Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,461 members, 7,816,083 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 03:28 AM

Delta Igbos - Culture (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Delta Igbos (39570 Views)

I Noticed Delta Igbos Have That Wafi Attitude / Delta Igbos In Delta State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Delta Igbos by Nobody: 3:53am On Jun 18, 2016
Emeka71:
I'm from Idumuje-unor; all I know is that I'm ibo.

You are Aniocha. No surprise. The contention is Ika and Ukwuani.
Re: Delta Igbos by asha90: 5:19am On Jun 18, 2016
Hopeless ugly old man stop mentioning Anambra on your useless and incoherent comments and face your worthless imo state. Imagine a coward lilly-livered jobless fool talking about fight. You mean you were cut to size instead because of your st.upidity. Anambra is the father of Igboland. Do the needful if you can't stand the truth. I have consistently warned you pig to stay away from us if you do not want any clash with me. Don't cry blue murder when it will start.

[s]
Abagworo:

Those Igbos don't know Igbo well and what we need in Nigeria. I am a realist to the fullest and mean well for Igbos and our unity. My fight with Anambra Igbos has yielded result of Igbos respecting every part of Igboland on Nairaland and it was my aim all along. No Igbo is bigger than the other but when one part tries to lord over others I get mad and cut them to size.

As for those still living in dreams of SS minorities loving Igbos they don't know reality at all. Our relationship should be strictly on mutual benefits and not sacrificial as some Igbos foolishly did and are still doing for Jonathan's loss. He got no love for us and never will. I know because I am rooted deeply in both zones hence my long drawn conclusion. In Nigeria the North is the beautiful bride.
[/s]
Re: Delta Igbos by honourhim: 5:35am On Jun 18, 2016
asha90:
Hopeless ugly old man stop mentioning Anambra on your useless and incoherent comments and face your worthless imo state. Imagine a coward lilly-livered jobless fool talking about fight. You mean you were cut to size instead because of your st.upidity. Anambra is the father of Igboland. Do the needful if you can't stand the truth. I have consistently warned you pig to stay away from us if you do not want any clash with me. Don't cry blue murder when it will start..

[s][/s]

Bia nwokem be careful. Don't call any part of Igbo land worthless. If you have issues with him you can sort it out with him. Don't engage in unneccessary bashing of any part of Igbo land. Be wise. Thanks.

3 Likes

Re: Delta Igbos by honourhim: 5:39am On Jun 18, 2016
Abagworo:

Those Igbos don't know Igbo well and what we need in Nigeria. I am a realist to the fullest and mean well for Igbos and our unity. My fight with Anambra Igbos has yielded result of Igbos respecting every part of Igboland on Nairaland and it was my aim all along. No Igbo is bigger than the other but when one part tries to lord over others I get mad and cut them to size.

As for those still living in dreams of SS minorities loving Igbos they don't know reality at all. Our relationship should be strictly on mutual benefits and not sacrificial as some Igbos foolishly did and are still doing for Jonathan's loss. He got no love for us and never will. I know because I am rooted deeply in both zones hence my long drawn conclusion. In Nigeria the North is the beautiful bride.
Do you even have a stand young man? I saw the nonsense you wrote in the thread where we argued with Ikwerre. You have a problem and you need deliverance.
Re: Delta Igbos by kettle84(m): 5:41am On Jun 18, 2016
honourhim:

Bia nwokem be careful. Don't call any part of Igbo land worthless. If you have issues with him you can sort it out with him. Don't engage in unneccessary bashing of any part of Igbo land. Be wise. Thanks.
. why are you people fighting? don't you know that ,that is the intention of this divisive thread by the op? igbo land is one regardless of state. we are all equal. Thank you

1 Like

Re: Delta Igbos by honourhim: 5:56am On Jun 18, 2016
kettle84:
. why are you people fighting? don't you know that ,that is the intention of this divisive thread by the op? igbo land is one regardless of state. we are all equal. Thank you
I'm not part of their fight. I'm just cautioning them so that they dont engage in things that will spoil the image of the igbos. Cheers.

1 Like

Re: Delta Igbos by asha90: 6:00am On Jun 18, 2016
You should rather be careful yourself. Why did he had to mention Anambra when I have warned him severally to stay away from us as we have nothing in common with him nor his people?

honourhim:

Re: Delta Igbos by kettle84(m): 6:02am On Jun 18, 2016
Ishilove:

Unless we choose to live in denial, the igbo speaking part of Delta may be termed 'Igbos of Delta'. Our languages are dialects of the larger Igbo language and we may be grouped as 'sub ethnic' groups of the Igbo.

That doesn't mean I'm identifying with the Igbos. Heck no. Proudly Ukwuani grin
the question is are you igbo ,Hausa or Yoruba? if you bear igbo names and speak an igbo dialect and continue to denial that you are not igbo then you are perpetually foolish until you know who you are and your root.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Delta Igbos by asha90: 6:02am On Jun 18, 2016
Abagworo is a cursed ugly jobless old man. Now you see what am talking about, but I am on NL just to continue to tame him by all means necessary.

honourhim:

Do you even have a stand young man? I saw the nonsense you wrote in the thread where we argued with Ikwerre. You have a problem and you need deliverance.
Re: Delta Igbos by SlayerSupreme: 6:16am On Jun 18, 2016
Dynamite02:
Talking about delta igbos, are the ukwani's part of them? Why are they and every other tribe generally referred to as "Kwale"? People from Aboh belong to what tribe? Are they ukwani's too? Is the ukwani a local government or a tribe?
The only reason the slaves are included as delta Igbos is that the fools bear Igbo names and call themselves Ukwuani;which is an Igbo name. Save for that nobody would have known they existed. Fuck_ing idiots.
Re: Delta Igbos by honourhim: 6:23am On Jun 18, 2016
asha90:
You should rather be careful yourself. Why did he had to mention Anambra when I have warned him severally to stay away from us as we have nothing in common with him nor his people?

Just take it easy. Igbos are one and each part of Igbo land has their area of success and a combination of these areas of strength is what makes the Igbo nation great. Abagworo has a problem don't let him drag you into bashing any part of Igbo land. That's why i said you should be careful.
Re: Delta Igbos by asha90: 6:29am On Jun 18, 2016
Abagworo is a demonic old man that should be checked, monitored and not allowed to float freely whenever he makes his utterances.

honourhim:

Just take it easy. Igbos are one and each part of Igbo land has their area of success and a combination of these areas of strength is what makes the Igbo nation great. Abagworo has a problem don't let him drag you into bashing any part of Igbo land. That's why i said you should be careful.
Re: Delta Igbos by PhilemonObende: 6:50am On Jun 18, 2016
therevelation2:

You should be very careful Ishi***............

I will send you a message on facebook tomorrow...............

How is your son Soulsista?.................

I will stop here.........

Cc PhilemonObende

ishilove..how far?
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Delta Igbos by Nobody: 6:53am On Jun 18, 2016
Meanwhile grin grin grin

6 Likes

Re: Delta Igbos by Dynamite02: 7:40am On Jun 18, 2016
SlayerSupreme:

The only reason the slaves are included as delta Igbos is that the fools bear Igbo names and call themselves Ukwuani;which is an Igbo name. Save for that nobody would have known they existed. Fuck_ing idiots.
OMG!!! *hands on my head*.....why na? was not expecting this kind of answer,in short this one nor be answer...vexation nor good o!!!
Onto the matter, its a pity we don't have history books / curriculum...we depend on folk tales without proper documentation and as it passes on from generation to generation it becomes adulterated...hence the confusion
#saynototribalism

1 Like

Re: Delta Igbos by jude90(m): 7:44am On Jun 18, 2016
IkpuMmadu:
We don't have Delta Igbo what we have is igbos that are native of Delta state just like we Igbo that are native of IMO state and we have Igbo that are native of rivers state

God bless you so much. you are very right. it seems most people on nairaland wallow in self denial or ignorance, that states were created doesn't change some one's ancenstral lineage. the question is can pure white couple give birth to a black child? the answer is no. for some one to speak a language, have the same culture, live in the same area, have the same history and have the same appearance shows they of same people just that after the civil war, states were created and here comes the division.

1 Like

Re: Delta Igbos by Nobody: 7:49am On Jun 18, 2016
IkpuMmadu:

We don't have Delta Igbo what we have is igbos that are native of Delta state just like we Igbo that are native of IMO state and we have Igbo that are native of rivers state

Ka Chineke mezie okwu grin grin

1 Like

Re: Delta Igbos by sarutobie(m): 8:19am On Jun 18, 2016
jude90:

God bless you so much. you are very right. it seems most people on nairaland wallow in self denial or ignorance, that states were created doesn't change some one's ancenstral lineage. the question is can pure white couple give birth to a black child? the answer is no. for some one to speak a language, have the same culture, live in the same area, have the same history and have the same appearance shows they of same people just that after the civil war, states were created and here comes the division.
the creation of states in Nigeria was maliciously done by the military to whittle down the powers of some region. it wasn't done in a fair manner..that is why an imo state man will now see his brother in abia as a stranger and vice versa..forgetting that barely 26 years ago, there was no abia state! any abia state man born before 1991 has a birth certificate of imo state....the ibibios have a long history with my people due to border proximity. we have been inter-marrying way before my dad was even born..a lot of them understand the igbo language/dialect and speak it fluently...the same can be said of the opobos in rivers state..king jaja of opobo was born in the present imo state, it will preposterous for any of his descendants to deny his igbo ancestry just because of the superficial and political creation of states.....

1 Like

Re: Delta Igbos by Lezzlie(m): 8:39am On Jun 18, 2016
sonya4all:
first i would want to say that this issue had been trashed a long time ago on several threads in culture section, but because of some unpleasant things am seeing here i want to make it known like igboid said for the benefits of young people who wants to know about themselves in future via the internet,ANIOMA is a coinage of 4 different ethnicities namely,Aniocha,Ndokwa,Ika and Oshimili.with the last letters MA.to make it pronouncable,also Anioma is not listed in delta state constitution as an IGBO ethnic group like ugomba or someone mentioned here,i speak for myself and majority of IKAS,that we are not igbos though some of the other ethnicities might accept being called igbo,but am here for ika.and i respect their wish,but what annoys me is the immaturity being exhibited here by the some people by way of insulting people who wish to be identified by a particular name or tag obviously for reasons best known to them.this should not be so...i am proudly an IKA man.and that should be respected...cheers.

ishilove,bless you
@ the emboldened, Delta state has no constitution, the official language we have in Delta are 5.

Igbo, Urhobo, Ijaw, Isoko and Itsekiri. There are no other official distinction from this. I respect your personal stand on this.

But there has been no official effort by the Obi or his elders from Ika to carve out a separate tribe (not ethnicity) from Anioma position which is a subgroup of Igbo.

It's been a while I watched the Delta TV evening news but it's always Igbo for Delta north , Urhobo, Itsekiri, Isoko and Ijaw respectively. There's no different one designated for Ika

5 Likes

Re: Delta Igbos by therevelation2: 8:49am On Jun 18, 2016
Ishilove:

Lmao! Same old tactics. Ishi... ko, ihsi ni.

Mscheeew. Fuckoff

Look, you are my sister and we have no problem with you.......

I know you very well, much more than you can imagine.........

Your name is Ish***a O******e...... grin grin

You can fill in the blanks to spell your name.

I know where you work too.......

I love you my sister, i will send you a message on facebook soon.......

Stop this your behaviour here..............

Signed

The Reminder.

1 Like

Re: Delta Igbos by Igboid: 8:49am On Jun 18, 2016
Lezzlie:
@ the emboldened, Delta state has no constitution, the official language we have in Delta are 5.

Igbo, Urhobo, Ijaw, Isoko and Itsekiri. There are no other official distinction from this. I respect your personal stand on this.

But there has been no official effort by the Obi or its elders from Ika to carve out a separate tribe (not ethnicity) from Anioma position which is a subgroup of Igbo.

It's been a while I watched the Delta TV evening news but it's always Igbo for Delta north , Urhobo, Itsekiri, Isoko and Ijaw respectively. There's no different one designated for Ika
You are right about Delta state government not recognizing Ika officially as a separate ethnic group away from the Igbo cluster.

But you are wrong on the Delta TV part. I watched Delta TV news in Onitsha around 2006-2010, and they always broadcast the news in Ika, Enuani/Igbo, Ukwuani and the rest of non Igbo languages of Delta state.

I don't know if they still do so now.

1 Like

Re: Delta Igbos by therevelation2: 8:52am On Jun 18, 2016
Sirsubway1:
[s][/s]

[s] Lousy coward, get lost and stop disgracing your family[/s].

I am talking to my sister Ishilove, you have no business here........... cheesy

This is a family matter.......
Re: Delta Igbos by Lezzlie(m): 9:01am On Jun 18, 2016
Igboid:

You are right about Delta state government not recognizing Ika officially as a separate ethnic group away from the Igbo cluster.

But you are wrong on the Delta TV part. I watched Delta TV news in Onitsha around 2006-2010, and they always broadcast the news in Ika, Enuani/Igbo, Ukwuani and the rest of non Igbo languages of Delta state.

I don't know if they still do so now.
I haven't really witnessed that. I know of a programme in TV and radio where all the dialects of Igbo speaking deltans are showcased and spoken.

In the evening news, in my experience, it's just the 5 languages. If they are distinguishing Ika from Oshimili , then they will distinguish Oshimili too from Aniocha.

And down in Delta central, the Urhobos have varying dialects too. But it's still one language used for news rendition.
Re: Delta Igbos by Sirsubway1: 9:22am On Jun 18, 2016
therevelation2:

I am talking to my sister Ishilove, you have no business here........... cheesy

This is a family matter.......

Get lost and stop threatening the lady. You should be ashamed of yourself, coward.
Re: Delta Igbos by therevelation2: 9:24am On Jun 18, 2016
Sirsubway1:

Get lost and stop threatening the lady. You should be ashamed of yourself, coward.

I am not threatening her...........

Ishilove is my lovely sister............

I will send her a special message on facebook today...... wink
Re: Delta Igbos by Sirsubway1: 9:24am On Jun 18, 2016
[s]
therevelation2:

Look, you are my sister and we have no problem with you.......

I know you very well, much more than you can imagine.........

Your name is Ish***a O******e...... grin grin

You can fill in the blanks to spell your name.

I know where you work too.......

I love you my sister, i will send you a message on facebook soon.......

Stop this your behaviour here..............

Signed

The Reminder.
[/s]

Shameless noisemaking coward.
Re: Delta Igbos by Nobody: 9:24am On Jun 18, 2016
therevelation2:

Ishilove needs an Igbo husband

2 Likes

Re: Delta Igbos by Sirsubway1: 9:25am On Jun 18, 2016
[s]
therevelation2:

[/s]

You know her name and so what? You want to start that rubbish here again, we will be here waiting for you. Customized and co will be the one to suffer for your foolishness, you can never grow up.
Re: Delta Igbos by therevelation2: 9:26am On Jun 18, 2016
quid:

Ishilove needs an Igbo husband

I will connect her with my elder brother.

They will get married......

Ishilove, you will marry my elder brother. cheesy
Re: Delta Igbos by Nobody: 9:26am On Jun 18, 2016
therevelation2:

I will connect her with my elder brother.

They will get married......

Ishilove, you will marry my elder brother. cheesy
@ Ishilove , please accept this Igbo marriage proposal

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Delta Igbos by therevelation2: 9:27am On Jun 18, 2016
Sirsubway1:
[s][/s]

[s]You know her name and so what? You want to start that rubbish here again, we will be here waiting for you. Customized and co will be the one to suffer for your foolishness, you can never grow up[/s].

Park well abeg.....

That era is gone...........

Leave me with my sister now, shooo.... grin

1 Like

Re: Delta Igbos by Sirsubway1: 9:30am On Jun 18, 2016
therevelation2:

Park well abeg.....

That era is gone...........

Leave me with my sister now, shooo.... grin

You should try it and cry as usual. You are trying to threaten the lady cos she said she is not Ibo, you guys have no shame at all, must you bully people for saying there mind. Go find job and stop theeateming people everywhere. Mschew

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (17) (Reply)

Funny/Silly Superstitious Beliefs You've Heard/Believe! / Masquerade Wearing Lord’s Chosen Church’s Overalls in Anambra State / Ojora Of Lagos, Oba Fatai Aremu Marries A New Wife (Photos, Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.