Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,203 members, 7,953,749 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 03:06 AM

Tennis: US Open 2009 - Sports (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Tennis: US Open 2009 (14565 Views)

Tennis US Open 2012.. / Us Open Tennis 2011: Djokovic Vs Nadal Live / Official Thread Of The Us Open Tennis Tournament (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tennis: US Open 2009 by dayokanu(m): 8:08am On Sep 10, 2009
Shouldnt you worry about Nadal vs Gonzalez and possibly Del Potro more
Re: Tennis: US Open 2009 by tubabie(f): 8:23am On Sep 10, 2009
No am not worried, Nadal will be in the final watch this space. cool
Anyway I have a gut feeling Gonzalez will end Del Potro's run.
Re: Tennis: US Open 2009 by RuuDie(m): 9:01am On Sep 10, 2009
Djoko v Fed - interesting fixture. . .
Djoko has the potentials for an upset but i'd rather love to see another Nadal-Federer block-buster in the final. . . . highly unlikely that any match, talkless of a final, btw these two can ever be anything but a cracker!
Re: Tennis: US Open 2009 by RuuDie(m): 9:09am On Sep 10, 2009
US Open - Fan faces jail for Nadal embrace

A Rafael Nadal fan, who breached US Open security to embrace the Spaniard courtside, faces jail time after he was charged with interfering with a sporting event.

Nadal was in the midst of changing shirts after he beat France's Gael Monfils when the male fan leaped out of the stands onto the court in Arthur Ashe Stadium and put his arms around Nadal before kissing him on the cheek.

Noam Aorta, 23, of Queens, New York, who sprinted past courtside security to reach the 23-year-old Nadal, faces up to one year in jail and a $5,000 (£3,023) fine for criminal trespassing.

District Attorney Richard Brown said in a statement that authorities took such security breaches seriously after previous incidents including that of former world number one Monica Seles, who was stabbed in the back by a spectator in 1993 in Germany.

The stabbing severely hampered her career.

"For me it wasn't a problem," Nadal, who appeared unruffled, said about the encounter. "The guy was really nice. He was a great fan, he said 'I love you' and he kiss me."

http://eurosport.yahoo.com/09092009/58/open-fan-faces-jail-nadal-embrace.html

Hmmm. . .  hope Nadal is not gay oh  undecided lipsrsealed
Re: Tennis: US Open 2009 by sweetpie23: 9:11am On Sep 10, 2009
I love F. Verdasco kiss kiss
Re: Tennis: US Open 2009 by tubabie(f): 9:13am On Sep 10, 2009
RuuDie:

Hmmm. . .  hope Nadal is not gay oh  undecided lipsrsealed

Of course not undecided The fan made the move not Nadal!
Re: Tennis: US Open 2009 by sirwebs(m): 10:15am On Sep 10, 2009
Djoko is a Djoker. Federer will decimate him.
Re: Tennis: US Open 2009 by dayokanu(m): 5:11pm On Sep 10, 2009
With those butt hugging outfit you never can tell.
Re: Tennis: US Open 2009 by JeSoul(f): 5:16pm On Sep 10, 2009
dayokanu:

With those butt hugging outfit you never can tell.

Gbam! grin
How many fellas on the tour wear their capris shorts as tight as Nadal? cheesy
Re: Tennis: US Open 2009 by JeSoul(f): 5:17pm On Sep 10, 2009
By the way I like that Wozniacki girl. She's got some serious potential and her game is not boring like some other ladies on the tour who shall remain nameless. I hope she goes all the way to the final and takes it.
Re: Tennis: US Open 2009 by iice(f): 5:21pm On Sep 10, 2009
JeSoul:

By the way I like that Wozniacki girl. She's got some serious potential and her game is not boring like some other ladies on the tour who shall remain nameless. I hope she goes all the way to the final and takes it.

cheesy cheesy
Re: Tennis: US Open 2009 by tubabie(f): 5:22pm On Sep 10, 2009
JeSoul:

Gbam!  grin
How many fellas on the tour wear their capris shorts as tight as Nadal?  cheesy

Na you people sabi. The bane of the game is winning and my Nadal does just that. cheesy

JeSoul:

shocked Hmmm thats stretching it, neither Serena nor Kim are easy to beat. She may not win this slam but looks likely to play in the final.
Re: Tennis: US Open 2009 by dayokanu(m): 5:40pm On Sep 10, 2009
Federer has proven his potence off the tennis court by dropping twins not wearing butt hugging capris
Re: Tennis: US Open 2009 by tkb417(m): 5:43pm On Sep 10, 2009
Na you people sabi. The bane of the game is winning and my Nadal does just that
whats the meaning of that?
Re: Tennis: US Open 2009 by tubabie(f): 5:55pm On Sep 10, 2009
tkb417:

whats the meaning of that?

I meant the "death" of the game is winning. this time "death" is positive

He "kills" the games.
Re: Tennis: US Open 2009 by dayokanu(m): 5:57pm On Sep 10, 2009
Na wa o, We no go private Nursery skool oh, Break it down for we na
Re: Tennis: US Open 2009 by tkb417(m): 6:00pm On Sep 10, 2009
tubabie:

I meant the "death" the game is winning. this time "death" is positive

He "kills" the games.
The death of the game =winning undecided
ic

like i can say the death of the game of footie is scoring/winning? innit?
hehehe
funny.  .  . u must be Wole Soyinka in disguise y'knw

dayokanu:

cant u read?
bane="death" grin grin
Re: Tennis: US Open 2009 by dayokanu(m): 6:02pm On Sep 10, 2009
cant u read?
bane="death"

I can read na, I read Lolly instead of N.O.E.C
Re: Tennis: US Open 2009 by Busybody2(f): 6:04pm On Sep 10, 2009
tubabie:

Na you people sabi. The bane of the game is winning and my Nadal does just that. cheesy

shocked Hmmm thats stretching it, neither Serena nor Kim are easy to beat. She may not win this slam but looks likely to play in the final.

I hate this girl, is there anything she is not good at angry I mean she hasn't done me anything wrong, but I hate it that she can just stand there looking pretty and unruffled and with not a hair outta place and now she knows about this game too, arrghh angry angry angry

Me too I am off to go and watch this boring game its golf innit so i can show off to her too grin
Re: Tennis: US Open 2009 by tkb417(m): 6:06pm On Sep 10, 2009
dayokanu:

I can read na, I read Lolly instead of N.O.E.C
hehehe
no be you, mr nackson grin grin

Busy_body:

I hate this girl, is there anything she is not good at angry I mean she hasn't done me anything wrong, but I hate it that she can just stand there looking pretty and unruffled and with not a hair outta place and now she knows about tennis too, arrghh angry angry angry grin
ki lan so , ki lonso
waka fast cheesy
Re: Tennis: US Open 2009 by Busybody2(f): 6:09pm On Sep 10, 2009
tkb417:

ki lan so , ki lonso
waka fast cheesy

Yeye, you think say me I no know something about golf too and that Tiger Woods is handicapped at the 45th hole and is about to err . . . err . . . tongue tongue tongue
Re: Tennis: US Open 2009 by tkb417(m): 6:15pm On Sep 10, 2009
Busy_body:

Yeye, you think say me I no know something about golf too and that Tiger Woods is handicapped at the 45th hole and is about to err . . . err . . . tongue tongue tongue
hehehe
dont de-rail the thread abeg, railway association honorary member
by the way, somebody has invited you for a contest in the court premises grin grin

leave Tiger woods, this place is Nadal[i]ish[/i]
Re: Tennis: US Open 2009 by tubabie(f): 6:16pm On Sep 10, 2009
@Busy_Body

Oya go lol grin grin

@Dayo

lol @ N.O.E.C

@Tkb
No just related to him. I cant be him now.
Re: Tennis: US Open 2009 by tkb417(m): 6:18pm On Sep 10, 2009
@Tkb
No just related to him. I cant be him now
its cool madame. jst messin around
Re: Tennis: US Open 2009 by RuuDie(m): 6:30pm On Sep 10, 2009
tubabie:

Of course not undecided The fan made the move not Nadal!

Doesn't appear that he did an awful lot to dissuade the frisky fella from pecking him. . . . .

dayokanu:

Federer has proven his potence off the tennis court by dropping twins not wearing butt hugging capris

Maybe JeSoul should give Nadal a chance to prove his potence. . . . she'd pro'lly be clutching quadruplets after 1 round grin grin
Re: Tennis: US Open 2009 by RuuDie(m): 6:31pm On Sep 10, 2009
where is chic2pimp abi wetin dem dey call am

My word still stands oh. . . . if Kim loses to Serena, u get 1k recharge card from me!
Re: Tennis: US Open 2009 by eldee(m): 6:32pm On Sep 10, 2009
Hehehe . . . I've never felt this good since the start of the US Open
Oudin (American Murray) out, Clijsters in the Semis and now the Williams are going the whole nine yards in the doubles

I hope Serena gets extremely tired before facing Clijsters . . . grin grin
Re: Tennis: US Open 2009 by tkb417(m): 6:33pm On Sep 10, 2009
Maybe JeSoul should give Nadal a chance to prove his potence. . . . she'd pro'lly be clutching quadruplets after 1 round

una don dey prove potency for here. . .
im on this thread till d end of the slam grin
Re: Tennis: US Open 2009 by tubabie(f): 6:36pm On Sep 10, 2009
eldee:

Hehehe . . . I've never felt this good since the start of the US Open
Oudin (American Murray) out, Clijsters in the Semis and now the Williams are going the whole nine yards in the doubles

I hope Serena gets extremely tired before facing Clijsters . . . grin grin

Funny enough I will also love for KIM to be the eventual winner.
Re: Tennis: US Open 2009 by JeSoul(f): 6:36pm On Sep 10, 2009
dayokanu:

ROTFLOL  cheesy  eya e kpele sir

tubabie:

and nobody thought skinny miss Sharapova could thrash and totally upset Serena couple yrs ago . . . Go Wozniacki!  cool

Clijsters is no jjc, I expect a grueling 3 setter btw her and Serena leaving Serena too tired to power her way through Woz.
Re: Tennis: US Open 2009 by JeSoul(f): 6:40pm On Sep 10, 2009
RuuDie:

Doesn't appear that he did an awful lot to dissuade the frisky fella from pecking him. . . . .
  Of course now, he was savoring every moment of it  grin

Maybe JeSoul should give Nadal a chance to prove his potence. . . . she'd pro'lly be clutching quadruplets after 1 round grin grin
Lol . . . god forbid bad thing. Now if it had been another one of those proper drop dead undeniable stud of a fella that is on tour . . .  cool
Re: Tennis: US Open 2009 by eldee(m): 7:09pm On Sep 10, 2009
tubabie:

Funny enough I will also love for KIM to be the eventual winner.

Tell me the truth, Man Utd poached you.
Cus I don't see why sumone with such a good taste in music, tennis, errfin decided to choose the Mancscum way of life cheesy cheesy

Just tell me now, we could make money off Glazer, and still get them a supporter recruitment ban wink

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (18) (Reply)

Nairaland Quoted In Grantland 79-0 Match Article / Can Morocco Be Africa's Glimmer Of Hope? / Reporter Removes Clothes While Reporting On Ronaldo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.