Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,776 members, 7,824,242 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 06:22 AM

Tennis: US Open 2009 - Sports (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Tennis: US Open 2009 (14278 Views)

Tennis US Open 2012.. / Us Open Tennis 2011: Djokovic Vs Nadal Live / Official Thread Of The Us Open Tennis Tournament (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (18) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tennis: US Open 2009 by tubabie(f): 7:15pm On Sep 10, 2009
eldee:

Tell me the truth, Man Utd poached you.
Cus I don't see why sumone with such a good taste in music, tennis, errfin decided to choose the Mancscum way of life cheesy cheesy

Just tell me now, we could make money off Glazer, and still get them a supporter recruitment ban wink

Excuse me Don't go there! I live and breathe Man Utd.We are the best. I dont want the Gaynner way of life.
Let's turn the table and have you over to our camp. wink
Re: Tennis: US Open 2009 by viewlekan: 7:21pm On Sep 10, 2009
Dayokanu,I have noticed with interest that most of your posts are anti-British.You consistently villify anything to do with that country from politics to sports,I think it is necessary when posting in a forum like this to make analysis in an informed and rational manner.Hence it is highly desirable to put aside all forms of prejudice or personal opinion and deal with facts.
I was shocked when I read your post/s about Murray,very subjective to say the least.It is true that Murray is not in the same league as Federer or nadal ,yet(being the operation word).The fact remains:

1.Murrays remains one of the few players(if not the only player) that has beaten both Nadal and Federer (3ice).
2.He is ranked No2 in the world not by a British Org but an independent world sporting body.

I concur when you say he is given a lot of hype by the UK media but so what!!( The Nigerian media consistently claimed that Okocha was the best thing to happen to football since Maradona-and a lot of Nigerians believed it and some still do today-despite the fact he has not even won an African footballer of the year award).

It is necessary to separate our feelings from facts and reality.

P.S Dont make me start on English Football either-most of your analysis are pretty chaotic and ill-informed!
Re: Tennis: US Open 2009 by tkb417(m): 7:29pm On Sep 10, 2009
viewlekan:

Dayokanu,I have noticed with interest that most of your posts are anti-British.You consistently villify anything to do with that country from politics to sports,I think it is necessary when posting in a forum like this to make analysis in an informed and rational manner.Hence it is highly desirable to put aside all forms of prejudice or personal opinion and deal with facts.
I was shocked when I read your post/s about Murray,very subjective to say the least.It is true that Murray is not in the same league as Federer or nadal ,yet(being the operation word).The fact remains:

1.Murrays remains one of the few players(if not the only player) that has beaten both Nadal and Federer (3ice).
2.He is ranked No2 in the world not by a British Org but an independent world sporting body.

I concur when you say he is given a lot of hype by the UK media but so what!!( The Nigerian media consistently claimed that Okocha was the best thing to happen to football since Maradona-and a lot of Nigerians believed it and some still do today-despite the fact he has not even won an African footballer of the year award).

P.S Dont make me start on English Football either-most of your analysis are pretty chaotic and ill-informed!
hehehe cheesy
Re: Tennis: US Open 2009 by JeSoul(f): 7:29pm On Sep 10, 2009
Lol . . . oya Dayo tell us what did Britian/the British do to you now? grin
Re: Tennis: US Open 2009 by eldee(m): 7:31pm On Sep 10, 2009
tubabie:

Excuse me Don't go there! I live and breathe Man Utd.We are the best. I dont want the Gaynner way of life.
Let's turn the table and have you over to our camp. wink

Hmmn . . . I'm not saying you should cross-over to the good side, you could just become a free agent
Support England or sumn . . . just get that stain off your CV wink

@viewlekan
Regardless of when Nadal stops winning, he'll be No2 at the end of this month
Re: Tennis: US Open 2009 by tkb417(m): 7:34pm On Sep 10, 2009
JeSoul:

was denied a visa when he was a toddler grin
dude carries so much hatred in his heart he'll do anythn to rubbish England.

dont blame him, blame the consulate grin
Re: Tennis: US Open 2009 by tubabie(f): 7:35pm On Sep 10, 2009
eldee:

Hmmn . . . I'm not saying you should cross-over to the good side, you could just become a free agent

What good side? free me pls wink
Re: Tennis: US Open 2009 by viewlekan: 7:48pm On Sep 10, 2009
eldee:

@viewlekan
Regardless of when Nadal stops winning, he'll be No2 at the end of this month

I am not too sure if he would regain his second spot but realistically judging from the action at the US open that should be the case.
Re: Tennis: US Open 2009 by eldee(m): 7:50pm On Sep 10, 2009
tkb417:

Com one, blame which consulate??
If you were  PM, allowing people like Dayo into the The UK would have people asking for your resignation letter cheesy cheesy
Dayo was deported from Nigeria to Germany cheesy cheesy

tubabie:

What good side? free me pls wink

Hmmn . . . I won't say I didn't try to save your soul cheesy
Re: Tennis: US Open 2009 by tkb417(m): 7:58pm On Sep 10, 2009
eldee:

Com one, blame which consulate??
If you were  PM, allowing people like Dayo into the The UK would have people asking for your resignation letter cheesy cheesy
Dayo was deported from Nigeria to Germany cheesy cheesy

Went to visit the dude last winter, ol boi, the UK Govt should thank the consulate for denying him Visa cos Texas presently is in turmoil cos of DK

free that chic. shes a manc and ill say your pesistent haranguing isnt going unnoticed
dont let this denegerate to a fratricidal war
we are devils y'knw
Re: Tennis: US Open 2009 by chic2pimp(m): 8:09pm On Sep 10, 2009
JeSoul:

tkb417:

Thank u jare. I don tell em' many times but dey no wam gree. Dayo's animosity towards the queen's own country is because he was denied visas time and time again.
Re: Tennis: US Open 2009 by Nobody: 8:18pm On Sep 10, 2009
viewlekan:

I am not too sure if he would regain his second spot but realistically judging from the action at the US open that should be the case.

Nadal is back at Number 2 . . . Murray being 2nd best player in the world was a cynical joke.
Re: Tennis: US Open 2009 by tubabie(f): 8:27pm On Sep 10, 2009
eldee:

Thanks , Man Utd rules, come over and join us.
Re: Tennis: US Open 2009 by eldee(m): 10:04pm On Sep 10, 2009
tubabie:

Thanks , Man Utd rules, come over and join us.
Nah . . . I'm aiite
I've got this look on my face right now, that's my I'd rather have sex with Caster Semenya look. cheesy wink

tkb417:

Went to visit the dude last winter, ol boi, the UK Govt should thank the consulate for denying him Visa cos Texas presently is in turmoil cos of DK

free that chic. shes a manc and ill say your pesistent haranguing isnt going unnoticed
dont let this denegerate to a fratricidal war
we are devils y'knw

Are you threatening us??
You know what happens when we get the Arsenal out
We're are the Gooners, y'all fear us but we don't care cheesy cheesy
Re: Tennis: US Open 2009 by dayokanu(m): 11:27pm On Sep 10, 2009

You have not said anything that holds logical weight here, A Number 2 without a grand slam? Just like Safina is Number 1 right

Pls do start about English football and tell us how a country has not played any major final in 43 years deserved to be mentioned
Re: Tennis: US Open 2009 by dayokanu(m): 11:31pm On Sep 10, 2009
Germany 6 England 2 Women Euro cup
Germany 4 England 0 U 17
Germany 4 England 0 U21

All this year when would England be saved from the Germans !!!
Re: Tennis: US Open 2009 by viewlekan: 12:02am On Sep 11, 2009
dayokanu:

You have not said anything that holds logical weight here, A Number 2 without a grand slam? Just like Safina is Number 1 right

Pls do start about English football and tell us how a country has not played any major final in 43 years deserved to be mentioned

Your pattern of reasoning is frightening to be honest.I outlined two valid reasons why your assertions about Murray is questionable and you said I didnt say anything that holds logical weight without any attempt to address or refute it.
I would take it slowly( perharps that way you would understand me):

Rankings are determined by the number of tournaments a player participates in and their performance is taken into account .Murray has obviously played more matches than Nadal this year( albeit due to the latters injury) ,but it would be grossly disingenious to suggest that outside of the known top 2 players (namely Fed and nadal) murray has not performed better than any other player.

My position is ,Murray is a very good tennis player and reasonably is almost definitely among the best 4 in the world at this time .You comparing him with the likes of bagdatis etc is nonsensical.

P.S As for starting a debate on English football ,you know more than I do, this is not the appropriate thread to do that!, after over 2000 posts you should know better, I,ll meet you when you get there!!!
Re: Tennis: US Open 2009 by dayokanu(m): 12:16am On Sep 11, 2009
Rankings are made for those who cant look deep enough. Based on ranking Safina is the best female tennis player right? and tell me the position of Serena Williams. If you go for those Dubai Opens, Lome Opens and Nasarawa Opens you would be number one.
Those ranking dont mean anything if you cant even win a grand slam to save your miserable life. Who remebers the folks who were number one in 1999? Only the grand slam winners are remembered. Safin has his Grand Slam so does Hewwit and Djokovic all won when they were very young too So the age argument does not hold And Murray would never win as long as Nadal Federer, Djokovic, Del potro are around he would even struggle with Roddick, Tsonga, Robredo, Acasuso and other good players.

Number 2 booted out by every tom manliness and Harry

Just like FIFA ranking Czech republic might be number 2 in the world and still get whooped by Ghana.

Tell me one single thing England does well in Sports. Buncha noise makers
Re: Tennis: US Open 2009 by eldee(m): 12:19am On Sep 11, 2009
JeSoul:

We halted WWII . . .
If not for The coalition forces and Dad's Army, German woulda been the official language in Paris

Just imagine an English back line of Rioche Ferchdinad and Jank Terrystein cheesy cheesy
Re: Tennis: US Open 2009 by dayokanu(m): 12:34am On Sep 11, 2009
Dont you think you would have been better for it at least probably might have won that miserable Island more trophies
Re: Tennis: US Open 2009 by eldee(m): 12:38am On Sep 11, 2009
dayokanu:

Dont you think you would have been better for it at least probably might have won that miserable Island more trophies

I'll rather have us go trophyless for a century than have that moustache those sods have on em cheesy cheesy
Re: Tennis: US Open 2009 by Borat1: 12:40am On Sep 11, 2009
Rafa is about to tell y'all why he should be considered a contender. But this verdasco guy and his resilience sef
Re: Tennis: US Open 2009 by tubabie(f): 12:44am On Sep 11, 2009
dayokanu:

Abeg is everything about trophies? At least the Uk has a seemingly more reputable history than the Nazis.
Re: Tennis: US Open 2009 by LadyT(f): 12:46am On Sep 11, 2009
tubabie@ kiss
Re: Tennis: US Open 2009 by dayokanu(m): 12:49am On Sep 11, 2009
Abeg is everything about trophies? At least the Uk has a seemingly more reputable history than the Nazis.

Tell me about these histories that the UK has better. Everything they are behind the Germans. Check Tkb's profile picture for evidence
Re: Tennis: US Open 2009 by viewlekan: 12:57am On Sep 11, 2009
dayokanu:

Rankings are made for those who cant look deep enough. Based on ranking Safina is the best female tennis player right? and tell me the position of Serena Williams. If you go for those Dubai Opens, Lome Opens and Nasarawa Opens you would be number one.
Those ranking dont mean anything if you cant even win a grand slam to save your miserable life. Who remebers the folks who were number one in 1999? Only the grand slam winners are remembered. Safin has his Grand Slam so does Hewwit and Djokovic all won when they were very young too So the age argument does not hold And Murray would never win as long as Nadal Federer, Djokovic, Del potro are around he would even struggle with Roddick, Tsonga, Robredo, Acasuso and other good players.

Number 2 booted out by every tom manliness and Harry

Just like FIFA ranking Czech republic might be number 2 in the world and still get whooped by Ghana.

Tell me one single thing England does well in Sports. Buncha noise makers

You never fail to disappoint me.
The crux of  the arguement is your stance about Murray,like I mentioned earlier your comparison of Murray to bagdatis,safin etc was ridiculous.It is evident that Murray is unarguably one of the top 4 players in the world-ranking or no ranking.You have a knack for exaggeration hence the lome open rubbish and it is always evident in your posts.
I cannot help you with your obsession for Germany,but I found it quite amusing that you are actually following the Euro women tournament, you must be one of the very people who would dedicate their time to know the scores of such a tourney.

England has not won a lot of titles but honestly I would put my bet where the money is, hello London!!!
Re: Tennis: US Open 2009 by eldee(m): 12:57am On Sep 11, 2009
dayokanu:

Tell me about these histories that the UK has better. Everything they are behind the Germans. Check Tkb's profile picture for evidence
We've trashed Germany and USA in environmental protection technology, and that's the future.
My case rests.
Re: Tennis: US Open 2009 by chic2pimp(m): 1:07am On Sep 11, 2009
eldee:

We've trashed Germany and USA in environmental protection technology, and that's the future.
My case rests.

We have also thrashed them on so many other things. If I start now,come tomorrow evening i'll still be going strong. So I'll rather not start.
Re: Tennis: US Open 2009 by dayokanu(m): 1:13am On Sep 11, 2009
The crux of  the arguement is your stance about Murray,like I mentioned earlier your comparison of Murray to bagdatis,safin etc was ridiculous.It is evident that Murray is unarguably one of the top 4 players in the world-ranking or no ranking.You have a knack for exaggeration hence the lome open rubbish and it is always evident in your posts.
!!!

Anybody that has a GS is better than anyone without So Hewwit, Safin, Roddick., Tomas Johanson, Kafelnikov, Kuerten, Gaudio, Ferrero, Albert Costa are all better than Grand Slamless Murray. Muray has played how many slam finals?

I cannot help you with your obsession for Germany,but I found it quite amusing that you are actually following the Euro women tournament, you must be one of the very people who would dedicate their time to know the scores of such a tourney.

England has not won a lot of titles but honestly I would put my bet where the money is, hello London

If not the Euro tournament tell us anything football or Sports that England are better If Murray lives for 2,000 years he can never be the player Boris Becker was.

UEFA U17 Germany 4 England 0
UEFA U21 Germany 4 England 0
World cup Germany 3 titles England 1
Euro cup Germany 3 titles England 0
Put your money wherever you want but Hello some people would put money on Akwa United beating Barcelona so its nothing new

My case rests.

Environmental what? More like Hausas claiming they have trashed other tribes in "Meruwa" bizniz, gateman jobs,  packing dirts and selling in kiosks
Re: Tennis: US Open 2009 by tubabie(f): 1:15am On Sep 11, 2009
Nadal is having some issues with his right hand, I  hope these injuries are kept at bay  sad
1st set to Nadal, Gonzalez has been having a good game too, 7-6
Re: Tennis: US Open 2009 by Nobody: 1:42am On Sep 11, 2009
eldee:

We halted WWII . . .
If not for The coalition forces
and Dad's Army, German woulda been the official language in Paris

Just imagine an English back line of Rioche Ferchdinad and Jank Terrystein cheesy cheesy

Actually America's entry into the war was what ended it. But for America London was already becoming a disaster area. grin
Re: Tennis: US Open 2009 by eldee(m): 1:50am On Sep 11, 2009
dayokanu:

Environmental what? More like Hausas claiming they have trashed other tribes in "Meruwa" bizniz, gateman jobs,  packing dirts and selling in kiosks

It's simple, we stop y'all's asses from getting fried . . . c'est fini. cheesy

davidylan:

Actually America's entry into the war was what ended it. But for America London was already becoming a disaster area. grin
Come on . . . America did it not because they loved the Queen
They did cus they knew how strong the threat of a Nazi Europe would have been.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (18) (Reply)

Tinubu Will Watch AFCON Final In Ivory Coast, Says CAF President / Cristiano Ronaldo Score 2 Goals In Al Nassr's Win Vs Ahli / Do You Think Nigeria Needs A Foreign Coach?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.