Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,863 members, 7,817,550 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:14 PM

My Fiancee Confessed She's HIV+ After I Proposed To Her. Please, Help - Romance (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Fiancee Confessed She's HIV+ After I Proposed To Her. Please, Help (94855 Views)

"Why I Proposed To My Girlfriend With N2 Million Dummy Cheque" - Nigerian Man / She's HIV Positive, How Do I Tell Her?? / I Proposed To A Lady The First Time I Saw Her And She Accepted On The Spot (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Fiancee Confessed She's HIV+ After I Proposed To Her. Please, Help by afroditte(f): 12:21am On Jun 20, 2016
avicky:

Yes, it is not a death sentence and we should not stigmatize. But do they tell them to inflict others without revealing their status? What makes her think the guy wouldn't marry her even with her status? Why the deception? If my eyes are not deceiving me, I think op said they had protected sex once.
I don't think anyone will crucify the lady in question. I'm not but I do not support her deceitful actions. It's very expensive. And is this what you call love.? What advice would you give your brother if he were in op's shoes
I agree she wasnt right in her management of the situation but atleast they were protected. That should show she wasn't totally heartless.

You can see for yourself the level of stigma attached to this thing. It can warp the carrier's mind and make them scared of revealing it because they know for sure that they would lose the partner.

Now the OP has said it, that he wants her for a wife but the HIV is the problem. If he were my brother, I would just ask him to think about it deeply, weigh the pros and cons. Whatever he chooses I would support.

HIV is not a problem for me.

1 Like

Re: My Fiancee Confessed She's HIV+ After I Proposed To Her. Please, Help by okekekelechib(m): 12:21am On Jun 20, 2016
My guy,u've to tell urself d truth 1st b4 u consider d doctor's advice.. Are u really ready 4 dt kind of relationship?

1 Like

Re: My Fiancee Confessed She's HIV+ After I Proposed To Her. Please, Help by SUPOL(m): 12:23am On Jun 20, 2016
avicky:

Au'revoir. It means good bye.
hmmm, very nice. Do u teach french?
Re: My Fiancee Confessed She's HIV+ After I Proposed To Her. Please, Help by ceaser: 12:24am On Jun 20, 2016
Iriruaga100:
Op, I hope u dnt give her a head during d protected sex u had with her? I just pray u never did.

He can still give head with minimal chances of getting infected so far he does not have mouth sores when carrying that out and most especially if the lady has veeeery low viral load.

However that is not to say he is free to do that everytime. You never say never in some things. grin

1 Like

Re: My Fiancee Confessed She's HIV+ After I Proposed To Her. Please, Help by ericuzor(m): 12:28am On Jun 20, 2016
Vickyydera:
Do you think she is worth ruining your life for?
I can't marry a HIV positive person,even if you like be an angel.
capisce!
from your comment i can sense that you are ignorant of the power of true love,my dear love conquers all it's a powerful force never underestimate it the man is in love and God works in mysterious ways and besides hiv is not a death sentence.. It's better to marry a good woman that loves me unconditional with hiv than marry a bad wife without hiv.. .
Re: My Fiancee Confessed She's HIV+ After I Proposed To Her. Please, Help by avicky(f): 12:28am On Jun 20, 2016
afroditte:
I agree she wasnt right in her management of the situation but atleast they were protected. That should show she wasn't totally heartless.

You can see for yourself the level of stigma attached to this thing. It can warp the carrier's mind and make them scared of revealing it because they know for sure that they would lose the partner.

Now the OP has said it, that he wants her for a wife but the HIV is the problem. If he were my brother, I would just ask him to think about it deeply, weigh the pros and cons. Whatever he chooses I would support.

Well said. Since he has asked for our opinions, let him sieve through, pray and ours is to support his decision.

But no matter what his reactions would have been, she shouldn't have kept it away from him this long. What if the op doesn't like using protection, would she have opened up so he can see reason to?

1 Like

Re: My Fiancee Confessed She's HIV+ After I Proposed To Her. Please, Help by avicky(f): 12:29am On Jun 20, 2016
SUPOL:
hmmm, very nice. Do u teach french?
Nope.
Re: My Fiancee Confessed She's HIV+ After I Proposed To Her. Please, Help by avicky(f): 12:31am On Jun 20, 2016
ceaser:

He can still give head with minimal chances of getting infected so far he does not have mouth sores when carrying that out and most especially if the lady has veeeery low viral load.

However that is not to say he is free to do that everytime. You never say never in some things. grin
Ewwwwwww.
Re: My Fiancee Confessed She's HIV+ After I Proposed To Her. Please, Help by SUPOL(m): 12:31am On Jun 20, 2016
avicky:

Nope.
ok, ur Gud in teaching
Re: My Fiancee Confessed She's HIV+ After I Proposed To Her. Please, Help by avicky(f): 12:32am On Jun 20, 2016
SUPOL:
ok, ur Gud in teaching
Thanks.
Re: My Fiancee Confessed She's HIV+ After I Proposed To Her. Please, Help by Nobody: 12:32am On Jun 20, 2016
afroditte:

The irony is that if OPs fiancée got on treatment she has a high probability of out living most "healthy" Nigerians.
Re: My Fiancee Confessed She's HIV+ After I Proposed To Her. Please, Help by SUPOL(m): 12:33am On Jun 20, 2016
avicky:

Thanks.
u welcome dear
Re: My Fiancee Confessed She's HIV+ After I Proposed To Her. Please, Help by phineboy1pimple(m): 12:34am On Jun 20, 2016
ladyF:
All of you saying she should have told him, you think it's easy abi? Some people would just prefer to keep their issues to themselves. Does she have to go around telling everyone she dates she is HIV positive, considering they are only dating. If they have a bitter break up now, the guy will go and start broadcasting her status upandan. I do not blame the lady, she did what's best for her. If he can't handle it, lover boy can take a walk. angry

Say NO to HIV stigmatisation, you guys here are even part of the problem sef.

Your perception of how issues are to be handled is awfully wrong..... It's not right to Stigmatize and neither is it right in anyway whatsoever to keep a health issue as a secret in Long a Term Relationship.....
Re: My Fiancee Confessed She's HIV+ After I Proposed To Her. Please, Help by Nobody: 12:38am On Jun 20, 2016
histemple:
For those of you asking if he had unprotected s3x with her, he could have unprotected s3x without contracting the virus.
A man contracting the HIV from a lady is very slim except there are cracks. But a lady contracts it immediately a male carrier ejaculates in her, no matter the quantity of fluid.

Back to your concern OP. You may have to be sure that she isn't pulling your legs to watch your reaction. She may possibly be trying to gauge how you will tolerate or discriminate against disability.

You write well and many may take your word for it without doing their own research.

On the bolded, you're fantastically incorrect.

Please do some more research.
Re: My Fiancee Confessed She's HIV+ After I Proposed To Her. Please, Help by Trust77: 12:38am On Jun 20, 2016
Something most surely kill a man.... Nothing do you dude, have fun
Re: My Fiancee Confessed She's HIV+ After I Proposed To Her. Please, Help by enigmaticlion: 12:40am On Jun 20, 2016
Gasout:
Yes, we had sex just once and it was protected
God save your life for using condom o. God can heal her if you both have faith.
Re: My Fiancee Confessed She's HIV+ After I Proposed To Her. Please, Help by Nobody: 12:41am On Jun 20, 2016
ladyF:
All of you saying she should have told him, you think it's easy abi? Some people would just prefer to keep their issues to themselves. Does she have to go around telling everyone she dates she is HIV positive, considering they are only dating. If they have a bitter break up now, the guy will go and start broadcasting her status upandan. I do not blame the lady, she did what's best for her. If he can't handle it, lover boy can take a walk. angry

That's the stigmatization vicious cycle at play.

Carrier won't divulge for fear of stigma and partners may stigmatize.

It's a crazy world out there.
Re: My Fiancee Confessed She's HIV+ After I Proposed To Her. Please, Help by Nobody: 12:42am On Jun 20, 2016
Gasout:
Yes, we had sex just once and it was protected

You had sex once and she didn't tell you then or before the sex. That's bad of her. Na real bad bad gal.
Re: My Fiancee Confessed She's HIV+ After I Proposed To Her. Please, Help by Nobody: 12:46am On Jun 20, 2016
histemple:

I didn't say they can't contract the virus through s3x, what I said was that chances for female to male transmission is SLIMMER than male to female. In s3x, the female is the receptor while the male is the depositor.
The virus is infectious and not contagious. It can't be transmitted via physical contact. It is mostly via blood.

Besides, s3x is just one of the many possibilities of contracting the virus, and that explains why we have a lot of virgin carriers of the dreaded virus.

This is what you said, and it is incorrect and you're misinforming folks.

Admit you're wrong and post a link for folks to go and do their own research. You're simply adding to the fear of stigma that placed op in this predicament.

histemple:
But a lady contracts it immediately a male carrier ejaculates in her, no matter the quantity of fluid.
Re: My Fiancee Confessed She's HIV+ After I Proposed To Her. Please, Help by Iseoluwani: 12:50am On Jun 20, 2016
Gasout:
Good evening members in the house. I purposely brought this topic to this section (family) cos I blive i'll have a mature responses and contributions.

I'll try to be brief as possible.
I met this lady 2014 but we started dating November last year. It took her a whole year for her to accept dating me.

But then, she told me that, there is something she will tell any man who desire to marry her bt, depend on the level of seriousness of the man.

Then, I took what she planned telling her hubby to be as nothing serious nt until d relationship began to wax stronger. After being in the relationship for a while, I discovered she posses virtually all d qualities I desire in a lady and wouldn't mind spending the rest of my life with her.

I tried to make her tell me what she has in mind that she plan to tell her hubby to be, she refused. At this stage, our both parents re aware of our relationship and we planned to have our INTRO this June.

I proposed to her last week, she accepted and busted to tears. Initially, I thought it was a tears of joy, nt knowing it was something entirely different from my thought.

I took her home with different feelings within me since she couldn't stop crying. When we got to their house b4 she alighted, she hold my hands and told me me 'she's HIV positive'

I was startled for minutes. She said I should think about it if I still want the relationship.

I have make enquiries from Doctors if both of us can marry and He said yes Bt the am nt still convince. Please, Nairalanders, I need ur sincere advice on this issue...

Dos u ask God if she was meant for u. Youths now believe they can make marital choice without involving God. Now they cant query God.

Never too late. Go back to God n seek His counsel.
Re: My Fiancee Confessed She's HIV+ After I Proposed To Her. Please, Help by Ele0: 12:51am On Jun 20, 2016
good day people... I'm a new member here please and I need to speak with one of this site's admin.... I don't know any of them..if any one can introduce me to them

I'll be so grateful...
thanks in advnce
Re: My Fiancee Confessed She's HIV+ After I Proposed To Her. Please, Help by phineboy1pimple(m): 12:52am On Jun 20, 2016
Bro!!! The simple advise I'll give you is this.... know that ANY RELATIONSHIP WITHOUT TRUST OR BUILT ON DECEPTION will never last and Can't stand the Test of Time.....

Regardless of her Status.... The Fact that she kept it a Secret from you the Moment things got serious is a debilitating and Irrational move by her....

YOU CAN NEVER WHOLLY TRUST HER again...

1 Like

Re: My Fiancee Confessed She's HIV+ After I Proposed To Her. Please, Help by emekajerry: 12:56am On Jun 20, 2016
eyinjuege:

Pls do not misinform people.

The HIV clinic is filled with both men and women, young and old. Boys n girls that are 18years, 20s inclusive, men and women in their 60s are also not left out.
come bro d guy above u is very correct mind u he said a slim change not no chance....op u alone nos wot u truly want she had told u had secret n fears is left to u to make a choice u won't regret in a long run buh if u ask me I ll advise u marry her after praying over it
Re: My Fiancee Confessed She's HIV+ After I Proposed To Her. Please, Help by IYANGBALI: 1:00am On Jun 20, 2016
Which kind yeye love be dat?abeg come nairaland come pick wife jo

1 Like

Re: My Fiancee Confessed She's HIV+ After I Proposed To Her. Please, Help by gidjah(m): 1:02am On Jun 20, 2016
histemple:

You are pretty correct doctor,some of us know this too,just that"keeping it out of the public"because of abuse!.
I didn't say they can't contract the virus through s3x, what I said was that chances for female to male transmission is SLIMMER than male to female. In s3x, the female is the receptor while the male is the depositor.
The virus is infectious and not contagious. It can't be transmitted via physical contact. It is mostly via blood.

Besides, s3x is just one of the many possibilities of contracting the virus, and that explains why we have a lot of virgin carriers of the dreaded virus.
Re: My Fiancee Confessed She's HIV+ After I Proposed To Her. Please, Help by histemple: 1:03am On Jun 20, 2016
EgunMogaji:

This is what you said, and it is incorrect and you're misinforming folks.

Admit you're wrong and post a link for folks to go and do their own research. You're simply adding to the fear of stigma that placed op in this predicament.

You are apparently asking me to indicate a link so that people can go and read a report submitted by another human being but it's difficult for you to assimilate my researched submission.

You can quote me anywhere that I said it is easier for a lady to contract the virus from a male carrier than it is for a male to contract it from a female carrier.

In all my experiences, I have seen couples whose husbands were negative but the wife were positive. But I am yet to see a male carrier whose wife is negative.

Talking about heightening the OP's fears, I am still wondering where you got that from my submission----considering that the OP is a male.

Nevertheless, you can educate the house, and I believe they will be grateful, instead of engaging me in a needless argument.
Re: My Fiancee Confessed She's HIV+ After I Proposed To Her. Please, Help by Fanirandele: 1:12am On Jun 20, 2016
ladyF:

that's the truth the deception is bad but looking at it from her side, if she went around telling everyone she starts dating that that she's HIV positive you can bet they would have kept on breaking up with her and going ahead to tell everyone. by now the whole Country would know, so its easy to judge when you are not the one. but she should have told you once things got serious
Re: My Fiancee Confessed She's HIV+ After I Proposed To Her. Please, Help by Nobody: 1:13am On Jun 20, 2016
histemple:

You are apparently asking me to indicate a link so that people can go and read a report submitted by another human being but it's difficult for you to assimilate my researched submission.

It's acceptable to people to believe research that was conducted by seasoned researchers in seasoned healthcare organization than folks on the internet that passes of unproven data. Since you seemingly are not open to sharing the source of your obtuse data then I am forced to submit data that proves your frankly immature submissions as wrong. I was hoping that you would rise to the occasion and do the right thing.

You can quote me anywhere that I said it is easier for a lady to contract the virus from a male carrier than it is for a male to contract it from a female carrier.

Here is your quote that you requested and I wasn't the only one that called you out on your personal views that you are passing off as golden rules. Where is the research that back up this quote?

histemple post=46704824:
For those of you asking if he had unprotected s3x with her, he could have unprotected s3x without contracting the virus.

A man contracting the HIV from a lady is very slim except there are cracks. But a lady contracts it immediately a male carrier ejaculates in her, no matter the quantity of fluid.

Back to your concern OP. You may have to be sure that she isn't pulling your legs to watch your reaction. She may possibly be trying to gauge how you will tolerate or discriminate against disability.

In all my experiences, I have seen couples whose husbands were negative but the wife were positive. But I am yet to see a male carrier whose wife is negative.

It's okay to share personal experience but you can't use that to make wild generalizations such as the one you made.

Talking about heightening the OP's fears, I am still wondering where you got that from my submission----considering that the OP is a male.

Nevertheless, you can educate the house instead of engaging me in an argument.

I have no interest in engaging you in an argument, no interest. I have no interest in educating the house. They have access to the internet and have access to who.int and can do their own research. However, if you insist on passing off wrong information then I will call you out on it as others have, guaranteed.

Response embedded in original post.
Re: My Fiancee Confessed She's HIV+ After I Proposed To Her. Please, Help by Niyinficient(m): 1:14am On Jun 20, 2016
i still cant comprehend this 'fable'....with due respect to people with HIV/AiDs...u ar a big fool if u marry that babe (dats if ur story is even true) why didn't she tell u before the nacking? Wat if d thing has enter ur head during pre-intimacy and u did it without d latex? Such girl that can keep such secret till ur relationship got to this level is definitely a killer! Run!! N.igga run!

1 Like

Re: My Fiancee Confessed She's HIV+ After I Proposed To Her. Please, Help by noble71(m): 1:18am On Jun 20, 2016
OP as for me I will run away! this is not matter of love bro. shine your eyes no be today talk ooo!

1 Like

Re: My Fiancee Confessed She's HIV+ After I Proposed To Her. Please, Help by macminista(m): 1:24am On Jun 20, 2016
wtf u talking about? Which kan yeye love? She obviouly led u on to this point knowing it would b hard to call it quits..how heartless can some ladies be..what if u had contracted it? Knowing condom is only 99.9 % safe..u ain't suppose to be hear talking about this, she doesnt love u, if she does, she would have told u when u guy started dating and allow u to make the decision of discontinuing with the relationship or not.GUY just thank GOD u just got a SECOND chance better drop her..if its in yankee here she go go jail..Recieve Sense! ijn

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (17) (Reply)

Guys, Stop Searching For The Perfect woman... See This (picture) / Eudoxie Yao Joins Twerking Gang. Fans Go Gaga / I Tested My Girlfriend And She Failed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.