Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,301 members, 7,836,311 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:25 AM

My Fiancee Confessed She's HIV+ After I Proposed To Her. Please, Help - Romance (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Fiancee Confessed She's HIV+ After I Proposed To Her. Please, Help (94926 Views)

"Why I Proposed To My Girlfriend With N2 Million Dummy Cheque" - Nigerian Man / She's HIV Positive, How Do I Tell Her?? / I Proposed To A Lady The First Time I Saw Her And She Accepted On The Spot (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Fiancee Confessed She's HIV+ After I Proposed To Her. Please, Help by Dharnchuks(m): 11:11pm On Jun 19, 2016
Its not easy living with the stigma associated with HIV/AIDs. As to her not telling him? Though its wrong but if she tells every guy who comes her way, they'll most likely disappear before she's even done saying it.
I will suggest u get adequate medical advice from a medical practitioner because it's not just u two involved but your future kids a swell.
Re: My Fiancee Confessed She's HIV+ After I Proposed To Her. Please, Help by Dollaz: 11:11pm On Jun 19, 2016
My brother run for ur life.

1 Like

Re: My Fiancee Confessed She's HIV+ After I Proposed To Her. Please, Help by hadaydoyin(m): 11:12pm On Jun 19, 2016
flokii:

grin grin

Like O.Y.O right?
exactly
Re: My Fiancee Confessed She's HIV+ After I Proposed To Her. Please, Help by Youngetskilz23(m): 11:12pm On Jun 19, 2016
jesus christ. dude back out as fast as you can. life is too short. what the Bleep. aids? like what tha Bleep. go for a test. your very lucky.
Re: My Fiancee Confessed She's HIV+ After I Proposed To Her. Please, Help by duality(m): 11:12pm On Jun 19, 2016
The @op, wouldn't have been worried with HIV test if he didn't fornicate... Fact!

1 John 5:3 (KJV) For this is the love of God, that we keep his commandments: and his commandments are not grievous.

This portion of the Bible is instructive. Yet many don't want to take it to heart.

Did your pastor not at least lead you to repentance?.. Plz I'd like to know your pastor and his church.

Also of she told you she had HIV, would you still have sex with her?

Again, people must understand that marriage is about destiny and not about qualities.

May God give you the wisdom to make the right decision.
Re: My Fiancee Confessed She's HIV+ After I Proposed To Her. Please, Help by Liverpoolfc(m): 11:12pm On Jun 19, 2016
IN AGC, SUCH WEDDING CANNOT HOLD. IT IS SUICIDAL BRO. IF I TELL YOU I AM POSITIVE AND YOU AGREE TO MARRY ME EVEN THOUGH I AM NOT, I WILL NO LONGER MARRY YOU COS I WANT TOMARRY SM1 WITH A CLEAR HEAD.
Re: My Fiancee Confessed She's HIV+ After I Proposed To Her. Please, Help by son4century(m): 11:12pm On Jun 19, 2016
Subom1:
grin grin you have been watching way too many Bollywood movies
Hahaha... Am just being logical

@least, there will be no fear of him coming down with hiv

No panic over the unborn generation

No secrets to keep

No extra carefulness in doing things

Won't be a good patroniser of condom

#benefitlistunending
Re: My Fiancee Confessed She's HIV+ After I Proposed To Her. Please, Help by IAMMRTWHYTE(m): 11:12pm On Jun 19, 2016
If you truly love her u can marry her. HIV shouldn't stop u from being with the one you love. it's a tough decision though.
Re: My Fiancee Confessed She's HIV+ After I Proposed To Her. Please, Help by SUPOL(m): 11:13pm On Jun 19, 2016
nasha1:
That girl is evil, very evil.
there is nothing 4 u to contemplate other dan walking away. If u have a contagious terminal disease,u need 2 let the person u are in a sexual relationship with know immediately.It is not fair nd such a person can never be trusted.
My tot darl. How can u allow a guy have sex with u without letting him know ur status. I suspect she's from one state like dat... I no go mention d state but dey use to warn guys from marrying from dat state. And dia people are seen to be more poisonous dan snake.
Re: My Fiancee Confessed She's HIV+ After I Proposed To Her. Please, Help by bezimo(m): 11:13pm On Jun 19, 2016
Gasout:
Good evening members in the house. I purposely brought this topic to this section (family) cos I blive i'll have a mature responses and contributions.

I'll try to be brief as possible.
I met this lady 2014 but we started dating November last year. It took her a whole year for her to accept dating me.

But then, she told me that, there is something she will tell any man who desire to marry her bt, depend on the level of seriousness of the man.

Then, I took what she planned telling her hubby to be as nothing serious nt until d relationship began to wax stronger. After being in the relationship for a while, I discovered she posses virtually all d qualities I desire in a lady and wouldn't mind spending the rest of my life with her.

I tried to make her tell me what she has in mind that she plan to tell her hubby to be, she refused. At this stage, our both parents re aware of our relationship and we planned to have our INTRO this June.

I proposed to her last week, she accepted and busted to tears. Initially, I thought it was a tears of joy, nt knowing it was something entirely different from my thought.

I took her home with different feelings within me since she couldn't stop crying. When we got to their house b4 she alighted, she hold my hands and told me me 'she's HIV positive'

I was startled for minutes. She said I should think about it if I still want the relationship.

I have make enquiries from Doctors if both of us can marry and He said yes Bt the am nt still convince. Please, Nairalanders, I need ur sincere advice on this issue...

As it stands now. Devine intervention is the only option as you would have to believe God for her to become HIV negative.

There are many true churches of God in the land where the healing rivers that cometh from above is flowing freely.Jesus is more than enough to solve the challenge. I have heard too many testimonies of SS turning to AA and HIV positive becoming HIV negative by devine intervention. So its posible, but are you and her ready to take responsiblity and take her healing so you can continue with your marriage plans.

1 Like

Re: My Fiancee Confessed She's HIV+ After I Proposed To Her. Please, Help by ifypadua: 11:14pm On Jun 19, 2016
Engagement can also be disengaged when it has a fragile pillar... Guy, u can't escape being an HIV carrier. Ur unborn children re still there. Don't devastate d lives of innocent generatn.

Not telling u earliers means dat dere re many greavous secrets awaiting u

Shine ur eyes bro... Its ur choice
Re: My Fiancee Confessed She's HIV+ After I Proposed To Her. Please, Help by Student125(m): 11:14pm On Jun 19, 2016
I have read lots of funny comments here and I wonder if anyone put there self in this girl's position for a second...fine, d girl messed up with d guy for nt spitting it out on time bt she suggested for condom wen d guy wanted to sex her, an act which may be crimial too for even allowing d sex in d frst instance bt I want u all to knw if she decided to keep mute with her status and dey had unprotected sex several times bfre dey went for d Hiv test and dey were both positive, nobody will knw who infected d other bt u shld respect ds lady for keeping u safe uptil now. some people said she shld hav informed d guy bfre dey get serious bt I won't blame her for that, testing positive to Hiv is not a news u just tel pple like that cuz of d stigmatization and u might b feeling that the person u 're telling will tel another person. Any time u walk on the street and u see pple steeing at u, u think maybe they already know. Op, my advice, stick to her, if u cant continue wit d sex part u can get her Love Machine and go ahead to marry another girl that wil satisfy ur urge..mind u we all wish to live long bt pple die everyday, wether hiv or other death, we don't knw who dies next....best of luck bro

2 Likes

Re: My Fiancee Confessed She's HIV+ After I Proposed To Her. Please, Help by hardbody: 11:14pm On Jun 19, 2016
Gasout:

Ofcourse, is nt something I can share with anyone.

Yeah, except NL
Re: My Fiancee Confessed She's HIV+ After I Proposed To Her. Please, Help by NICOGRAVITY: 11:15pm On Jun 19, 2016
[quote author=Gasout post=46704436] Yes, we had sex just once and it was protected[/quot

Do you really love this lady? In my honest opinion, she deserves your praise and protections. She has told you the truth and nothing but the truth. Hold her in high esteem. She made sure you were protected from the disease. I know a lot of couples of which one of them is hiv positive they have children and are a very happy family. Malaria kills faster than hiv. Please, kindly treat this matter with utmost care and respect and dignity to her. The way you handle this matter can make or destroy her self esteem, self worth, confidence and her ability to love again. Please, kindly treat her with utmost love and respect.
I humbly encourage you to pray and fast earnestly. Hear from GOD before you make your final decision. God bless you greatly in Jesus name amen.

3 Likes

Re: My Fiancee Confessed She's HIV+ After I Proposed To Her. Please, Help by avicky(f): 11:15pm On Jun 19, 2016
EfemenaXY:
@op. Harsh as it may sound, do your sanity a favour by taking a walk away from that relationship and don't look back.

She's given you the option to go, you've had a chat with the medical practitioners and yet you aren't fully convinced. Why? Because deep down within you, you know it's the right thing for you to do.

Save both yourselves further grief and just end it. You'll get over her with time. Meanwhile, there are other girls out there to pick a wife from.

Imagine? The relationship was even built on DECEIT. And op is asking for advice when reality is staring you at the face. You even had protected sex just once. That girl can kill. Just walk away and never look back. In three months time, go for another test and if the test is negative, go do thanksgiving.

1 Like

Re: My Fiancee Confessed She's HIV+ After I Proposed To Her. Please, Help by Lexusgs430: 11:15pm On Jun 19, 2016
Gasout:
Good evening members in the house. I purposely brought this topic to this section (family) cos I blive i'll have a mature responses and contributions.

I'll try to be brief as possible.
I met this lady 2014 but we started dating November last year. It took her a whole year for her to accept dating me.

But then, she told me that, there is something she will tell any man who desire to marry her bt, depend on the level of seriousness of the man.

Then, I took what she planned telling her hubby to be as nothing serious nt until d relationship began to wax stronger. After being in the relationship for a while, I discovered she posses virtually all d qualities I desire in a lady and wouldn't mind spending the rest of my life with her.

I tried to make her tell me what she has in mind that she plan to tell her hubby to be, she refused. At this stage, our both parents re aware of our relationship and we planned to have our INTRO this June.

I proposed to her last week, she accepted and busted to tears. Initially, I thought it was a tears of joy, nt knowing it was something entirely different from my thought.

I took her home with different feelings within me since she couldn't stop crying. When we got to their house b4 she alighted, she hold my hands and told me me 'she's HIV positive'

I was startled for minutes. She said I should think about it if I still want the relationship.

I have make enquiries from Doctors if both of us can marry and He said yes Bt the am nt still convince. Please, Nairalanders, I need ur sincere advice on this issue...

she kept such a healthy secret(sorry meant health secret), till you proposed ? Have you been having protected sex, unprotected sex or no sex at all, during your relationship ?
Re: My Fiancee Confessed She's HIV+ After I Proposed To Her. Please, Help by Olabestonic001(m): 11:15pm On Jun 19, 2016
Gasout:

Honestly, she did! And when I I inquired, she said because of pregnancy

I sensed she's manipulative.
Ensure you're very committed to her and later break the news. In the throes of emotions, you become confused and have no other option but to surrender to her game. She's an A-class manipulator.
Even if I am to marry such a woman tomorrow, I'll break it and deal with the shame. Better-stll, when the parents inquire,I'll bare it all. Manipulation is one thing a man must never take from any woman. The day you see that in a woman, forget love and run away.

2 Likes

Re: My Fiancee Confessed She's HIV+ After I Proposed To Her. Please, Help by SUPOL(m): 11:15pm On Jun 19, 2016
IAMMRTWHYTE:
If you truly love her u can marry her. HIV shouldn't stop u from being with the one you love. it's a tough decision though.
First ask ursef if ur in his shoes will u marry b4 u come here n type trash. I guess ur dat babe type

1 Like

Re: My Fiancee Confessed She's HIV+ After I Proposed To Her. Please, Help by queenfav(f): 11:16pm On Jun 19, 2016
UjSizzle:
Here's my take:

In a relationship everyone has a deal breaker. If you have undisclosed material information-- and I mean information about yourself that will significantly affect the other person's decision to be (or not) with you that has been deliberately withheld even when it's obvious that all signs point towards a certain end (eg marriage), then you are a liar and the worst kind of deceiver out there.
It's simple. If your reason for holding back is as a result of your fear of losing said person, then you are a bigger liar.
Even with the possibility of this being a 'test', it's still an inconsiderate way of testing a man's loyalty.

That said, if the OP isn't interested in going ahead with the marriage, he is fully justified to call it off.
Gbam!You have said it all.Case is hereby dismissed.
Re: My Fiancee Confessed She's HIV+ After I Proposed To Her. Please, Help by badonkadonk: 11:16pm On Jun 19, 2016
sweetcocoa:
Someone who perfectly gets it.

Na that cry part pain me pass I swear. angry

Just what was she crying for? To manipulate him the more ofcourse.

I'm surprised the OP is even asking the wrong questions.

I expect to hear questions like "how do I refrain from committing murder"

I really wonder why he's not angry.

Well, I guess, manipulators do know how to choose their victims.

Honestly.. Op! Should just do the needful...

Cos that babe Go just dey turn up with her waterworks like say tomoro no dey..

1 Like

Re: My Fiancee Confessed She's HIV+ After I Proposed To Her. Please, Help by DonBobes(m): 11:16pm On Jun 19, 2016
histemple:
For those of you asking if he had unprotected s3x with her, he could have unprotected s3x without contracting the virus.
A man contracting the HIV from a lady is very slim except there are cracks. But a lady contracts it immediately a male carrier ejaculates in her, no matter the quantity of fluid.

Back to your concern OP. You may have to be sure that she isn't pulling your legs to watch your reaction. She may possibly be trying to gauge how you will tolerate or discriminate against disability.

You are right!
Re: My Fiancee Confessed She's HIV+ After I Proposed To Her. Please, Help by Airoflaw(m): 11:16pm On Jun 19, 2016
Gasout:
Yes, we had sex just once and it was protected
she can't be trusted for allowing you have sex with her without letting you know before now...she is capable of killing bro.thank you Neva marry na propose

1 Like

Re: My Fiancee Confessed She's HIV+ After I Proposed To Her. Please, Help by SUPOL(m): 11:18pm On Jun 19, 2016
Olabestonic001:

I sensed she's manipulative.
Ensure you're very committed to her and later break the news. In the throes of emotions, you become confused and have no other option but to surrender to her game. She's an A-class manipulator.
Even if I am to marry such a woman tomorrow, I'll break it and deal with the shame. Better-stll, when the parents inquire,I'll bare it all. Manipulation is one thing a man must never take from any woman. The day you see that in a woman, forget love and run away.
she's been good to d guy because she knows she's handicapped. So just trash all her goodness

1 Like

Re: My Fiancee Confessed She's HIV+ After I Proposed To Her. Please, Help by Boldstar(m): 11:18pm On Jun 19, 2016
You can marry her, be HIV free and have Children that will be HIV free. I know a particular couple like that.

Also, having HIV is enough sorrow for her. If you truly love her, make her happy by not back tracking on your proposal. You can marry her, have regular sex, have children and be HIV negative. Very possible.
Re: My Fiancee Confessed She's HIV+ After I Proposed To Her. Please, Help by macaranta(m): 11:18pm On Jun 19, 2016
If this isn't a joke or some type.of prank then your fiancée did wrong.

Visit [url]macaranta.com[/url]
Re: My Fiancee Confessed She's HIV+ After I Proposed To Her. Please, Help by DonBobes(m): 11:19pm On Jun 19, 2016
histemple:

I didn't say they can't contract the virus through s3x, what I said was that chances for female to male transmission is SLIMMER than male to female. In s3x, the female is the receptor while the male is the depositor.
The virus is infectious and not contagious. It can't be transmitted via physical contact. It is mostly via blood.

Besides, s3x is just one of the many possibilities of contracting the virus, and that explains why we have a lot of virgin carriers of the dreaded virus.
Nice write up der!
Re: My Fiancee Confessed She's HIV+ After I Proposed To Her. Please, Help by Nobody: 11:20pm On Jun 19, 2016
fadjnr:

Oga what are you saying nao. The chances of a male contracting the virus during unprotected sex is equal to that of the female because there's definitely going to be exchange of body fluids

You are totally WRONG! histemple is absolutely right! And please....don't try to argue with me. I have worked with the Institute of Human Virology Nigeria (IHVN) before.
Re: My Fiancee Confessed She's HIV+ After I Proposed To Her. Please, Help by doubleexplorer: 11:22pm On Jun 19, 2016
Love conquers all. Conquer this too.

Go ahead and marry another woman.
Re: My Fiancee Confessed She's HIV+ After I Proposed To Her. Please, Help by Seyefunmi231(m): 11:22pm On Jun 19, 2016
Aja 4. Gbera
Re: My Fiancee Confessed She's HIV+ After I Proposed To Her. Please, Help by TS2(m): 11:22pm On Jun 19, 2016
fadjnr:

Oga what are you saying nao. The chances of a male contracting the virus during unprotected sex is equal to that of the female because there's definitely going to be exchange of body fluids

It is slimmer. Accept knowledge. We learn daily.
Re: My Fiancee Confessed She's HIV+ After I Proposed To Her. Please, Help by AuroraB(f): 11:22pm On Jun 19, 2016
Gasout:

Honestly, she did! And when I I inquired, she said because of pregnancy
*clearsthroat* sad
I have no comment shocked lipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: My Fiancee Confessed She's HIV+ After I Proposed To Her. Please, Help by Olabestonic001(m): 11:24pm On Jun 19, 2016
[quote author=NICOGRAVITY post=46733372][/quote]

So, its about her self-worth, self-esteem and all about her. What about the marriage about to be built on gross manipulation? What about deceit and such.
Let's just state it here; she's manipulative and only ensured she boxed to a corner before showing her case. If op marry that girl, they'll have a lot of pains that all of us here will pity them on.
True love is pure. Any time someone tries to use deceit or manipulation in marriage, I always advice the other part to RUN! I've seen people marry people with terminal diseases, but the spouse always knew way ahead. A woman that can do that to the op will not hesitate to kill him on the day she wishes to.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

How To Know A Virgin Guy / Guys, Stop Searching For The Perfect woman... See This (picture) / Faint Dance: Janemena Causes Traffic, Twerks On Major Road (pix,video

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.