Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,001 members, 7,821,509 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:05 PM

My Fiancee Confessed She's HIV+ After I Proposed To Her. Please, Help - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Fiancee Confessed She's HIV+ After I Proposed To Her. Please, Help (94873 Views)

"Why I Proposed To My Girlfriend With N2 Million Dummy Cheque" - Nigerian Man / She's HIV Positive, How Do I Tell Her?? / I Proposed To A Lady The First Time I Saw Her And She Accepted On The Spot (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Fiancee Confessed She's HIV+ After I Proposed To Her. Please, Help by Zedoo(m): 10:11pm On Jun 19, 2016
She has no right to drag you down this lane!
What kind of lady does that?
It means she wasn't even prepared to love anyone (doesn't even love you) hence "whoever" comes along and loves her with her status is the "right man". What kind of love testing is that? Under normal circumstances she would hav resisted sex frm you because there was a "slim" chance you could've gotten hiv. While its no big deal to marry a hiv positive woman, when she puts you on suspense this long only to tell you now, she is an untrustworthy person I am sorry to say....so if you say you no dey marry again now you go be bad person....when In reality it will be very easy for her to jst move on with her life and look for the next "husband that will accept her as she is ONLY after proposing".
You don't put the cart before the horse oga, for someone to bait you with this kind of thing and not even say it when your love was waxing stronger (in your own head o) means genuine feelings are not involved on her part. Two good years? Somebody with real feelings would have said something earlier because she too will feel bad to hurt you...but no not this one.... Oga my advice, leave that gurl, NOT because she is hiv positive but because she has no true feelings....

No matter how much doctors tell you the emotional trauma of this shocking knowledge will far outlast the physical fact that she has hiv. Think properly. People may say I am harsh in my judgement, but its just what I think. No need to beat around the bush.... Only God knows what else she is "waiting" to tell you on your wedding night or after 5years of marriage....

15 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Fiancee Confessed She's HIV+ After I Proposed To Her. Please, Help by Nobody: 10:12pm On Jun 19, 2016
Gasout:
Good evening members in the house. I purposely brought this topic to this section (family) cos I blive i'll have a mature responses and contributions.

I'll try to be brief as possible.
I met this lady 2014 but we started dating November last year. It took her a whole year for her to accept dating me.

But then, she told me that, there is something she will tell any man who desire to marry her bt, depend on the level of seriousness of the man.

Then, I took what she planned telling her hubby to be as nothing serious nt until d relationship began to wax stronger. After being in the relationship for a while, I discovered she posses virtually all d qualities I desire in a lady and wouldn't mind spending the rest of my life with her.

I tried to make her tell me what she has in mind that she plan to tell her hubby to be, she refused. At this stage, our both parents re aware of our relationship and we planned to have our INTRO this June.

I proposed to her last week, she accepted and busted to tears. Initially, I thought it was a tears of joy, nt knowing it was something entirely different from my thought.

I took her home with different feelings within me since she couldn't stop crying. When we got to their house b4 she alighted, she hold my hands and told me me 'she's HIV positive'

I was startled for minutes. She said I should think about it if I still want the relationship.

I have make enquiries from Doctors if both of us can marry and He said yes Bt the am nt still convince. Please, Nairalanders, I need ur sincere advice on this issue...

NO AND NO AGAIN !!! DON'T MARRY HER

Why do you want to carry another person's problem and put on your head ehn !!!

isn't this economy not enough problem for you already ?

Call her family and tell them you changed your mind. Period.

If you were a female and She's a Male, I would have said the same thing. So no hard feelings here.

6 Likes

Re: My Fiancee Confessed She's HIV+ After I Proposed To Her. Please, Help by Pepperdino(m): 10:12pm On Jun 19, 2016
Guy d earlier d better find ur level,i hope ur not positive too oooo#case close

1 Like

Re: My Fiancee Confessed She's HIV+ After I Proposed To Her. Please, Help by ronald4lif(m): 10:12pm On Jun 19, 2016
Have you gbenshed her raw yet? Go for test if yes my brother. Nsogbu di.

1 Like

Re: My Fiancee Confessed She's HIV+ After I Proposed To Her. Please, Help by BetterChurch: 10:12pm On Jun 19, 2016
The law of Love is greater than the law of karma. How great is your love for her? Ask God to guide you. Watch your dreams for Insights.

1 Like

Re: My Fiancee Confessed She's HIV+ After I Proposed To Her. Please, Help by mayoorex: 10:13pm On Jun 19, 2016
You never ask for advice before start dating. My advise follow your mind. Trials are meant for the great minds.
Re: My Fiancee Confessed She's HIV+ After I Proposed To Her. Please, Help by frisky2good(m): 10:13pm On Jun 19, 2016
She might just be pulling your legs. First take her for HIV test then come back and I will tell you what to do if you still don't know what to do.

Gasout:
Good evening members in the house. I purposely brought this topic to this section (family) cos I blive i'll have a mature responses and contributions.

I met this lady 2014 but we started dating November last year. It took her a whole year for her to accept dating me.

But then, she told me that, there is something she will tell any man who desire to marry her bt, depend on the level of seriousness of the man.

Then, I took what she planned telling her hubby to be as nothing serious nt until d relationship began to wax stronger. After being in the relationship for a while, I discovered she posses virtually all d qualities I desire in a lady and wouldn't mind spending the rest of my life with her.

I tried to make her tell me what she has in mind that she plan to tell her hubby to be, she refused. At this stage, our both parents re aware of our relationship and we planned to have our INTRO this June.

I proposed to her last week, she accepted and busted to tears. Initially, I thought it was a tears of joy, nt knowing it was something entirely different from my thought.

I took her home with different feelings within me since she couldn't stop crying. When we got to their house b4 she alighted, she hold my hands and told me me 'she's HIV positive'

I was startled for minutes. She said I should think about it if I still want the relationship.

I have make enquiries from Doctors if both of us can marry and He said yes Bt the am nt still convince. Please, Nairalanders, I need ur sincere advice on this issue...

Re: My Fiancee Confessed She's HIV+ After I Proposed To Her. Please, Help by babadee1(m): 10:14pm On Jun 19, 2016
Bro pls marry her without fear. There are hundreds of thousands of couples all over the world where one partner is HIV positive and they are happily married. Google "serodiscordant couples" to learn more.
You have to make up your mind that you truly love her and you will always support her. Just know that she will have to be on her medications for life and you will have to use protection always except under a doctor's direction when you want to have children.
Apart from that there's nothing to worry about. She will live a normal life span and you're unlikely to ever get infected as long as you guys are careful.

4 Likes

Re: My Fiancee Confessed She's HIV+ After I Proposed To Her. Please, Help by SirAweezy(m): 10:14pm On Jun 19, 2016
fadjnr:

Oga what are you saying nao. The chances of a male contracting the virus during unprotected sex is equal to that of the female because there's definitely going to be exchange of body fluids

I disagree! I did a field study(at Lasuth)x during my Journalism career on this, and the man you quoted was right.

1 Like

Re: My Fiancee Confessed She's HIV+ After I Proposed To Her. Please, Help by frugal(m): 10:14pm On Jun 19, 2016
nasha1:
That girl is evil, very evil.
there is nothing 4 u to contemplate other dan walking away. If u have a [b]contagious terminal disease,[/b]u need 2 let the person u are in a sexual relationship with know immediately.It is not fair nd such a person can never be trusted.

HIV is not a contagious terminal disease. Don't misinform people.

2 Likes

Re: My Fiancee Confessed She's HIV+ After I Proposed To Her. Please, Help by victorazy(m): 10:14pm On Jun 19, 2016
Gasout:
Yes, we had sex just once and it was protected

She is not wicked!

She can be cured by God only if she can make the journey.
Re: My Fiancee Confessed She's HIV+ After I Proposed To Her. Please, Help by arantess: 10:14pm On Jun 19, 2016
The op has 2choices....he can call off the engagement and move on. That's the simplest and easiest thing to do....or if he loves the woman more than his mother...he can go ahead and both of them can be on drugs(HAART for the woman and Prep for himself...most likely both will be same regimen)... Meanwhile make sure she starts her treatment ASAP..no time.cheers
Re: My Fiancee Confessed She's HIV+ After I Proposed To Her. Please, Help by Nobody: 10:15pm On Jun 19, 2016
Zedoo:
She has no right to drag you down this lane!

No matter how much doctors tell you the emotional trauma of this shocking knowledge will far outlast the physical fact that she has hiv. Think properly. People may say I am harsh in my judgement, but its just what I think. No need to beat around the bush.... Only God knows what else she is "waiting" to tell you on your wedding night or after 5years of marriage....

abi oh, after 5 years now, she will now tell you that her previous bf died of the same HIV.

1 Like

Re: My Fiancee Confessed She's HIV+ After I Proposed To Her. Please, Help by fortunechy(m): 10:15pm On Jun 19, 2016
google it my dear
Re: My Fiancee Confessed She's HIV+ After I Proposed To Her. Please, Help by youngest85(m): 10:16pm On Jun 19, 2016
Vickyydera:
Do you think she is worth ruining your life for?
I can't marry a HIV positive person,even if you like be an angel.
capisce!

Even if he's d heir of Bill Gate?
Re: My Fiancee Confessed She's HIV+ After I Proposed To Her. Please, Help by princetom1(m): 10:18pm On Jun 19, 2016
Gasout:

Honestly, she did! And when I I inquired, she said because of pregnancy
See guys, u had no idea what goes on in the head of the girl. If she wants the guy at all cost, she would have had sex unprotected. U asking y she wait this long? Am sure u don't want just anybody to know u are positive. The truth is, Op is confused, he loves the girl and am sure he is satisfied with what he has saw, quality wise. I mean, how many of u would wait to date a lady this long and had sex just once? Op just need to sit down and think of what he wants. But if u ask me, i can only advise u. U end up making the choice. But wait, u already made steps instead of running away, i guess u want this then. Am sure its not gonna be as hard as u think to raise a family with her

4 Likes

Re: My Fiancee Confessed She's HIV+ After I Proposed To Her. Please, Help by kingthreat(m): 10:19pm On Jun 19, 2016
eyinjuege:

Pls do not misinform people.

The HIV clinic is filled with both men and women, young and old. Boys n girls that are 18years, 20s inclusive, men and women in their 60s are also not left out.

If every unprotected sex have a hifh risk of HIV, half of the world's population will be positive by now

3 Likes

Re: My Fiancee Confessed She's HIV+ After I Proposed To Her. Please, Help by doughziay: 10:19pm On Jun 19, 2016
Have u cared to know how she contracted the disease?
Sexual contact or unsterilized objects
Re: My Fiancee Confessed She's HIV+ After I Proposed To Her. Please, Help by Princehojay(m): 10:19pm On Jun 19, 2016
I love coocked stories, this is exactly what Olamide Badoo called Story For The gods............

1 Like

Re: My Fiancee Confessed She's HIV+ After I Proposed To Her. Please, Help by spafu(m): 10:19pm On Jun 19, 2016
If you are doubting your doctor what will you do to me.

1 Like

Re: My Fiancee Confessed She's HIV+ After I Proposed To Her. Please, Help by Nobody: 10:19pm On Jun 19, 2016
histemple:
For those of you asking if he had unprotected s3x with her, he could have unprotected s3x without contracting the virus.
A man contracting the HIV from a lady is very slim except there are cracks. But a lady contracts it immediately a male carrier ejaculates in her, no matter the quantity of fluid.

Back to your concern OP. You may have to be sure that she isn't pulling your legs to watch your reaction. She may possibly be trying to gauge how you will tolerate or discriminate against disability.
Fake doctor!!!

2 Likes

Re: My Fiancee Confessed She's HIV+ After I Proposed To Her. Please, Help by Rushtec(m): 10:20pm On Jun 19, 2016
Gasout:
Yes sir and mine is negative. But, the Doctor asked me to come for another test next 3 month.
Note: we only had protected sex just once
To come for Anoda test in d next 3month....Dt mean u are
Re: My Fiancee Confessed She's HIV+ After I Proposed To Her. Please, Help by mickeymimi: 10:21pm On Jun 19, 2016
It is a good thing she told you...both of you should go for a test first.....before anything sad

1 Like

Re: My Fiancee Confessed She's HIV+ After I Proposed To Her. Please, Help by Nobody: 10:22pm On Jun 19, 2016
COME ALONG WITH HER TO THE LORDS CHOSEN HEADQUARTERS IN IJESHA, LAGOS. THE HIV WOULD RUN OUT FROM HER!! NA moi moi case be dt for THE LORDS CHOSEN!! I WOULD GLADLY MAKE MYSELF AVAILABLE FOR YOU BOTH IN CHURCH. SEND ME A MAIL. ifeanyichukwueze@yahoo.com
Re: My Fiancee Confessed She's HIV+ After I Proposed To Her. Please, Help by andyanders: 10:22pm On Jun 19, 2016
histemple:
For those of you asking if he had unprotected s3x with her, he could have unprotected s3x without contracting the virus.
A man contracting the HIV from a lady is very slim except there are cracks. But a lady contracts it immediately a male carrier ejaculates in her, no matter the quantity of fluid.

Back to your concern OP. You may have to be sure that she isn't pulling your legs to watch your reaction. She may possibly be trying to gauge how you will tolerate or discriminate against disability.

In fact you are a man. She could be pulling his legs. Op, what I suggest is for you to take her for a taste and if positive, take her to Synagogue Church of All Nations for healing and she will be ok.
Re: My Fiancee Confessed She's HIV+ After I Proposed To Her. Please, Help by Spain007(m): 10:22pm On Jun 19, 2016
histemple:

also i would advise you both run HIV test to be sure..,just as said above .she may be testing ur strength of love,endurance ,anger etc
LUCK
Re: My Fiancee Confessed She's HIV+ After I Proposed To Her. Please, Help by princetom1(m): 10:22pm On Jun 19, 2016
youngest85:

Even if he's d heir of Bill Gate?

Yeye dey smell, is easier said than done.

Na dem dey run after rich kids around, what does she even know, she only has her body, so, she cant appreciate a sister that has what's more than a body
Re: My Fiancee Confessed She's HIV+ After I Proposed To Her. Please, Help by luminous1(m): 10:23pm On Jun 19, 2016
She took you to a point of no return.

I have a similar issue, I.met this girl and we've been dating for q year and. I told her my intentions of wanting to settle with her. During the course, she'd always tell she will tell me something but on an incident where I was correcting her she told me that her sister she told me about is a retard whereas she told me earlier she is married. Then that her dad died 11 years ago. I felt for her but I'm thinking if I should consider marrying her after hiding such for long from me. Please house, help.....
Re: My Fiancee Confessed She's HIV+ After I Proposed To Her. Please, Help by EfemenaXY: 10:23pm On Jun 19, 2016
dammiedot:

How can you determine what the right thing to do is? Its unfair for any one to discriminate an HIV victim. I bet some of us here do not know their HIV status. Who knows, if she was once a victim of rape,etc

How does my post DISCRIMINATE against her? Is she applying for a job?

Whether she was once a victim of râpe or not is irrelevant. The fact is, she's a carrier and him considering wedding her is not something to be taken lightly. HIV is life changing.

It's easy to stand aside and dish out advice from the outside. Let's be straight for once and cut out the bullshít. Would you advice your brother or better still, your son to go ahead and marry the carrier of a deadly disease?

Why go knocking on death's door when it's not your time to meet your creator?

6 Likes

Re: My Fiancee Confessed She's HIV+ After I Proposed To Her. Please, Help by Olumaeme: 10:23pm On Jun 19, 2016
Your girlfriend is very wicked ooo, she hide this from you for that long?
Go get tested, and dump her as soon as possible, marriage is a lifetime contact, don't make the silly mistake.

1 Like

Re: My Fiancee Confessed She's HIV+ After I Proposed To Her. Please, Help by dottypax: 10:23pm On Jun 19, 2016
Gasout:

I think u should take her for a test n then ask the doctor to advice you on what to do.but to be candid I know there is a way you can impregnate her n always be with her without you contacting the virus by taking some preventive medical measures but man you should know that the path you wish to undertake is not an easy one.
Re: My Fiancee Confessed She's HIV+ After I Proposed To Her. Please, Help by Ashmark(m): 10:23pm On Jun 19, 2016
Nearly everybody on Nairaland is viewing this Topic.
You can only make the decision yourself.
HIV! !.......What kind of joke is this?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (17) (Reply)

Guys, Stop Searching For The Perfect woman... See This (picture) / Eudoxie Yao Joins Twerking Gang. Fans Go Gaga / I Tested My Girlfriend And She Failed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.