Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,421 members, 7,815,952 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:59 PM

My Fiancee Confessed She's HIV+ After I Proposed To Her. Please, Help - Romance (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / My Fiancee Confessed She's HIV+ After I Proposed To Her. Please, Help (94847 Views)

"Why I Proposed To My Girlfriend With N2 Million Dummy Cheque" - Nigerian Man / She's HIV Positive, How Do I Tell Her?? / I Proposed To A Lady The First Time I Saw Her And She Accepted On The Spot (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (17) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: My Fiancee Confessed She's HIV+ After I Proposed To Her. Please, Help by mecussey(m): 11:49pm On Jun 19, 2016
histemple:
For those of you asking if he had unprotected s3x with her, he could have unprotected s3x without contracting the virus.
A man contracting the HIV from a lady is very slim except there are cracks. But a lady contracts it immediately a male carrier ejaculates in her, no matter the quantity of fluid.

Back to your concern OP. You may have to be sure that she isn't pulling your legs to watch your reaction. She may possibly be trying to gauge how you will tolerate or discriminate against disability.

No its not right to pull someones leg with death threat, you have to consider the health of ur ofsprings. I will politely tell her the level of the prank if thats the case, and explain to her why we should make sure that it is safe to get married and make good babies.

1 Like

Re: My Fiancee Confessed She's HIV+ After I Proposed To Her. Please, Help by avicky(f): 11:50pm On Jun 19, 2016
SUPOL:

Oh great, I can sleep now. Av learnt something new
Sure. Bonne nuit.
Re: My Fiancee Confessed She's HIV+ After I Proposed To Her. Please, Help by asodeboyede(m): 11:51pm On Jun 19, 2016
eyinjuege:

Pls do not misinform people.

The HIV clinic is filled with both men and women, young and old. Boys n girls that are 18years, 20s inclusive, men and women in their 60s are also not left out.

I think he is right. a friend once had a positive girlfriend and scaled through every test as negative.... but the thoughts of being positive nearly killed him though....
Re: My Fiancee Confessed She's HIV+ After I Proposed To Her. Please, Help by 6fit(f): 11:52pm On Jun 19, 2016
If u hav been having unprotected sex, sorry just acept yur new status and marry her else, run faster than yur shadow..........NL pls note dis guy oh, he may b a mobile HIV carrier
Re: My Fiancee Confessed She's HIV+ After I Proposed To Her. Please, Help by SUPOL(m): 11:52pm On Jun 19, 2016
avicky:

Sure. Bonne nuit.
mercy( no b d football player o)
Re: My Fiancee Confessed She's HIV+ After I Proposed To Her. Please, Help by Sunnynwa: 11:54pm On Jun 19, 2016
histemple:
[b]For those of you asking if he had unprotected s3x with her, he could have unprotected s3x without contracting the virus.
A man contracting the HIV from a lady is very slim except there are cracks. [/b]But a lady contracts it immediately a male carrier ejaculates in her, no matter the quantity of fluid.

Back to your concern OP. You may have to be sure that she isn't pulling your legs to watch your reaction. She may possibly be trying to gauge how you will tolerate or discriminate against disability.

Why are you spreading ignorance?
Re: My Fiancee Confessed She's HIV+ After I Proposed To Her. Please, Help by avicky(f): 11:54pm On Jun 19, 2016
SUPOL:
mercy( no b d football player o)
I understand. It's 'merci'
Re: My Fiancee Confessed She's HIV+ After I Proposed To Her. Please, Help by AgroPro: 11:54pm On Jun 19, 2016
Gasout:
Good evening members in the house. I purposely brought this topic to this section (family) cos I blive i'll have a mature responses and contributions.

I'll try to be brief as possible.
I met this lady 2014 but we started dating November last year. It took her a whole year for her to accept dating me.

But then, she told me that, there is something she will tell any man who desire to marry her bt, depend on the level of seriousness of the man.

Then, I took what she planned telling her hubby to be as nothing serious nt until d relationship began to wax stronger. After being in the relationship for a while, I discovered she posses virtually all d qualities I desire in a lady and wouldn't mind spending the rest of my life with her.

I tried to make her tell me what she has in mind that she plan to tell her hubby to be, she refused. At this stage, our both parents re aware of our relationship and we planned to have our INTRO this June.

I proposed to her last week, she accepted and busted to tears. Initially, I thought it was a tears of joy, nt knowing it was something entirely different from my thought.

I took her home with different feelings within me since she couldn't stop crying. When we got to their house b4 she alighted, she hold my hands and told me me 'she's HIV positive'

I was startled for minutes. She said I should think about it if I still want the relationship.

I have make enquiries from Doctors if both of us can marry and He said yes Bt the am nt still convince. Please, Nairalanders, I need ur sincere advice on this issue...

Brother I beg. Use your brain...ditch this woman asap. Don't carry someone else's wahala

1 Like

Re: My Fiancee Confessed She's HIV+ After I Proposed To Her. Please, Help by Gasout(m): 11:54pm On Jun 19, 2016
Yes! What's wrong with
eipreel:
You planned to have intro this June and you just proposed last week? Issokay lipsrsealed
Re: My Fiancee Confessed She's HIV+ After I Proposed To Her. Please, Help by PrivateInvestig: 11:57pm On Jun 19, 2016
Gasout:
Good evening members in the house. I purposely brought this topic to this section (family) cos I blive i'll have a mature responses and contributions.

I met this lady 2014 but we started dating November last year. It took her a whole year for her to accept dating me.

But then, she told me that, there is something she will tell any man who desire to marry her bt, depend on the level of seriousness of the man.

Then, I took what she planned telling her hubby to be as nothing serious nt until d relationship began to wax stronger. After being in the relationship for a while, I discovered she posses virtually all d qualities I desire in a lady and wouldn't mind spending the rest of my life with her.

I tried to make her tell me what she has in mind that she plan to tell her hubby to be, she refused. At this stage, our both parents re aware of our relationship and we planned to have our INTRO this June.

I proposed to her last week, she accepted and busted to tears. Initially, I thought it was a tears of joy, nt knowing it was something entirely different from my thought.

I took her home with different feelings within me since she couldn't stop crying. When we got to their house b4 she alighted, she hold my hands and told me me 'she's HIV positive'

I was startled for minutes. She said I should think about it if I still want the relationship.

I have make enquiries from Doctors if both of us can marry and He said yes Bt the am nt still convince. Please, Nairalanders, I need ur sincere advice on this issue...

She's lying, just testing u.if she garrit she won't tell u. Some men too mumu
Re: My Fiancee Confessed She's HIV+ After I Proposed To Her. Please, Help by kchaste(m): 11:58pm On Jun 19, 2016
Gasout:

Sure you can marry her. It has been proven medically that you both can be married and even ve kids who will be hiv negative. You inclusive.
Love conquers all bro.
Re: My Fiancee Confessed She's HIV+ After I Proposed To Her. Please, Help by ladyF(f): 12:00am On Jun 20, 2016
All of you saying she should have told him, you think it's easy abi? Some people would just prefer to keep their issues to themselves. Does she have to go around telling everyone she dates she is HIV positive, considering they are only dating. If they have a bitter break up now, the guy will go and start broadcasting her status upandan. I do not blame the lady, she did what's best for her. If he can't handle it, lover boy can take a walk. angry

Say NO to HIV stigmatisation, you guys here are even part of the problem sef.

7 Likes

Re: My Fiancee Confessed She's HIV+ After I Proposed To Her. Please, Help by SUPOL(m): 12:00am On Jun 20, 2016
avicky:

I understand. It's 'merci'
Auvour(dnt no wat am saying)
Re: My Fiancee Confessed She's HIV+ After I Proposed To Her. Please, Help by Seunnzy(m): 12:02am On Jun 20, 2016
histemple:

I didn't say they can't contract the virus through s3x, what I said was that chances for female to male transmission is SLIMMER than male to female. In s3x, the female is the receptor while the male is the depositor.
The virus is infectious and not contagious. It can't be transmitted via physical contact. It is mostly via blood.

Besides, s3x is just one of the many possibilities of contracting the virus, and that explains why we have a lot of virgin carriers of the dreaded virus.
SLIM or SLIMMER they r same.as for the OP,in Ade's voice ''RUN''
Re: My Fiancee Confessed She's HIV+ After I Proposed To Her. Please, Help by Miles02: 12:02am On Jun 20, 2016
Reading all these comments and I am wondering, does the Department of Health teaches about HIV/ AIDS in Nigeria? Y'all are sooo ignorant and to even advisebthe poster to run for his life is the exact same reason her fiancee kept it to herself!

HIV/AIDS is manageable and not a death sentence but the problem is magnifying and stigmatising it! Ask any cancer patient what sickness would they would chose if they were given a chance to choose between HIV and Cancer..

2 Likes

Re: My Fiancee Confessed She's HIV+ After I Proposed To Her. Please, Help by eyinjuege: 12:05am On Jun 20, 2016
kingthreat:

You should read this scientific article.

http://www.catie.ca/en/pif/summer-2012/putting-number-it-risk-exposure-hiv

Nice read.
But do remember that statistics differ in both developed and developing countries.

Got something for you too.

http://mobile.aidsmap.com/HIV-risk-levels-for-the-insertive-and-receptive-partner-in-different-types-of-sexual-intercourse/page/1443490
Re: My Fiancee Confessed She's HIV+ After I Proposed To Her. Please, Help by yinkslinks(m): 12:05am On Jun 20, 2016
I know you met this lady on NL grin grin grin grin they are many on here. run for your life grin grin grin grin grin grin
Gasout:

Re: My Fiancee Confessed She's HIV+ After I Proposed To Her. Please, Help by tosyne09: 12:05am On Jun 20, 2016
just try and find out first before taking decision. good luck
Re: My Fiancee Confessed She's HIV+ After I Proposed To Her. Please, Help by doe: 12:06am On Jun 20, 2016
Ignorance litter this thread.

A little read will tell you the treatments in place do suppress the virus to undetectable levels. Hence Hiv+ people are having negative children and not passing the virus to their partner.
If the OP is not just making up the story then i will suggest you seek advice from a doctor or a relevant NGO to give you good advice.

No reason why you and your girlfriend cannot live a long fulfilled life. Last time i checked Magic Johnson was still alive and Married to his HIV- wife.

2 Likes

Re: My Fiancee Confessed She's HIV+ After I Proposed To Her. Please, Help by josef1(m): 12:07am On Jun 20, 2016
[quote author=feldido post=46705256]The babe de try one trick she learn from Nollywood on you bro grin
Re: My Fiancee Confessed She's HIV+ After I Proposed To Her. Please, Help by avicky(f): 12:07am On Jun 20, 2016
SUPOL:

Auvour(dnt no wat am saying)
Au'revoir. It means good bye.
Re: My Fiancee Confessed She's HIV+ After I Proposed To Her. Please, Help by onagoodday: 12:08am On Jun 20, 2016
fadjnr:

Oga what are you saying nao. The chances of a male contracting the virus during unprotected sex is equal to that of the female because there's definitely going to be exchange of body fluids
Listen to histemple, that is d voice of reasoning , he is 200% correct. I have seen a man with four kids, 2 positive and 2 negative n d man himself negative. Try n visit a heart to centre, over 80% of cases are women. You wanna y, then re read histemple's comment
Re: My Fiancee Confessed She's HIV+ After I Proposed To Her. Please, Help by Iriruaga100(m): 12:09am On Jun 20, 2016
Op, I hope u dnt give her a head during d protected sex u had with her? I just pray u never did.
Re: My Fiancee Confessed She's HIV+ After I Proposed To Her. Please, Help by Maski87: 12:12am On Jun 20, 2016
Dude she doesn't want to marry you
Ask her to show video evidence ,anyway you have been shinning the Congo anyway hiv or not
Re: My Fiancee Confessed She's HIV+ After I Proposed To Her. Please, Help by onagoodday: 12:13am On Jun 20, 2016
Sunnynwa:

How Is he spreading ignorance
Re: My Fiancee Confessed She's HIV+ After I Proposed To Her. Please, Help by slysteel: 12:14am On Jun 20, 2016
eyinjuege:

Pls do not misinform people.

The HIV clinic is filled with both men and women, young and old. Boys n girls that are 18years, 20s inclusive, men and women in their 60s are also not left out.
The guy actually said the truth but that doesn't mean men don't contact it,its usually through tears and friction unlike women who can contact through these means and also through semen (pre-cum or sperm)
Re: My Fiancee Confessed She's HIV+ After I Proposed To Her. Please, Help by Nuella222(f): 12:15am On Jun 20, 2016
By the way hav u asked urself how u gonna make babies if u marry this girl Are u gonna do that with condom on Or would u endulge in sexual asexual test-tube foetus implant reproduction

...Rah mirah kii!
Re: My Fiancee Confessed She's HIV+ After I Proposed To Her. Please, Help by ceaser: 12:15am On Jun 20, 2016
Gasout:
Yes sir and mine is negative. But, the Doctor asked me to come for another test next 3 month.
Note: we only had protected sex just once

... And unprotected s3x house many times? grin

And to the poster earlier contending with the information on the higher chances of the female getting the virus than the male from 53xual intercourse, please you are wrong.

Females have a higher chance of getting the virus from males per s3xual encounter simply because of the reason earlier posited by the respondent. However the infectivity for both genders is also increased with the presence of ulcers (wounds) in the genital area because infected fluid readily passes thru the broken skin barrier into the body. Hence the emphasis on treatment of any existing genital diseases, especially GUDx to reduce the infectivity of the disease. For the same reason of the GUDx, even the use of condoms isn't 100% fool proof. The latex covers only a part of the penile shaft. If an ulver exists beyond the margin reached by the latex and the fluid from the female gets on it, chances are that viral transmission occur. Also the viral load in the serum als plays some role in the ability of an individual to infect others.
Re: My Fiancee Confessed She's HIV+ After I Proposed To Her. Please, Help by DICKtator: 12:16am On Jun 20, 2016
histemple:
For those of you asking if he had unprotected s3x with her, he could have unprotected s3x without contracting the virus.
A man contracting the HIV from a lady is very slim except there are cracks. But a lady contracts it immediately a male carrier ejaculates in her, no matter the quantity of fluid.

You are very silly!!!!

Why did you type the above before me?

Is it because you have light and fast internet connection?

Don't worry, Minister of Darkness , His Honourable Fashola would soon visit your community soon to disconnect your light and the Minister of Communication would soon disconnect your internet!!

grin grin grin grin
Re: My Fiancee Confessed She's HIV+ After I Proposed To Her. Please, Help by histemple: 12:16am On Jun 20, 2016
Sunnynwa:

If you don't know how to make your contributions without being rude, please don't quote me again. Thank you.
Re: My Fiancee Confessed She's HIV+ After I Proposed To Her. Please, Help by ceaser: 12:19am On Jun 20, 2016
Nuella222:
By the way hav u asked urself how u gonna make babies if u marry this girl Are u gonna do that with condom on Or would u endulge in sexual asexual test-tube foetus implant reproduction

...Rah mirah kii!

They can make babies. They only need to inform their doctor when they are ready and they will be provided with the various options available to conceive with minimal or no chances of getting whoever is free of the virus infected.

At other periods however, they are to use protection. That's where the couples may have problem cos no man enjoys using condom at every instance with his legally married wife.
Re: My Fiancee Confessed She's HIV+ After I Proposed To Her. Please, Help by histemple: 12:21am On Jun 20, 2016
DICKtator:
[/b]

You are very silly!!!!

Why did you type the above before me?

Is it because you have light and fast internet connection?

Don't worry, Minister of Darkness , His Honourable Fashola would soon visit your community soon to disconnect your light and the Minister of Communication would soon disconnect your internet!!

grin grin grin grin

When our able president's newly fixed ear starts working fully, I will call to tell him how you have insulted me.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (17) (Reply)

Read What Happens When People Have Sex With Dogs (See Pictures) / Guys, Stop Searching For The Perfect woman... See This (picture) / Eudoxie Yao Joins Twerking Gang. Fans Go Gaga

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.