Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,077 members, 7,828,795 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 02:20 PM

Zenith Bank's Letter Restricting Fayose's Accounts ( SEE LETTER} - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Zenith Bank's Letter Restricting Fayose's Accounts ( SEE LETTER} (46726 Views)

EFCC To Appeal Court Order Asking Zenith Bank To Defreeze Fayose’s Accounts / BREAKING: EFCC Ordered To Unfreeze Fayose's Accounts / Lere Olayinka:Compare Fake Zenith Bank Letter Vs Real Zenith Bank Letter(Pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Zenith Bank's Letter Restricting Fayose's Accounts ( SEE LETTER} by erinalex: 11:38am On Jun 22, 2016
LesbianBoy:
God Punish APC supporters
sorry O ! Your hero can't access his zenith acct. But don't worry now, he has other banks he can use,to send ur allowance to u. Ur pain is temporary.
Re: Zenith Bank's Letter Restricting Fayose's Accounts ( SEE LETTER} by Akinola660: 11:41am On Jun 22, 2016
Hum.. lipsrsealed
Re: Zenith Bank's Letter Restricting Fayose's Accounts ( SEE LETTER} by DeRay98(m): 11:41am On Jun 22, 2016
Izontubo:
its not a way forward ...thats the mistake we are making...the apc intends to stick their asss on the presidency and put nigeria in a choke hold just as pdp did for 16 years...who is then gonna probe the apc...its a wrong way to fight corruption...countrys that have defeated corruption fought against it holistically devoid of party sentiments or tribe or otherwise....saraki is being tried because he played a fast one on the apc(his own party though) and the likes of tinubu wont let him be...

Every river started with a drop, a thousand miles journey starts with one step..
What EFCC is probing so far is Federal funds stolen....and the people so far proved are the people the funds trail linked to.
So, all the shout about wholistisc fight is myopic and pure sentiments. If your brother was a soldier sent to war with a bruthal enemy like boko, without bullets while his generals and politicians shared the money meant to equip him to fight, and eventually he got killed not for his failure to use his military training but the impunity of his generals. You won't be comfortable thinking as you are now. Your mates in the army were bethrayed by their leaders and collaborators, those raised alarm were hurried tried and sentenced to death just to silence them but Jonathan's stopped him from signing the death warrant from the rogue generals saved their lives.

1 Like

Re: Zenith Bank's Letter Restricting Fayose's Accounts ( SEE LETTER} by Compliant(m): 11:44am On Jun 22, 2016
this is where you need TonyeBarcanista lets see what he has to say or his account was freeze also ?

1 Like

Re: Zenith Bank's Letter Restricting Fayose's Accounts ( SEE LETTER} by rockyh(m): 11:45am On Jun 22, 2016
Jirate:
The Real Question is Why Fayose Account ? Why not Ameachi, Fashola, Oshiomhole or even Tinubu. cool cool
may God bless you big time for saying the open secret truth in a one sided political economy

1 Like

Re: Zenith Bank's Letter Restricting Fayose's Accounts ( SEE LETTER} by PassingShot(m): 11:48am On Jun 22, 2016
youngsahito:
why is buhari punishing the orator of the opposition party b4 was ffk now fayose...lie Mohammed did more than this when PDP was in power
Looters cannot use noise making to attack the govt in the belief that they will get sympathy from Nigerians when their past crimes start to find them out.
Using oratory prowess for the purpose of avoiding being held to account will not work with this government.
Lai Mohammed never stole any money. If he did and the govt then couldn't bring him to book, shame on them.

3 Likes

Re: Zenith Bank's Letter Restricting Fayose's Accounts ( SEE LETTER} by ABDamola(m): 11:49am On Jun 22, 2016
Jirate:
The Real Question is Why Fayose Account ? Why not Ameachi, Fashola, Oshiomhole or even Tinubu. cool cool

Boss b wise....
EFCC s only investigatin dos dt partook in d sharin of Dasuki...
Did Fashola, Amaechi and co partake dia?
Wike suppose investigate Amaechi and he has done dt wen he assumed office... Wat did he find?

1 Like

Re: Zenith Bank's Letter Restricting Fayose's Accounts ( SEE LETTER} by fxskye: 11:50am On Jun 22, 2016
Vicmoni:

Am not in support of that noise maker called Fayose but my take is this, y freeze account without a court order.

Because EFCC has constitutional power to do that while investigation still ongoing!

The same thing happened to Muritala N'yako under GEJ administration. Abi you done forget just barely 2 yrs ago?
Re: Zenith Bank's Letter Restricting Fayose's Accounts ( SEE LETTER} by lond07: 11:52am On Jun 22, 2016
DaBullIT:
For those shouting Wwitch hunt and Persecution of PDP members

Constitution as amended in 1999 states every new administration must probe the previous one , that is unnegotiable , Unfortunately PDP and their padi padi government failed to do that

Secondly , this has happened before ,

What!? You mean you have forgotten? Then, let me refresh your memory. You see, exactly 2 years ago, on June 20th 2014, our own EFCC froze Murtala Inyako's account. He was, at the time, still sitting as the governor of Adamawa State. He had immunity too.

The government of the day argued, that his account must be frozen so that proper investigation can be carried out, and so that he will not be sble to move monies that were supposedly belonging to that poor state out of the account. In fact, I made two posts supporting that government, for going after the man's account through EFCC.

That account is still locked down till today. Baba Nyako was (still is) unable to access that account. In fact, the next ruling for the care to de-freeze of Baba Mai Mangoro's account will be tomorrow, June 22, 2016; exactly 2 years and 1 day. Let Fayose go to court and get his bank account de-frozen. He needs the money like plant needs water. I heard "he is not a barawo". We don't want him to go hungry. Do we?

Oh, so you remember? Then if you want to criticize this government, please do. But don't say, "This is the only government that is witch-hunting opposition". I didn't see that one as witch-hunt. I'll not see this one as so. There was precedent in this 16 year old democracy, set by PDP in 2014.

You can even pretend to care so much about values by saying, "But two wrongs don't make no right". But please, do not insult our memory and intelligence by saying, "This is the first time...". It is not. And stop saying "We are drifting towards dictatorship" because of this case, when for the same reason we didn't in 2014.

Oh, you mean you don't even know? Okay, now you do. Don't you think he deserved fair hearing too? Oh, you know but don't give a damn because he is not a member of PDP? okay, may God save us from you. But I don't like your double-standard. I supported it in 2014. I'm supporting it in 2016. TonyeBarcanista, Omenka kindly state your views

This one na "upper cut" oo grin grin

1 Like

Re: Zenith Bank's Letter Restricting Fayose's Accounts ( SEE LETTER} by Izontubo(m): 11:55am On Jun 22, 2016
DeRay98:

Every river started with a drop, a thousand miles journey starts with one step..
What EFCC is probing so far is Federal funds stolen....and the people so far proved are the people the funds trail linked to.
So, all the shout about wholistisc fight is myopic and pure sentiments. If your brother was a soldier sent to war with a bruthal enemy like boko, without bullets while his generals and politicians shared the money meant to equip him to fight, and eventually he got killed not for his failure to use his military training but the impunity of his generals. You won't be comfortable thinking as you are now. Your mates in the army were bethrayed by their leaders and collaborators, those raised alarm were hurried tried and sentenced to death just to silence them but Jonathan's stopped him from signing the death warrant from the rogue generals saved their lives.
what are you saying...how can you say those shouting for a holistic approach to corruption fight are myopic......bokoharam insurgence must be put on the heads of northern leaders who chose to side with their islamic brothers just to spite gejs government.....the north should be blamed for bokoharam and should solve bokoharam wahala...that does not in any way preclude buhari from fighting corruption impartially...if the apc thieving leaders cant be probed or their accounts frozen too then the FG should shut their trap up about corruption fight and do what the hell they like...let us just know they are running insane instead of proclaiming to the world they are fighting corruption..we are not baby's..has atikus account been frozen...rubbish
Re: Zenith Bank's Letter Restricting Fayose's Accounts ( SEE LETTER} by folem: 12:01pm On Jun 22, 2016
fxskye:

Because EFCC has constitutional power to do that while investigation still ongoing!

The same thing happened to Muritala N'yako under GEJ administration. Abi you done forget just barely 2 yrs ago?
Is Adamawa State account the same as the personal account of its sitting governor? Don't be fooled. Are you a learner or Zombie?
Re: Zenith Bank's Letter Restricting Fayose's Accounts ( SEE LETTER} by omenka(m): 12:06pm On Jun 22, 2016
DaBullIT:

Constitution as amended in 1999 states every new administration must probe the previous one , that is unnegotiable , Unfortunately PDP and their padi padi government failed to do that

What!? You mean you have forgotten? Then, let me refresh your memory. You see, exactly 2 years ago, on June 20th 2014, our own EFCC froze Murtala Inyako's account. He was, at the time, still sitting as the governor of Adamawa State. He had immunity too.

The government of the day argued, that his account must be frozen so that proper investigation can be carried out, and so that he will not be sble to move monies that were supposedly belonging to that poor state out of the account. In fact, I made two posts supporting that government, for going after the man's account through EFCC.

That account is still locked down till today. Baba Nyako was (still is) unable to access that account. In fact, the next ruling for the care to de-freeze of Baba Mai Mangoro's account will be tomorrow, June 22, 2016; exactly 2 years and 1 day. Let Fayose go to court and get his bank account de-frozen. He needs the money like plant needs water. I heard "he is not a barawo". We don't want him to go hungry. Do we?

Oh, so you remember? Then if you want to criticize this government, please do. But don't say, "This is the only government that is witch-hunting opposition". I didn't see that one as witch-hunt. I'll not see this one as so. There was precedent in this 16 year old democracy, set by PDP in 2014.

You can even pretend to care so much about values by saying, "But two wrongs don't make no right". But please, do not insult our memory and intelligence by saying, "This is the first time...". It is not. And stop saying "We are drifting towards dictatorship" because of this case, when for the same reason we didn't in 2014.

Oh, you mean you don't even know? Okay, now you do. Don't you think he deserved fair hearing too? Oh, you know but don't give a damn because he is not a member of PDP? okay, may God save us from you. But I don't like your double-standard. I supported it in 2014. I'm supporting it in 2016. TonyeBarcanista, Omenka kindly state your views
Bro, you guys shouldn't be wasting gold making the soles of shoes!! Make this into a necklace so Lalasticlala can buy and wear it where everyone see.

Get my drift?
Re: Zenith Bank's Letter Restricting Fayose's Accounts ( SEE LETTER} by folem: 12:08pm On Jun 22, 2016
omenka:
Bro, you guys shouldn't be wasting gold making the soles of shoes!! Make this into a necklace so Lalasticlala can buy and wear it where everyone see.

Get my drift?
Don't be a mugu.
Re: Zenith Bank's Letter Restricting Fayose's Accounts ( SEE LETTER} by orisa37: 12:10pm On Jun 22, 2016
EFCC can't take this kind of action against an Elected Serving Governor. In the absence of Full Autonomy for the State Governments, only the Presidency can take such action after full and prior discussion between the rivaling Governor and Mr. President. And authorized and approved by the Legislature. Suc h is the Practice of good Management and Democracy. Federal Government quasi departments don't just go about embarrassing Executive Governors and Legislators anyhow. What was tolerated under Military dictatorship will not work in a Constitutional Democracy. The IGP was forced to apologize to Tambuwal under GEJ. Now EFCC and CCT must apologize to Fayiose and Saraki respectively for their ultra vires and blind application of their responsibilities. God is our Instructor, Director and Discernment. We should not use Buhari to destabilize Nigeria.
Re: Zenith Bank's Letter Restricting Fayose's Accounts ( SEE LETTER} by Alao046(m): 12:11pm On Jun 22, 2016
Upon all d mouth way dat idiotic fayose dey make,so he no even get liver.na corruption go kill fayose and all pdp members nd supporters.THEIFS
Re: Zenith Bank's Letter Restricting Fayose's Accounts ( SEE LETTER} by kahal29: 12:14pm On Jun 22, 2016
Compliant:
this is where you need TonyeBarcanista lets see what he has to say or his account was freeze also ?

This what he has to say... Even asked him to do a write up on the issue.

Re: Zenith Bank's Letter Restricting Fayose's Accounts ( SEE LETTER} by DeRay98(m): 12:14pm On Jun 22, 2016
Izontubo:
what are you saying...how can you say those shouting for a holistic approach to corruption fight are myopic......bokoharam insurgence must be put on the heads of northern leaders who chose to side with their islamic brothers just to spite gejs government.....the north should be blamed for bokoharam and should solve bokoharam wahala...that does not in any way preclude buhari from fighting corruption impartially...if the apc thieving leaders cant be probed or their accounts frozen too then the FG should shut their trap up about corruption fight and do what the hell they like...let us just know they are running insane instead of proclaiming to the world they are fighting corruption..we are not baby's..has atikus account been frozen...rubbish

Why did Jonathan not freeze Atiku's account? He was in PDP at the time and they were in power for 6-7 more years after the case.
Jonathan and PDP had their time to probe corruption wether at state of federal level, they were too back deep in looting our resources that they couldn't indict themselves till power left them. The funny thing with people like you is that, those indicted have not denied stealing, they looted at the expense of the lives of common Nigerians to other fund other countries while our economy has been brought to its knees. Yet, you are venting your spleen, raising blood pressure and risking premature death from HBP in defending crooks. cool cool

2 Likes

Re: Zenith Bank's Letter Restricting Fayose's Accounts ( SEE LETTER} by Izontubo(m): 12:21pm On Jun 22, 2016
DeRay98:

Why did Jonathan not freeze Atiku's account? He was in PDP at the time and they were in power for 6-7 more years after the case.
Jonathan and PDP had their time to probe corruption wether at state of federal level, they were too back deep in looting our resources that they couldn't indict themselves till power left them. The funny thing with people like you is that, those indicted have not denied stealing, they looted at the expense of the lives of common Nigerians to other fund other countries while our economy has been brought to its knees. Yet, you are venting your spleen, raising blood pressure and risking premature death from HBP in defending crooks. cool cool
oboy i stand as one not partisan but you are...what is wrong in fighting crime and corruption holistically when has such a suggestion been wrong,...if jonathan didn't freeze atikus account(which was wrong and foolish on his part) should buhari who parades himself as angel gabriel for corruption fight do same..do you get my point...buhari and his hypocritical government should stop shouting anti corruption...they are all thieves and dont give a shitt about nigerians...let them not parade themselves and tickle our ear drums with the anti corruption slogan...we arent babys born today...

nonsense...

1 Like

Re: Zenith Bank's Letter Restricting Fayose's Accounts ( SEE LETTER} by TheAdvocate(m): 12:21pm On Jun 22, 2016
DaBullIT:

The fact that it happened to Nyako doesn't make it right. Of course yu know that two wrongs doesn't make it right.

I want to finally nail the coffin over the issue of the proprietary of EFCC freezing the account of a sitting governor in Nigeria.

Many commentators, articles and social media post were writing by persons who know little or nothing about the law on immunity while some merely copied and pasted and assumed the position of attorneys at law.

For the avoidance of doubt, the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria which is the ground norm and the supreme law of the law provides that the president, vice president, governors and deputies are protected from civil or criminal trials while in office. It is trite law that any law inconsistent with the constitution shall be null and void to the level of its inconsistency. Meaning that not the entire law is void but that particular paragraph of the law which contravenes the constitution.

On the other hand, the EFCC Act which is a law subject to the constitution provides that the EFCC can investigate and freeze the account of anybody not withstanding any law. Now that's the problem of the EFCC Act. It cannot be above the constitution such that it oust the operation of the provisions of the constitution against it.

For those who doesn't know how an account is frozen, the EFCC must obtained an order of court ex parte to enable it freeze an account. Court processes must be filed and a judge in chambers will hear the application and grant it and same will be served on the bank to freeze the account. The owner of such account is a party to that proceeding even though at that time he is not to be heard as the application is being heard without his notice.

This point in my above paragraph is where the judge and the EFCC officials got it wrong. They have powers to investigate but they are barred from filing any process against the governor leading to his account frozen. No matter how suspicious the account looks like, once it is in the name of Ayodele Fayose who is a sitting governor, they cannot freeze it. That is the law.

The president swore to uphold the law and sworn by the Constitution and not the EFCC Act and he should therefore be seen to be protecting the constitution he swore to uphold. Anything else is pure politics and its a very dangerous trend and precedent he is setting.
Re: Zenith Bank's Letter Restricting Fayose's Accounts ( SEE LETTER} by Nostradamu(m): 12:40pm On Jun 22, 2016
NgeneUkwenu:

The implication is- if after the court processes, he is acquitted, the EFCC will unfreeze his account...
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin...chai! I like "some" Nairaland replies walaitali.

I SWEAR DAN. NA WETIN GO HAPPEN LASS-LASS BE DAT. Imagine how convoluted and contrived some brains in Nigeria have become; an individual (irrespective of his or her flipping affiliation) is charged [or being investigated] for allegedly stealing our (HELLO! O-U-R --IDIOT, yours "wailing wailer"; mine, theirs etc) collective wealth -or is a beneficiary- and people have the temerity and gall to question that decision.

lord have mercy.

1 Like

Re: Zenith Bank's Letter Restricting Fayose's Accounts ( SEE LETTER} by folem: 12:41pm On Jun 22, 2016
TheAdvocate:

The fact that it happened to Nyako doesn't make it right. Of course yu know that two wrongs doesn't make it right.

I want to finally nail the coffin over the issue of the proprietary of EFCC freezing the account of a sitting governor in Nigeria.

Many commentators, articles and social media post were writing by persons who know little or nothing about the law on immunity while some merely copied and pasted and assumed the position of attorneys at law.

For the avoidance of doubt, the Constitution of the Federal Republic of Nigeria which is the ground norm and the supreme law of the law provides that the president, vice president, governors and deputies are protected from civil or criminal trials while in office. It is trite law that any law inconsistent with the constitution shall be null and void to the level of its inconsistency. Meaning that not the entire law is void but that particular paragraph of the law which contravenes the constitution.

On the other hand, the EFCC Act which is a law subject to the constitution provides that the EFCC can investigate and freeze the account of anybody not withstanding any law. Now that's the problem of the EFCC Act. It cannot be above the constitution such that it oust the operation of the provisions of the constitution against it.

For those who doesn't know how an account is frozen, the EFCC must obtained an order of court ex parte to enable it freeze an account. Court processes must be filed and a judge in chambers will hear the application and grant it and same will be served on the bank to freeze the account. The owner of such account is a party to that proceeding even though at that time he is not to be heard as the application is being heard without his notice.

This point in my above paragraph is where the judge and the EFCC officials got it wrong. They have powers to investigate but they are barred from filing any process against the governor leading to his account frozen. No matter how suspicious the account looks like, once it is in the name of Ayodele Fayose who is a sitting governor, they cannot freeze it. That is the law.

The president swore to uphold the law and sworn by the Constitution and not the EFCC Act and he should therefore be seen to be protecting the constitution he swore to uphold. Anything else is pure politics and its a very dangerous trend and precedent he is setting.
It didn't happen to Nyako. Adamawa State account was frozen by EFCC just before his impeachment.
Re: Zenith Bank's Letter Restricting Fayose's Accounts ( SEE LETTER} by Alao046(m): 12:42pm On Jun 22, 2016
People re asking y didnt jonathan freez atiku's account.me am now asking you that how do u except a thief to caught a thief.jonathan is one of d most babaric creature dat God created

1 Like

Re: Zenith Bank's Letter Restricting Fayose's Accounts ( SEE LETTER} by popcykaylah(m): 12:51pm On Jun 22, 2016
atleast this will keep the ranting monkey quiet for some time...fayose time up o!!
Re: Zenith Bank's Letter Restricting Fayose's Accounts ( SEE LETTER} by Hassanaz(m): 12:52pm On Jun 22, 2016
See how PMB and Fayemi are mocking Fayose

Re: Zenith Bank's Letter Restricting Fayose's Accounts ( SEE LETTER} by Magnitki: 12:55pm On Jun 22, 2016
Jirate:

Why these people? Did they participate in Dasuki's ATM dispensation?
Re: Zenith Bank's Letter Restricting Fayose's Accounts ( SEE LETTER} by Omonigeriarere: 12:56pm On Jun 22, 2016
Jirate:

The real answer is - non of those aforementioned accounts relate to the proceed from the Office of National Security Adviser.
Re: Zenith Bank's Letter Restricting Fayose's Accounts ( SEE LETTER} by kunzel(m): 12:57pm On Jun 22, 2016
Jirate:
Why didn't your useless Pdp probe them while in power? Mumu fellow.
Re: Zenith Bank's Letter Restricting Fayose's Accounts ( SEE LETTER} by Image123(m): 1:06pm On Jun 22, 2016
You mean Fayose fixed over 1.2billion naira of stolen money in zenith bank? O boyyyyy. Even if the rate is 2% per annum, that's over a million naira per month without other legal and illegal income. And he's going on solidarity strike.

1 Like

Re: Zenith Bank's Letter Restricting Fayose's Accounts ( SEE LETTER} by dotcomm(m): 1:09pm On Jun 22, 2016
Izontubo:
You need to see a doctor.
Re: Zenith Bank's Letter Restricting Fayose's Accounts ( SEE LETTER} by LesbianBoy(m): 1:09pm On Jun 22, 2016
kunzel:

God punish your entire ge.ne.ration.i.diot.

Mynd44 Seun lalasticlala ban this guy now!
Re: Zenith Bank's Letter Restricting Fayose's Accounts ( SEE LETTER} by alujonjonkijon: 1:10pm On Jun 22, 2016
sitting governor cannot be prosecuted but he can be investigated and evidence can be compiled against him for possible prosecution after he leaves office.Any money/s in any Bank account suspected as having being sourced from a criminal original is liable to be blocked until the conclusion of investigations.This applies in every jurisdiction in the world.if wrongly blocked ,fayose can seek damages in form of interest when the judge adjudged the funds unlawfully blocked.fayose can make all the noise he can,it is blocked in the interim and it is legal.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Soldier Lifts 50kg Bag With His Teeth (Photos) / FCT, Lagos, Ogun Communities Ignore Lockdown Order / Photos From President Jonathan's Visit To OAU Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 108
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.