Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,098 members, 7,811,088 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:06 PM

Why Do Muslim Men Wear Long Beards? - Islam for Muslims (12) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Why Do Muslim Men Wear Long Beards? (31331 Views)

Why Do Muslim Females Make Very Beautiful Hairstlyles To Eventually Cover It Up? / If 72 Virgins Are Giving To Muslim Men In Paradise(????)..whats For The Women? / Why Do Muslim Men Wear Short Trousers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Muslim Men Wear Long Beards? by olutomiwa(m): 2:21pm On Apr 13, 2007
i know if it is possible for the muslims out there to get to us non muslim on this thread,people like davidylan,tayod,babyosisi,mr pataki and all others would have long been forgotten,but thank God the more dey read the less they see,you can,t BOMB us,NO MATTER HOW HARD YOU TRY.JESUS CHRIST IS THE ANSWER,YOU BETA ACCEPT HIM,HE IS THE WAY TO HEAVEN,take it or leave it.
Re: Why Do Muslim Men Wear Long Beards? by yassbell: 10:47am On Nov 18, 2007
hi guys,
its good to be curious but when d curiosity is turning 2 sth else its save 2 quit.holistically MUSLIMS are being tag with what dey are not in d public, and as a lay man 2 understand d dictates of d religion might seem somehow but it cld have being better if one can be patient when one is curious of knowing thgs.
Re: Why Do Muslim Men Wear Long Beards? by omobana: 4:05pm On Feb 28, 2008
I know this kind of old but the beard is to distinguish between the Muslims and non-Muslims.

Food for thought

WHY DOES JESUS CHRIST HAVE A BEARD? [size=14pt][/size] Explain

I guess he wasnt the only one check all the Prophet and Messengers of God
Re: Why Do Muslim Men Wear Long Beards? by 4Him(m): 4:32pm On Feb 28, 2008
omobana:

I know this kind of old but the beard is to distinguish between the Great Ones and non-Great Ones.

Food for thought

WHY DOES JESUS CHRIST HAVE A BEARD? [size=14pt][/size] Explain

I guess he wasnt the only one check all the Prophet and Messengers of God

This is absurd. Jesus Christ was caucasian . . . (jews are caucasian) . . . does that mean we africans shld go bleach our skins too?

Mohammed wore robes and road horses . . . shld mus'lims do the same?

Only a fraudulent religion with NO heartfelt conviction spends so much time on mundane issues like beards.
Re: Why Do Muslim Men Wear Long Beards? by Nobody: 5:26pm On Feb 28, 2008
bia bia is a doctrine of it's own.
Mo Mo had the sexual strength of 30 men as the hadiths said.
It must be his bia bia
Re: Why Do Muslim Men Wear Long Beards? by omobana: 5:28pm On Feb 28, 2008
Well the Muslims are not the one dwelling on the issue of beards are they?

I only paralleled it to Jesus Christ and other Prophets (May the peace of God be with them)  because part of the issues people have gainst Muslims is because they grow their beards. If you think the beards is guffy, funny, or whatever you want to think, then look at the one that brought the message to you. DO YOU THINK THE SAME OF HIM?

I guess the issue is not the beards. There is a major reason for all the enimity towards the Muslims (beard is just an attachment --I guess for ridicle).

What is the problem? What is the burning issue? Step to the plate and face the real issue.

Going around saying this people did this or did that does not fly because that holds for all groups --there are some bad eggs/ignorant people in every group.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Muslim Men Wear Long Beards? by omobana: 5:40pm On Feb 28, 2008
Try an act like an intellect for a minute (maybe thats not long enough time who knows).

Of what benefit is it to you if you make fun of others?

Is this some kind of envy?

What is it that just wants you to talk about them wasting you time? ----Unless you have nothing better to do.

You know your ridicule towards any group could stir disorder and you take pleasure in it?

If you have a problem bring it up --just dont hate because someone is different.

If you have no authentic allegations then I would conclude that you are envious or arrogant which gives you a sense of security.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Muslim Men Wear Long Beards? by 4Him(m): 5:46pm On Feb 28, 2008
omobana:

You know your ridicule towards any group could stir disorder and you take pleasure in it?

you asked us to step up to the plate and declare why we so dislike is'lam . . . well you have the reason right there.
Why shld my ridicule towards you stir public disorder especially from those who like to pride themselves as pple of "peace"?

Why shld a ridiculous cartoon in Denmark cost a poor igbo trader his life in Borno state? Are you pple right in the head?
Re: Why Do Muslim Men Wear Long Beards? by omobana: 6:02pm On Feb 28, 2008
So is this the issue or there is more. If this is the issue then I would say it is unfortunate that the man was killed by some lawless ignorant people. And I hope they are caught and dealt with accordingly. But why would a person want to ridicule another? What is the gain? You know it would upset the person and he would more than lightly act irrationally.

If I ridicule your mother what would you do? And you might say this is just a Prophet to this people but remember the love this person

Why would anyone kill himself because he is being ridiculed? I dont know where you are but where I am right now there is report of killing themselve because of ricules from peer nearly everyweek.

Looking at the shooting at Virginia Tech and the University in Illinos are these Muslim?

Or is it the girl that protected here mother who is a school bus driver when one of the students was being rude

I dont condone all the killings.

You know this famous saying there is no smoke without a fire.
Re: Why Do Muslim Men Wear Long Beards? by 4Him(m): 6:24pm On Feb 28, 2008
omobana:

So is this the issue or there is more. If this is the issue then I would say it is unfortunate that the man was killed by some lawless ignorant people. And I hope they are caught and dealt with accordingly. But why would a person want to ridicule another? What is the gain? You know it would upset the person and he would more than lightly act irrationally.

Uncle, how many "lawless ignorant people" exist in is'lam? In every nation with a large mus'lim population the story is the same . . .

omobana:

If I ridicule your mother what would you do?

for starters my brother wont go killing ur innocent aunt.

omobana:

And you might say this is just a Prophet to this people but remember the love this person

are you the first pple to love someone? We love Christ . . . we havent killed Dan Brown.

omobana:

Looking at the shooting at Virginia Tech and the University in Illinos are these Great One?

they werent christians either. The dishonesty in is'lam is appalling, this is an incredibly facetious example. when are you going to bring up armed robbers next?

omobana:

I don't condone all the killings.

we've heard this same hypocritical remark too many times already. You dont condone all the killings but you dont condemn them either. You only come here seeking to make excuses for this scum of the earth.

omobana:

You know this famous saying there is no smoke without a fire.

seems only mus'lims like to light fires all the time. You'd almost think no one else had a religion besides them.
Re: Why Do Muslim Men Wear Long Beards? by yemi221(m): 4:52pm On Jul 05, 2008
salam
that is the practice of the prophet.
Re: Why Do Muslim Men Wear Long Beards? by javalove(m): 1:22pm On Jul 07, 2008
ohhhhh God!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i dont know why dis xtians are always on our neck. u asked a question. u got it answered and u begin to dabble into unnessecary stuffs. if u like talk from morning to night, it doesnt stop us from being muslims cos we know u guys are lost. is it our fault that u are lost?

all the he prophet kept beards inclusing jesus (pbuh), the jews keep beards, pple keep beards for fun and yet, its just the muslims they see. free ur minds of hatred pls. if and only if u knew what ur dead xtians arte going tru, den u wud not be here saying nonsense, hisses

1 Like

Re: Why Do Muslim Men Wear Long Beards? by olabowale(m): 3:29pm On Jul 07, 2008
@Davidylan

This is absurd. Jesus Christ was caucasian . . . (jews are caucasian) . . . does that mean we africans shld go bleach our skins too?
Judging from your perception of what Jesus said in the Bible, versus what Paul and company said, if Jesus had stated that people should look exactly like him, including the bleaching of the skin, and Paul said just the opposite or suggest that it is unnecessary, I see you will opt for Paul, rather than Jesus. One wonders, how Paul words and opinions could override that of your god, son of god, prophet, son of man, etc, which is Biblical Jesus, in your life? Is it not clear then that you are following Paul, while you window dress your belief with Jesus by name alone?

Funny. The Arians among the Caucasians don't think of the Jews in the same way. In the 1970s of Apatheid regime of South Africa, the Jews were given honorary white status. The same given to the Japanese! The chinese are now claiming blackness in the same south africa because of economic benefits to the small business owners. The Jews and the Japanese, were given this "honorary white" status because of their home country's economy and world standing. Not because they are truly considered white by the chrsitain afrikaan racists.

Less I forget to remind you of hitler's arian nation that was bent on wiping out the caucasian Jesus nations of 12 tribes of the children of Isreal. Are they truly caucasians? Will the Arabs not therefore qualify to be caucasians as well? Haven't you seen palestian Arabs, muslim or christians who look very european or at least same features like the Jews? Wouldn't the Pakistans and all persians, etc be considered as Caucasians as well?

Mohammed wore robes and road horses . . . shld mus'lims do the same?
We wear robe, as sunnah. If you do not wear it, it does not take you out of Islam. If you do because you are copying him (as), there is benefit for you. But others who are not muslims wera robes. And interestingly, 1400 years ago, the best mode of transportation on land were horses and camels. Camel was very good for the desert in particular. But the Qur'an mentions ships on water. It also speaks about going into space is Surah Rahman. And as a reminder, you have city police riding on horses, today. We have a division of the miltary called the calvary riding horses. People still ride horses for pleasure and a sign of wealth. In Ijebu Ode, the home of you and I, there is Ojude Oba, the following day after Id Adha. The balogun of Ijebu Ode ride horse. The last one I know was Alatishe.
Only a fraudulent religion with NO heartfelt conviction spends so much time on mundane issues like beards.

bia bia is a doctrine of it's own.
Mo Mo had the sexual strength of 30 men as the hadiths said.
It must be his bia bia
tell oga to grow a 5 o' clock shadow for few days. Then find out the difference in performance. You like beard. You are hiding in the closet. You need to come out of the closet, lady.
Re: Why Do Muslim Men Wear Long Beards? by olabowale(m): 4:30pm On Jul 07, 2008
@4Him:
« #361 on: February 28, 2008, 06:24 PM »
Uncle, how many "lawless ignorant people" exist in is'lam? In every nation with a large mus'lim population the story is the same . . .
Same with Christianity. In the USA, we have KKK, and others. In Israel, we have the shameless jews taking the properties of the palestinians. That is if they do not kill them and or compartmentalize them as in the days of Juderien of Eastern Europe against the Jews.

David, you like Mandela of South Africa, don't you? Who is he supporting between the Israelis and the palestinians? The palestinians, of course. You know why? He sees the similarities between his people and the palestinians. He sees the hands of the Israelis, as exactly the hands of the Afrikaan apatheid. You have never suffered. So listen to the wisdom of those who had gone through it. Mandela knows about suffereing and continuous struggle to free his people. So was Bishop Tutu. Guess what, again? Even President carter feels the same.

Where is your conscience? Did you not have any, when you migrated to America? Have you adopted the worst of this culture?

for starters my brother wont go killing your innocent aunt.

But you and your brother and your cousins will not stop at that, but until you wipe us all out, in grusome and disspeakable fashions of killing. Look around: Afghanistan, Iraq, palestine. Who are the ones dying in the hands of the disbelievers?: Muslims!

are you the first people to love someone? We love Christ . . . we havent killed Dan Brown.

Your love for him is not sincere. Other wise you would have known what love means. A proof of my statement is that you love paul more than him. If paul says something contrary to what Jesus said, you will take what Paul says and discard jesus statement. If this is love for Jesus, it speaks to the statement that if you are struck on the right cheek, turn the other. Has anyone, including the chief modern day crusader, President Bush taking this advice? PLease get off your high horse and the "holier than thou," attitude. We see through your fakery.

they werent christians either. The dishonesty in is'lam is appalling, this is an incredibly facetious example. when are you going to bring up armed robbers next?

Should you be this dishonest? When a Christian does something that you do not agree with, all of a sudden, he/she is no Christian. Dishonesty saturate your thinking, David! Tell me any verse or law in the Bible that is against any of those evil deeds that the Christians committed and you are shamelessly rejecting them .

At least in Islam, there is a ruling on how to fight and who should be killed. Your Bible does not have that. Mostly, its wholesale killings of innocent people. The city of Jericho is a good example! tell me their infractions and if you can't, then know that your Book is not the word of God! You have wrongly labelled it so.

we've heard this same hypocritical remark too many times already. You don't condone all the killings but you don't condemn them either. You only come here seeking to make excuses for this scum of the earth.

You are the father of hypocracy, David. If one Christian is killed, she never stops avenging the death until she almost wipe out the family of the killer and the killer himself! This is fairness in warfare or in revenge? An eye for an eye is better than a whole family for just one tooth of the Christian!

seems only mus'lims like to light fires all the time. You'd almost think no one else had a religion besides them.

As the muslims light the fire, you never stop stoking it as well as providing accelerants/fuel for it. You alsways want it to burn down the neighborhood. Is there anything good in that, bing the instigators, always? Is Christianity religion, today? But before it was a way of life.

A mighty fortress is our God Ps 31:3

A quote from the person whom you termed an adulterer, a killer? Do you have no shame, yet you bear his very name?
Re: Why Do Muslim Men Wear Long Beards? by reindeer: 9:57pm On Jul 21, 2008
bla bla bla,
yawns.

(1) (2) (3) ... (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Would You Prefer To Live In An Islamic Country? / Different Types Of Covering That Muslim Women Use / Things Your Muslim Wife Wont Tell You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.