Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,224 members, 7,811,624 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:55 PM

Why Do Muslim Men Wear Long Beards? - Islam for Muslims (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Why Do Muslim Men Wear Long Beards? (31335 Views)

Why Do Muslim Females Make Very Beautiful Hairstlyles To Eventually Cover It Up? / If 72 Virgins Are Giving To Muslim Men In Paradise(????)..whats For The Women? / Why Do Muslim Men Wear Short Trousers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Muslim Men Wear Long Beards? by mrpataki(m): 2:34pm On Dec 19, 2006
@ Olabowale,
olabowale:

You men are too juvenile and do not have maturity in thoughts. In the day of judgement, we will know who will grateful that God had ransome him from Hell. I pray the muslims, male and female are the ones.

You should go to national geographic website and learn how fibble your religion is. I pity una! No wonder Seun says he will never return to Christianity, the religion of his parents.
Agreed that juvenile attitude or behavior is no respecter of age, but when it comes from a man who believes keeping a long beard enhances his sexual prowess, hearing the sound of a ladies shoes ignites his sexual urge, then who is more juvenile if going by what we pointed out to you in your comments makes us juvenile?

Grow up Alfa Olabowale, see beyond your level of reasoning and get to know the truth, stop wasting your time to what a website tells you, get a grab of the true wisdom and knowledge itself which is in Christ Jesus.

And since when did another mans decision not to follow God become a point for you to hang on to? Are you throughly just what people think you really are? You believe everything hook line and sinker!
Re: Why Do Muslim Men Wear Long Beards? by Aggressa(m): 4:57pm On Dec 19, 2006
olabowale:

(1) ,,,,,,,,,,,,,you are very juvenile> Make fun as you wish. You will be crying very soon. Remember the day of rekorning is coming.,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, You take the word of Allah as jest.

(2) @Havila: Around the world, you will see people born crippled or blind, for example. But in normal condition, you have normal birth of children. The children develop strong legs that are good and adequate to support the weight and walk without any defficiency. Those who are born, with any defficiency is what we call Ayat from God. It is a sign to those who are normal, without any defficiency to be grateful to God. For those who have any defficiency, they too, should be grateful for whatever is left as normal in their person/lifes.

(3) You should go to national geographic website and learn how fibble your religion is. I pity una! No wonder Seun says he will never return to Christianity, the religion of his parents.

grin @ 'Ayatollah' Olabowale,
Response to 1: Unfortunately, you are the one who is displaying such 'juvenile mannerism' and 'adolescent psychology' by resorting to cursing simply because people found your 'research' very ludicrous, ridiculous and untrue. Nobody will cry because they boldy disagree with your "Bearded man Theory". There was a 'dunceman' somewhere who was looking for evidence that allah is not the God; hope he is still reading.

Response to 2: Olabsy, so according to you and allah, men like Lafile grin, who have never grown a beard in their lives or are not naturally hairy, are disabled, abnormal and "are called Ayat from God" (your words). Well, that must be a wicked god and it is not the true God. I and others need to continue shouting to the world that our God is not the same as allah of the quran; because God is love and he said in Genesis after making man that "everything He created is Very Good" and our God looked at us, all human beings, and said in Psalms that "We are wonderfully and Fearfully Made". Even peoples born with disabilities or acquired disabilities are wonderfully and fearfully made, have you heard of Professor Hawkins, Stevie Wonder, one of my former professors is deaf ,etc. It is only a wicked god who will claim that some of his creations are abnormal/incomplete and thus are example to the others to be grateful a.k.a Ayat: such a god is allah but thank God we know "it" is NOT the creator but only trying to lay claim by deception. Do you know that genetic differences could determine different hormone level which could determine things like baldness, 'hairiness', 'beardedness', height, complexion etc? That was unknown to muhammed when he was concorting the lie inside a cave on behalf of allah. But because of wisdom from the true God, we now know that regardless of our physical or genetic differences, we are all wonderfully and fearfully made to the glory of God, Amen!!!

Response to 3: Well, true wisdom is not on Nat Geo channel, Alhaji Ola; the book of Proverbs said "Seek wisdom, and it shall find you." Sitting in front of TV is an example of "getting" wisdom, NOT "seeking" wisdom; because you "get" somebody's own opinion which is very limited. But when you "seek" wisdom, you are really enriched and enlightened to "Know the truth, and it shall set you free." Now, this principle of "Differential Appreciation of God according to ability or disability called Ayat", doe it sound like divine wisdom? Hell No! It is another lie from the pit of Hell, sir. Send it back to allah.
Re: Why Do Muslim Men Wear Long Beards? by soliq55(m): 5:21am On Dec 21, 2006
@ Mukina2

What's the meaning of saw? undecided grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Do Muslim Men Wear Long Beards? by olabowale(m): 6:21am On Dec 21, 2006
@Havila: The person who said you should be slapped silly and call it a day, is probably right. It maybe that God gave him a window to your heart and/or observes your display of illogical thoughts, whereby you explain your vain desire to us, forcing us to accept them as truth. I do not know how old you are, but you must have heard Ebenezer Obey's song that goes like this: Eda to ni towun po o, to nronu, to ba ri tomo elomiran o, a yin Oluwa logoo. Havila, you are not never logical in your argument. It seems as if you are in some form of cocoon, completely isolated from reality. I do not blame you, afterall, it is the same you and your Christian brethrens, who claimed that your god was born, having to have a beginning. It is the same you that your god died, having to have an end. It is the same you that said that your god, before his experienced living in the earth, he did not know the nature of mankind. So he had to come to learn about this and experienced it. This takes him off the list of All knowing and Omnipotency. Your god, the Bible Jesus, eat, tired, slept and slumbered, was tempted by Satan, the accursed and prayed to God the Almighty at the garden of Geshemenee, beginning that a trial that he was groomed for in the first place, having the full knowledge of this trial, now began to beg that he be spared of its experience before it even began! Tell me, Pope or Archbishop Havila of Ekiti Parapo, is this the quality of a believer, knowing fully well that a prophet has higher believing quality that ordinary believer and you people blasphamed and call that 'disbeliever' God the Almighty!?

Havila, you are a Doctor. In your epidermiology, have you not observed when there is an epidermy, the people who are not afflicted by it are always grateful to GOD? Are you to young to remember the Corllera epidemy that afflicted Ibadan in 1971-2? Didn't Obey sang about it? Maybe you should just concentrate on your epidermiology, because your thinking is very poor. You probably know your stuff and that is just about it. Logical knowledge is not in your repertoire. There is nothing wrong from getting useful information from Electronic device, in this case the TV. This was a good information. Afterall, it exposed Christianity to all,whoever has a good heart will reflect. I am grateful to God, who allowed TV and other media like it, to be invented. Afterall, I had used it to better myself in Engineering and Architecture. For your information, TV imagery is now used extensively, even in your Medicine. If you do not know this very simple information, a very basic common knowledge, how can you grasp any understanding of complex materials? You remind me of book smart, but lacking understanding in any other things and other desciplines.

If you do not know that a person who has full sight is grateful and sees as a sign of favor of God on him when he sees a person who is totally blind. Afteral, it is stated by the Yorubas that: Oju ni imole ara.Toju bati fo, fari dofo. Isn't it true that they say that it is in the community of totally blinds that a one eyed is a king? Havita, if you do not know that when you describe normalcy in mankind, whatever makes a person not fitting this normalcy, whoever fits it is often very grateful. maybe, you are a person who is not grateful to your Creator, even though He has blessed you with normal physical presence/look and mental capability to study medicine. How can I think you are not ungrateful? You, who abandoned God and begins to worship His creation! Your believe is what is known as Kufr in Al-Islam. I will leave you to your thinking, because I just can not understand you. Don't you look around and reflect on yourself and come to a sound conclusion that Jesus is no more than a mere mortal? If Jesus was God, when the common people of Israel seized him, why was he crying out to God? He was praying to himself at gashemenee and crying out to himself on 'the cross'? See how poor your concept and judgement are? Very poor indeed!

It is very clear to me that you do not read any response, but always jump to explain your vain desire, forcing us to accept it as truth. It will never be accepted, InshaAllah!
Re: Why Do Muslim Men Wear Long Beards? by Aggressa(m): 7:47pm On Dec 21, 2006
olabowale:

@Havila: The person who said you should be slapped silly and call it a day, is probably right. ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, whereby you explain your vain desire to us, forcing us to accept them as truth. Tell me, Pope or Archbishop Havila of Ekiti Parapo, is this the quality of a believer, knowing fully well that a prophet has higher believing quality that ordinary believer and you people blasphamed and call that 'disbeliever' God the Almighty!?

@Haji Olabowaleeeeeeeee!! grin grin grin
Ha aaah, are you getting frustrated? You better dont, this is the season to rejoice in the Lord Jesus. First, let me wish you and your family a merry Christmas and a prosperous new year in advance. Wisdom of the true God has come into your heart and family, and the Light will dislodge all the previously held beliefs of deception you are still stubbornly clinging to, in name of Jesus Christ, Ameeen. Now let me pummel your posts. grin Forget about what somebody else said, I want to assume you are more matured and exposed than that, but if you say he "is probably right", well,,,,,,,,,,,,whatever!!!. I can see that despite your confusion, you now know about Lord Jesus Christ; but the hidden wisdom of God is still a mystery to you, hence you cannot comprehend how Jesus Christ "who being in the form of God, thought it not robbery to be equal with God; But made himself of no reputation, and took upon Him the form of a servant and was made in the likeness of men: And being found in appearance as a man, he humbled himself and became obedient unto death, even the death of the cross." (Phillipians 2 vs 6-cool I am not from Ekiti, but I am a Nigerian, praise God that's all that matter. grin

olabowale:

Havila, you are a Doctor. In your epidermiology, have you not observed when there is an epidermy, the people who are not afflicted by it are always grateful to GOD? ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Maybe you should just concentrate on your epidermiology, because your thinking is very poor. You probably know your stuff and that is just about it. Logical knowledge is not in your repertoire. ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,. Afterall, it exposed Christianity to all,whoever has a good heart will reflect.

It is epidemiology and epidemics! No big deal, maybe I can't spell some engineering terms too. But Olabowale, I thought you should know better, but you are not showing it. For somebody who says disabled peoples are a sign to others to be grateful to allah, if you call me illogical I dont mind. If it's somebody's whose reasoning is truly scriptural, I would mind. As a Yoruba man, you know when such things like epidemics happen, yes, we give thanks to God for sparing us but we also say "a ko fi yo awon to s'ele si" i.e "we are not gloating over those who are affected." But your principle of Ayat is "gloating over people who are disabled because they are a sign to those not disabled to be grateful to allah!!; that is not of God or from God. But I understand if it is from allah, I again say it emphatically, allah is not the true Living God. Pa Ola, seek wisdom!! Therefore men who do not grow beards are disabled, or less of a man, c'mon think man, think (as you usually say grin grin)

olabowale:

If you do not know that a person who has full sight is grateful and sees as a sign of favor of God on him when he sees a person who is totally blind. ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,if you do not know that when you describe normalcy in mankind, whatever makes a person not fitting this normalcy, whoever fits it is often very grateful.,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, If Jesus was God, when the common people of Israel seized him, why was he crying out to God? He was praying to himself at gashemenee and crying out to himself on 'the cross'? See how poor your concept and judgement are? Very poor indeed!

Again, I have highlighted your statement describing the concept of Ayat above, so everybody can see and judge how wicked such a thinking or concept is. No wonder, you have a lot of beggars in Northern Nigeria. Because according to your Ayat philosophy in Islam, a disable person is not favoured by your god, so he is condemed. But you live in America for God sake (I mean the true God's sake wink), cant you see how disabled people are integrated into the society, working and contributing to the society, even shopping malls and schools must have disabled entry and exit facilities!!!. What is the purpose of the long years you spent over there if you can't reason out of this false islamic concept of discrimination, elitisim and wickedness you called Ayat.? As such, beardless men are a sign to bearded people to be grateful to your god for being normal!! Kai, Na real waa for you oo grin grin!! You see, I am not forcing you, but simply debunking all your false claims and beliefs intelligently and you can't comprehend it. That is the light and wisdom of God that I am inviting you to allow to come in to your life and to shine light into your darkness, bro. Nothing wrong in "getting" information from TV, but Television documentaries are not the source of "seeking" wisdom for the wise. I even watched a program called the Lost Gospels yesterday, but with the spirit of wisdom I can discern what is true and what is false scientific claims because I actively "sought wisdom" myself as an individual not simply "cramming" and believing all I hear on TV. C'mom, Pa olbasy, dont disappoint me
Re: Why Do Muslim Men Wear Long Beards? by TayoD(m): 3:13pm On Dec 22, 2006
@Olabowale,

So are you an Engineer?  That would be great.  That means we have more in common than just being Ijebus. Afterall, we need to promote what binds us, and not just what separates us into Sheeps (Christ believers) and goats (Unbelievers).  grin And I only hope you are not making that up like someone on this forum who calls himself a University Lecturer of Comparative Religious Studies but unable to spell Hebrew. You cannot be a serious student of the Bible and not even know how to spell Hebrew which is a Book in the New Testament.  So much for Primary 2 drop-outs that hide behind the internet to claim to be what they are not!!! 

I do not blame you, afterall, it is the same you and your Christian brethrens, who claimed that your God was born, having to have a beginning. It is the same you that your God died, having to have an end. It is the same you that said that your God, before his experienced living in the earth, he did not know the nature of mankind. So he had to come to learn about this and experienced it. This takes him off the list of All knowing and Omnipotency. Your god, the Bible Jesus, eat, tired, slept and slumbered, was tempted by Satan, the accursed and prayed to God the Almighty at the garden of Geshemenee, beginning that a trial that he was groomed for in the first place, having the full knowledge of this trial, now began to beg that he be spared of its experience before it even began! Tell me, Pope or Archbishop Havila of Ekiti Parapo, is this the quality of a believer, knowing fully well that a prophet has higher believing quality that ordinary believer and you people blasphamed and call that 'disbeliever' God the Almighty!?
We do not claim anything Mr Olabowale. I'm sure you realise that Christianity is regarded as the Great confession. All we do is believe what is written and speak it out in faith. If you are going to have any beef, please do that with David, Isaiah and the other prophets whose words we echo. These are the authors of the same Torah, prophets and Gospels that your allah claimed to have sent down.  Here are some of the words witten down:
Isaiah 9:6 - For unto us a child is born, unto us a son is given: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The mighty God, The everlasting Father, The Prince of Peace.
Proverbs 30:4 Who hath ascended up into heaven, or descended? who hath gathered the wind in his fists? who hath bound the waters in a garment? who hath established all the ends of the earth? what is his name, and what is his son's name, if thou canst tell?
Psalm 2:7 - I will declare the decree: F6 the LORD hath said unto me, Thou art my Son; this day have I begotten thee.
Psalm 110:1 - The LORD said unto my Lord, Sit thou at my right hand, until I make thine enemies thy footstool.
Re: Why Do Muslim Men Wear Long Beards? by olutomiwa(m): 9:07pm On Dec 22, 2006
Because they are OSAMA BIN LADEN.
Re: Why Do Muslim Men Wear Long Beards? by mukina2: 9:10pm On Dec 22, 2006
olutomiwa:

now waht do you mean angry angry
Re: Why Do Muslim Men Wear Long Beards? by olutomiwa(m): 9:17pm On Dec 22, 2006
ask the nearest US embassy.
Re: Why Do Muslim Men Wear Long Beards? by mukina2: 9:20pm On Dec 22, 2006
olutomiwa:

why dnt you read well before you post . .are all muslims osama?
Re: Why Do Muslim Men Wear Long Beards? by mrpataki(m): 7:24pm On Dec 23, 2006
olutomiwa:

mukina2:

now waht do you mean angry angry
olutomiwa:

mukina2:

why dnt you read well before you post . .are all muslims osama?
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Do Muslim Men Wear Long Beards? by mukina2: 7:27pm On Dec 23, 2006
and your point is . . . .
Re: Why Do Muslim Men Wear Long Beards? by olabowale(m): 1:44pm On Dec 24, 2006
@TayoD: Are you are employer andhave you seen anywhere in my post that I am looking for a job? Indeed from anyone? No. TayoD, my school mates know me better. First, I came as a fully admitted Student to America. The best of Engineering schools admitted me. I was admitted to MIT, even though, by the insistance of my older brother, who later on became a VIce Chancellor, I went to a smaller, less expensive School in West Virginia. Further, it was not because there was no funds, but my brother, true to the Ijebu nature, felt that it would be a waste of money. MIT was about 9000 and WVIT was just over 4000. This was a long time ago, before I became a father. Have I had any more education after Bachelors? You bet. I was in the first group of people admitted to graduate school of Architecture, in NJIT> Have I done anything else? If you are truly an Ijebu person. You should know better, how intensed is the bug bite of Business live! I have made a name for myself in specialised banking operations. Am I going to discuss that with you and people like you? No. Your knowledge will not be able to gasp it!

I come from a bloodline which is drenching in business. From a little that I have spoken about myself, you shpould be able to find out about my name. That's only on my father's side. On my mother's side, now that's another level, entirely. If you ever lived in the 70s, there were two legal cases of armed robberies that punctuated that decade. Both of them were presided over by father and son. The father is my grandmother's younger brother and of course the son in by mother's first cousin. If you do not know, please ask your elders. I have, again, by Allah, made a name for myself. I deal with special people, companies and trusts and first rate countries. We talk about each individual, as little as I have revealed of myself, because Havila, the BIGGEST MEDICAL NEUROSURGEON on earth started it. You are leading up to him. I am an Ijebu-ode man. Though, I never lived there. But that's whats in my blood and that of my branch of the family!

My cousin, was telling me an incident she had with an attending Doctor. She told the Doctor, what level of Doctor is he wanting, that is not in my father's family. Even my grandfather was a midwife, when my aunt (ra), who, if she were alive, would be over 100 years old was a young girl. Travelling all over the Ijebu land, all the way to Ikorodu (the water sides of Ijebu). And, she is my father's younger sister!

You want to talk about achievement, by Allah, I am satisfied with my life. I do the Big things and InshaAllah, soon, you will know. Havila spoke about Abiola, yet he did not know that i am very close to a senior branch of his core family. The children, 32 and all the way down to 18 call me Dad. About Awolowo. He stole my father's property by Western region's eminent domain thiefery. Are you familiar with Liberty Stadium? I rest my case. So, I do not need anything from you or yours. I am not employed by any company in America and I did not get anything from anyone. I work for all I have. Allah has blessed me. IF you need a job, send your resume. Maybe this forum is a source of your fortune. Just maybe.

What you people in the christendom are doing, an ignorantly, not aware of it, because of your blind faith, is that you are the one forcing people to accept your Blind faith> That will not wash with any right thinking individual, specically the Muslims. You will always fail. You must know that in Islam, we are discourage to even close our eyes in Salah. The eyes are made to see and the mind to ponder along with the brain! But the christians are refusing to use any. They want us to follow them in blindness. No sir. Can't do.
Re: Why Do Muslim Men Wear Long Beards? by Aggressa(m): 8:17pm On Dec 24, 2006
olabowale:

@TayoD: ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,I have made a name for myself in specialised banking operations. Am I going to discuss that with "you and people like you"? No. Your knowledge will not be able to gasp it!

I come from a bloodline which is drenching in business. From a little that I have spoken about myself, you shpould be able to find out about my name,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,What you people in the christendom are doing, an ignorantly, not aware of it, because of your blind faith, is that you are the one forcing people to accept your Blind faith,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,>

@Olabowale, grin grin angry
C'mon what really is your stress! I would have ignored your long but "empty" post above, if not that you mentioned Havila twice in it. Is it a crime that TayoD simply introduced himself as a fellow Ijebu man before you start ranting about your "fathers bloodline and mother's bloodline"? Why are you so obsessed with vanity of life with this 'elitist' mentality of 'I am this, I am that'? This is a forum for intellectual exchange of different opinion, if you can't stand it, why not quit. Do you know who TayoD is? Did he tell you he is unemployed before you talk to him in such a condescending manner; if you know the meaning. It is only a low insecure 'elitist' thinking that assumes everybody wants something from him and he is greater than everybody. TayoD simply made a jovial reference to our friend Onikunkewu and you started a boring 'authobiography'. Sir, nobody is interested in who you are or whatever your name is.!!!
",,,,,,,,,"you and people like you"(?),,,,!!! And you were referring to TayoD, another adult human being like yourself, created by God, that you don't even know? c'mom, that's really low of you, and smacks of a pride-blinded, insecure individual, and I thought you know better.
As per your beef with Awolowo, I am not interested neither do I give a hoot. Awolowo's achievements are still speaking for him decades after his death. People are still taking about Awo's factor in politics, education etc till today after many years; while people barely mention or remember your sex-obsessed philandering Baba Adini family friend Abiola outside myopic muslim community just less than a decade after his death.

grin grin As regards our gospel, whatever you say, nobody is forcing anybody to accept anything. We are only declaring what we know to be the truth in faith, and you cannot do anything about it. Is it getting to you? Then take it up with God, or the true prophets Moses, David etc (muhammed not included in true prophets, though!) Jesus is Lord, we will declare it, and there is no salvation through any other,  but by faith in the death and ressurection of Jesus Christ on the Cross!!! That is what separates us as Jesus Christ himself said: it separates us to the gentle Sheeps (believers) who know their Sheperd (Jesus Christ); and the Goats (unbelievers) who know they are blind, but stubbornly cling to empty lies of a sex-pervert prophet who was not even sure of his own salvation, talk about the blind leading the blind!! But we will declare the truth and will spread it even into your living room since you like watching TV a lot; why not come into the One fold of the body of Christ where your salvation is assured and secured, we will continue to invite you and others in love.
Talk about self-obsessed rantings, you are tops!!
Re: Why Do Muslim Men Wear Long Beards? by nuru(m): 6:37pm On Dec 25, 2006
People who fail to see that Islam is the natural religion of mankind are blind in spirit. They are the ingrates and unless they come back to the path of eternal bliss, they will remain doomed.
Re: Why Do Muslim Men Wear Long Beards? by Nobody: 6:46pm On Dec 25, 2006
John 3: 14And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up:
15That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.
16For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
17For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
18He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
Re: Why Do Muslim Men Wear Long Beards? by Aggressa(m): 4:14pm On Dec 26, 2006
nuru:

People who fail to see that Islam is the "natural religion" of mankind are blind in "spirit". They are the ingrates and unless they come back to the path of "eternal bliss", they will remain doomed.

Nurudeen has revealed he is actually an euphemism for confusion; with the use of words he does not even understand hence he is contradicting himself. Since Islam is a "natural" religion, then there is no need for any "spiritual" insight to know it. It takes a "natural" man to know "natural" things or the things of nature; but it takes "spiritual" insight to discern the things of a "Spiritual God". In John 4 vs 24, the Lord Jesus said "God is a Spirit, and those that worship Him must worship Him in Spirit and in truth."

That Islam is a NATURAL religion is NOT in doubt because it's all man-made works of deception and lies; a natural religion such as Islam, where salvation is through "works of flesh", can NEVER lead to eternal bliss, but ONLY to eternal DAMNATION!!! Get wisdom.
Re: Why Do Muslim Men Wear Long Beards? by mrpataki(m): 4:21pm On Dec 26, 2006
@ Olabowale,
olabowale:

@TayoD: Are you are employer andhave you seen anywhere in my post that I am looking for a job? Indeed from anyone? No. TayoD, my school mates know me better. First, I came as a fully admitted Student to America. The best of Engineering schools admitted me. I was admitted to MIT, even though, by the insistance of my older brother, who later on became a VIce Chancellor, I went to a smaller, less expensive School in West Virginia. Further, it was not because there was no funds, but my brother, true to the Ijebu nature, felt that it would be a waste of money. MIT was about 9000 and WVIT was just over 4000. This was a long time ago, before I became a father. Have I had any more education after Bachelors? You bet. I was in the first group of people admitted to graduate school of Architecture, in NJIT> Have I done anything else? If you are truly an Ijebu person. You should know better, how intensed is the bug bite of Business live! I have made a name for myself in specialised banking operations. Am I going to discuss that with you and people like you? No. Your knowledge will not be able to gasp it!

I come from a bloodline which is drenching in business. From a little that I have spoken about myself, you shpould be able to find out about my name. That's only on my father's side. On my mother's side, now that's another level, entirely. If you ever lived in the 70s, there were two legal cases of armed robberies that punctuated that decade. Both of them were presided over by father and son. The father is my grandmother's younger brother and of course the son in by mother's first cousin. If you do not know, please ask your elders. I have, again, by Allah, made a name for myself. I deal with special people, companies and trusts and first rate countries. We talk about each individual, as little as I have revealed of myself, because Havila, the BIGGEST MEDICAL NEUROSURGEON on earth started it. You are leading up to him. I am an Ijebu-ode man. Though, I never lived there. But that's whats in my blood and that of my branch of the family!

My cousin, was telling me an incident she had with an attending Doctor. She told the Doctor, what level of Doctor is he wanting, that is not in my father's family. Even my grandfather was a midwife, when my aunt (ra), who, if she were alive, would be over 100 years old was a young girl. Travelling all over the Ijebu land, all the way to Ikorodu (the water sides of Ijebu). And, she is my father's younger sister!

You want to talk about achievement, by Allah, I am satisfied with my life. I do the Big things and InshaAllah, soon, you will know. Havila spoke about Abiola, yet he did not know that i am very close to a senior branch of his core family. The children, 32 and all the way down to 18 call me Dad. About Awolowo. He stole my father's property by Western region's eminent domain thiefery. Are you familiar with Liberty Stadium? I rest my case. So, I do not need anything from you or yours. I am not employed by any company in America and I did not get anything from anyone. I work for all I have. Allah has blessed me. IF you need a job, send your resume. Maybe this forum is a source of your fortune. Just maybe.

What you people in the christendom are doing, an ignorantly, not aware of it, because of your blind faith, is that you are the one forcing people to accept your Blind faith> That will not wash with any right thinking individual, specically the Muslims. You will always fail. You must know that in Islam, we are discourage to even close our eyes in Salah. The eyes are made to see and the mind to ponder along with the brain! But the christians are refusing to use any. They want us to follow them in blindness. No sir. Can't do.
What shall it profit a man if he gains the whole world and yet loose his own soul?

Vanity upon Vanity all is vanity!!!!
Re: Why Do Muslim Men Wear Long Beards? by gbadex1(m): 4:49pm On Dec 26, 2006
^ true story, mrpataki
Re: Why Do Muslim Men Wear Long Beards? by olabowale(m): 7:58pm On Dec 27, 2006
@Mrpataki; It is true. vanity upon vanity, ! But a man who calls himself pataki? Ti a ba ka eru, inu eru abaje. For me, it is the religion , Stupid. So I throw your Keep it simple stupid lingo back at you. In Islam, unlike your Pauline religion, we at least can defend ourselves with our speech or heart against our oppressors. Unlike your faking turn the other cheek mumbo jumbo.
Re: Why Do Muslim Men Wear Long Beards? by Nobody: 8:04pm On Dec 27, 2006
olabowale:

@Mrpataki; It is true. vanity upon vanity, ! But a man who calls himself pataki? Ti a ba ka eru, inu eru abaje. For me, it is the religion , Stupid. So I throw your Keep it simple stupid lingo back at you. In Islam, unlike your Pauline religion, we at least can defend ourselves with our speech or heart against our oppressors. Unlike your faking turn the other cheek mumbo jumbo.

Just to translate "bro" olabowale's diatribe:

In Islam, unlike your Pauline religion, we at least can defend ourselves with our hate, violence or malevolence against those who do not embrace our falsehood. Unlike your loving and true God who has compassion on his enemies.
Re: Why Do Muslim Men Wear Long Beards? by gbadex1(m): 10:44pm On Dec 27, 2006
@ olabs:

it is one thing to try debunking a religion, but replying posts for the sake of just replying with nothing to back it up? C'mon daddy-o, u can do better than that!

Look, i won't mince words. It won't take you anything to give Christianity a true. It won't hurt you to think critically and analyse your mind concerning Islam. Neither would it hurt to seek knowledge without bias about Christianity.
Re: Why Do Muslim Men Wear Long Beards? by mukina2: 9:15pm On Dec 28, 2006
La ilaha illa-Allah Muhammadur Rasulullah!

at the end of the day that is what matters
Re: Why Do Muslim Men Wear Long Beards? by Nobody: 9:17pm On Dec 28, 2006
So Mukina, do you agree with the idea that beards increase a man's sexual prowess? smiley
Re: Why Do Muslim Men Wear Long Beards? by mukina2: 9:26pm On Dec 28, 2006
donzman . .haa you've started on me again o

La ilaha illa-Allah Muhammadur Rasulullah!
Re: Why Do Muslim Men Wear Long Beards? by Nobody: 9:35pm On Dec 28, 2006
Peace Be Upon You!
Re: Why Do Muslim Men Wear Long Beards? by mrpataki(m): 7:41pm On Dec 29, 2006
olabowale:

My username here does not mean anything to what i represent in GOD. I have my identity in God not in the vain riches of this earth or a title to Liberty Stadium in Ibadan, or the name i use here in nairaland which is just my nickname by the way. What an idiotic response coming from a man of your age.

A religion indeed! Hope you get to know that . Next time you come here to give an irrelevent yoruba sayings please be mindful that some other users here dont understand Yoruba, so learn the manners of give the interpretation in English.

Also what relevance does the yoruba saying you spitted here got to do with all what you are saying? undecided
Re: Why Do Muslim Men Wear Long Beards? by nuru(m): 8:43pm On Dec 31, 2006
This is to invite those of you non muslims to come into Islam, the religion ordained for mankind. You will do yourself a lot of good to embrace the path of Peace and attain eternal bliss. The choice is yours.
Re: Why Do Muslim Men Wear Long Beards? by WesleyanA(f): 11:28pm On Jan 02, 2007
@celeGoodguy, why do cele people carry 'holy water, candles' and walk around barefeet in white garments? grin tongue
Re: Why Do Muslim Men Wear Long Beards? by goodguy(m): 11:34pm On Jan 02, 2007
Move to the thread. We'll discuss that there (even though those areas have been tackled already).
Re: Why Do Muslim Men Wear Long Beards? by shahan(f): 11:40pm On Jan 02, 2007
nuru:

This is to invite those of you non muslims to come into Islam, the religion ordained for mankind. You will do yourself a lot of good to embrace the path of Peace and attain eternal bliss. The choice is yours.

Nuru,

In fair exchange, here's an invitation to life: Jesus said =

"Come unto me, all ye that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest." Matt. 11:28.
Re: Why Do Muslim Men Wear Long Beards? by queen2(f): 4:28pm On Jan 03, 2007
I enjoy this thraed, but i aint contribudting, i dont want wahala

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Would You Prefer To Live In An Islamic Country? / Different Types Of Covering That Muslim Women Use / Things Your Muslim Wife Wont Tell You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 130
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.