Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,947 members, 7,817,783 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 07:32 PM

I Lied To Her And Now I Want To Marry Her (please Advise Me) - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Lied To Her And Now I Want To Marry Her (please Advise Me) (42366 Views)

Lady Caught With A Vibrator Lied To Her Mom That It Is A Massager (photos) / "Marry Her Or Go To Jail For 50years" Which Are You Picking? Twitter Thread / I Lied To My Fiancé That I Am A Virgin, My Wedding Is In December. Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Lied To Her And Now I Want To Marry Her (please Advise Me) by austinike(m): 8:33pm On Jul 05, 2016
Guy, u lack wisdom. Say father, please give me wisdom n remove d spirit of lies n deceit from me.
U think abj is d best place in Nigeria. Abi?
Re: I Lied To Her And Now I Want To Marry Her (please Advise Me) by Nobody: 8:34pm On Jul 05, 2016
engrjoseph208:
I have been a guest on nairaland for 4 years. This is my first topic here. PLEASE DO NOT READ WITHOUT GIVING YOUR COMMENT, THANKS.

In December 2014, I met this beautiful woman while I was enjoying the xmas and new year festivals with my parents in Ibadan. She is schooling here but lives in Ogun state. I never thought we could go far, so I wanted to chop and clean mouth. I was serving at the time and I told her I was serving at Abuja instead of Kwara state. After my NYSC I told her I have settled down in Abuja instead of Oyo state. I have a well-paid job and live comfortably but everything is in Oyo state and not FCT. I didn’t want her to know I am living nearby because I didn’t see a future with her at the time. She didn’t appear to me as a good girl when we met, I thought she was a runs girl but now I know I was wrong, she is even more innocent than me and she gets all I crave for in a lady. Well, I picked her up by the roadside but I didn’t get to sleep with her but we became friends and she still thinks I served, live and work in FCT. We usually see when there is a festivity or holiday like easter, xmas etc. under the pretext that I came to celebrate with my parents. Anyways, I want to propose to her now. I don’t know how to tell her the truth because we are now in love and I do not want to lose her. PLEASE NAIRALANDERS HOW DO I GO ABOUT THIS WITHOUT LOSING HER.

Ahn Ahn, are you stupid or what?

So Just to tell her that you were transferred from Abuja to Oyo is your problem?

Why do i always have the feeling the most of the post on Nairaland is staged by seun and his staffs !

Because this doesn't even sound like a problem at all, I was scared at first thinking you were Jobless. But you are not.

As long as you have a good job and you're not living comfortable and you are proposing to her, She will jump with Joy !

1 Like

Re: I Lied To Her And Now I Want To Marry Her (please Advise Me) by Anabel(f): 8:34pm On Jul 05, 2016
Simple question! If she was the one that has been lying, will you still see her git enough to be a wife material? Try sitting her down and explain everything to her, don't be surprised she has secrets of her own she's keeping.

The foundation of the relationship is based.on a lie, in my own opinion, just rule marriage out of this and try afresh with someone else by being truthful
Re: I Lied To Her And Now I Want To Marry Her (please Advise Me) by Nobody: 8:35pm On Jul 05, 2016
GSKing:

Look at you feeling all wise and superior with the rubbish you just wrote. In your head, you think you know everything about getting and keeping a woman.

A relationship started and based on lies is not going anywhere. You wouldn't be saying this trash if the spouses' role in the story was reversed. When it comes to men, all nonsense should be forgiven.

Come on, log out and don't be stupid.

Hahahahahaha grin grin grin grin
Re: I Lied To Her And Now I Want To Marry Her (please Advise Me) by gonkraziiiiii: 8:36pm On Jul 05, 2016
Ma dear its simple...jus tell her when u met her u weren't serious so u lied about somethings finking she wasn't ready to b serious but now ur ready to settle down ..work on a clean slate..jus continue ur life but if u tell her d truth it wld save u d stress of further lies aii
Re: I Lied To Her And Now I Want To Marry Her (please Advise Me) by Malawian(m): 8:45pm On Jul 05, 2016
Oga, na when you sample the lies she don yarn you, na im your eyes go clear. take this chic i am toasting (as well) grin grin she comes to my office to charge her phone. i have seen the phone ring in her absence and the caller was "my one and only" so you can understand my predicament when the phone rang another day and the caller was "my only love"

eleyi gidi gan o.

i have not even told her i know her game. i wan chop first. grin grin grin
Re: I Lied To Her And Now I Want To Marry Her (please Advise Me) by fitinwell: 8:45pm On Jul 05, 2016
engrjoseph208:
I have been a guest on nairaland for 4 years. This is my first topic here. PLEASE DO NOT READ WITHOUT GIVING YOUR COMMENT, THANKS.

In December 2014, I met this beautiful woman while I was enjoying the xmas and new year festivals with my parents in Ibadan. She is schooling here but lives in Ogun state. I never thought we could go far, so I wanted to chop and clean mouth. I was serving at the time and I told her I was serving at Abuja instead of Kwara state. After my NYSC I told her I have settled down in Abuja instead of Oyo state. I have a well-paid job and live comfortably but everything is in Oyo state and not FCT. I didn’t want her to know I am living nearby because I didn’t see a future with her at the time. She didn’t appear to me as a good girl when we met, I thought she was a runs girl but now I know I was wrong, she is even more innocent than me and she gets all I crave for in a lady. Well, I picked her up by the roadside but I didn’t get to sleep with her but we became friends and she still thinks I served, live and work in FCT. We usually see when there is a festivity or holiday like easter, xmas etc. under the pretext that I came to celebrate with my parents. Anyways, I want to propose to her now. I don’t know how to tell her the truth because we are now in love and I do not want to lose her. PLEASE NAIRALANDERS HOW DO I GO ABOUT THIS WITHOUT LOSING HER.

[size=18pt]Op dis big trouble oo.. I was once in your shoe like.. Dat.. I told the lady.. I was schoolin at high profile University.. And den i was already a graduate and working ... after 5yrs she later found out.. How she stumbled to my credentials only... I can't tell...i begged her.. Since den we have been having ups and down relationship till we broke up.. My advice is dis Tell her the truth its a game of chance.. Use it to Test her reaction.. Apologize with all sincerity.. If God is on your side den she is your wife.. If not keep searching.. [/size]

3 Likes

Re: I Lied To Her And Now I Want To Marry Her (please Advise Me) by yemmit90: 8:47pm On Jul 05, 2016
engrjoseph208:

Just tell her you've been transfared back to Oyo-State. Say the same about NYSC stuff too.

Whenever something like this happened, it's better to make a woman keep guessing about whether something is a lie or truth than to tell her the truth. Believe me, even if she accepted, you will eventually lose her because she will tell her friends, mum etc who may advise her wrongly.

2 Likes

Re: I Lied To Her And Now I Want To Marry Her (please Advise Me) by MrDoGood(m): 8:48pm On Jul 05, 2016
was once in a similar mess like this, but i'm out.

just tell her everything . not in a romantic way.
Re: I Lied To Her And Now I Want To Marry Her (please Advise Me) by Orikinla(m): 8:49pm On Jul 05, 2016
I thought you'd like this Pin on Pinterest... http://pin.it/VPt_2WZ

Re: I Lied To Her And Now I Want To Marry Her (please Advise Me) by Chilpg(m): 8:53pm On Jul 05, 2016
Lie to her again that u have been transferred to Ibadan. Period

1 Like

Re: I Lied To Her And Now I Want To Marry Her (please Advise Me) by Cybertext(m): 8:54pm On Jul 05, 2016
engrjoseph208:
PLEASE NAIRALANDERS HOW DO I GO ABOUT THIS WITHOUT LOSING HER.

OK in my opinion there are two options.
1. Tell her the truth and she might never trust you again even if she forgives you...

2. Continue with the lies by adding two more lies:
By making it look like a good breaking news tell her that you have been transferred to a branch in Oyo state from the Abuja...
and that you were actually posted to Kwara state but you redeployed to abuja during your youth service...

1 Like

Re: I Lied To Her And Now I Want To Marry Her (please Advise Me) by buksaylor001: 8:56pm On Jul 05, 2016
There is actually no truth to tell and no lies to run away from-just tell her that you have been moved to that town town and will quickly relocate,make it sound as if you are relocating in a hurry.Aftervthat seemed time of relocating ,you can now make her understand that you have really relocated and do the proposal and by that time you are now living in the new town.IF YOU DON'T KNOW HOW TO LIE,DESIST FROM IT.ONCE A LIE IS TOLD,YOU NEED SO MANY OTHER LIES TO SUPPORT IT.And you must be schooled in lies to be a pro -thank me later!
Re: I Lied To Her And Now I Want To Marry Her (please Advise Me) by bethyz(m): 8:58pm On Jul 05, 2016
There is no other thing than the truth. Tell her you never taught you would end up loving her. That you will never lie to her for for the rest of your life. But note a man once lied to me when it became serious he told me the truth I broke up with him anyway grin

2 Likes

Re: I Lied To Her And Now I Want To Marry Her (please Advise Me) by missyge(f): 8:59pm On Jul 05, 2016
engrjoseph208:

Dis one is strong o. Op u dnt hv to lie to somebdy no matter wat u think bout d persn cos u dnt knw wat is likely to happen in a twinkle of an eye. Just call n sit her dwn. Explain to her, mke her knw u nvr wanted to get serious with her but story has chnged. Apologise to her. If she loves u, she'l frgive u even though it might take a while....
Re: I Lied To Her And Now I Want To Marry Her (please Advise Me) by Nobody: 9:01pm On Jul 05, 2016
Life's like that, you lied to her in order to spare her feelings, now that you have seen the light, your deception must continue towards the light. Tell her you're moving base just to be closer to her...then go and sin no more. Shikena
Re: I Lied To Her And Now I Want To Marry Her (please Advise Me) by Nobody: 9:02pm On Jul 05, 2016
Orikinla:
I thought you'd like this Pin on Pinterest... http://pin.it/VPt_2WZ
chai, diaris godo!
Re: I Lied To Her And Now I Want To Marry Her (please Advise Me) by yemmit90: 9:02pm On Jul 05, 2016
Anabel:
Simple question! If she was the one that has been lying, will you still see her git enough to be a wife material? Try sitting her down and explain everything to her, don't be surprised she has secrets of her own she's keeping.

The foundation of the relationship is based.on a lie, in my own opinion, just rule marriage out of this and try afresh with someone else by being truthful

What will it profit him to explain everything to her and still lose her?
Re: I Lied To Her And Now I Want To Marry Her (please Advise Me) by linearity: 9:04pm On Jul 05, 2016
She might not be all that innocent as you summised, it might just be all a cover up...afterall, there are not too many 9ja girls out there, who will hitch a private ride with an NYSC guy and would not think at the back of their mind, the bliss it will be, if they get married to that individual and from that moment; they will start acting like angels.

Moreso, one lie begats another, you have lied to her and she might be lying to you as well. Maybe if you confesses, she will confess and tell that, she have you in her crosshair from the very first day you guys met and that she is not all that innocent as it seems.
Re: I Lied To Her And Now I Want To Marry Her (please Advise Me) by Nobody: 9:08pm On Jul 05, 2016
engrjoseph208:

It's simple op, tell her everything you have just told us, and you are good to go!
Re: I Lied To Her And Now I Want To Marry Her (please Advise Me) by joceey(m): 9:09pm On Jul 05, 2016
engrjoseph208:
1) I don’t know whether to tell her that I lied to her because I didn’t see us together at first (THIS IS THE TRUTH). Will she still love me like before knowing fully well this will break her heart? More worrisome is the fact that I do tell her that I have loved her since the first time we met.

2) Or maybe I should tell her that I intentionally lied because that was the only way I could date a girl in the past. That I preferred a long distance relationship while growing up. This would still hurt her when she thought about many of our gists where I pretended I was at Abuja and not Kwara state/Oyo state as the case may be.

3) I was also considering lying to her that I relocated from ABJ but my NYSC was at Kwara not FCT. No explanation to justify withholding that information for more than a year.

GUYS AND LADIES PLS HELP A BROTHER OUT. MY MIND IS IN TROUBLE AND SHE THINKS I AM FINE.

Mr man not all clothes you dry under the sun in the first place you have made a mistake by not be down to earth with her but the greatest mistake you are going to make now is by telling her you are not in Abuja but living in ibadan and secondly that you served in ilorin just skipped the serving part one side first,see neither u service in ilorin or Abuja the certificate na the same what so special about that Abi she wan dey check your certificate say na where u serve.See don't tell her u don't live in Abuja ooo u go ruin everything because if you tell her and she come accept if una marry she no go trust you wholeheartedly like that take note and just tell her they have transferred you to ibadan and you gotten a place that it's because you want to be close to her that is why you worked your transfer to ibadan and you have gotten a place where you two can start a family together.Make you hear her out after that. Goodluck bro
Re: I Lied To Her And Now I Want To Marry Her (please Advise Me) by Petroking: 9:10pm On Jul 05, 2016
Your story and what you need to do is not so hard. My idea : Tell her that you did not know you will end up doing this but you need her to know something which you feel is very important tell her that you actually work at oyo and not Abuja and the truth and tell her that you did not know why you lied to her in the first place but you are asking for her forgiveness and then propose. God help you

engrjoseph208:

Re: I Lied To Her And Now I Want To Marry Her (please Advise Me) by femi4: 9:10pm On Jul 05, 2016
engrjoseph208:

Final lie: Tell her that you ve been transferred to Oyo state

2 Likes

Re: I Lied To Her And Now I Want To Marry Her (please Advise Me) by simplekalu88(m): 9:12pm On Jul 05, 2016
them dey fear to lose woman these days? woman go, women come.
Re: I Lied To Her And Now I Want To Marry Her (please Advise Me) by Velitrace27: 9:14pm On Jul 05, 2016
engrjoseph208, what u did was wrong from the ethical view. But, by logic or reason, u are still justified by the fact that u perceived she was a street girl, and therefore, told her what pleases such types.
But, if ur claim of love for her must proved, then it ll b by telling her the whole truth with some logical explanations of ur action.
If she decides to discard u for that, then let her go. It ll simply mean that it's ABJ she loves and not u.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Lied To Her And Now I Want To Marry Her (please Advise Me) by apisadodo(m): 9:16pm On Jul 05, 2016
is only the lie that you can get your self off the hook? question which job are u doing! federal work, u r been transfer to your state? state govt work,ur former job is not paying well,so u got a good job in your state....NB this should be d 1n d last lie u will her? any other you are on your own. good luck to d lie
Re: I Lied To Her And Now I Want To Marry Her (please Advise Me) by Tunjihadeshelay(m): 9:17pm On Jul 05, 2016
Bro, if you tell her the truth, forget the proposal! If you could lied about your identity for good 4years, how will you convince her that you won't lie to her for the rest of una life together as husband and wife? Bewise mr bro$. Just keep lying to balance things up. True fact.
Re: I Lied To Her And Now I Want To Marry Her (please Advise Me) by tman14(m): 9:17pm On Jul 05, 2016
You have a problem at hand. Do not propose to her yet. Face the issues one at a time. 1st thing is to let her know u lied. Tell her u intend to be serious and will want it to lead to marriage.

Let her deal with this first before u propose.

Like others said, she might also not be truthful.

Lastly, in 90% of all proposals both already know where the relationship is heading to. The ladies are only wowed because the proposal is done when they least expected.

Don't let her uncertainty cast a psychological trauma on ur future.
Re: I Lied To Her And Now I Want To Marry Her (please Advise Me) by Climax4: 9:19pm On Jul 05, 2016
that is similar condition am into now meet this particular girl with the intention of chop and go but the girl fall in love with me I left her here in the east to west for my nysc after my service I came to east but always tell her that I'm still in the west trying to find work and as well do my masters but once I want to see her I will blow one lie of very urgent message that is bringing me east she will come and spend sometime with me till when I will tell her that I'm about going back to west. till now this girl don't know that I'm in the east since 2014 that I finished my service the worst thing is that she call me on a daily basis at times her call is a disturbance to me that I don't answer it neither did I call her back
Re: I Lied To Her And Now I Want To Marry Her (please Advise Me) by mosefin19(m): 9:21pm On Jul 05, 2016
u serve in abuja..or in kwara... wetin dat 1 mean dat u are lieing about....
just man up and tell her d truth...she will hear
Re: I Lied To Her And Now I Want To Marry Her (please Advise Me) by muller101(m): 9:23pm On Jul 05, 2016
Foundation build on lies. Op u be apc supporter?
Re: I Lied To Her And Now I Want To Marry Her (please Advise Me) by UjSizzle(f): 9:24pm On Jul 05, 2016
Jolsnow:
If the love isn't one sided believe me you have nothing to be afraid of. Tell her the truth, if she leaves she doesn't deserve you! She feels nothing!
You know nothing, Jolsnow.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Share Your Worst Ever Sexual Regret / Is It Right For A 30-Year-Old Man To Date An 18-Year-Old Girl? / Is Anything Wrong With Two Brothers Marrying From The Same Family?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.