Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,424 members, 7,815,957 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:10 PM

I'm Losing My Girlfriend Because Of My Disbelief... Am I Wrong? - Religion (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I'm Losing My Girlfriend Because Of My Disbelief... Am I Wrong? (36381 Views)

I Just Gave My Tithe To A Beggar. Was I Wrong? / I Think I'm Losing My Belief / I Don't Pay Tithes And Offerings But I Give To Anyone In Need. Am I Wrong? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'm Losing My Girlfriend Because Of My Disbelief... Am I Wrong? by Nobody: 8:53pm On Jul 07, 2016
Blaqsmith:

It's like u don't get me bro. I don't need any god. Show me the god and I'd still damn him and his f*cking hell. I just wanna be free.

I don't debate about one who calls himself almighty and can't even say "Hi"
Draw nigh to God and he will draw nigh to u
Re: I'm Losing My Girlfriend Because Of My Disbelief... Am I Wrong? by malachytochukwu(m): 8:54pm On Jul 07, 2016
Forgive me, but I must say that your problem is that you think that the worst thing to happen to human being is death, the moment you come to terms that human existence doesn't end just here the earlier you will start appreciating that God exists. By the way, have you fared better believing that there is no God?
Blaqsmith:

Thanks. But I just wanted to be free. I've been a prisoner of my own conscience deceiving her all along. She deserves to know the truth.

But why can't you date an atheist?
Why do you think dating theist is a better choice?
Where is your God when I lost my brother after fervent prayers?
What is your God doing to help the homeless and hungry children on the streets?
Re: I'm Losing My Girlfriend Because Of My Disbelief... Am I Wrong? by Blaqsmith(m): 9:05pm On Jul 07, 2016
malachytochukwu:
Forgive me, but I must say that your problem is that you think that the worst thing to happen to human being is death, the moment you come to terms that human existence doesn't end just here the earlier you will start appreciating that God exists. By the way, have you fared better believing that there is no God?
believe me, I'm at peace with my conscience and self dropping the beliefs rubbish. I'm free.
Re: I'm Losing My Girlfriend Because Of My Disbelief... Am I Wrong? by josephni12: 9:06pm On Jul 07, 2016
op are u a Nigerian because it is hard to see an atheist in Nigeria but my reply you is to ask yourself what if I believe in God even if I die and find put there isn't I've not lost but what if there is. my answer to atheist who thinks they can reason well is google this ( proofs that the bible is true) there are proofs that shows the bible is true
1 the bible for tells that the earth is spherical (it says the circle of the earth) this was long before scientists found it to be true
2 the bible also talks about God hanging the earth in nothing also scientists found this out later , these are just a little of it
Now the same bible says the fool says there is no God brother think again I will like u to watch this movie God's not dead , also don't you think there are true miracles and juju really works this is to show you that spiritual realm really exit hope u will understand

3 Likes

Re: I'm Losing My Girlfriend Because Of My Disbelief... Am I Wrong? by malachytochukwu(m): 9:06pm On Jul 07, 2016
I wish I knew you personally. Because I would like you to tell me about your conscience. Where is your concience located in your body, what makes you think you are doing the wrong thing by deceiving her. Just being curious
Blaqsmith:

Thanks bro. I just don't want it to b over between us. She's such a good girl with a good heart. Atheism just seem like evil to her. I told her to look at me and reconsider her stance. Atheists aren't all bad people just as Religious people aren't all good people.
I tried d option of deceiving her just to make her happy Buh my conscience won't let me rest
Re: I'm Losing My Girlfriend Because Of My Disbelief... Am I Wrong? by temitopeking(m): 9:06pm On Jul 07, 2016
Yaksson:

the same place He was when His only son was being nailed to a cross, my friend, life don't turn out way we want it, for the fact that u loosed a loved one even after prayers doesn't mean God is not in existence, for the fact that "innocent" kids die daily in Syria and Africa doesn't mean God is not alive. Things are allowed to happen due to many facts;
1. God has given us free will to think and do as we please other wise we become like zombies.
2. The action of man brings about consequences which God in his greatness allows such men to bare them, after all men already have the knowledge of good and evil, so we know the kind of result our carelessness could cause but we go ahead anyway, then blame God for the outcome. e.g here in Africa, leaders know that investing in power and industrialize agriculture helps an economy, they go however for an easy pick- stealing public funds, allowing the children die of hunger, when God has blessed ur land with rainfall, resources, human labour, youths carry arms even when they know its wrong, they form militia against instituted authorities, stalling development and creating massive hunger and economic meltdown. So bro don't blame God for how the world is today, and dont say there is no God cos He allowed you to free will.
3. God is loving and if u come to him, you will find peace, but it doesn't mean u won't loose a love one or face difficulties, but u will understand how to go through such.
4. world is made up matter, matter are made up of atoms, atoms are made up of electrons+protons+neutrons, wat are the electrons or protons made of? who made them? how did they come into existence? was it by chance? why is it that atoms of one type of elements are exactly same with another same element even in a different part of the world but different from that of a different element next to it? then electron is negative due to its spin why is the proton positive? you think its all by chance? or a supreme being made them all?
5. Better believe in a God and even when u die and discover non, then you won't have missed any thing, than not to believe only to die and see that there is actually one.
6. are u a moral individual? I know its yes, you don't like little kids dying, u obviously don't like abortion, u have things u consider immorai. But wait, one wat standard did u judge ur morality, since there is no God is there any need to be moral, we can live a life of lawlessness and be like Hitler, yes Hitler was an atheist so he murdered a whole tribe of Jews cos he believes no God hence no judgment after death. we can all be like him, rape any girl u see pretty, kill any man who pose a threat to your fame or wealth, don't mind the laws of the land as if u obey man and keeps his laws, you will be inferior to humans, some say we are gods ourselves and need no God, why then should u obey a human god and put ur seat belts on while u drive? why will u consider abortion wrong, wat did u use to draw ur judgments? tradition or culture? cos that varies from one person to another so wat is moral to u might be immoral to me.
7. Lastly pls do make time and search for the truth, there is only one purpose in life, to fulfill the will of the one that brought you to this world, not your parents as they and the ones before them were all brought just like you were, but the maker of heaven and earth, and all that are in it.

This is the full text. comprehensive n completed... gbam

2 Likes

Re: I'm Losing My Girlfriend Because Of My Disbelief... Am I Wrong? by malachytochukwu(m): 9:08pm On Jul 07, 2016
OK, good luck
Blaqsmith:

believe me, I'm at peace with my conscience and self dropping the beliefs rubbish. I'm free.
Re: I'm Losing My Girlfriend Because Of My Disbelief... Am I Wrong? by Strawman: 9:09pm On Jul 07, 2016
Mr. Blaqsmith I would like to point out that letting her go is for the best. If you intended on marrying her in the future, just think about the loads of problems a home divided between atheism and Christianity could face from time to time. You people would have different perspectives on things, different morals etc. Think about how it would affect the children who may be divided on whether taking mummy or daddy's side. At worst, it could lead to a broken home in future.

Choosing to become an atheist was your own decision, you knew what you were getting yourself into; so you should be willing to face the problems that come with it already...just like this one.

Find an atheist girlfriend or someone who doesn't care about her spouse's religion.

2 Likes

Re: I'm Losing My Girlfriend Because Of My Disbelief... Am I Wrong? by matrix600(m): 9:09pm On Jul 07, 2016
davien:
Blaqsmith, she values religion over the relationship so why go on with it?.. it's either she loves you for who you are or it's over.

It might seem like she's the only girl for you but trust me, there are others who'll accept and even be thankful that you hold such a stance..

You can still try to show her why you're an atheist... I'd suggest you pick up all the articles, videos and any information that is relevant to atheism and just educate her...if she wants to even consider understanding it that is.
I doubt no amount of videos can convince her, i'm also in the same situation as the OP, the girl i love just wont budge. She's scared of what people would say. It takes a questioning mind to step out of religion, if she's not the type then its impossible to win her over. My advice to the OP...do like i did.. Accept the possibility of not being with her, and dont hold anything against her, just be friends with her and not try to convince her. Let your light shine on its own into her life. Its the price you pay for being who you are, for freedom.
Why am I quoting davien?

1 Like

Re: I'm Losing My Girlfriend Because Of My Disbelief... Am I Wrong? by oshaosha2014(m): 9:17pm On Jul 07, 2016
you simply have not done your homework well. do you know that "God does not exist" could also be a lie are you saying your believe as an atheist is not also causing division why do you want the whole world to believe there's no God? because u can't see him or feel his presence do you believe there's air?? can you see air?
cloudgoddess:
I am truly sad to read this.

One of the worst aspects of religion is the disgusting and unnecessary divisiveness it causes between people who would otherwise be perfectly compatible. The deep brainwashing that religion requires to thrive makes people believe they truly can not be with a "non-(insert your favorite brand of dogma here)" and experience lasting love and happiness.

What they don't realize is that the ONLY difference between them and an atheist is that they've unquestioningly accepted lies disguised as truth, while the atheist has come to recognize the farce and call it what it is.

Every single feature that makes us human - our capacity to feel pain and joy, our desire for connection, our blood and veins and cellular machinery - is shared between a religious person and an atheist. The ONLY dividing agent here is stupid ideas that have persisted for far too long.

All I can say OP is that I'm genuinely sorry for your predicament. I'm sending compassion your way.

And to all the Christians in this thread basically shrugging and insinuating it's his fault, turn around and look at your "faith" and what it causes. Anything that thrives on division and "us vs. them" is very likely a LIE. Anything that has to be taken on faith rather than solid evidence is very likely a LIE. Anything that requires childhood indoctrination and brainwashing to succeed is very likely a LIE. You are happily watching relationships crumble over lies that you've been brainwashed with & have refused to examine critically. Clap for yourselves.

2 Likes

Re: I'm Losing My Girlfriend Because Of My Disbelief... Am I Wrong? by goodnewscliff(m): 9:21pm On Jul 07, 2016
Blaqsmith:

Thanks. But I just wanted to be free. I've been a prisoner of my own conscience deceiving her all along. She deserves to know the truth.

didNT dat SAME GOD ALLOW HIS SON TO SUFFER AND DIE 4 THE SINS HE DIDNT COMMIT?? DONT BLAME God 4 HUMAN SUFFERING AS WE OURSELVES ARE OUR OWN PROBLEM...GOD PERMITS AND ALLOW THINGS TO HAPPEN DOESNOT MEAN HE IS THE CAUSE..AND HE IS not TO BE BLAMED
Re: I'm Losing My Girlfriend Because Of My Disbelief... Am I Wrong? by Rapsino(m): 9:24pm On Jul 07, 2016
Blaqsmith:
I am bringing up this issue here because I don't trust the environment I live and the people I co-habit with. They would open up the bible for me than tell me some truth I need to hear or advise me to go for brain evaluation. I am well ok.

I've been an atheist for some years now, but due to beliefs of people around, I make it a closed affair. Though I raised questions which theists always fail to convincingly answer, I still agree with them that there is god.

I live in this denial of who I am just to satisfy my loved ones and make them happy. They see atheist as a mad man.

All these years, this is what I battle inside of me, but what choice do I have than just to play along? I don't wanna lose loved ones 'cause of my belief.

I muster some courage and decided to reveal my real self to my girlfriend who is also religious. She's told me her love for me is unconditional and I tried to believe her.

She went berserk when I told her am an atheist... She wouldn't just believe it. Since then, she's been looking at me like I'm under some spell.

I'm losing her and I don't ever wanna lose her. If for anything, not because I don't believe there is God who looks by while toddlers die.

I laf u. since you r an atheist why do u seek advice from people that worship God.? you should have kept it to urslf. better think deep.
Re: I'm Losing My Girlfriend Because Of My Disbelief... Am I Wrong? by goodnewscliff(m): 9:26pm On Jul 07, 2016
VampireeM:

I dont judge atheists cause I believe he/she must ve a reason for being one.

I cant marry an atheist cause I believe in God and its important to me I marry someone who doesnt just believe in the existence of God but also God fearing because thats the foundation I want my family to be built on and also we get to encourage each other in our faith esp during travails.

I'm sorry about the loss of your brother and I know you feel cause I too ve felt and asked same questions BUT I remembered so many other things ve asked God for that he did even the ones I didnt ask and I knew that God is Mystery, faithful and his ways are not the ways of man. Maybe it was your brother's appointed time and according to christian doctrine each man has it own appointed time and would surely die.. Sometimes we dont need to ask questions, we just need to ve FAITH.

Even when Jesus was on earth there we still hungry and homeless people. To We God has given, we are expected to give and help those who are less privledged just like the Story of Lazarus and the Rich man from the bible. Its God's own way to create a balance amongst his creation IMO.

Christianity is surrounded by mysteries which the human mind cannot comprehend. I laugh when people become atheist just to get their questions answered funny enough they get confused the more.
hey.....u re so nailing it on God....THERE AINT ANYTHING LIKE SOMEONES APPOINTED TIME TO DIE...;that would paint God who is far from wickedness black...WHAT OF ABORTED BABIES? Accident ?? HIV PATIENT WHEN GOD DETEST PREMARITAL SEX?? We are the cause of our own problem not GOD SO DONT BLAME HIM PLSSSSSSS....GOD AND CHRISTAINITY AINT A MISERY....God could be so close to anyone even more than a friend...his ways, standards, principles are written in the bible...i dont see any mystery in dat If u wanna knw more about GOD JUST READ UR BIBLE....its GODS WORD AND NOT DIFFICULT TO UNDERSTAND

1 Like

Re: I'm Losing My Girlfriend Because Of My Disbelief... Am I Wrong? by RALPHOW(m): 9:26pm On Jul 07, 2016
Blaqsmith:

Where is your God when I lost my brother after fervent prayers? Ml

May be you will be happy if your brother ran mad instead of death
Do you blame a barber for allowing Prof Soyinka bear bear grow beyond your expectation. You talk about the hungry, do you expect God to give us land and rain and still come down to plan corn and yam for us. Don't be stupid hunger and poverty is human choice because of greed and mis management. If you leave food for your children and the eldest share the food with his girl friend, people should blame you abi? Please grow up!!!

3 Likes

Re: I'm Losing My Girlfriend Because Of My Disbelief... Am I Wrong? by Nobody: 9:41pm On Jul 07, 2016
I love you for this wonderful post!
Thanks a bunch!
Yaksson:

the same place He was when His only son was being nailed to a cross, my friend, life don't turn out way we want it, for the fact that u loosed a loved one even after prayers doesn't mean God is not in existence, for the fact that "innocent" kids die daily in Syria and Africa doesn't mean God is not alive. Things are allowed to happen due to many facts;
1. God has given us free will to think and do as we please other wise we become like zombies.
2. The action of man brings about consequences which God in his greatness allows such men to bare them, after all men already have the knowledge of good and evil, so we know the kind of result our carelessness could cause but we go ahead anyway, then blame God for the outcome. e.g here in Africa, leaders know that investing in power and industrialize agriculture helps an economy, they go however for an easy pick- stealing public funds, allowing the children die of hunger, when God has blessed ur land with rainfall, resources, human labour, youths carry arms even when they know its wrong, they form militia against instituted authorities, stalling development and creating massive hunger and economic meltdown. So bro don't blame God for how the world is today, and dont say there is no God cos He allowed you to free will.
3. God is loving and if u come to him, you will find peace, but it doesn't mean u won't loose a love one or face difficulties, but u will understand how to go through such.
4. world is made up matter, matter are made up of atoms, atoms are made up of electrons+protons+neutrons, wat are the electrons or protons made of? who made them? how did they come into existence? was it by chance? why is it that atoms of one type of elements are exactly same with another same element even in a different part of the world but different from that of a different element next to it? then electron is negative due to its spin why is the proton positive? you think its all by chance? or a supreme being made them all?
5. Better believe in a God and even when u die and discover non, then you won't have missed any thing, than not to believe only to die and see that there is actually one.
6. are u a moral individual? I know its yes, you don't like little kids dying, u obviously don't like abortion, u have things u consider immorai. But wait, one wat standard did u judge ur morality, since there is no God is there any need to be moral, we can live a life of lawlessness and be like Hitler, yes Hitler was an atheist so he murdered a whole tribe of Jews cos he believes no God hence no judgment after death. we can all be like him, rape any girl u see pretty, kill any man who pose a threat to your fame or wealth, don't mind the laws of the land as if u obey man and keeps his laws, you will be inferior to humans, some say we are gods ourselves and need no God, why then should u obey a human god and put ur seat belts on while u drive? why will u consider abortion wrong, wat did u use to draw ur judgments? tradition or culture? cos that varies from one person to another so wat is moral to u might be immoral to me.
7. Lastly pls do make time and search for the truth, there is only one purpose in life, to fulfill the will of the one that brought you to this world, not your parents as they and the ones before them were all brought just like you were, but the maker of heaven and earth, and all that are in it.
Re: I'm Losing My Girlfriend Because Of My Disbelief... Am I Wrong? by Blaqsmith(m): 9:42pm On Jul 07, 2016
RALPHOW:

Do you blame a barber for allowing Prof Soyinka bear bear grow beyond your expectation. You talk about the hungry, do you expect God to give us land and rain and still come down to plan corn and yam for us. Don't be stupid hunger and poverty is human choice because of greed and mis management. If you leave food for your children and the eldest share the food with his girl friend, people should blame you abi? Please grow up!!!
Read the poo you typed up there and tell me why I should share ur god belief...
are u guys so lost in religion that you've lost a touch of humanity

are u m.ad

1 Like

Re: I'm Losing My Girlfriend Because Of My Disbelief... Am I Wrong? by goodnewscliff(m): 9:42pm On Jul 07, 2016
RALPHOW:

smokers die of cigar, na GOD...them abort unwanted pregnacy, them wan come talk say na the pikin wey dem abort appointed time to die when God hate pre marital sex Driver die 4 accident becos he no wan repair hin brake wey spoil...na him appointed time to die b dat PEOPLE SHUD STOP BLAMING GOD 4 THEIR OWN ERROR JOOR...WE RE OUR OWN PROBLEM

1 Like

Re: I'm Losing My Girlfriend Because Of My Disbelief... Am I Wrong? by Nobody: 9:47pm On Jul 07, 2016
I've gotten tired of convincing Atheists that There is a God, these days, I just prove to them that Juju works, the next thing they will say is that it is perfected illusion. But it's said 'Who no come, no go know' they want to see before they believe. I don't blame them. I blame the demons in control of their lives
josephni12:
op are u a Nigerian because it is hard to see an atheist in Nigeria but my reply you is to ask yourself what if I believe in God even if I die and find put there isn't I've not lost but what if there is. my answer to atheist who thinks they can reason well is google this ( proofs that the bible is true) there are proofs that shows the bible is true
1 the bible for tells that the earth is spherical (it says the circle of the earth) this was long before scientists found it to be true
2 the bible also talks about God hanging the earth in nothing also scientists found this out later , these are just a little of it
Now the same bible says the fool says there is no God brother think again I will like u to watch this movie God's not dead , also don't you think there are true miracles and juju really works this is to show you that spiritual realm really exit hope u will understand
Re: I'm Losing My Girlfriend Because Of My Disbelief... Am I Wrong? by cooluc(f): 9:49pm On Jul 07, 2016
Blaqsmith:

It's like u don't get me bro. I don't need any god. Show me the god and I'd still damn him and his f*cking hell. I just wanna be free.

I don't debate about one who calls himself almighty and can't even say "Hi"

My dear how did you feel after typing those words..the answer to whether there is God or not is deep within in your heart..you will get it some day. I don't think you need any one to convince you or talk you out of it. Religion as it may itsnt the ish here, it's all about KNOWING God for who He is, cos christ didn't die to give us religion.
Re: I'm Losing My Girlfriend Because Of My Disbelief... Am I Wrong? by goodnewscliff(m): 9:51pm On Jul 07, 2016
josephni12:
I KNOW MY BROTHER WHEN I SEE ONE(JWIT)....WHAT CONGREGATION BRO?? @
Re: I'm Losing My Girlfriend Because Of My Disbelief... Am I Wrong? by Blaqsmith(m): 9:52pm On Jul 07, 2016
cooluc:

My dear how did you feel after typing those words..the answer to whether there is God or not is deep within in your heart..you will get it some day. I don't think you need any one to convince you or talk you out of it. Religion as it may itsnt the ish here, it's all about KNOWING God for who He is, cos christ didn't die to give us religion.
I feel free. I hope you get to know someday that religion is all a lie. You must be a good person and I wanna believe you are not good because of the promise of heaven or threat of hell. Religion wouldn't make you more good.

I hope you know the truth someday.

1 Like

Re: I'm Losing My Girlfriend Because Of My Disbelief... Am I Wrong? by Nobody: 9:56pm On Jul 07, 2016
Haven't you noticed that all these Atheists are just demon possessed humans who are looking for every opportunity to fault God?

You claim God doesn't exist, yet you call him wicked, How can a being that doesn't exist be wicked?

You claim God doesn't exist and you say he raped Mary, so what's that?

You claim God doesn't exist, yet you say Christ wasted his life on the cross

You say the Bible is a contradictry novel and you still draw quotations from it to fault God.

It's clearly obvious that Jesus is the Truth, The Way and The life and the demons are out in human flesh to fault his existence just to draw more souls to hell.

You promote Pre marital sex, masturbation, lying and you say you have a conscience. Why contradicting yourself?

3 Likes

Re: I'm Losing My Girlfriend Because Of My Disbelief... Am I Wrong? by Miona: 9:58pm On Jul 07, 2016
@ OP; read Psalms 14 verse 1, and Psalms 53:1 then make your choice. I'll still suggest you stop seeking for approval from NLs, let her be and I pray that God will show Himself to you as He did to Saul renamed Paul (Acts 9:1-22)[color=#000099][/color]

3 Likes

Re: I'm Losing My Girlfriend Because Of My Disbelief... Am I Wrong? by Begonia(m): 9:59pm On Jul 07, 2016
To be honest, I kind of believe this isn't about your girlfriend. It's just another thread opened by a so called atheist to purport the usual "theists are dumb, we are smart".. Lol!

By the way, there are no atheists in Nigeria ..okay maybe few but the majority are just misotheists. This misotheism is a result of the hardship brought about by the failure of the government and inability to stand up for yourselves. This is also the main cause of religious fanaticism in Nigeria and most countries plagued by incompetent leaders.

I've met quite a number of atheists and in fact had one as a housemate in my first year in uni, eventually became good friends. He's Irish, very self-possessed. He didn't spend his time trying so hard to convince everyone of "the foolishness of the religious."
Most atheists that I know are cool and comfortable with themselves and everyone around them. This is different from the typical Nigerian "atheist" who seems to be drenched in some form of past bitterness and bile.

Personally, I think everyone's belief.. or lack of it should be respected. If it's not harming anyone, why should it be a bother? Irrespective of religious beliefs, we all have brains. We all have hearts. Most of us have common sense. These are very important for peaceful and respectful coexistence.

Now, I don't feel the need to comment on the main topic (pseudo grin) because the solution is staring the op in the face.

PS. I'm a christian and very thankful smiley

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm Losing My Girlfriend Because Of My Disbelief... Am I Wrong? by angiography(m): 10:00pm On Jul 07, 2016
VampireeM:

I dont judge atheists cause I believe he/she must ve a reason for being one.

I cant marry an atheist cause I believe in God and its important to me I marry someone who doesnt just believe in the existence of God but also God fearing because thats the foundation I want my family to be built on and also we get to encourage each other in our faith esp during travails.

I'm sorry about the loss of your brother and I know you feel cause I too ve felt and asked same questions BUT I remembered so many other things ve asked God for that he did even the ones I didnt ask and I knew that God is Mystery, faithful and his ways are not the ways of man. Maybe it was your brother's appointed time and according to christian doctrine each man has it own appointed time and would surely die.. Sometimes we dont need to ask questions, we just need to ve FAITH.

Even when Jesus was on earth there we still hungry and homeless people. To We God has given, we are expected to give and help those who are less privledged just like the Story of Lazarus and the Rich man from the bible. Its God's own way to create a balance amongst his creation IMO.

Christianity is surrounded by mysteries which the human mind cannot comprehend. I laugh when people become atheist just to get their questions answered funny enough they get confused the more.

please, where and how can I meet and marry a lady like you!

you're like a light tonight.
Re: I'm Losing My Girlfriend Because Of My Disbelief... Am I Wrong? by kemzyAjaks(f): 10:00pm On Jul 07, 2016
Blaqsmith....there's God...it is He who created rhe heavens and the earthand all that's in it,.…He is the Most Merciful, the Most Compassionate.. …likewise He is the Honorer and Dishonorer...He brings the living out of the dead and the dead out of the living.…He is the First and the Last...meaning He is the One who would assemble us all after we're dead. The liar and the thief would not go unpunished... Do you think those who do evil in this world and succeed and would not be called to account? My dear, trials come and they make us see His wonders...His existence , being and doings are mysteries..Every happenings come from Him. He is Supreme...it may be that He did it to prevent a worse scenario that you do not know about. Put your trust in Him and feel the sweetness of serving Him..…if you're confused about a particular doctrine, repent and pray to Him to show you the way...put sentiments aside and learn about other religion that wouldn't tell you distress is from man.My dear...the hereafter is eternal...imagine each grain of sand on the desert land as 1000 years ...I pray He leads you aright
Re: I'm Losing My Girlfriend Because Of My Disbelief... Am I Wrong? by cooluc(f): 10:04pm On Jul 07, 2016
Blaqsmith:

I feel free. I hope you get to know someday that religion is all a lie. You must be a good person and I wanna believe you are not good because of the promise of heaven or threat of hell. Religion wouldn't make you more good.

I hope you know the truth someday.
Open your eyes and look around you, look beyond the ills but His creatures and get inspired, don't let lies!! Creep into your being and snatch your conviction..mind you it isn't about religion....it is HIS awesome presence, it's a state you see your self in not a tittle 'of being a Christian' or 'religious' it's well with you
Re: I'm Losing My Girlfriend Because Of My Disbelief... Am I Wrong? by allanphash7(m): 10:06pm On Jul 07, 2016
Gbayi omo iya mi

There are over 1000 religion in the world and no one kick against love
Welcomme:
Thia is one atheist I like even though we dont share d same belief but we go d same way in doing our belief. U will hardly see him insulting others religions or d religious ones. He is not obsessed about d religious ones. U wont even know he is one. Allanpash baba notin do u
Re: I'm Losing My Girlfriend Because Of My Disbelief... Am I Wrong? by Blade21: 10:07pm On Jul 07, 2016
Blaqsmith:

sweet your brother didn't die becuase God didnt answer you Jr died becuase he spoke but you were upset with your brother's health to listen am truly sorry about that big hugs, as for the children God can't come down to earth and start working that's y he created me and you we are gods on earth so dear start from your neighbourhood in your own little way help that child without slippers, help the hungry child that way you play your Godly roles please be happy and fine she won't leave you

1 Like

Re: I'm Losing My Girlfriend Because Of My Disbelief... Am I Wrong? by spenpe: 10:12pm On Jul 07, 2016
Blaqsmith:

Believe it or not God exists no matter the circumstances. He's God. Pls don't let your hurt /pain make you think there's no God. Cos he exists beyond reasonable doubt.
Re: I'm Losing My Girlfriend Because Of My Disbelief... Am I Wrong? by goodnewscliff(m): 10:12pm On Jul 07, 2016
cloudgoddess:

Imagine a child who is born into a family that thinks unicorns are real and worships them. From the age of 1, the child is constantly bombarded with messages from the people he trusts, that if he talks to the unicorns, they will grant him favor. Every positive thing that happens to the child, is attributed to unicorns by his parents and family and friends, until eventually the child begins to "talk to" and "hear" the unicorns himself. Eventually, he truly believes that these unicorns are real and responsible for every good thing in his life.

Your claim that "god doesn't speak to people who are unconvinced of his existence" is precisely correct. Read this sentence carefully please: "GOD" only "speaks" to people who have already been psychologically indoctrinated to believe that he is real. Once that occurs, CONFIRMATION BIAS takes care of the rest.

Confirmation bias is the psychological tendency to only seek out explanations that confirm previously existing ideas. If a person has been previously indoctrinated to think that Yahweh is the one true god, he will then carry on his life attributing everything to this god. If a person has been indoctrinated with Krishna the Hindu God, he'll be attributing things to Krishna. So is the same for EVERY RELIGION THAT EXISTS OR HAS EVER EXISTED (4,000 and counting. and no, Christianity isn't even close to being the first). NO HINDU will ever tell you he talked to Yahweh, just like no Christian will ever tell you he heard Buddha speak to him.

It's all psychological manipulation and brainwashing - THAT is what keeps religion alive. Wake up.
seriouslyu ve typed Craps...... if u study and read about himan DNA, the PRECISENESS AND CORRECTNESS OF PLANET EARTH, ITS ORBIT ROUND THE SUN, THE SELF PROTECTIVE POWER OF THE EARTH FROM SPACE HAZARD LIKE METEORS AND ASTERIODS , THE SELF SUFFICIENCY OF EARTH , THE INSTINT OF SOME ANIMALS LIKE ANTS LIZARDS BIRDS, PHOTOSYNTHESIS, OXYGEN AND CARBON DIOXIDE CIRCLE, THE HUMAN BRAIN , THE SUN , DIFFERENT VARIETIES OF FOOD , ANIMALS ,TASTES..TO MENTION BUT SO FEW........U WOULD BE A FOOOLLLLLLL TO CONCLUDE THAT THERES NO GOD EVEN FROM THE THINGS HE HAS MADE
Re: I'm Losing My Girlfriend Because Of My Disbelief... Am I Wrong? by freshcvvs: 10:15pm On Jul 07, 2016
I can bet that the OP is 90% more behaved, cultured, respectful, honest than most of the people castigating him, yet they think they are the ones to make heaven and hell or whatever for the OP.

Nigerians and hypocrisy.. believing in God, yet living a fake life worse than that of pagans or whoever they call ungodly.

mtcheewww

4 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Types Of People You Will Meet At The Experience 2017 In Lagos / Is Pastor Kumuyi Our Best Holiness Preacher? / TB Joshua's Birthday Celebration In South Africa (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 159
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.