Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,603 members, 7,809,191 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:09 AM

Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. - Romance (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. (192877 Views)

What's The craziest Thing Someone Has Ever Done For You Out Of Love? / At The Valley Of Decisions / Love Letter (clash Of Love)season 1, Episode 5,6,7,8,9,10 Story By Samuel Odamah (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (33) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by Maryclaire1(f): 10:01pm On Oct 21, 2016
Lovely!!!! Lovely!!! Lovely!!! ma'am but still some stuff i'm not yet cleared on..following tho....thumbs up wink
Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by PamelB(f): 12:13am On Oct 22, 2016
I was downing my fifth shot when I heard the knock. I didn't know where it was coming from but all I knew was that it was disturbing my quiet time. I stood up to go to the door but my legs gave way and I slumped on the ground.

*****************"***************

My eyes were closed but I was hearing them right. They were arguing over someone getting drunk and falling down. I recognised William's voice, that of Lois, Tobe......

I quickly opened my eyes to embrace my boyfriend but I saw Claire perched beside him. There was concern in his eyes but I looked away immediately.

Lois came and rubbed my head. We were in my room.

Lois: Baby what happened? You would have at least waited for me to get here.

A tear slid down to my ear.

Claire: Lois, do you know something? Please tell us. What's wrong with her?

I pleaded with Lois using my eyes not to say anything to them. William who has been silent spoke up for the first time;

Will: You look like you could use a cuddle.

I nodded and he came to me, he helped me raise my head and placed it on his laps. Just as i was about to look up, Tobe looked away.

Lois: Baby, are you alright?

Will: She will be. Trust me.

Lois flashed him a weak smile and picked up her handbag

Lois: William, please I'm leaving her to your care tonight. I'll come back with the girls before I go to school tomorrow. Take care of her for me please.

Claire: But you know I'll take care of her.

Lois: Don't bother Claire. You've got a guest so take care of him.

Tobe: Ehm..... I'll be leaving tonight. Won't be spending the night.

Claire: Come on baby. You....

Lois: William, I trust you'll take care of her.

William: Lois she'll be fine. Get going before it gets darker.

Lois leaned into me and kissed my forehead.

Lois: You're a strong woman Pamela. You'll pull through, trust me.

I let myself breakdown as she walked out of my room. Tobe excused himself too and Claire followed. William pulled me into his arms and I let myself fall in, taking in his scent and thanking God for giving me such a wonderful friend.

Will: You....

Me: He had called to know my location, only to come here and be with his girlfriend.

Will: They've been dating b4 now?

I took time to narrate what happened the day he'd seen her picture on my phone, the cancelled visit, then today.

Will: I thought he was man enough to be regarded as one. I'm so disappointed.

Me: I don't know what my crime is, why destiny will keep making a mockery out of me. Why me? First it was Franca, now, Claire, my friends, oh goodness......

I was shut up by the opening of the door, then.....

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by Vickiey192(f): 1:09am On Oct 22, 2016
Nice update can't wait for the next episode
Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by purityval(m): 4:26am On Oct 22, 2016
Nice one dear, keep them coming.

Sent you a mail.
Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by PamelB(f): 6:01am On Oct 22, 2016
purityval:
Nice one dear, keep them coming.

Sent you a mail.
awww. so sorry my love. My email isn't registered on my phone so I don't normally get notifications. if you use bbm, let's chat over there 5BFEBFBD
Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by dharmybayor: 8:48am On Oct 22, 2016
Well done Pamela, am loving your story,please keep it rolling.
Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by Rhayne(f): 9:31am On Oct 22, 2016
Pamelb ...your updates are showin evidence of recession,too short. Biko try n make longer updates. I know it aint easy,but just try

1 Like

Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by CasidyG(m): 2:22pm On Oct 22, 2016
PamelB...well done ok. Like I sd b4, u'r an embodiment of wisdom nd u just expressed it by pretending u don't knw Tobe....never blvd dat d guy z such a cheat...I tire o
Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by PamelB(f): 5:56pm On Oct 22, 2016
Rhayne:
Pamelb ...your updates are showin evidence of recession,too short. Biko try n make longer updates. I know it aint easy,but just try
check the time of the update. My eyes were heavy with sleep yet I put up with that.
Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by PamelB(f): 7:30pm On Oct 22, 2016
Tobe's head popped in and William sprang up immediately, throwing me off without knowing.

William: You'll be gentleman enough to leave her alone right?

There was anger in his voice and I knew he was also sharing in my pain.

Tobe: Please, let me just talk to her.

William folded his arms below his chest and gave him a mock posture.

Will: And your girlfriend?

I watched his eyes lower to the ground before he breathed the words out.

Tobe: She went out to get something.

William came to me and squatted. I held his hand as if it'll stop what I'm feeling inside.

Will: Baby!

And he pecked my forehead, holding my head like it was glass.
Again, I let the tears fall, staining his shirt with my tears but he didn't push me away. It was Tobe's voice that did.

Tobe: Please!

It took that word to let William release me. He looked at me with concern

Will: You know you can always refuse right? But just see him for a minute or two, so you'll hear what his reasons are.

While he spoke, his hands held my arms in form of consolation.
I nodded then he walked out, stopping in front of Tobe to say something I didn't hear.

Tobe: Can i come to you?

I shook my head, refusing such tempting offer.

Me: Just......stand there.

I spoke in between sobs.

Tobe: Baby I'm sorry. I didn't know it'll get to these, I was just......

He spanked his forehead slightly and started walking slowly, each step coming closer to my bed.

Tobe: But I love you Pamela. You're my life. I know I messed up. I went to her school with a couple of friends and I just had to flow.

Now, he was standing at the foot of my bed and I knew he must come to that bed, I knew he would run his hands down my body, I knew I would let him do that and worst still, I knew Claire would catch us and she'll hurt me......

Tobe: Baby, I'm....

Me: Don't come an inch closer. Get out.

He looked surprised and his silence gave me the opportunity to sit up.

Me: All I ever did was love you. I gave you myself, I gave you my life, Tobechukwu why did you choose to hurt me in an unpleasant manner? I wouldn't do that to you considering the kind of love I have for you. But you know what, I'm not going to fight for this love, because Claire's infidelity and lifestyle is enough punishment for you already. For now, get out.

I carried my weak frame to the door and opened it wide, giving him a gesture to walk out.

Tobe: Queency

Me: Get out.

I raised my voice a little and called out to William who came to me that instant, asking me if everything was alright.

Me: Ask this cheating, lying, backstabbing fool to leave my room.

That was what it took to get Tobe walking out. I went into Williams' open arms and cried myself to sleep.

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by gentlebeeholar(f): 12:16am On Oct 23, 2016
Thanks for the update. God bless u
Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by Tgold1(m): 2:18am On Oct 23, 2016
Kasa
Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by PamelB(f): 3:20pm On Oct 23, 2016
William: So, where do we go?

I paused for a while, thinking of the places I had wanted to go with my boyfriend. We were at William's apartment and resting after eating beans and roasted plantain (bought out of course). It's been three days since I found out the relationship between Tobe and Claire and believe you me, it's being three tear filled days. I had locked myself up, refused to speak with my friends, Claire herself had been worried, she kept sending messages, asking me to open the door and tell her what's eating me up. My cheating ex has also being calling but who sigh? It was the third day after that William got me out actually. I didn't know he always sat in my sitting room, waiting to know if I'll come out by chance. That day, I looked at my room which was littered with empty cans of water and decided to do something. I'll take them out to the kitchen, refill them and bring it back to refrigerate in my room. I got out of the room with my arms filled to the brim with cans when I saw him. He was sitting on my favourite couch with his hands clamped to his fine jaw as if he were praying, but he wasn't. He had his eyes on me but still looked quite calm and handsome.

That moment, my legs felt weak and I had to struggle with the cans just to get hold of myself. What was happening to me?
He stood up and walked towards me in slow steps. I let the cans drop and they scattered to different directions in the sitting room.

Will: Baby look at you.

He enveloped me in his arms and I felt like paper. I couldn't stop my hands from going round his body as I sniffed in his scent. He smelled good. He released me and I pulled away, doing a double check if I should pick the cans or just walk back to my room.

Will: Look at yourself, what are you doing to yourself?

I shook my head and the first tear dropped, running down my cheek and stopping just on top of my upper lips, tingling it before it went down a little to my open mouth. I closed my mouth and tasted the salty evidence of my weakness.

Will: Staying in the confines of your room won't help you. You need to come out of your misery and move on with your beautiful life.

He came closer and held my arms, causing me to look up at him.

Will; Pamela, you are beautiful, you're intelligent, you've got a good heart, why let some people with ill luck turn you into a sadist? Why let them break you? Pamela look, you've got a long life ahead of you, why let this one thing kill you?

He stopped, then pulled me to a chair and I sat like a zombie, allowing his words to sink in.

Will: So what if you've spent a year with him? A year is nothing compared to the years ahead which you're trying to destroy now. So what again if you love him? He didn't deserve you, he doesn't know what he lost by going for someone else after you gave him your loyalty. It shouldn't be you who should cry or bother yourself. It should be that guy. He's the one who should lock himself indoors for days and cry bitterly for letting this precious one go.

I went into his arms, embracing him and crying my heart out. He let me, brushing my tattered weavon with his hands. After he his given me time to shower, he helped me to rearrange my scattered room, after which we left for his apartment. Leonard had travelled to see his sick mum so I was left all alone with him, but I knew I was safe.

Me: Let's go to villa toskana. Heard Flavour will be performing tonight.

Will: It was yesterday.

Me: What? I missed that?

He nodded and I frowned.

Will: We'll go see a movie. Which do you prefer, romance or horror.

I rolled my eyes and stuck out my tongue.

Me: Horror please. It's best for the mood.

Will: Fine. 7pm then. For now, let's play scrabbles.

My phone rang and I looked at it. Lois.

Me: Hello.

Lois: Finally.

I heard some voices in the background and I knew she was with Cynthia and Vanessa.

Lois: We were worried you'll kill yourself. Can we come to the house now?

Me: Thank you Lois. You're really a good friend. My regards to the girls.

Lois: Hmmm. Where are you? Because you're sounding so not roomlike.

Now I wonder where in the dictionary I can locate "roomlike"

Me: I'm with William. He's really a husband material.

I heard William giggle like a girl and I smiled.

Lois: Wow. Girls, your girl is already thinking of another guy.

I heard them laugh and I joined.

Lois: Glad that you're coming out of your torment. Let's not take your time. We'll talk later okay.

Me: Thank you Lois. I love you girls.

Lois: And we love you more. Don't worry, we'll deal with those two in our own ways alright?

Me: Now don't start. I'll see you girls tomorrow.

Lois: Be safe my friend and let William dig you down there.

She hung up before I could reply. I turned to William who was arranging the Scrabble. He had a smile plastered on his face and I couldn't help but smile.

That night turned out to be one of my best nights. William is everything Tobe isn't. He knew the right words to use at the right time. He knew the right answer to every question and whenever a call came to his phone, he'll tell the person that he's having a good time with his girl. We took pictures and posted on Facebook and Instagram and I knew I was open to queries.

As he walked me into my sitting room at exactly 12:10am, all I wanted was for him to walk me to my room and dig me hard like Lois had said. I've never seen such gentleness and show of love.

Me: I'll go straight to bed now. Thank you very much Will

Will: Anything for you my love.

I watched him leave before locking the door. If only I had met him before Tobe.

Claire's door opened and she came out in a towel.
She came straight to me and hugged me tightly

Claire: Thank God I've seen you Pamela, what happened to you?

Me: Relationship issues. My boyfriend broke up with me, then seeing you all lovey dovey with yours got back this feeling. I'm sorry for getting you worried.

She hugged me again and this time, I returned the hug.

Claire: Boys don't need to be loved, you just need what's between their legs and pocket. Me, I just need what's between their legs and I'm sure that's the only thing you need from them. We, you and I are already made so screw them.

I heaved a sigh and forced a laugh.

Me: Thank you Claire.

Claire: Anyways, sorry about your breakup.

I nodded.

Claire: Was busy with some hot guy before I heard the door click. Will see you tomorrow morning.

Me: Claire. Your boyfriend......

Claire: Forget him babe. I just need him for show offs.

She started walking away.

Me: Don't turn my house into a wh'ore house.

Claire: Loosen up girl.

She disappeared into her room and I went into mine. I was going to thank God for giving Tobe just the right punishment.

Happy Sunday everyone.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by Tgold1(m): 8:34pm On Oct 24, 2016
Lobatan!!!!
Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by PamelB(f): 3:51pm On Oct 25, 2016
I stood and stared at my empty kitchen. Everything was gone. Yes! gone. I dialled a number on my phone and adjusted my earpiece.

Me: Hello

Receiver: Yes ma. You call on time sef. The boys don dey finish offload.

Me: They shouldn't help me arrange anything. I'll do it my own way, they should just unpack those things and you'll lock up the house. Nobody should tamper with my properties.

Receiver: No ma. I dey watch them with clear eye.

Me: Better, cause any loss will be paid by you.

Receiver: I know nau. Oya make I go back to work.

I hung up and the song I was listening to resumed playing. I walked out of the kitchen and into the sitting room which was also empty. I had taken every dime I owned in the house. The only thing left was my box full of cloth which I would take to my new house myself.

I had rented an apartment somewhere in monarch. An apartment with a room, sitting room, kitchen, toilet and bathroom. I was contented with it and without telling anyone, I had hired a worker who came with a truck and picked all my stuff.

I stepped into my half empty room, I'll be sleeping on the floor tonight but I cared less. It was just for tonight. I made sure I was ready for tomorrow, my boxes, make up kit, shoes, every personal belonging of mine, and when I was sure I had everything put in place, I placed a call to Claire. She had followed Tobe to Australia for God knows what and she calls me like everyday to tell me what they've been up to.

Claire: Hello baby girl. How is it over there?

Me: Fine. How's Australia?

Claire: Personally, I'm having fun. But I don't know what's up with Eddy. He's being sulking and won't give me much attention. Can you talk to him for me? He's here and......

I hung up. How and why will I do that? Talk to him? And convince him to free up and spend quality time with her? I won't. I can't.

My phone rang and it was Claire. I picked it, ready to tell her my mind since I was packing out.

"was it your airtime that finished?"

Now, that was not Claire's voice. I shivered at the voice that always turned me on, at the voice that had driven me crazy in love.

Tobe: Baby?

Me: You called a wrong number.

Tobe: Pamela, it's you I want to speak with.

Me: Give Claire the phone.

Tobe: Baby, just hear me out already. I love you and nothing can change that. Just give me a chance to explain myself.

Me: Tobechukwu, you're very stupid. What else do you want to explain? That you called me so you'll make sure that the coast is clear for you to come and visit your girlfriend? Tobe, give Claire the phone now. I wonder if you're comfortably saying all these before her and she has not broken your head.

Tobe: She asked me to call you. She's taking her bath.

Me: Interesting.

I hung up and grafted a message immediately, telling Claire that I was packing out, reasons being that memories of my ex loomed around the house and I needed to clear my head.

When I was sure the message had delivered, I switched off my phone and locked my door before crossing over to William's apartment.
Leonard opened the door and a smile quickly appeared on his face.

Leonard: Hello beautiful one, come in.

I greeted, returning his smile as I stepped into their sitting room. I was putting on a bum short and baggy top (with nothing underneath both). I settled on the soft milky rug, my favourite spot in the apartment. Leonard sat on a cushion opposite to where I sat.

Leonard: William is in the kitchen. He'll join us before I leave.

Me; Going out or I'm chasing you out?

Leonard: See this girl, are you a stranger in this house? I want to go to bisara road to get something from a colleague, then drop at shoprite for some groceries.

Me: Long story. I know your ways nau. Anyways, if you like, don't come back on time. You know I'll be leaving tomorrow morning.

Leonard: I'm not forgetting that.

William: She's forgetting we helped in loading the truck.

William joined us with a dishcloth in his hands.

Me: Good afternoon Will

William: Thanks baby. So you came to remind us that you'll be leaving tomorrow abi?

Me: No nau. I came to spend time with you guys. Don't make me cry with fake accusations

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by prisomic(f): 6:30pm On Oct 25, 2016
hmmm,nice one dear..bt e short ooo e no do me(covers face)thanks anyway.waiting for more lengthy one ooo
Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by gentlebeeholar(f): 8:05pm On Oct 25, 2016
I wonder why this Tobe is acting this way. Thanks for the update dear.
Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by Tgold1(m): 9:52pm On Oct 25, 2016
Good work........ Short though, Poor PAmELa
Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by mrdrizzy(m): 8:42am On Oct 26, 2016
Babes dis is gud,really gud,bt can u work on ur updates,they are so short lately
Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by PamelB(f): 2:56pm On Oct 26, 2016
He dropped the dishcloth and settled beside me on the rug.

William: Then, why would you leave?

Leonard cleared his throat and stood up.

Leonard: I'll see you two later. Need to run along now.

William: My regards to Henry.

Leonard: Alright. Come and lock up. Babe, what will I get you?

Me: Uhm... peppered chicken will do.

Leonard: Alright. See you later.

He left and William came back to sitting where he was.

William: So?

Me: Actually, I'm here to have fun, spend time with you guys before I leave. Don't kill it.

William: Hhmm. I know its about Tobe and Claire, but don't you think Claire deserves to know the truth? You can't....

Me: William, enough please.

William: Why?

Me: Because I said it's enough. I don't want to tell her.

I stood up and he followed suit.

Me: I gave him loyalty, my virginity, commitment, what have you? I told my parents about him, my friends, he was my life, my joy, what did I do wrong? I understand that sometimes, men love to try out something new, but when he saw her picture, why didn't he tell me? Why didn't he open up to me? Instead, he was looking for when he'll come and continue from where he stopped. He lied to me, what was my crime?

I wiped my tear and nodded like it was going to give me the answers I needed.

Me: William, don't make me cry anymore by reminding me of things I'm trying to forget.

He walked closer to me and held my shoulders, his eyes, damp like he was going to cry.

William: I'm sorry baby. I didn't mean to say things that'll hurt you but I.....

Me: It's okay Will, let's stop talking about it. It's part of the lessons life has taught me. Let's sit down.

We sat down and he picked up the remote but I took it from him.

Will: You want me to keep staring at you all day and loose my sanity?

Me: No. We'll do more than that. You've got drinks right?

He nodded and stared at me, as if wanting to decipher where I was getting to.

Me: Fine. We'll play truth or dare. You know how it's done right?

William: No way. You're not a drinker babe and I won't let you do that.

Me: Don't be a kill joy Will. Besides, you're here to help if I start going overboard. Please.

William: Alright. Half shot for you then.

Me: Cool.

He stood up and left for the bar, returning with a drink in a transparent glass.
The game began and sooner than expected, I was tipsy, drinking each time I was asked to pull off, because I knew I had nothing underneath. William was also left in his boxer and nothing else.

William: You don't want me to see those titties of yours right?

Me: Hmmm. After the game, if you ask politely, I may just reconsider.

William: Then I quit. Let's take this party to the bedroom.

Ladies, ever gotten drunk? Or even a little tipsy? What feeling do you have down there? I knew it was wrong but hell, I wasn't going to let this burning consume me. I wanted a man, and since Tobe isn't available, I'll have to make do with William. Don't call me desperate, or sick, I'm just trying to satisfy my flesh. Ask me when I started using people cause I'm also surprised that I'm doing this.

I stood up and let him run his eyes over me. I pushed him down to the couch and gave him a look I thought to be sultry. I sat on his legs and started grinding to a music playing in my head alone and I felt his erection poking my buttocks.
I stood up, turned around and removed my baggy top before turning to face him again. I saw his jaw drop as he stared lustfully at my breasts whose tips were now very pointed. He stood up immediately and carried me into his bedroom. I won't regret this. It was just for tonight anyways.

I woke up in his bed with a very heavy headache. He was sleeping peacefully with a light snore. I checked the time, it was 2:05am. I picked a towel, wore my short and walked into the sitting room where I hoped to see my top. Leonard was sitting, watching football. He smiled at me and I sat down beside him.

Me: Do you have pain killers in this house? My head is banging.

Leonard: I'll be right back.

He left and came back shortly with panadol and a glass of water which I took immediately

Me: Thank you.

Leonard: You're welcome.

Me: Shouldn't you be asleep right now?

Leonard: I missed this match yesterday so I'm trying to catch up. Tell me, are you two now a couple?

Me: Who?

Leonard: William of course.

Me: Please.

I picked up my top, wore it and removed the towel, dumping it on a cushion.

Me: My house needs me. See you later Leonard.

He watched me leave the house with shock written all over his face but I cared less. A new chapter is beginning today and I don't plan to include any man in it, not yet.

I used that time to pack in everything I had left into my car before coming back and crashing on the floor in what used to be my classy sitting room. Then, as early as 5:30, I was on my way to Monarch, my new abode. And the only people in this new chapter of my life were Lois, Vanessa and Cynthia. Once everywhere was clear, I'll be getting a new sim card. It won't be easy for me, I know but what's life without chances?

Now, I'll like you guys to go back to the first update of this story cause I'll be starting from there in my next update. Tanx and keep reading.
I also want to use this opportunity to tell you guys that "ALONE" will soon be in hard copy as it is being acted(worked on) at the moment.

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by aprilwise(m): 3:19pm On Oct 26, 2016
nice one
Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by Tgold1(m): 7:16pm On Oct 26, 2016
Good Works.......... KeepItUp Sweery........ #SoFtWork
Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by heemah(f): 10:16pm On Oct 26, 2016
Nice one dear! Thanks for the update
Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by gentlebeeholar(f): 11:09pm On Oct 26, 2016
Keep it up dear.
Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by PamelB(f): 7:44pm On Oct 27, 2016
I took the last sip of my coffee and returned to the kitchen. Last year, Tobe and Claire had wedded, got the info from Lois, who remained my best friend. She had refused to attend the wedding, claiming that she had an important business to attend to. Cynthia and Vanessa had stopped being friends with me after they had told Claire that Tobe was the said boyfriend I had. They had even gone to the extent of giving Claire my new line. I had to do an ultimate sacrifice, I dropped everything about social networking or phone communications. I gave my phone to Lois, broke the sim card and decided to move on with my life. If I needed to speak with my parents, i would call them using Lois' phone. Any research on any assignment, I would do it with my laptop. It was a boring life but I had to endure, to move on and be strong for myself. After my graduation, I went home after all the celebrations and mum handed me an iPhone with a new sim card. That was when I started life afresh. Opening a new Facebook account, I had to use my native name and my daddy's christian name. During service year, I avoided a forms of communication with the people around me, the only person that remained in my life was Lois, the ever faithful friend.

Now, she is has a clothing line and she's based in UK. We were successful and I loved it, I was happy but emotionally, I'm still a wreck.

I was about going back to my room when I got a call from dad.

Me: Hello daddy.

Dad: My princess. How're you?

Me: I'm good dad. How's mum?

Dad: She's fine. I've got something I want you to work on.

Me: Dad, I'm on leave.

I growled.

Dad: I know baby girl. This deal is very important to us, to you and i and we need to grab it. I promise to make it up to you.

I heaved a sigh.

Me: Alright daddy. You know I don't like it when you plead with me that way. Anything for you daddy.

Dad: Thanks honey. It's the biggest contract we'll be having if you put in your best.

Me: Is it Kolanji?

Dad: No dear. Its Lincoln Dayzee.

Me: Oh my God. Daddy how did you do it?

Dad: You don't trust your father anymore? It's on Monday, 10am

Me: Alright daddy. I'll also put it in prayers.

Dad: That'll be nice. Take care dear.

Me: You too daddy. My regards to mum.

We said the goodbyes and hung up. Today is Thursday, I've got to get ready for that meeting. I believe that first impression matters a lot and I'll do anything to get that contract for father.
I quickly dressed up and picked the key to my spider and stepped out. I had just driven out of my compound and was about entering the street when a car stopped just in front of mine. I honked for the rider but whoever it was refused to move. I came down, eager to give him a piece of my mind. I went over to the driver's side and knocked.
He took that opportunity to push the door open, hitting me in the process. What insolence?

Out stepped a cute young man, neatly dressed in a jean and body hugged shirt which was neatly tucked in. But I'm not here to admire him.

Me: Are you blind? You're in my lane and you should drive out for me to pass.

Harry: And I refuse to act on a woman's orders. Drive this little baby of yours out of my way.

Me: You call....? Anyways, why do I have to argue with you? I can still do whatever I want to do some other time. You'll still be the one to move when someone else wants to drive in.

Harry: So I heard you're rich, beautiful and soft hearted but now I'm proven wrong. My neighbour is so arrogant. Can I put up with that?

Me: Wait! You're my neighbour?

Harry: My name's Harry Chukwuma, I just moved into the next house after yours. Miss Pamela, drive out of my way now.

Me: Quite a good introduction but sorry, I know my rights. You're the one to move out of my way.

Harry: Fine. We'll see about that.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by heemah(f): 9:05pm On Oct 27, 2016
I think I'm lost here. I thought Tobe was in a relationship with the president daughter (not sure if it's president or governor). So how come he gt married to Claire?
Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by Tgold1(m): 9:47pm On Oct 27, 2016
Hmmmm........ >> Fast Forwarded>>
Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by muyibaba222(m): 10:14pm On Oct 27, 2016
What an interesting story, babe u are good......... The only thing that baffles me is how you don't have Tobe's pics on your phone to show Claire bfore his arrival from his sister's place.
You have done a great Job. more ink to ur pen.

1 Like

Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by shurley22(f): 4:55am On Oct 28, 2016
heemah:
I think I'm lost here. I thought Tobe was in a relationship with the president daughter (not sure if it's president or governor). So how come he gt married to Claire?

Tobe obviously lied to Pamela about that
Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by PamelB(f): 7:04am On Oct 29, 2016
I went back to my car, opened the door and sat down, leaving my legs on the floor with my door open. I brought out my phone and started logged in to my Nairaland account to check Purityval's latest update but nothing, the guy was yet to update. I logged out and dropped the phone.

Harry or what was his name again was leaning on his car, smoking and giving me a devilish look. i was about to go down and return his stares when a car honked behind him. I smiled. This was going to be fun. I came down and we both stared at ourselves before he walked up to me while the car kept on honking.

Harry: Are you into politics? Women should be submissive y’know.

I smiled and tapped on my phone.

Me: Definitely not submissive to your kind of man. Men should respect women alright? Move out of the way before that car rams into your old, rickety bus.

Now don't mind me. He was riding a very cute venza but I was just getting back at him for calling my car.......what was it again?

Harry: You obviously........

The car honked louder and longer.

Me: Do you need a tow van? I can help you call one.

He hissed and walked to his car before getting in and driving off. I got into mine and drove off too, heading to the mall.

That weekend, the estate was having a barbeque and everyone was expected to come. I heard it happened once in two years and they used it as a medium to let everyone in Akpaka know each other. I had parked in the previous year and believe me, I wouldn't like anyone being all friendly with me and disturbing my quiet life. I wasn't going. I'll use that Saturday evening to go through the necessary files I'll be needing for the meeting on Monday.

I woke up that Saturday morning around 5:30am, wore a black short, my Arsenal jersey and a trainer, I let my long hair loose, picked up my headset, locked my door and started my Saturday jogging to the gym. It was something I started doing during the service year and my own way of keeping fit. I spent two hours at the gym before jogging back to the estate (don't worry, the estate isn't far from the gym anyways). By 8:45, I was at the estate gate. I decided to walk the rest of the way.

The song was playing on my head so loud that I didn't know someone was calling me and following my quick strides till he touched my shoulder. I turned and was shocked at who I was seeing. Leonard.

Me: Leonard!

We went into each other's arms immediately. I had to take off my headset. He was looking like a macho guy, grew taller and even more handsome.

Leonard: Run away princess.

I hit his arm playfully and he smiled, looking at me with the eyes of a teenager.

Leonard: Look how much you've grown. Come here.

We hugged again, then he carried me up like I was a little girl.

Me: Drop me Leo.

And he did. I was shy because onlookers were all staring with smiles on their face.

Leonard: So when did you start visiting the gym?

Me: How....

Leonard: I was there. Followed you from there

Me: You're not serious.

Leonard: Wanted to follow you to your door but I was surprised when you walked into the estate cause I didn't know you live here.

Me: You live here too?

Leonard: Yes. My dad owned this estate and many others. It was willed to me together with his business empire after he passed on.

Me: Wow. Sorry about your loss.

Leonard: Happened the year you ran away from us. Come, let's walk to your apartment.

He placed his hand around my shoulder and we started the glorious walk to my house. Six years and I'm meeting him again, I prayed silently not to meet anyone from my past again. If not for anything, I loved the simple and quiet life I had now

5 Likes

Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by PamelB(f): 7:44am On Oct 29, 2016
We had gone into discussion immediately we went in. He had gushed at my living room decors, saying I was still single yet living in one of the expensive houses in the estate. What do I stand to loose? Daddy was paying anyways. He owned and managed RSSL corporations, he was yet to find that woman he would call his own.

Me: Wow. You're not married? At your age?

Leonard: I'm still too young. I've got a baby mama but I'm not ready to settle down with her. I'm looking for that girl that will sweep me off my feet and not leave me hanging the same way you did to William.

I frowned.

Leonard: Yes. You don't know what William went through after you left. Your line was disconnected, Facebook account wasn't active and just when we tried to locate you, our families decided we'll go for our masters. You really hurt us, William especially.

Me: But I'm sorry. I didn't mean to hurt anybody. I was dunning away from the heartbreak and disappointment. William never talked about loving me again so.....

Leonard: We had to attend their wedding because we thought you'd be in attendance. William had never stopped wishing he could see you again. But I believe God does things in his own way and time.

I felt bad. That's why I didn't want anyone from my past to come back into my life. My past housed lots of pains and heartbreaks but one thing is for sure.....Leonard was here now and I'll be seeing William very soon.

Leonard: So tell me, what have you being up to?

I raised my head and looked at him. Images of our last time together came back to my head. i swallowed hard and cleared my throat.

Me: Uhm....I've been doing fine. CEO of my dad's company, De Bernards. Nothing really interesting going on in my life outside work.

Leonard: Heard of De Bernards. Had being there a couple of times last year.

Me: Last year, I was in Texas. Just resumed work this year.

Leonard: Glad you're really good cause I've heard a lot about the company.

Me: Thank you.

Leonard: Look Pamela, I'm sorry if I used the wrong words but you don't have to blame me. The way you left was not good and closing all communication links was not just right.

Me: Tobe was calling me, he was on my Facebook, my twitter, everywhere. That was all I could do to get him out of my head.

Leonard: And you didn't trust us to keep you safe from him? William almost died.

Me: What?

Leonard: Yes. I even became mad at him for letting you bite deep into his system.

Me: How....I mean, how's he now?

Leonard: He's fine. Very fine. I'll tell him I met you.

Me: No please don't do that. At least not yet.

He smiled and shook his head.

Leonard: You don't need to bother about anything. For now, I'll go back home and shower, change into something better and come over for breakfast. Hope your meals are still delicious?

That was the typical Leo. He always has a way of making one's mood change just with words.

Me: I'll ask you to be the judge of that. I've got sauce in the fridge so I'll just make rice.

Leonard: Cool.

I walked him to the door and he dropped a peck on my forehead.

Leonard: I'll be right back.

Me: Alright.

I locked my door and slumped on the floor. William. How do I escape this time? I didn't know that leaving them all would cause such problems and more heartbreak. Tobe was a cursed being. I cursed the day I met him. The feelings of love I had for him had now been turned to hatred. God help him I don't meet him till I die.

I stood up and went upstairs, removed my clothes and walked down unclad, making way to the kitchen. Advantages of living alone. You could do anything the way you liked. I tied an apron over my naked self and began the process of cooking. I was going to make this breakfast a beautiful one. Then once I'm done with the contract, I'll make plans on how to meet William and apologise for all I did to him.

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Valley Of The Shadow Of Love. by abefe99: 8:16am On Oct 29, 2016
u are really a genius luv tanq for d update but pls can we get a update before the day runs out

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (33) (Reply)

King Maha Vajiralongkorn And His 20 Girlfriends In Hotel During Lockdown / Does My Ex Boyfriend Miss Me After The Breakup / Me And My Boss Wife (sex Story)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 139
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.