Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,402 members, 7,822,844 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:57 PM

The Fool Say It In His Heart That There Is A God - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Fool Say It In His Heart That There Is A God (11532 Views)

Daddy Freeze Tackles Pastor Funke Adejuwon For Calling Him A 'Fool, Idiot' / "The Fool Says In His Heart, 'There Is No God'"? Are Atheists Fools? / What Does It Mean When It Says 'The Fool Says In His Heart There Is No God'? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Fool Say It In His Heart That There Is A God by Nobody: 11:20pm On Jul 23, 2016
EVarn:
When and how dud jesus break the sabbath?

John 5 vs 17 and 18 is one.

Mathew 12 vs 10

John 3 vs 2

John 9 vs 14 to 16

Luke 6 vs 2
Re: The Fool Say It In His Heart That There Is A God by Raphael81(m): 11:23pm On Jul 23, 2016
Elohim1:
The Fool Say It In His Heart That There Is A God

“Some foolish men declare that Creator made the world”

“The doctrine that the world was created is ill-advised, and should be rejected. If god created the world, where was he before creation? . . . How can an immaterial god create that which is material? . . . If god created the world by an act of will, without any raw material, then it is just his will and nothing else, and who will believe this silly stuff?”

TheFool says in his heart there is no God, read Psalm 15
Re: The Fool Say It In His Heart That There Is A God by felixomor: 11:32pm On Jul 23, 2016
EVarn:
When and how dud jesus break the sabbath?

When he did what was not permitted on the sabbath. And even the disciples likewise at a point.
And he was criticised for it by the pharisees.

Matthew 12:1-5.
Re: The Fool Say It In His Heart That There Is A God by Nobody: 11:52pm On Jul 23, 2016
Exo 31:14 Ye shall keep the sabbath therefore; for it [is] holy unto you: every one that defileth it shall surely be put to death: for whosoever doeth [any] work therein, that soul shall be cut off from among his people.

Christians And Lies The Same People That Wanted To Stone That Woman To Death For Adultery Saw The Perfect Opportunity To Stone Jesus And They Didn't?? Well I Know What The Writer Was Trying To Do Fictional Character Are Always Like That!"
Re: The Fool Say It In His Heart That There Is A God by Nobody: 11:53pm On Jul 23, 2016
Raphael81:

TheFool says in his heart there is no God, read Psalm 15
The Fool Say It In His Heart That There Is God Read This Thread The First Post By The Op Its There!!
Re: The Fool Say It In His Heart That There Is A God by felixomor: 5:50am On Jul 24, 2016
Lilbrown007:

The Fool Say It In His Heart That There Is God Read This Thread The First Post By The Op Its There!!

By now, after the confirmation of your exposure on this thread by others . If u had an honour left, silence would av been a better option. Honestly. smiley
Re: The Fool Say It In His Heart That There Is A God by EVarn(m): 6:42am On Jul 24, 2016
naijadeyhia:

John 5 vs 17 and 18 is one.

Mathew 12 vs 10

John 3 vs 2

John 9 vs 14 to 16

Luke 6 vs 2
In luke 4:16,Jesus went into the synagogue on the seventh day(saturday) to observe the sabbath,why will jesus break the sabbath that he himself observes; isnt that a contradiction of exodus 20 that says "remember thy sabbath day and KEEP IT HOLY"?.Jesus said that he didnt come to abolish the law,why then will he break the sabbath?.
If you read those passages thoroughly,you will discover that christ never broke the sabbath,he only sought to teach a new way of observing it that was free of phariseic legalism(i.e healing on the sabbath,performing miracles on the sabbath etc).Christ knew that the testament of God was going to spread into all nations(not israel alone),therefore,he had to define to them what was law and what was just legalistic tradition.
Re: The Fool Say It In His Heart That There Is A God by EVarn(m): 6:44am On Jul 24, 2016
felixomor:

When he did what was not permitted on the sabbath. And even the disciples likewise at a point.
And he was criticised for it by the pharisees.

Matthew 12:1-5.
^^read my post above.
Re: The Fool Say It In His Heart That There Is A God by engrelvis(m): 6:47am On Jul 24, 2016
Pls pls if u don't understand things just shut up.a complex human being created itself? U c d proper order of animals kingdom. D creation of nite n day.our ability to reason intellectually. Evolution my foot.if u don't believe there is God my friend u r on a long thin.d creation of things is too orderly n organize for it to b accidental.keep deceiving yrsef

1 Like

Re: The Fool Say It In His Heart That There Is A God by felixomor: 7:33am On Jul 24, 2016
EVarn:
In luke 4:16,Jesus went into the synagogue on the seventh day(saturday) to observe the sabbath,why will jesus break the sabbath that he himself observes; isnt that a contradiction of exodus 20 that says "remember thy sabbath day and KEEP IT HOLY"?.Jesus said that he didnt come to abolish the law,why then will he break the sabbath?.
If you read those passages thoroughly,you will discover that christ never broke the sabbath,he only sought to teach a new way of observing it that was free of phariseic legalism(i.e healing on the sabbath,performing miracles on the sabbath etc).Christ knew that the testament of God was going to spread into all nations(not israel alone),therefore,he had to define to them what was law and what was just legalistic tradition.

What you have said is truth. I know very well my brother.

But legally speaking and going by the letters, which many of these people who read bible for the sake of argument do, he broke it.

And even in some other verses as sited by another contributor on this page, Christ used it as an opportunity to assert his Lordship

Mar 2:28: Therefore the son of man is Lord also of the sabbath......

"Breaking sabbath" (not real breaking) is just one of the ways Christ taught disciples to read beyond the letters.
Re: The Fool Say It In His Heart That There Is A God by Nobody: 7:50am On Jul 24, 2016
EVarn:

Jesus did not come to abolish the law but to FULFIL it. The law speaks about thd old testament and Jesus fulfilled that law in Himself on the cross. It was impossible for man to fulfil the lw but Christ did so as to abolish thatvlaw via His death on the cross and give us a new law which man could fulfil.

There is need for an old law to die at the death of the testator. He arose with a new Law and the law remains as thd new testament and supercedes the old law.

Jesus came to show that there are more important things than observing the Sabbath. The sabbath is a life and not a ritual.

You need to understand your scripture.
Re: The Fool Say It In His Heart That There Is A God by EVarn(m): 8:08am On Jul 24, 2016
felixomor:

What you have said is truth. I know very well my brother.

But legally speaking and going by the letters, which many of these people who read bible for the sake of argument do, he broke it.

And even in some other verses as sited by another contributor on this page, Christ used it as an opportunity to assert his Lordship

Mar 2:28: Therefore the son of man is Lord also of the sabbath......

"Breaking sabbath" (not real breaking) is just one of the ways Christ taught disciples to read beyond the letters.
I can see your point.
Re: The Fool Say It In His Heart That There Is A God by EVarn(m): 8:15am On Jul 24, 2016
naijadeyhia:

Jesus did not come to abolish the law but to FULFIL it. The law speaks about thd old testament and Jesus fulfilled that law in Himself on the cross. It was impossible for man to fulfil the lw but Christ did so as to abolish thatvlaw via His death on the cross and give us a new law which man could fulfil.

There is need for an old law to die at the death of the testator. He arose with a new Law and the law remains as thd new testament and supercedes the old law.

Jesus came to show that there are more important things than observing the Sabbath. The sabbath is a life and not a ritual.
You need to understand your scripture.
What does "fulfilling the law" mean?,you believe that christ fulfilled the law by hefting it on his shoulders and nailing it to the cross?
That means that we are now free to lie,steal,kill,covet,break sabbath,worship idols and blaspheme in as much as we can later run to the alter and ask for forgiveness through the grace of christ?
Re: The Fool Say It In His Heart That There Is A God by Nobody: 8:24am On Jul 24, 2016
EVarn:
What does "fulfilling the law" mean?,you believe that christ fulfilled the law by hefting it on his shoulders and nailing it to the cross?
That means that we are now free to lie,steal,kill,covet,break sabbath,worship idols and blaspheme in as much as we can later run to the alter and ask for forgiveness through the grace of christ?

No! Let me explain the old testament to you. God gave the ten commandments to moses to let rhe children of Israel know that they cannot be righteous because if you break one you have broken all so there is always a reason for atonement.

Jesus came to repackage these 10 laws into 2.

Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind'; and, 'Love your neighbor as yourself.....Luke 10: 27

Love is now the central theme as everything about the ten commandments was ritual but love is a lifestyle.

When you love your neighbour you will not steal from him or kill him or covet his goods or his wife etc.

Blasphemy has nothing to do with the sabbath but everything to do with loving God or not.

When Jesus said Fulfil it means to Accomplish....to bring to Pass.....to Conclude it. Understand now?

2 Likes

Re: The Fool Say It In His Heart That There Is A God by EVarn(m): 8:40am On Jul 24, 2016
naijadeyhia:

No! Let me explain the old testament to you. God gave the ten commandments to moses to let rhe children of Israel know that they cannot be righteous because if you break one you have broken all so there is always a reason for atonement.
Jesus came to repackage these 10 laws into 2.
Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind'; and, 'Love your neighbor as yourself.....Luke 10: 27

Love is now the central theme as everything about the ten commandments was ritual but love is a lifestyle.

When you love your neighbour you will not steal from him or kill him or covet his goods or his wife etc.
Blasphemy has nothing to do with the sabbath but everything to do with loving God or not.
When Jesus said Fulfil it means to Accomplish....to bring to Pass.....to Conclude it. Understand now?
I cannot change whatever doctrines you believe,it would be pointless.
Read Romans 2:11-13 and 3:19
Re: The Fool Say It In His Heart That There Is A God by Nobody: 8:47am On Jul 24, 2016
EVarn:

That scripture talks about the law. Are you under the lae now or under grace? Answer this first before we proceed.
Re: The Fool Say It In His Heart That There Is A God by Nobody: 8:57am On Jul 24, 2016
EVarn:

Hebrews 8King James Version (KJV)

8 Now of the things which we have spoken this is the sum: We have such an high priest, who is set on the right hand of the throne of the Majesty in the heavens;

2 A minister of the sanctuary, and of the true tabernacle, which the Lord pitched, and not man.

3 For every high priest is ordained to offer gifts and sacrifices: wherefore it is of necessity that this man have somewhat also to offer.

4 For if he were on earth, he should not be a priest, seeing that there are priests that offer gifts according to the law:

5 Who serve unto the example and shadow of heavenly things, as Moses was admonished of God when he was about to make the tabernacle: for, See, saith he, that thou make all things according to the pattern shewed to thee in the mount.
[b]
6 But now hath he obtained a more excellent ministry, by how much also he is the mediator of a better covenant, which was established upon better promises.

7 For if that first covenant had been faultless, then should no place have been sought for the second.

8 For finding fault with them, he saith, Behold, the days come, saith the Lord, when I will make a new covenant with the house of Israel and with the house of Judah:

9 Not according to the covenant that I made with their fathers in the day when I took them by the hand to lead them out of the land of Egypt; because they continued not in my covenant, and I regarded them not, saith the Lord.

10 For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, saith the Lord; I will put my laws into their mind, and write them in their hearts: and I will be to them a God, and they shall be to me a people:

11 And they shall not teach every man his neighbour, and every man his brother, saying, Know the Lord: for all shall know me, from the least to the greatest.

12 For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more.

13 In that he saith, A new covenant, he hath made the first old. Now that which decayeth and waxeth old is ready to vanish away[/b]

From verse 6 it talks about Jesus and the new Covenant (Law)

Thid Law would be written in our hearts because the old law had a fault ( the fault was that nobody could keep the whole 10 without sinning in one because it was a struggle to obey it.

This new Law or covenant would be in our heart as the Law of Love because it would no longer be of compulsion but of free will. The Love of God in every child of God would be shed abroad by the Holy spirit. So the Holy spirit is the root of Gods love in us. The more of the Holy spirit we have the less we would want to sin because the law made sin always present with us but Love casts away fear and the ability to Sin..

You can conclude verse chapter 8 of hebrews by adding chapter 9

Hebrews 9King James Version (KJV)

9 Then verily the first covenant had also ordinances of divine service, and a worldly sanctuary.

2 For there was a tabernacle made; the first, wherein was the candlestick, and the table, and the shewbread; which is called the sanctuary.

3 And after the second veil, the tabernacle which is called the Holiest of all;

4 Which had the golden censer, and the ark of the covenant overlaid round about with gold, wherein was the golden pot that had manna, and Aaron's rod that budded, and the tables of the covenant;

5 And over it the cherubims of glory shadowing the mercyseat; of which we cannot now speak particularly.

6 Now when these things were thus ordained, the priests went always into the first tabernacle, accomplishing the service of God.

7 But into the second went the high priest alone once every year, not without blood, which he offered for himself, and for the errors of the people:

8 The Holy Ghost this signifying, that the way into the holiest of all was not yet made manifest, while as the first tabernacle was yet standing:

9 Which was a figure for the time then present, in which were offered both gifts and sacrifices, that could not make him that did the service perfect, as pertaining to the conscience;

10 Which stood only in meats and drinks, and divers washings, and carnal ordinances, imposed on them until the time of reformation.

[b]11 But Christ being come an high priest of good things to come, by a greater and more perfect tabernacle, not made with hands, that is to say, not of this building;

12 Neither by the blood of goats and calves, but by his own blood he entered in once into the holy place, having obtained eternal redemption for us.

13 For if the blood of bulls and of goats, and the ashes of an heifer sprinkling the unclean, sanctifieth to the purifying of the flesh:

14 How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?

15 And for this cause he is the mediator of the new testament, that by means of death, for the redemption of the transgressions that were under the first testament, they which are called might receive the promise of eternal inheritance.

16 For where a testament is, there must also of necessity be the death of the testator.

17 For a testament is of force after men are dead: otherwise it is of no strength at all while the testator liveth.

18 Whereupon neither the first testament was dedicated without blood.

19 For when Moses had spoken every precept to all the people according to the law, he took the blood of calves and of goats, with water, and scarlet wool, and hyssop, and sprinkled both the book, and all the people,

20 Saying, This is the blood of the testament which God hath enjoined unto you.

21 Moreover he sprinkled with blood both the tabernacle, and all the vessels of the ministry.

22 And almost all things are by the law purged with blood; and without shedding of blood is no remission.

23 It was therefore necessary that the patterns of things in the heavens should be purified with these; but the heavenly things themselves with better sacrifices than these.

24 For Christ is not entered into the holy places made with hands, which are the figures of the true; but into heaven itself, now to appear in the presence of God for us:

25 Nor yet that he should offer himself often, as the high priest entereth into the holy place every year with blood of others;

26 For then must he often have suffered since the foundation of the world: but now once in the end of the world hath he appeared to put away sin by the sacrifice of himself.[/b]

27 And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment:

28 So Christ was once offered to bear the sins of many; and unto them that look for him shall he appear the second time without sin unto salvation.
Re: The Fool Say It In His Heart That There Is A God by Nobody: 9:11am On Jul 24, 2016
engrelvis:
Pls pls if u don't understand things just shut up.a complex human being created itself? U c d proper order of animals kingdom. D creation of nite n day.our ability to reason intellectually. Evolution my foot.if u don't believe there is God my friend u r on a long thin.d creation of things is too orderly n organize for it to b accidental.keep deceiving yrsef
And God Ain't Complex So He Created Himself?? Night And Day Is Cause Of The Earth Revolving Around The Sun Time Itself Is An Illusion
What Is Organized??
Hurricane??
Earthquake??
Global Warming??
Volcan Eruption??
Tornado??
Stars Die, Planets Die, Methorite Once Destroyed The Dinosaurs!!
What About Disease??
Bacteria??
Virus??
All This Are Perfectly Designed??
Re: The Fool Say It In His Heart That There Is A God by Nobody: 9:15am On Jul 24, 2016
[size=35pt] grin Paul Vs Jesus[/size]
Re: The Fool Say It In His Heart That There Is A God by Ranchhoddas: 9:15am On Jul 24, 2016
herzern:

On what basis do you live your life??......as in on what principle.......
Please I want to know......you live your life based on what?
I may be too blunt....pls over look
I allow my conscience to guide me. Do unto others as you want them to do unto you.
Re: The Fool Say It In His Heart That There Is A God by Nobody: 9:21am On Jul 24, 2016
Lilbrown007:

Paul being a former lawyer was very good at offerinf detailed explanation of things misunderstood. So this is not Paul vs Jesus...rather its Paul confirming Jesus.
Re: The Fool Say It In His Heart That There Is A God by felixomor: 9:24am On Jul 24, 2016
Lilbrown007:

Is that the name of ur new episode of BS?
Re: The Fool Say It In His Heart That There Is A God by Nobody: 9:32am On Jul 24, 2016
naijadeyhia:

Paul being a former lawyer was very good at offerinf detailed explanation of things misunderstood. So this is not Paul vs Jesus...rather its Paul confirming Jesus.
As An Angel?? U Do Realize Paul Never Knew Jesus Abi?? He Only Believed By Faith He Don't Even Know If Jesus Existed Or Not This View That Paul Holds Non Of Jesus Deciples Hold The View So Is Definitely Jesus Vs Paul That Even Jesus Deciples Had To Call Him And Asked Him To Explain Himself For Teaching The Wrong Teaching And He Was Asked To Perform A Ritual That Was James Way Of Embarrasing Him B4 He Got Arrested By The Roman Because Of Some Misconception?? Paul Was Mistaken For An Egyptian Was Paul Black In Skin Completion??
Re: The Fool Say It In His Heart That There Is A God by orisa37: 9:40am On Jul 24, 2016
How do you come about Elohim?
Re: The Fool Say It In His Heart That There Is A God by EVarn(m): 9:43am On Jul 24, 2016
naijadeyhia:

That scripture talks about the law. Are you under the lae now or under grace? Answer this first before we proceed.
I'm under both law and grace,law cannot be separated from grace.The grace of God was established so as to give complete redemption to the whole world through the tennets of the law.
In your second post,you quote hebrew 8 as proof that christ abolished the law: did you not read the passage?,dont you know that "the convenant" and "the law" are different?,is God a confused being that he will make one set of laws and then later retract them by tossing them on the cross?
Hebrew 8 spoke about the 1st(israel's) and 2nd(whole world) convenants: the 1st convenant was made with abraham for the people of israel alone,this was a faulty testament because it didnt encompass the whole pf God's creation(only the israelite),this prompted the arrival and death of christ(who is both high priest and lamb) as atonement for the sins of the WHOLE WORLD.
Re: The Fool Say It In His Heart That There Is A God by Nobody: 10:54am On Jul 24, 2016
EVarn:
I'm under both law and grace,law cannot be separated from grace.The grace of God was established so as to give complete redemption to the whole world through the tennets of the law.
In your second post,you quote hebrew 8 as proof that christ abolished the law: did you not read the passage?,dont you know that "the convenant" and "the law" are different?,is God a confused being that he will make one set of laws and then later retract them by tossing them on the cross?
Hebrew 8 spoke about the 1st(israel's) and 2nd(whole world) convenants: the 1st convenant was made with abraham for the people of israel alone,this was a faulty testament because it didnt encompass the whole pf God's creation(only the israelite),this prompted the arrival and death of christ(who is both high priest and lamb) as atonement for the sins of the WHOLE WORLD.

Kindly grab your bible and study my post below;

When the Bible speaks of “the law,” it refers to the detailed standard God gave to Moses, beginning in Exodus 20 with the Ten Commandments. God’s Law explained His requirements for a holy people and included three categories: civil, ceremonial, and moral laws. The Law was given to separate God’s people from the evil nations around them and to define sin (Ezra 10:11; Romans 5:13; 7:7). The Law also clearly demonstrated that no human being could purify himself enough to please God—i.e., the Law revealed our need for a Savior.

By New Testament times, the religious leaders had hijacked the Law and added to it their own rules and traditions (Mark 7:7–9). While the Law itself was good, it was weak in that it lacked the power to change a sinful heart (Romans 8:3). Keeping the Law, as interpreted by the Pharisees, had become an oppressive and overwhelming burden (Luke 11:46).

It was into this legalistic climate that Jesus came, and conflict with the hypocritical arbiters of the Law was inevitable. But Jesus, the Lawgiver, said, “Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them” (Matthew 5:17). The Law was not evil. It served as a mirror to reveal the condition of a person’s heart (Romans 7:7). John 1:17 says, “For the law was given through Moses; grace and truth came through Jesus Christ.” Jesus embodied the perfect balance between grace and the Law (John 1:14).

God has always been full of grace (Psalm 116:5; Joel 2:13), and people have always been saved by faith in God (Genesis 15:6). God did not change between the Old and New Testaments (Numbers 23:19; Psalm 55:19). The same God who gave the Law also gave Jesus (John 3:16). His grace was demonstrated through the Law by providing the sacrificial system to cover sin. Jesus was born “under the law” (Galatians 4:4) and became the final sacrifice to bring the Law to fulfillment and establish the New Covenant (Luke 22:20). Now, everyone who comes to God through Christ is declared righteous (2 Corinthians 5:21; 1 Peter 3:18; Hebrews 9:15).

The conflict between Jesus and the self-righteous arose immediately. Many who had lived for so long under the Pharisees’ oppressive system eagerly embraced the mercy of Christ and the freedom He offered (Mark 2:15). Some, however, saw this new demonstration of grace as dangerous: what would keep a person from casting off all moral restraint? Paul dealt with this issue in Romans 6: “What shall we say, then? Shall we go on sinning so that grace may increase? By no means! We are those who have died to sin; how can we live in it any longer?” (verses 1—2). Paul clarified what Jesus had taught: the Law shows us what God wants (holiness), and grace gives us the desire and power to be holy. Rather than trust in the Law to save us, we trust in Christ. We are freed from the Law’s bondage by His once-for-all sacrifice (Romans 7:6; 1 Peter 3:18).

There is no conflict between grace and the Law, properly understood. Christ fulfilled the Law on our behalf and offers the power of the Holy Spirit, who motivates a regenerated heart to live in obedience to Him (Matthew 3:8; Acts 1:8; 1 Thessalonians 1:5; 2 Timothy 1:14). James 2:26 says, “As the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without deeds is dead.” A grace that has the power to save also has the power to motivate a sinful heart toward godliness. Where there is no impulse to be godly, there is no saving faith.

We are saved by grace, through faith (Ephesians 2:8–9). The keeping of the Law cannot save anyone (Romans 3:20; Titus 3:5). In fact, those who claim righteousness on the basis of their keeping of the Law only think they’re keeping the Law; this was one of Jesus’ main points in the Sermon on the Mount (Matthew 5:20–48; see also Luke 18:18–23).

The purpose of the Law was, basically, to bring us to Christ (Galatians 3:24). Once we are saved, God desires to glorify Himself through our good works (Matthew 5:16; Ephesians 2:10). Therefore, good works follow salvation; they do not precede it.
Re: The Fool Say It In His Heart That There Is A God by Nobody: 10:55am On Jul 24, 2016
Lilbrown007:

As An Angel?? U Do Realize Paul Never New Jesus Abi?? He Only Believed By Faith He Don't Even Know If Jesus Existed Or Not This View That Paul Holds Non Of Jesus Deciples Hold The View So Is Definitely Jesus Vs Paul That Even Jesus Deciples Had To Call Him And Asked Him To Explain Himself For Teaching The Wrong Teaching And He Was Asked To Perform A Ritual That Was James Way Of Embarrasing Him B4 He Got Arrested By The Roman Because Of Some Misconception?? Paul Was Mistaken For An Egyptian Was Paul Back In Skin Completion??

You got yourself Nafdac certified as an Olodo earlier by yourself. So I will relate with you as such by ignoring you.

2 Likes

Re: The Fool Say It In His Heart That There Is A God by Nobody: 11:01am On Jul 24, 2016
naijadeyhia:

Kindly grab your bible and study my post below;
When the Bible speaks of “the law,” it refers to the detailed standard God gave to Moses, beginning in Exodus 20 with the Ten Commandments. God’s Law explained His requirements for a holy people and included three categories: civil, ceremonial, and moral laws. The Law was given to separate God’s people from the evil nations around them and to define sin (Ezra 10:11; Romans 5:13; 7:7). The Law also clearly demonstrated that no human being could purify himself enough to please God—i.e., the Law revealed our need for a Savior.
By New Testament times, the religious leaders had hijacked the Law and added to it their own rules and traditions (Mark 7:7–9). While the Law itself was good, it was weak in that it lacked the power to change a sinful heart (Romans 8:3). Keeping the Law, as interpreted by the Pharisees, had become an oppressive and overwhelming burden (Luke 11:46).
It was into this legalistic climate that Jesus came, and conflict with the hypocritical arbiters of the Law was inevitable. But Jesus, the Lawgiver, said, “Do not think that I have come to abolish the Law or the Prophets; I have not come to abolish them but to fulfill them” (Matthew 5:17). The Law was not evil. It served as a mirror to reveal the condition of a person’s heart (Romans 7:7). John 1:17 says, “For the law was given through Moses; grace and truth came through Jesus Christ.” Jesus embodied the perfect balance between grace and the Law (John 1:14).
God has always been full of grace (Psalm 116:5; Joel 2:13), and people have always been saved by faith in God (Genesis 15:6). God did not change between the Old and New Testaments (Numbers 23:19; Psalm 55:19). The same God who gave the Law also gave Jesus (John 3:16). His grace was demonstrated through the Law by providing the sacrificial system to cover sin. Jesus was born “under the law” (Galatians 4:4) and became the final sacrifice to bring the Law to fulfillment and establish the New Covenant (Luke 22:20). Now, everyone who comes to God through Christ is declared righteous (2 Corinthians 5:21; 1 Peter 3:18; Hebrews 9:15).
The conflict between Jesus and the self-righteous arose immediately. Many who had lived for so long under the Pharisees’ oppressive system eagerly embraced the mercy of Christ and the freedom He offered (Mark 2:15). Some, however, saw this new demonstration of grace as dangerous: what would keep a person from casting off all moral restraint? Paul dealt with this issue in Romans 6: “What shall we say, then? Shall we go on sinning so that grace may increase? By no means! We are those who have died to sin; how can we live in it any longer?” (verses 1—2). Paul clarified what Jesus had taught: the Law shows us what God wants (holiness), and grace gives us the desire and power to be holy. Rather than trust in the Law to save us, we trust in Christ. We are freed from the Law’s bondage by His once-for-all sacrifice (Romans 7:6; 1 Peter 3:18).
There is no conflict between grace and the Law, properly understood. Christ fulfilled the Law on our behalf and offers the power of the Holy Spirit, who motivates a regenerated heart to live in obedience to Him (Matthew 3:8; Acts 1:8; 1 Thessalonians 1:5; 2 Timothy 1:14). James 2:26 says, “As the body without the spirit is dead, so faith without deeds is dead.” A grace that has the power to save also has the power to motivate a sinful heart toward godliness. Where there is no impulse to be godly, there is no saving faith.
We are saved by grace, through faith (Ephesians 2:8–9). The keeping of the Law cannot save anyone (Romans 3:20; Titus 3:5). In fact, those who claim righteousness on the basis of their keeping of the Law only think they’re keeping the Law; this was one of Jesus’ main points in the Sermon on the Mount (Matthew 5:20–48; see also Luke 18:18–23).
The purpose of the Law was, basically, to bring us to Christ (Galatians 3:24). Once we are saved, God desires to glorify Himself through our good works (Matthew 5:16; Ephesians 2:10). Therefore, good works follow salvation; they do not precede it.
grin Seriously?? @Evarn U Are Being Cheated By This Cheat That Cant Even Use Her Brain For Once
http://www.gotquestions.org/law-vs-grace.html
undecided Seriously??
Re: The Fool Say It In His Heart That There Is A God by Nobody: 11:03am On Jul 24, 2016
naijadeyhia:

You got yourself Nafdac certified as an Olodo earlier by yourself. So I will relate with you as such by ignoring you.
grin For Someone That Copys & Past U Are Even Worst Than Melina Trump

Cc:
weah96
Hardmirror Come And See This Plagiarizing Mofo
Re: The Fool Say It In His Heart That There Is A God by Nobody: 11:12am On Jul 24, 2016
Lilbrown007:

grin Seriously?? @Evarn U Are Being Cheated By This Cheat That Cant Even Use Her Brain For Once
http://www.gotquestions.org/law-vs-grace.html
undecided Seriously??

All scripture is open for scrutiny and we all share it without plagiarism you know why? Because every scripture provided there explains itself.

Typing from my phone isnt convenient for lenghty write ups. Besides the post wasnt meant for you. Let the one it wad meant for study it and refute it afterall are you a believer now?

1 Like

Re: The Fool Say It In His Heart That There Is A God by EVarn(m): 11:55am On Jul 24, 2016
naijadeyhia:

All scripture is open for scrutiny and we all share it without plagiarism you know why? Because every scripture provided there explains itself.

Typing from my phone isnt convenient for lenghty write ups. Besides the post wasnt meant for you. Let the one it wad meant for study it and refute it afterall are you a believer now?
The write-up only affirms that we are indeed saved by grace(which is what I believe),however,the law is the manuscript of moral righteousness.
Christ demonstrated his approval of the law in his symbolic gesture of paying tax; he explained that caesar should be given his due,the same way we should give God his due by keeping his laws.
And that is why christ differentiated the law from legalistic tradition by preaching the principle of universal love.But the flaw is: can we love everybody?,even our enemies?,Do you truthfully love your enemies?.
That is where grace and faith come in,it provides a route back to God when we break the law
Re: The Fool Say It In His Heart That There Is A God by Nobody: 12:10pm On Jul 24, 2016
EVarn:
The write-up only affirms that we are indeed saved by grace(which is what I believe),however,the law is the manuscript of moral righteousness.
Christ demonstrated his approval of the law in his symbolic gesture of paying tax; he explained that caesar should be given his due,the same way we should give God his due by keeping his laws.
And that is why christ differentiated the law from legalistic tradition by preaching the principle of universal love.But the flaw is: can we love everybody?,even our enemies?,Do you truthfully love your enemies?.
That is where grace and faith come in,it provides a route back to God when we break the law

The Law is about works while grace is about acceptance of Christs finished work which we could not accomplish under law.

And yes I can truthfully love my enemies. Its like saying if God is love and He loved us even while we were still sinners so much so that He senr Jesus to die for us and we who are now Gods children how then can we love our enemies like God did.

The truth is that we can because we can simple as that. As many as are Led by the Spirit of God they are the sons of God. If your selfish flesh isnt fully dead then perfect love cannot be experienced. The Holy spirit is to help us express that love. Loving your enemies is a reality otherwise you would have no foundation for preaching the gospel to muslims, atheists, and everyone else who hates God and Jesus.

A deeper relationship with the Holy spirit will reveal this and manifest this to you and through you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Happiness: 7 Bible Verses On How To Live A Joyful Life / How Should A Christian View Internet Addiction?" / Matthew 23, The Message. Let's Discuss.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.