Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,815 members, 7,810,130 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:23 PM

iPhone 6S: Honest Review - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / iPhone 6S: Honest Review (69854 Views)

Xiaomi Redmi 5 Unboxing Honest Review Pros And Cons Pics Included / Leagoo M9 Unboxing And Honest Review...tecno Over Rated Way Too Much / Honest Review On Bluboo X550 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

iPhone 6S: Honest Review by bimbor(m): 4:59pm On Aug 21, 2016
Hello guys,

I am about to buy the iPhone 6S. I need an expert advice on the Phone. How is the experience like using the phone? How long can the battery last on a full charge? What about the Camera? How is the Camera compared to the Samsung galaxy S7 edge? What of display quality. Which is the better value, the iPhone 6S or 6S plus? Your candid opinions will be appreciated.

7 Likes

Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by Nobody: 5:59pm On Aug 21, 2016
If u like ios then buy it... U can't go wrong with the 6s or 6s plus. If u can afford the 6s plus then even better because it has a better battery (one of the phones with the best battery life, 2,750 mah lasts longer than lots of android with 4,000mah, best standby time)

Display: both have great display, 6s is 720p while 6s plus is 1080p... Both are sharp with great viewing angles, great contrast and can be read in direct sunlight. The 6s with 720p has a sharper display than lots of android with 1080p because of the screen size.

Camera: great camera, might not be better than galaxy s7 camera but the iPhone camera is up there among the best mobile phone cameras . 6s plus is slightly better because it has ois.

Apps; lots and loads of apps, not just apps but well polished apps.

Design: do I need to say anything? Iphones have always have great designs, those things are well built.

Performance: there's no phone out there that is faster than the iPhone 6s or 6s plus. With 2gb of ram it multitasks better than any android with 4gb of ram.

Downside: no sd card support, so u might wanna get one with at least 32gb storage. Also ur music library can only be managed using iTunes, no Bluetooth file transfer, ur iTunes library can only be managed by one computer, use an other computer to sync and u lose all ur files. No file manager, u can't side load apps. However most of these can be possible when u jailbreak. I no longer have time for jailbreaking, rooting or tweaking, but let people like somehowpenis come and shed more light.

44 Likes 1 Share

Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by somehowpenis(m): 7:00pm On Aug 21, 2016
Greehulk have said it all.. What i will put in is this, you should understand how iphone works, once you get it, you automatically say goodbye to tweaking, sending musics through Bluetooth and all that, sdcard support, .. Just know that it comes with rules and if you accept those rules which really isn't a problem at all then, you need not know nothing else the iphone 6s will serve you splendidly, you would be amazed , it will hardly dissapoint you when you need it, everything just works perfectly..

If you have a laptop, then go for the iphone, you have no worries, if you don't own a laptop, sadly try and get one before getting an iphone or go for the samsung s7...

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by Obiomon: 9:01pm On Aug 21, 2016
lipsrsealed its xpensive
Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by abatically(m): 9:59pm On Aug 21, 2016
Obiomon:
lipsrsealed its xpensive

Yes it is expensive, but if u can afford it then why not? A bottle of Lanson Salmanazar champagne costs 95k and above and there are people that buy up to 3 bottles at clubs on Fridays... That is more than the price of an iPhone.

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by somehowpenis(m): 10:13pm On Aug 21, 2016
Wait for iphone 7 if you got the cash, it will be out in a month's time , tops.

22 Likes 2 Shares

Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by Phonefanatic: 12:12am On Aug 22, 2016
I think I can't emphasize more than what has been said there about the iPhone 6s I've used it but sold it 3 days later why? You just have a solid phone you can't tweak to your taste.

Mind you I was coming from Note 5 after selling the iPhone 6s I got Galaxy S7 edge....let me summarize it in one sentence "End of discussion"
From freedom of tweaking to custom roms down to dust and water resistance I actually went swimming with it the second day grin grin. Then if you ever dive into the world of virtual reality which is an amazing feature you could actually take a tour to your favorite destination, go skydiving or mountain climbing..... This isn't like a movie you watch on the TV it actually feels like you are right there you can interact with object..... Adrenaline rush when someone points a gun at you.

As for battery I took out some bloatwares.... I'm a heavy user if I leave the house by 7am with 100% battery I come back around 6pm with about 60% battery so you can comfortably go the whole day with a full charge.

Camera? It has an edge over iPhone 6s that's understandable cos it was released this year.

You can actually slot in 256GB memory card if you so wish.
Dual Sim option if you so wish.

Lastly head to Galaxy s7 edge palace on XDA forums you could yet discover the feats the monster phone could achieve.

My last words.
If you are not interested in tweaks, customization and freedom that comes with Android please get IPhone 6s you won't regret it besides the restrictions. on the contrary bros galaxy S7 edge is a joy to behold.

53 Likes 3 Shares

Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by Turks: 3:56am On Aug 22, 2016
It's all bores down to taste and preference if you ask me, but then again; who ask me sef? undecided

3 Likes

Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by solepager(m): 4:47am On Aug 22, 2016
somehowpenis:
Greehulk have said it all.. What i will put in is this, you should understand how iphone works, once you get it, you automatically say goodbye to tweaking, sending musics through Bluetooth and all that, sdcard support, .. Just know that it comes with rules and if you accept those rules which really isn't a problem at all then, you need not know nothing else the iphone 6s will serve you splendidly, you would be amazed , it will hardly dissapoint you when you need it, everything just works perfectly..

If you have a laptop, then go for the iphone, you have no worries, if you don't own a laptop, sadly try and get one before getting an iphone or go for the samsung s7...
jailbreak...can you help or point out the right direction? cool
somehowpenis:

jailbreak...can you help or point out the right direction?
Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by samnificent(m): 8:18am On Aug 22, 2016
just dont get the 16gb variant

1 Like

Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by somehowpenis(m): 8:18am On Aug 22, 2016
solepager:
jailbreak...can you help or point out the right direction? cool
yeah very simple, if you are on ios 9.3.3 , just go on www.pangu.io and follow the instructions, roughly in 10 minutes you will be jailbroken.. This is with a pc.

But for without a pc , just go on www.jailbreakme9.com it is very very simple ..

I would pick the 6s over any phone out there in this world, until maybe the iphone 7s is out.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by solepager(m): 8:33am On Aug 22, 2016
somehowpenis:
yeah very simple, if you are on ios 9.3.3 , just go on www.pangu.io and follow the instructions, roughly in 10 minutes you will be jailbroken.. This is with a pc.

But for without a pc , just go on www.jailbreakme9.com it is very very simple ..

I would pick the 6s over any phone out there in this world, until maybe the iphone 7s is out.
smile. Thanx. I know its a solid phone. Can you compare a 4000mah batt to iphone which has lesser mah? For heavy users o
Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by Buffer(f): 9:07am On Aug 22, 2016
If you have been using a high end Android smartphone (not Tecno or Infinix) and you want to switch to iPhone, you may regret it

but if you are upgrading your life from iPhone 5 to 6 or from Tecno M3, then you will love it

21 Likes

Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by somehowpenis(m): 9:15am On Aug 22, 2016
solepager:
smile. Thanx. I know its a solid phone. Can you compare a 4000mah batt to iphone which has lesser mah? For heavy users o
yes you can, because Apple has a very neat and great way of handling battery in standby mode, i was watching a YouTube comparrison between the samsung s7, iphone 6s , 6 and 5s , their battery were all on 100%, when he finished the comparrison, the iphone 6s was still on 100, the 6 was also still on 100, the 5s was on 98, the samsung s7 was on 94%..

Thats just how it is, although battery mah do matter but i use the 6s , and bro honestly i am a very heavy user and when i use my phone very very heavily, it gets me from 7am to around 3pm in the afternoon, it will be on 25% and i will require a boost to the battery again which takes me till midnight.. Thats when i am using it heavily..

But on light use, thats when i go to work and just slightly bring out my phone every once in a while to browse at intervals, around 6pm in the evening when i close my office, i still have up to 86% battery life left, because the standby implementation of ios is simply superb..

8 Likes

Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by solepager(m): 10:11am On Aug 22, 2016
somehowpenis:
yes you can, because Apple has a very neat and great way of handling battery in standby mode, i was watching a YouTube comparrison between the samsung s7, iphone 6s , 6 and 5s , their battery were all on 100%, when he finished the comparrison, the iphone 6s was still on 100, the 6 was also still on 100, the 5s was on 98, the samsung s7 was on 94%..

Thats just how it is, although battery mah do matter but i use the 6s , and bro honestly i am a very heavy user and when i use my phone very very heavily, it gets me from 7am to around 3pm in the afternoon, it will be on 25% and i will require a boost to the battery again which takes me till midnight.. Thats when i am using it heavily..

But on light use, thats when i go to work and just slightly bring out my phone every once in a while to browse at intervals, around 6pm in the evening when i close my office, i still have up to 86% battery life left, because the standby implementation of ios is simply superb..
impressive. I'm going for the 5 or 5s{fairly used tho} the only thing dat cud make me change my mind late is the screen size. I'm a movie person. Besides my novels which keeps me entertained my movies are there. I have never like a suituation where i only watch my movies/series on tv.
During my spare time i want to just flip my phone open and entertained myself anyplace i find myself.

Iphone 6 is well out of my range. And even this one i'm planning is to get something more durable for like 3years or more upward. I wish it was 5.5 screen size.

I buy gadgets on what i want and their performance and everything i read and learnt so far has been encouraging. I just hope the jailbreak wont reduce performance cos i cant imagine not even having a pic of my love ones as wallpapers due to apple restrictiveness

1 Like

Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by Nobody: 10:18am On Aug 22, 2016
solepager:

IPhone 6s plus has 2,750mah battery and it is one of the phones with the best battery life. One thing iphones have is good standby time which Samsung phones suffer from. U can go to sleep at 10pm with 100% battery and wake up 6am with 100%. If that was a Samsung u would wake up with like 94% or less. And yes iPhone 6s plus has better battery than most androids with 4,000mah battery.

8 Likes

Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by Phonefanatic: 10:19am On Aug 22, 2016
somehowpenis:

Well I wonder 6s you are using cos I used one before switching to S7 edge and I can tell you 6s doesn't have a better standby time.
I don't know if you've used the S7 edge the OP talked about or you are Comparing with the S7 which has a lesser Mah.

2 Likes

Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by Nobody: 10:23am On Aug 22, 2016
solepager:
impressive. I'm going for the 5 or 5s{fairly used tho} the only thing dat cud make me change my mind late is the screen size. I'm a movie person. Besides my novels which keeps me entertained my movies are there. I have never like a suituation where i only watch my movies/series on tv.
During my spare time i want to just flip my phone open and entertained myself anyplace i find myself.

Iphone 6 is well out of my range. And even this one i'm planning is to get something more durable for like 3years or more upward. I wish it was 5.5 screen size.

I buy gadgets on what i want and their performance and everything i read and learnt so far has been encouraging. I just hope the jailbreak wont reduce performance cos i cant imagine not even having a pic of my love ones as wallpapers due to apple restrictiveness

U can use any picture u like as wallpaper without need to jailbreak.
Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by Phonefanatic: 10:27am On Aug 22, 2016
greenhulk:

IPhone 6s plus has 2,750mah battery and it is one of the phones with the best battery life. One thing iphones have I'd good standby time which Samsung phones suffer from. U can go to sleep at 10pm with 100% battery and wake up 6am with 100%. If that was a Samsung u would wake up with like 94% or less. And yes iPhone 6s plus has better battery than most androids with 4,000mah battery.

Bros please which android 4000mah battery are you talking about? I hope you aren't comparing techno phones here because the 3600mah on S7 edge outperforms the 6s plus.

We all know how bogus and battery hungry android apps are but then it comes with the freedom to debloating and tweaking to your taste and you will be amazed at your battery life.

8 Likes

Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by Bossmd: 10:29am On Aug 22, 2016
Phonefanatic:
I think I can't emphasize more than what has been said there about the iPhone 6s I've used it but sold it 3 days later why? You just have a solid phone you can't tweak to your taste.

Mind you I was coming from Note 5 after selling the iPhone 6s I got Galaxy S7 edge....let me summarize it in one sentence "End of discussion"
From freedom of tweaking to custom roms down to dust and water resistance I actually went swimming with it the second day grin grin. Then if you ever dive into the world of virtual reality which is an amazing feature you could actually take a tour to your favorite destination, go skydiving or mountain climbing..... This isn't like a movie you watch on the TV it actually feels like you are right there you can interact with object..... Adrenaline rush when someone points a gun at you.

As for battery I took out some bloatwares.... I'm a heavy user if I leave the house by 7am with 100% battery I come back around 6pm with about 60% battery so you can comfortably go the whole day with a full charge.

Camera? It has an edge over iPhone 6s that's understandable cos it was released this year.

You can actually slot in 256GB memory card if you so wish.
Dual Sim option if you so wish.

Lastly head to Galaxy s7 edge palace on XDA forums you could yet discover the feats the monster phone could achieve.

My last words.
If you are not interested in tweaks, customization and freedom that comes with Android please get IPhone 6s you won't regret it besides the restrictions. on the contrary bros galaxy S7 edge is a joy to behold.

The hardest decision anybody can ever make is choosing between the iPhone 6S and Galaxy S7 edge. Honestly these two devices were created to give us headaches grin

Both are superb phones but bros what do u mean by virtual reality on the S7?

That S7 na beast sha. The kind specs wey sammy pack inside no be here! I seriously hope Apple will match up the competition with the iPhone 7.

But why will you buy an expensive phone like S7 for tweaking? If u want to tweak there are so many cheap Android phones out there for that purpose.

And why will u buy iPhone of close to 300k and still jailbreak it? That's insane!!!

21 Likes

Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by solepager(m): 10:31am On Aug 22, 2016
greenhulk:

U can use any picture u like as wallpaper without need to jailbreak.
really? But indulge me pls. What about app..eg..i heard most good ones i paid for. And i personally have some fav i'll like to have...
Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by solepager(m): 10:38am On Aug 22, 2016
Bossmd:

The hardest decision anybody can ever make is choosing between the iPhone 6S and Galaxy S7 edge. Honestly these two devices were created to give us headaches grin

That S7 na beast sha. The kind specs wey sammy pack inside no be here! I seriously hope Apple will match up the competition with the iPhone 7.

But why will you buy an expensive phone like S7 for tweaking? If u want to tweak there are so many cheap Android phones out there for that purpose.

And why will u buy iPhone of close to 300k and still jailbreak it? That's insane!!!
its not sir. Its called free-will

3 Likes

Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by somehowpenis(m): 10:46am On Aug 22, 2016
Phonefanatic:

Well I wonder 6s you are using cos I used one before switching to S7 edge and I can tell you 6s doesn't have a better standby time.
I don't know if you've used the S7 edge the OP talked about or you are Comparing with the S7 which has a lesser Mah.
ok.

1 Like

Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by Nobody: 10:48am On Aug 22, 2016
Phonefanatic:

Actually iPhone 6s has a better battery life than galaxy s7 edge. And iPhone 6s plus even has better battery than the bigger galaxy note 5. The test below was carried out by phonearena

Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by Phonefanatic: 10:49am On Aug 22, 2016
Bossmd:

Why would the most beautiful woman in the world use make up?
Why would people customize Lamborghini Veron?
Why would Mr Universe gym for six packs grin grin

Bros tweaking is just to customize to your personal taste, take out what you don't need in fact wipe the OS empty and put in just what is useful to you.

As for the virtual reality it simply exclusive to Samsung Galaxy high end phones. Just like your 3D TV experience but this is quit different as you can view an object 360° and you can interact with it. You get the Samsung Gear VR then slot your phone into it next wear it like a glass and you are in another world.
Right in your room you could decide to go skydiving, go watch a match at a stadium, go for a concert or a show........ The difference is that you aren't just watching on a screen you are right there that's how realistic it is.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by somehowpenis(m): 10:52am On Aug 22, 2016
solepager:

get the 5s not the 5 then.. A 64bit iphone is the best presently, the 5s is that.. Jailbreaking will affect your battery life though.. You can set any picture you want as your wallpaper without jailbreak, you can do basically anything you want with an iphone without a jailbreak.. Bluetooth and sdcard stuffs are the only things you can't do.

2 Likes

Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by Nobody: 10:53am On Aug 22, 2016
solepager:

really? But indulge me pls. What about app..eg..i heard most good ones i paid for. And i personally have some fav i'll like to have...

Go to settings, wallpaper and u can choose any picture as ur wallpaper. About apps, no denying some free apps on Android are paid apps on ios... But those apps are more polished on ios. There are also tons of free apps.

Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by Phonefanatic: 11:07am On Aug 22, 2016
greenhulk:

Actually iPhone 6s has a better battery life than galaxy s7 edge. And iPhone 6s plus even has better battery than the bigger galaxy note 5. The test below was carried out by phonearena

LOL take a look at the photo you posted. Bros I've used those 2 phones and I'm giving you first hand user experience. I can go online now and post you a contrary photo but no I'm talking from first hand experience.

If you want loads of photos I can start uploading.
Your link shows brg.com I wonder which phonearena you are talking.

2 Likes

Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by Bossmd: 11:14am On Aug 22, 2016
Phonefanatic:

Why would the most beautiful woman in the world use make up?
Why would people customize Lamborghini Veron?
Why would Mr Universe gym for six packs grin grin

Bros tweaking is just to customize to your personal taste, take out what you don't need in fact wipe the OS empty and put in just what is useful to you.

As for the virtual reality it simply exclusive to Samsung Galaxy high end phones. Just like your 3D TV experience but this is quit different as you can view an object 360° and you can interact with it. You get the Samsung Gear VR then slot your phone into it next wear it like a glass and you are in another world.
Right in your room you could decide to go skydiving, go watch a match at a stadium, go for a concert or a show........ The difference is that you aren't just watching on a screen you are right there that's how realistic it is.

No be small thing. You don turn witch be dat grin
Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by Nobody: 11:16am On Aug 22, 2016
Phonefanatic:

LOL take a look at the photo you posted. Bros I've used those 2 phones and I'm giving you first hand user experience. I can go online now and post you a contrary photo but no I'm talking from first hand experience.

If you want loads of photos I can start uploading.
Your link shows brg.com I wonder which phonearena you are talking.

There's no need to argue this. Yes the link is from brg.com but they stated that the test was carried out by phone arena. Battery life varies depending on what the phone is being used for. For watching videos s7 might last longer, but for Web browsing 6s plus is better. But one thing I'm sure of is Samsung phones suck at standby time... I've used a bunch of Samsung phones, I love them but out of the box they suck at standby time compared to iphones.

5 Likes

Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by Nobody: 11:21am On Aug 22, 2016
Bossmd:

If u have one of the newer Samsung flagship phones (from s6 upwards) and u don't have a gear vr headset then u are really missing. There's no way to explain vr unless u experience it urself. U ever wanted to watch ur favorite club play like u are in the stadium, or u are in the same dressing room with them? U want to visit the moon? U want to go to the cinema but don't have time? Yes u can visit world class cinema right from ur home using a vr headset, relax and watch movies in the big screen just like u are in the cinema. Gear vr is lots of fun bro.. If u have one of those Samsung phones then get a gear vr and unlock the full power of ur phone.

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply)

Download Room 027 [full Movie] Nollywood Movie - To Your phone / How To Convert Java Phone To Android / Samsung Replaces Microsd Card With UFS 2.0

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.