Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,062 members, 7,953,219 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 12:37 PM

iPhone 6S: Honest Review - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / iPhone 6S: Honest Review (71420 Views)

Xiaomi Redmi 5 Unboxing Honest Review Pros And Cons Pics Included / Leagoo M9 Unboxing And Honest Review...tecno Over Rated Way Too Much / Honest Review On Bluboo X550 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by Bossmd: 4:46pm On Aug 22, 2016
All I want Apple to do is to trim the bezels on the Plus version of the iPhone and make the phone sexier. Then it's a win win.
Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by dasphinx1(m): 4:48pm On Aug 22, 2016
greenhulk:

But there are some expensive headphones out there with in built DAC but when u use them with a phone u won't be able to experience the full potential because the phone's DAC is not powerful enough. Taking away the headphone jack means those headphones will come with lightning port which is a multimedia port just like usb c port. That way those heavy headphones can make use of their own in built DAC which is better than the phone's DAC to produce optimum audio performance. U might not notice the difference with cheap headphones but when u use a high end headphone with ur phone u will notice it wouldn't work to its full potential because the phone's DAC is just not powerful enoigh.

Yo, Hulk, based this explanation of yours, do you feel, that supposing the next gen iphone comes without an headphone jack, Apple would probably include a Beats by Dre wireless headphone in the package?
Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by Nobody: 4:56pm On Aug 22, 2016
dasphinx1:

Yo, Hulk, based this explanation of yours, do you feel, that supposing the next gen iphone comes without an headphone jack, Apple would probably include a Beats by Dre wireless headphone in the package?

Maybe, maybe not. But u know Apple, they are all about business. My take is they will include a cheaper lighting headphone and then make another premium beats by Dre headphone with good DAC and sell it separately.

One of the phones with the best DAC is the LG v10.. but lg didn't make enough money with that phone because it is pointless making the phone more expensive just because of the DAC, so they removed it from the g5 and instead made a separate accessory for the DAC sold separately. Now with lighting and usb c headphones, it will be possible to get the best sound from high end headphone because u no longer need to depend on the phone's DAC but from the headphone.

From the pictures below u can see the lg g5 bang and Olufsen audio module to improve its sound while using headphones... It will cost more money building that into a phone,

Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by somehowpenis(m): 5:02pm On Aug 22, 2016
Bossmd:

Well the issue with lightning headphones is the fact that the iPhone port will be exposed to extreme overuse.
this is true, i think wireless headset will be much better..
Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by Nobody: 5:04pm On Aug 22, 2016
CaptEColeJnr:
I was comfortable just reading comments until I saw this post.
The way you over-hyped the iPhone is simply ludicrous.
The Apple Store has less apps than the Google Play Store. So don't tell me you can get everything you want.
The only edge Apple has is the security of the apps.

On paper android has approximately 2.2 million apps while ios has approximately 2 million apps. But u and I know a bunch of apps on the play store are duplicate and useless apps. Something u can hardly find on the app store. Or how do u explain the apps below?

Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by Bossmd: 5:14pm On Aug 22, 2016
greenhulk:

Maybe, maybe not. But u know Apple, they are all about business. My take is they will include a cheaper lighting headphone and then make another premium beats by Dre headphone with good DAC and sell it separately.

One of the phones with the best DAC is the LG v10.. but lg didn't make enough money with that phone because it is pointless making the phone more expensive just because of the DAC, so they removed it from the g5 and instead made a separate accessory for the DAC sold separately. Now with lighting and usb c headphones, it will be possible to get the best sound from high end headphone because u no longer need to depend on the phone's DAC but from the headphone.

From the pictures below u can see the lg g5 bang and Olufsen audio module to improve its sound while using headphones... It will cost more money building that into a phone,

Make Apple no use Bang&Olufsen audio ooo cheesy

That will mean iPhone will sell at nothing less than $2,000. Anything B&O dey cost die!!!
Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by Nobody: 5:17pm On Aug 22, 2016
Bossmd:

That will mean iPhone will sell at nothing less than $2,000. Anything B&O dey cost die!!!

Ha ha.. relax.. I'm sure Apple won't go Bang and Olufsen.... why did they buy Beats by dre then? The best they can use is Beats audio.
Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by Flashh: 5:19pm On Aug 22, 2016
somehowpenis:
trust me it will sell, because using ear phones and head phones without the wire to connect to the jack will trend smoothly and trust me other OEMS would rush to borrow the idea..
That will drain the battery a lot than you can imagine; because it has to be connected wirelessly, which you know how wireless connections drains battery like pouring water in a basket.
Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by Nobody: 5:28pm On Aug 22, 2016
Flashh:
That will drain the battery; because it has to be connected wirelessly, which you know how wireless connections drains battery like pouring water in a basket.

Yes bluetooth will drain the battery but not by much.. maybe 5-10% which is negligible. Newer devices like the iphone 6s and galaxy s7 come with bluetooth 4.2 also called bluetooth low energy. That is why they can stay connected to a smartwatch all day without any noticeable battery drain. So there is nothing like pouring water in a basket here bro, unless u are using a really outdated phone.
Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by dasphinx1(m): 5:36pm On Aug 22, 2016
Bossmd:

cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by Flashh: 5:37pm On Aug 22, 2016
greenhulk:

Yes bluetooth will drain the battery but not by much.. maybe 5-10% which is negligible. Newer devices like the iphone 6s and galaxy s7 come with bluetooth 4.2 also called bluetooth low energy. That is why they can stay connected to a smartwatch all day without any noticeable battery drain. So there is nothing like pouring water in a basket here bro, unless u are using a really outdated phone.
In as much I get your explanation; but how do you mean "unless I'm really using outdated phone"?

Does it mean those that aren't using S7 and iPhone 6s are using outdated phones" in your last statement? I don't want to laugh.
Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by Elxandre(m): 5:48pm On Aug 22, 2016
I still don't get what some mean here saying tweaking is unnecessary for expensive phones as if a, perfect device exists out there.
Just yesterday, I still saw a geek getting an added 3 hours battery life just by tweaking his kernel & using a custom rom and all that.
Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by Nobody: 5:51pm On Aug 22, 2016
Flashh:

In as much I get your explanation; but how do you mean "unless I'm really using outdated phone"?

Does it mean those that aren't using S7 and iPhone 6s are using outdated phones" in your last statement? I don't want to laugh.

Nope, that's not what I mean.. I was being sarcastic.
Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by Nobody: 6:01pm On Aug 22, 2016
dasphinx1:

cheesy cheesy

Check out these Bang & Olufsen products.

FAINTS angry shocked tongue

Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by somehowpenis(m): 6:04pm On Aug 22, 2016
Elxandre:
I still don't get what some mean here saying tweaking is unnecessary for expensive phones as if a, perfect device exists out there.
Just yesterday, I still saw a geek getting an added 3 hours battery life just by tweaking his kernel & using a custom rom and all that.
i actually did this on my htc one m8, it , my battery would last like crazy and charged very fast, i was happy.. It ended up messing my battery up, i spent 3000 tp change my battery, i tweaked it with googy max kernel.. Trust me tweaking does moreharm than good, their is a reason why your battery and phone was programmed to work that way from the company..
Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by dasphinx1(m): 6:07pm On Aug 22, 2016
greenhulk:

Yeah, the prices of B&O products is something else....
Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by Nobody: 6:11pm On Aug 22, 2016
Elxandre:

I use to be like u in the past. I flashed over 10 different roms on my galaxy s3 back in 2012, flashin different kernel. Phone will work well for a few weeks then start freezing. Battery ended up degrading to the point of not being able to hold a charge for long. I ended up ruining my GPS lock due to flashing and tweaking. Sold the phone after finding out I spent more time tweaking and searchng for the right rom and tweak, time I could have used for something more meaningful. I've retired from flashing and tweaking for 2 years now and believe me I enjoy my phones now than when I use to flash. I still don't see the point of buying an expensive phone only to end up rooting, flashing and tweaking.
Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by CaptEColeJnr: 6:37pm On Aug 22, 2016
greenhulk:

On paper android has approximately 2.2 million apps while ios has approximately 2 million apps. But u and I know a bunch of apps on the play store are duplicate and useless apps. Something u can hardly find on the app store. Or how do u explain the apps below?
At least you acknowledged the fact that Google Play has more apps than Apple store,unlike other talking hogwash!

Now what do you mean by 'useless apps'... The developers put them there to satisfy various tastes people have,the fact you don't find them useful doesn't mean others won't.

With an S7,I enjoy a lot of advantages like freedom... (no need to tweak)
Let's look at Google Photo for example,very fantastic! It provides unlimited storage for my photos etc. Unlike. ICloud which is a disastergrin

With an s7,you can enjoy unlimited apps and an additional option of third party, perfect emailing system better than that of 6s.. Fast typing,as the punctuations are in the same screen as the alphabets and it also has a swipe gesture which 6s doesn't have.

The s7 beat the 6s hands down Bro.

1 Like

Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by Nobody: 6:51pm On Aug 22, 2016
CaptEColeJnr:
At least you acknowledged the fact that Google Play has more apps than Apple store,unlike other talking hogwash!

Now what do you mean by 'useless apps'... The developers put them there to satisfy various tastes people have,the fact you don't find them useful doesn't mean others won't.

With an S7,I enjoy a lot of advantages like freedom... (no need to tweak)
Let's look at Google Photo for example,very fantastic! It provides unlimited storage for my photos etc. Unlike. ICloud which is a disastergrin

With an s7,you can enjoy unlimited apps and an additional option of third party, perfect emailing system better than that of 6s.. Fast typing,as the punctuations are in the same screen as the alphabets and it also has a swipe gesture which 6s doesn't have.

The s7 beat the 6s hands down Bro.

I'm not disputing that the s7 is a great device, but wether it is better than the 6s is subjective and down to personal preference. If u like the fluidity, speed and simplicity of iOS then u have no other choice then iPhone. If u like the functionality and freedom of android then u not only have to pick the s7, there are lots of top notch android phones out there. Don't forget iPhones have better security.

As for the Google photos, iCloud does the same thing. And if u don't like iCloud ( I see no reason why u shouldn't), u can always download Google photos forum the app store. Google apps are great but all Google apps are also available on the app store.

As for the keyboard, maybe u don't know Swiftkey already exist for iOS devics and swiping works flawlessly.

Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by Phonefanatic: 6:57pm On Aug 22, 2016
greenhulk:

I'm not disputing that the s7 is a great device, but wether it is better than the 6s is subjective and down to personal preference. If u like the fluidity, speed and simplicity of iOS then u have no other choice then iPhone. If u like the functionality and freedom of android then u not only have to pick the s7, there are lots of top notch android phones out there. Don't forget iPhones have better security.

As for the Google photos, iCloud does the same thing. And if u don't like iCloud ( I see no reason why u shouldn't), u can always download Google photos forum the app store. Google apps are great but all Google apps are also available on the app store.

As for the keyboard, maybe u don't know Swiftkey already exist for iOS devics and swiping works flawlessly.

Honestly no point arguing anymore cos Mr A's choice may not suit Mr B.
If you prefer iPhone enjoy it and if you prefer Sammy enjoy it also.
I was enjoying the other techie development discussion already.

2 Likes

Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by xtervaganza(m): 7:10pm On Aug 22, 2016
greenhulk:

We've heard that before. That's the same thing they said before apple moved to 1080p with the 6s plus. The problem is not only the screen resolution. We are talking stabdby time when ur screen is off and something keeps draining ur battery.... Something that never happens with the iPhone.
I agree with the screen off standby argument. But if it has a QHD screen it will drain more battery when on.

And 1080p is HD, not QHD
Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by Phonefanatic: 7:16pm On Aug 22, 2016
greenhulk:

Will the end time trumpet be heard through this products? Quite expensive check this tech out I think this is the future..... Wireless and water resistant.

Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by Nobody: 7:19pm On Aug 22, 2016
Phonefanatic:

Will the end time trumpet be heard through this products? Quite expensive check this tech out I think this is the future..... Wireless and water resistant.

This is what we call wireless wireless.
Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by Decale: 7:22pm On Aug 22, 2016
xtervaganza:
I agree with the screen off standby argument. But if it has a QHD screen it will drain more battery when on.

And 1080p is HD, not QHD

And you know this because....

Technology ain't static. The 1080p on s5 had worse battery than the QHD on s6, same thing goes for note 3 and note 4. Even z5 premium with the "4k screen" has a better battery life than the normal z5.

The problem is optimization. The QHD on iPad pro battery is top notch. What of the retina display on the MacBook pro?
Okay if you insist, Samsung Tab S2 and iPad air have the same resolution, screen size but the former uses the battery conserving "Super Amoled" and a beefier battery unlike the iPad air 2. Go compare their battery life...

Lol
Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by Nobody: 7:22pm On Aug 22, 2016
xtervaganza:

And 1080p is HD, not QHD

Of course I know 1080p is not qhd. I only said that because back in 2014 when Samsung were doing 1080p, u all said if iphones were 1080p the battery will drain more and now iPhone 6s plus has 1080p still the same thing. Moreover ipad pro has qhd display and is one if the best tablets with better battery life.
Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by CaptEColeJnr: 7:22pm On Aug 22, 2016
greenhulk:

Yea Bro. It all boils down to preference!
Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by Bossmd: 7:26pm On Aug 22, 2016
Flashh:

Yes......if you are not using iPhone 6S or S7 your phone is outdated. grin
Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by Bossmd: 7:39pm On Aug 22, 2016
Decale:

And you know this because....

Technology ain't static. The 1080p on s5 had worse battery than the QHD on s6, same thing goes for note 3 and note 4. Even z5 premium with the "4k screen" has a better battery life than the normal z5.

The problem is optimization. The QHD on iPad pro battery is top notch. What of the retina display on the MacBook pro?
Okay if you insist, Samsung Tab S2 and iPad air have the same resolution, screen size but the former uses the battery conserving "Super Amoled" and a beefier battery unlike the iPad air 2. Go compare their battery life...

Lol

Hold it right there! Don't even try to compare the iPad Air 2 to any Android tablet existing or dead. My iPad Air 2 full charge lasts close to 4 days on light usage while my Samsung Galaxy Tab can hardly last over 24 hrs. And I am not even talking of the new iPad Pro.
Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by Flashh: 8:00pm On Aug 22, 2016
Bossmd:

Yes......if you are not using iPhone 6S or S7 your phone is outdated. grin
You no well. cheesy

1 Like

Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by somehowpenis(m): 9:14pm On Aug 22, 2016
This thread was fun, it all boils down to choice though a great argument between samsung and iphone users, not , tecno and friends comparing hogwash.. Personally I don't think i will ever buy any android again until they get optimization perfectly, and in other to do that they need to go closed source, and clear out the playstore as if a flood hit there...
I choose speed and compatibility over tweaking, its what phones are meant for.. Go on your pc if you want to be a great tweak and even tweak life out of it if you love..
Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by Elxandre(m): 9:27pm On Aug 22, 2016
somehowpenis:
i actually did this on my htc one m8, it , my battery would last like crazy and charged very fast, i was happy.. It ended up messing my battery up, i spent 3000 tp change my battery, i tweaked it with googy max kernel.. Trust me tweaking does more harm than good, their is a reason why your battery and phone was programmed to work that way from the company..
Yes, I don't also believe custom roms are perfect too, but real techies and nerds will not sleep well without messing with their OS.
They don't get tired. Lol

cc greenhulk
Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by somehowpenis(m): 9:35pm On Aug 22, 2016
Elxandre:

Yes, I don't also believe custom roms are perfect too, but real techies and nerds will not sleep well without messing with their OS.
They don't get tired. Lol

cc greenhulk
it is simply time consuming if you do not get paid for doing it or derive some sort of satisfaction from doing it.. I used to, i simply over grew it or let me say i don't even think i have a need for it, lol simple jailbreak i even got rid if it because i just didn't need all this tweak stuffs.. Lol

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply)

Moving Your BBM Contacts From Blackberry To Android BBM / How To Solve "Anti Inadvertently Mode" On Your Android Device / Woman Refuses To Remove Hijab For MTN Registration (pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.