Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,842 members, 7,820,934 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 03:50 AM

iPhone 6S: Honest Review - Phones (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / iPhone 6S: Honest Review (70056 Views)

Xiaomi Redmi 5 Unboxing Honest Review Pros And Cons Pics Included / Leagoo M9 Unboxing And Honest Review...tecno Over Rated Way Too Much / Honest Review On Bluboo X550 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by Nobody: 3:44pm On Aug 23, 2016
Bossmd:

Most OEMs outsource parts....Foxconn is a major supplier to Apple. Samsung also outsource some of their parts. Yes, Sammy will supply AMOLED screens to Apple beginning next year, big deal? Apple will still utilize that AMOLED display more than Sammy do. Until Samsung create their own unique OS count me out of the Samsung bandwagon and buggy Android.

When you use the Apple products you will know "Life's Good" grin

Calm your nerves bro. This is exact thing that people complain about iusers. To you, it's only apple that doesn't things best. Apple is yet to use Amoled on phones but you have already concluded that Apple iphones Amoled will be better than Samsungs.

Did you just tag Android buggy? Lol. Incase you don't know IOS has been more buggy than Android since IOS 7. iOS 8 was even the worst despite people complaining of Lollipop it was more stable than iOS, likewise it's immediate predecessor and successor.

1 Like

Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by Bossmd: 3:46pm On Aug 23, 2016
ollah1:

My brother I've stated earlier than Android is a battery hogger and it's a known fact but the bolded statement got me thinking. Better than Samsung in what department (s)?

In handling basic tasks flawlessly. In being able to go to work without the fear of a sudden battery drain. In putting your mobile phone in your pocket and not having to carry a fire extinguisher in case of accidental fire from phone overheating cheesy grin
Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by Nobody: 3:50pm On Aug 23, 2016
greenhulk:

I am ask u a simple question and I want an honest answer, (mind u I'm not a fan boy, I use both os and know their weak points).

So the question is what reason do we need more ram on our phones? Is it not so that it can run heavy tasks without issues, to be able to multitask with ease without lag or hanging, to increase productivity. So then why would apple add more ram to their phones when 2gb of ram iPhone 6s is already faster and keep apps in memory than a 4gb of ram galaxy note 7? If u want proof I'll post I videos. Heck even a 6gb ram one plus 3 is not faster than 2gb ram iPhone 6s. It's all about optimization, apple don't need to add ram just for the sake of it... They add when it is necessary.

Lol. We have been reading this line times without number. Why did Apple increased the ram to 2GB for the 6s variants? Why will Apple increase it to 3GB for the next iphone?

We heard how 1GB was more than enough. Why the additions?
Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by Bossmd: 3:52pm On Aug 23, 2016
ollah1:

Calm your nerves bro. This is exact thing that people complain about iusers. To you, it's only apple that doesn't things best. Apple is yet to use Amoled on phones but you have already concluded that Apple iphones Amoled will be better than Samsungs.

Did you just tag Android buggy? Lol. Incase you don't know IOS has been more buggy than Android since IOS 7. iOS 8 was even the worst despite people complaining of Lollipop it was more stable than iOS, likewise it's immediate predecessor and successor.

You talk without facts, your arguments are not evidence based. You live on hear-says. We deal with first hand privileged infos. The point you called Antutu benchmark trash is where I gave up on you.
Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by Nobody: 3:53pm On Aug 23, 2016
Bossmd:

In handling basic tasks flawlessly. In being able to go to work without the fear of a sudden battery drain. In putting your mobile phone in your pocket and not having to carry a fire extinguisher in case of accidental fire from phone overheating cheesy grin

You are basically not making any sense. Quit the fanboyism. We read how an iPhone almost killed someone last month with deep burns on his body. Sudden battery drain? Excuse you, the tecno, Infinix of this world don't even do that.

What basic task doesn't work flawlessly in phones? Even low ends does this easily. Remove the log in your eyes and hate in you.

1 Like

Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by Bossmd: 3:58pm On Aug 23, 2016
ollah1:

Lol. We have been reading this line times without number. Why did Apple increased the ram to 2GB for the 6s variants? Why will Apple increase it to 3GB for the next iphone?

Like greenhulk said, Apple up their RAMs only when necessary. Samsung on the other hand will keep adding an extra RAM to every new release all in a bid to persuade power seekers like you to buy not knowing that the utility of a phone is beyond the RAM. The actual power of a device is embedded in its processor and that is why till today AMD is still playing catch up with intel. In other words it lies in the quality of the product. Have you seen the video that is presently going viral where a 2GB iPhone 6S disgraced the almighty 4GB Note 7?
Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by Nobody: 3:58pm On Aug 23, 2016
ollah1:

Just stop being a fanboy bro, life is sweet. Ur comments show u have a strong hate for iOS. I use both and I don't hate any of them. I said in my comment that apple will increase the ram when it is necessary, when the os and apps become more tax demanding and that was why the 6s was bumped up to 2gb of ram. They WILL NOT increase the ram just for the sake of increasing it like android OEM's do. Just look at one plus 3... 6gb of ram on a mobile phone? For what? On top of that it still doesn't have qhd display, no vr. So what's all that ram meant for? And iPhone 6s with 2gb of ram is still faster lol. Unless the increase in ram will give a significant improvement in performance there's absolutely no need for it ... But since android ecosystem is competitive, oems will keep increasing ram unnecessarily to attract customers.
Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by Nobody: 3:58pm On Aug 23, 2016
Bossmd:

You talk without facts, your arguments are not evidence based. You live on hear-says. We deal with first hand privileged infos. The point you called Antutu benchmark trash is where I gave up on you.

Lol. Fact is IOS crashes more than Android. Google it urself. The last iterations of IOS were extremely buggy and Apple had to keep releasing updates upon updates to patch it. Google it

Yeas antutu is trash.
Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by Bossmd: 4:06pm On Aug 23, 2016
ollah1:

Lol. Fact is IOS crashes more than Android. Google it urself. The last iterations of IOS were extremely buggy and Apple had to keep releasing updates upon updates to patch it. Google it
Yeas antutu is trash.

In my one year of using this iPad Air 2, it has never crashed for once. But my Galaxy S4 crashes on a daily basis...all you see is "So so app has stopped working". Stop fighting a lost battle.
Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by Phonefanatic: 4:13pm On Aug 23, 2016
ollah1:

If you thinking of switching to iOS this year then you are on a long thing cos apple doesn't have anything to release this year. I see only the dual camera as the feature been added and it could still be behind its competitors like other iphones are.

Note 7 isn't meant for s7 users. Why would you switch to a new phone of same company within months. It doesn't make any sense. Just how senseless it is to switch from 6 to 6s. But guess what? It makes every sense to switch from last year galaxies to this year's versions.

Apple fan boys are coming for your head.
Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by ollah2: 4:14pm On Aug 23, 2016
Bossmd:

Like greenhulk said, Apple up their RAMs only when necessary. Samsung on the other hand will keep adding an extra RAM to every new release all in a bid to persuade power seekers like you to buy not knowing that the utility of a phone is beyond the RAM. The actual power of a device is embedded in its processor and that is why till today AMD is still playing catch up with intel. In other words it lies in the quality of the product. Have you seen the video that is presently going viral where a 2GB iPhone 6S disgraced the almighty 4GB Note 7?

When you have a 1440p display for example, the app may or may not downscale. They will scale to the resolution that best fits the screen. Which is why I never have black edges on even older Android apps like you do on iOS.

This isn't iOS. In Android, many apps are made with multiple resolution bitmaps. But lets say you open and app that doesn't support 1440p natively. The app will scale. How far down? I'm not sure. 1080p? It will down-sample the bit maps to the nearest resolution that will evenly fit the display.

If it was 1080p, the bitmap would leave black edges on the sides. Since that doesn't happen its not 1080p.

Whether resolution causes speed issues. I guess it depends on the app. Because resolutions does make a difference in gaming. Right? Aren't games apps? YES THEY ARE!

I don't know if the iPhone 6S is faster.I don't believe in any sopeed tests where the apps being compare are not the stock apps that come on the phone.

All you have todo is install a couple apps that are faster or slower on one phone or the other and cheat the test.

Example - Asphalt 8. Asphalt 8 s known o take longer to load on Galaxy phones or Android in general vs the iPhone. So as soon as he came to that app, I paued the video.

I don't watch peed tests with cherry-picked apps. That makes the test rigged.. I mean if I want to make the iPhone look bad. all I have to do is cherry-pick apps that run terrible on iOS vs a Galaxy and the Galaxy will always win.

Same with loading an app saved in memory. Again sphalt 8 is known to restart and so does Temple Run on Galaxy devices. So if you load those apps in yoru speed test, then you are cheating the test because those apps are know to have an advantage on iOS.

But hey its cheating to me. People who want the iPhone to win so bad, will love those tests.

I disqualify them no matter who wins because the test is fixed.

The best way to test speed. Fix the phones so they are the same. Take the Android phone and remove any widgets from home screes. Line up the icons exactly the same and only use install OEM stock apps.

in this case o the Galaxy vs iPhone, you would use Samsung Internet browser vs Apple Safari and not Google Chrome. Because Chrome isn't made by Samsung.

David is the same scam artist who drops phone until they break, again proving nothing. If you have to fix the game, to get the results you want, then the game isn't worth playing.

Have you ever asked yourself why the basic versions are always used in these tests? They never use the plus versions.

1 Like

Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by Phonefanatic: 4:17pm On Aug 23, 2016
Bossmd:

All these complaints you are making are very minor things bro. No limitations with Apple. Just admit it.

You need something badly....what? Movie? Music? Photo? Document? App? All is easy as flash. Just install Xender on your iOS device and you are limitless. You could also collect stuffs with flash from your friends computer and put on yours. It's not really safe connecting your precious phone to every computer you see. Any app you need is in the App Store. Like someone advised earlier, before getting an iPhone or iPad get a PC or MacBook first. The rest is easy.

Why go through those stress for such an expensive phone?

You asked me this question before so explain why one should be getting PC or MacBook after buying such an expensive phone.
I thought you said it can do and undo cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by ollah2: 4:17pm On Aug 23, 2016
Bossmd:

In my one year of using this iPad Air 2, it has never crashed for once. But my Galaxy S4 crashes on a daily basis...all you see is "So so app has stopped working". Stop fighting a lost battle.

I won't answer you. I will ask greenhulk to answer this. Mr Abatically aka greenhulk which OS crashes more between Android and IOS from iOS7 till date and kitkat till date?

I guess you believe greenhulk more than Google
Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by Phonefanatic: 4:29pm On Aug 23, 2016
greenhulk:

Just stop being a fanboy bro, life is sweet. Ur comments show u have a strong hate for iOS. I use both and I don't hate any of them. I said in my comment that apple will increase the ram when it is necessary, when the os and apps become more tax demanding and that was why the 6s was bumped up to 2gb of ram. They WILL NOT increase the ram just for the sake of increasing it like android OEM's do. Just look at one plus 3... 6gb of ram on a mobile phone? For what? On top of that it still doesn't have qhd display, no vr. So what's all that ram meant for? And iPhone 6s with 2gb of ram is still faster lol. Unless the increase in ram will give a significant improvement in performance there's absolutely no need for it ... But since android ecosystem is competitive, oems will keep increasing ram unnecessarily to attract customers.

Do you think IPhone 2GB ram can handle VR without lagging? If Apple decide to imbed VR into iPhones the ram will likely go as high as 4gb so why do you think Samsung's Ram increase was unnecessary?
Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by ollah2: 4:34pm On Aug 23, 2016
Phonefanatic:

Do you think IPhone 2GB ram can handle VR without lagging? If Apple decide to imbed VR into iPhones the ram will likely go as high as 4gb so why do you think Samsung's Ram increase was unnecessary?

Lol you dey mind them. 16GB is more than enough. 720p is more than enough. 1700m mAh is extremely more than enough. I can't laugh
Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by ollah2: 4:36pm On Aug 23, 2016
Phonefanatic:

Apple fan boys are coming for your head.

Lol. They are here already in troops.
Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by Phonefanatic: 4:38pm On Aug 23, 2016
ollah2:

Lol you dey mind them. 16GB is more than enough. 720p is more than enough. 1700m mAh is extremely more than enough. I can't laugh

They fail to tell apple the simple truth which is they can do better. I remember they once said 5inch screen is not necessary somehow apple went that way and the isheeps sang along.
Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by Phonefanatic: 4:41pm On Aug 23, 2016
ollah2:

Lol. They are here already in troops.

They didn't allow me breathe in page 2. Seems like a virus that has eaten deep even one self acclaimed apple professor was asking if iPhone us VPN..... At that point I stopped writing.
Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by solepager(m): 4:41pm On Aug 23, 2016
Bossmd:

All these complaints you are making are very minor things bro. No limitations with Apple. Just admit it.

You need something badly....what? Movie? Music? Photo? Document? App? All is easy as flash. Just install Xender on your iOS device and you are limitless. You could also collect stuffs with flash from your friends computer and put on yours. It's not really safe connecting your precious phone to every computer you see. Any app you need is in the App Store. Like someone advised earlier, before getting an iPhone or iPad get a PC or MacBook first. The rest is easy.
it still begs the question...why cant it work alone. if i install xender in my iphone can it pair with an android?
Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by Bossmd: 4:45pm On Aug 23, 2016
Phonefanatic:

Why go through those stress for such an expensive phone?

You asked me this question before so explain why one should be getting PC or MacBook after buying such an expensive phone.
I thought you said it can do and undo cheesy cheesy cheesy

How is it stress? What is the best way to transfer large files?
Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by Phonefanatic: 4:45pm On Aug 23, 2016
solepager:
it still begs the question...why cant it work alone. if i install xender in my iphone can it pair with an android?

It pairs flawlessly thanks to Xender but whatever app or music you send will likely get wiped clean on next sync with a laptop... Doesn't make sense still.
Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by ollah2: 4:47pm On Aug 23, 2016
Phonefanatic:

They fail to tell apple the simple truth which is they can do better. I remember they once said 5inch screen is not necessary somehow apple went that way and the isheeps sang along.

Wonder why they are tagged iSheeps? And not iDogs, iCats. Cos they mostly exhibit sheepish behaviour. This thread confirms that too. U must have forgotten the PPI thing too.
Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by Phonefanatic: 4:47pm On Aug 23, 2016
Bossmd:

How is it stress? What is the best way to transfer large files?

Large files? You mean I see a song I like on the Web but can't download and store on my phone until I get a laptop to sync it or purchase from app store grin grin cmon bro that's archaic in 2016

1 Like

Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by ollah2: 4:49pm On Aug 23, 2016
Phonefanatic:

They didn't allow me breathe in page 2. Seems like a virus that has eaten deep even one self acclaimed apple professor was asking if iPhone us VPN..... At that point I stopped writing.

Lmao plus one bro. Typical from a self acclaimed Apple professor
Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by solepager(m): 4:49pm On Aug 23, 2016
Phonefanatic:

It pairs flawlessly thanks to Xender but whatever app or music you send will likely get wiped clean on next sync with a laptop... Doesn't make sense still.
pls let me be clear. I have an iphone. I can collect whatever app/music/video from any other phone be it iphone or android. But once its plugged to a pc..it clears except apps i have downloaded myself..right?
Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by Bossmd: 4:51pm On Aug 23, 2016
Phonefanatic:

iUsers ain't complaining grin grin
Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by Phonefanatic: 4:53pm On Aug 23, 2016
ollah2:

Lmao plus one bro. Typical from a self acclaimed Apple professor

I already told the OP not to mind the hype about Apple he reads here nor from those paid Website reviews and YouTube videos let him visit phone forums and read from day to day users concerning their experiences only then will he discover the truth.
Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by Phonefanatic: 4:54pm On Aug 23, 2016
solepager:
pls let me be clear. I have an iphone. I can collect whatever app/music/video from any other phone be it iphone or android. But once its plugged to a pc..it clears except apps i have downloaded myself..right?

100% right grin. In summary only apps you downloaded from app store.
Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by Decale: 4:54pm On Aug 23, 2016
ollah1:

It's beyond optimisation that guys have been screaming all day long. The chipset and OS plays bigger roles too. Why do you think the Exynos conserves more battery than Snapdragon.

You're killing your points grin

Is the tab s2 not exynos?
I just gave you a comparison of same screen size, resolution and different os and you're repeating the os has to with it. Before nko?

This is where I gave up on you:

less battery capacity
Fugly designs compared to note 4 and 5
720p display on 2015

In your mindset, you want iPhone to be beefed with specs with QHD, 3500mAh and a very "cute design"

What do you mean by iPhones are behind the competition? What more do you want: A resolution that is invisible to the eye, higher capacity RAM to do what?Based on your logic, a Oneplus 3 is more advanced than an iPhone 6s grin

This is where you guys make mistakes. No doubt iOS conserve battery more than Android but it doesn't automatically translate to good battery life. The S7 is pushing 4 times the display of 6s and 2 times the display of 6s plus but you always neglect this.

Chei. This your statement get as e be, conserving battery life not equating to good battery life. I am not understanding
Besides, weren't Amoleds constructed in such a way that it uses the same or negligible increase in power with a higher resolution? Or did I read wrong on Amoleds?
I also compared iPad pro with a smaller resolution of tab s2. What would be your reason in here now? Lol

I'm not done oooo
I don't know if the iPhone 6S is faster.I don't believe in any speed tests where the apps being compare are not the stock apps that come on the phone.
All you have todo is install a couple apps that are faster or slower on one phone or the other and cheat the test.

Since you don't believe in professionals, can you do your tests yourselves? I was doubting Greenhulk claims till I opened the same apps on an s7 and 6s. Voila, he's right. Since you said benchmarks are trash, what will you say about this one?

The s6 beats the 6s hands down

This is your fanboyism at its peak and no point arguing with you.

PS I use an s6, yes an android.
Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by Nobody: 4:58pm On Aug 23, 2016
Phonefanatic:

Pls don't get me wrong. I didn't say Samsung's ram increase was unnecessary, it is the way android is built that require more ram. I made that post because ollah was downgrading iphones for using 2gb of ram and I asked him why would apple increase their ram when 2gb of ram runs well and even faster than Samsung's 4gb of ram. It is an os thing, if android require more ram to run smoothly that's their business, 2gb of ram is just ok for iOS, so android phones having up to 6gb of ram is not a win against ios with 2gb of ram since the ram on ios devices is more than enough to run any task. Do u understand me now?

Now about vr... The only android phone that runs serious vr right now are Samsung phones with qhd display using rje gear vr. Every other android phones with at least 1080p display can only use cardboard vr apps and believe me the experience is nothing compared to Samsung's gear vr.. I have both cardboard and gear vr. Any android that runs anything less than snapdragon 801 will struggle with cardboard vr. Cardboard vr however works with iphones as it doesn't require any connection. I have used cardboard apps on my iPhone.

That doesn't mean they would run well with gear vr because it is not yet optimized. But when apple finally decide to go into vr the os will get optimized. But as it is right now, cardboard vr apps works well on iphones.
There are tons of vr apps on the apple app store.

Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by ollah2: 5:18pm On Aug 23, 2016
Decale:

You're killing your points grin

Is the tab s2 not exynos?
I just gave you a comparison of same screen size, resolution and different os and you're repeating the os has to with it. Before nko?

Dey lie small small nah. Tab is is pushing QHD while air is pushing 1080p. Tab 2 also has a smaller battery capacity compared to Air.

This is where I gave up on you:

less battery capacity
Fugly designs compared to note 4 and 5
720p display on 2015

Why should you give up on me with those points? Why would a 900USD phone be equipped with 720p and 16gb and can't even be increased? Can you buy a TV worth 200k which has LCD screen and isn't smart? Don't be a sheep. I didn't say note 4 and 5. I said series 4 and 5 which meant iPhone 4 and 5 series.

In your mindset, you want iPhone to be beefed with specs with QHD, 3500mAh and a very "cute design"

What do you mean by iPhones are behind the competition? What more do you want: A resolution that is invisible to the eye, higher capacity RAM to do what?Based on your logic, a Oneplus 3 is more advanced than an iPhone 6s grin

Whatever Apple does or says is the best. They think for you. They know what you want. They know where you should sleep and where to fvck ur girl. Damn it. If I'm buying a high end phone which cost close to a thousand usd I should be having the best technology can offer. Why did Apple increase the 6s RAM? Why would Apple include OIS in plus and not in the basic versions? Since resolution doesn't matter, what the purpose of VR?

Chei. This your statement get as e be, conserving battery life not equating to good battery life. I am not understanding
Besides, weren't Amoleds constructed in such a way that it uses the same or negligible increase in power with a higher resolution? Or did I read wrong on Amoleds?
I also compared iPad pro with a smaller resolution of tab s2. What would be your reason in here now? Lol

I'm not done oooo

Since you don't believe in professionals, can you do your tests yourselves? I was doubting Greenhulk claims till I opened the same apps on an s7 and 6s. Voila, he's right. Since you said benchmarks are trash, what will you say about this one?

I answered this already. Scroll up

This is your fanboyism at its peak and no point arguing with you.

Well the deficition of fanboyism excessively loyal fan of a product and/or its company who blindly supports the every action of said product/company without question or reasoning. And I see that in isheeps. They justify whatever Apple says and does ..

PS I use an s6, yes an android.

The emboldened

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply)

Afrione Gravity Z1, Firs Made-In-Nigeria Phone Launched. See Specifications / Glo Launches Another Whooping Data Plan, Will You Rock It? / My Experience Using Tecno L8 + Few Specs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 86
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.