Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,744 members, 7,820,570 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:18 PM

iPhone 6S: Honest Review - Phones (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / iPhone 6S: Honest Review (70045 Views)

Xiaomi Redmi 5 Unboxing Honest Review Pros And Cons Pics Included / Leagoo M9 Unboxing And Honest Review...tecno Over Rated Way Too Much / Honest Review On Bluboo X550 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by Nobody: 9:53pm On Aug 22, 2016
Elxandre:

Yes, I don't also believe custom roms are perfect too, but real techies and nerds will not sleep well without messing with their OS.
They don't get tired. Lol

cc greenhulk

Been there, done that, now I'm retired. I just want a phone that works out of the box. What are the thugs i need from a mobile phone?

1. Good design. Samsung and iPhone do that for me. I want a phone I will grab and experience the premium feel, a phone that is beautiful to look at.

2. Speed: iPhone does this for me. Samsung also does but with a little hiccup here and there once in a while. I had a terrible experience with lg g3 (the 2gb version), beautiful display but with some major lag on kikat. Got updated to lollipop but the lag existed, very very poor at multitasking, u can't open 2 apps at the same time without reloading. The memory leak was fixed after marshmallow update but still not perfect, apps still reload when u open 4 apps, and u can't open 2 games at the same time without reloading. A phone that I will unlock without hassles, open apps very fast with zero lag while navigating or multitasking.

3. Great camera: Samsung does this for me. Iphones are no slouch either especially the 6s.

4. Decent battery life: I don't need a 6,000mah battery chunky phone, if I want to go hard-core crazy I'll use my tablet or my laptop. IPhone does this for me... Unfortunately I've never had a good experience with any Samsung phone. I've used s2, s3, note 2, s5, LG g3, htc one m7, galaxy s6.. All are disappointing in the battery department after a few months of usage. However I know the galaxy s6 edge plus and note 4 have better batteries.

5. Great display: No phone can beat Samsung in this department. But I must confess my iPhone has better readability under direct sunlight. I'm not even talking about iPhone 6s but iPhone 5s. Waiting for the iPhone 7.
Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by bimbor(m): 9:55pm On Aug 22, 2016
To be honest I am impressed with all the contributions so far. I got banned by antispam bot yesterday for quoting smebody's ID here I think cheesy cheesy

Anyway, I thank you all for all the enlightenment. I have really learnt so much from all the protagonists and antagonists grin

I will wait for the iPhone 7 before making a final decision, But I fear it will be very pricey though.
Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by Dam5reey(m): 10:42pm On Aug 22, 2016
So una don write 4 pages plus....
Outdated or updated... All na time wasting... Nothing special about phones.... Phone will always remain phone....
The apps you run are the main thing...
Happy with my Elife E7..

Maybe when this guys reach Iphone 10 or S10..By then phone might be 500k.. lol.. then I will get one..

Apple sold over 1billion phone got me thinking

2 Likes

Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by Bossmd: 11:07pm On Aug 22, 2016
Dam5reey:
So una don write 4 pages plus....
Outdated or updated... All na time wasting... Nothing special about phones.... Phone will always remain phone....
The apps you run are the main thing...
Happy with my Elife E7..

Maybe when this guys reach Iphone 10 or S10..By then phone might be 500k.. lol.. then I will get one..

Apple sold over 1billion phone got me thinking

Looool.....This thread is just getting more and more hilarious cheesy grin
Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by Bossmd: 11:14pm On Aug 22, 2016
Meanwhile for those saying that once you own Apple devices you are stuck on to one PC, well that is not totally true. There are ways of moving your iTunes media from your old Computer to your new Computer and you will still have all your apps intact as well as your media when you sync with your new PC.

I keep saying it that there are no impossibilities with Apple. If you are having a problem it's probably cos you haven't figured out the solution. Everything has a solution which you only need to dig further to find. The only thing is you can't sync your device with your friends PC, Do I need to explain why that is not necessary? Security of course.

So with Apple the world is at your feet folks.
Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by nani667: 12:33am On Aug 23, 2016
Hmmm...
Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by Bossmd: 4:47am On Aug 23, 2016
Check the Antutu Benchmark for 2015. You can see the clear winner! The Usain Bolt of the smartphone industry grin grin

That gap na like when Usain Bolt gap Gatlin grin

The difference is 7up.

Needless to say the 2016 report will follow a similar trend abi is there anybody that can win Usain Bolt? Nah! cheesy cheesy

Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by solepager(m): 5:16am On Aug 23, 2016
Bossmd:
Meanwhile for those saying that once you own Apple devices you are stuck on to one PC, well that is not totally true. There are ways of moving your iTunes media from your old Computer to your new Computer and you will still have all your apps intact as well as your media when you sync with your new PC.

I keep saying it that there are no impossibilities with Apple. If you are having a problem it's probably cos you haven't figured out the solution. Everything has a solution which you only need to dig further to find. The only thing is you can't sync your device with your friends PC, Do I need to explain why that is not necessary? Security of course.

true bro. But my question is why should i have to be stuck with a pc to even sync with my phone. If my pc spoil nko. A phone should be able to be independent on its own. My real issue is not being able to even share with other device. Its not possible to have every app/movie/music/doc downloaded by yourself. Just that moment you'll need something badly to just do and move on...oh i cant share...oh i left my pc{at home}. Its just somehow to me sha,

i like the phone but i strongly believe that if the share restriction is remove{not jailbreaking} they would leave android licking the dust
Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by dasphinx1(m): 6:41am On Aug 23, 2016
i swear mehn, this thread is a breathe of fresh air..... A very good morning guys
Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by Phonefanatic: 9:19am On Aug 23, 2016
solepager:
true bro. But my question is why should i have to be stuck with a pc to even sync with my phone. If my pc spoil nko. A phone should be able to be independent on its own. My real issue is not being able to even share with other device. Its not possible to have every app/movie/music/doc downloaded by yourself. Just that moment you'll need something badly to just do and move on...oh i cant share...oh i left my pc{at home}. Its just somehow to me sha,
i like the phone but i strongly believe that if the share restriction is remove{not jailbreaking} they would leave android licking the dust

Apple fan boys will tell you it's not restriction but protection against imaginary virus or security grin.

1 Like

Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by Phonefanatic: 10:05am On Aug 23, 2016
Bossmd:

Kindly explain to us how to move it easily. I would like to learn.
Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by Phonefanatic: 10:10am On Aug 23, 2016
bimbor:
To be honest I am impressed with all the contributions so far. I got banned by antispam bot yesterday for quoting smebody's ID here I think cheesy cheesy

Anyway, I thank you all for all the enlightenment. I have really learnt so much from all the protagonists and antagonists grin

I will wait for the iPhone 7 before making a final decision, But I fear it will be very pricey though.

Don't bother about waiting for iPhone 7 cos it will take about 2months to get to Nigeria market after release secondly prepare 250k upwards or wait another 5months to see if prices will go down.
Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by Bossmd: 12:20pm On Aug 23, 2016
Phonefanatic:

Apple fan boys will tell you it's not restriction but protection against imaginary virus or security grin.

Yes na grin
Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by Bossmd: 12:27pm On Aug 23, 2016
Phonefanatic:

Don't bother about waiting for iPhone 7 cos it will take about 2months to get to Nigeria market after release secondly prepare 250k upwards or wait another 5months to see if prices will go down.

Says who? Amazon nko? Or you think say na everybody dey use Konga?
Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by somehowpenis(m): 12:48pm On Aug 23, 2016
You could easily order from ebay or amazon..
Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by Bossmd: 1:20pm On Aug 23, 2016
solepager:

All these complaints you are making are very minor things bro. No limitations with Apple. Just admit it.

You need something badly....what? Movie? Music? Photo? Document? App? All is easy as flash. Just install Xender on your iOS device and you are limitless. You could also collect stuffs with flash from your friends computer and put on yours. It's not really safe connecting your precious phone to every computer you see. Any app you need is in the App Store. Like someone advised earlier, before getting an iPhone or iPad get a PC or MacBook first. The rest is easy.
Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by Nobody: 2:13pm On Aug 23, 2016
somehowpenis:
yes you can, because Apple has a very neat and great way of handling battery in standby mode, i was watching a YouTube comparrison between the samsung s7, iphone 6s , 6 and 5s , their battery were all on 100%, when he finished the comparrison, the iphone 6s was still on 100, the 6 was also still on 100, the 5s was on 98, the samsung s7 was on 94%..

Thats just how it is, although battery mah do matter but i use the 6s , and bro honestly i am a very heavy user and when i use my phone very very heavily, it gets me from 7am to around 3pm in the afternoon, it will be on 25% and i will require a boost to the battery again which takes me till midnight.. Thats when i am using it heavily..

But on light use, thats when i go to work and just slightly bring out my phone every once in a while to browse at intervals, around 6pm in the evening when i close my office, i still have up to 86% battery life left, because the standby implementation of ios is simply superb..

This is where you guys make mistakes. No doubt iOS conserve battery more than Android but it doesn't automatically translate to good battery life. The S7 is pushing 4 times the display of 6s and 2 times the display of 6s plus but you always neglect this.
Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by Phonefanatic: 2:17pm On Aug 23, 2016
Bossmd:

Says who? Amazon nko? Or you think say na everybody dey use Konga?

Amazon ke? How do you handle exchange rate?
Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by Nobody: 2:20pm On Aug 23, 2016
Bossmd:
@Op the question is not whether to buy S7 edge or iPhone 6S but the question should be whether to buy iPhone 6S or 6S plus. Just forget Samsung they have poor battery life.

Samsung has poor battery life and iPhone does have good battery life right?? In your dreams.

Iphones 6 and 6s has one of the worst batteries. The plus versions are just averagely ok.
Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by Nobody: 2:33pm On Aug 23, 2016
greenhulk:

Actually Apple usually make major upgrades every 2 years, it is a known fact that the 's' series are just minor upgrades to previous model. Samsung has also gone the same route. Galaxy s6 is an overhaul of the s5.. but s7 is a minor upgrade from the s6 (Samsung decided not to add sd card to the s6 so they could add it to s7). Same thing with the note 7 which is a minor upgrade to Note 5.

Is it a bad thing? NOPE. Technology is moving so fast that is is no longer possible for phone makers to bring out a completely different design and features on a yearly basis.

Comparing Samsung and Apple with this reasons is way outta it. Samsung didn't include sd card support 2015 S and Note series simply because UFS didn't support sd card. They have found a way now doesn't mean they did last year when it newly debuted.

Samsung is way ahead of Apple hardware wise and in some software features which makes it harder for Samsung to include new features every year but regardless of thag fact, they are still miles ahead of Apple at the moment hence S7 series been successful and Note 7 receiving good accolades.

Apple stuck with 720 display till late 2015. 16GB phones. No OIS on the basic versions. Less battery capacities. Fugly design compared to 4 and 5 series. Less ram size.

Apple knw exactly what they are doing. They are releasing small incremental changes while walking to the bank with loads of cash.
Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by Nobody: 2:45pm On Aug 23, 2016
Phonefanatic:

I'm honestly waiting too to see the change the next iphone brings along and if it's worth switching to iOS as for the Note 7 it's a fail for whoever wants to upgrade from S7.

This phone companies know exactly what to do but they won't they just want to keep fooling the customers I mean we can actually have a phone with 10000mah if they wish but no time never reach to release am cheesy.

If you thinking of switching to iOS this year then you are on a long thing cos apple doesn't have anything to release this year. I see only the dual camera as the feature been added and it could still be behind its competitors like other iphones are.

Note 7 isn't meant for s7 users. Why would you switch to a new phone of same company within months. It doesn't make any sense. Just how senseless it is to switch from 6 to 6s. But guess what? It makes every sense to switch from last year galaxies to this year's versions.
Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by Nobody: 2:49pm On Aug 23, 2016
greenhulk:

One thing with iphones is they will always sell no matter what they put out. And the funny thing is other oems will follow suit. When iPhone started with non removable battery people cried foul, but today u can hardly see a flagship android phone with removable battery. When iPhone switched to micro sim same thing happens, and now u can hardly see a smartphone with standard sim. Again iPhone switched to nano sim and now every flagship phones come with nano sim.

Now for the headphones, well I don't actually support the disappearance of the headphone jack but if it means better audio then so be it. The thing is a normal cheap headphone doesn't have a built in DAC (digital to analogue converter) so it is relying in the built in DAC from the phone for better sound. But there are some expensive headphones out there with in built DAC but when u use them with a phone u won't be able to experience the full potential because the phone's DAC is not powerful enough. Taking away the headphone jack means those headphones will come with lightning port which is a multimedia port just like usb c port. That way those heavy headphones can make use of their own in built DAC which is better than the phone's DAC to produce optimum audio performance. U might not notice the difference with cheap headphones but when u use a high end headphone with ur phone u will notice it wouldn't work to its full potential because the phone's DAC is just not powerful enoigh.

I really don't k ow how to explain this but watch this video by marques brownlee to understand better.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2b1VPqCrk2c

And I can guarantee u that within 2 years every top android phone makers will adopt this. By the way apple is not the first to implement this.... Motorola moto z and moto z force don't have headphone jack.

LeEco as well
Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by Nobody: 2:54pm On Aug 23, 2016
Bossmd:

Dey there dey talk wetin you no know cheesy

Check my App drawer in the screenshot below, there is a "Calculator" app there, Oya come use am calculate na cheesy grin.

My brother you are only limited to what you know, you cannot argue that.

Have you forgotten that same Oyibo wey do pencil na im do eraser? You amuse me with your myopic posts.

Nobody holds on to a phone all day bro.....it is not humanly possible.

And forget all those Samsung hypes of Super AMOLED and 534ppi. From Expert Scientific research the naked human eye cannot see above 400ppi. So Samsung will only advertis 534 ppi to deceive naive buyers.

That Samsung hypes of super AMOLED will be hitting iphones next year and we will hear words like. IT'S REVOLUTIONARY. But as always isheeps don't know Samsung supply Apple with loads of parts.

Btw. Virtual Reality says hi to you and until your iPhone can do this, keep watching droid users enjoy every penny spent on their phones
Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by Nobody: 3:12pm On Aug 23, 2016
somehowpenis:
i actually did this on my htc one m8, it , my battery would last like crazy and charged very fast, i was happy.. It ended up messing my battery up, i spent 3000 tp change my battery, i tweaked it with googy max kernel.. Trust me tweaking does moreharm than good, their is a reason why your battery and phone was programmed to work that way from the company..

Most tweakers who know what they are doing won't stop tweaking. Yes, u tweaked to extend your battery life knowing fully well it will kill your battery in a king run. You should be prepared buying a new battery after sometime. Some tweakers just wanna explore a phone in every way possible for a particular period and move on to the next thing.
Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by Nobody: 3:18pm On Aug 23, 2016
CaptEColeJnr:
At least you acknowledged the fact that Google Play has more apps than Apple store,unlike other talking hogwash!

Now what do you mean by 'useless apps'... The developers put them there to satisfy various tastes people have,the fact you don't find them useful doesn't mean others won't.

With an S7,I enjoy a lot of advantages like freedom... (no need to tweak)
Let's look at Google Photo for example,very fantastic! It provides unlimited storage for my photos etc. Unlike. ICloud which is a disastergrin

With an s7,you can enjoy unlimited apps and an additional option of third party, perfect emailing system better than that of 6s.. Fast typing,as the punctuations are in the same screen as the alphabets and it also has a swipe gesture which 6s doesn't have.

The s6 beat the 6s hands down Bro.

Fixed
Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by Nobody: 3:23pm On Aug 23, 2016
greenhulk:

This is what we call wireless wireless.

I have actually thought about this thing years ago cos I've always hated wires. Also, the headphones have always been too big and busy
Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by Bossmd: 3:26pm On Aug 23, 2016
ollah1:

This is where you guys make mistakes. No doubt iOS conserve battery more than Android but it doesn't automatically translate to good battery life. The S7 is pushing 4 times the display of 6s and 2 times the display of 6s plus but you always neglect this.

My brother what we are saying is that Apple iPhone will push that same display and still have a better battery than Samsungs Android powered devices. Samsung are beginning to realize the havoc Android place on their products and they are gradually moving towards their own eco system "Tizen". The first Tizen powered Samsung device "Z2" will soon go live. The problem is with Android thanks to a process called garbage collection that hampers the Java-based apps that run on Android.

So when we talk about iPhone being better than Samsung we are not hating on Samsung rather we are stating a categorical fact.

1 Like

Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by Nobody: 3:26pm On Aug 23, 2016
Decale:

And you know this because....

Technology ain't static. The 1080p on s5 had worse battery than the QHD on s6, same thing goes for note 3 and note 4. Even z5 premium with the "4k screen" has a better battery life than the normal z5.

The problem is optimization. The QHD on iPad pro battery is top notch. What of the retina display on the MacBook pro?
Okay if you insist, Samsung Tab S2 and iPad air have the same resolution, screen size but the former uses the battery conserving "Super Amoled" and a beefier battery unlike the iPad air 2. Go compare their battery life...

Lol

It's beyond optimisation that guys have been screaming all day long. The chipset and OS plays bigger roles too. Why do you think the Exynos conserves more battery than Snapdragon.
Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by Nobody: 3:32pm On Aug 23, 2016
Bossmd:
Check the Antutu Benchmark for 2015. You can see the clear winner! The Usain Bolt of the smartphone industry grin grin

That gap na like when Usain Bolt gap Gatlin grin

The difference is 7up.

Needless to say the 2016 report will follow a similar trend abi is there anybody that can win Usain Bolt? Nah! cheesy cheesy

Benchmarks are trash. Antutu is even the worst
Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by Nobody: 3:34pm On Aug 23, 2016
Bossmd:

My brother what we are saying is that Apple iPhone will push that same display and still have a better battery than Samsungs Android powered devices. Samsung are beginning to realize the havoc Android place on their products and they are gradually moving towards their own eco system "Tizen". The first Tizen powered Samsung device "Z2" will soon go live. The problem is with Android thanks to a process called garbage collection that hampers the Java-based apps that run on Android.

So when we talk about iPhone being better than Samsung we are not hating on Samsung rather we are stating a categorical fact.

My brother I've stated earlier than Android is a battery hogger and it's a known fact but the bolded statement got me thinking. Better than Samsung in what department (s)?
Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by Nobody: 3:38pm On Aug 23, 2016
ollah1:

Comparing Samsung and Apple with this reasons is way outta it. Samsung didn't include sd card support 2015 S and Note series simply because UFS didn't support sd card. They have found a way now doesn't mean they did last year when it newly debuted.

Samsung is way ahead of Apple hardware wise and in some software features which makes it harder for Samsung to include new features every year but regardless of thag fact, they are still miles ahead of Apple at the moment hence S7 series been successful and Note 7 receiving good accolades.

Apple stuck with 720 display till late 2015. 16GB phones. No OIS on the basic versions. Less battery capacities. Fugly design compared to 4 and 5 series. Less ram size.

Apple knw exactly what they are doing. They are releasing small incremental changes while walking to the bank with loads of cash.

I am ask u a simple question and I want an honest answer, (mind u I'm not a fan boy, I use both os and know their weak points).

So the question is what reason do we need more ram on our phones? Is it not so that it can run heavy tasks without issues, to be able to multitask with ease without lag or hanging, to increase productivity. So then why would apple add more ram to their phones when 2gb of ram iPhone 6s is already faster and keep apps in memory than a 4gb of ram galaxy note 7? If u want proof I'll post I videos. Heck even a 6gb ram one plus 3 is not faster than 2gb ram iPhone 6s. It's all about optimization, apple don't need to add ram just for the sake of it... They add when it is necessary.
Re: iPhone 6S: Honest Review by Bossmd: 3:38pm On Aug 23, 2016
ollah1:

That Samsung hypes of super AMOLED will be hitting iphones next year and we will hear words like. IT'S REVOLUTIONARY. But as always isheeps don't know Samsung supply Apple with loads of parts.

Btw. Virtual Reality says hi to you and until your iPhone can do this, keep watching droid users enjoy every penny spent on their phones

Most OEMs outsource parts....Foxconn is a major supplier to Apple. Samsung also outsource some of their parts. Yes, Sammy will supply AMOLED screens to Apple beginning next year, big deal? Apple will still utilize that AMOLED display more than Sammy do. Until Samsung create their own unique OS count me out of the Samsung bandwagon and buggy Android.

When you use the Apple products you will know "Life's Good" grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (24) (Reply)

Samsung Replaces Microsd Card With UFS 2.0 / Afrione Gravity Z1, Firs Made-In-Nigeria Phone Launched. See Specifications / My Experience Using Tecno L8 + Few Specs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 95
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.