Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,602 members, 7,816,495 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:57 AM

Bromleigh McCleneghan: Sex Before Marriage Is Good - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Bromleigh McCleneghan: Sex Before Marriage Is Good (75465 Views)

What Does The Bible Say About Sex Before Marriage? / "Apostle Suleman Uses His Tongue On Me During Sex Before Preaching" - Otobo / Pastor: "Women See The Manhood Size Of Your Man Before Marriage" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Bromleigh McCleneghan: Sex Before Marriage Is Good by pippimp(m): 7:00pm On Aug 24, 2016
SC31:
lol are you for real,so you know how many people have had sex and still don't get married to each other

Yup. I am for real. That is the point. Have plenty of safe sex before marriage to know who you are sexually and what you want in a partner. You are taking the importance of sexual compatibility in a marriage lightly. Ok. I hope you don't find out the hard way.

2 Likes

Re: Bromleigh McCleneghan: Sex Before Marriage Is Good by rosalieene(f): 7:02pm On Aug 24, 2016
All I can say is .......
I love you Lord God Almighty. Help me to abide by your words.

2 Likes

Re: Bromleigh McCleneghan: Sex Before Marriage Is Good by SC31(f): 7:04pm On Aug 24, 2016
pippimp:

For your own good, you might wanna take this advice. When you are married is not the time to find out your husband is either, impotent, too sexually active, not sexually active enough, a freak and you're not, can't last long, lasts too long, goes on forever and you can't, etc There are two main reason why marriages breakup;

1. Finance

2. Sex.

This is a fact.
you should probably read this "I'm happy you know what the bible says, and I'm sure you'll be very happy to please God. It takes faith to walk with God. Do you know its only God that can guarantee peace, joy and calm in your marriage? Why should we now disobey him because we're trying to secure the future we don't even have power over. Bible says ''seek ye first the kingdom of God and its righteousness, and all other things shall be added unto you...''...now imagine you are a relationship and you have sex and you find out your partner is not sexually compatible with you,then you end thingss with him/her right and you keep that up till you miraculously find someone that's compatible with you Btw how do you have such thoughts of thinking your partner is not sexually compatible if you've never had sex before undecided and again that's why we even have guidance counsellors.....The reason people have such thoughts that their partner is not sexually compatible to them is because they've have sex before with other people before their current partner.

2 Likes

Re: Bromleigh McCleneghan: Sex Before Marriage Is Good by pippimp(m): 7:09pm On Aug 24, 2016
SC31:
you should probably read this "I'm happy you know what the bible says, and I'm sure you'll be very happy to please God. It takes faith to walk with God. Do you know its only God that can guarantee peace, joy and calm in your marriage? Why should we now disobey him because we're trying to secure the future we don't even have power over. Bible says ''seek ye first the kingdom of God and its righteousness, and all other things shall be added unto you...''...now imagine you are a relationship and you have sex and you find out your partner is not sexually compatible with you,then you end thingss with him/her right and you keep that up till you miraculously find someone that's compatible with you Btw how do you have such thoughts of thinking your partner is not sexually compatible if you've never had sex before undecided and again that's why we even have guidance counsellors.....The reason people have such thoughts that their partner is not sexually compatible to them is because they've have sex before with other people before their current partner.

Religion is the bane of ignorant people. Let me tell you a true story. When i met my wife, she was everything i could ever want in a woman. She was and is freakishly beautiful, thin, sexy, kind, humble etc. But, there was one thing i was not sure of. Could i live with her and not get tired of her? Only one way to find out. I demanded we live together for a year. She refused. I knew i wanted to marry her and it was up to her to prove me wrong. She eventually agreed. Her family was pissed but i did not give a phuck. I'm going to marry her not them. After a year we got married. I have never cheated on her once. And guess what? We've been married almost two decades. Meanwhile, my buddies are having serious issues with their spouses because of sex. Good couples but they just don't gel physically which is why they play around. You might wanna change your perception on this issue. No one is saying be a dog but do what you have to, to be sure

1 Like

Re: Bromleigh McCleneghan: Sex Before Marriage Is Good by Spidermon: 7:11pm On Aug 24, 2016
autolearner:
My Pastor Would Always Say, If It Is Not in the Bible, DO NOT follow it!

Once there is a biblical backing for this, then it's good. But so far, i have not found one!

Id*&#s who call themselves pastors in a bid to tell this new (#artnotNudity) generation what they want to hear and fleece them will go to any length to twist and turn the bible. Reminds me of a time when an ex told me she'd like to be a muse for a topless shoot. I simply told her to walk and never look back. We can't abound in sin and ask for grace to continue.

These verses of the bible sums it all up;

2 Timothy 4:3-4

3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;
4 And they shall turn away [their] ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

2 Peter 2:1-3

1. But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.
2. And many shall follow their pernicious ways; by reason of whom the way of truth shall be evil spoken of.
3. And through covetousness shall they with feigned words make merchandise of you: whose judgment now of a long time lingereth not, and their damnation slumbereth not.

before your gf can develop the effontery to tell you she wants to go for a topless photo shoot, you two prolly must have been furcking....so miss me with all the bible passage abeg
Re: Bromleigh McCleneghan: Sex Before Marriage Is Good by Nobody: 7:13pm On Aug 24, 2016
pippimp:

Religion is the bane of ignorant people. Let me tell you a true story. When i met my wife, she was everything i could ever want in a woman. She was and is freakishly beautiful, thin, sexy, kind, humble etc. But, there was one thing i was not sure of. Could i live with her and not get tired of her? Only one way to find out. I demanded we live together for a year. She refused. I knew i wanted to marry her and it was up to her to prove me wrong. She eventually agreed. Her family was pissed but i did not give a phuck. I'm going to marry her not them. After a year we got married. I have never cheated on her once. And guess what? We've been married almost two decades. Meanwhile, my buddies are having serious issues with their spouses because of sex. Good couples but they just don't gel physically which is why they play around. You might wanna change your perception on this issue. No one is saying be a dog but do what you have to, to be sure
Hmmmm.
I have girl Im crazy about too... never cheated on her... we are thonking of going that way.. living together etc. Im still a bit skeptical but I know I want to marry her.... she 's the real deal... Lets see
Re: Bromleigh McCleneghan: Sex Before Marriage Is Good by restored2016(m): 7:15pm On Aug 24, 2016
Nairastake:
I think

He needs Jesus!
She is a She and not He but anyways I support you she needs Jesus.
Re: Bromleigh McCleneghan: Sex Before Marriage Is Good by pippimp(m): 7:19pm On Aug 24, 2016
Babzilla:

Hmmmm.
I have girl Im crazy about too... never cheated on her... we are thonking of going that way.. living together etc. Im still a bit skeptical but I know I want to marry her.... she 's the real deal... Lets see

Look bro, I will never lead you wrong. If marriage is the ultimate goal, it will behoove both of you to live together. There is no way you can pretend for that long. Remember, you are going to be waking up together everyday. Your farts, her snores, etc, will come out in the open and you both will decide if you can live with it. This is the best way to know a woman or man. My kid brother just married his wife doing exactly what i did. It's not going to be always fun, but you'll know for sure if she is the one or not.

1 Like

Re: Bromleigh McCleneghan: Sex Before Marriage Is Good by Nobody: 7:22pm On Aug 24, 2016
pippimp:

Look bro, I will never lead you wrong. If marriage is the ultimate goal, it will behoove both of you to live together. There is no way you can pretend for that long. Remember, you are going to be waking up together everyday. Your farts, her snores, etc, will come out in the open and you both will decide if you can live with it. This is the best way to know a woman. My kid brother just married his wife doing exactly what i did. It's not going to be always fun, but you'll know for sure if she is the one or not.

hmmmm. You know she said the very same thing bro but I can get old fashioned in matters such as these. I think Ill give it a shot
Re: Bromleigh McCleneghan: Sex Before Marriage Is Good by pippimp(m): 7:24pm On Aug 24, 2016
Babzilla:

hmmmm. You know she said the very same thing bro but I can get old fashioned in matters such as these. I think Ill give it a shot

I hope she is the one. Good luck.
Re: Bromleigh McCleneghan: Sex Before Marriage Is Good by SC31(f): 7:27pm On Aug 24, 2016
pippimp:

then why affiliate yourself with it.....you still don't get it,you cant do right by him and still get it wrong,so if you had gotten tired of her during that period you would have ended things.there are couples who didn't engage in premarital sex and are doing great and there are some that are not doing fine but it never makes it right that's why I quoted someone that said it takes faith to walk with God which is who we are answerable to and not man.......

2 Likes

Re: Bromleigh McCleneghan: Sex Before Marriage Is Good by pippimp(m): 7:33pm On Aug 24, 2016
SC31:
then why affiliate yourself with it.....you still don't get it,you cant do right by him and still get it wrong,so if you had gotten tired of her during that period you would have ended things.there are couples who didn't engage in premarital sex and are doing great and there are some that are not doing fine but it never makes it right that's why I quoted someone that said it takes faith to walk with God which is who we are answerable to and not man.......

I am not religious. I use my head more than just reading a book. Why? because of choice. Why deny what you do consistently. Next you'll tell me you are a virgin or going to stay a virgin till marriage. If that's the case, i'm the Emir of China.

1 Like

Re: Bromleigh McCleneghan: Sex Before Marriage Is Good by colp2015: 7:38pm On Aug 24, 2016
neocortex:

See them hypocrites!

Selecting the verses they like while ignoring others.

Here is another verse from

Galatians 5:19-21
Now the works of the flesh are evident: sexual immorality, impurity, sensuality, idolatry, sorcery, enmity, strife, jealousy, fits of anger, rivalries, dissensions, divisions, envy, drunkenness, SinParties, and things like these. I warn you, as I warned you before, that those who do such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.

Now tell me who among you is not guilty of one of the sins listed above ?

Since all "sins" are supposedly equal before the lord, of what use is someone
claiming Jesus saved them while they still do what will prevent from his kingdom ?

Is it not better to just agree that jesus has no effect on a christian's life aside
dancing in church on Sundays ?
The works of the flesh are categorized in the Bible as follow: Sins, Weights, and Leaven. The highlighted portion of your post are called Leaven.
Re: Bromleigh McCleneghan: Sex Before Marriage Is Good by Nobody: 7:39pm On Aug 24, 2016
pippimp:

I hope she is the one. Good luck.

Thanks man I pray so too.2 decades married is an achievment. Wishibg you many more decades.
I might want to ask you a few stuff about pitfalls to look out for cos I really wanna get this right

1 Like

Re: Bromleigh McCleneghan: Sex Before Marriage Is Good by goldeno10boy: 7:44pm On Aug 24, 2016
vedaxcool:
CHRISTIANITY bending to the whims of men since 10AD, the christian dominated nations continue spreading all sort of sexual perversity to every country of the world, and even sanction those who reject it...ChristanaBad grin grin grin

Anyway Christianity deviated from the path of Jesus a.s the moment Paul began preaching it and re-coining it to appeal to the Romans.
This is the perfect reason the why christianity is what it is and why Islam does not accept christianity as a the true religion of Jesus Christ (P.B.O.H). All no thanx to PAUL who after eliminating all JESUS desciple and those close to him (the only people who could have challenged him when he was destroying JESUS teaching in pretence) now comes to claim he his a believer and restructuring christianity to blend with the Roman believe(of trinity, god-the-father=zues the-son=heculis etc just read their histories and you will see the similarities)
Re: Bromleigh McCleneghan: Sex Before Marriage Is Good by goldeno10boy: 7:45pm On Aug 24, 2016
vedaxcool:
CHRISTIANITY bending to the whims of men since 10AD, the christian dominated nations continue spreading all sort of sexual perversity to every country of the world, and even sanction those who reject it...ChristanaBad grin grin grin

Anyway Christianity deviated from the path of Jesus a.s the moment Paul began preaching it and re-coining it to appeal to the Romans.
This is the perfect reason the why christianity is what it is and why Islam does not accomodate christianity as a the religion of Jesus Christ (P.B.O.H). All no thanx to PAUL who after eliminating all JESUS desciple and those close to him (the only people who could have challenged him when he was destroying JESUS teaching in pretence) now comes to claim he his a believer and restructuring christianity to blend with the Roman believe(of trinity, god-the-father=zues the-son=heculis etc just read their histories and you will see the similarities).
Re: Bromleigh McCleneghan: Sex Before Marriage Is Good by SC31(f): 7:49pm On Aug 24, 2016
pippimp:

I am not religious. I use my head more than just reading a book. Why? because of choice. Why deny what you do consistently. Next you'll tell me you are a virgin or going to stay a virgin till marriage. If that's the case, i'm the Emir of China.
lol ok now I get,you think everyone engages in premarital sex but that's totally not true,you can choose to think I am or not but like I would always say its a person thing between me and the creator so I could care less if you believe it or not...im not the type to sit on the fence,I don't select some portion of the word to please my desires....have a lovely evening sir.once again it takes faith to walk with God smiley

1 Like

Re: Bromleigh McCleneghan: Sex Before Marriage Is Good by pippimp(m): 7:50pm On Aug 24, 2016
Babzilla:

Thanks man I pray so too.2 decades married is an achievment. Wishibg you many more decades.
I might want to ask you a few stuff about pitfalls to look out for cos I really wanna get this right

The biggest thing to look out for is change. Both of you will keep changing in character and behavior. Every time something significant happens, it changes both of you and you have to be aware of this so you can adapt. Child birth, promotion at work, school, etc. Another thing is communication. Always talk and never go to bed angry with each other. At least for the first 5 years. The first 5 years is the most delicate and you have to be aware of this. Lastly, both of you need to keep improving yourselves. Your job is to teach, coach and mentor her to be at your level and eventually surpass you. This in turn galvanizes you to be on your toes to always lead the way. It spices your relationship. That's all i got.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bromleigh McCleneghan: Sex Before Marriage Is Good by neocortex: 7:52pm On Aug 24, 2016
colp2015:
The works of the flesh are categorized in the Bible as follow: Sins, Weights, and Leaven. The highlighted portion of your post are called Leaven.

Did you miss this part:

I warn you, as I warned you before, that those who do such things will not inherit the kingdom of God.
Re: Bromleigh McCleneghan: Sex Before Marriage Is Good by Nobody: 7:57pm On Aug 24, 2016
autolearner:
My Pastor Would Always Say, If It Is Not in the Bible, DO NOT follow it!

Once there is a biblical backing for this, then it's good. But so far, i have not found one!

Id*&#s who call themselves pastors in a bid to tell this new (#artnotNudity) generation what they want to hear and fleece them will go to any length to twist and turn the bible. Reminds me of a time when an ex told me she'd like to be a muse for a topless shoot. I simply told her to walk and never look back. We can't abound in sin and ask for grace to continue.

These verses of the bible sums it all up;

2 Timothy 4:3-4

3 For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine; but after their own lusts shall they heap to themselves teachers, having itching ears;
4 And they shall turn away [their] ears from the truth, and shall be turned unto fables.

2 Peter 2:1-3

1. But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.
2. And many shall follow their pernicious ways; by reason of whom the way of truth shall be evil spoken of.
3. And through covetousness shall they with feigned words make merchandise of you: whose judgment now of a long time lingereth not, and their damnation slumbereth not.
you have said it all
Re: Bromleigh McCleneghan: Sex Before Marriage Is Good by pippimp(m): 8:01pm On Aug 24, 2016
SC31:
lol ok now I get,you think everyone engages in premarital sex but that's totally not true,you can choose to think I am or not but like I would always say its a person thing between me and the creator so I could care less if you believe it or not...im not the type to sit on the fence,I don't select some portion of the word to please my desires....have a lovely evening sir.once again it takes faith to walk with God smiley

You are young. You'll learn though. Good luck.
Re: Bromleigh McCleneghan: Sex Before Marriage Is Good by squarelead(m): 8:11pm On Aug 24, 2016
Do not believe all you read

1 Like

Re: Bromleigh McCleneghan: Sex Before Marriage Is Good by Mohdeevah(f): 8:24pm On Aug 24, 2016
she needs rehab.... the basis of every Christian is the Bible, if the Bible doesn't say then don't follow....

1 Like

Re: Bromleigh McCleneghan: Sex Before Marriage Is Good by guiddoti: 8:42pm On Aug 24, 2016
Here is the conclusion of the whole matter: If only on sex before marriage you have hope, we are all men most miserable.
Re: Bromleigh McCleneghan: Sex Before Marriage Is Good by Nobody: 8:57pm On Aug 24, 2016
[color=#000099][/color].The world keeps on going down,immorality on the rise.jet or computer age,God knows none.He never changes and itz better you stick with His laid down rules b4 anybody drags you to hades
Re: Bromleigh McCleneghan: Sex Before Marriage Is Good by joyli: 9:15pm On Aug 24, 2016
Where this one spring up again? cheesy cheesy cheesy if is not in the bible my people run.. grin grin
Re: Bromleigh McCleneghan: Sex Before Marriage Is Good by Nobody: 9:18pm On Aug 24, 2016
You're correct to some extent pastor but you missed the point. Sex before marriage is OK when the two indulgers have the intention of marriage afterwards but not pleasurable OK to have sex indiscrimately.

So many ladies are not with their wombs anymore due to countless abortions and there is nothing wrong if the man puts an acid test on the lady and marries quickly when she becomes pregnant.

Indulging in sex without a purpose is sexual immorality and against the commandments of God.
Re: Bromleigh McCleneghan: Sex Before Marriage Is Good by ebenholer(m): 9:19pm On Aug 24, 2016
Now u see how devils is seriously exploiting females to win this world Satan in total. Imagine the twisted grammar to justify the evil act.
Re: Bromleigh McCleneghan: Sex Before Marriage Is Good by kaystones(m): 9:34pm On Aug 24, 2016
Jethrolite:
A pastor has authored a book which says it’s okay for singles to indulge in sex before marriage, Christian or not.

Having sex outside marriage even though accepted by society, is frowned upon by christians. An author, Bromleigh McCleneghan, has attempted to explain why it may be okay to actually indulge in ‘guilt-free’ sex even as a single christian who doesn’t conform to the world (okay na).

According to her, it’s okay to have sex along as it’s “mutually pleasurable and affirming“. She also said it’s not by force to stay off sex, especially if you became single by circumstance.

The married mother of three who is also an associate pastor at the Union Church of Hinsdale in Chicago, USA, said it’s also great to be faithful to your sexual partner, even if you are both unmarried.

Here’s what she said below:

“If we refrain from having sex that isn’t mutually pleasurable and affirming, that doesn’t respect the sacred worth of ourselves and our partners…Chastity, or just sex, requires that whether we are married or unmarried, our sex lives restrain our egos, restrain our desire for physical pleasure when pursuing it would bring harm to self or other.”

What do you think?

https://www.naij.com/940458-endtime-pastor-says-okay-marriage.html

No wonder the church made her associate pastor cos d leaders knew it she is unstable n undeserving 4 her 2 be a presiding pastor. End time pastor Mrs.
Re: Bromleigh McCleneghan: Sex Before Marriage Is Good by NaBanga: 9:46pm On Aug 24, 2016
Even outside of religion, it's a bad idea to have sex with multiple people. Doing so increases the spread of disease. If you have sex with everyone you "date", you are subjecting yourself and others to potential sickness.
Re: Bromleigh McCleneghan: Sex Before Marriage Is Good by Emu4life(m): 9:47pm On Aug 24, 2016
Jethrolite:
A pastor has authored a book which says it’s okay for singles to indulge in sex before marriage, Christian or not.

Having sex outside marriage even though accepted by society, is frowned upon by christians. An author, Bromleigh McCleneghan, has attempted to explain why it may be okay to actually indulge in ‘guilt-free’ sex even as a single christian who doesn’t conform to the world (okay na).

According to her, it’s okay to have sex along as it’s “mutually pleasurable and affirming“. She also said it’s not by force to stay off sex, especially if you became single by circumstance.

The married mother of three who is also an associate pastor at the Union Church of Hinsdale in Chicago, USA, said it’s also great to be faithful to your sexual partner, even if you are both unmarried.

Here’s what she said below:

“If we refrain from having sex that isn’t mutually pleasurable and affirming, that doesn’t respect the sacred worth of ourselves and our partners…Chastity, or just sex, requires that whether we are married or unmarried, our sex lives restrain our egos, restrain our desire for physical pleasure when pursuing it would bring harm to self or other.”

What do you think?

https://www.naij.com/940458-endtime-pastor-says-okay-marriage.html
Na 2day? Xtianity and Fornication......u knw d usual picture
Re: Bromleigh McCleneghan: Sex Before Marriage Is Good by Coolgent(m): 10:20pm On Aug 24, 2016
Christianity is a curse to humanity!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Bishop Tomé Ferreira da Silva Resigns Over His Masturbation Video / Oyedepo’s Church, Winners Chapel Burnt Down Over Purported Support For Jonathan / Ex-Pope Benedict XVI Celebrates 90th Birthday With Beer (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.