Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,333 members, 7,829,847 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 12:35 PM

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered - Travel (116) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered (312281 Views)

Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part 3 / Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered Part2 / Toefl For Tier 4 Pbs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) ... (141) (Go Down)

Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by nana28: 6:43am On Aug 20, 2011
Nice one Justwise, thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by kolajoo(m): 7:47am On Aug 20, 2011
This is to inform all travelers that cash ticket to anywhere in the world with any airline available @good rate, try us now and i know you will have a successfully story to tell,

Contact Kola for more inquiry/booking.
kolaomomummy@yahoo.com
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by BigPhil1: 5:50pm On Aug 20, 2011
Dear all,
What is the best airline, air route ( I mean what airport) and air fare is best and cheap to Uni of sheffield? This will enable nairalander going to sheffield proper planning.

Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 6:36pm On Aug 20, 2011
Big Phil:

Dear all,
What is the best airline, air route ( I mean what airport) and air fare is best and cheap to Uni of sheffield? This will enable nairalander going to sheffield proper planning.

Thanks

Sheffield got no airport, the closest airport to Sheffield is Manchester airport or Leeds/Bradford airport, so you have the choice of using connecting flight from Heathrow airport to Manchester airport then take a train to Sheffield (about an hr) OR take a train from Heathrow to Sheffield which is about 3 and half hrs. Try British airways of KLM.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by gab69: 6:57pm On Aug 20, 2011
@justwise, sorry 4 the questions, but wat do u think of wat i sed on page 115

@ Justwise, am really praying, i hope i don't have problems cos my 28day account balance was 1.54m, had to take some money out recently, now having 1.49m which is still higher than the 5400p @ 270 = 1.45m, and this is the 15th working day since application, *nervously biting fingernails*
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 7:08pm On Aug 20, 2011
gab69:

@ Justwise, am really praying, i hope i don't have problems cos my 28day account balance was 1.54m, had to take some money out recently, now having 1.49m which is still higher than the 5400p @ 270 = 1.45m, and this is the 15th working day since application, *nervously biting fingernails*

Taking money out from ur account is not a prob as long as u did not go below the required amount.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by gab69: 11:44pm On Aug 20, 2011
@justwise, thanks alot, one last question, will they calculate the 5400 at its current exchange or @ 270 to the naira?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Jaylone(m): 1:55am On Aug 21, 2011
When applying sometimes it good to print out the oanda rate on the say of application. So even if the rate increased, the consideration would be on the rate of the day of application.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 7:05am On Aug 21, 2011
gab69:

@justwise, thanks alot, one last question, will they calculate the 5400 at its current exchange or @ 270 to the naira?

They will use the exchange rate of the day you printed ur bank statement, if the exchange rate changes while they are still processing ur visa it will not be used against you.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by ckdibiagio: 1:00pm On Aug 21, 2011
Any one going to leicester city? Want to tag along. N for those living in leicester city,I need help with private accommodation.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by nology: 9:19pm On Aug 21, 2011
@Justwise, Pls I will like u to explain this issue of writing the closing balance of ur bank account statement in pounds sterling using d oanda conversion rate. Where should it be written?, and how should it be written?, is it also compulsory to write it?. Thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 10:04pm On Aug 21, 2011
nology:

@Justwise, Pls I will like u to explain this issue of writing the closing balance of your bank account statement in pounds sterling using d oanda conversion rate. Where should it be written?, and how should it be written?, is it also compulsory to write it?. Thanks

You need to print out oanda's exchange rate of the day u will be submitting ur application and attach it with ur bank statement.

You can stil write down the day's exchange rate on the form. . . . .i think its L21 section of the form where they asked about the course fees and maintenance fees. You can write it out beside the boxes provided after writing the amount inside the box, . .e.g-£1=N250.00
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by Yababoy(m): 1:29pm On Aug 22, 2011
Hello peeps, just got my visa now. I thank God for it and I thank everyone on this forum. Justwise, I really appreciate U and all ur efforts. Everyone waiting for theirs, U will all have cause to smile like me in the end.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 1:34pm On Aug 22, 2011
Yababoy:

Hello peeps, just got my visa now. I thank God for it and I thank everyone on this forum. Justwise, I really appreciate U and all your efforts. Everyone waiting for theirs, U will all have cause to smile like me in the end.

Congrat!!!! good luck with everything.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by sawyouwalk: 2:12pm On Aug 22, 2011
hello all, please for the people that i have gotten their visas what type of questions do the immigration officers ask and what do they mean you might have to show evidence of funds when you get to the airport will take a print out along or what.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by adeare: 2:39pm On Aug 22, 2011
Dear nairalanders,

Just got my students visa today. It took 22 working days. Praise the lord. My advise to all prospective applicants is to make sure that the money meant for their maintenance and tuition is kept either in their parents account or their own account for 28 days. Saw a guy today that kept the money in his legal guardians account today and he was refused. The UKBA in most cases will deny applicants using his/her legal guardians account. Saw another that had all the right documents but his statement of account was more than one month old before he applied for his visa. he was also refused too as well. We should all take note of this when making applications for UK student's visa
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 2:54pm On Aug 22, 2011
adeare:

Dear nairalanders,

Just got my students visa today. It took 22 working days. Praise the lord. My advise to all prospective applicants is to make sure that the money meant for their maintenance and tuition is kept either in their parents account or their own account for 28 days. Saw a guy today that kept the money in his legal guardians account today and he was refused. The UKBA in most cases will deny applicants using his/her legal guardians account. Saw another that had all the right documents but his statement of account was more than one month old before he applied for his visa. he was also refused too as well. We should all take note of this when making applications for UK student's visa

Congrat, many more good news pls
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by dellman: 3:24pm On Aug 22, 2011
peeps in the house,
my application is on the 19th day and still av not gotten any news about it except from the call i got from the bank on thursday afternoon, what could be taking them so long to make a decision about it?, anxiety makes my slip miserable nowadays, @ justwise ,wat do u tink i shud do, shud i call the VFS guys again?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 3:57pm On Aug 22, 2011
dellman:

peeps in the house,
my application is on the 19th day and still av not gotten any news about it except from the call i got from the bank on thursday afternoon, what could be taking them so long to make a decision about it?, anxiety makes my slip miserable nowadays, @ justwise ,wat do u tink i shud do, shud i call the VFS guys again?

You don't have to, hopeful this week will not pass you by. At least a call from the bank shows that they are working on it.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by dellman: 4:18pm On Aug 22, 2011
@justwise
am unsettled cos i bliv thursday n friday is a long tym for them to make their decisions and the weekend could av bin the shipping period to lagos from abuja. or dont they ship during weekends?.was hopin i will get a text today n probably pick it up tomorrow but no show yet, i will just wait for my own testimony time too anyway,
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by justwise(m): 5:13pm On Aug 22, 2011
dellman:

@justwise
am unsettled cos i bliv thursday n friday is a long tym for them to make their decisions and the weekend could av bin the shipping period to lagos from abuja. or dont they ship during weekends?.was hopin i will get a text today n probably pick it up tomorrow but no show yet, i will just wait for my own testimony time too anyway,

I understand how u feel, its rush season so the delay is expected.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by dellman: 11:25am On Aug 23, 2011
peeeps,
everybody is sharing good testimonies, mine will be the next by God's grace, my application makes 20working days today and as a matter of fact am no more anxious cos the anxiety level has been exceeded and rit now i cant even find words to explain the feeling, need you guys to pray for us that are still expecting to cum wit good testimonies as well, thanks
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by suxxzmyn: 1:07pm On Aug 23, 2011
@adeare, did u mean d guys printout of statement of acct was more dan a mth b4 he applied 4 visa?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by piouson(m): 4:05pm On Aug 23, 2011
Hello House, I wish I found this thread long before now, though I'm so glad I got the best of advise from a friend working with an agency at no charge!
I applied for my tier 4 VISA 02/08/11 and today makes it 15 working days. Initially I was so worried it was taking longer than usual. But 2 week ago, someone just got their tier 4, and it took 21 working days. In addition, a friend who started his MSc January, got back last week and told me that though his own took only 5 working days, this season is peak period, and would usually take longer, 20+ days.
At this point, I am very relaxed, and urge my fellow applicants to be at ease as well. Every document I submitted checks, I paid 60% of my fees just to help with the VISA application, my maintenance cash is in my name and had been in my account for about 32 days before I applied, everything looks fine so far, and I have no doubt that my good news wont exceed next week!
I nid to read up all this post now. All these comments really has been super helpful guys. Thanks alot!
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by dellman: 7:54pm On Aug 23, 2011
@pouison, bro mine is 20days now n still waiting, am hoping to get a gud news tomorrow latest, amen
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by adeare: 8:47pm On Aug 23, 2011
Yes I meant that his bank statement was more than a month old before he applied. @ Dellman my application took 22 working days. Relax u will surely get your text before the end of the week
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by dellman: 8:56pm On Aug 23, 2011
@ adeare, broda d tin is not easy o, i bliv i wud get a gud news at last too, but y did they take so long to reply u?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by adeare: 7:32am On Aug 24, 2011
@ Delllman, This is peak period and applications for student's visa are taking on the average 20 working days to process.
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by dellman: 7:45am On Aug 24, 2011
@ adeare, thabks bro for d encouragement, am hoping for did week too sha,
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by dellman: 12:37pm On Aug 24, 2011
hello peeps, got sum relieving news for we still waiting for our reply, called VFS today n was told by one of their agent that d processing time is 20working days on the average due to the peak period we submitted our applications, mine is now 21days so am hoping to hear from them soonest, fellows lets just hope we get to hear gud news soon, thanks,
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by nology: 4:27pm On Aug 24, 2011
@dellman which of d application centres did u lodge ur application?
Re: Uk Student Visa/tier 4 Pbs - Your Questions Answered by dellman: 4:46pm On Aug 24, 2011
@ nology, i submitted at ikeja on the 26th of july,

(1) (2) (3) ... (113) (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) ... (141)

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / Need Help With Direction / Which Country In Africa Has The Most Beautiful Women?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.