Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,724 members, 7,816,979 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:59 PM

Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems - Satellite TV Technology (24) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems (271547 Views)

Am Jjc And Newbie Help Me / Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems / Newbie from Uganda (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (95) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by redboi99: 12:59pm On Sep 18, 2011
Hi guys, does anyone know if u can still get Al jazeera sports +5 to +10 in Lagos? If so pls can u tell me what i need? thx
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by simniboma(m): 3:15pm On Sep 18, 2011
Hi fellows with the knowhow, i have strong 4669z and connected to the internet but can't assess you tube any body to assist me? it will be appreciated
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by ftadream: 5:08pm On Sep 18, 2011
redboi99:

Hi guys, does anyone know if u can still get Al jazeera sports +5 to +10 in Lagos? If so pls can u tell me what i need? thx
Check on this thread for your answer: https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-762089.0.html.
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by topsco(m): 11:02pm On Sep 18, 2011
@Sulieman,switch to 180E intelsat 7/10 ku for ur mytv 2 reach 68%
That is what i switch to since 68.5E dey Bleep up.
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by olabisi75(m): 2:34pm On Sep 25, 2011
Hello all, i will like to know the right size of dish to located this bird Atlantic Bird 3 at 5.0°W as optimal channel on it shows epl, uefa.

thank
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Ussals(m): 6:27pm On Sep 25, 2011
olabisi75:

Hello all, i will like to know the right size of dish to located this bird Atlantic Bird 3 at 5.0°W as optimal channel on it shows epl, uefa.

thank
i tracked it far back with 180cm, then i used it 4 crtv (cameroun)
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by bykee: 11:17am On Sep 27, 2011
hey guys.i'm new @ dis, but also a fast learner.i have 1m pan n 4653x stong decoder that im using to view myTv fta stations.i live in ph.what's d possiblity of gettin som oda interestin fta on anoda sat' with wat i hav?what exactly do i need 2 do(decoder upgrade,satelite trackin, etc)?padimen,pls dont b quick 2 rule off ma request.there's always a 1st tym 4 everybody.thanx a lot.i throway salute give una!!
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Lov4sat(m): 1:02pm On Sep 27, 2011
bykee:

hey guys.i'm new @ dis, but also a fast learner.i have 1m pan n 4653x stong decoder that im using to view myTv fta stations.i live in ph.what's d possiblity of gettin som oda interestin fta on anoda sat' with wat i hav?what exactly do i need 2 do(decoder upgrade,satelite trackin, etc)?padimen,pls dont b quick 2 rule off ma request.there's always a 1st tym 4 everybody.thanx a lot.i throway salute give una!!

Welcome to the world of FTA. try and get urself a 4669x or xii or z strong box to enjoy other better free to air channels on Astra 2B @ 28E
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by freshp(m): 2:45pm On Sep 27, 2011
bykee:

Lov4sat:

Welcome to the world of FTA. try and get urself a 4669x or xii or z strong box to enjoy other better free to air channels on Astra 2B @ 28E

IN Addition get yourself an extra LNB then visit here for more excitement
_http://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-519756.0.html
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by bykee: 8:17pm On Sep 27, 2011
thanx a lot.i'l most def get a new decoder dis weekend.d major problem tho is goin 2 b defficient trackin of d sat involved.d onli 1 i now is dat intelsat for mytv.heard i could do an upgrade on d present decoder(it's mttv branded) n use it 4 som other fta.hw true is dis?thanx again
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by bykee: 8:24pm On Sep 27, 2011
thanx a lot.i'l most def' get a new decoder dis weekend.d major problem tho is goin 2 be the efficient trackin of d sat involved.d onli 1 i know is dat of intelsat for mytv.heard i could do an upgrade on d present decoder(it's mttv branded) n use it 4 som other fta.hw true is dis?thanx again
i had 2 correct my typoz.no vex, i'm kinda high ryt now
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by freshp(m): 9:20pm On Sep 27, 2011
bykee:

thanx a lot.i'l most def' get a new decoder dis weekend.d major problem tho is goin 2 be the efficient trackin of d sat involved.d onli 1 i know is dat of intelsat for mytv.heard i could do an upgrade on d present decoder(it's mttv branded) n use it 4 som other fta.hw true is dis?thanx again
i had 2 correct my typoz.no vex, i'm kinda high ryt now
Yes you can do an upgrade on your current decoder but the fact still remains that you would be limited to MPEG-2 and this simply means no access to clear pictures and more birds(especiallythose broadcasting in MPEG-4).

the decoder is already FTA by design . . . its just only branded by MYtv.

as was said earlier just get any of the '69(x,xII or z)series.
good luck
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by bykee: 11:33am On Sep 28, 2011
thanx a lot.i'l buzz back once i get d decoder so u guys can help me set it up.thanx once again
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by jman77(m): 4:23am On Oct 01, 2011
hello! Gees,i'm extremely new not only the site but to FTA entirely and i would seek your assistance seriously,please i read some topics on this thread and discovered the power of 90cm dish and so i aquired one though would have gone for the bigger ones(mesh and others)but don't have enough space,you know now i be tenant for face me face you crib.my problem is (1)what type of cable,what type of, is it connectors at both ends of the cable to use and do these connectors come with the dish kits or buy it seperately(give me name,price,type).(2)my house faces north and my room is on the right hand side and my window is open to the west,if i mount my dish on pole? I will only face west,any sat there? I mean interetsing one,if i point my lnb east? It will be blocked by the entire building.(3)tabulate the prices of these 69s x,xII,z.i base in ibadan.tanx a lot! mount my dish on pole? I will only face west,any sat there? I mean interetsing one,if i point my lnb east? It will be blocked by the entire building.(3)tabulate the prices of these 69s x,xII,z.i base in ibadan.tanx a lot!
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Nobody: 10:01am On Oct 01, 2011
@ jman77
welcome to the world of satellites.  With your 90 cm dish you are good to start. For now there is no interesting packages for you in the west with your dish dimensions. You should try and find a clear site to install your dish to face the east and also the west if possible without any obstruction by anything.
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Nobody: 10:11am On Oct 01, 2011
The connectors you need is called f -connector. Buy your lnb and the cable you need is a coaxial cable normally used for tv antennas. For the decoder, 4669xII is at N12800 and 4669z is at N15k. After getting the materials, come back for installation help. Thanks
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Nobody: 2:32pm On Oct 02, 2011
Hi peeps. I have been facing the monstrous challenge of how to record programs on my srt 4669x . Somebody should please, guide me on how to over-come this monstrous challenge cos i have diligently followed the instructions on my operation manual and yet i am not able to record anything on my flash drive from my srt 4669x. Is there any upgrade that i need to do to be able to record programs on my decoder?
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by jman77(m): 3:03pm On Oct 02, 2011
@auchs,i really appreciate your prompt response and i will surely get back as soon as i get those materials,thanks and GOD bless.
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by freshp(m): 3:45pm On Oct 02, 2011
Bereal247:

Hi peeps. I have been facing the monstrous challenge of how to record programs on my srt 4669x . Somebody should please, guide me on how to over-come this monstrous challenge cos i have diligently followed the instructions on my operation manual and yet i am not able to record anything on my flash drive from my srt 4669x. Is there any upgrade that i need to do to be able to record programs on my decoder?
1.you need to be sure that the flash drive is an original one.
2.make sure that the STB has recognized the flash drive.(make sure you see "DVR ready "on your screen)
3.when your program of interest is on simply press "rec" on your remote control,you will see "prepare for record'.then the recording would have started.
. . . . you will notice a blinking 'rec' at the top left of your screen. . . .

4.to stop recording press 'stop' on your remote control . . .when asked 'are you sure' make sure you slsect yes on the screen and then press 'Ok'
on your remote control.

the file would have been saved on your flash drive . ,

NB if th flash drive is more than 4 gig you will need to format it to FAT 32 for the 69X to recognized.

5. you can now convert/play our files on the system using Iskysoft video converter.

hope this helps.
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by miju(m): 8:32am On Oct 05, 2011
@ all experts and role models I AM USING A 69X RECENTLY I GOT A NEW 65CM DISH AND MOVED ASTRA 4A TO IT TO FREE MY 90CM FOR ATLANTIC BIRD 7 @ 7 DEGREES WEST HOPEFULLY. I USE 2 - 4 WAY DiSECq, MY SIGNAL STRENGHT AND QUALITY IS BEHAVING FUNNY BUT ALL CHANNELS ARE SHOWING FINE. I HOPE I AM SAFE.@ all experts and role models I AM USING A 69X RECENTLY I GOT A NEW 65CM DISH AND MOVED ASTRA 4A TO IT TO FREE MY 90CM FOR ATLANTIC BIRD 7 @ 7 DEGREES WEST HOPEFULLY. I USE 2 - 4 WAY DiSECq, MY SIGNAL STRENGHT AND QUALITY IS BEHAVING FUNNY BUT ALL CHANNELS ARE SHOWING FINE. I HOPE I AM SAFE.
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by freshp(m): 9:19am On Oct 05, 2011
miju:

@ all experts and role models I AM USING A 69X RECENTLY I GOT A NEW 65CM DISH AND MOVED ASTRA 4A TO IT TO FREE MY 90CM FOR ATLANTIC BIRD 7 @ 7 DEGREES WEST HOPEFULLY. I USE 2 - 4 WAY DiSECq, MY SIGNAL STRENGHT AND QUALITY IS BEHAVING FUNNY BUT ALL CHANNELS ARE SHOWING FINE. I HOPE I AM SAFE.@ all experts and role models I AM USING A 69X RECENTLY I GOT A NEW 65CM DISH AND MOVED ASTRA 4A TO IT TO FREE MY 90CM FOR ATLANTIC BIRD 7 @ 7 DEGREES WEST HOPEFULLY. I USE 2 - 4 WAY DiSECq, MY SIGNAL STRENGHT AND QUALITY IS BEHAVING FUNNY BUT ALL CHANNELS ARE SHOWING FINE. I HOPE I AM SAFE.

ride on bro,but be oservant smiley smiley
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by sharaff6(m): 3:47pm On Oct 05, 2011
Pls how do i get 3dstv to show ball at a time any help? I hear dat their is new dstv dat show 3 match.
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by ben4reel: 4:14pm On Oct 05, 2011
@freshp Thanks for ur insightful response to my enquiry. I followed ur instructions discreetly,but when i pressed the record button the following poped-up on my tv screen:storage device has a problem of speed or responsibility.
When i test the speed of the usb device, the following also poped-up: usb device is bad performance.
Could it be that my hp-made usb flash drive is a fake one?
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by olenyi: 5:16pm On Oct 05, 2011
@ all pls help. my three 63x shared wit rs232 for dstv are having 1.70p but the two slaves dont show all the channels. no sports channel and the others that show are randomly selected. how do i make them show all the channels as the master. pls i need your help
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by freshp(m): 9:11pm On Oct 05, 2011
ben4reel:

@freshp Thanks for your insightful response to my enquiry. I followed your instructions discreetly,but when i pressed the record button the following poped-up on my tv screen:storage device has a problem of speed or responsibility.
When i test the speed of the usb device, the following also poped-up: usb device is bad performance.
Could it be that my hp-made usb flash drive is a fake one?

@ben4real
i need to ask you a question . . . when and how much did you buy the drive? . . what is the size of the drive . . .(sorry too many I'm asking grin )
if it less that 1 gig then we may have a problem but to be sincere with you i think yours is a fake one, too bad eh? i say so because i have a 256mb drive that does the job of testing for me and so far it has never failed me.

from your response I'd say you have a bad or fake drive.

I'll suggest you go for any of these brands,sandisk,rundisk,or. . . (kai i forgot the 3rd one oooo),but any of the ones mentioned will not mess you up.
you that and get back to me.
cheers.
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by ben4reel: 11:39pm On Oct 05, 2011
@freshp
A million thanks, bros. It's a 4 gig hp drive and i bought it about five months ago at the cost of 2k.
I will try-out either of the two brand u suggested. Thanks, once again.
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by freshp(m): 9:20am On Oct 06, 2011
@bode4real,
yeah now that you said it . . a 4 gig hard drive for 2k is just not it. . .it should go for somewhere between 5k and above.
all the best ooo.
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by ben4reel: 8:58pm On Oct 06, 2011
@freshp
I combed all the available computer sales stores in my locality 2day and i did not find a sandisk or rundisk drive. All i could find was a sony, trend and hp brand drive. Do u know if sony and trend flash drives are reliable brand?
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by freshp(m): 11:24pm On Oct 06, 2011
@ben$real,
those days when the HP brand first came out they were the bomb but now its the fakes that are in the market. . including the ones you mentioned. . .
may be you would have to send to lagos o o o.
happy hunting. grin
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by jman77(m): 3:40pm On Oct 07, 2011
@auchs, i've gotten all the materials,69z,nikkon brand cable,f-connectors but i'm suprised the 69z has two card slots and of mytv inscript on the remote contol,shey i never buy wrong one so? because i be complete novies for this sat thing o!.so am i good to go?.please show me the next move.thanks.
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by bykee: 3:50pm On Oct 07, 2011
I'm back! Got a 69z 4 20k(really feel cheated knowin i could av gotten it 4 less).that's by the way though.
Ma problem is dis,
Ma oldman is a big fan of emmanuel tv,n me no wan b d devil weh go tamper wiv im veiw. So i was 1drin, can i still get signal from d loopout or d decoder he uses, then fed dat into d diseq switch (in combination with anoda lnb) so that i'd use both dishes 4 d new receiver i just got? Is ok 2 do it dat way or must i get a splitter?thanx.
D pic below is an illustration 2 wha i want 2 do.mk una no laf ma sketch o, just tryn 2 explain d best way i can.thanx 1s again

Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by bykee: 6:11pm On Oct 07, 2011
no reply yet! Oboi embarassed

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (95) (Reply)

Free to Air codes / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) / Q-SAT: QUEEN OF SATELLITES?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.