Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,766 members, 7,817,113 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:15 AM

Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems - Satellite TV Technology (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems (271563 Views)

Am Jjc And Newbie Help Me / Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems / Newbie from Uganda (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (95) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Binsule(m): 9:05pm On Dec 13, 2009
Hi all
CAN SOME ONE CONFERM IF I CAN TRACK DOWN NILESAT 7WEST WITH A 1.8M DISH, I RECIDE AT WARRI. Pls I NEED RESPON FROM ANY ONE. Thanx
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by mreds: 7:01am On Dec 14, 2009
Pls i stay in ikorodu, lagos at least 4 now, wat can of fta wud u advice i go for, more of movies and sports? Tnx! Kip up d gud work
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Kcbenjamin(m): 9:07am On Dec 18, 2009
@ Binsule except you live in the northan part of nigeria tracking nilesat with 1.8m dish is just impossible within your region but then miracles do happen.
@ Abdul. From 60cm dish and above u can track down mbc 1 &2 on eutelsat w3a and CRTV on astrabird . These stations can meet up to about 20% to 30% of your movie and sport need but if u hav the money go for multi-tv, that will give you a more advantage.
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Nobody: 1:08am On Dec 25, 2009
Well done guys here is another newbie. Please I use Strong 4650 receiver with a 60cm dish and an universal LNB (frequency 9.750/10.600), I am actually receiving PAS 7, 10/Ku sattelite where I get plenty religious channels, to tell you the truth I am bored to death with all this channels I want some movies, please what do I do to get channels such as mbc2, 3, 4, mbc max, mbc action, bbcworld etc. Please no vex, complete details Iam a real newbie embarassed
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Ameboperoo(m): 8:15pm On Dec 25, 2009
What is your location and what is your dish size?
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Nobody: 10:00am On Dec 29, 2009
I am in Jos, Plateau State and my dish size is 60cm (The Euroexcel type) grin
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Kcbenjamin(m): 7:25pm On Dec 30, 2009
@ oladiran, since you are in the northan part of nigeria, a 1.8m dish is the lest you can use to get those stations.
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by princeparis(m): 8:46am On Jan 02, 2010
Happy new year to all, divine favors and blessings shall be ours this year and forever. Amen. @Owner, please how can i migrate to fta using my present Hitv installation. What quick upgrade can i do. Thanks.
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Ameboperoo(m): 7:24pm On Jan 02, 2010
You can enjoy host of FTA channels provided you have the right decoder and dish. I was once a slave 2 hitv until my eyes were opened in this forum. I now use my hitv decoder for pas7,10ku. Even though the FTA channels on it are mostly religious. I've just bought a 90cm dish and hope 2 add sirius or/one w3a tomorrow or next. If your decoder is the same as mine, then all you need do is change the dish direction 2 any of these birds and you are free from the bondage of monthly subscription. Whatever u decide, just post your experience 4 other 2 learn.
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by princeparis(m): 8:33pm On Jan 02, 2010
I can see pas 7/10 but i cant see any sirius or w3a on my satellite list and direction are this satellites
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by princeparis(m): 8:38pm On Jan 02, 2010
Can i use two dishes on one decoder simultaneously
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Ameboperoo(m): 11:13pm On Jan 02, 2010
U can use 2,3 or 4 dishes on a decoder but u will need a diseqc switch.
If u can afford, buy another 90cm dish then you can enjoy those satellites otherwise, you can either hook up 2 pas 7,10 or nss7. You can still enjoy yourself. By the way, what is the make of your decoder? Strong or hitv?
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by princeparis(m): 9:07am On Jan 03, 2010
My decoder is hitv branded. How much is this disepc and where can i get it.
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Ameboperoo(m): 2:55pm On Jan 03, 2010
@ Princeparis. It's about 200 to 300 Naira from any shop selling satellite tv materials. You should remember 2 buy like 5 rf connectors and cable.
The connection goes thus:
1. Cable from dish 1 to diseqc input 1, cable from dish 2 to disecq input 2, then disecq output to your decoder lnb in. Pls note the disecq input port no. of the dish (satellite). For example, if your 60cm is faced to pas 7,10, the cable should be connected 2 no 1. The 90cm hooked 2 w3a should be to port 2 of the disecq switch.
W3a is Eutelsat w3a but I don't know if it is no your decoder. If not, just use one of the newsat down the satellite list 4 w3a. You will need 2 input the tracking frequency then latter blind scan. I hope u know how 2 track? Read previous posts for more details. When light is restored I'll check my hitv decoder menu and post how to input the frequency manually on the decoder. If you have any question, dont hesitate to post. Happy tracking. Lest I forget, i bought my 90cm strong dish 4 4000 with lnb. Depending on your location, you should be able 2 get it like 3to3.5k.
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by princeparis(m): 6:04pm On Jan 03, 2010
Thanks, i was even thinking its going to cost a arm and leg. Imagine efry thing under 5k. This installers don reap me well well. The guy dat wants to upgrade the decoder ask for 3k even with begging for something dat is less than 15mins. Just plug in ur usb and you are good to go. Anymay its DIY from now on and i am enjoying it because i am a technical person. Cant wait 4 tomorrow. I will get a 1m dish and disepc and nail w3a. By the way what kind of channels are on w3a. I luv football.
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Ameboperoo(m): 2:43am On Jan 04, 2010
For details of channels on Eutelsat w3a, check www.lyngsat.com. The gurus usually advise that you should track Sirius 1st as it is easier 2 track then use it as a refrence point for w3a.
After you have nailed and mount the dish, connect the cable to your decoder. Then go 2 menu>installation>set tp or tp set up, name of a sat will be highlighted. Press ok and scroll to new sat1, press ok again to select it. Scroll down to the next line where the tps are, u will see some colours down the screen eg red add tp, green delete tp etc. Press the color that stand for add tp. You now see space where to enter the tp. Then the sr and put the correct polarity then save it but dont exit. It will now show the signal strengt and quality. Then do the dish adjustment. See the tps posted on the previous posts and how u can determine the position using hitv as a reference point. Font forget hitv/DSTV are both on Eutelsat w4 at 36 degree east, pas 7,10 on 68.5 degree east sirius and Eutelsat w3a are on 7 and 4.8 degree east respectively. Happy tracking!
Just connect the dish alone directly to the decoder. After you have successfuly tracked the bird, you can then do the diseqc connection and settings.
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by princeparis(m): 1:08am On Jan 05, 2010
Thanks. got the dish and diseqc 2day. i would install tomorrow. should the disepc be outside with the dish or inside.
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by aom119(m): 12:01pm On Jan 05, 2010
Hi enitan,

Thanks for the wonderful job. Please I need the colour configuration for a null modem cable. My srt 4656x was updated with an older patch (183p) while having 190p and has refused to boot. Please if you could be of help i would appreciate.

Thank you.

Mark (marcochrist2003@yahoo.com)
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by princeparis(m): 3:34pm On Jan 06, 2010
mission accomplish
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by donsteto(m): 7:50pm On Jan 07, 2010
Pls am a newbie in dis forum. Can anybody assist me? I have strong decoder and a dish , after installations I could only get religious stations and presstv using intelsat 7,10/k . I love football (premier league). Can I get any thing better apart from these boring channels. Pls someone help me.

(nmaudoka@yahoo.com), am in Aba
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Ussals(m): 4:15pm On Jan 11, 2010
Pls. Can ewtelsatW3a be track using hitv dish? If yes pls some one should tell me how. Thanks 4d gud job
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Ameboperoo(m): 4:33pm On Jan 11, 2010
@ Usal Hitv dishes are 60am but minimum dish requirement 4 w3a is 90cm
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Ussals(m): 5:38pm On Jan 11, 2010
@Aneboperoo Pls can u help me on how to track it using 90cm dish? Thanks
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by justinb9: 10:45am On Jan 17, 2010
Hi all, a newbie on the block !

I live where there is no space to install a 1.8m dish, so i want to maximize my HiTV 6k trash subscription and 90cm dish to get as many channels as possible.

I have two issues i want gurus in this forum to trash out for me.
One, where can i get  a humax decoder here in naija ? and

two, How can i go about loading extra encryption  i.e Nagra, Viaacess, irdeto etc, on to my strong decoder. It has an embedded conax as you all know.
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Galantry(m): 10:47pm On Feb 04, 2010
Hello Guys,
I am relaitively new to the world of sat tv. I am presently in Congo Brazzaville, in the city of Pointe Noire. I have just bought a TECHNOMATE 3000D FTA receiver and a TECHNOMATE 2300 motor. I also have a 90cm dish. Can someone please tell me what satellites with good free channels I can receive here? Most of the people who have sat tv here are on DSTV and canal horizons pay tv. (Eutelsat W4 and NSS7). These do not have any interesting free channels. Thanks in anticipation of your kind responses.
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Nobody: 6:58pm On Feb 17, 2010
Galantry:

Hello Guys,
I am relaitively new to the world of sat tv. I am presently in Congo Brazzaville, in the city of Pointe Noire. I have just bought a TECHNOMATE 3000D FTA receiver and a TECHNOMATE 2300 motor. I also have a 90cm dish. Can someone please tell me what satellites with good free channels I can receive here? Most of the people who have sat tv here are on DSTV and canal horizons pay tv. (Eutelsat W4 and NSS7). These do not have any interesting free channels. Thanks in anticipation of your kind responses.

you can get these following satellites on ku band reception ranging from astra2b on 28.5E, pas7/10 68.5E, sirus 4.8E, w3a 5E, NSS7 22W e.t.c, but you can never compare the satisfaction you will get from paytv bouquet to free to air channels.
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by kh975: 6:12pm On Feb 18, 2010
hi
im in south africa.and i need to get sabc 123 channels on my receiver.delsat-222 super.
how can i get it plz.and etv as well if it posiable.
thnx alot.
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by kh975: 6:44pm On Feb 18, 2010
hi there.
i got prima xds-2103 i need master code for it bcoz i cnt use it at the moment i cnt access the menu.
it keeping ask for password.
so how can i solve this problem.plz i need help.by any means hardware or software.or the right password.
thank u.
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by mama1010: 2:04pm On Mar 01, 2010
I am a woman grin grin grin.

I am the newest newbie in the forum. am intersted in using FTA. I have gone through the posts on season one. i will go through the other seasons as well. i got an installer and the price he quoted for me to get the equipments and intall them, I will need to break an arm and leg, 56k to get a very good system up and running.

I have decided to learn all i can from the gurus in the house and do it cheap.

help me!!!   cry cry cry

what do i really need since i work at trade fair and live near Iba, Alaba is very close.
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by microgiant: 3:06pm On Mar 01, 2010
mama1010:

I am the newest newbie in the forum. am intersted in using FTA. I have gone through the posts on season one. i will go through the other seasons as well. i got an installer and the price he quoted for me to get the equipments and intall them, I will need to break an arm and leg, 56k to get a very good system up and running.

Welcome on board. You have to be more specific on what he's offering you for that amount. It will help in answering your question & providing advice.
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by mama1010: 3:50pm On Mar 01, 2010
@microgiant

he says he will use the black net type of dish, a c and ku band, and decoder. he was not very explicit when I wanted to know the make of equipment he was going to use. Maybe he taught taht ss a woman that I was ignoramous and wouldn't really know technical stuff.

He does know that i have backup (FTA Gurus)

I have decided that I am going to Alaba to do window shoping by Saturday.

What I really need to know is the type of Dish I should be looking at ( One that will give me Optimum service, but not a giant one as well so that my husband does not hit the roof).

The type of system( the best avaiable decoders in the Nigerian Market) that will allow access to Nilesat, Astra2b and others.
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by microgiant: 5:24pm On Mar 01, 2010
hook up with olofofo,

What you require is
1. a minimum of 2.4 – 3.0Mtrs solid pan or fibre dish. You can’t get nilesat with mesh dish in lagos. 2.4m sells for about N24,000 at lagos.
2. HD decoder or DVB-S2/MPEG4 decoder, all current HD decoders are DVB-S2/MPEG4, but you can equally use STRONG 4669X which is not HD but
        DVB-S2/MPEG4 decoder it goes for about N16,000 at Lagos. Note you need the a DVB-S2/MPEG compliant decoder to receive MultiTV
      (10Channels) on Astra 2B.  Alternatively you can buy Echolink HD decoder it works fine also
3. KU-LNB
4. Cable.

To expand the capability of your dish reception, you can decide to motorise (meaning you install a motor to move your dish to point to various satellites) and make it a three in one combo, 2 C-Band and 1 Ku-band LNB.

1-4 will cost you between N40,000 to N50,000 depending on your bargaining power

Motors and Pole attracts more money

Note: you can not receive Nilesat with a mesh dish at Lagos

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (95) (Reply)

Free to Air codes / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) / Q-SAT: QUEEN OF SATELLITES?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.