Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,116 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:30 PM

Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems - Satellite TV Technology (26) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems (271774 Views)

Am Jjc And Newbie Help Me / Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems / Newbie from Uganda (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (95) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by freshp(m): 9:11am On Oct 23, 2011
Onto01:

Hi gurus in the house ,i noticed most of the free to air sat. Are position towards the right side of dstv(esp w3,sirius 4) but i saw a dish on a viewing centre's roof positioned towards the left of dstv,facing the sky like w3a.pls what can this sat be and am sure they might got some interestin stuffs like airing live matches(since it's owned by viewin centre).pls what sat can it be?

O boy you for help guys by just walking in and asking them na? it wont have cost you a dime abi l lie? grin grin grin
ill still wait for you to do so ooo.
all the best.
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by obnelly: 12:49pm On Oct 23, 2011
That dish facing sky is w3a 7e where you have mbc channels,tpa,tv malagasy and others.mbc is the best in that list because you have the chance to watch some free live matches.i hope you are okay with my simple answer to your question.
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Nobody: 4:31pm On Oct 23, 2011
@ onto
as said by obnelly, the bird nailed by the dish is w3a. I understood that what confused you is that the dish was facing left instead of the normal right position. What I want you to understand is that w3a can be tracked facing south and north poles. Is that clear? Thanks.
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Onto01: 5:48pm On Oct 24, 2011
auchs:

@ onto
as said by obnelly, the bird nailed by the dish is w3a. I understood that what confused you is that the dish was facing left instead of the normal right position. What I want you to understand is that w3a can be tracked facing south and north poles. Is that clear? Thanks.
thanks man, u too gbaski.ave got more insight.
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by sharaff6(m): 7:49pm On Oct 25, 2011
i wnt to track sairus,pls which size of dish am i going to use pls.
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Ussals(m): 8:43pm On Oct 25, 2011
sharaff6:

i wnt to track sairus,pls which size of dish am i going to use pls.
with 65cm u are good to go.
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by jman77(m): 1:36pm On Oct 26, 2011
pls o,my chanells started showing red all of a sudden,abi theres no general signal on multitv? What could be the cause o.
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Brite02(m): 6:33am On Oct 27, 2011
gurus what can i get with my strong c-band lnb with 1.8m ground mount prime focus?
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by bykee: 9:48am On Oct 30, 2011
sorry 4 takin dis long 2 reply 2 d funny connection i laid out a diagram of(d 1 bout d loopn from old decoder n 2nd dish,into d new decoder).bn caught up in somn.
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by bykee: 9:51am On Oct 30, 2011
sorry 4 takin dis long 2 reply 2 d funny connection i laid out a diagram of(d 1 bout d loopn from old decoder n 2nd dish,into d new decoder).bn caught up in somn.d connection did not work.d signal frm d 2nd dish was bn overshadowed by dat from d old decoder.it never popd up on d new decoder.tut i'd let d house knw.hapi sunday y'all
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by sammu(m): 11:30am On Oct 30, 2011
@briteo2, u wont get much from yur 1.8m dish with c band lnb cos it is ground mount. motorise it for maximum benefits.
Am in ph (artillery area). i can be of help.
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Brite02(m): 3:38pm On Oct 30, 2011
@sammu. thanks for replying. to be honest with u am not yet ready to do that coz of the expenses. i just want to make do what i have now. so which sat can use it for?
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by sammu(m): 2:11pm On Oct 31, 2011
The c band sats u can track with the dish will depend on your channel needs say for instance u want football, atlantic bird c @5west will do for now.
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Brite02(m): 7:21pm On Oct 31, 2011
^^ yeah. so long it got football, news, movies i'l manage, plz wats d frequency for it? thanks
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by tubohria(m): 11:35pm On Nov 01, 2011
I have gotten so much knowledge nd awareness 4rm all in d house,i wish 2 say tanx 2 u all. Hopiing 2 do my first tracking trials on my 4669x dis weekend, but i av a problem wit d dish pan I'm getting 90cm measuring it vertically,but 81cm across, Pls can someone confirm if its up to 90cm size.
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Ameboperoo(m): 5:25am On Nov 02, 2011
81cm
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by tubohria(m): 6:20pm On Nov 02, 2011
@Ameboperoo, thanks 4 ur respond,meaning its not up to 90cm so I should return it.
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Ameboperoo(m): 6:26am On Nov 03, 2011
When viewed from d lnb angle, it appears round measuring 81cm.
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by tubohria(m): 12:51pm On Nov 03, 2011
@Ameboperoo, I apprciate ur zoom reply,d seller insist its 90cm Pls confirm YES or NO.
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Ameboperoo(m): 1:30pm On Nov 03, 2011
90cm dish is a little scarce around here. I got one from strong dealer after searching 4 long. The width is 90cm while the height is 100+cm. It's sold 4 4.5k depending on where you buy it. If it is strong, look at the accessories pack. It will be written , 90, Not 80. The 80 cm is d same with dstv regular dish but 90 is bigger. What do u want to use it 4? The 80cm may be ok.
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by tubohria(m): 4:08pm On Nov 03, 2011
I intend 2 track W3A,my location is mosafejo,Amukoko
Can dis 80cm work? 4rm forum insight d lest is 90cm. Anyway tanx alot for ur support,
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by coolsegun(m): 4:25pm On Nov 03, 2011
Please, I want to know if it's possible to track TURKSAT 42.0E from here in AKUTE, OGUN STATE? If yes, pls with what dish size because I have 1m strong dish and premium HD LNB. Thanks.
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Ameboperoo(m): 8:26pm On Nov 03, 2011
If u have a good lnb and your dish is in perfect condition, you should though not guaranteed. I use a dstv 80cm b4 but it use to skip in the afternoon until I changed to 90cm strong dish. Since then my mbc has been above 65%. With that 80cm, you can get both w4 and Astra2b with 2 diff lnbs.
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Holarwaley: 11:10am On Nov 07, 2011
Please i want you to send the settings for Rdv on satellite intelsat 7.10/k
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Blessingnh: 3:22pm On Nov 10, 2011
Rdv is on w4/7a tp 12437,H,23437 with more 8 channels in same tp
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by eedris010(m): 7:03am On Nov 24, 2011
I salute everyone pls I need help just got a dstv big pan and a lnb with 4663x.and I want to watch football and films pls which channels can I catch and hw to catch dem.thanks in advance
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by sharaff6(m): 1:39pm On Nov 24, 2011
Pls on which sat can some1 watch e.tv on sairus and wat is d frq & smbol rate.
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Nobody: 8:29pm On Nov 24, 2011
Etv is on sirus 4.7 'E. Tp is 12722h04420
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by eedris010(m): 10:12pm On Nov 24, 2011
pls dont 4get me gurus.
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Brite02(m): 11:37pm On Nov 24, 2011
^^^ With your 80cm u can 2 in 1 setup i.e u can use 2 lnb for the setup for tracking, u can track multi tv(12552 h/v 19513) @ astra2B 28°E and w4/7(12437 h/v 24348) @ eutelsat w4/7 36°E .
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Bidsat: 10:41am On Dec 01, 2011
Plz moderator can you post installer the station that we can get carlingcup,f.A.Cos w3,w4,2b ar not showing it.Tanx
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Bidsat: 10:53am On Dec 01, 2011
Pls is anybody online 2 answer my question

(1) (2) (3) ... (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) ... (95) (Reply)

Free to Air codes / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) / Q-SAT: QUEEN OF SATELLITES?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.