Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,317 members, 7,839,520 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 09:32 PM

Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems - Satellite TV Technology (29) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems (272156 Views)

Am Jjc And Newbie Help Me / Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems / Newbie from Uganda (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) ... (95) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by emynem05(m): 11:02pm On Mar 02, 2012
Plz A̶̲̥̅♏ A̶̲̥̅ newbie. Can somone tell me wich sat and decorder Ȋ̝̊̅ can use to get most naija stations like ait channels,nn24 african magic najeeze or mtv base.
Ȋ̝̊̅ wil b greatful
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by hisoccer(m): 1:40pm On Mar 03, 2012
emynem05:

Plz A̶̲̥̅♏ A̶̲̥̅ newbie. Can somone tell me wich sat and decorder Ȋ̝̊̅ can use to get most naija stations like ait channels,nn24 african magic najeeze or mtv base.
Ȋ̝̊̅ wil b greatful
plz try any get any of d 4669 series from strong, Thanks
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by emynem05(m): 1:51pm On Mar 03, 2012
@hisoccer fanks
Wich sat shuld Ȋ̝̊̅ track after buyn D̶̲̥̅​​​ decorder
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by hisoccer(m): 2:11pm On Mar 03, 2012
if u wish 2 pay on monthly bases den face ur dish to eltusat w4/7 whr u get ur dstv der u will get all d above listed channels u listed and many more or better still do it d free way by placing ur dish to 28' east whr u hav mult tv wit some quality channels dat will pay u off @ any time of the day. thanks
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by emynem05(m): 2:29pm On Mar 03, 2012
Fanks bro, Ȋ̝̊̅ don't wish to pay dats y Ȋ̝̊̅ came here.
Wich FTA channels do U̶̲̥̅̊ knw d̶̲̥̅̊ªt shows @ least som latest american/naija movies.
and musics? S̶̲̥̅Ơ̴̴̴̴̴̴͡ Ȋ̝̊̅ wil Hά̲̣̥v dem I̶̥̊n̶̲̥̅̊ mind wen trackn
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by hisoccer(m): 6:15pm On Mar 03, 2012
emynem05:

Fanks bro, Ȋ̝̊̅ don't wish to pay dats y Ȋ̝̊̅ came here.
Wich FTA channels do U̶̲̥̅̊ knw d̶̲̥̅̊ªt shows @ least som latest american/naija movies.
and musics? S̶̲̥̅Ơ̴̴̴̴̴̴͡ Ȋ̝̊̅ wil Hά̲̣̥v dem I̶̥̊n̶̲̥̅̊ mind wen trackn
@ emynem05 if only u wil modify d way u write i promise u, we all here wil shurely love it, plz dont be offended cos we are all here to help one another. Your best bet for your answer is multi-tv with that you shure will have everything @ your door step entertainment wise of all kind.Thanks
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by emynem05(m): 11:42pm On Mar 03, 2012
@hisoccer sowee it was bb xracter dat caused it.
Ok so wif d srt 4669 series is it possible to track multi tv and watch d channels free?
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by hisoccer(m): 7:07pm On Mar 04, 2012
emynem05:

@hisoccer sowee it was bb xracter dat caused it.
Ok so wif d srt 4669 series is it possible to track multi tv and watch d channels free?
yes brother its very very possible thanks for ur amendment in writting
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by emynem05(m): 7:10pm On Mar 04, 2012
Its ok bruv.
So how do i track my tv stations? Wif wich dish and satelite.
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by hisoccer(m): 6:11am On Mar 05, 2012
emynem05:

Its ok bruv.
So how do i track my tv stations? Wif wich dish and satelite.
dats sum 40 dgree away 4rm multi-tv by turning ur dish 2ur left lets say 4 to 6 inch standing at the back of ur dish before briging it down wards bit by bit by so doing try and swing ur dis left n right gradually in the process u shurly wil hit green, wht abt ur previous instullation wit multi-tv whr u successfull wit it or u're just asking to knw more. Thanks
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by emynem05(m): 9:26am On Mar 05, 2012
Fanks bruv, i wil try it
I was using dstv b4 not multitv. And dis wil b my first DIY.
Wanna try out fins myself now.
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by hisoccer(m): 12:59pm On Mar 05, 2012
emynem05:

Fanks bruv, i wil try it
I was using dstv b4 not multitv. And dis wil b my first DIY.
Wanna try out fins myself now.
best of luck
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by cja4real: 2:32am On Mar 06, 2012
Hello guys,

I am new to this satellite TV technology.

To start with which Strong Decoder is the best for receiving FTAs? And also, do I need to buy 2 dishes to catch more signals?

I will be obliged if someone would answer these sincere questions of mine.
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by hisoccer(m): 9:52am On Mar 06, 2012
cja4real:

Hello guys,

I am new to this satellite TV technology.

To start with which Strong Decoder is the best for receiving FTAs? And also, do I need to buy 2 dishes to catch more signals?

I will be obliged if someone would answer these sincere questions of mine.
read d posts backwards d answer are dre already thanks

1 Like

Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by pheesayor(m): 8:56pm On Mar 17, 2012
Hi everyone,
I have a dstv dish installed, I got their office to subscribe and was told the decoder is no longer supported, I now want to use it for FTA instead, from what I've read here I understand I'll need a strong decoder. What else do I need and how do I go about it?
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Brite02(m): 9:23pm On Mar 17, 2012
pheesayor: Hi everyone,
I have a dstv dish installed, I got their office to subscribe and was told the decoder is no longer supported, I now want to use it for FTA instead, from what I've read here I understand I'll need a strong decoder. What else do I need and how do I go about it?

yeah rite, u will a strong decoder preferably mpeg 4 decoder like srt4669z, srt 4669xii or strong hd decoders like srt4902 or srt 4930 if u can afford, you will coxial cable, f-connector and ya dstv dish that is if u want f.t.a, best bet with ya dstv dish(80cm) is u can hook it to multi tv 28 deg east or w3c 16 deg east or dstv position 36 deg east or sirius4, always remember in F.T.A u cannot get all in one dish.
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by cja4real: 1:27am On Mar 24, 2012
hello gurus,
pls, i will like to know if it is possible to track/receive two satellites with only one LNB? I actually saw a post where one showed a pix of a Astra-2B and Badr-5 tracked with only one LNB.
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Brite02(m): 4:58pm On Mar 24, 2012
cja4real: hello gurus,
pls, i will like to know if it is possible to track/receive two satellites with only one LNB? I actually saw a post where one showed a pix of a Astra-2B and Badr-5 tracked with only one LNB.

its possible but with bigger dish, preferably 3m pan dish, also to get more other beneficts you can motorise it, to acquire multiple f.t.a satellites.

1 Like

Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Pidzo(m): 11:30am On Mar 25, 2012
cja4real: hello gurus,
It is very possible. If the satellites are very close together (imagine they have a low degree difference, say one is at 100 degrees and then the other is at 102 or 96 degrees) you can get them with a smaller dish (from 60 cm if it's KU band) and the more the difference the more you will need to increase dish size. Currently I am getting Arabsat 5c, Eutelsat W3C and Eutelsat W2A on a single 1.8m dish and I intend to get more here although using multiple LNBs. I am getting Sirius 4 and Eutelsat W3A on a single dish and LNB. It all depends on your liking and imagination. wink
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Oladat(m): 10:22pm On Mar 28, 2012
Pls can somebody tell me where I can read about dongles on this forum.
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by aroseyi(m): 11:39am On Mar 29, 2012
Oladat: Pls can somebody tell me where I can read about dongles on this forum.
its off forum topic hre we base on fta hre u may google ur way wit ur browser thks.

1 Like

Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by belove4u: 1:44pm On Apr 03, 2012
hello am a installer in akwa ibom state, but one of my costumer was asking that he needs Mbc max , mbc action, mbc movies , and i dont know which of the dish to use to get the channels, pls someone should help me . cos av never instale mesh dish be-for, and the size of the dish that will works those channels.cos the said that 2m will nt work de channels thanks,
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Brite02(m): 9:05pm On Apr 03, 2012
belove4u: hello am a installer in akwa ibom state, but one of my costumer was asking that he needs Mbc max , mbc action, mbc movies , and i dont know which of the dish to use to get the channels, pls someone should help me . cos av never instale mesh dish be-for, and the size of the dish that will works those channels.cos the said that 2m will nt work de channels thanks,
your sure bet is 3.5m dish and above you can hook those birds
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Brite02(m): 4:04pm On Apr 05, 2012
@Jimoh
all protocols should be observe, thats why i directed you here. The w3c nut screwing is at 16 degrees, lnb skew at 8 o'clock. From dstv/multitv position, raise your dish gradually up to 16 degrees first then move gradually to your right, standing at the back of your dish you will hit green. I hope you are using mpeg 4 receiver and above? Goodluck.

1 Like

Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by jimohbello: 9:47pm On Apr 05, 2012
@brite thanx i don't knw which is d 16degree nut but i have already track dstv and multitv i used dstv as primary and add multitv under they are both at 80% each is it possible i add lnb to it to get w3c n frequence pls
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by jimohbello: 9:49pm On Apr 05, 2012
yes @brite02 have 4669xii hope it's mpeg4 decoder
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Brite02(m): 11:07pm On Apr 05, 2012
@Jimoh,
yeah, sure it is mpeg 4. If you want to add another to that your setup you will probably need to track w3c first then followed with multitv/dstv with a lnb holder(locally made or brand new) all in a 90cm dish or if you don't want to soil your setup you can use different dish, say 60cm dish and above for w3c. Enjoy..
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Brite02(m): 11:12pm On Apr 05, 2012
jimohbello: @brite thanx i don't knw which is d 16degree nut.

If you are using either of dishes 60cm,80cm,90cm e.t.c there are calibrations i.e readings at the back of the dish, try to the calculation wisely.
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by kemmyayeni: 9:01pm On Apr 06, 2012
enitan2002: This is a thread for you guys that are new in the satellite world, come here with your questions and I can assure you they all will be attended to. With the help of fellow learned guys in this area we all will make you feel welcome.

Welcome one, Welcome all.

Questions Please and Lets start it rolling

i really appreciate this. Am truly a novice.In 2010, i bought a strong decoder 4653x with a dish [ i don't know its cm] with MyTv card,since i bought it i've not subscribe[or recharged], i was able to watch FTA which i felt comfortable with. last year wen i lost contact,i found out that the wire connecting to the dish outside was off, i was able to fix it back with the help of my in law. Since then till now, i can't get any channel. I've tried to scan but it's asking for pin,i have tried all the pin code that i know which people tell me to try.To make matter worse, the person that installed the dish in the 1st place is no where to be found.
Please i really need ur help cry
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by dainventor: 11:18pm On Apr 06, 2012
BrandWorld Media
Presents
DIGITAL IMMIGRANTS
Mobile money technology Workshop for the Nigerian Youth.

Venue: Unilag Main Auditorium
Date: 3rd, May, 2012.
Expected number of youths: 5000+

You Shouldn't miss out on this Event!

For enquiries, call: 08034656354..
Volunteers still needed!

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) ... (95) (Reply)

Free to Air codes / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) / Q-SAT: QUEEN OF SATELLITES?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.