Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,448 members, 7,861,299 topics. Date: Saturday, 15 June 2024 at 09:07 AM

Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems - Satellite TV Technology (37) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems (272782 Views)

Am Jjc And Newbie Help Me / Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems / Newbie from Uganda (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) ... (95) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by scampy(m): 3:23pm On Oct 19, 2012
I do av d big dstv dish, i tink it shud b 90cm cos its bigger dan d mytv dish, abt d locatn, i stay in lagos. U av bin so helpful.
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by dynamicd28(m): 5:24pm On Oct 19, 2012
Greetings nairalanders! this is my first post here, so please be gentle. I just acquired a spider m500hd receiver with full hd 1080, hdtv,hdmi,usb,pvr function and mpeg 4 and internet ready through ethernet port. After paying an annual fee to the seller based in amman jordan and he programmed the receiver to be able to receive scrambled channels on the following sattellites, as long as i have an active internet connection with the box. (they termed it installing a user in the receiver)

1.astra 1,2, and 3

2.amos

3.nilesat

4. w1,w2, w3

6.sirius
7.hotbird
8. eurobird

I am so excited, i am coming back to nigeria this weekend and hope to set it up in ikeja lagos. my main interest is in getting the sky uk channels, i grew up watching them via abg and mg in kaduna, iam sure experts in the north remeber those times. Though a novice I understand that the set up required is same as free to air tv ,only difference being that the receiver will go via the internet to get the code to decrypt the scrambled channels.

that said i need advise on how realistic it will be to receive good signals on the astra satellites for sky uk,the hotbird sattellite for sky italia and amos for the yet channels. these sattelites and packages are my main interests.

the plan is to use a 2 m motorised dish for this mission with 3 lnbs as i dont have space for more than 1 dish. i hve an existing dstv dish in lagos, if i motorise it will it suffice.

i intend on hiring an installer to do the setup, interesting as doing it my self maybe, I dont have the time to learn this rather complex subject, and i need to start enjoying this thing fast. think its a good way of dumping dstv, i never really liked them anyway. pointers to good installers in ikeja area would be appreciated. i need to no as much info as possible, so they dont rip me off.

please advice on which satellites i can get etv africa sabc 1 2 and 3 i am interested in those channels also.

thanks in advance.
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by dynamicd28(m): 5:26pm On Oct 19, 2012
could someone recommend a professional installer in ikeja area of lagos that can achieve the above please. thanks in advance.
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Ibaku(m): 12:25am On Oct 20, 2012
Well u better start thinking bout a 4.5m dish if u want to get something outta astra 2b ( sky uk ) cos ur 2m dish aint gonna do nuffing !
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by dynamicd28(m): 5:52am On Oct 20, 2012
ibaku thanks i understand i need a very big dish to get those fringe satellites.ok so where are the big dishes sold? in ikeja preferably? and where can i get installers, most of the guys i spoke to yesterday do only dstv and hitv.
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Nobody: 11:31am On Oct 20, 2012
@all,please i nid detaild discribtiön on hw to track w3 and amos5 using multy tv as refrence.tnx
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by dynamicd28(m): 12:40pm On Oct 20, 2012
hi experts, got a quote from the moulders at 150 k for a 4m dish, is it good or a ripoff, i didnt think it will be that much. was expecting around 50 to 60k what do you guys think?
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Ibaku(m): 5:20pm On Oct 20, 2012
dynamicd28: ibaku thanks i understand i need a very big dish to get those fringe satellites.ok so where are the big dishes sold? in ikeja preferably? and where can i get installers, most of the guys i spoke to yesterday do only dstv and hitv.
if u want we will get together and work something out. Dats our line, fringe reception, plus, I stay in festac..
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Oladat(m): 6:18pm On Oct 20, 2012
Please gurus,can you please give me the basic guideline on how to track intelsat20 ku(nollywood,emmanuel tv and co).Can i track it with 60cm dish.Your quick response will be appreciated.
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Pidzo(m): 8:31pm On Oct 20, 2012
Oladat: Please gurus,can you please give me the basic guideline on how to track intelsat20 ku(nollywood,emmanuel tv and co).Can i track it with 60cm dish.Your quick response will be appreciated.
Intelsat 20 seems to be the easiest sat to track as it seems to have strong signal. I feel you should be able to track it with 60cm. Try using 12602 v 26657. This sat is below ur Dstv sat (W4/7 or the new name Eutelsat W36A) in the eastern direction.
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Oladat(m): 9:48pm On Oct 20, 2012
Pidzo:
Intelsat 20 seems to be the easiest sat to track as it seems to have strong signal. I feel you should be able to track it with 60cm. Try using 12602 v 26657. This sat is below ur Dstv sat (W4/7 or the new name Eutelsat W36A) in the eastern direction.
Oga pidzo,facing the dish,should I turn it left or right.And again how far down is it to dstv(eg. If the marker on the dish says dstv is on 58).I'll really appreciate your help cos since joining this forum as a novice,I've been able to nail,w4,astra 2b,sirius 4,Amos 5,w3c and W7 without much difficulty,I dont know why this one is eluding me.Help!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by kevin96(m): 12:06am On Oct 21, 2012
any installer in benin city? pls let me know

1 Like

Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Ussals(m): 6:21pm On Oct 21, 2012
Oladat:
Oga pidzo,facing the dish,should I turn it left or right.And again how far down is it to dstv(eg. If the marker on the dish says dstv is on 58).I'll really appreciate your help cos since joining this forum as a novice,I've been able to nail,w4,astra 2b,sirius 4,Amos 5,w3c and W7 without much difficulty,I dont know why this one is eluding me.Help!!!!!!!!!!
standing in front of d dish u move it to d right, bt is not advisable to always stand in fron of d dish while tracking most especially now that u r tracking a bird that its signal seems to be hitting d dish horizontally, good luck
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by olenyi: 8:53pm On Oct 21, 2012
Oladat:

As a reference, from dstv position and with u standing behind the dish, let the dish come down till it looks like it is vertically straight, and shift alittle to ur left, play around dia and u'll surely hit green.

NB: As this satellite is almost nearly above the horizon, it is easily blocked by trees, houses, etc. Just make sure u have a clear line of sight to the east wit no obstructions and u are good to go. Don't give up yet. Cheers.
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Oladat(m): 11:01pm On Oct 21, 2012
@all,thank you for all your support and encouragement.I've been able to nail the bird.In fact,thanks to the guidelines i received from you guys,it looked easier than I ever thought.The problem I now have is that I cant receive the signal for the ds** channels.Although. I learnt from lyngsat that they are on the 'south african beam',but I understand that some people are receiving it.Is it that I'll need a bigger dish?Once again,thank you all.
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Nobody: 9:04pm On Oct 22, 2012
Finally i am proud 2 say i have conqured all 90cm ku satelite frm east to west.it was nt easy bt wit d help i got 4rm all FTA thread on nairaland nd d gurus twintaiye nd co.God bless all.nw it tym 2 move on 2 biger dish like 1.8-2.4m dish.pls i'll need all d help i can get in dat area
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Oladat(m): 9:18am On Oct 23, 2012
Please house,is it possible to track intelsat 20 south african beam with a 90cm dish here in Ibadan?
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Ameboperoo(m): 10:58am On Oct 23, 2012
Oladat: Please house,is it possible to track intelsat 20 south african beam with a 90cm dish here in Ibadan?
Even with 60cm u r good 2 go.
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by hisoccer(m): 11:20am On Oct 23, 2012
kevin96: any installer in benin city? pls let me know
just call me on 08062304983 lets help d situation 2geda.. Thanks
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Nobody: 11:37am On Oct 23, 2012
Ameboperoo: Even with 60cm u r good 2 go.
pls wot are it frequency,nd list of channels,tnx in advance
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Ameboperoo(m): 7:31pm On Oct 23, 2012
Same mytv frequencies and channels. It just a change of satellite. U will see intelsat 7/10.
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Nobody: 8:52pm On Oct 24, 2012
@all I have a serious
problem with my
decoder,69xii. I noticed
the box hasn't been
showin signal on some
tps notably the etv frequency on astra
4a.infact,each time i
input the tp on the
box,the signal strength
and quality bar drops to
about 40%red.i tried it on other decoders and
the signal came out
readily. 12053 and 12015
frequencies on same
satellite are all good
with 92% quality.i have done factory reset
many times but the
problem still persists.
Can somebody provide
a way out pls?
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Rextab(m): 7:16am On Oct 25, 2012
habib55: @all I have a serious
problem with my
decoder,69xii. I noticed
the box hasn't been
showin signal on some
tps notably the etv frequency on astra
4a.infact,each time i
input the tp on the
box,the signal strength
and quality bar drops to
about 40%red.i tried it on other decoders and
the signal came out
readily. 12053 and 12015
frequencies on same
satellite are all good
with 92% quality.i have done factory reset
many times but the
problem still persists.
Can somebody provide
a way out pls?
get a different receiver and try it on the same dish...if it works thn ur 69xii is faulty,if it behaves the same check ur LNB.
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Nobody: 8:10am On Oct 25, 2012
Rextab:
get a different receiver and try it on the same dish...if it works thn ur 69xii is faulty,if it behaves the same check ur LNB.
tnx.pls note that dz only happen wen a third dish is connect 2 d box using disecq,also note that d box works parfectly wen using 2 sat dish.pls note dat wen using d 4669 to track d third sat witout d use of disecq it also give a good respönce nd also high % signal.Pls has d above chang ur previous reply.Tnx
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by sammu(m): 10:52am On Oct 25, 2012
@habbib, 1. Change your diseqc, get an original strong diseqc switch. 2 if the problem persist, update your firmware . Cheers
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by kevin96(m): 12:41am On Oct 26, 2012
Pls can someone confirm, nollywood and nollywood-plus channel has been showing as scrammbled channels on my intelsat 68.5ku.........feed back pls.
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by kevin96(m): 12:49am On Oct 26, 2012
hisoccer:
just call me on 08062304983 lets help d situation 2geda.. Thanks

thanks man. I appreciate you for u time and effort although i already contacted an installer,and he has done it.
@all pls what are the channels on w3c? Thanks people.
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Nobody: 7:35pm On Oct 26, 2012
@all i track w3c nd amos5 i
got gud % nd i got all d
channels dz bird has 2 offer bt
pls my question is dat wot
are d major channels i'm 2 luk
out for during futboll match days,tnx
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by olenyi: 10:02pm On Oct 26, 2012
habib55: @all i track w3c nd amos5 i
got gud % nd i got all d
channels dz bird has 2 offer bt
pls my question is dat wot
are d major channels i'm 2 luk
out for during futboll match days,tnx

Rdv, Rts, Lc2, afrique media, Tv5 monde
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Dayet777(m): 1:21pm On Oct 28, 2012
Pls I tried all my best to nail etv hyde park with all frequency view here but I only nail on others like vox etc up to 95% pls help me out on what to do
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Nobody: 5:42pm On Oct 28, 2012
Dayet777: Pls I tried all my best to nail etv hyde park with all frequency view here but I only nail on others like vox etc up to 95% pls help me out on what to do
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by olenyi: 9:53pm On Oct 28, 2012
Dayet777: Pls I tried all my best to nail etv hyde park with all frequency view here but I only nail on others like vox etc up to 95% pls help me out on what to do

Dat channel is a feed channel. Which means dat it's not always on. So why not occassionaly blind scan ur decoder or better still manualy input 12740 04430 V/H depending on ur lnb skew. Ur best bet is to try it 5 mins into a match on a match day. Cheers.

(1) (2) (3) ... (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) (39) (40) ... (95) (Reply)

Free to Air codes / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) / Q-SAT: QUEEN OF SATELLITES?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.