Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,720 members, 7,816,964 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 09:27 PM

Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems - Satellite TV Technology (62) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Satellite TV Technology / Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems (271545 Views)

Am Jjc And Newbie Help Me / Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems / Newbie from Uganda (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) ... (95) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by 4llerbuntu(m): 1:58pm On Sep 14, 2013
please please guys I need opinions criticism and helpful tips.

firstly I don't know jack about fta or sats. iv just been reading here a lot.
COMPLETE NOOB. BUT SMART ENOUGH TO LEARN.

this pix is probably not representative of what the final thing will be. I may get professional help later. I'm not installing today yet.

however I bought the dish and some lnb and could not help but mess around with coupling it.

this is what I ended up with. location is lagos.

aiming for sats in the east. dstv amos astra

what do u reckon I can get with this lnb arrangement.

how can it be improved or tweaked.

in what ways is it totally wrong.

PLS HELP.

if possible help me illustrate the pic.

nb. used this materials because I can't get a tripod arm. If u know where I can get pls tell me.

Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by 4llerbuntu(m): 2:07pm On Sep 14, 2013
lnb

Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Leopantro: 4:32pm On Sep 14, 2013
Forgive me but need to ask why four? Wouldn't it be difficult to properly align all four lnb regardless of how you set the lnb holder in that manner? If you must use four why don't you diy a lnb holder with each lnb having a stem to the holder so each lnb can be adjusted without touching or disturbing the others? Wish I could draw what I mean.
Isn't it possible to split the output signal from one lnb into two thus you will just use two lnb? I remember seeing an lnb with two output Jacks and the owner split again into two so four different decorders had one lnb. However, it was a hotel and picture quality was low

Please disregard if the above is out of point
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by 4llerbuntu(m): 5:42pm On Sep 14, 2013
naah. ur within point bro.

like I said... this is a function of idleness.

I'm quite aware the 4th lnb is likely to be a dud. but I bought it already so make I hang am like that joor.

actually I believe the two central lnbs will get amos 5 / multi tv / joy tv. I'm hoping the one on the right (standing behind the dish, lnb facing me) will track dstv just in case (its not my priority, I can't be paying for what I won't watch at all)

i suspect 28º cant be that far from 36º at an angle. jjc oversabi grin

the 4th one is "supposed" to be 7º E but even me can se3 clearly its nowhere near that.

I'd give an arm to get one of those multiple lnb holders but I can't seem to find any. and the welders and aluminum guys in my vicinity can't seem to understand my efforts to describe one for them.

I'm just trying to learn. I'd appreciate insight into the angles n settings . doing it practically is different from just reading TP this, Skew That... cheesy

the lnbs are moveable and rotatable tho....
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by 4llerbuntu(m): 5:44pm On Sep 14, 2013
naah. ur within point bro.

like I said... this is a function of idleness.

I'm quite aware the 4th lnb is likely to be a dud. but I bought it already so make I hang am like that joor.

actually I believe the two central lnbs will get amos 5 / multi tv / joy tv. I'm hoping the one on the right (standing behind the dish, lnb facing me) will track dstv just in case (its not my priority, I can't be paying for what I won't watch at all)

i suspect 28º cant be that far from 36º at an angle. jjc oversabi grin

the 4th one is "supposed" to be 7º E but even me can se3 clearly its nowhere near that.

I'd give an arm to get one of those multiple lnb holders but I can't seem to find any. and the welders and aluminum guys in my vicinity can't seem to understand my efforts to describe one for them.

I'm just trying to learn. I'd appreciate insight into the angles n settings . doing it practically is different from just reading TP this, Skew That... cheesy

the lnbs are moveable and rotatable tho....

NB my oversabi is based on the confidence some sat tracking apps on my fone is giving me. the arc from 7-36 is what my idea for the lnbs is based on
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by 4llerbuntu(m): 5:45pm On Sep 14, 2013
double post
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by 4llerbuntu(m): 5:51pm On Sep 14, 2013
about splitting the lnbs actually I'm using just one decoder..... I'm trying to aim at different sats to be hooked via a DisEqc.

instead make I learn d easy one do 1 sat jeje na 4 I wan do....... me wey no even sabi where north or south dey... grin grin

I want to be like una noni.. no more oppression; D
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by 4llerbuntu(m): 7:39am On Sep 15, 2013
funny how nobody ever answers reasonable questions.

pretty sure if I start making noise about dongles and cams you folks will find the motivation to use the reply button abi? hmmn.

anyway at least if u can't humor my other questions can someone pls at least help me with measurements to make a lnb holder? I'm not good at the maths aspect. if I want to make the curved bar in attached pic , at what angle should the bar be curved, what will be the distance between the points where the lnbs are mounted?
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by miju(m): 11:12am On Sep 15, 2013
I need to get c-band on 1meter dish. i have the dish, a c/ku strong brand lnb and i have fabricated a c-ban lnb holder. please house, what next? Am i good to go? my target is either amos 5 or 20 degrees east. kindly assist.
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Efinazo: 2:16pm On Sep 15, 2013
olenyi:

@Efinazo

Sorry for the late response. My site schedule is ''killing'' me. Am most times on the move and out of network range.

Check out these links to see if its within your area.

I promise to do a more indept research for you and give you feedback in the next two days.

http://www.flysat.com/is902.php

http://winners-chapel.org.uk/london/media_tv_broadcast.php

@Olenyi Thanks for your promise. I really need help, bcs the people here are not close to church, so all the Satellite channels they know is only about movies or football. I need to get a clear info before approaching them for installation. Their own is to install dish based on your polarity requirements , the rest "you are on your own". I can't understand the map above, but I have indicated my location in the pic below, pls help.[img][/img]

[img][/img]

Regards.

Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by microgiant: 3:40pm On Sep 16, 2013
4llerbuntu: about splitting the lnbs actually I'm using just one decoder..... I'm trying to aim at different sats to be hooked via a DisEqc.

instead make I learn d easy one do 1 sat jeje na 4 I wan do....... me wey no even sabi where north or south dey... grin grin

I want to be like una noni.. no more oppression; D

4llerbuntu, you dish is already facing pointed to DSTV direction, to track other satellites from that position when you are behind the dish moving it to your left means moving to West, while the other way round is moving to East.
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by 4llerbuntu(m): 6:37pm On Sep 16, 2013
microgiant:

4llerbuntu, you dish is already facing pointed to DSTV direction, to track other satellites from that position when you are behind the dish moving it to your left means moving to West, while the other way round is moving to East.

thank you so much bro.

i need to clarify something.... if tracking 2 sats the angle of elevation of the dish on both differs, how does one compensate?

increase the downward facing angle of the lnb or decrease it?
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by microgiant: 7:52am On Sep 17, 2013
Satellite signal (which is a radio signal) obeys the Physics Law of Reflection
http://www.physicsclassroom.com/class/refln/u13l1c.cfm

To track satellites to the East from DSTV position, that is right movement, the dish should be moving down, while tracking to the West the dish will the moving up till you get to 0 degrees at which point the dish will be facing up, then start coming down again as you continue to move West.

next image is courtesy
http://www.satelliteforcaravans.co.uk/skewetc.htm

Last is courtesy
www.rv.net

Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by microgiant: 8:02am On Sep 17, 2013
4llerbuntu for you to get another satellite, while your primary lnb is facing let say 36E (DSTV) position, MultiTV is on 28.2E that is to the right of DSTV while standing at the back of the dish. You can search for the signal to the left while standing at the back of the dish if you are facing the dish, you search to the right because the signal is coming in from the left side and using Law of the Reflection, the signal is reflected towards the right side. see image below for clarification.

after getting MultiTV and DSTV, to search for 16/17 while facing the dish search to the right of MultiTV.
first image is courtesy
http://www.brymar.co.uk/acatalog/copy_of_LNBs_and_Dishes_5.html

Second image is courtesy
http://www.austech.info/newbie-satellite/62430-multi-lnb-setup.html

Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by microgiant: 9:47am On Sep 17, 2013
The limitation is the surface of the dish that sees the signal. A 90cm dish can pick multiple signals that can be received with 60cm up to 97% conveniently. But where the signal is not stable on 90cm it becomes difficult to receive it on an attached LNB, in which case you make the satellite with the weakest signal your primary LNB and others, attachment. cool
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by wisdommos(m): 10:45am On Sep 17, 2013
Pls Can anyone help me with the information on how to get a new C band Dish OR a fairly used C band dish. Am based in warri. U cn send a mail to wisdomcool16@yahoo.co.uk
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by 4llerbuntu(m): 11:00am On Sep 17, 2013
chai. @ microgiant GOD BLESS YOU SO VERY MUCH.

im so taking notes. the diagrams are so very helpful!!!!!.

Learning is so much fun. u just made me understand the pan up and down thing.

so for the 3 lnb setup which satellite would be the primary (weakest)? Astra 2B right?

lemme digest n get back if i have further questions.
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by microgiant: 12:52pm On Sep 17, 2013
I will use your picture to illustrate
With MultiTV(popular called JoyTV) @28.2E as your primary LNB,
Eutelsat 7 (DSTV) @ 36E will be on top just like you have fixed it (approximately 5cm above Astra 2F)
Then Amos5/W3C can be gotten below, attached to the LNB holder arm.

Note. Search for JoyTV first, then DSTV comes on top remember the LNB should slightly face to your right (while standing in front of the dish)
Lastly Amos5/W3C comes next to the right side of the LNB arm also facing towards your left.

There are no hard and fast rules. You have to search for the signal first and fix the LNB at the point you receive the signal.

Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by 4llerbuntu(m): 1:21pm On Sep 17, 2013
^^ choi YESS BOSS!!!!!

Mehn... i no come get sister wey i fit dash u oooo........

Thanks bruv. this is absolutely enlightening.
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Nobody: 1:46pm On Sep 17, 2013
pls can i connect a hd decoder and an sd decoder to get added advantages like biss decryption
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by johnozigi: 5:28pm On Sep 17, 2013
PLEASE IS THERE A PLACE I CAN GET AN AVATAR FOR SRT 4940 AROUND KOGI STATE PRECISELY IN OKENE OR LOKOJA. CONTACT PLEASE. EMAIL ME ON johnwiise@yahoo.co.uk or text me address on 08160314798. thanks
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by olenyi: 10:42pm On Sep 17, 2013
morainez: pls can i connect a hd decoder and an sd decoder to get added advantages like biss decryption

If you have an HD receiver, then make use of it and keep the sd aside.

Regards.
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Nobody: 12:33pm On Sep 18, 2013
olenyi:

If you have an HD receiver, then make use of it and keep the sd aside.

Regards.
@olenyi i have 4940 hd which does not support keys and i am thinking if i can connect it to my old 4663 since 4663 can support keys to enable me access irib
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by olenyi: 10:38pm On Sep 18, 2013
morainez: @olenyi i have 4940 hd which does not support keys and i am thinking if i can connect it to my old 4663 since 4663 can support keys to enable me access irib

Doesn't work that way bro. If you most use biss, then you might want to get a new receiver. You could sell off the 4940.

Regards.
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by Efinazo: 5:57am On Sep 19, 2013
olenyi:

Doesn't work that way bro. If you most use biss, then you might want to get a new receiver. You could sell off the 4940.

Regards.
@Olenyi still waiting for your promise about my question .
If anybody in the house can help me pls.
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by olenyi: 7:23am On Sep 19, 2013
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by rapthugx(m): 12:59pm On Sep 19, 2013
z.anthony:
Also please are there universal LNBF
that can track both C-band frequency
and at the same time track Ku band
frequency and how much does it cost
any idea.
olenyi:
Yes there are. But the down side is that because most c band freq's require the insertion of the dielectric plate inside the c band lnb throat, the dielectric will now act as an obstruction for the ku band signals. It's normally used when one is tracking C-Band satellites that don't require dialect like intelsat 20c.

Regards.
Pls sir Oga Olenyi, will u advice one to use this universal lnb to track Amos 5 C and Ku bands and possibly 16.0°E Eutelsat
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by astanco(m): 1:47pm On Sep 19, 2013
Can some one teach me how to track astra4 abi na sirius. Pics will be highly appreciated.
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by gtstix(m): 2:39pm On Sep 19, 2013
Gudday peeps, pls I need your help. I have two satellite dish. One for MyTV, the other for Multi TV. Now I want to add up to 2 or 3 more lnbs to enable me track other satellites for FTA live sports channels. Please how do I go about it? Which satellites do I need to track? On which of the two dish should I attach the additional lnbs? Thanks in anticipation of your kind responses.
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by rapthugx(m): 6:04pm On Sep 19, 2013
gtstix: Gudday peeps, pls I need your help. I have two satellite dish. One for MyTV, the other for Multi TV. Now I want to add up to 2 or 3 more lnbs to enable me track other satellites for FTA live sports channels. Please how do I go about it? Which satellites do I need to track? On which of the two dish should I attach the additional lnbs? Thanks in anticipation of your kind responses.
U can add another lnb few inches above ur multi tv lnb to get 36.0°E with the TP 12275V/11200. Goodluck.
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by olenyi: 12:13am On Sep 20, 2013
gtstix: Gudday peeps, pls I need your help. I have two satellite dish. One for MyTV, the other for Multi TV. Now I want to add up to 2 or 3 more lnbs to enable me track other satellites for FTA live sports channels. Please how do I go about it? Which satellites do I need to track? On which of the two dish should I attach the additional lnbs? Thanks in anticipation of your kind responses.

Go through this thread and adjust accordingly to fit your requirements. You can always ask more questions for clarification.

https://www.nairaland.com/1337636/pls-me-installation-settings-position

Regards.
Re: Newbie In Satellite Installation: Introduce Yourself Here With Your Problems by olenyi: 12:15am On Sep 20, 2013
rapthugx:

Pls sir Oga Olenyi, will u advice one to use this universal lnb to track Amos 5 C and Ku bands and possibly 16.0°E Eutelsat

Not advisable. Get separate C-Band and ku lnb's for them.

Regards.

(1) (2) (3) ... (59) (60) (61) (62) (63) (64) (65) ... (95) (Reply)

Free to Air codes / Official Thread of Free-To-Air Satellite TV (Part 1) / Q-SAT: QUEEN OF SATELLITES?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.