Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,442 members, 7,812,325 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:41 AM

Give Us The Reason Why U Not Buying Iphone 7 - Phones (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Give Us The Reason Why U Not Buying Iphone 7 (31624 Views)

Please Advice On Buying Iphone / Man Celebrates His Achievement After Buying Iphone 7 / 5 Essential Things To Consider Before Buying Iphone 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Give Us The Reason Why U Not Buying Iphone 7 by Demmzy15(m): 8:53am On Sep 13, 2016
DTRUMPER:
Has only 2gb Ram, I will buy One plus 3 instead with 6Gb Ram
Your head dey there jare! cheesy

1 Like

Re: Give Us The Reason Why U Not Buying Iphone 7 by abatically(m): 8:56am On Sep 13, 2016
LaExpert:

Many use that lil port to connect to a portable speaker while they play music on their phones...and charge simultaneously.

The removal of the headphone jack is simply a big no-no.

Actually most people that use iPhones would rather connect to portable speakers through Bluetooth. Almost every portable speakers out there have Bluetooth. iPhones are not cheap so I don't expect anyone without enough money to fork out about 300-400k on an iPhone. If u can spend such money then u should be able to buy Bluetooth speakers. If u can't u can still buy adaptors that allow 3mm jack and charging at the same time.

If this was the standard on Android phones then it would have been a bigger problem as lots of Android users can only afford a 20k phone. But if u can afford an iPhone of 400k then i don't see this as a big deal. It's a turn off but apple users will live with it.
Re: Give Us The Reason Why U Not Buying Iphone 7 by skyhighweb(m): 9:02am On Sep 13, 2016
ok dear nairalanders when i opened this thread it was suppose to b a joke about why i wont buy iphone7 that's why i said my colour isnt among "ship blue" because there's a jet blue colour.

but it seem nigers they vex these days
Re: Give Us The Reason Why U Not Buying Iphone 7 by computerboy: 9:05am On Sep 13, 2016
That phone is my 2 years rent. I can only buy if I'm gonna live inside it

4 Likes

Re: Give Us The Reason Why U Not Buying Iphone 7 by cmecproblem(m): 9:09am On Sep 13, 2016
The iphone 6plus is still an amazing phone and i rather wait for the iphone 7 plus.
Re: Give Us The Reason Why U Not Buying Iphone 7 by ollah2: 9:13am On Sep 13, 2016
bimbor:

To put it correctly, iOS is the thing that stands Apple devices out. Head to head feature wise Samsung will murder iPhone any day but the Android OS cannot stand beside the iOS hence the slight edge over Samsung.

Kindly shed more light on the bolded.
Re: Give Us The Reason Why U Not Buying Iphone 7 by ollah2: 9:15am On Sep 13, 2016
cmecproblem:
The iphone 6plus is still an amazing phone and i rather wait for the iphone 7 plus.

It's obvious u've got no 6 plus cos 7 didn't debut alone
Re: Give Us The Reason Why U Not Buying Iphone 7 by Phonefanatic: 9:15am On Sep 13, 2016
bimbor:

Loool......gbagaun! grin

You just contradicted yourself grin

Read again.
Re: Give Us The Reason Why U Not Buying Iphone 7 by ollah2: 9:17am On Sep 13, 2016
abatically:

Actually most people that use iPhones would rather connect to portable speakers through Bluetooth. Almost every portable speakers out there have Bluetooth. iPhones are not cheap so I don't expect anyone without enough money to fork out about 300-400k on an iPhone. If u can spend such money then u should be able to buy Bluetooth speakers. If u can't u can still buy adaptors that allow 3mm jack and charging at the same time.

If this was the standard on Android phones then it would have been a bigger problem as lots of Android users can only afford a 20k phone. But if u can afford an iPhone of 400k then i don't see this as a big deal. It's a turn off but apple users will live with it.

Hence the name iSheep
Re: Give Us The Reason Why U Not Buying Iphone 7 by abatically(m): 9:19am On Sep 13, 2016
abiambo:
Biko don't generalize ur situation, this thread is a joke dnt take it too serious cos the only reason people won't buy is money , not earpiece , if u know Apple u know it's always better u buy it now and and not worry for years and still sell it for a very reasonable price ..

I don't know why people are making a big deal of the wireless headphones as if it will ship with the phone. Samsung has their own wireless earbuds called Samsung gear icon x and it costs $200 (lot more than the apple airpods) but these people won't know because it is not an apple product. Though I can almost guarantee the icon x will sound better than apple airpods. And there is the Bragi dash wireless earbuds that cost $300. That is twice the price of apple airpods.

1 Share

Re: Give Us The Reason Why U Not Buying Iphone 7 by ollah2: 9:23am On Sep 13, 2016
ewizard1:
Most people hasn't found the sarcasm yet!!! grin grin

I swear. Comprehension issues na big problem for Nigerian youths
Re: Give Us The Reason Why U Not Buying Iphone 7 by abatically(m): 9:23am On Sep 13, 2016
ollah2:

Hence the name iSheep

Call it whatever. Check my screenshots above, the pictures were uploaded with an Android phone and I can't remember the last time I used a cable to connect my phone to a portable speaker. I use Bluetooth both on my iPhone and Android phone.

Shebi Lenovo don first remove the headphone jack from the Moto z and moto z force, why una no make noise? But because it is apple now all y'all are making noise. Don't worry, very soon Samsung will follow suit and then it would suddenly become 'normal'. Shebi Samsung was like using the removable battery thing as a selling point and we all blamed apple for using non removable battery in their phones. But today Samsung no longer make phones with removable battery. Shebi we all blamed apple for switching to micro sim, and even went ahead to use nano sim... Shey we die? Today all Android flagships use nano sim.

Don't worry, shebi apple have introduced the jet black color, watch out for Samsung next year if they won't release a jet black color of the galaxy s8, just like everyone started making white phones when apple first introduced it in the iPhone 4.
Re: Give Us The Reason Why U Not Buying Iphone 7 by ollah2: 9:25am On Sep 13, 2016
abatically:

Call it whatever. Check my screenshots above, the pictures were uploaded with an Android phone and I can't remember the last time I used a cable to connect my phone to a portable speaker. I use Bluetooth both on my iPhone and Android phone.

grin
Re: Give Us The Reason Why U Not Buying Iphone 7 by sheddy03: 9:29am On Sep 13, 2016
my infinix note 2 running on android 6.0 XOS is more than serving me perfectly well. thanks iphone7.
Re: Give Us The Reason Why U Not Buying Iphone 7 by abatically(m): 9:32am On Sep 13, 2016
ollah2:

grin

Shebi Lenovo don first remove the headphone jack from the Moto z and moto z force, why una no make noise? But because it is apple now all y'all are making noise. Don't worry, very soon Samsung will follow suit and then it would suddenly become 'normal'. Shebi Samsung was like using the removable battery thing as a selling point and we all blamed apple for using non removable battery in their phones. But today Samsung no longer make phones with removable battery. Shebi we all blamed apple for switching to micro sim, and even went ahead to use nano sim... Shey we die? Today all Android flagships use nano sim.

Don't worry, shebi apple have introduced the jet black color, watch out for Samsung next year if they won't release a jet black color of the galaxy s8, just like everyone started making white phones when apple first introduced it in the iPhone 4.
Re: Give Us The Reason Why U Not Buying Iphone 7 by akereconfi: 9:35am On Sep 13, 2016
bimbor:

You care to tell the house what the several issues with your S7 edge are? You mean the S7 edge is having bad issues?

I used to think the S7 was the best from Samsung so far

Major issue.... Over sensitive screen, and Samsung didn't allow you to reduce it.

Also the edge, if you hold the phone, once your hand touches the edge, it opens app unnecessarily
Re: Give Us The Reason Why U Not Buying Iphone 7 by bimbor(m): 9:39am On Sep 13, 2016
abatically:

The price is cheaper than the last iPhone. The base mode 32gbl this year starts at $650 which is the price they sold the 16gb iPhone 6s.

That is why Apple is a rip off!

If they could sell the 32gb for $650 why did they sell the 16gb for $650? Why didn't they sell it for $100 less?? But no, that is Apple, a complete rip off company that deliberately lags behind and put minor updates every year just so they can continue to rip their brainwashed followers.

I'm happy a lot of Americans are beginning to realise this and dumping Apple for good. Go on Craigslist you will see how people are selling off their iPhones to buy the S7 edge. And the S8 will even still be legendary! When they could no longer cope with the heat Samsung was giving them they had to introduce IPX8 certification. And from what I heard sef the iPhone 7 might water resistance might not ne that strong so I advise users not to joke with water with their iPhone 7.

Let Apple continue to sell out their customers but one day the jazz go clear for everybody eye and by then Mr Tim Cook would realise the damage he has done to Steve Job's dreams!
Re: Give Us The Reason Why U Not Buying Iphone 7 by bimbor(m): 9:41am On Sep 13, 2016
akereconfi:

Major issue.... Over sensitive screen, and Samsung didn't allow you to reduce it.

Also the edge, if you hold the phone, once your hand touches the edge, it opens app unnecessarily

Haba.....that one no be big deal na.

You don make me fear grin
Re: Give Us The Reason Why U Not Buying Iphone 7 by akereconfi: 9:43am On Sep 13, 2016
bimbor:

Haba.....that one no be big deal na.

You don make me fear grin

Lol, the screen is too sensitive. Trust me, a lot of people has returned the back but I'm madly in love with the Camera smiley smiley smiley smiley smiley
Re: Give Us The Reason Why U Not Buying Iphone 7 by abatically(m): 9:45am On Sep 13, 2016
bimbor:

That is why Apple is a rip off!

If theu could sell the 32gb for $650 why did they sell the 16gb for $650? Why didn't they sell it for $100 less?? But no, that is Apple, a complete rip off company that deliberately lags behind and put minor updates every year just so they can continue to rip their brainwashed followers.

I'm happy a lot of Americans are beginning to realise this and dumping Apple for good. Go on Craigslist you will see how people are selling off their iPhones to buy the S7 edge. And the S8 will even still be legendary! Let Apple continue to sell out their customers but one day the jazz go clear for everybody eye and by then Mr Tim Cook would realise the damage he has done to Steve Job's dreams!

Chill bro. How much was the base model galaxy s6 sold for? How much is the s6 edge. Apple has an advantage because they have iOS, if u want iOS u don't have a choice but buy an iPhone. But if u want Android there are gazillion of phones to choose from, still an iPhone still sells for the same price of an Android flagship.

U want $100 difference between 16 and 32gb models (even though they have stopped making 16gb models ) but have u asked urself the price difference between the 16gb model of galaxy s5 and the 32gb model.

Why don't u ask urself how many years did Samsung sell us plastic phones with mediocre battery for premium price before they finally went with premium design with the galaxy s6? Just imagine the battery explosion problem galaxy note 7 is facing. That is an $800-$900 phone. Now imagine if that was an iphone, Bros we for no hear word again o because this forum will be filled with threads mocking the iPhone. I am one of those that have been defending the note 7 because I'm a neutral person and I understand this kind of thing can happe to any company, having a recall is not a new thing, it has happened to most of the top companies. But if this was an iphone issue u all would have exergeratted it. Let's put fanboyism aside, Apple and Samsung are not paying either of us so why we want die for their matter? I buy whichever phone fits my needs, it doesn't matter if it is Samsung or apple.
Re: Give Us The Reason Why U Not Buying Iphone 7 by southernbelle(f): 9:51am On Sep 13, 2016
Silverstars:

Do u guys know the meaning of "no brainer?"
cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Give Us The Reason Why U Not Buying Iphone 7 by michaelwilli(m): 9:52am On Sep 13, 2016
dominique:
Those cordless ear phones are a huge turnoff, why on earth should I be recharging earphones nitori Olorun? I'll patiently wait for the 7s or 8 cool tongue
U had beta glue da earphone to ur ear, or u go dey spend 69 k everyday
Re: Give Us The Reason Why U Not Buying Iphone 7 by bimbor(m): 10:03am On Sep 13, 2016
michaelwilli:

U had beta glue da earphone to ur ear, or u go dey spend 69 k everyday

Ugly overpriced piece of Ear pods.

Apple is out of ideas!!!
Re: Give Us The Reason Why U Not Buying Iphone 7 by LaExpert: 10:16am On Sep 13, 2016
abatically:

That does not change the fact that Many use that lil port to connect to a portable speaker while they play music on their phones...and charge simultaneously.

Expensive portable speakers still have ports for wired connection...or how many expensive speakers do you know of that does not support it?

You've already said the removal of the headphone jack is a 'no brainer.'
Re: Give Us The Reason Why U Not Buying Iphone 7 by suzzy4God(f): 10:17am On Sep 13, 2016
because I just started saving my 25k salary for it.
Re: Give Us The Reason Why U Not Buying Iphone 7 by Palmerbarry: 10:19am On Sep 13, 2016
DTRUMPER:
Has only 2gb Ram, I will buy One plus 3 instead with 6Gb Ram
undecided you cant compare the speed of iPhone 7 with one+ 3. Youre just judgin a book by its cover, thats all. I prefer LG v20's 4gb Ram than the one+ 3
Re: Give Us The Reason Why U Not Buying Iphone 7 by IamSimi(m): 10:21am On Sep 13, 2016
I love ma gionee m5 maraton #andriod_rocks
Re: Give Us The Reason Why U Not Buying Iphone 7 by bimbor(m): 10:26am On Sep 13, 2016
Palmerbarry:
undecided you cant compare the speed of iPhone 7 with one+ 3. Youre just judgin a book by its cover, thats all. I prefer LG v20's 4gb Ram than the one+ 3

iOS has unparalleled optimization. Apple put their 2GB RAM into best use so its not by how many gigs of RAM your phone has. Personally I think putting 6gb of RAM into a phone is an overkill. My problem with Apple is their slow growth and lazy innovation for a company that was built around innovation.
Re: Give Us The Reason Why U Not Buying Iphone 7 by Melonny(m): 10:28am On Sep 13, 2016
if you understand 'life cycle costing', you would not get an iPhone.. the life cycle of an iPhone is just a year. Apple(iPhone) uses market skimming pricing to target a "particular section"of the market.
Re: Give Us The Reason Why U Not Buying Iphone 7 by ollah2: 10:34am On Sep 13, 2016
abatically:

the way u guys lie regarding Apple ehnn.. chai!!
HTC introduced Jet black since '14. Desire 510
There have always been white phones since time memorial

You don't need to lie inorder to score cheap points mr greenhulk
Re: Give Us The Reason Why U Not Buying Iphone 7 by abatically(m): 10:44am On Sep 13, 2016
ollah2:

the way u guys lie regarding Apple ehnn.. chai!!
HTC introduced Jet black since '14. Desire 510
There have always been white phones since time memorial

You don't need to lie inorder to score cheap points mr greenhulk

Mr ollah, just like apple didn't make the first phone without a headphone jack but they will make it popular, that's the same way they made white phones popular. It was fun watching celebrities carry white iPhone 4 back in the day, it was the catalyst behind other OEMs making white phones (it is the truth whether u like it or not). And who Sabi HTC desire 510? Why didn't get black bcome popular? But u know it's about to become popular now because it is one of the colors of the iPhone 7. Not just any iPhone 7 but it is actually on the more expensive 128gb ones. Just like Apple made a pinkish phone and called it rose gold (Yes I know rose gold does exist) and suddenly I started seeing a lot of android phones with rose gold color option.

And I hate using this moniker but antispambot can dey barn for for no damn reason.
Re: Give Us The Reason Why U Not Buying Iphone 7 by poweredcom(m): 10:47am On Sep 13, 2016
skyhighweb:
i have been waiting for iPhone 7 for a while now its
finally out reasonable price but am not buying
because it doesnt come in the colour i want
"ship blue" am so sad.

no go use ur money invest in business na iphone 7...i pity ur future

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Have You Noticed Mtn's Cheap Rates / Free Mep 0 Reset For 10 People / Apple Fired An Iphone X Engineer After His Daughter Hands-on Video Turned Viral

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.