Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,915 members, 7,828,195 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:48 AM

EFCC Wants To Take My Hard-Earned Money – Patience Jonathan - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EFCC Wants To Take My Hard-Earned Money – Patience Jonathan (35483 Views)

$15m Saga: ‘EFCC Is Trying To Claim My Hard Earned Money’ – Patience Jonathan / EFCC Wants To Steal My Money –patience Jonathan / Fani-kayode: EFCC Wants Me To Refund N840m Without Trial (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EFCC Wants To Take My Hard-Earned Money – Patience Jonathan by Micah360(m): 8:23am On Sep 17, 2016
Hard earned my foot

1 Like

Re: EFCC Wants To Take My Hard-Earned Money – Patience Jonathan by Nobody: 8:24am On Sep 17, 2016
dimieprincess:
I now believe that 90% of zombies are stark illiterates. I am usually taken aback on how they write, may be they are paying someone to do it for them because their reasoning is just like a day baby.

No one above is asking EFCC to charge her to court to prove her ownership just as Professor Itsa Sagay opined. You don't just maligned people because you are poor, this hatred though caused by poverty of the mind is been taken too far.

Under the seizure clause in the EFCC Act the EFCC can seize assets that it considers to be fruits of crime. They have taken the people in whose names the accounts were registered to court and collected guilty pleas. Patience is not a party to the suit because NONE of the accounts were in her name. Control of an account through a visa card is not the same as ownership. EFCC has no business with her. If she claims that the money is hers she must show proof of ownership; including how it was earned.

You hold forth against other commentators but have yourself failed to understand the facts of the case or the issues arising.

The burden is on Patience to show that she is the legitimate owner of the funds including providing evidence for the source of funds and taxes paid against such income. No one needs to take her to court It's a simple and clear matter. She should present her documents. Simple.

5 Likes

Re: EFCC Wants To Take My Hard-Earned Money – Patience Jonathan by dimieprincess(f): 8:26am On Sep 17, 2016
truepropertyng:
She needs to explain to Efcc how she made the money instead of shouting.
She has gone to court and believe u me, Efcc won't obey court order so she needs public, both local and international empathy. Efcc and dss under Dullest president ever are so deluded with the songs from their praise singers like you

1 Like

Re: EFCC Wants To Take My Hard-Earned Money – Patience Jonathan by nototribalist: 8:29am On Sep 17, 2016
zikter:
I just wonder why PDP did not jail him when they had opportunity. may be he is not corrupt after all or gej was a coward not to nail him.
no PDP was too busy fighting to make Nigeria the best economy in Africa instead of chasing people around. But since Buhari have chosen to pause the economy to fight his political enemies with dss and efcc. We will help him go down

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: EFCC Wants To Take My Hard-Earned Money – Patience Jonathan by Candyrain(m): 8:29am On Sep 17, 2016
vedaxcool:
[s][/s]

Evidence I defended the duo or you are a shameless liar

We all know ur type. Go jorrr
Re: EFCC Wants To Take My Hard-Earned Money – Patience Jonathan by chiraqDemon(m): 8:30am On Sep 17, 2016
Something that stsrted as news has become two opposing tribalistic sections of nairaland throwing verbal stones at each other
Which side to join tho??

1 Like

Re: EFCC Wants To Take My Hard-Earned Money – Patience Jonathan by olagold79: 8:30am On Sep 17, 2016
Hard eanred............... grin grin grin grin grin grin

Re: EFCC Wants To Take My Hard-Earned Money – Patience Jonathan by Nobody: 8:31am On Sep 17, 2016
Hard earned biti bawo? eri patience ti n touch fa undecided

Abeg vomit our money jhor.

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Wants To Take My Hard-Earned Money – Patience Jonathan by zikter(m): 8:32am On Sep 17, 2016
Candyrain:

Isn't it funny dat the same hypocritical u who defended Buratai and Dambazzau is here calling for the confiscation of PEJ's money without charging her to court to prove her innocence from the allegation? Zombism is damn real
you misunderstanding the whole issue. efcc has no evidence against mama. the people who have issues with efcc are already charged, some have pleaded guilty already. patience is the one claiming the money she has no connection with base on bank documents. and are you not aware that she has sue efcc and Skye bank? why are you now saying efcc should take her to court while they have not accuse her? be logical and intelligent with your views in a public forum like this instead calling people names. it is not worth it.

5 Likes

Re: EFCC Wants To Take My Hard-Earned Money – Patience Jonathan by genearts(m): 8:33am On Sep 17, 2016
Candyrain:

Isn't it funny dat the same hypocritical u who defended Buratai and Dambazzau is here calling for the confiscation of PEJ's money without charging her to court to prove her innocence from the allegation? Zombism is damn real

How is it PEJ's money?

3 Likes

Re: EFCC Wants To Take My Hard-Earned Money – Patience Jonathan by lastpage: 8:33am On Sep 17, 2016
dimieprincess:
I now believe that 90% of zombies are stark illiterates. I am usually taken aback on how they write, may be they are paying someone to do it for them because their reasoning is just like a day baby.

No one above is asking EFCC to charge her to court to prove her ownership just as Professor Itsa Sagay opined. You don't just maligned people because you are poor, this hatred though caused by poverty of the mind is been taken too far.

You be real dunce! Maybe a "#Wailing-dunce"! shocked grin

Honestly, you are too naive to know how intelligence/interrogation works.

Let me just remind you that the US Dept of Justice just convicted and fined Dutsche Bank the sum of $17 Billion for offences committed mostly leading to the collapse of 2007/2008. That is how long it takes at times, to "charge and convict" in Financial crimes where crooks are adept at hiding the evidence (I know they set fire to it in Nigeria.... l just hope Skye Bank HQ does not catch fire very soon grin grin ).

The EFCC would never rush to arrange Shepopotamus in court without[b] first ensuring the case is water-tight.[/b]
To do that, they need to FIRST "pluck" what is called the "low-hanging fruits" - The easier to convict accomplices!

EFCC also needs to "preserve evidence of crime" by freezing the bank Accounts.
When she wins the case, she would have access to "her money". Its not going to run away
grin

The summary of it is that all those with whom she committed the financial crimes will be FIRST "SOFTENED", (convicted but with sentences "suspended"wink... and then used as state witness against her.

The daft thief has forgotten that there are Paper-trails of spending from the account, CCTV captures of payments/withdrawals abroad using the 4-Platinum cards, CAC Company registration certs, Bank staffs (in serious gbegen!) - all waiting to speak/witness against her!

She cant rail-road the Agency into charging her to court when the case is not tight enough - Judge will simply throw it out for lack of "tight, incontrovertible evidence".

If she is in a hurry, she can '"deliver" her PROOF of LEGITIMATE OWNERSHIP of the funds (showing what work she did and how she earned over $20 Million Dollars, how much she has in her account before her husband became President, whether the money was declared, whether tax was paid on it, e.t.c) grin grin undecided

The Greed and foolishness of this Patience is legendary and l have a feeling she would be the first "wife of an Ex-President" that goes to jail for this sort of criminality.

To be rich is not to loot the Nations treasury, that is criminality!
Or is she richer than Aliko Dangotte?, who we can all see what he manufactures, produce and sell, to earn his Billions.

Lastpage!

10 Likes

Re: EFCC Wants To Take My Hard-Earned Money – Patience Jonathan by Nobody: 8:34am On Sep 17, 2016
Take the money post haste and without due process and

1) use part to settle the IDP

2) modernise as many public elementary schools in each state and write donated by patience.

General Buhari, I have waited staunchly enough Sir. Please unleash that if which I know you have.

Light some gademn fires Sir.
Re: EFCC Wants To Take My Hard-Earned Money – Patience Jonathan by Chigold101(m): 8:34am On Sep 17, 2016
Meeloreh:
"Hard earned"? Like she was hawking or hustling? Vomit ur portion jare
why is EFCC afraid of inviting her for questioning?

If EFCC or anybody thinks she is guilty, they should arrest her then purnish her for her wrong doings.

EFCC has met their march
Re: EFCC Wants To Take My Hard-Earned Money – Patience Jonathan by zikter(m): 8:35am On Sep 17, 2016
nototribalist:
no PDP was too busy fighting to make Nigeria the best economy in Africa instead of chasing people around. But since Buhari have chosen to pause the economy to fight his political enemies with dss and efcc. We will help him go down
really? good luck to your mission then.
Re: EFCC Wants To Take My Hard-Earned Money – Patience Jonathan by goldedprince: 8:38am On Sep 17, 2016
Why disturb her. Obj, babangida, and all others steal, no case. Now niger deltan take small and everybody the open smellinh mouth.
Re: EFCC Wants To Take My Hard-Earned Money – Patience Jonathan by lastpage: 8:38am On Sep 17, 2016
nototribalist:

Sharrap dia joor!

Only criminals like you are going down, in the new Nigeria we are looking forward to.
Just look up and down your streets and see how many new houses are springing up. undecided undecided

No more Dollars to import fake products and all of you are crying.
Those doing legitimate business are making legitimate money right now.... and people like you are #Wailing and going down.

Sorry, its no longer business as usual.
Go Down, Nigeria nor send you. tongue tongue

Lastpage!

6 Likes

Re: EFCC Wants To Take My Hard-Earned Money – Patience Jonathan by Neddstark: 8:38am On Sep 17, 2016
dimieprincess:

For defending corrupt people like this, you deserve the worst from this country. An absolute cretin

4 Likes

Re: EFCC Wants To Take My Hard-Earned Money – Patience Jonathan by Nobody: 8:39am On Sep 17, 2016
Looks like Buhari and his crew really want to promote more disintegration of the nation. Now, you never see enough oil to service the country and you are clearly charting on territories that will finally nail the coffin.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Wants To Take My Hard-Earned Money – Patience Jonathan by biggz82: 8:39am On Sep 17, 2016
I hear u Mrs "Hard Earned" money
Re: EFCC Wants To Take My Hard-Earned Money – Patience Jonathan by ll24: 8:39am On Sep 17, 2016
Pej, i so much sorry for u youth and jobs seekers supporting her. Looters? I pity ur future u supporters embarassed
Re: EFCC Wants To Take My Hard-Earned Money – Patience Jonathan by Bablo08(m): 8:40am On Sep 17, 2016
Boleyndynasty2:
Lols cheesy this woman is funny. Nobi small hard earned money, very soon it will be soft earned money .But seriously she should be charged to court and investigated probably b4 media trial starts. We don't need step by step update, we just need a proper trial and when she's found guilty then the media can carry it.
remember say immunity dey her body o and moreover that is the agreement between PMB and GEJ don't u realize that all dis jonathan dis jonathan that he did nt mince a word neither did our president directly castigate him (jonatha) just 4get it she's nt going to court nd she'll vomit what is nt hers'
Re: EFCC Wants To Take My Hard-Earned Money – Patience Jonathan by masseratti: 8:44am On Sep 17, 2016
Hiploko:
afonja. Take her to court. Thay have the powers to pronounce her guilty. It is a pity people still believe the media gra gra of this government. Metuh $400million, Dasuki $2.1 zillion trillion, Fani Kayode $800 dillion now PEJ $300 milliom zillion. Who has been convicted?
afonja is a beautiful Yoruba name its no where derogatory, if you guys implied that a are on a kankanfo Afonja was a coward and weak then you know nothing about history if Julius ceaser can be betrayed by brutus what's the difference that and afonja and alimi?

1 Like

Re: EFCC Wants To Take My Hard-Earned Money – Patience Jonathan by caesaraba(m): 8:45am On Sep 17, 2016
Hiploko:
afonja. Take her to court. Thay have the powers to pronounce her guilty. It is a pity people still believe the media gra gra of this government. Metuh $400million, Dasuki $2.1 zillion trillion, Fani Kayode $800 dillion now PEJ $300 milliom zillion. Who has been convicted?

Take her to court? For accounts that are not in her name? SMH. They just wasted money doing child dedication for you.

7 Likes

Re: EFCC Wants To Take My Hard-Earned Money – Patience Jonathan by zikter(m): 8:45am On Sep 17, 2016
dimieprincess:

Have you heard of the word "entrust"
calm down. are you not aware that she is in court to lay claim to the money? efcc made investigations base on evidence they gathered which did not implicate her. she is the one one claiming it so allow her to prove ownership. to me all these press releases on a matter before the court is not sensible.
Re: EFCC Wants To Take My Hard-Earned Money – Patience Jonathan by Nobody: 8:48am On Sep 17, 2016
HtwoOw:
It was so hard to bed talk Jonathan into giving you $35M?

What a wuss

1 Like

Re: EFCC Wants To Take My Hard-Earned Money – Patience Jonathan by Nobody: 8:48am On Sep 17, 2016
1stCitizen:
This is Patience.
Patience is a woman.
Patience works very hard.
Patience is a thief.
Do not be like Patience

Poetic, I like it. grin
Re: EFCC Wants To Take My Hard-Earned Money – Patience Jonathan by Nobody: 8:53am On Sep 17, 2016
GEJ's official salary (the one he is supposed to be paid constitutionally as President of the Federation) for 6 years combined isn't up to that. . .
Re: EFCC Wants To Take My Hard-Earned Money – Patience Jonathan by femi4: 8:56am On Sep 17, 2016
Boleyndynasty2:
Lols cheesy this woman is funny. Nobi small hard earned money, very soon it will be soft earned money .But seriously she should be charged to court and investigated probably b4 media trial starts. We don't need step by step update, we just need a proper trial and when she's found guilty then the media can carry it.
even armed robbers self work hard
Re: EFCC Wants To Take My Hard-Earned Money – Patience Jonathan by dannybeau(f): 8:57am On Sep 17, 2016
Chai!! Hard earned money Aunty Jona,Daris GOD OO!!!All dese lies u r sharin wiv us!!! Daris GOD OO!!!!
Re: EFCC Wants To Take My Hard-Earned Money – Patience Jonathan by dimieprincess(f): 8:58am On Sep 17, 2016
greenpasture:

Under the seizure clause in the EFCC Act the EFCC can seize assets that it considers to be fruits of crime. They have taken the people in whose names the accounts were registered to court and collected guilty pleas. Patience is not a party to the suit because NONE of the accounts were in her name. Control of an account through a visa card is not the same as ownership. EFCC has no business with her. If she claims that the money is hers she must show proof of ownership; including how it was earned.

You hold forth against other commentators but have yourself failed to understand the facts of the case or the issues arising.

The burden is on Patience to show that she is the legitimate owner of the funds including providing evidence for the source of funds and taxes paid against such income. No one needs to take her to court It's a simple and clear matter. She should present her documents. Simple.
Please have you read Patience Jonathan claim against Efcc that she is sole signatory to the accounts? I believe her own sincere of the story because truth is alien to EFCC under Buhari.
Re: EFCC Wants To Take My Hard-Earned Money – Patience Jonathan by DrClay(m): 8:58am On Sep 17, 2016
Egbami oo!!
$31.4M for medical bills...
Are u the compendium of sicknesses ni.....
Comedienne of the federal Republic of Nigeria...

1 Like

Re: EFCC Wants To Take My Hard-Earned Money – Patience Jonathan by bakynes(m): 8:59am On Sep 17, 2016
I think this case should be fairly simple for the EFCC. She is not the one they charged to court and it's also not her account they froze since she didn't open it with her name and informations. That money is as good as coming back to the FGN. Once you put money into someone else's account then you are the mercy of that person to get that money so it's basically not her money.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Wike Places N200 Million Bounty On Perpetrators Of New Year Day Killing / David Ndudim Appointed Judge In California (Photo) / President Jonathan Campaigns In Kwara (pictures)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.