Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,208 members, 7,829,323 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:19 AM

EFCC Wants To Take My Hard-Earned Money – Patience Jonathan - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / EFCC Wants To Take My Hard-Earned Money – Patience Jonathan (35492 Views)

$15m Saga: ‘EFCC Is Trying To Claim My Hard Earned Money’ – Patience Jonathan / EFCC Wants To Steal My Money –patience Jonathan / Fani-kayode: EFCC Wants Me To Refund N840m Without Trial (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: EFCC Wants To Take My Hard-Earned Money – Patience Jonathan by Rolings: 8:59am On Sep 17, 2016
Hiploko:
afonja. Take her to court. Thay have the powers to pronounce her guilty. It is a pity people still believe the media gra gra of this government. Metuh $400million, Dasuki $2.1 zillion trillion, Fani Kayode $800 dillion now PEJ $300 milliom zillion. Who has been convicted?

Nobody has accused PEJ but companies she has links and its these companies that have been accused so she cant be taken to court. We all know how you all will wail yourselves dry if she were arrested .....you will shout persecution .
She has taken EFCC to court so let her prove her case in court.
All the people mentioned have had their day in court so what else do you want , are you not aware that there has to be trial before anyone is convicted?

1 Like

Re: EFCC Wants To Take My Hard-Earned Money – Patience Jonathan by Anabel(f): 9:01am On Sep 17, 2016
Why is she not being convicted? I understand Fayose cannot be convicted at the moment but what of Dansuki and Metuh. I'm just hearing all these money and I'm not hearing someone being sent to jail.

Mama Patience! You hard earned money for health issues? What are you treating? How hard did you work to earn it? Why are all these money in Dollars and not naira? And some people are blaming the current President for recession. This country has been recessed before the handover. Is everyone forgetting the CNN headline 3 days before handover. I'm not trying to blame past President, becos he's not aware of most things that was happening. My point is, I want someone to pay for all this. I want to see someone being convicted and sent to kirikiri or else, this madness will never stop.

Hard earned money my feet!! undecided

3 Likes

Re: EFCC Wants To Take My Hard-Earned Money – Patience Jonathan by lastpage: 9:01am On Sep 17, 2016
Lucasbalo:
When are the masses going to rise up against all this worthless politicians and their proxies stealing the Commonwealth blind. This should be beyond tribes, ethnicity or political parties. The future of the country is very bleak if this corruption is not stemmed. Nigeria and Nigerians deserve better than this in a country where an average citizen earns less than $2 a day. Where States are owning salaries to their employees. The future of Nigeria is being mortgaged by this subhuman mongrels calling themselves leaders.

You know, The President made 'small talk' about regretting becoming President at this very time, had he known the economy has been destroyed this much and the country rendered comatose.... amongst his inner circle.

My pain for the man is that "Nigerians always resort to him, when the economy is already destroyed".
In 1983, the ruling NPN destroyed Nigeria;s economy so much so that Buhari and some patriotic officers like Idiagbon, too over and decided to rescue the Nation from an impending doom.
We did not invite him but l saw with my own eyes how Nigerians REJOICED at his coming to power.
He set to put things aright and instil DISCIPLINE, MORAL VALUES AND PROBITY AMONG NIGERIANS.

But Evil forces (just as we have now) fought back and over-threw his Govt.
Ofcourse, Nigerians suffered for it for a very long time.
Nigeria would have been a very great nation by now, if not for that "arrested development'. IBB will forever remain cursed, for that reason.

Fast forward to 2015 again!
History is repeating itself!
Nigerians always "welcome" Buhari when the Nation is at the brink of collapse!

The enemies of progress are at it again.
This time around, there wont be any Coup d'tat (Buhari is wiser now and you can see how he "takes care" of the Military undecided )

The problem (enemies of Nigerians) are the group of people who support criminality, [size=14pt] all in the name of "Tribe and Party" affiliation. [/size]
Even the poverty-stricken ones are supporting them, when they themselves are VICTIMS of the actions of the said criminals! shocked shocked

Just like the likes of IBB, Umaru Dikko, Nzeribe, Ubah Ahmed, e.t.c did not care about Nigeria back then, these people want to destroy Nigeria again!

Should we allow them to "arrest Nigeria's development",..... once again? angry angry

NO, NEVER AGAIN.

Things are not rosy, just as it was not rosy back then when Buhari was trying to put things right (remember the "discipline" at the Bus queue, not pooing and weeing all over public spaces, e.t.c) but we will support this President, to put things right once again.

Lastpage!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Wants To Take My Hard-Earned Money – Patience Jonathan by Nobody: 9:01am On Sep 17, 2016
zikter:
I just wonder why PDP did not jail him when they had opportunity. may be he is not corrupt after all or gej was a coward not to nail him.
People will say GEJ was killing his opposition if he had jail tinubu
Re: EFCC Wants To Take My Hard-Earned Money – Patience Jonathan by tinsel: 9:04am On Sep 17, 2016
dimieprincess:
I now believe that 90% of zombies are stark illiterates. I am usually taken aback on how they write, may be they are paying someone to do it for them because their reasoning is just like a day baby.

No one above is asking EFCC to charge her to court to prove her ownership just as Professor Itsa Sagay opined. You don't just maligned people because you are poor, this hatred though caused by poverty of the mind is been taken too far.
You just messed up yourself.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Wants To Take My Hard-Earned Money – Patience Jonathan by lastpage: 9:04am On Sep 17, 2016
Zceesneh:

GEJ is a coward and a thief!
He just does not have the liver!

A "Commander-in-Chief" does the right things, not act based on what "people will think".
Buhari is doing the right things, People (#Wailers) are abusing him but he continues to do the right thing.
That is a real LEADER, not that drunken kleptomaniac called GEJ.

Lastpage!

4 Likes

Re: EFCC Wants To Take My Hard-Earned Money – Patience Jonathan by emmayayodeji(m): 9:05am On Sep 17, 2016
Lol modaran. Which hard work can this woman do?
To deliver speech sef Na problem
Hard work my a**
Re: EFCC Wants To Take My Hard-Earned Money – Patience Jonathan by Rolings: 9:09am On Sep 17, 2016
dimieprincess:

I gave up, seeing you posting a twit from a man who supported Yinusa for abducting Ese, a girl from his Senatorial district because of party and loyalty to the north tells it all.

I thought Ese is from Bayelsa while Keyamo is from delta .
It baffles me when pdp supporters accuse anyone of obeying the north or is a puppet to the north because PDP IS A NORTHERN PARTY, ALL PDP MEMBERS ARE HAUSA/FULANI SLAVES
Re: EFCC Wants To Take My Hard-Earned Money – Patience Jonathan by umbo: 9:09am On Sep 17, 2016
patient jona is d richest illiterate in nigeria

1 Like

Re: EFCC Wants To Take My Hard-Earned Money – Patience Jonathan by Nobody: 9:10am On Sep 17, 2016
lastpage:

GEJ is a coward and a thief!
He just does not have the liver!

A "Commander-in-Chief" does the right things, not act based on what "people will think".
Buhari is doing the right things, People (#Wailers) are abusing him but he continues to do the right thing.
That is a real LEADER, not that drunken kleptomaniac called GEJ.

Lastpage!
buh we the south east hate him so much
Re: EFCC Wants To Take My Hard-Earned Money – Patience Jonathan by Ranchhoddas: 9:12am On Sep 17, 2016
dimieprincess:
I now believe that 90% of zombies are stark illiterates. I am usually taken aback on how they write, may be they are paying someone to do it for them because their reasoning is just like a day baby.

No one above is asking EFCC to charge her to court to prove her ownership just as Professor Itsa Sagay opined. You don't just maligned people because you are poor, this hatred though caused by poverty of the mind is been taken too far.
Gerrrarraaahiaaa!!!
Re: EFCC Wants To Take My Hard-Earned Money – Patience Jonathan by zikter(m): 9:13am On Sep 17, 2016
Zceesneh:
then that is the height of naivety in leadership. how can you assume what people will say to make wrong decisions? that is cowardice.

4 Likes

Re: EFCC Wants To Take My Hard-Earned Money – Patience Jonathan by Rolings: 9:13am On Sep 17, 2016
Candyrain:

Isn't it funny dat the same hypocritical u who defended Buratai and Dambazzau is here calling for the confiscation of PEJ's money without charging her to court to prove her innocence from the allegation? Zombism is damn real

Use your brains sometimes now
PEJ is not accused but companies with links to her and those companies have been arraigned why then should PEJ be taken to court? She has accused EFCC so it's PEJ that should take EFCC to court .

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Wants To Take My Hard-Earned Money – Patience Jonathan by zikter(m): 9:18am On Sep 17, 2016
Anabel:
Why is she not being convicted? I understand Fayose cannot be convicted at the moment but what of Dansuki and Metuh. I'm just hearing all these money and I'm not hearing someone being sent to jail.

Mama Patience! You hard earned money for health issues? What are you treating? How hard did you work to earn it? Why are all these money in Dollars and not naira? And some people are blaming the current President for recession. This country has been recessed before the handover. Is everyone forgetting the CNN headline 3 days before handover. I'm not trying to blame past President, becos he's not aware of most things that was happening. My point is, I want someone to pay for all this. I want to see someone being convicted and sent to kirikiri or else, this madness will never stop.

Hard earned money my feet!! undecided
the thing is govt has encouraged plea bargains so much. I don't know how this Will help in the fight against corruption.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Wants To Take My Hard-Earned Money – Patience Jonathan by IYANGBALI: 9:19am On Sep 17, 2016
What hard earned money?ole. No wonder she no wan comot for villa. God punish all of una wey make life difficult for us in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: EFCC Wants To Take My Hard-Earned Money – Patience Jonathan by IYANGBALI: 9:21am On Sep 17, 2016
Zceesneh:
who cares?are you guys from Nigeria?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Wants To Take My Hard-Earned Money – Patience Jonathan by seguno2: 9:28am On Sep 17, 2016
I hope that she has TAX returns of the earned and declared income.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: EFCC Wants To Take My Hard-Earned Money – Patience Jonathan by seguno2: 9:29am On Sep 17, 2016
umbo:
patient jona is d richest illiterate in nigeria

After Buhari, you mean?

1 Like 3 Shares

Re: EFCC Wants To Take My Hard-Earned Money – Patience Jonathan by Sheggy13(m): 9:29am On Sep 17, 2016
dimieprincess:

You think writing long sentences so your fellow defenders of corrupt acts can give you numerous likes makes you intelligent? How can EFCC charge a person to court whose name doesn't appear as a director to the company whose accounts are investigated. These directors have proven guilty and that's all that matters to EFCC. The onus is on her to charge EFCC to court since she's laying claim to money in accounts not opened in her name or organization.
This Patience case shows everything that is wrong with this country, for someone to be so bold to own up to money laundering and still issuing threats in the process because she was a first lady and some hungry dimwits would be on standby online to help fight for her.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Wants To Take My Hard-Earned Money – Patience Jonathan by Babysho(m): 9:32am On Sep 17, 2016
dimieprincess:

1 Like

Re: EFCC Wants To Take My Hard-Earned Money – Patience Jonathan by Reference(m): 9:33am On Sep 17, 2016
angry Hard earned money. This woman is an unrepentant, hardened criminal. I just don't understand how a human being can be so callous. I want to know what immunity this woman has that prevents her arrest and prosecution. This nonsense must stop. The money should be returned to the treasury immediately.
Re: EFCC Wants To Take My Hard-Earned Money – Patience Jonathan by emorse(m): 9:35am On Sep 17, 2016
dimieprincess:

The bolded is obviously the right thing to do. But this is mama peace we're talking about here. "Ordinary" Tompolo was invited the other day and the Niger-Delta started heating up. There's no way the relative calm we have now would have been maintained if the EFCC had invited her.

Remember, they were doing their investigations " jeje" when she came out to claim the said money. Go through the comments on the first page. You'll see people are already naming the Tinubus and co in defence of this woman.

The good thing though is that she is the one calling to be charged to court herself. I hope my people will remember this if she is eventually found guilty.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Wants To Take My Hard-Earned Money – Patience Jonathan by lastpage: 9:40am On Sep 17, 2016
zikter:
the thing is govt has encouraged plea bargains so much. I don't know how this Will help in the fight against corruptio[/b]n.

Let me help:

You see, [b]this is a DEMOCRACY
, good form of governance but a very flawed one, when you are dealing with "hard core" criminals.
We also have a Judiciary that have been heavily compromised (Do you remember the story of that Electoral tribunal Judge negotiating how much he will collect and his phone records were retrieved?).

In democracy, you have to follow certain guidelines, like "Rule of Law", which if not followed, will give your enemies the "ammunition" to file impeachment proceedings against you... and they will be successful (Remember, majority in a criminal enterprise, dont like a honest Govt).

Left to Buhari alone, he will just throw this people in jail and throw-away the keys (Just revisit 1983 and see as some collect 300yrs imprisonment grin grin ).
But he cant do that in a democracy. he has to charge them to court and then RELY ON THE JUDICIARY to do what is right.

Separation of Powers means that the president (Executive) cant interfere in what the Courts (Judiciary) are doing, even as the National Assembly (Legislature) are making laws to weaken the Anti-Corruption agencies.

To "protect the innocent", laws are made such that you need to prove GUILT "beyond reasonable doubt".
These Criminals have looted enough money to hire Senior Lawyers (Some Judges are even students of some of these Lawyers!) who will keep taking advantage of the "loop-holes" in the law, to frustrate the case and prolong it endlessly (Why do you think Saraki hired over 90 different Senior Advocates ?).

Dont also forget that the Nigerian constitution as presently constituted, was "designed and written by THIEVES".
They put-in enough clauses to give themselves room to wriggle out of any corruption charge.

This is the work of our military authorities, Babangida, Abdusallami and Co.

so, EFCC and the President has all these problem to contend with and it has two choices:
1.) To fight the case in court, till its natural conclusion, knowing that people like Saraki will frustrate the case endlessly using their legal team (some may out-live his administration sef)
. Just look at patience and her effrontery to even come out and sue EFCC!

2.) To cut its loses, do a plea-bargain so that it can collect "some" of the looted funds back and use it for governance.

It will ask: Do we need the money more or the jailing of the criminal?

This is the enormity of the problem, when you have to deal with 'advanced and very rich criminals".

It is so difficult, in a Democracy, except the Legislature (of Saraki! shocked ) are ready to give the President "special powers" which it can bestow on the agencies.

In Europe and US, if yo cant explain the source of your Money/Wealth, you simply forfeit it to Govt (quietly) or go to jail if you make noise because, if they dont catch you anywhere, Revenue (Tax people) will surely jail you for not paying tax on it

Lastpage!

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Wants To Take My Hard-Earned Money – Patience Jonathan by emorse(m): 9:42am On Sep 17, 2016
Zceesneh:
You hate him probably because the people around you say they hate him. But if you take your time, get as much information as possible and think independently, you'd discover that though he has his lapses, he is not a quarter as bad as you have been made to believe.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Wants To Take My Hard-Earned Money – Patience Jonathan by jacksol(m): 9:53am On Sep 17, 2016
Hiploko:
afonja. Take her to court. Thay have the powers to pronounce her guilty. It is a pity people still believe the media gra gra of this government. Metuh $400million, Dasuki $2.1 zillion trillion, Fani Kayode $800 dillion now PEJ $300 milliom zillion. Who has been convicted?

Who has been convicted?
You, obviously.

Aren't you living in mental and moral bandage?

1 Like

Re: EFCC Wants To Take My Hard-Earned Money – Patience Jonathan by ocelot2006(m): 9:55am On Sep 17, 2016
L
vedaxcool:

They say shamelessness is the child of near absence of sense and dignity in a person

Care to back up Keyamo's claim that the money found in those companies were either stolen or gained illegally?

That you're poor doesn't give you the right to accuse anyone of theft or money laundering without proof. Let the EFCC provide the necessary proof and let both parties have their day in court. Simple.
Re: EFCC Wants To Take My Hard-Earned Money – Patience Jonathan by Nobody: 10:00am On Sep 17, 2016
dimieprincess:

Please have you read Patience Jonathan claim against Efcc that she is sole signatory to the accounts? I believe her own sincere of the story because truth is alien to EFCC under Buhari.

She needs to convince the court that although she did not sign the account opening form and is not a signatory ( she only has a visa card to make withdrawals) she owns the account. That's her responsibility not the EFCC.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Wants To Take My Hard-Earned Money – Patience Jonathan by popcykaylah(m): 10:04am On Sep 17, 2016
Funny how Nigerians support corrupt politcians and criminals all in the name of sentiments..we all know the money was made through fraud..yet we put in a blind eye..if efcc doesn't charge her to court then she should charge efcc to court.
Re: EFCC Wants To Take My Hard-Earned Money – Patience Jonathan by shamecurls(m): 10:05am On Sep 17, 2016
[s]
dimieprincess:

[/s]
Re: EFCC Wants To Take My Hard-Earned Money – Patience Jonathan by kennycalls(m): 10:10am On Sep 17, 2016
imagine this domestic appendage is Richer than Obama

1 Like

Re: EFCC Wants To Take My Hard-Earned Money – Patience Jonathan by deefem81: 10:16am On Sep 17, 2016
ur father........ grin
Re: EFCC Wants To Take My Hard-Earned Money – Patience Jonathan by timeup: 10:28am On Sep 17, 2016
this queen of vampires(pdp) want to collect back the money she and king suck from our treasury and some online(pdp) brain dead vampire supporters are supporting her,next is the king of vampires that sucks our economy dry that leads us into this recession.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Ize-Iyamu Casts His Vote In Ongoing Edo APC Primaries (Pictures) / Suspend Plan To Recruit 774,000 Nigerians, NASS Tells Buhari / Yahaya Bello Ignores Adamu Adamu During The Primaries (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.