Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,161 members, 7,815,057 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 06:19 AM

UPDATED!!No Job?Depressed?Feeling Suicidal?Share Your Story&Connect to Jobs - Jobs/Vacancies (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / UPDATED!!No Job?Depressed?Feeling Suicidal?Share Your Story&Connect to Jobs (26658 Views)

He Spent Over N6m For Masters In U.K But Regretting It Because No Job Yet / When There's No Job And You Are Ready To Accept Any Salary / Updated-New Job Vacancies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: UPDATED!!No Job?Depressed?Feeling Suicidal?Share Your Story&Connect to Jobs by Samtobh(m): 4:27pm On Nov 14, 2016
Annie2059:
please house, I also need a job desperately, graduated since 2013 and I have Been applying online but nothing yet, I really need to get something doing o... the frustration is much, I reside in ph, B.sc in Mass comm.

your mail pls
Re: UPDATED!!No Job?Depressed?Feeling Suicidal?Share Your Story&Connect to Jobs by Kunglaw619: 4:56pm On Nov 14, 2016
Hello friends Good morning, am Kingsley based in Abuja, a graduate of Industrial Chemistry with two years experience in theoretical agro commodity export trade. Also have proficient knowledge of some computer applications. I will be glad if I can be helped with a job. I am willing to relocate to anywhere around the southern part of Nigeria, West and east all inclusive. Please whatsapp/call me on 08133747993 or email me at edehkingsley15@yahoo.com. God bless as I anticipate a favourable response.
Re: UPDATED!!No Job?Depressed?Feeling Suicidal?Share Your Story&Connect to Jobs by Generaloluseye: 5:38pm On Nov 14, 2016
Sessy002@yahoo.com
Samtobh:
@Everyone,

just drop your email here and I'll contact you.

Over 140 people now on the database receiving real-time updates on job openings, interview coaching, etc.
Re: UPDATED!!No Job?Depressed?Feeling Suicidal?Share Your Story&Connect to Jobs by activelyA(f): 5:55pm On Nov 14, 2016
Finished youth service this year and been applying even before I passed out
Till now nothing m
It isnt as easy
Going for interviews and being asked favours you cannot give
Or struggling to avoid depression from setting in
Or like now, being so broke, hungry that you can't afford transportation to the bank even if God drops money from heaven into your bank account

But in all,* . All we clinche on to is HOPE.
Believing its just a matter of God's Time

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UPDATED!!No Job?Depressed?Feeling Suicidal?Share Your Story&Connect to Jobs by hemartins(m): 6:20pm On Nov 14, 2016
When I read other people's story, I thank God for myself.
I have always have big dreams before graduation. I still nurture those dreams because I know one day, it will be fulfilled.

After NYSC, I have tried to engage myself in voluntary organizations. It's better I am useful and making people happy than wallowing on the thoughts of joblessness.

I believe it would just take a single day and all my prayers would be answered. So I can continue giving values to others.
My name is Emmanuel Martins and I Stay in Lagos.
I love to make positive impact wherever I find myself.
I love making people happy.
A graduate of Industrial Mathematics from the University Of Benin and certification in Customer Relationship Management.
I'm ready to relocate to any part of Nigeria.
You can reach me on
Emmanuelmartins609@gmail.com.
God Bless You.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UPDATED!!No Job?Depressed?Feeling Suicidal?Share Your Story&Connect to Jobs by meilleur: 7:40pm On Nov 14, 2016
Re: UPDATED!!No Job?Depressed?Feeling Suicidal?Share Your Story&Connect to Jobs by gbeseun(m): 10:54am On Nov 15, 2016
Feeling sad and about to die soon, am 36 yrs and was retrenched in my company some months ago,since then I have been looking for job upandan no show,married with two kids and wife started showing attitude NCOs she is the only one working with little salary,an nd elect/elect with up 9 urs experience in packaging I dustries.am in for any job pls help if u can before my spouse boss started fucking my wife just because I no get mouth for house again.
Re: UPDATED!!No Job?Depressed?Feeling Suicidal?Share Your Story&Connect to Jobs by Heineken(m): 11:45am On Nov 15, 2016
I need you all to just pray for me.... Am always thinking of suicide these days. So broke.... After nysc na still house...I Don try my best. That same trouser and a dead shoe. I need prayers Nairalanders.. Just pray specially for me when you get to read this.
Re: UPDATED!!No Job?Depressed?Feeling Suicidal?Share Your Story&Connect to Jobs by talk2dre(m): 7:16am On Nov 16, 2016
Samtobh:
@Everyone,

Over 140 people now on the database receiving real-time updates on job openings, interview coaching, etc.
Re: UPDATED!!No Job?Depressed?Feeling Suicidal?Share Your Story&Connect to Jobs by Nobody: 7:41am On Nov 16, 2016
innoejike@gmail.com
Re: UPDATED!!No Job?Depressed?Feeling Suicidal?Share Your Story&Connect to Jobs by Ileriahur(m): 8:37am On Nov 16, 2016
I need nairalanders to remember me in prayers, I will 32years this coming January by God grace. Finished NYSC 2012 and still unemployed till now, I studied Psychology and I have been applying since but no job, Nigerian army(3times) Nigerian airforce(2times) I didn't even past the test stage, I got to the interview stage for an admin post in pharmaceutical council on Nigeria but was screened out on politics in 2013, I applied on Nairaland in 2014 as executive assistant and got a test invite from a recruitment firm in 2015, in late 2016 I got an invite for interview from CBN and started thanking God that at last my God has opened my casefile but unfortunately am still waiting for there call. This year I have taken up volunteering jobs in NGOs but presently am unemployed. My cousin am staying with here in Abuja is already giving me serious attitude, I have been living on my girlfriend and its telling on her. Pls I need help, help a brother. I reside in Abuja and my mail is goodtmike@gmail.com
Re: UPDATED!!No Job?Depressed?Feeling Suicidal?Share Your Story&Connect to Jobs by Samtobh(m): 1:40pm On Nov 16, 2016
When we are looking for a new opportunity in our career, we tend to focus on the strict deadlines on what each job description requires in order to be eligible to apply. Now while that is very important, do not sell yourself short by not validating your transferable skills.
What are your transferable skills?
These are skills that a variable and not specific to a sector or type of job. These are skills that can be applied to across the board and should not be ignored because they are additional attributes that are an asset to both your professional and personal development, as well as the organisation that is blessed to have you utilise them to meet their corporate objectives.
Skills such as Leadership,Time Management, Prioritisation, Delegation, Listening, Communication and Analytical skills are all valuable in the workplace and shouldn't be downplayed on your CV.
In this very competitive market where there more professionals looking for the next step in their career than the opportunities that are available to them, one needs to differentiate themselves to be the more preferred hire. By including your transferable skills in your CV, your prospective employer can see your versatility and can also make a constructive judgment about how well you will fit into their team and the value to add to their organisation.
Transferable skills are learnt along the way, either in previous employment, voluntary work or natural attributes that people are born with. For example when someone is referred to as a "born-leader" this generally means that this natural attribute has been capitalised on to become an asset.
To convey your skills successfully in your CV you can include them in the following places:
Cover Letter: As you are summarising your experience, you can mention your transferable skills and how it has enabled you to be successful thus far
Summary: At the beginning of your CV, where you are summarising your experience you can bullet point your skills and how it can be of value to your prospective employer
Job Responsibilities: As you list your experiences include your attributes or your transferable skills that enabled you do that task successfully for example
"I am in charge of the payroll for the regional office, this task requires careful attention to detail as well as excellent prioritisation skills to enable that accurate figures were produced within the designated time frame"
If you are unsure of what your key attributes or transferable skills are, ask a friend, family member or colleague. It is always best to receive constructive criticism for those you engage with on a regular basis, they will be able to give you their candid experience which you will be able to ponder on and evaluate.
What you may find from this exercise is that your weaknesses may also be identified which is alright, because we all have weaknesses. We all have areas that we are don't excel in but that as well can be used to our advantage if applied correctly. For example
"I'm a perfectionist, so I always spend time on tasks to ensure they are done perfectly and as a result, some tasks do not get done and my workload increases. However I have learned the art of time management and prioritisation which means I prioritise my workload in accordance with their deadlines and ensure they are all given the necessary attention they need."
So revisit your CV and ask yourself "Are my transferable skills really conveying my true abilities?" and if not work to to demonstrate how much of an asset you can be to any organisation.

2 Likes

Re: UPDATED!!No Job?Depressed?Feeling Suicidal?Share Your Story&Connect to Jobs by Samtobh(m): 1:41pm On Nov 16, 2016
Oftentimes, heaviness starts out as a little care or concern. What begins as a small burden grows and grows. Then, you start taking on responsibilities that aren't yours. You start thinking that you have to keep everyone around you happy, or you start worrying about things in the future. All of this piled on becomes very heavy on your heart and mind.

The Bible says that heaviness is actually a spirit. The goal of heaviness is to distract you and get you off track. Heaviness tries to keep your head down so that you can't even look up to the heavens—the place from where your help comes.

Heaviness tries to wear you out and take the place of God's spirit, but do you know what chases that spirit of heaviness away? Praise and thanksgiving. Scripture says that God inhabits the praises of His people.

He literally comes into our praise and works! When you start praising, God shows up in your midst and every negative spirit has to flee!

*If you have heaviness on you today, if you feel trapped, overwhelmed, discouraged, frustrated or anxious, there is only one thing you need to do, and that is to open your mouth and praise Almighty God! Even if it's difficult, even if you don't feel like it, just open your mouth and begin to declare His goodness.*

Sometimes we have to stir ourselves up in the things of God. Sometimes we have to get our flesh to obey the Word of God so we can see the breakthrough in the supernatural realm.

Today, put on the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness (Isaiah 61:3). Set your heart and mind on the Father. Instead of focusing on your problems, focus on your God.

*Don't let worry get you stuck, but let praise get you through! Enter His gates with thanksgiving, shake off heaviness and embrace the peace, joy and victory God has prepared for you!*

6 Likes

Re: UPDATED!!No Job?Depressed?Feeling Suicidal?Share Your Story&Connect to Jobs by Mznaett: 2:18pm On Nov 16, 2016
Samtobh:
@Everyone,

Re: UPDATED!!No Job?Depressed?Feeling Suicidal?Share Your Story&Connect to Jobs by magnificient7: 3:33pm On Nov 16, 2016
magnificient4ever@gmail.com
Re: UPDATED!!No Job?Depressed?Feeling Suicidal?Share Your Story&Connect to Jobs by walexyt5(m): 3:40pm On Nov 16, 2016
I sincerely need help from anybody.My name is Mudashiru Olawale, I am a graduate from University of Jos with BSc. in Economics, also a Certified Project Manager.
Honestly, the situation is not really funny for me, can't afford to even borrow #50 airtime from MTN, all i get is "Sorry, you are not eligible for this service", so sad.
But the truth about me is, am a very hardworking individual and not lazy to engage myself in tough task job, am a good data analyst. I just pray Almighty God is hearing my cry up there. I need your help great people
Re: UPDATED!!No Job?Depressed?Feeling Suicidal?Share Your Story&Connect to Jobs by walexyt5(m): 3:45pm On Nov 16, 2016
mudashiruolawalemonsuru@gmail.com
Re: UPDATED!!No Job?Depressed?Feeling Suicidal?Share Your Story&Connect to Jobs by Teemahcandy: 4:36pm On Nov 16, 2016
Pls ISeriously need a job I'm a graduate of botany with 2:2 And also a certified project manager
Allibalogunfatimah@gmail.com
Re: UPDATED!!No Job?Depressed?Feeling Suicidal?Share Your Story&Connect to Jobs by Dtymisnw: 6:57pm On Nov 16, 2016
Temdayo30@gmail.com
Re: UPDATED!!No Job?Depressed?Feeling Suicidal?Share Your Story&Connect to Jobs by ese2idisi: 7:36pm On Nov 16, 2016
Re: UPDATED!!No Job?Depressed?Feeling Suicidal?Share Your Story&Connect to Jobs by Hassy4(f): 7:51pm On Nov 16, 2016
Electrical engineering graduate from ABU ZARIA with a 2-1 class. Graduated since 2012, about 4yrs now but nothing uptill now. I hav done 3 out of 4 modules of CCNA. Am not encouraged at all as a female Engineering student, jobless till now even with my good result I so much worked hard for. I know God is still God!!!
Re: UPDATED!!No Job?Depressed?Feeling Suicidal?Share Your Story&Connect to Jobs by B3sty(m): 8:15pm On Nov 16, 2016
God is in Control.
I want to believe that before the end of this year 2016, we all shall land our dream Jobs ... (AMEN).
I'm 34yrs, from Benue State, a Graduate of Accountancy from Kaduna Polytechnic (HND UPPER CREDIT)Served in 2008, currently managing in Lagos, though my contract with our company has been terminated...planning to relocate to Abuja in JANUARY 2017. Reason been that I got married last year December (2015), my wife works there and we hardly see ourselves. I can count the number of times we've seen this year. She cannot leave her Job now because her pay is quiet higher than mine. Long story cut short. I really need a Job in Abuja/Nasarawa, I don't mind how small it is...just save a Soul.
My email is a_monday@yahoo.com.
God bless you all as I awaits to share my Testimony with you all...AMEN
Re: UPDATED!!No Job?Depressed?Feeling Suicidal?Share Your Story&Connect to Jobs by Samtobh(m): 8:34pm On Nov 16, 2016
Hassy4:
Electrical engineering graduate from ABU ZARIA with a 2-1 class. Graduated since 2012, about 4yrs now but nothing uptill now. I hav done 3 out of 4 modules of CCNA. Am not encouraged at all as a female Engineering student, jobless till now even with my good result I so much worked hard for. I know God is still God!!!
Drop your mail, I'll contact u
Re: UPDATED!!No Job?Depressed?Feeling Suicidal?Share Your Story&Connect to Jobs by Samtobh(m): 8:35pm On Nov 16, 2016
B3sty:
God is in Control.
I want to believe that before the end of this year 2016, we all shall land our dream Jobs ... (AMEN).
I'm 34yrs, from Benue State, a Graduate of Accountancy from Kaduna Polytechnic (HND UPPER CREDIT)Served in 2008, currently managing in Lagos, though my contract with our company has been terminated...planning to relocate to Abuja in JANUARY 2017. Reason been that I got married last year December (2015), my wife works there and we hardly see ourselves. I can count the number of times we've seen this year. She cannot leave her Job now because her pay is quiet higher than mine. Long story cut short. I really need a Job in Abuja/Nasarawa, I don't mind how small it is...just save a Soul.
My email is a_monday@yahoo.com.
God bless you all as I awaits to share my Testimony with you all...AMEN

God will do it Bro, keep up the faith.
Re: UPDATED!!No Job?Depressed?Feeling Suicidal?Share Your Story&Connect to Jobs by Samtobh(m): 8:36pm On Nov 16, 2016
walexyt5:
I sincerely need help from anybody.My name is Mudashiru Olawale, I am a graduate from University of Jos with BSc. in Economics, also a Certified Project Manager.
Honestly, the situation is not really funny for me, can't afford to even borrow #50 airtime from MTN, all i get is "Sorry, you are not eligible for this service", so sad.
But the truth about me is, am a very hardworking individual and not lazy to engage myself in tough task job, am a good data analyst. I just pray Almighty God is hearing my cry up there. I need your help great people

Stay Strong bro, hold on , it won't be long, things must be alright with you soon.
Re: UPDATED!!No Job?Depressed?Feeling Suicidal?Share Your Story&Connect to Jobs by Rayman5(m): 8:57pm On Nov 16, 2016
I'm a graduate of Mechanical Engr. I also believe God can use sme1 here 2 change my life......Godbless u....invaroth43@yahoo.com........08137752337.
Re: UPDATED!!No Job?Depressed?Feeling Suicidal?Share Your Story&Connect to Jobs by john410(m): 9:03pm On Nov 16, 2016
pls, help a brother.jakogwu4yugh@gmail.com
Re: UPDATED!!No Job?Depressed?Feeling Suicidal?Share Your Story&Connect to Jobs by B3sty(m): 9:06pm On Nov 16, 2016
Samtobh:

God will do it Bro, keep up the faith.
I Believe and i know that God is going to do his miracle soon...AMEN. Thanks for the Prayers.
Re: UPDATED!!No Job?Depressed?Feeling Suicidal?Share Your Story&Connect to Jobs by Samtobh(m): 9:07pm On Nov 16, 2016
B3sty:

I Believe and i know that God is going to do his miracle soon...AMEN. Thanks for the Prayers.
You're welcome bro.
Re: UPDATED!!No Job?Depressed?Feeling Suicidal?Share Your Story&Connect to Jobs by Bisited: 9:40pm On Nov 16, 2016
Hnd Urban and Regional Planning . E-mail youngplanners16@gmail
Re: UPDATED!!No Job?Depressed?Feeling Suicidal?Share Your Story&Connect to Jobs by Mznaett: 4:20am On Nov 17, 2016
Samtobh:

Stay Strong bro, hold on , it won't be long, things must be alright with you soon.

Hello sir,

Just following up to see if you got my mail..
Re: UPDATED!!No Job?Depressed?Feeling Suicidal?Share Your Story&Connect to Jobs by africanman85: 6:41am On Nov 17, 2016
Samtobh:
Oftentimes, heaviness starts out as a little care or concern. What begins as a small burden grows and grows. Then, you start taking on responsibilities that aren't yours. You start thinking that you have to keep everyone around you happy, or you start worrying about things in the future. All of this piled on becomes very heavy on your heart and mind.

The Bible says that heaviness is actually a spirit. The goal of heaviness is to distract you and get you off track. Heaviness tries to keep your head down so that you can't even look up to the heavens—the place from where your help comes.

Heaviness tries to wear you out and take the place of God's spirit, but do you know what chases that spirit of heaviness away? Praise and thanksgiving. Scripture says that God inhabits the praises of His people.

He literally comes into our praise and works! When you start praising, God shows up in your midst and every negative spirit has to flee!

*If you have heaviness on you today, if you feel trapped, overwhelmed, discouraged, frustrated or anxious, there is only one thing you need to do, and that is to open your mouth and praise Almighty God! Even if it's difficult, even if you don't feel like it, just open your mouth and begin to declare His goodness.*

Sometimes we have to stir ourselves up in the things of God. Sometimes we have to get our flesh to obey the Word of God so we can see the breakthrough in the supernatural realm.

Today, put on the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness (Isaiah 61:3). Set your heart and mind on the Father. Instead of focusing on your problems, focus on your God.

*Don't let worry get you stuck, but let praise get you through! Enter His gates with thanksgiving, shake off heaviness and embrace the peace, joy and victory God has prepared for you!*
I graduated since 2008 and did my service in 2010 though my grade is poor and don't know if somebody is following me o. Oga my email is africanman85op@gmail.com

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Batch-c1: FG Shortlists 500,000 Applicants For N-power Program / Fidelity Bank Digital Lab. Graduate Trainee 2018 Thread / Was The Interviewee's Answer Wrong? (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.