Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,263 members, 7,811,734 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:22 PM

Buhari Favoured South-East More Than North - Buba Galadima - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Favoured South-East More Than North - Buba Galadima (35295 Views)

If I'm Inec I Would Have De-registered Apc - Apc Bot Member, Engr. Buba Galadima / Buhari’s Policies Are ‘Mere Propaganda’ – Buba Galadima, APC BoT Member / Buhari May Stand Alone In 2019 ----buba Galadima (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Favoured South-East More Than North - Buba Galadima by dadabashua1(m): 10:49am On Sep 25, 2016
morbeta:
The biggest fear of the west nd north is igbo dominance. How can the people of igbo land given only 20 naira after the war now control abuja nd lagos nd dominated education for 13yrs running now both secondary nd university. They dominate in USA ND LONDON. 5 MAYOR'S IN USA.2 STAFF IN WHITE HOUSE. 4 ENGINEERS IN AEROSPACE CENTER. DEPUTY LEADER LABOUR PARTY UK 2 MAYOR'S UK.68 professor's in usa 48 in UK 148 medical doctors usa 112 uk. This is all on merit.

So we understand their fears.
how old are you pls?

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Favoured South-East More Than North - Buba Galadima by Reference(m): 10:50am On Sep 25, 2016
ificatchmodeh:

Not about tribe my friend..russian,china,ethiopia,britain,...they all have tribes..is all about we view our country..majority of us believe that tribe comes first..before the country..but in those countries...the country. comes first before tribe..
It's nationalist approach...have to understand the importance of being a nigeria and appreciating the country..
The old man spoke like a man from the north..and not like a nigerian.

And if we fail to get it right..i will guarantee you..that someday..your tribe will. Get fed up..and will walk..

That is it. Restructuring will put the country first and neutralise tribe because tribe will be put up for sacrifice as the first point of negotiations. You go in without tribe and come out with country. You restrict your inclinations to your bedroom knowing if you take them there you will fail and the system crumbles. It levels the playing field for all peoples of this country. That is restructuring. He took the lazy path by preempting regionalism. Who said that. Who asked a Lagos man to become part of Western Nigeria. What is western Nigeria. No one is asking for that. What people simply want is a REASON to be part of this club called Nigeria. And if they must can they have a copy of the club rules, study them and make an input if necessary. He is saying it is not necessary. That we should all just join and take what we see. Who does that. Who on earth joins an association he cannot influence.

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Favoured South-East More Than North - Buba Galadima by watchindelta(m): 10:52am On Sep 25, 2016
orimsamsam:
why
becuz Yorubas n northerners hat dem. even with d hatred n suppress dey are still going stronger. jst imagine make dem gv Igbo the number 10 rule to play. comot hatred u will see tins.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Favoured South-East More Than North - Buba Galadima by prigoz(m): 10:52am On Sep 25, 2016
This man must be high on oshogbo weed
Re: Buhari Favoured South-East More Than North - Buba Galadima by shabakm: 10:53am On Sep 25, 2016
flat heads which one did you want restructuring or biafra? inyara
Re: Buhari Favoured South-East More Than North - Buba Galadima by seunmsg(m): 10:54am On Sep 25, 2016
Reference:

Restructuring simply means an evaluation of the present system with the aim of taking it apart and rebuilding it to work to the satisfaction of all its constituents. When an engine knocks, you take it apart, chznge the parts that have failed and the parts that have led to the failure and rebuild the engine with the aim of not only restoring it but jmproving performance. Is this too hard to understand. No one is suggesting any course of action and preempting any outcome because it is about the collective will of all peoples negotiated to a solution.

It is the basis of any kind of relationship whether marraige, family, business, employment, any relationship at all. When set goals are made it is easily to measure progress on a term basis. In America it is called the State of the Union and is evaluated on a yearly basis. That is a forum where all constituents meet to state their satisfaction with the nation and thrash out areas of friction and discord before they mushroom.

If you live in a union where you donot care what the other party feels or thinks how on earth do you want to succeed. If you take your wife for granted chances are high you will be poisoned, if you take your business partner for granted chances are high you will be kidnapped or murdered. If you take your fellow citizen for granted, chances are ripe for continual economic, political and social upheavals that will not allow prosperity to berth in that country.

It is a pity that people cannot see this in Nigeria, it is a tragedy that those who do choose to ignore it. Carry on.

I have nothing against restructuring or all the points that you made. Restructuring means many things to different people depending on the interest of who is pushing it.

The people of the South south will interpret restructuring to mean resource control for the states under the current structure. An Afenifere member will see restructuring as a collapse of the current states and a return to the regional system of government with the revenue sharing formula remaining as it is under the current structure. A northerner will see it more as a call by the south to control all the country's resources alone and deny their states of the required revenue for development. So, therein lies the problem of conflict of interest.

What I will suggest is for proponents of restructuring to quickly come up with a clearly defined structure that they are proposing. I have seen some of the recommendations of Jonathan's 2014 CONFAB. They proposed a 50 states structure as against the current 36 that some are complaining is too much. So, is that the restructuring that we want to see?

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Favoured South-East More Than North - Buba Galadima by Johnsinia(m): 10:58am On Sep 25, 2016
victorvezx:
This man said the whole truth and nothing but the truth. People from the south east should tell us how they can survive without Nigeria. And please, stop mentioningthe millions of igbos that successfully doing business in other parts of Nigeria, they are not with u in ur show of shame. According to statistics, after the north, the south east is the most under developed, it is also the poorest region in the south. What exactly do the south east contribute to the economy that makes them think we can't do without them. This man just exposed the whole truth. I am expecting people from the south east not to believe him, because to them, everybody from the north is an almajiri or illiterate.
The man said the trash that will excite Afonja like your likes. Yes, the Igbos are the reason Nigeria is still feeding today because they contributes immensely to Nigeriaa GDP and economy through business and other view, he Buba even attest to that facts, when he said that the Igbo's can not "live without Nigeria" why? because he believed that the Igbo's will find it difficult leaving their huge investment for Biafra but he is wrong because, the Igbos are not afraid of taking up fresh challenges and bouncing back better, they ve done it before after the civil war when they are in Nigeria with no help from the govt, and they can do it again way better when as a sovereignty.

6 Likes

Re: Buhari Favoured South-East More Than North - Buba Galadima by seunmsg(m): 10:59am On Sep 25, 2016
eph12:

Wait! If the HQ is situated in Ibadan per se does it mean only an Ibadan person can be the governor?

It doesn't matter where the governor, premier, mayor or whatever comes from. I just cannot support a return to the old system where we have to be sending delegation to Ibadan to lobby the regional government to come and repair or build a local secondary school in my home town in Ekiti. No way!
Re: Buhari Favoured South-East More Than North - Buba Galadima by codemaniacs: 10:59am On Sep 25, 2016
victorvezx:

Guy tribalism is the problem of Africa because this is the only continent with thousands of tribe. Everyone always want the better for only his tribe, which is bad. Is it not tribalism that is causing war in South Sudan right now, is it not tribalism that caused the Rwanda genocide? U complain as if Nigeria is the only country with this problem. U mentioned Ethiopia, do u know the Oromo tribe there, which is the largest tribe in Ethiopia are treated like second class citizen, just because people from lower tribe continue to run the affairs of the country for a long time. Stop behaving like a hypocrite, some people are involved in tribalism But they do not even know, just like u

Tribalism is not the problem.

Hatred and envy is one of the problems.

98% of the tribes in europe have their own countries.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Favoured South-East More Than North - Buba Galadima by dadabashua1(m): 11:02am On Sep 25, 2016
watchindelta:
becuz Yorubas n northerners hat dem. even with d hatred n suppress dey are still going stronger. jst imagine make dem gv Igbo the number 10 rule to play. comot hatred u will see tins.
i despise that word... Yoruba's hate igbos... if you are judging from NL.. then you can also say igbos hate the Yoruba's also.
Re: Buhari Favoured South-East More Than North - Buba Galadima by SaffronSpice: 11:02am On Sep 25, 2016
victorvezx:

They say truth is bitter. The man just spoke the bitter truth. They will never refute the points he made, but instead insult him, because they are so pained of the truth. He exposed them
grin.
If you keep an open mind,you'll see that he said some important things that should be debated,pondered,and not dismissed with mere insults.
Re: Buhari Favoured South-East More Than North - Buba Galadima by codemaniacs: 11:02am On Sep 25, 2016
seunmsg:

It doesn't where the governor, premier, mayor or whatever comes from. I just cannot support a return to the old system where we have to be sending delegation to Ibadan to lobby the regional government to come and repair or build a local secondary school in my home town in Ekiti. No way!

Each state will fend for themselves.

Stop claiming yoruba be proud of your northern origin.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Buhari Favoured South-East More Than North - Buba Galadima by GMbuharii: 11:03am On Sep 25, 2016
Thunder faya that mallam galadima gambari..

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Favoured South-East More Than North - Buba Galadima by Reference(m): 11:03am On Sep 25, 2016
seunmsg:

I have nothing against restructuring or all the points that you made. Restructuring means many things to different people depending on the interest of who is pushing it.

The people of the South south will interpret restructuring to mean resource control for the states under the current structure. An Afenifere member will see restructuring as a collapse of the current states and a return to the regional system of government with the revenue sharing formula remaining as it is under the current structure. A northerner will see it more as a call by the south to control all the country's resources alone and deny their states of the required revenue for development. So, therein lies the problem of conflict of interest.

What I will suggest is for proponents of restructuring to quickly come up with a clearly defined structure that they are proposing. I have seen some of the recommendations of Jonathan's 2014 CONFAB. They proposed a 50 states structure as against the current 36 that some are complaining is too much. So, is that the restructuring that we want to see?

That is it. Accomodate the views of different people. Are we not free from colonialism. That was the last form of government or can I say existence that 'forced' people to relate in ways contrary to their opinion and consistently fought them to remain. If a country must truly prosper it must allow people decide HOW THEY RELATE WITH ONE ANOTHER. If the Western man agrees that the Northern man gets all the appointments in government, so be it. If the Southern man agrees to provide the mainstay of the economy, so be it. But it all has to be discussed and agreed to end tribalism and socio-economic turbulence bedevelling us. No game should be played with unwritten rules and misunderstood laws and expect sanity.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Favoured South-East More Than North - Buba Galadima by ificatchmodeh: 11:06am On Sep 25, 2016
victorvezx:

Guy tribalism is the problem of Africa because this is the only continent with thousands of tribe. Everyone always want the better for only his tribe, which is bad. Is it not tribalism that is causing war in South Sudan right now, is it not tribalism that caused the Rwanda genocide? U complain as if Nigeria is the only country with this problem. U mentioned Ethiopia, do u know the Oromo tribe there, which is the largest tribe in Ethiopia are treated like second class citizen, just because people from lower tribe continue to run the affairs of the country for a long time. Stop behaving like a hypocrite, some people are involved in tribalism But they do not even know, just like u

Don't really understand what you want.
Are you promoting tribalism or the nigerian state?
An elderly stateman made statement from a tribal lens..is not ought to be so.
He is meant to promote the "interest"of the country not buhari's government or north.
His statement is divisive and sentimental.
We need to develop pass the sentiment of tribe..if we really need nigeria.

we must not be clouded with the African mentality..if the Ethiopians decide to subjugate a tribe, is it right ? If nigerian decide to oppress the igbo's is it right?

If we can't have a united and a committed nation..which is not impossible..
Then i can assure. You that someday maybe not long from now..they tribal and ethnics tribes holding every nation state..be it in Ethiopia or nigeria,ghana..will take a long walk..
This my friend is guaranteed.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Favoured South-East More Than North - Buba Galadima by victorvezx(m): 11:06am On Sep 25, 2016
Johnsinia:
The man said the trash that will excite Afonja like your likes. Yes, the Igbos are the reason Nigeria is still feeding today because they contributes immensely to Nigeriaa GDP and economy through business and other view, he Buba even attest to that facts, when he said that the Igbo's can not "live without Nigeria" why? because he believed that the Igbo's will find it difficult leaving their huge investment for Biafra but he is wrong because, the Igbos are not afraid of taking up fresh challenges and bouncing back better, they ve done it before after the civil war when they are in Nigeria with no help from the govt, and they can do it again way better when as a sovereignty.

Lol. Absolute trash, 1967 is not 2016

1 Like

Re: Buhari Favoured South-East More Than North - Buba Galadima by Ake1: 11:07am On Sep 25, 2016
From now henceforth I will not loving Buhari if he don't sack those heads of agencies appointed by formal clueless president who are known to be gaiters,wailers and saboteurs in this country.
Re: Buhari Favoured South-East More Than North - Buba Galadima by tiwiex(m): 11:07am On Sep 25, 2016
victorvezx:
This man said the whole truth and nothing but the truth. People from the south east should tell us how they can survive without Nigeria. And please, stop mentioningthe millions of igbos that successfully doing business in other parts of Nigeria, they are not with u in ur show of shame. According to statistics, after the north, the south east is the most under developed, it is also the poorest region in the south. What exactly do the south east contribute to the economy that makes them think we can't do without them. This man just exposed the whole truth. I am expecting people from the south east not to believe him, because to them, everybody from the north is an almajiri or illiterate.
Wetin concern me and you how the igbos survive? Are you saying you don't want them to go because you love them more than they love themselves?
Ok, they agree they will suffer but they want to go. Why would you stop them. From your assertions, they need Nigeria more than Nigeria needs them. Meaning Nigeria will be better off without them. So, why not let them go?

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Favoured South-East More Than North - Buba Galadima by ificatchmodeh: 11:08am On Sep 25, 2016
Reference:

That is it. Restructuring will put the country first and neutralise tribe because tribe will be put up for sacrifice as the first point of negotiations. You go in without tribe and come out with country. You restrict your inclinations to your bedroom knowing if you take them there you will fail and the system crumbles. It levels the playing field for all peoples of this country. That is restructuring. He took the lazy path by preempting regionalism. Who said that. Who asked a Lagos man to become part of Western Nigeria. What is western Nigeria. No one is asking for that. What people simply want is a REASON to be part of this club called Nigeria. And if they must can they have a copy of the club rules, study them and make an input if necessary. He is saying it is not necessary. That we should all just join and take what we see. Who does that. Who on earth joins an association he cannot influence.

Thanks bro
Like the simply. Don't understand this..or they choose not to.
Re: Buhari Favoured South-East More Than North - Buba Galadima by victorvezx(m): 11:09am On Sep 25, 2016
tiwiex:

Wetin concern me and you how the igbos survive? Are you saying you don't want them to go because you love them more than they love themselves?
Ok, they agree they will suffer but they want to go. Why would you stop them. From your assertions, they need Nigeria more than Nigeria needs them. Meaning Nigeria will be better off without them. So, why not let them go?
They are not ready to go, if they are ready to go, the whole of Nigeria will know
Re: Buhari Favoured South-East More Than North - Buba Galadima by morbeta(m): 11:10am On Sep 25, 2016
dadabashua1:
how old are you pls?

Old enough to be President.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Favoured South-East More Than North - Buba Galadima by kenny987(f): 11:10am On Sep 25, 2016
seunmsg:

Can you define clearly for me and others that don't understand the exact meaning, scope and extent of this restructuring that you are clamouring for? I seriously want to learn from you.

To properly understand the concept of restructuring/regionalism, I'll invite you to come clean and free urself of any remote bias against any perceived enemy. Now, when u take time to study the fusion of the various regions that make up the current Nigerian Federation and that of the US, one important thing is missing-the voluntary and organic achievement of statehood and then nationhood. I have referenced the US because we copied d current presidential system of govt and federalism from d US only that we have bastardised it and I'll tell you how.

Now, I'm assuming u passed through secondary school and university in the hands of ur parents. If u didn't then try to picture a standard home where parents are providers for their offspring. For a student used to weekly or monthly upkeep and a home or accommodation paid for, what is the motivation to work and be independent? However, it gets to a time when after studying u start looking for ur own source of income, before long u move out and establish ur independence or for a lady, usually marriage or she gets a job and has to move. Now this is a regular progression most likely because no parent wants to coddle a child forever provided there's no disability.

With the above scenario in mind, tell me: in d event that ur parents continue to insist on wielding some control and keep spoon feeding u, will u seriously strike out on ur own and achieve ur potential? The natural answer is no because humans ordinarily want things easy. Now do u not get disgusted when u see a grown-ass man with a woman producing children in his father's house and they even fight d elderly parents over provisions? That is what Nigeria looks like to an extent. The more annoying part is that d resources are located in d various regions, d FG is just created as a unifying factor or rallying point if u will. Yet, by law, the FG takes from the regions or states, administers the process of extraction and the decides some form of sharing factor to give back to the same states or regions. Where is d sense in that? Imagine you're married and a mother inlaw decides that everything within ur home is hers to control and return as she deems fit, keeping d lion share for herself of course, will u be happy? Will u also attempt to construct certain facilities which she claims is her sole responsibility yet she fails to do them and still claims that which u do as hers? Will u not rather take whatever she gives you that u haven't sweated for and use it as u like especially since u don't even have to render any account to her?

Now, restructuring is some form of coming of age. All the citizens of Nigeria including operatives of d FG come from various regions. Clearly, state governors with the collusion of the FG have created some form of insulation that makes it almost impossible for citizens to hold their immediate leaders or representatives responsible for their failures. It is the reason someone like Aregbesola can say he cannot pay salaries because revenue has reduced and banks have refused to give him loans. This is because he is used to handouts from d centre with no questions asked. Again, just d way children tend to pick up behavioral traits and manners from their parents and those they watch, that is d same way d states mirror d lackadaisical attitude and non innovativeness of d Big Brother FG. Before discovery of oil, regions needed to survive and were responsible for ensuring that their obligations to d indigenes or citizens were met. The moment crude came on board and d FG commandeered crude and its proceeds, the independence of d states n regions were lost because of dependence on free, unregulated money. The FG developed tunnel vision for oil money only to d detriment of other sectors, even d oil e no arrange well hence our inability to refine and meet local demand talk less of export. Automatically states also started waitng cap-in-hand for oil money monthly allocation.

To achieve proper restructuring or devolution of power, the more constitution must be overhauled or completely replaced. For instance, policing. Where do the people reside? Who understands ur people more? Fellow tribesmen or outsiders? So why should internal policing be the sole responsibility of the FG that then sends a Borno man and Tiv officers for instance to head a police command and be the officers in that command for Kalabari people for instance? Do they understand the terrain? Can there really be enough trust for d Kalabari mam to give up his brother who commits a crime to a fulani police officer who may not understand the workings of the community in order to maintain peaceable punish infractions?

Education! What is d FG's business with secondary school education which is basic really? What is d point of duplication of efforts in the area of health that we will now be hearing of Federal hospitals and d states will still need to duplicate efforts? Issues of taxation go to d federal high court. Why should a company that produces chivita for instance be located in Bayelsa State and yet d state will have to sue in a federal high court or vice versa when issues of taxation come up? Exactly why must d FG be involved in d relationship b/w a company and d state within which it operates?

I referred you to the US earlier. Do you realise d states own n control their resources ie d individuals who own land where any natural resources are found are automatically owners of those resources? The role of d state is legislate n regulate d extraction, processing, distribution and standards of whatever products as well as taxes. U realise d states have their courts up to supreme courts?

The aim of restructuring will therefore cut off that dependence on the centre, the notion of free money dies and each region will create administratibe units it can cater for. A situation where Kano has 44 LGAs because of mere geographical size and it cannot fund those lgas by itself will not arise. In fact, there will be no need to swell figures during census just to justify more federal allocation. Citizens at municipal or community level will better engage their leaders at those levels because they see they have to be productive and pay their taxes in order to survive. So any hanky panky by their leaders can be addressed because they understand each other clearly as per ethnic similarities.

12 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Buhari Favoured South-East More Than North - Buba Galadima by eph12(m): 11:11am On Sep 25, 2016
seunmsg:

It doesn't where the governor, premier, mayor or whatever comes from. I just cannot support a return to the old system where we have to be sending delegation to Ibadan to lobby the regional government to come and repair or build a local secondary school in my home town in Ekiti. No way!
You prefer going to Abuja? The load is too much on the federal which you know but refuse to acknowledge.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Favoured South-East More Than North - Buba Galadima by Einl(m): 11:12am On Sep 25, 2016
When you give a fool an opportunity to talk.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Favoured South-East More Than North - Buba Galadima by nextprince: 11:14am On Sep 25, 2016
arewafederation:

I very much doubt your northern ancestry.
Some of them were brought up in the north and they begin to assume they are northerners but the blood of the yeast still runs in their blood streams, that is one of them.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Favoured South-East More Than North - Buba Galadima by Reference(m): 11:14am On Sep 25, 2016
seunmsg:

So there is something you don't like. Why not care about what other people don't like so that everyone can meet at the middle and then restructure the country into what everyone finds acceptable so that no one goes home feeling cheated and suspicious of the motives of the other and resentful or protective of only the views of only others he shares. And with a mindset to contribute meaningfully to the development of the country. When your mind is at rest you tend to be more productive. Why is it that leadership and government past and present are not concerned about the amount of resources in time and treasure this unstable country is wasting on issues of ethno-centricism. Can't understand. It just irritates me.

1 Like

Re: Buhari Favoured South-East More Than North - Buba Galadima by dadabashua1(m): 11:17am On Sep 25, 2016
morbeta:

are you sure? grin
morbeta:

are you sure?

1 Like

Re: Buhari Favoured South-East More Than North - Buba Galadima by codemaniacs: 11:21am On Sep 25, 2016
eph12:

You prefer going to Abuja? The load is too much on the federal which you know but refuse to acknowledge.

Don't mind that guy. He is a northerner with yoruba moniker who tries his best to sow discord on NL among southerners.

5 Likes

Re: Buhari Favoured South-East More Than North - Buba Galadima by Greataausim(m): 11:23am On Sep 25, 2016
Grabs the mic,... *I think he is high on kafanchang weed, because i don't see sense here.... He reasons via Anus, he is not with his brain, Working corpse.
Ahufusa, almajiri at it again....
Now ipod yoots and scavengers militiants how markets for SE and SS...? We want to knw wetin this ahufusa man is saying.
Re: Buhari Favoured South-East More Than North - Buba Galadima by kenny987(f): 11:24am On Sep 25, 2016
kenny987:

To properly understand the concept of restructuring/regionalism, I'll invite you to come clean and free urself of any remote bias against any perceived enemy. Now, when u take time to study the fusion of the various regions that make up the current Nigerian Federation and that of the US, one important thing is missing-the voluntary and organic achievement of statehood and then nationhood. I have referenced the US because we copied d current presidential system of govt and federalism from d US only that we have bastardised it and I'll tell you how.

Now, I'm assuming u passed through secondary school and university in the hands of ur parents. If u didn't then try to picture a standard home where parents are providers for their offspring. For a student used to weekly or monthly upkeep and a home or accommodation paid for, what is the motivation to work and be independent? However, it gets to a time when after studying u start looking for ur own source of income, before long u move out and establish ur independence or for a lady, usually marriage or she gets a job and has to move. Now this is a regular progression most likely because no parent wants to coddle a child forever provided there's no disability.

With the above scenario in mind, tell me: in d event that ur parents continue to insist on wielding some control and keep spoon feeding u, will u seriously strike out on ur own and achieve ur potential? The natural answer is no because humans ordinarily want things easy. Now do u not get disgusted when u see a grown-ass man with a woman producing children in his father's house and they even fight d elderly parents over provisions? That is what Nigeria looks like to an extent. The more annoying part is that d resources are located in d various regions, d FG is just created as a unifying factor or rallying point if u will. Yet, by law, the FG takes from the regions or states, administers the process of extraction and the decides some form of sharing factor to give back to the same states or regions. Where is d sense in that?

Imagine you're married and a mother inlaw decides that everything within ur home is hers to control and return as she deems fit, keeping d lion share for herself of course, will u be happy? Will u also attempt to construct certain facilities which she claims is her sole responsibility yet she fails to do them and still claims that which u do as hers? Will u not rather take whatever she gives you that u haven't sweated for and use it as u like especially since u don't even have to render any account to her?

Now, restructuring is some form of coming of age. All the citizens of Nigeria including operatives of d FG come from various regions. Clearly, state governors with the collusion of the FG have created some form of insulation that makes it almost impossible for citizens to hold their immediate leaders or representatives responsible for their failures. It is the reason someone like Aregbesola can say he cannot pay salaries because revenue has reduced and banks have refused to give him loans. This is because he is used to handouts from d centre with no questions asked. Again, just d way children tend to pick up behavioral traits and manners from their parents and those they watch, that is d same way d states mirror d lackadaisical attitude and non innovativeness of d Big Brother FG. Before discovery of oil, regions needed to survive and were responsible for ensuring that their obligations to d indigenes or citizens were met. The moment crude came on board and d FG commandeered crude and its proceeds, the independence of d states n regions were lost because of dependence on free, unregulated money. The FG developed tunnel vision for oil money only to d detriment of other sectors, even d oil e no arrange well hence our inability to refine and meet local demand talk less of export. Automatically states also started waitng cap-in-hand for oil money monthly allocation.

To achieve proper restructuring or devolution of power, the more constitution must be overhauled or completely replaced. For instance, policing. Where do the people reside? Who understands ur people more? Fellow tribesmen or outsiders? So why should internal policing be the sole responsibility of the FG that then sends a Borno man and Tiv officers for instance to head a police command and be the officers in that command for Kalabari people for instance? Do they understand the terrain? Can there really be enough trust for d Kalabari mam to give up his brother who commits a crime to a fulani police officer who may not understand the workings of the community in order to maintain peaceable punish infractions?

Education! What is d FG's business with secondary school education which is basic really? What is d point of duplication of efforts in the area of health that we will now be hearing of Federal hospitals and d states will still need to duplicate efforts? Issues of taxation go to d federal high court. Why should a company that produces chivita for instance be located in Bayelsa State and yet d state will have to sue in a federal high court or vice versa when issues of taxation come up? Exactly why must d FG be involved in d relationship b/w a company and d state within which it operates?

I referred you to the US earlier. Do you realise d states own n control their resources ie d individuals who own land where any natural resources are found are automatically owners of those resources? The role of d state is legislate n regulate d extraction, processing, distribution and standards of whatever products as well as taxes. U realise d states have their courts up to supreme courts?

The aim of restructuring will therefore cut off that dependence on the centre, the notion of free money dies and each region will create administratibe units it can cater for. A situation where Kano has 44 LGAs because of mere geographical size and it cannot fund those lgas by itself will not arise. In fact, there will be no need to swell figures during census just to justify more federal allocation. Citizens at municipal or community level will better engage their leaders at those levels because they see they have to be productive and pay their taxes in order to survive. So any hanky panky by their leaders can be addressed because they understand each other clearly as per ethnic similarities.

PS: I am female not some 'Mr Man'.

Rahym001:

Mr man please can you help us define restructuring;

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Favoured South-East More Than North - Buba Galadima by photoshoot(m): 11:24am On Sep 25, 2016
giftft:
this man should be stoned

I am sure if I ask why, you would end up saying irrelevant things.
Re: Buhari Favoured South-East More Than North - Buba Galadima by promise4040: 11:26am On Sep 25, 2016
''There has never been a Nigerian that loves the Igbo more than Gen Buhari'. Lier

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Lagosians React To Ban On Clothes Spreading / President Buhari Meets Abdulrasheed Baw, New EFCC Chairman In Aso Villa (Photos) / How Dangote Refinery Exposed Nigeria’s Shipping Inadequacies

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 132
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.