Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,986 members, 7,810,753 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 02:32 PM

Buhari Favoured South-East More Than North - Buba Galadima - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Buhari Favoured South-East More Than North - Buba Galadima (35288 Views)

If I'm Inec I Would Have De-registered Apc - Apc Bot Member, Engr. Buba Galadima / Buhari’s Policies Are ‘Mere Propaganda’ – Buba Galadima, APC BoT Member / Buhari May Stand Alone In 2019 ----buba Galadima (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Buhari Favoured South-East More Than North - Buba Galadima by codemaniacs: 12:32pm On Sep 25, 2016
seunmsg:

Please, let's understand each other clearly. I am not against the call for restructuring. I have listened to different people make the call and they all have varying opinions on the exact structure that we should transit to. What I want to see is a coordinated view on restructuring. Not the present call that is been pushed by various tribal/political interest. Should we restructure to regionalism or should we maintain the current 36 states structure? Should we adopt the 50 states recommendation of Jonathan's confab? Should we devolve more powers to the current state structure and reduce the power of the federal government? These and many more are the issues that I want the proponents of restructuring to clearly define instead of each person pushing different versions.

Again, people like me are sceptical of the interest of the proponents of restructuring because they often limit their argument to resource control. Which resources do they want to control? The resources deposited by God under the land and in the deep water? Did the resources get there by the hard work of any tribe or just by God's magnanimity? You can decide to be emotional about this but I will be pragmatic. Natural resources should be put to the benefit of all citizens of the country and not to a particular state or region. What is the productivity of these oil states apart from oil? Akwa Ibom collects the highest revenue among the states, what is her productivity apart from oil? Nothing! Why should Osun or Gombe be forced to be productive and Akwa Ibom is excused? We should encourage general productivity and not excuse others. What the proponents of resource control want is an unequal union where a region will be stupendously rich while the others are in abject poverty. That is unfair if you ask me.

Akwa ibom has fertile land and are also into fishery. Akwa ibom is a RICH state and its productivity which is mainly oil is meant for Akwa ibom alone.

Osun and gombe have no business with Akwa ibom's resources. Osun and gombe should work with their own resources.

Same way some people are born into rich families is the same way some countries are located in areas without resources.

Stop envying the SS. Focus on your region.

6 Likes

Re: Buhari Favoured South-East More Than North - Buba Galadima by kenny987(f): 12:36pm On Sep 25, 2016
seunmsg:

Please, let's understand each other clearly. I am not against the call for restructuring. I have listened to different people make the call and they all have varying opinions on the exact structure that we should transit to. What I want to see is a coordinated view on restructuring. Not the present call that is been pushed by various tribal/political interest. Should we restructure to regionalism or should we maintain the current 36 states structure? Should we adopt the 50 states recommendation of Jonathan's confab? Should we devolve more powers to the current state structure and reduce the power of the federal government? These and many more are the issues that I want the proponents of restructuring to clearly define instead of each person pushing different versions.

Again, people like me are sceptical of the interest of the proponents of restructuring because they often limit their argument to resource control. Which resources do they want to control? The resources deposited by God under the land and in the deep water? Did the resources get there by the hard work of any tribe or just by God's magnanimity? You can decide to be emotional about this but I will be pragmatic. Natural resources should be put to the benefit of all citizens of the country and not to a particular state or region. What is the productivity of these oil states apart from oil? Akwa Ibom collects the highest revenue among the states, what is her productivity apart from oil? Nothing! Why should Osun or Gombe be forced to be productive and Akwa Ibom is excused? We should encourage general productivity and not excuse others. What the proponents of resource control want is an unequal union where a region will be stupendously rich while the others are in abject poverty. That is unfair if you ask me.

For any region to exist, it has got to be viable not bearing d title if 'state' without being able to do what a state does. Personally I'd rather the former regional system or at best the 6-geopolitical zones with proper boundary adjustments so that Kwara will be in d SW as yoruba land that it is; Igbo speaking areas carved into the SS and NC will join their Igbo kin and Ijaw in Ondo will properly join their brethren in d SS. The middle belt will have their own identity as MB and not be some appendage of the North. The geopolitical zones must then be recognised in d constitution because right now they exist for mere administrative convenience.

I prefer this because it reduces the cost of governance. Even if we retain d bicameral legislature, there'd be less persons to cater for as legislators. In fact, membership of the NASS should be on a part time basis with specific sitting schedules and room for emergencies where necessary. If this is achieved, there would be no need for elections into the NASS because those representatives will be appointed from among regional representatives already elected at regional levels.

For the area of one region being stupendously rich while another is poor...it tells me u still believe it's all about oil and nothing else. That is not the case! Even the oil producing regions that have their crude in commercial quantity cannot eat n drink oil. They must trade it to get other things they need. Ogun or Ondo have loads of gold, cocoa and arable land. Money from these or from crude have he same value. Let me ask u, before crude discovery did d regions not survive? Talking of an unequal union, do you have an equal union now?

There is industrialisation to be achieved and manufacturing. Must it be oil? That they control resources does not mean it will not get to others. It is about agreed terms n conditions! The SS will need to construct buildings. Do they have cement or limestone? The nickel recently discovered, was it in d South? Agriculture, well harnessed is a money spinner or do u not know it? U ask what d economic contribution of Akwa Ibom is beyond crude and that is a funny question really. It had got rich arable land and aquatic resources as well. Varieties of vegetables abound that's why they are known for their afang, edikaikong, atama, fisherman soup etc. Of course u know food and hospitality go hand-in-hand as very lucrative ventures when we'll managed.

My post u quoted clearly addresses d issue of devolution of power. I made it clear that d FG is overburdened and unwieldy. For responsibilities like education, internal security, infrastructure creation and so on to be concentrated at regional level, there must be more funds to cater for them.

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Favoured South-East More Than North - Buba Galadima by ArabMopol(m): 12:38pm On Sep 25, 2016
that man is high with sokoto dry weed... why are they afraid of restructuring or division.... seems like are the parasites, north contribute absolutely nothing toward national building...

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Favoured South-East More Than North - Buba Galadima by MrGerald(m): 12:38pm On Sep 25, 2016
seunmsg:
Very brilliant and straight forward interview. The guy made lots of very valid points that can't be disputed. The issue of restructuring for example is a very vague concept that needs to be clearly defined. Is it just about revenue sharing or a total collapse of the current federal structure for a new system?

I am from Ekiti and I can assure you that I will never support a system whereby my people will have to be going to a regional HQ in Ibadan just to get a local school rehabilitated or to get a local road constructed. An Imo person will also never agree to any structure that will yoke him under an Anambra man. So, when we shout restructuring, we should take time to define exactly what we really want.
We're not talking about restructuring to regionalism

1 Like

Re: Buhari Favoured South-East More Than North - Buba Galadima by seunmsg(m): 12:42pm On Sep 25, 2016
eph12:

I don't think it was mentioned anywhere that Ekiti state or its capital or its governor wouldn't exist anymore.

Therein lies the problem of definition that I am talking about. Restructuring means different thing to different people based on tribal/political/selfish interest. To some people, restructuring will entail a complete demolition of the current 36 states structure for a new regional system. To some, it is resource control. To you, the current state should still exist. All I am saying is, can the proponents of restructuring give us a clear and unanimous definition of the new structure that they are proposing?
Re: Buhari Favoured South-East More Than North - Buba Galadima by ChrisEsq: 12:43pm On Sep 25, 2016
Its a matter of time. They will beg to leave and we ll say no. We need educators for our kids and Security for our gate.
morbeta:
The biggest fear of the west nd north is igbo dominance. How can the people of igbo land given only 20 naira after the war now control abuja nd lagos nd dominated education for 13yrs running now both secondary nd university. They dominate in USA ND LONDON. 5 MAYOR'S IN USA.2 STAFF IN WHITE HOUSE. 4 ENGINEERS IN AEROSPACE CENTER. DEPUTY LEADER LABOUR PARTY UK 2 MAYOR'S UK.68 professor's in usa 48 in UK 148 medical doctors usa 112 uk. This is all on merit.

So we understand their fears.
Re: Buhari Favoured South-East More Than North - Buba Galadima by ArabMopol(m): 12:44pm On Sep 25, 2016
Lajet:
If there is plebiscite, 90 percent of them will vote to remain in Nigeria. Igbo need Nigeria more than any other group.

If this man believe that 90% of Igbos we vote Yes to remain in Nigeria then let us conduct referendum. Nonsense not only 90% na 100% old man deceiving himself
bro no mind them... the man smoke wet weed... I wonder why they are afraid of restructuring or referendum.... We have dull brains up North

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Favoured South-East More Than North - Buba Galadima by leepest(m): 12:45pm On Sep 25, 2016
My problem with d Igbos is dat de don't read and understand, immediately de Saw Hausa/Muslim/Northerner they will end up Critizing d whole idea/Person.... Nawa for u
Re: Buhari Favoured South-East More Than North - Buba Galadima by kenny987(f): 12:46pm On Sep 25, 2016
Elkay3:

Sir, please enlighten me more.

Since u cannot check...

BASHFUL
ˈbaʃfʊl,-f(ə)l/ (adjective)

reluctant to draw attention to oneself; shy.
"everything you need to know but have been too bashful to ask"
synonyms: shy, reserved, diffident, retiring, self-conscious, coy, demure, reticent, reluctant, shrinking, timid, timorous, meek...etc

The thread was in no way 'bashful'. U simply used that word because u figured it was d same meaning as d tribal/ethnic bashing usually displayed here.
Elkay3:
This thread is bashful. Make I wait see the bashers...but like seriously dis guy got some point. Or, lemme look well...

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Favoured South-East More Than North - Buba Galadima by Elkay3: 12:48pm On Sep 25, 2016
kenny987:

Since u cannot check...

BASHFUL
ˈbaʃfʊl,-f(ə)l/ (adjective)

reluctant to draw attention to oneself; shy.
"everything you need to know but have been too bashful to ask"
synonyms: shy, reserved, diffident, retiring, self-conscious, coy, demure, reticent, reluctant, shrinking, timid, timorous, meek...etc

The thread was in no way 'bashful'. U simply used that word because u figured it was d same meaning as d tribal/ethnic bashing usually displayed here.

OK, thank you very much. How do I pay you? And how much?
Re: Buhari Favoured South-East More Than North - Buba Galadima by gidjah(m): 12:54pm On Sep 25, 2016
arewafederation:

I very much doubt your northern ancestry.
Why sir, if I may ask? I wish it was me you were referring to or the one that made that statement,would have cleared your doubt ...paper wise!

1 Like

Re: Buhari Favoured South-East More Than North - Buba Galadima by kenny987(f): 12:55pm On Sep 25, 2016
seunmsg:

Therein lies the problem of definition that I am talking about. Restructuring means different thing to different people based on tribal/political/selfish interest. To some people, restructuring will entail a complete demolition of the current 36 states structure for a new regional system. To some, it is resource control. To you, the current state should still exist. All I am saying is, can the proponents of restructuring give us a clear and unanimous definition of the new structure that they are proposing?

There has got to be an agreement and willingness to entertain the question of restructuring before a model can be agreed upon. When it is foreclosed by a particular set of people due to misunderstanding or an erroneous interpretation of what restructuring entails, there will never be a unanimous definition of a structure. It is a coward that refuses to explore just because he does not understand something. The obvious fact remains that what we have right now is not working. We have been at it for more than 40yrs.

We will not be reinventing the wheel. What we need to do is study those nations we want to be as developed as and follow the best adaptable model without losing our identity. The obvious tribal n ethnic divide cannot be overlooked and so the mistrust and obvious inequalities will continue to cause major issues. We cannot continue to play politics with our existence if we want to grow beyond this third world status.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Favoured South-East More Than North - Buba Galadima by kenny987(f): 12:57pm On Sep 25, 2016
Elkay3:

OK, thank you very much. How do I pay you? And how much?
No need. It's a free language and that's why I asked u to find out for urself in d first place.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Favoured South-East More Than North - Buba Galadima by Dalek(m): 12:58pm On Sep 25, 2016
EternalTruths:

Take your education serious.

Referendum is conducted only in affected areas.

Take your insanity serious.
Because the SS leaving will not affect the whole of Nigeria?? so why won't the rest of Nigeria have a say on them leaving. so before you quote me showing some high level of inherent stupidity. take your person mental disability seriously.
Happy Sunday
Re: Buhari Favoured South-East More Than North - Buba Galadima by EternalTruths: 1:05pm On Sep 25, 2016
seunmsg:

Chaiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii undecided which kind reasoning be this.

Germany has no oil but is the richest country in Europe

This is the reason why I believe Arewa and Odua will be poor

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Favoured South-East More Than North - Buba Galadima by seunmsg(m): 1:08pm On Sep 25, 2016
kenny987:

There has got to be an agreement and willingness to entertain the question of restructuring before a model can be agreed upon. When it is foreclosed by a particular set of people due to misunderstanding or an erroneous interpretation of what restructuring entails, there will never be a unanimous definition of a structure. It is a coward that refused to explore just because he dies not understand something. The obvious fact remains that what we have right now is not working. We have been at it for more than 40yrs.

We wil not be reinventing the wheel. What we need to do is study those nations we want to be as developed as and follow the best adaptable model without losing our identity. The obvious tribal n ethnic divide cannot be overlooked and so the mistrust and obvious inequalities will continue to cause major issues. We cannot continue to play politics with our existence if we want to grow beyond this third world status.

By now, you should know that I am not against restructuring of the country. All I have called for is a clearer definition of the concept. You have clearly explained the kind of restructuring that you want to see. I want other proponents to also do the same and at the end of the day, I hope the entire country can reach a consensus.
Re: Buhari Favoured South-East More Than North - Buba Galadima by Nobody: 1:12pm On Sep 25, 2016
BuariCopyPaste:
Ofcos Buhari favored the Igbos to be the tribe with zero presence of federal projects...

Igbos are favored to be ignored in political appointments....

Who says Igbos are not favored to be shot at when they protest

d truth is if yu giv all ur entitlement n service to person wey hate yu ...its changes nuttin.
buhari picked igbo son twice as running mate,they even hated him more.
under buhari administration,,d fourth citizen is an igboman,,CBN governor,,NNPc,,minister of labour,,mouthwatering posts.,yet naa SE,,SS complain pass...do i av to enjoy dividend democracy until a yoruba man bcums appointed,,and for d ones frm my tribe that av bin appointed wat benefit am i enjoyin,,,
because buhari is frm d north,,,is an hausa man buyin rice cheaper than a yoruba or igboman ,,,is d north economy different frm dat of nigeria...wat xactly is d gain of d masses frm d north..
wat was d gain of d masses frm SS wen there son was on sit. yet we are so full of tribal sentiments
Re: Buhari Favoured South-East More Than North - Buba Galadima by OreMI22: 1:15pm On Sep 25, 2016
[size=13pt]All these people posting responses, Does it make any sense to respond to a drunk Abooki?

Even a child born today in Egypt knows Buhari is carrying out his "revenge" against the Igbo and other 5% that did not vote for him.

Like Abubakar Shekau, this abooki believes he could just argue against glaring facts by telling lies and everyone will be confused like them.
[/size] grin grin grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Buhari Favoured South-East More Than North - Buba Galadima by ABEngine(m): 1:16pm On Sep 25, 2016
arewafederation:

My friend, I'm just tired of listening to the usual silly rants of how the Ibos developed the world.

Thank you. However I urge you to join the campaign to let them loose.

Doesn't it amaze you that people concerned arent yet willing to put this divorce dust to rest once and for all?

The real question should be why not the referendum? What does Nigeria stand to loose with this imminent divorce? Why can't we continue the relationship with Biafra like we have with Ghana and Cameroon?

Nonetheless, I don't see a problem with self governance or what may seem a total breakdown of the existing federal structure with states eventually committing to mutual federal interests especially in Sports and other national image bearers.

I am pro-peace take this into account.

3 Likes

Re: Buhari Favoured South-East More Than North - Buba Galadima by fortunechy(m): 1:27pm On Sep 25, 2016
who's diz wolf in a human clothin

1 Like

Re: Buhari Favoured South-East More Than North - Buba Galadima by steppin: 1:32pm On Sep 25, 2016
Dalek:

Take your insanity serious.
Because the SS leaving will not affect the whole of Nigeria?? so why won't the rest of Nigeria have a say on them leaving. so before you quote me showing some high level of inherent stupidity. take your person mental disability seriously.
Happy Sunday
Smh. You need to read your comment once again. It's like asking a man who abuses his wife, if he wants the woman to stay. Of course, he would want the woman to stay, cos he's the one enjoying the marriage. The man lost his rights to keeping the marriage, the moment he abused the woman. Scotland voted to remain in UK cos they knew they were better off with them. The same cannot be said about Nigeria and the indigenous people of Biafra.
Referendum is for the people clamouring for freedom, not the other way round. the
Like the other guy said earlier, you need to take your education serious. grin

1 Like

Re: Buhari Favoured South-East More Than North - Buba Galadima by Nobody: 1:35pm On Sep 25, 2016
somebody plzzzzz...kill dat RAM

1 Like

Re: Buhari Favoured South-East More Than North - Buba Galadima by freedom96: 1:36pm On Sep 25, 2016
giftft:
this man should be stoned
is patience Jonathan your mother??
Re: Buhari Favoured South-East More Than North - Buba Galadima by Nobody: 1:50pm On Sep 25, 2016
AntiIPOOP:
But my flat head brothers from the red mud republic won't see this. They hate anything Hausa/ Muslim.
see ya mouth like pussy:::werey

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Favoured South-East More Than North - Buba Galadima by maimalari: 1:57pm On Sep 25, 2016
These are facts. Nigeria has always depended on the ibo for economic survival and prosperity. Reason i am confident of Buhari being successful in due course.
Re: Buhari Favoured South-East More Than North - Buba Galadima by seacoast(m): 1:57pm On Sep 25, 2016
arewafederation:

Good morning... angry
that's part of ur problem, you are still in the morning, while we have moved to afternoon. GOOD AFTERNOON

1 Like

Re: Buhari Favoured South-East More Than North - Buba Galadima by banmee(m): 2:00pm On Sep 25, 2016
forreelinc:
Ugh! At una age una still dey tribalize instead make una invest for where money fit commot the most, well sha na naija we dey. We enjoy suffering

Nigerians are the most s.tupid people on earth. They have everything any country would war with other nations to have. If this were the dark ages, Nigeria would have been invaded for it's resources many times over. Of all it's resources, the most important is it's human resource. It's diversity. Not to talk of it's population. America does not do the DV lottery out of the goodness of it's heart. They understand the importance of diversity and math. They know that at least half of the people they let in will do something incredible one day to make their country better, #Einstein, and they all will definitely get jobs and pay taxes. Taxes ladies and gentlemen. A concept that Nigeria and Nigerians are still grappling with. Nigerians are still stuck with where a person comes from instead joining hands together to unphuck the country they have phucked up. Why do these people think like this?
Re: Buhari Favoured South-East More Than North - Buba Galadima by forreelinc(m): 2:20pm On Sep 25, 2016
banmee:

Nigerians are the most s.tupid people on earth. They have everything any country would war with other nations to have. If this were the dark ages, Nigeria would have been invaded for it's resources many times over. Of all it's resources, the most important is it's human resource. It's diversity. Not to talk of it's population. America does not do the DV lottery out of the goodness of it's heart. They understand the importance of diversity and math. They know that at least half of the people they let in will do something incredible one day to make their country better, #Einstein, and they all will definitely get jobs and pay taxes. Taxes ladies and gentlemen. A concept that Nigeria and Nigerians are still grappling with. Nigerians are still stuck with where a person comes from instead joining hands together to unphuck the country they have phucked up. Why do these people think like this?

Hmm my broda me sef tire o them go dey pray for buhari/GEJ admin to fail as if no be we e go affect at the end

1 Like

Re: Buhari Favoured South-East More Than North - Buba Galadima by chidozieikeji2: 2:38pm On Sep 25, 2016
soloroyality:

bro if a poll is been conducted i bet u 80% of them are diehard fans of the Mrpresident
my broda the north is angry and hungry the govt is not treating them fine at all hunger they wire dem badly hope u remembered the last public statement of emir of kano and oda hausa heavyweight the govt
Re: Buhari Favoured South-East More Than North - Buba Galadima by MrOdyssey(m): 2:38pm On Sep 25, 2016
orimsamsam:
my brother am also tired. They just believe they are the most superior tribe in Nigeria

Any Yoruba that is against Igbo leaving Nigeria is bastard. Let dis people leave

Then simply ask ur president to call for a referendum. u know the course of the igbos is really simple.
"We ain't interested in the union pls let us go". it baffles me how these simple requests seem to be creating so much bad blood and ill-will if truly the igbos ain't instrumental to the continous growth of the entity -Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Buhari Favoured South-East More Than North - Buba Galadima by stevekenny: 2:40pm On Sep 25, 2016
giftft:
this man should be stoned

Why would he be stoned?
Just bcaus he is saying the truth? Pls it is better you come up with points to counter his assertion before asking for his head.
I'm a yoruba man but honestly I must say we from the Sounthern part are the problem of this country. We are quick to cry about a paticular problem but nobody is ready to come up with a viable solution. My respect still goes to the Northerners in terms of patrotism. Though, among them are religious fanantics due to poor education, but they still love this country called Nigeria more than average Sountherner, you hardly see then caursing their country or Leaders when the going is tough. Many of our youths today are on the social media doing copy cat -- let me also join them in abusing the goverment. Pls visit another country and see how they are respecting supporting their leaders.

2 Likes

Re: Buhari Favoured South-East More Than North - Buba Galadima by Brooklynsouth(f): 2:44pm On Sep 25, 2016
Dalek:
A quick question, if a referendum is conducted today on the issue of Biafra, will it be only the SS voting or all of Nigeria??
You guys are not looking into that, cuz am pretty sure the majority of Nigeria will vote for the SS to remain.
Referendum won't work!!!!!!!!!!!
nope my. Brother the affecteD places ll vote not the entire nation for instance southsouth will vote whether to state or leave

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Doyin Okupe: NIGERIA CAN'T AFFORD Brand New Trains, It Is Not America / Wike’s Group Pulls Out Of Atiku’s Campaign / Oshiomhole & Wife, Iara At NGE Honour (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.