Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,147 members, 7,815,018 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:57 AM

Woman Accused Of Witchcraft In Delta Stripped Unclad (Photos) - Crime (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Woman Accused Of Witchcraft In Delta Stripped Unclad (Photos) (66163 Views)

Young Girl Set On Fire After Being Accused Of Witchcraft In Akwa Ibom. Photos / Two Slay Mamas Steal N200k From A Boutique In Delta, Stripped Unclad (Photo) / Old Woman With Big Belly Humiliated For "Witchcraft" In Delta State. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Woman Accused Of Witchcraft In Delta Stripped Unclad (Photos) by Nobody: 5:25am On Sep 30, 2016
Sirlovings:

Your comment is baseless with no single logic. If you have lived outside Africa for a long time, you would realize that mental illness is a serious issue in Africa because most African governments don't invest in psychiatric hospitals.

So most people read religious/spiritual meaning into it instead of looking for ways to help the patients, they are condemned as witches or wizards.

I can tell you that the woman is only suffering from mental disorder. If she is living in a developed country, she will be in a mental facility getting better and learning how to manage her illness.

There are many different types of mental disorders. So please get knowledge and ask God for wisdom to understand things.
Don't let Nigerian/African pastors to deceive you for their own personal gain.

Educate them, they need education urgently.

In Europe people who suffer from psychosis get medication which enables them to function normally but these people believe in violence in the name of stewpidity.

4 Likes

Re: Woman Accused Of Witchcraft In Delta Stripped Unclad (Photos) by cococandy(f): 5:51am On Sep 30, 2016
freecocoa:
I'm tired, as in, I don tire.
Me too.

I don't know if there is anything else anyone can say on this issue and those similar to it that's hasn't been said:
I'm honestly really tired. cry
Re: Woman Accused Of Witchcraft In Delta Stripped Unclad (Photos) by histemple: 5:51am On Sep 30, 2016
Phonefanatic:

Don't twist the law so what if the accused confesses of such act?
You call the person deranged?

What is your definition of confession? The only legally binding and accepted confession is that which is done without threat of any kind, in the court.

That is why a person can deny a statement written at the police station and even allege that it was written under duress.

The truth is, if any activist takes this woman's case to court, all those who attacked the woman, will be sorry for themselves and they may even end up in jail.
Re: Woman Accused Of Witchcraft In Delta Stripped Unclad (Photos) by Nobody: 6:18am On Sep 30, 2016
...Some naive folks knows NOTHING!..little wonder they say experience is d best teacher!....until u get to the bridge/cross it, just hushhhhh!
Re: Woman Accused Of Witchcraft In Delta Stripped Unclad (Photos) by Kunlexxxx(m): 6:24am On Sep 30, 2016
AreaFada2:

Even traditionally, beating is not the normal thing. Although it happens.

People who confessed cleanly and tell all the evil they have done are used to swear an oath of the land and maybe at shrines of the community. That they will henceforth desist from evil & use their metaphysical prowess only to do good. And perhaps certain fines imposed on them.

In fact of old, it was quite accepted that witches & wizards were a vital part of the community, if only they would desist from doing evil.
The best medicine men boasted of being witches.....but ones that did not attend evil meetings in the coven or consume human meat or blood in the coven. But nonetheless able to see all that was happening there. Even if unable to prevent it. It was that knowledge of those secrets that medicine men used to release/buy off those condemned to destruction in the coven. Be it illness, poverty, misfortune, childlessness, death, etc.

As kids, we heard many such stories from old relatives (in their 80s, 90s then) about events of their own childhood.

We Africans have not researched African metaphysics or lack of it properly. We seemed believe that only Westerners have monopoly over truth. Africans cannot be right, if their experience or ideas differ from Western ones. That seems to be the prevailing position. shocked shocked

Bravo!
Re: Woman Accused Of Witchcraft In Delta Stripped Unclad (Photos) by cyrilamx(m): 6:33am On Sep 30, 2016
Guy in today United States, people cos of their unbelief in these preternatural powers and romancing with anything astral, has exposed them to all sorts of demonic attacks. In the beginning, they will think it just psychological problem only for the said psychologist to refer them to Catholic priest's for exorcism. Let be honest with our selves the lack of belief in existence of such is dangerous. Go to Italy and see the increasing case of people afflicted by these evil forces. Science, you are right, has come to disprove most of things hitherto attributed to witchcraft, but also by not believing in this black science or the occult practices especially in public, has give them room to fester. Most eminent scientists are occultists. No matter our level of advancement, witches do exist and in order to make it appealing, the whites now categorise them as white and black witches. For your info, witchcraft is studied in a university in California.
theoneJabulani:
And when did that happen? The dark ages, 5 centuries ago when science was at its infantry. People suffering from Schizophrenia were executed cos people thought they were communicating with demons. Only the uneducated believe in things like this

1 Like

Re: Woman Accused Of Witchcraft In Delta Stripped Unclad (Photos) by somegirl1: 6:41am On Sep 30, 2016
timeman:
SE & Stripping are siamese twins. They would strip common individuals but would not do so to their politicians. Land of the missing sun
Kiss the truth!
Urhobo is now part of the SE?

1 Like

Re: Woman Accused Of Witchcraft In Delta Stripped Unclad (Photos) by jordinsparkles(f): 7:01am On Sep 30, 2016
Even at this modern age, some people still behave like cave men and women. Why?
Re: Woman Accused Of Witchcraft In Delta Stripped Unclad (Photos) by omonnakoda: 7:10am On Sep 30, 2016
cyrilamx:
Guy in today United States, people cos of their unbelief in these preternatural powers and romancing with anything astral, has exposed them to all sorts of demonic attacks. In the beginning, they will think it just psychological problem only for the said psychologist to refer them to Catholic priest's for exorcism. Let be honest with our selves the lack of belief in existence of such is dangerous. Go to Italy and see the increasing case of people afflicted by these evil forces. Science, you are right, has come to disprove most of things hitherto attributed to witchcraft, but also by not believing in this black science or the occult practices especially in public, has give them room to fester. Most eminent scientists are occultists. No matter our level of advancement, witches do exist and in order to make it appealing, the whites now categorise them as white and black witches. For your info, witchcraft is studied in a university in California.
So how does this help the woman that is the subject of this thread? You think she should move to California
Re: Woman Accused Of Witchcraft In Delta Stripped Unclad (Photos) by Adeoba10(m): 7:16am On Sep 30, 2016
omonnakoda:
That is not relevant, some people believe and some don't you will not change anyone's mind and no one will change yours on that subject, no need to start an endless argument.

You don't go to a man's funeral and pass a message that when he was alive he had body odour. That is a foolish message, there is a correct time and place for everything. If you want to debate the reality of witches create a thread for that. It is insensitive and callous that the reality of witchcraft is the most important issue here and not the suffering of the woman. The issue is even if witches are real do we force them to confess by public lynching? Do we have a credible way of identifying witches so we can roast them or stone them to death?
I dont get it.... Who am i trying to convince dat witch n wizard are real? One of d reason why i dont quote nor mention ppl here on nairaland.
Re: Woman Accused Of Witchcraft In Delta Stripped Unclad (Photos) by timeman: 7:18am On Sep 30, 2016
@somegirl1, I couldn't imagine urhobo being igbo, but igbos claim almost everything. If it bears an igbo name, speak,shares neighbourhood, it's igbo, so does igbos claim... Not my fault either.
The truth has spoken!
Re: Woman Accused Of Witchcraft In Delta Stripped Unclad (Photos) by erico2k2(m): 7:28am On Sep 30, 2016
theoneJabulani:
were our witches and wizards on loan when the slave masters came? Besides, european believe in witchcraft died down centuries ago after the embarrassing Salem witch hunts. So why are we still stuck in such backwardness?
Stop assuming
this never did rather it's no longer an offence to practice with craft in England and Wales . It's still celibrated here.
Re: Woman Accused Of Witchcraft In Delta Stripped Unclad (Photos) by prof2015(m): 7:38am On Sep 30, 2016
benjamin007:
Suffer not a witch to live, undecided in other words in Spartan voice KILL THEM ALL
I hope say na you go do the killing. my people dey suffer because of lack of common sense.
Re: Woman Accused Of Witchcraft In Delta Stripped Unclad (Photos) by Oyimeoyimemua(f): 7:41am On Sep 30, 2016
the way we handle things in this country is disgusting.
Re: Woman Accused Of Witchcraft In Delta Stripped Unclad (Photos) by Nobody: 7:41am On Sep 30, 2016
walemoney007:
see the way an African man is thinking like oyinbo grin

By the time this witches handle you,you will start running from MFM to cele,and that's if you are lucky not to be killed
Africa is not Europe
Europeans are not Africans
hahaha. U so funny dear
Re: Woman Accused Of Witchcraft In Delta Stripped Unclad (Photos) by Nobody: 7:48am On Sep 30, 2016
I don't believe this bulshit. That woman isn't a witch. I just feel for her.
Re: Woman Accused Of Witchcraft In Delta Stripped Unclad (Photos) by 0kp0nku: 7:54am On Sep 30, 2016
HungerBAD:
Barbarians.

Do people really believe in witches and wizards?why do we give so much powers to none existence things?why are we Africans still shackled in the Caveman's mentality?

This is a clear case of a mentally challenged person,and instead of sympathy,and help to be offered to her,the perverts from this town stripped her of her clothes,so they can have a peep of her old privates.

Shame on them.

Are there no Police in this town?during my Service days,a mentally challenged man in the Community I usually give money or buy food for,one day whispered to me that he killed Herbert Macaulay. Herbert Macaulay died in 1946.

My point is. Mentally challenged people,say things they are not even aware they say.

This woman should be released to her relatives for treatment,instead of beating her into confessing what she knows nothing about.

U never see anything. Pray witches and wizards do not remember you.

1 Like

Re: Woman Accused Of Witchcraft In Delta Stripped Unclad (Photos) by johnbu: 7:56am On Sep 30, 2016
madridguy:
As African man, I believe in the existence of Witches/Wizard but since there is no physical proof to nail any accused person, beating this harmless woman is totally barbaric. I wish the woman can get justice.
u can plead for the justice,because your life has not be manipulated negatively by witchcraft
Re: Woman Accused Of Witchcraft In Delta Stripped Unclad (Photos) by frikpus: 7:57am On Sep 30, 2016
Dunno y we Nigerians n Africa at large love attributing every problem to witchcraft attack. That woman isn't a witch.
Re: Woman Accused Of Witchcraft In Delta Stripped Unclad (Photos) by Phonefanatic: 7:58am On Sep 30, 2016
histemple:

What is your definition of confession? The only legally binding and accepted confession is that which is done without threat of any kind, in the court.

That is why a person can deny a statement written at the police station and even allege that it was written under duress.

The truth is, if any activist takes this woman's case to court, all those who attacked the woman, will be sorry for themselves and they may even end up in jail.

You still don't get it probably because you haven't had a first hand experience. At first nobody threatens or inflict physical harm on this people, they make their confessions under no threat till it gets to a point where their atrocities generates a thunderstorm slap from the onlookers.

Like I said you haven't had a first hand experience and I don't expect anyone who grew in the city to know what I'm saying.
I pray you, your children or someone close to you experience firsthand witchcraft if that is what is needed to clear your doubts.

I have seen 2 women making confessions while growing up. One happens to be a popular woman that fries Akara at a busy junction. She's got absolutely no record of being deranged and one early morning she sat in front of her Akara shop confessing her atrocities which was 100% witchcraft. Nobody laid hand on her nor threatened to hit her single her shop was next to the police station.

To cut the story short the police came and took this woman of which she went back to her Akara business a week later but this time no one patronized her after a horrible confession. She didn't make it pass 2 weeks before she died mysteriously.
Re: Woman Accused Of Witchcraft In Delta Stripped Unclad (Photos) by LadyX(f): 7:58am On Sep 30, 2016
Dnnnn:

If you say witch no dey exist no Your fault. Let's say u sleep for bed after quarrel, wake up from bush d nxt morning your eye go clear.
This part of your comment is so funny grin grin grin
I can't help but laugh...if that happened to some doubting Thomases, they would be the ones to convince others about the existence of witchcraft
You made my morning cheesy
Re: Woman Accused Of Witchcraft In Delta Stripped Unclad (Photos) by Nobody: 8:00am On Sep 30, 2016
theoneJabulani:
Got better things to do than blaming my misfortune on innocent or imaginary beings. I would rather look for ways to correct and prevent such from happening again
okay
Re: Woman Accused Of Witchcraft In Delta Stripped Unclad (Photos) by Phonefanatic: 8:07am On Sep 30, 2016
Mindfulness:

In Europe people who suffer from psychosis get medication which enables them to function normally but these people believe in violence in the name of stewpidity.

Please educate me on the meaning of Exorcism. Does it have something to do with medical treatment?
Re: Woman Accused Of Witchcraft In Delta Stripped Unclad (Photos) by calliope(f): 8:08am On Sep 30, 2016
Mindfulness:

Educate them? Transition of knowledge comes along willingness to unlearn what's been learnt..they are too arrogant, dogmatic and unwilling to purge themselves of their stewpidity! SMH
Re: Woman Accused Of Witchcraft In Delta Stripped Unclad (Photos) by erico2k2(m): 8:13am On Sep 30, 2016
HungerBAD:

I lived in England for almost 10 Years,before relocating to where I am now for greener pasture years ago.

I am well conversant with their history of burning perceived witches. They did not know better then,until they knew better.

But that was Hundreds of Years ago,and in Nigeria it is happening in 2016.

I even flew one time to Romania,to visit Count Dracula's Castle, for Research on one of my School Dissertations then,just to ascertain if really he drank blood as widely believed.

Civilizations have moved pass this Barbaric level.

Don't know why the picture of this woman beat up like this,upset me in a personal way.

ehe
well if you check.I was only addressing the issue of the belief of witch craft and it existence in the UK . Now we both agree that there is a belief and practices of with craft till date 2016 however it is the person to on of witches that stopped not its belief
Re: Woman Accused Of Witchcraft In Delta Stripped Unclad (Photos) by somegirl1: 8:14am On Sep 30, 2016
timeman:
@somegirl1, I couldn't imagine urhobo being igbo, but igbos claim almost everything. If it bears an igbo name, speak,shares neighbourhood, it's igbo, so does igbos claim... Not my fault either.
The truth has spoken!

You stated South East not Igbo.
Appears you were merely seeking a reaction.
Happy to have made your morning.

1 Like

Re: Woman Accused Of Witchcraft In Delta Stripped Unclad (Photos) by erico2k2(m): 8:19am On Sep 30, 2016
Phonefanatic:

Please educate me on the meaning of Exorcism. Does it have something to do with medical treatment?
No it does not rather it's a more modern way of doing what these people are doing up there and in secrecy
Re: Woman Accused Of Witchcraft In Delta Stripped Unclad (Photos) by freecocoa(f): 8:24am On Sep 30, 2016
cococandy:

Me too.

I don't know if there is anything else anyone can say on this issue and those similar to it that's hasn't been said:
I'm honestly really tired. cry
My sister, it seems things are even getting worse. cry
Re: Woman Accused Of Witchcraft In Delta Stripped Unclad (Photos) by histemple: 8:24am On Sep 30, 2016
Phonefanatic:

You still don't get it probably because you haven't had a first hand experience. At first nobody threatens or inflict physical harm on this people, they make their confessions under no threat till it gets to a point where their atrocities generates a thunderstorm slap from the onlookers.

Like I said you haven't had a first hand experience and I don't expect anyone who grew in the city to know what I'm saying.
I pray you, your children or someone close to you experience firsthand witchcraft if that is what is needed to clear your doubts.

I have seen 2 women making confessions while growing up. One happens to be a popular woman that fries Akara at a busy junction. She's got absolutely no record of being deranged and one early morning she sat in front of her Akara shop confessing her atrocities which was 100% witchcraft. Nobody laid hand on her nor threatened to hit her single her shop was next to the police station.

To cut the story short the police came and took this woman of which she went back to her Akara business a week later but this time no one patronized her after a horrible confession. She didn't make it pass 2 weeks before she died mysteriously.

Perhaps you are thinking I am a foreigner, no I am not. In fact, I possibly might have more of such experience than you. I grew up in the village (very remote one at that) and so, I know about witches a lot. I know witches, juju and charms exist and nobody can doubt their existence because even the bible and Qur'an acknowledged their existence and efficacy.

If you read through my lines carefully, you will observe that I am only educating those attackers about the position of the law, because the court pretends not to know about their existence. Read our Criminal Code Act 213(b) where the law says only the accused can prove to be a witch or not.

As a lawyer, I can tell you that nobody has been able to prove a case of charms, juju or witchcraft. Anything abstract can't be proven in a court.

In the instant case, I am not doubting the possibility of voluntary confession but the part of bodily harm is where I have a legal problem.

1 Like

Re: Woman Accused Of Witchcraft In Delta Stripped Unclad (Photos) by timeman: 8:47am On Sep 30, 2016
@somegirl1, agreed,accepted i stated SE. The strippings & lynchings across the region informed my opinion. Of course, there's a night & day between Delta & SE arguably.(i only picked on the name though) But those last two lines of yours...geez!!. Do not even dare pad up your shoulders nor give me the "celeb wannabee"kinda. Lots of day's luck.
The truth has spoken!
Re: Woman Accused Of Witchcraft In Delta Stripped Unclad (Photos) by Phonefanatic: 8:55am On Sep 30, 2016
histemple:

Perhaps you are thinking I am a foreigner, no I am not. In fact, I possibly might have more of such experience than you. I grew up in the village (very remote one at that) and so, I know about witches a lot. I know witches, juju and charms exist and nobody can doubt their existence because even the bible and Qur'an acknowledged their existence and efficacy.

If you read through my lines carefully, you will observe that I am only educating those attackers about the position of the law, because the court pretends not to know about their existence. Read our Criminal Code Act 213(b) where the law says only the accused can prove to be a witch or not.

As a lawyer, I can tell you that nobody has been able to prove a case of charms, juju or witchcraft. Anything abstract can't be proven in a court.

In the instant case, I am not doubting the possibility of voluntary confession but the part of bodily harm is where I have a legal problem.

Now I understand you better.
Re: Woman Accused Of Witchcraft In Delta Stripped Unclad (Photos) by Vacora(m): 9:00am On Sep 30, 2016
May the pain and anguish of this elderly mother be visited on all those supporting her degrading treatment and assault. Thunder fire una!! Human beings are vile. See them claiming to know the mind of God and denouncing rational thinking and science as evil or foreign. Galileo una kill am because he postulated that earth is spherical instead of flat as demanded by the religious nut jobs i.e Christians. Mary Slessor had to preach against killing of twins in Nigeria because una been dey abandon dem for forest say dem evil? The Norwegian lady in Calabar has adopted countless orphans who abandon and label as witches? Na una go church pass.
Please spare me your religious rantings or bible quotes. What is the use of religion if it does not advance humanity and help your neighbour. After all your bible says love thy neighbour as thy self and this is considered the greatest lesson from Jesus. You sit here typing crap meanwhile you studied mathematics and sciences at school and they can be considered "witchcraft" too. Morons.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Popular Lagos Yahoo Boy, H-money Sentenced To 24 Years In Jail / Man Hangs Himself On A Tree At Lagos Airport Way This Morning (Graphic Photos) / 9 Animals That Committed Crimes And Were Caught Red-handed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.