Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,846 members, 7,820,950 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 04:45 AM

I Won't Marry My Girlfriend, She Doesn't Like To Cook, Clean Or Wash My Clothes - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I Won't Marry My Girlfriend, She Doesn't Like To Cook, Clean Or Wash My Clothes (8164 Views)

Man's Head Smashed While Fighting For His Girlfriend. She Takes Selfie With Him / "I Won't Marry A Man I Don't Have Sex With" - Nigerian Lady Reveals Why / Guys,10 Categories Of Ladies You Should Not Deflower If You Won't Marry Them (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Won't Marry My Girlfriend, She Doesn't Like To Cook, Clean Or Wash My Clothes by marvelck: 6:26am On Oct 08, 2016
A friend of mine was recently complaining about his girlfriend' attitude to me. He told me the girl cant do anything. That each time she visit him at home, she doesnt like to sweep his house, cook or wash his clothes. She just come and go without putting his apartment in order. She always leave the place the way it is or even worse, without trying to make it cleaner or better. He told me probably she's like that cos she is the first daughter in her family and hardly lift a finger to do anything at home, since she has younger siblings who do all the house chores and other things for her. I guess that's why she finds it difficult to do anything whenever she visits her boyfriend. All she does, is eat, watch TV, have fun, pass the night/ return to her place...And as a result, my friend is having a double mind about marrying such a girl...who cant cook, wash or clean his apartment for him .
Re: I Won't Marry My Girlfriend, She Doesn't Like To Cook, Clean Or Wash My Clothes by Jamean(f): 6:34am On Oct 08, 2016
Lol!
What shall we not read on nairaland.

So, the primary purpose of a lady you claim to be in a love relationship with visiting you is to cook for you, wash your clothes and tidy your apartment you scattered yourself. I thought those meetings was basically to spend quality time with your partner but obviously you expect her to be a domestic servant. People just choose the wrong relationship battle these days, things you do for your partner should be borne out of care and assistance. Just as you're not under obligation to sort her bills.

What happened to you doing your cleaning yourself? You're not married to her so she's under no obligation, it should be at her discretion. Btw, not doing those things doesn't mean she can't do them, my sister before she got married didn't use to lift a finger in the house because she had us younger ones, but now her house is impeccable, there's always food. Even myself now, I don't lift a finger at home, I'm even served food. I've done all the growing up chores at some point and cooking that I don't need to prove myself to anyone now.

You see, a lot of ladies are now aware these days that CCW doesn't in anyway guarantee the ring, it may just be an invitation to a treat for the man so why bother. Although, she can just do some arrangements touches cause for me I won't sit in a mad house.

If she's your wife and fails to do those things then you have a case, otherwise discharged and acquainted. OP stop complaining (it is you, not a friend) clean your house and prepare food so you both can have a wonderful date.

18 Likes 4 Shares

Re: I Won't Marry My Girlfriend, She Doesn't Like To Cook, Clean Or Wash My Clothes by UndisputedBosom(m): 6:38am On Oct 08, 2016
Release that girl from your posession you "evil spirit" so that she can meet her future husband that'll impact knowledge to her and stop wastin her time(and be choppin and widenin her front door) angry

Pun or no pun intended undecided

2 Likes

Re: I Won't Marry My Girlfriend, She Doesn't Like To Cook, Clean Or Wash My Clothes by alberto2k(m): 6:38am On Oct 08, 2016
Your friend needs to wake up and face the reality of Today, most ladies no even sabi cook Indomie angry

1 Like

Re: I Won't Marry My Girlfriend, She Doesn't Like To Cook, Clean Or Wash My Clothes by paschal47(m): 6:39am On Oct 08, 2016
being the first daughter is no excuse at all, in fact first daughters do more house chores than the younger siblings.

don't usually know why some girls say this 'I'll not wash a man's clothes or sweep his house if he is not married to me', but you like visiting for the weekend and spend his money. for God's sake stay in your house and stop being a burden to the young man, no man likes a liability and won't settle with one.

OP this is what I have for you, tell your friend that his girlfriend is a pig and a dirty one at that.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Won't Marry My Girlfriend, She Doesn't Like To Cook, Clean Or Wash My Clothes by Chrisrare: 6:42am On Oct 08, 2016
Women r becoming too useless dis days. If she cant do all dat for him of wot use is she to him? His sex machine??

8 Likes

Re: I Won't Marry My Girlfriend, She Doesn't Like To Cook, Clean Or Wash My Clothes by ikp120(m): 6:50am On Oct 08, 2016
Why will she be washing clothes and doing chores for the guy, is she his wife or maid?

That's how boys use girls and dump them. Using a girl is not just about sex. Some of these nonsense guys expect their gf to do are part of using a girl.

The guy no dey even shame to think a girl he isn't married to should be fixing his house for him.

I see these girls in school and I smh.

My advice to girls is to stop all these doing of chores in their bf's house except they just want to do it.

14 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Won't Marry My Girlfriend, She Doesn't Like To Cook, Clean Or Wash My Clothes by Nobody: 6:54am On Oct 08, 2016
ikp120:
Why will she be washing clothes and doing chores for the guy, is she his wife or maid?

That's how boys use girls and dump them. Using a girl is not just about sex. Some of these nonsense guys expect their gf to do are part of using a girl.

The guy no dey even shame to think a girl he is married to should be fixing his house for him.

My advice to girls is to stop all these doing of chores in their bf's house except they just want to do it.
Ding!! Ding Ding!!!! We have a winner!!!!
~~
Honestly,im moved you think like this....yer a guy.

3 Likes

Re: I Won't Marry My Girlfriend, She Doesn't Like To Cook, Clean Or Wash My Clothes by Jamean(f): 6:56am On Oct 08, 2016
ikp120:

The guy no dey even shame to think a girl he is married to should be fixing his house for him.

Good this is coming from a man; some of these so called men don't even have any value to add to the ladies life but want to enjoy 100% marital benefits.
Re: I Won't Marry My Girlfriend, She Doesn't Like To Cook, Clean Or Wash My Clothes by Nobody: 6:56am On Oct 08, 2016
ikp120:

are u normal? So telling me that your gf not just ordinary frnd ooo.. Your gf passes the NYT in your place she cant even lift a finger? This guy woman go use u well well,. Its your type that will wash clean even and the babe go cross leg u go say nah love.. But she will ask for everything in the world but little thing to help out with no way.. Not like its everyday. Or she's living with. Just few hours go kill her..

I troway yarsh for u my brother.. Your a good bf and wonderful hubby to come.. No offence

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Won't Marry My Girlfriend, She Doesn't Like To Cook, Clean Or Wash My Clothes by telemapreye1(f): 6:56am On Oct 08, 2016
Girlfriend not slave Biko

They aren't married yet so he dosen't have any fvcking right to subject her into doing a wife job.

2 Likes

Re: I Won't Marry My Girlfriend, She Doesn't Like To Cook, Clean Or Wash My Clothes by telemapreye1(f): 6:57am On Oct 08, 2016
ikp120:

God will needs you
Re: I Won't Marry My Girlfriend, She Doesn't Like To Cook, Clean Or Wash My Clothes by Nobody: 6:58am On Oct 08, 2016
Loool you men are funny.
She is not obligated to do all that, get a maid. She is a girlfriend you never even promote am to fiancee sef....besides...on another thread,some people are saying women should start doing bricklayer work because no man needs a liability....oh well, if the given norm has changed from man being the provider,then why should the woman be his helpmeet?(caregiver of the house) she will go and do bricklayer work while you hire someone else o do the chores

4 Likes

Re: I Won't Marry My Girlfriend, She Doesn't Like To Cook, Clean Or Wash My Clothes by ikp120(m): 7:01am On Oct 08, 2016
ILuvGummyBears:
Ding!! Ding Ding!!!! We have a winner!!!!
~~
Honestly,im moved you think like this....yer a guy.

The guy should even be ashamed that his girl visited him when his house was dirty and unkempt.

3 Likes

Re: I Won't Marry My Girlfriend, She Doesn't Like To Cook, Clean Or Wash My Clothes by Nobody: 7:03am On Oct 08, 2016
ikp120:

The guy should even be ashamed that his girl visited him when his house was dirty and unkempt.
uhm ..... You wanna get married?
Cuz right now i belive you are the 1 grin

1 Like

Re: I Won't Marry My Girlfriend, She Doesn't Like To Cook, Clean Or Wash My Clothes by RENOWNED2(m): 7:05am On Oct 08, 2016
That girl is not wife material, dump her!! undecided

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Won't Marry My Girlfriend, She Doesn't Like To Cook, Clean Or Wash My Clothes by Nobody: 7:09am On Oct 08, 2016
ILuvGummyBears:
uhm ..... You wanna het married?
Cuz right now i belive you are the 1 grin
Well well looks like someone got banned
Re: I Won't Marry My Girlfriend, She Doesn't Like To Cook, Clean Or Wash My Clothes by xreal: 7:10am On Oct 08, 2016
Marry her and regret it for the rest of ur life.

Those who condemn women doing house chores, na ur papa bin dey cook and baff una dat year?

9 Likes

Re: I Won't Marry My Girlfriend, She Doesn't Like To Cook, Clean Or Wash My Clothes by Nobody: 7:12am On Oct 08, 2016
Babzilla:

Well well looks like someone got banned
yeah that PIG bifrabushboy got me banned tell the 15th
Re: I Won't Marry My Girlfriend, She Doesn't Like To Cook, Clean Or Wash My Clothes by ikp120(m): 7:14am On Oct 08, 2016
smithsydny:
are u normal? So telling me that your gf not just ordinary frnd ooo.. Your gf passes the NYT in your place she cant even lift a finger? This guy woman go use u well well,. Its your type that will wash clean even and the babe go cross leg u go say nah love.. But she will ask for everything in the world but little thing to help out with no way.. Not like its everyday. Or she's living with. Just few hours go kill her..

I troway yarsh for u my brother.. Your a good bf and wonderful hubby to come.. No offence

C'mon, that's not her house. So if you want her to help you do anything, kindly and politely ask her to help you do it. If she agrees, good for you. But if she refuses, no vex, no be her work. Just the same way if she ask you for money you have the right to tell her no. No be your job to give her money.

Later you will dump her after she don do maid work finish.

Before any person can enter my room, it must be sweet. Shame no dey catch you? Abi you be one kind of reckless guy?

"Everything I do na standardi"

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Won't Marry My Girlfriend, She Doesn't Like To Cook, Clean Or Wash My Clothes by Nobody: 7:18am On Oct 08, 2016
ILuvGummyBears:
yeah that PIG bifrabushboy got me banned tell the 15th
WowThis is the first time Im seeing you call someine names... mustve upset you pretty bad undecided
Re: I Won't Marry My Girlfriend, She Doesn't Like To Cook, Clean Or Wash My Clothes by Nobody: 7:21am On Oct 08, 2016
Babzilla:

WowThis is the first time Im seeing you call someine names... mustve upset you pretty bad undecided
hmmm? Nah. I was angry before though.
Now im just pickin' grin
I know he hate that and now he got me banned that his new name.
Re: I Won't Marry My Girlfriend, She Doesn't Like To Cook, Clean Or Wash My Clothes by Nobody: 7:30am On Oct 08, 2016
Mtcheeeeeew... So u won ur babe to be ur housegirl abi. Mumu... U go scatter house then want her to come arrange am. U are mad

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Won't Marry My Girlfriend, She Doesn't Like To Cook, Clean Or Wash My Clothes by ikp120(m): 7:30am On Oct 08, 2016
xreal:
Marry her and regret it for the rest of ur life.

Those who condemn women doing house chores, na ur papa bin dey cook and baff una dat year?

Bro, wife na wife; girlfriend na girlfriend.

Every woman knows that she is to ensure that her home is tidy and that food dey when they need food because she is now permanently part of the man, so they share responsibilities to ensure the family is cool.

But for bf/gf matter, 2 of you are just seeing each other. Any of you get the right to tear race anytime you tire. No be after she don do all the work finish the you go com tell am sorry. Na wickedness be that.
Also the guy, who asked you to be spending money on her in the first place? She be your wife? Abi na ashawo she be?

Gf is not equal to wife.
Bf is not equal to husband.

All na wash, no dey waste your money and time unnecessarily

1 Like

Re: I Won't Marry My Girlfriend, She Doesn't Like To Cook, Clean Or Wash My Clothes by Nobody: 7:31am On Oct 08, 2016
I knw many gals wll support the lady, that's why majority of them are still single.
The facts is dat, what a girl/lady is doing during the courtship/relationship expect more of it when u get married.
Does point mentioned by the Op are parts of qualities 2 be observe in any lady.
Mind u, marriage is meant 2 be enjoy not 2 endure.

5 Likes

Re: I Won't Marry My Girlfriend, She Doesn't Like To Cook, Clean Or Wash My Clothes by Nobody: 7:32am On Oct 08, 2016
ILuvGummyBears:
Now im just pickin' grin
i don open thread for people wey dem ban... Go my profile
Re: I Won't Marry My Girlfriend, She Doesn't Like To Cook, Clean Or Wash My Clothes by Nobody: 7:46am On Oct 08, 2016
ILuvGummyBears:
Now im just pickin' grin
Hehehe.. angry puff
Re: I Won't Marry My Girlfriend, She Doesn't Like To Cook, Clean Or Wash My Clothes by mamuzoOMAH(m): 7:57am On Oct 08, 2016
op that's ur own. for me, I do my chores myself. my house is always sparkling clean anytime she's coming. however, when ever she's around she does the cleaning maybe after eating or those little chores. I wash my clothes myself I don't like people washing my clothes. she doesn't need to wash my clothes when we are married, we will surely get one. as for the cooking, I do it myself. She's coming over, I have to cook for her except on special occasions when she requests for that. When I go over to her place she cooks for me. OP I no know why una go dey bother una self for little little things like this. una go use una hand spoil una rellationship

1 Like 1 Share

Re: I Won't Marry My Girlfriend, She Doesn't Like To Cook, Clean Or Wash My Clothes by Nobody: 7:59am On Oct 08, 2016
Now I know you love attention...
Re: I Won't Marry My Girlfriend, She Doesn't Like To Cook, Clean Or Wash My Clothes by Nobody: 8:01am On Oct 08, 2016
Relationships these days is becoming like a job interview.
While Marriage is the job offer.
Boy meet girl, boy likes girl, boy asks girl about herself and girl tells all. Boy is impressed and asked girl to be his girlfriend. Girl checks boy out, his cute, has a job and a car, girl is impressed and accepts to be his girlfriend.

Now when you go for a job interview, aren't you supposed to put in your best to prove to your prospective employer that you have the necessary skills to do the job?
Because I bet you, if that guy does not have the necessary skills to maintain a girlfriend that girl would never have agreed to date him. Just like if you see a company that couldn't pay you well, you'd never apply to be employed there.

The guy has done his part to let the girl know he'd make a good partner, the ball is in the girls court to prove she too would make a good partner. It's not about slavery, it's about proving your worth grin. A real woman would know how to navigate these waters, she doesn't have to do it all but not doing at all is a bad sign.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Won't Marry My Girlfriend, She Doesn't Like To Cook, Clean Or Wash My Clothes by Mrrespect(m): 8:04am On Oct 08, 2016
Good ladies don't want to pretend again. Gone are the days that they Would do anything jst to get that ring nd before u knw it they would show you their real characters.
Re: I Won't Marry My Girlfriend, She Doesn't Like To Cook, Clean Or Wash My Clothes by Nature8(m): 8:07am On Oct 08, 2016
ikp120:

Apart from washing his cloths, if she can't cook or clean his house for him, she's nothing but a waste..

Wait, you mean she should be sleeping and watching Tv, then I go dey clean house and cook for her.. After cooking, I'll call her to come and eat abi? Yes, I'm not romantic at all.. But Bro, don't be a woman wrapper..

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

EXPOSED!! See Photos Of The Girl With The BIGGEST Breast On Social Media / What's The Weirdest Thing You've Ever Seen Someone Selling (18+) Pictures / Ladies Pls Help Me To Answer This About Breast, Guys U Can Talk Too

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.