Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,505 members, 7,812,556 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:20 PM

What Do You Women Really Want With 'feminism' - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Do You Women Really Want With 'feminism' (4743 Views)

Don't Blame Men Who Treat the kind of you Women As WASTE BIN. / The Meaning Of The Veil That You Women Wear During Church Welding. / 10 Deep Questions To Ask If You Really Want To Get To Know Someone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Do You Women Really Want With 'feminism' by RichieDaVinci01(m): 11:22pm On Oct 09, 2016
Equality or feminism can never work in Africa if it does work overseas

I take you on a date and you demand that I pay completely and you want equality...... pfft hypocrisy if he complains you say he's broke(which may be true)but still why not divide the bill but what will you say 'he's a man and he should foot the bill' that's where your problem starts

You say you want a Rich man for a boyfriend when you yourself earn peanuts or none....he pays for everything rent,blah blah and you want him to treat you equally pffft...hell naaaah

I support Feminism 'cause It'll remove burden from the shoulders of a man...but before you go about shouting 'I am a Feminist' think about it..what do you contribute to the table,to the society....if you don't contribute you can never be treated equally

4 Likes

Re: What Do You Women Really Want With 'feminism' by Beamborla(f): 11:28pm On Oct 09, 2016
YorubaDemon:
you talked about inheritance not your own money, if its your own its your own but your fathers money cant fall into the hands of the in-laws, thats why the male kids are prioritized, from kings to even normal human beings all over the world thats the way

i was expecting that, you feminist like berlynn are always running to issues of rape and human trafficking as the core purposes meanwhile we both know that both men and women are raped and trafficked

in the bible why wasn't samuel sent to anoint a female queen why is there no female profhet? or why are women banned from entering the temple where The tabernacle is kept?

we are not equal , we were never made to be equals
This is the hypocrisy of we mortals.
Can we leave the Bible out of this?
You said male child should be priotized over me because I'm a female and whatever given to me would fall into the hands of my in-laws, right?

But it's right for my family to collect from my in laws, it's okay for them to call me and bug me over their kids school fees, it's cruel if my husband decides not to help any of them when his help is needed. Abi? I'm the only link and I'm not that valuable to them.

Why did God tear the cloth used to cover the temple when he died?

Yes both male and females get raped. Males get rapped more by men these days. Females get rapped by then. Innocent young girls are being kidnapped daily and sold into prostitution, they are being forced into marriage, parents use them as way out of poverty

Truth is arguing with you over this is a futile effort, your reasoning is shocking and alarming. Where do I even start from?
Re: What Do You Women Really Want With 'feminism' by latsy: 11:49pm On Oct 09, 2016
YorubaDemon:
selfish interest is what motivates such thinking, no be lie, for bible no woman was ever the head shocked
Haven't you read about Miriam and Deborah ?

Feminity originally is about equality in opportunity and reward.
It simply means a person shouldn't be discriminated against
because of their gender.
What I don't understand is why some men feel threatened by
feminism.
Re: What Do You Women Really Want With 'feminism' by cyprus000: 1:24am On Oct 10, 2016
[size=13pt][b]
Equity i irrevocably stand for, but the day my woman comes home to yap 'feminism,' that's the day I'll bundle her and send her straight to wherever her father house is located, cos I've infinitesimal tolerance for inanity.

Feminism is nothing but an aegis for men-hating and men-demeaning campaign.
A conglomeration of low-lifes, whose paramount goal is to encumber and see men crawl with ineffable pain, all for their insatiable appetite, inebriated with raw bile, potent enough to sniff outta every breathing thing.

we can all see palpable feminist society in the west. A place where guillotine deserving aberrant caricature of nature,who pride their stultifying selfs as males, are now endangered specie.
Feminism is a futile quest here. This is Africa. Responsibility, principle and value for the opposite sex is our waving standard. We hold our women at high esteem here. Heck, what position or social role men reach that women can't attain?
Is it president, education,property acquisition etc, or what? Cos I sincerely can't deduce what the hullabaloo is all about? why the incessant dickk measuring; I mean, why not take the pseudo-women right campaign to middle east where women are rap*d and punished for being rap*d
*a place where the girl child is barred from attending school
*a place where women can't go out except in company of her husband or relative.
*a place where women can't drive or participate in sports.

It's overt that these gullible wannabe feminist, are nothing but western stooges, unleashed to pest on the order of nature and apt principle.
They're malignant growth that needs to be uprooted with profoundest contempt.

[/b][/size]

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Do You Women Really Want With 'feminism' by cherryblossoms: 11:59pm On Oct 10, 2016
I suppose it means different things to different people. I'm not embarassed to call myself a feminist. the world is changing but unfortunately in some counties not as fast as it should be. Thankfully Nigeria isn't one of the countries and we as women are pretty much free to do as we please. If I was for instance born in a country where women aren't allowed to go to school or marry who they choose, I doubt I would survive it.

Still, we still have some ways to go in areas of marriage, being in more positions of critical decision making but I suspect this has more to do with us as women knowing we are capable of these things.

I'm a feminist doesn't mean I don't need a man or I don't appreciate the importance of male and female relationships. it means I believe I'm your equal and should be treated as such, regardless of whether you are physically stronger than me, make more money than I do.

It's not fight. we can only all get along if we treat each other with respect that we are all due.

So to answer the OP's question. What do feminists want?

It's for you not to act superior simply because you have a cock. Lol
Re: What Do You Women Really Want With 'feminism' by Nobody: 12:02am On Oct 11, 2016
smh. These feminists are pushing it. you give em a step..they wanna go a mile.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Women Really Want With 'feminism' by cherryblossoms: 12:08am On Oct 11, 2016
I suppose it means different things to different people. I'm not embarassed to call myself a feminist. the world is changing but unfortunately in some counties not as fast as it should be. Thankfully Nigeria isn't one of the countries and we as women are pretty much free to do as we please. If I was for instance born in a country where women aren't allowed to go to school or marry who they choose, I doubt I would survive it.

Still, we still have some ways to go in areas of marriage, being in more positions of critical decision making but I suspect this has more to do with us as women knowing we are capable of these things.

I'm a feminist doesn't mean I don't need a man or I don't appreciate the importance of male and female relationships. it means I believe I'm your equal and should be treated as such, regardless of whether you are physically stronger than me, make more money than I do.

It's not fight. we can only all get along if we treat each other with respect that we are all due.

So to answer the OP's question. What do feminists want?

It's for you not to act superior simply because you have a cock. Lol
Re: What Do You Women Really Want With 'feminism' by tosyne2much(m): 12:22am On Oct 11, 2016
Beamborla:

What do I have to say about feminism.

...feminism wouldn't be a problem today if women have not been repressed back to back from time immemorial. Feminism seek to liberate women from the yoke placed on them by the society... Yes, women are part of the problem.

I can go on and on but one thing I have to say is that any man who is not a misogyn or a potential one wouldn't feel threatened by the movement.

Women are not asking to be the head, they are simply asking to be treated equally. Since the society won't take equity as an option. Don't deny me a job because of my virgina, don't deny me a promotion I deserve because men would be under my control... don't place limitations on me because of my gender. Don't count me out of my inheritance because I'm a lady, don't think of me as less a child because I don't own a dick.

Moreover, guys these days want a woman who is independent, support the family financially, massage his ego, run the home seamlessly without a voice of her own...kolewerk. You can't eat your cake and still have it.

If you can't give equality, give equity.

I however do not have to agree with all of their ideologies to identify with them.
With due respect, your comment is faulted ma... To be very candid, what do women really want after native, customary, constitutional and constitutional laws were made to protect women from harm and assault in the society .. . Also, in the place of work, women enjoy certain rights and privileges for having kitty-cats which men will never have the privilege to enjoy

The reason behind this myopic fight for equality is selective because most women naturally can't withstand the amount of strength, power and perseverance needed to attain greatness yet they want to attain the same height with just little effort. Things don't work that way

You want equality whereby women will be allowed to go to the war front to wrestle with boko haram shey? You must be a joker
Re: What Do You Women Really Want With 'feminism' by Nobody: 12:27am On Oct 11, 2016
i still wonder y any woman wud think or pretend she is equal to a man...
WE ALWAZ HAVE BIN FAR SUPERIOR!
#donttamperwithourrights

1 Like

Re: What Do You Women Really Want With 'feminism' by Beamborla(f): 7:20am On Oct 11, 2016
tosyne2much:
With due respect, your comment is faulted ma... To be very candid, what do women really want after native, customary, constitutional and constitutional laws were made to protect women from harm and assault in the society .. . Also, in the place of work, women enjoy certain rights and privileges for having kitty-cats which men will never have the privilege to enjoy

The reason behind this myopic fight for equality is selective because most women naturally can't withstand the amount of strength, power and perseverance needed to attain greatness yet they want to attain the same height with just little effort. Things don't work that way

You want equality whereby women will be allowed to go to the war front to wrestle with boko haram shey? You must be a joker
The laws are there but they are ineffective. The laws only protect the interest of the men in the women... Privileges in places of work? You talk as if u don't know what they do to earn them most times

How comes war front is all you guys use as a point? Ladies have been signing up for the armed forces, so if she's willing to go fight, by all means.
Re: What Do You Women Really Want With 'feminism' by shumuel(m): 10:56am On Oct 11, 2016
tosyne2much:

Spot on bro, your last paragraph was the winner,, don't mind these ladies they don't know what they want.

Love and faithfulness is what we all should be praying on not who should be head or equal.
Re: What Do You Women Really Want With 'feminism' by cherryblossoms: 12:22pm On Oct 11, 2016
tosyne2much:

You started with due respect and then referred to her views as myopic and then called her a joker. this is one of the things I'm talking about. the automatic assumption that men know better and we don't know what's good for us or our own minds. That we are somehow lesser because we are women.

We aren't lesser and I can understand to you it feels like we have grown wings but I suspect you're not gonna change your mind and maybe we should stop trying to. More and more women are waking up and realising their potential. It doesn't matter what we choose to do with our lives the important thing is that we have 100 percent control over it.
In time I believe the future generation of men will all see us as equals. until then it doesn't matter what anyone says, I refuse to feel inferior or act like so.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Women Really Want With 'feminism' by tosyne2much(m): 12:34pm On Oct 11, 2016
cherryblossoms:

You started with due respect and then referred to her views as myopic and then called her a joker. this is one of the things I'm talking about. the automatic assumption that men know better and we don't know what's good for us or our own minds. That we are somehow lesser because we are women.

We aren't lesser and I can understand to you it feels like we have grown wings but I suspect you're not gonna change your mind and maybe we should stop trying to. More and more women are waking up and realising their potential. It doesn't matter what we choose to do with our lives the important thing is that we have 100 percent control over it.
In time I believe the future generation of men will all see us as equals. until then it doesn't matter what anyone says, I refuse to feel inferior or act like so.
First and foremost, I never referred to her as being myopic, I only said that the feminists advocate for gender equality is myopic
and selective

Back to the matter, I think women are only demanding too much just because they feel they have vaginas. The last time I checked, I don't think women are ever deprived of getting to the peak of their dreams. The only thing I can agree to is the fact that several laws are made to restrain ladies from some societal activities just to protect them.

Any woman that wants to enjoy the privilege of a man should be ready to pay the sacrifice not by cutting corners of pity or the weaker vessels
Re: What Do You Women Really Want With 'feminism' by YorubaDemon(m): 2:00pm On Oct 11, 2016
WindUpMerchant:
smh. These feminists are pushing it. you give em a step..they wanna go a mile.
said it all bro

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Do You Women Really Want With 'feminism' by YorubaDemon(m): 2:01pm On Oct 11, 2016
RichieDaVinci01:

I take you on a date and you demand that I pay completely and you want equality...... pfft hypocrisy if he complains you say he's broke(which may be true)but still why not divide the bill but what will you say 'he's a man and he should foot the bill' that's where your problem starts

You say you want a Rich man for a boyfriend when you yourself earn peanuts or none....he pays for everything rent,blah blah and you want him to treat you equally pffft...hell naaaah

I support Feminism 'cause It'll remove burden from the shoulders of a man...but before you go about shouting 'I am a Feminist' think about it..what do you contribute to the table,to the society....if you don't contribute you can never be treated equally
exactly bro but women dont want to understand that remaining in their natural position is beneficial to them
Re: What Do You Women Really Want With 'feminism' by YorubaDemon(m): 2:02pm On Oct 11, 2016
FlawesomE:
#donttamperwithourrights
big lie cheesy
Re: What Do You Women Really Want With 'feminism' by Nobody: 2:20pm On Oct 11, 2016
YorubaDemon:
big lie cheesy
kip deceiving ursef
Re: What Do You Women Really Want With 'feminism' by YorubaDemon(m): 5:25pm On Oct 11, 2016
RichieDaVinci01:

women; they want our money plus equal pay cheesy
Re: What Do You Women Really Want With 'feminism' by Nobody: 6:50pm On Oct 11, 2016
latsy:

Haven't you read about Miriam and Deborah ?

Feminity originally is about equality in opportunity and reward.
It simply means a person shouldn't be discriminated against
because of their gender.
What I don't understand is why some men feel threatened by
feminism.

their is no element of submissiveness in equality ... moreova God instruct woman to b submissive to there man . hw on earth wil equality nt hinder.
one thing i jus luv about nigeria men is ,,we kick feminist bullshit back to there father houses .
they even av a name of there own ...fe-MALE,,wo-MAN,,MEN-opause,,MEN-struation as if that is nt enuf a woman drops her father last name only to carry another man's last name,,
we are never equals,,BUT i stand with 0% maltreating of females.
Re: What Do You Women Really Want With 'feminism' by RichieDaVinci01(m): 7:11pm On Oct 11, 2016
YorubaDemon:
no mind dem jareee
Re: What Do You Women Really Want With 'feminism' by RichieDaVinci01(m): 7:12pm On Oct 11, 2016
YorubaDemon:
no mind dem jareee......if we treat them the way we treat ourselves ehn!...make I norr even talk
Re: What Do You Women Really Want With 'feminism' by Nobody: 8:22pm On Oct 11, 2016
Feminism is not meant for the religious folks undecided....because the bible or religion contradicts everything that a feminist stands for....if you are religious and support feminism, you are just confused and contradicting yourself undecided
Re: What Do You Women Really Want With 'feminism' by Nobody: 8:26pm On Oct 11, 2016
I don't understand too ....I've always known that women are the most superior species in the human race....so the men are right, women are not equal to men but superior smiley
FlawesomE:
#donttamperwithourrights

1 Like

Re: What Do You Women Really Want With 'feminism' by Nobody: 8:28pm On Oct 11, 2016
kiss
cherryblossoms:

Re: What Do You Women Really Want With 'feminism' by Nobody: 8:44pm On Oct 11, 2016
ItsQuinn:
I don't understand too ....I've always known that women are the most superior species in the human race....so the men are right, women are not equal to men but superior smiley
Elucidate for me!

How "women" are the superior species! #Reciprocity
Re: What Do You Women Really Want With 'feminism' by Nobody: 8:49pm On Oct 11, 2016
We don't have to work hard and sweat to get what we want.... life and nature is always in our favour
Life is easy for us, we get what we want whenever we want
The women always benefit, the men never benefit
This is my own definition of being superior smiley
bbmpin:

Elucidate for me!

How "women" are the superior species! #Reciprocity
Re: What Do You Women Really Want With 'feminism' by senibo1: 9:06pm On Oct 11, 2016
ItsQuinn:
We don't have to work hard and sweat to get what we want.... life and nature is always in our favour
Life is easy for us, we get what we want whenever we want
The women always benefit, the men never benefit
This is my own definition of being superior smiley
I don't wanna call you dumb, I will laugh over this

3 Likes

Re: What Do You Women Really Want With 'feminism' by YorubaDemon(m): 9:08pm On Oct 11, 2016
senibo1:
dont mind them no sensible meaning for feminism

1 Like

Re: What Do You Women Really Want With 'feminism' by Nobody: 9:15pm On Oct 11, 2016
But its the truth though smiley True or yes? smiley
senibo1:
Re: What Do You Women Really Want With 'feminism' by senibo1: 9:15pm On Oct 11, 2016
YorubaDemon:
dont mind them no sensible meaning for feminism
they're just confused being screaming feminist only online, who takes them serious these days?

imagine the poo she wrote about women been superior to men, gwad have mercy grin

2 Likes

Re: What Do You Women Really Want With 'feminism' by YorubaDemon(m): 9:17pm On Oct 11, 2016
senibo1:
they're just confused being screaming feminist only online, who takes them serious these days?

imagine the poo she wrote about women been superior to men, gwad have mercy grin
you talk am finish they are confused, just seeking attention, you too done join bbmpin dey call people opinion poo cheesy

1 Like

Re: What Do You Women Really Want With 'feminism' by YorubaDemon(m): 9:19pm On Oct 11, 2016
ItsQuinn:
But its the truth though smiley True or yes? smiley
thats poo

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Lady Hold Her Fiance's Neck, Covers His Face In Pre-wedding Pictures / Shock As University Student Releases List Of Men She Infected With HIV/AIDS [pho / See Nnamdi Kanu Polo That Cost 828 Thousand Naira

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 76
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.