Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,449 members, 7,812,376 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:26 PM

What Do You Women Really Want With 'feminism' - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / What Do You Women Really Want With 'feminism' (4737 Views)

Don't Blame Men Who Treat the kind of you Women As WASTE BIN. / The Meaning Of The Veil That You Women Wear During Church Welding. / 10 Deep Questions To Ask If You Really Want To Get To Know Someone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Do You Women Really Want With 'feminism' by YorubaDemon(m): 12:27pm On Oct 12, 2016
Cully408:
I knw u re a female dats y i said am waiting to hear (HER) response
cheesy spot on
Re: What Do You Women Really Want With 'feminism' by freeman95(m): 12:27pm On Oct 12, 2016
YorubaDemon:
they have invented a few things but the capabilities of both men and women differ thats my own

what useful thing have they invented?
Re: What Do You Women Really Want With 'feminism' by Cully408(m): 12:27pm On Oct 12, 2016
YorubaDemon:
i dont blame you, see the nonsense that you are saying
I wonder if she is trying to tell me her sister has been funding her school fee and accommodation right from the day she was given birth to, women never cease to amaze me.
Re: What Do You Women Really Want With 'feminism' by YorubaDemon(m): 12:29pm On Oct 12, 2016
freeman95:

what useful thing have they invented?
see the populars ones notice how all the things they invented are feminine

Inventor Invention Year
Adeline D. T. Whitney Alphabet Blocks 1882
Virginia Apgar Apgar Tests, Which Evaluate A Baby’s Health Upon Birth 1952
Ruth Wakefield Chocolate Chip Cookies 1930
Tabitha Babbitt Circular Saw 1812
Josephine Cochran Dishwasher 1872
Marion Donovan Disposable Diaper 1950
Ida Forbes Electric Hot Water Heater 1917
Mary Walton Elevated Railway 1881
Re: What Do You Women Really Want With 'feminism' by YorubaDemon(m): 12:30pm On Oct 12, 2016
Cully408:
I wonder if she is trying to tell me her sister has been funding her school fee and accommodation right from the day she was given birth to, women never cease to amaze me.
bro dont mind her
Re: What Do You Women Really Want With 'feminism' by YorubaDemon(m): 12:31pm On Oct 12, 2016
the best cooks in the world are men self
Re: What Do You Women Really Want With 'feminism' by freeman95(m): 12:31pm On Oct 12, 2016
YorubaDemon:

see the populars ones notice how all the things they invented are feminine

Inventor Invention Year
Adeline D. T. Whitney Alphabet Blocks 1882
Virginia Apgar Apgar Tests, Which Evaluate A Baby’s Health Upon Birth 1952
Ruth Wakefield Chocolate Chip Cookies 1930
Tabitha Babbitt Circular Saw 1812
Josephine Cochran Dishwasher 1872
Marion Donovan Disposable Diaper 1950
Ida Forbes Electric Hot Water Heater 1917
Mary Walton Elevated Railway 1881

everything here is bullshite if u ask me haha
i never used any of this crapp

men made virtually everything, feminism is shite... lets stop creating unecessary 'words'
Re: What Do You Women Really Want With 'feminism' by YorubaDemon(m): 12:33pm On Oct 12, 2016
freeman95:

everything here is bullshite if u ask me haha
i never used any of this crapp

men made virtually everything, feminism is shite... lets stop creating unecessary 'words'
cheesy so far we have proved that feminism is crap NO girl has come and made a decent sensible argument defending the nonsense notion

1 Like

Re: What Do You Women Really Want With 'feminism' by YorubaDemon(m): 12:35pm On Oct 12, 2016
cc lalasticala seun pls we need answers move this to front page
Re: What Do You Women Really Want With 'feminism' by freeman95(m): 12:36pm On Oct 12, 2016
YorubaDemon:
cheesy so far we have proved that feminism is crap NO girl has come and made a decent sensible argument defending the nonsense notion

jhahaha the only thing they are good at is seeking attention

1 Like

Re: What Do You Women Really Want With 'feminism' by Uniben4sure: 12:56pm On Oct 12, 2016
Cully408:
I knw u re a female dats y i said am waiting to hear (HER) response
The problem with you Nigerian "men" is INSECURITY. If not, you won't have any qualms with gender equality which is what feminism stands for.

It's about giving women equal opportunities in employment, promotion, politics, business etc. I don't think any real man should have a problem with that. Only insecure half men would see problem with that because for such "men" to succeed, they must take advantage of female suppression. While the real men compete with their female counterpart and outperform them. That's the class of men to which I want to belong.

And from my experience as a Nigerian, I know that Nigerian women do much better than some men when given the opportunity. So, why won't I support feminism which seeks to avail women such opportunities? Even when I am a beneficiary of such? If my big sis had not been educated and given the opportunity to work, perhaps I would have been in the street, doing some odd jobs and beating chest that I am a "man".

Sometimes I even pray I have only female children.
Re: What Do You Women Really Want With 'feminism' by Fidelismaria: 2:04pm On Oct 12, 2016
grin

hehehehe

I laff in ijebu

feminist ko geminist ni

dem beta go Sidon
Re: What Do You Women Really Want With 'feminism' by Uniben4sure: 2:10pm On Oct 12, 2016
LadyB1195:
The idea of feminism is pleasant to the ears of many women, but why are the advantages of being a feminist being considered only. Have any feminist sat down to really consider the disadvantages of being equally treated as a man?
Go to the packs, bus-stops, offices, the streets, homes, just anywhere and view the way men live their lives, the struggles they go through each day. Men go through alot daily, even those that u'l never hear with your ears nor see with your eyes.
The vulgar words they use on themselves, how many ladies would come out of the rooms if spoken to that way.
Or they way men are trained from little how to not cry, hide their emotions, pushed above limits because he is a man and has to be strong. How many women can take that training.
Please Let's just leave everything the way God made it. He has a reason for everything.
Besides that, All those saying they want feminism should take a look at the recent Amber Rose slut-walk and see want the feminist really want. IF YOU THINK FEMINISM IS ABOUT JUST BEING EQUALLY TREATED, THEN YOU HAVE BEEN FOOLED, AND YOUR IDEA ABOUT FEMINISM IS A ZERO.
You know nothing about feminism. Agreed that some ladies abuse the whole concept, but that does not mean the concept should be discarded. Feminism came as result of long years of female suppression by the male folk. It is about providing equal opportunities for women in business, politics, education and employment. And to fight against all forms of female suppression.

God did not create the females to be subservient to the males. Rather, humans (males) created all ideas to keep the females subservient to them.
The female gender have the capacity to perform all tasks if all inhibitions are removed. Go to families that have all females or those where firstborn children are females, there you will see the strength of the female gender.

Though a male, I support feminism which seeks to provide equal opportunities to males and females because I know that humanity will be much better when the females are given equal opportunities as their male counterparts.
Re: What Do You Women Really Want With 'feminism' by Lsofdk(m): 2:41pm On Oct 12, 2016
Uniben4sure:
You know nothing about feminism. Agreed that some ladies abuse the whole concept, but that does not mean the concept should be discarded. Feminism came as result of long years of female suppression by the male folk. It is about providing equal opportunities for women in business, politics, education and employment. And to fight against all forms of female suppression.

God did not create the females to be subservient to the males. Rather, humans (males) created all ideas to keep the females subservient to them.
The female gender have the capacity to perform all tasks if all inhibitions are removed. Go to families that have all females or those where firstborn children are females, there you will see the strength of the female gender.

Though a male, I support feminism which seeks to provide equal opportunities to males and females because I know that humanity will be much better when the females are given equal opportunities as their male counterparts.
Go read your Bible well mr.
total hogwash @bolded
Men never did suppress ladies, women are merely playing out their roles as helpers, men's assistant.

i just wonder why the serpent keeps choosing women to foolundecided
Re: What Do You Women Really Want With 'feminism' by Uniben4sure: 3:05pm On Oct 12, 2016
Lsofdk:

Go read your Bible well mr.
total hogwash @bolded
Men never did suppress ladies, women are merely playing out their roles as helpers, men's assistant.

i just wonder why the serpent keeps choosing women to foolundecided
Who wrote the Bible? Of course, males did.
Re: What Do You Women Really Want With 'feminism' by Nobody: 3:55pm On Oct 12, 2016
Uniben4sure:

Go and make more research on the comment you made here. Am the first child and daughter of my parents, I have seen 1st daughters of families and not all of them are responsible like me so don't generalize.
Women are no more suffering, women are now ministers, CEO of companies, women are now highly respected and can be seen in very respectable positions and offices.
You can only be treated the way you portray yourself, your self-esteem, your goals and determinations, your achievements also. The same also applies to men, women aren't suffering. It only depends on yourself.
The idea of feminism are for those lazy women who wants things to favour them on a platter of gold.
Infact take for instance those homes where the wife is the bread winner. Only very few still behave cool headed to their husbands. Or very wealthy women and those with high positions check the characters they protray. Give those kind of women opportunities and the world is done for. Don't seek for something that even you would end up regretting.
I'm a lady. I know very well what we can do with any slight opportunity, it could get out of hand.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Do You Women Really Want With 'feminism' by Lsofdk(m): 4:58pm On Oct 12, 2016
LadyB1195:

Go and make more research on the comment you made here. Am the first child and daughter of my parents, I have seen 1st daughters of families and not all of them are responsible like me so don't generalize.
Women are no more suffering, women are now ministers, CEO of companies, women are now highly respected and can be seen in very respectable positions and offices.
You can only be treated the way you portray yourself, your self-esteem, your goals and determinations, your achievements also. The same also applies to men, women aren't suffering. It only depends on yourself.
The idea of feminism are for those lazy women who wants things to favour them on a platter of gold.
Infact take for instance those homes where the wife is the bread winner. Only very few still behave cool headed to their husbands. Or very wealthy women and those with high positions check the characters they protray. Give those kind of women opportunities and the world is done for. Don't seek for something that even you would end up regretting.
I'm a lady. I know very well what we can do with any slight opportunity, it could get out of hand.
having noticed your contribution thus far, i couldn't help taking a peek at your profile against your instruction. Guess what… i like what i saw

rare blend of beauty and intellectwink
Re: What Do You Women Really Want With 'feminism' by Lsofdk(m): 5:10pm On Oct 12, 2016
Uniben4sure:
Who wrote the Bible? Of course, males did.
lol yes, there are some books in the Bible whose authors are not known, some are tipped to have been written by women
Re: What Do You Women Really Want With 'feminism' by Hannysmilez(f): 5:12pm On Oct 12, 2016
YorubaDemon:
selfish interest is what motivates such thinking, no be lie, for bible no woman was ever the head shocked
I don't know what version of the Bible you read,but I've come across Power Women in the Holy Book such as Esther,Naomi,Rahab,Lydia,Abigail,Eve,MaryM,Jezebel,Delilah etc. Women aren't the head only in a 'family setting'. Nothing stops a woman from trumping a man who isn't her husband. Afterall,the criterion for submission was 'marriage'.
Let's go with the theory of men being the 'head' then. Head is to men as Backbone is to women. Feminism is only trying to tell you what any good doctor knows;The head is non-existent without the backbone.
I am a Feminist and I love and respect men. Its not about competing,its about recognizing our differences and respecting it. I may not be able to do what you can do as a man,but you cannot do what I can do as a woman either. We're unique- Different yet equal. That's what my type of feminism is about-recognizing our differences but respecting ourselves nonetheless

1 Like

Re: What Do You Women Really Want With 'feminism' by YorubaDemon(m): 5:35pm On Oct 12, 2016
Hannysmilez:
I don't know what version of the Bible you read,but I've come across Power Women in the Holy Book such as Esther,Naomi,Rahab,Lydia,Abigail,Eve,MaryM,Jezebel,Delilah etc. Women aren't the head only in a 'family setting'. Nothing stops a woman from trumping a man who isn't her husband. Afterall,the criterion for submission was 'marriage'.
Let's go with the theory of men being the 'head' then. Head is to men as Backbone is to women. Feminism is only trying to tell you what any good doctor knows;The head is non-existent without the backbone.
I am a Feminist and I love and respect men. Its not about competing,its about recognizing our differences and respecting it. I may not be able to do what you can do as a man,but you cannot do what I can do as a woman either. We're unique- Different yet equal. That's what my type of feminism is about-recognizing our differences but respecting ourselves nonetheless
was bbmpin that shared the observation, i only responded to his comment , why are you mentioning me?
LadyB1195 and Lsofdk your attention is needed
Re: What Do You Women Really Want With 'feminism' by Hannysmilez(f): 5:44pm On Oct 12, 2016
YorubaDemon:
was bbmpin that shared the observation, i only responded to his comment , why are you mentioning me?
LadyB1195 and Lsofdk your attention is needed
You created the thread and agreed with his comment.
Re: What Do You Women Really Want With 'feminism' by Uniben4sure: 8:06pm On Oct 12, 2016
LadyB1195:

You are very wrong on your understanding of feminism.

You forgot that all those milestones you mentioned were made possible by the efforts of early feminists who worked for gender equality. Before now in Africa, how were women treated? Of course , as second class citizens who were meant to be seen but never heard. Before now in nigeria women education was considered as useless because they were supposed to end up in the kitchen. But now we have more women getting educated and taking up more jobs in fields that were hitter to considered as masculine. All these were made possible by the works of early feminists. Some cultures such as in igboland forbid women from inheriting properties owned by their dads. While in other cultures such as in Hausa land, women education and participation in business and politics was a taboo. Those are the things feminism stands to fight.

Mind you that feminism does not seek that you become men and cease to be women should that be fear. It's about equal right in life endeavors between the sexes.

I understand that some ladies take the whole idea of feminism to a different and flawed direction but that does not negate what feminism is all about. Even in patriarchal societies, you still find men who take things to extremity. It's in human nature but moderation should always be the watchword. I know many homes where the wives win the bread, the husbands support and behave themselves and peace reigns.
Many men also become unfaithful to their wives while some even become physically abusive when they are the sole breadwinners. How many guys nowadays can marry a lady who will not contribute to the finances of the house? Yet they don't want feminism and gender equality. Or should I say that they misunderstand the idea behind feminism.
Please research further on feminism, and when you are at it try and concentrate more on factual information on the concept. Stop reading stuff from insecure "men" who attack feminism by uploading all whatnot on the net.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Am I Actually Making The Right Decision Of Staying Single? / Why Should A Lady Give Her Boyfriend Her Used Undies? / How Long?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.