Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,381 members, 7,829,990 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 02:36 PM

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread - Sports (1062) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread (813045 Views)

NFF, Nike Set To Unveil New Kits For National Teams / Meet Chinyelu Asher Who Leads Jamaican Female National Team / Nigerian Coaches Who Have Coached Foreign Clubs And National Teams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1059) (1060) (1061) (1062) (1063) (1064) (1065) ... (1075) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by carbonado(m): 5:36pm On Apr 12
Deltamani:

They Couldnโ€™t play their usual Passing Football as the Zambians were full of running and throwing a lot of Physical challenges at them which did worked against them, they tried Competing but some of their players got injured and tired.. even Fatima Tagnaout became useless in the game..
.. Honestly,they could not,they tried to compete for awhile, however,as the game went on,the Moroccans slowly wore out...
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by carbonado(m): 5:45pm On Apr 12
Deltamani:
More like Thembi Kgatlana performance against Nigeria

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cs-BRSFwsik?si=awYo7I2bSi_HApIT
...South Africa's modus operandi over the years is simple,kick to the flank,let thembi chase,that way they will catch the opposing team out of position,hence scoring from it. The thing is,this present Nigerian team is a lot younger that the team that went to WAFCON,hence they do catch up to the South Africans easily.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by carbonado(m): 5:55pm On Apr 12
Apparently,they know,they play kick and chase..๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by carbonado(m): 5:57pm On Apr 12
Morocco already pushing,do not be surprised if Banda does not play in the next WAFCON,it seems Morocco is hosting it again..

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by naptu2: 6:00pm On Apr 12
carbonado:
Apparently,they know,they play kick and chase..๐Ÿคฃ๐Ÿคฃ

This particular guy has been trying to troll Nigerians since January, even before we played Cameroon.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by AkinDS: 6:01pm On Apr 12
It was Thembi and Jermaine Seoposenwe up front, both of whom were effectively contained by the resolute SF defense.
daveP:
this was terrible from Ellis anyway. This didn't feel like home. I think with the respect of winning wafcon, this lone Thembi upfront against best defensive team in Africa that cause trouble in recently concluded WWC, is an insult to Nigeria. Hilarious as well.

Just Thembi. Aspa na u17 flamingoes dey backline.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by AkinDS: 6:04pm On Apr 12
I was pleasantly surprised how the likes of Okeke, Alozie and Ucheibe were able to match her stride for stride and in some cases, outpaced her on 50/50 balls.
Our defenders deserve more credit for their speed. Impressive.
carbonado:
...South Africa's modus operandi over the years is simple,kick to the flank,let thembi chase,that way they will catch the opposing team out of position,hence scoring from it. The thing is,this present Nigerian team is a lot younger that the team that went to WAFCON,hence they do catch up to the South Africans easily.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by AkinDS: 6:06pm On Apr 12
I watched the first leg in Lusaka and thought Zambia were the far better side, even though they lost at home.
Not surprised they pulled it off in Morocco.
Deltamani:

They Couldnโ€™t play their usual Passing Football as the Zambians were full of running and throwing a lot of Physical challenges at them which did worked against them, they tried Competing but some of their players got injured and tired.. even Fatima Tagnaout became useless in the game..
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 6:15pm On Apr 12
AkinDS:
I was pleasantly surprised how the likes of Okeke, Alozie and Ucheibe were able to match her stride for stride and in some cases, outpaced her on 50/50 balls.

As for Ucheibe Iโ€™m not surprised and canโ€™t be surprised as she has showed how good she was right from U20, I didnโ€™t notice her at U17 level thoughโ€ฆ

I was a little bit skeptical about Okeke especially when you said sheโ€™s heavy but again she proved herself..

Alozie whoโ€™s originally a quick forward was able to match her too and sheโ€™s gradually getting used to the African Style of Football which requires a lot of Strength/Physicality..

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by daveP(m): 7:30pm On Apr 12
AkinDS:
It was Thembi and Jermaine Seoposenwe up front, both of whom were effectively contained by the resolute SF defense.
That one dey pitch atall grin
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by carbonado(m): 7:56pm On Apr 12
naptu2:

This particular guy has been trying to troll Nigerians since January, even before we played Cameroon.
..Lol...no wonder he is so pained,he kept lamenting for a while...
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by carbonado(m): 7:59pm On Apr 12
AkinDS:
... Absolutely,there were a few times in that 1st leg that,it became a serious foot race between Ucheibe and Kgatlana, Thembi did not win the race, Ucheibe just muscled her of the ball a few times.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 8:42pm On Apr 12
AkinDS:
Curious as to what you expected Pinnick to do?
Again, this was way before VAR

The same thing he did after we lost to Benin.

If u look at the lines woman it is clear that she was looking for a reason to cancel the goal. Forget VAR cos we had a clear penalty against England that was completely overlooked

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 10:17pm On Apr 12
Rofiat Imuran scored a brace vs Paris FC today

Chiamaka wasn't in goal oh
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by dkay51(m): 10:47pm On Apr 12
BascoVanVeli:

I don't agree with that example because that was our first friendly in almost 2 year. Plus, when we played France at the world cup we only lost by a penalty goal to nil.

I felt our defense was fine under that Swedish coach but the issue was we couldn't do anything else.

Yea, I was only pointing it out because he said that it was only the individual brilliance of Nnadozie that was ensuring we don't concede.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by dkay51(m): 10:52pm On Apr 12
mostob:
Oh boy! Lovewin...I already told you your proofs are not substantial. You're one of the intelligent folks here so I don't know why you're not seeing the point.

There are some metrics in football that you can't attribute to a coach alone. I stand to be corrected though because we're all learning everyday. For instance,
1. Arsenal male team have the best defensive record in EPL this season. Guess who are getting the praise, the CB duos. That's why the defensive record you brought is not substantial. Nnadozie has bailed us out many times, would you attribute that to Randy.

2. Madrid have been scoring freely this season but the names on everyone's lips are Jude, Vinicus and others. Nowhere is Ancelotti mentioned.

You see why you can't justify Randy's efforts with the stats you brought because you can't eliminate the impact of individual brilliance from the stats.

Now, tell me how good were the girls in that double tie against South Africa (the matches that triggered the whole argument). Can you confidently say we would have bagged the Olympic ticket had it been we were facing a more decent side? After 3 years and the players he had, look at what they gave us as performance. All I wanted is a purposeful football, a coordinated team structure and a performance that reflects the Calibre of players we parade.

You're all here standing behind Randy's insufficiency while I'm looking at the future prospect of competing with the best legs in some month's time. It is not emotion. My criticism no dey add Kobo to my account.
'a more decent side' which side is more decent that SA in Africa, abi we were going to play europeans to qualify?
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 11:12pm On Apr 12
dkay51:

Yea, I was only pointing it out because he said that it was only the individual brilliance of Nnadozie that was ensuring we don't concede.

Oh u are definitely right we have been lights out defensively.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by AkinDS: 12:13am On Apr 13
Really nice game.
Could have had a hattrick, but was denied by the post in the 64th min.
She is planting a stake in the sand to be considered an SF winger

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wL6LDVD_BMI

BascoVanVeli:
Rofiat Imuran scored a brace vs Paris FC today

Chiamaka wasn't in goal oh

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 10:03am On Apr 13
If nah you be pinnick you go enter field ?
BascoVanVeli:

Pinnick was fighting to keep power at the time so he just looked the other way. That was the biggest robbery I've ever seen in a FIFA final. For it to just passover like nothing happened left a really sour taste in my mouth.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 1:05pm On Apr 13
AkinDS:
Really nice game.
Could have had a hattrick, but was denied by the post in the 64th min.
She is planting a stake in the sand to be considered an SF winger

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wL6LDVD_BMI

Good performance from her but she seems to have lost the Defensive Side of her game maybe because of her playing as a left Winger for Stade de Reims.. Sheโ€™s very quick, and I believe she can go toe to toe with Nicole Payne, Barbara Banda, Chawinga Sisters in a Foot race..!
If she can emulate the likes of Salma Bacha, Sekina Karchaoui she will become an excellent Left Back because those two knows how to combine both defending and Attacking together wether theyโ€™re playing as Wingers or Left Back, one of the reasons those two in most occasions Play together for France. Even at Lyon or PSG the Coaches sometimes pushes either of them to play as Winger..

Full Game Clip
https://www.youtube.com/live/1ee4-wfnEhg?si=LGXvVKfRPnaJKM6B
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by solonnachi: 1:12pm On Apr 13
Hello folks
Any news on the friendly games for Super Falcons?
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 1:43pm On Apr 13
Please vote for the France League Player of the Month
Chiamaka Nnadozie

Use this link ๐Ÿ”— to vote๐Ÿ—ณ๏ธ

https://twitter.com/D1Arkema/status/1778856862428852410?t=1Zq3JcjGwjdhci-asCP4Qg&s=19

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 1:57pm On Apr 13
Deltamani:

Good performance from her but she seems to have lost the Defensive Side of her game maybe because of her playing as a left Winger for Stade de Reims.. Sheโ€™s very quick, and I believe she can go toe to toe with Nicole Payne, Barbara Banda, Chawinga Sisters in a Foot race..!
If she can emulate the likes of Salma Bacha, Sekina Karchaoui she will become an excellent Left Back because those two knows how to combine both defending and Attacking together wether theyโ€™re playing as Wingers or Left Back, one of the reasons those two in most occasions Play together for France. Even at Lyon or PSG the Coaches sometimes pushes either of them to play as Winger..

Full Game Clip
https://www.youtube.com/live/1ee4-wfnEhg?si=LGXvVKfRPnaJKM6B
Right now, I don't think we have any natural FB. Nicole maybe. Maybe we should start playing them as WBs or find a suitable tactic to make up for their defensive frailties.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 2:15pm On Apr 13
mostob:
Right now, I don't think we have any natural FB. Nicole maybe. Maybe we should start playing them as WBs or find a suitable tactic to make up for their defensive frailties.

Rofiat Imuran been played as a Winger at Clubside, coming back to Nigeria National team she goes back to Left Back.. Alozie same thingโ€ฆ

I think right now we have only Nicole Payne whoโ€™s Originally a Right Back and still retains same position at Club level, just hope she gets more game time at Portland Thorns..

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Deltamani: 3:48pm On Apr 13
๐ŸšจBanyana Banyana legend Portia Modise comes down hard on Super Falcons, describe the side as a โ€˜poor Nigeria team.โ€™

Modise who is Banyana top scorer with 101 goals, shared her views after South Africa lost 1-0 aggregately to Nigeria during the Olympics qualifiers.

โ€œI am hurt even now after seeing the game; itโ€™s my first time to see a poor Nigeria team like this since I started football; we needed to beat that team; they didnโ€™t have anything to scare us,โ€ Modise said on ๐Œ๐ž๐ญ๐ซ๐จ ๐…๐Œ'๐ฌ ๐’๐ฉ๐จ๐ซ๐ญ๐ฌ ๐๐ข๐ ๐ก๐ญ ๐€๐ฆ๐ฉ๐ฅ๐ข๐Ÿ๐ข๐ž๐ ๐š๐ฌ ๐ฉ๐ž๐ซ ๐†๐จ๐š๐ฅ.

โ€œThat Nigeria players canโ€™t trap the ball, they canโ€™t do even first touches. That was not a Nigeria we used to play against, not this one.

#olympicgames #Paris2024 #Olympics

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 6:08pm On Apr 13
mostob:

Okeke is a natural fullback.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by PDPGuy: 7:03pm On Apr 13
mostob:
The wing back option makes sense!

Heck a 3-5-2 formation would be effective against either Japan or Spain, especially if the front two, one of the center midfielders and both wing-backs press high up to try to limit the build up from the back
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 9:00pm On Apr 13
PDPGuy:

The wing back option makes sense!

Heck a 3-5-2 formation would be effective against either Japan or Spain, especially if the front two, one of the center midfielders and both wing-backs press high up to try to limit the build up from the back
Yeah... Add the fact that most of our wingers are wide forwards. The formation would love them closer to the box.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 9:01pm On Apr 13
BascoVanVeli:

Okeke is a natural fullback.
I thought she is playing as a CB for a club.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 11:46pm On Apr 13
I think she can play everywhere along the backline she can slot in as DMF too
mostob:
I thought she is playing as a CB for a club.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 11:49pm On Apr 13
She's just bitter, all the super falcons beating over the years is affecting her
Deltamani:
๐ŸšจBanyana Banyana legend Portia Modise comes down hard on Super Falcons, describe the side as a โ€˜poor Nigeria team.โ€™

Modise who is Banyana top scorer with 101 goals, shared her views after South Africa lost 1-0 aggregately to Nigeria during the Olympics qualifiers.

โ€œI am hurt even now after seeing the game; itโ€™s my first time to see a poor Nigeria team like this since I started football; we needed to beat that team; they didnโ€™t have anything to scare us,โ€ Modise said on ๐Œ๐ž๐ญ๐ซ๐จ ๐…๐Œ'๐ฌ ๐’๐ฉ๐จ๐ซ๐ญ๐ฌ ๐๐ข๐ ๐ก๐ญ ๐€๐ฆ๐ฉ๐ฅ๐ข๐Ÿ๐ข๐ž๐ ๐š๐ฌ ๐ฉ๐ž๐ซ ๐†๐จ๐š๐ฅ.

โ€œThat Nigeria players canโ€™t trap the ball, they canโ€™t do even first touches. That was not a Nigeria we used to play against, not this one.

#olympicgames #Paris2024 #Olympics

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by naptu2: 7:25am On Apr 14
The full interview:

Former US international, Sam Mewis, interviews Michelle Alozie.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dYWsOuEi4mY?si=R7Rsla0NAeRjsZcr

3 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (1059) (1060) (1061) (1062) (1063) (1064) (1065) ... (1075) (Reply)

The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

Viewing this topic: Deltamani

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.