Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,239 members, 7,818,812 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:15 AM

Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread - Sports (204) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread (804346 Views)

NFF, Nike Set To Unveil New Kits For National Teams / Meet Chinyelu Asher Who Leads Jamaican Female National Team / Nigerian Coaches Who Have Coached Foreign Clubs And National Teams (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (201) (202) (203) (204) (205) (206) (207) ... (1072) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by labas370(f): 12:31pm On Jun 17, 2021
Is not the matter of the team didn't concede much.. someone said usa used us for training... if usa used us for training, what then do we call what they did to Jamaica?

Were you guys expecting SF to win the match or draw with them?

We don't have those players for that. Even Alozie still made some errors which shows that she is not playing on at top club. We need to hang our boots were we can reach. Even Canada will collect more than 2 if they have played this usa team. I see a lot of improvements. What the team needs now is a strong psychic not to lose focus again during injury times.
I strongly believe that if we have had all our top players available, we would have won Jamaica and Portugal and perhaps draw usa or lose to them.

Take a look at Italy whopping the ass of Turkey and Switzerland at this on going euros. Top teams are top teams and you must be exceptional to bit a top team on their home soil.

codemaniacs:

you don't expect a U.S coach play aggressively against the U.S national team... its like the Super Eagles playing against Germany with Rohr as the coach...

the people congratulating the SF are only doing so because the SF didn't concede much..

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by codemaniacs: 12:39pm On Jun 17, 2021
labas370:
Is not the matter of the team didn't concede much.. someone said usa used us for training... if usa used us for training, what then do we call what they did to Jamaica?

We don't have those players forward that. Even Alozie still made some errors which shows that she is not playing on at top club. We need to hang our boots were we can reach. Even Canada will collect more than 2 if they have played this usa team. I see a lot of improvements. What the team needs now is a strong psychic not to lose focus again during injury times.
I strongly believe that if we have had all our top players available, we would have won Jamaica and Portugal and perhaps draw usa or lose to them.

Take a look at Italy whopping the ass of Turkey and Switzerland at this on going euros. Top teams are top teams and you must be exceptional to bit a top team on their home soil.

Nigeria is Africa's top team.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by labas370(f): 12:40pm On Jun 17, 2021
Zogg, alozie, okoronkwo, ifeoma and others lack international football exposure..

Ogbonna was outstanding during Wafu because wafu was played by teams with local or lack if international exposures.
Now at this tournament, it was obviously clear for all to see it especially on our first game against Jamaica. Ogbonna did terribly bad, but her game improved against Portugal and against usa, I was wondering if this was the same ogbonna that played against Jamaica who I criticized heavily. Just see what international exposure did to her game. Then imagine her playing consistently at one of those top clubs. Her game will improve. Zogg learned something after her mistake during that Portugal game. I believe she can never do such thing again because she now knows that its better to balloon the ball into the air than doing that costly mistake.

Experience and exposure are what our team needs. I hope the 6 nation tournament holds.

I will love the coach try this formation

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by labas370(f): 12:42pm On Jun 17, 2021
This 3-5-2

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by labas370(f): 12:49pm On Jun 17, 2021
African top is insignificant. Nigeria is African top because we have of our players playing in Europe and our female league is better than most African female leagues.

codemaniacs:

Nigeria is Africa's top team.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by daveP(m): 12:56pm On Jun 17, 2021
PDPGuy:
I don’t know why the Americans are way FITTER than the SF.. it’s like the US team has 10x the energy of our players
exactly. I hope the slack we currently giving is extended when they are on the tourney proper. Even the Jamaicans were more energetic than us. Tge middle lacks half the energy the flanks give.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by daveP(m): 12:58pm On Jun 17, 2021
labas370:
This 3-5-2

Ajibade a lil behind Zee will be okay. Noticed only Zee was in the box to head most of the crosses from the wingers. That's not going to give any threat if that's the plan.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 12:59pm On Jun 17, 2021
Okeke on a focused night is almost world class. She handled herself like a boss yesterday. Barely put a foot wrong.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by codemaniacs: 1:22pm On Jun 17, 2021
labas370:
African top is insignificant. Nigeria is African top because we have of our players playing in Europe and our female league is better than most African female leagues.

Nigeria is Africa's top because there are good players in Nigeria. It's because they're good that they're playing in Europe.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 1:23pm On Jun 17, 2021
labas370:

We don't have those players for that. Even Alozie still made some errors which shows that she is not playing on at top club. We need to hang our boots were we can reach. Even Canada will collect more than 2 if they have played this usa team. I see a lot of improvements. What the team needs now is a strong psychic not to lose focus again during injury times.

I would have loved to see Oshoala put those defenders on the run more but apart from that I left proud. Not because it was close but because I saw belief and effort.

Alozie is not really a defender but her level is so high that she must be on the pitch. She gave both Dunn and Rapinoe all they could handle (these are world class players). I think she is our biggest revelation on this trip. She definitely can make the main squad but she must get her club situation settled. She is too good to be on anybody's reserve team even if that means leaving the US. She really can be world class at that position if she works at it.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by daveP(m): 3:10pm On Jun 17, 2021
BascoVanVeli:
U guys get it first grin
USWNT vs Nigeria

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Unk2tdxO6D4

Does so good saves and ends it all with such a embarrassing goal to USWNT.

She did exact with the Portugal game, now here again.

Should be communicating better with her defenders or be in the box if she can't attempt blocking like a GK.

I'm sure they'll come around asap. That attack needs all the clinical prowess it needs right now.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 5:45pm On Jun 17, 2021
Here's the link to rewatch the Full Game..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=loE5YML8WjI

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 8:53pm On Jun 17, 2021
I bet the NFF was just over joyed when the coach invited NCAA players. Free labour grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by JohnBullMySon: 9:05pm On Jun 17, 2021
BascoVanVeli:
I bet the NFF was just over joyed when the coach invited NCAA players. Free labour grin
Which players?
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by BascoVanVeli(m): 9:16pm On Jun 17, 2021
JohnBullMySon:
Which players?

Esther Okoronkwo and Nicole Payne but I believe Esther is graduating.
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by do4luv14(m): 10:30pm On Jun 17, 2021
BascoVanVeli:

You this man. You dey find trouble kwenu
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Danielnino00(m): 11:26pm On Jun 17, 2021
labas370:
Zogg, alozie, okoronkwo, ifeoma and others lack international football exposure..

Ogbonna was outstanding during Wafu because wafu was played by teams with local or lack if international exposures.
Now at this tournament, it was obviously clear for all to see it especially on our first game against Jamaica. Ogbonna did terribly bad, but her game improved against Portugal and against usa, I was wondering if this was the same ogbonna that played against Jamaica who I criticized heavily. Just see what international exposure did to her game. Then imagine her playing consistently at one of those top clubs. Her game will improve. Zogg learned something after her mistake during that Portugal game. I believe she can never do such thing again because she now knows that its better to balloon the ball into the air than doing that costly mistake.

Experience and exposure are what our team needs. I hope the 6 nation tournament holds.

I will love the coach try this formation

Sorry, can update me on this 6 nation tournament??
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by CoolJulian: 11:45pm On Jun 17, 2021
CoolJulian:
Ebi vs Okeke CB pairing again?... Not again! Alozie must be at her best as concerns her defensive duties, Ogbonna... I dey really fear O! Infact, this defense calls for serious worry. I nor no how dem wan take escape dis one O!

I was really late at this. Never knew the game was on already... My bad!
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by naijaseeker: 1:56am On Jun 18, 2021
labas370:
This 3-5-2
You removed Ordega in the first 11? I di kwa sure? I still will prefer Ihezuo or Chinasa pairing Oshoala. I actually think Ajibade is an attacking midfielder, creative but not very goal hungry
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by GeneralDae: 2:33am On Jun 18, 2021
naijaseeker:
You removed Ordega in the first 11? I di kwa sure? I still will prefer Ihezuo or Chinasa pairing Oshoala. I actually think Ajibade is an attacking midfielder, creative but not very goal hungry
Uchenna Kanu can always pair with Oshoala. She is even inherently more technical than Oshoala from my assessment.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by naijaseeker: 11:44am On Jun 18, 2021
GeneralDae:

Uchenna Kanu can always pair with Oshoala. She is even inherently more technical than Oshoala from my assessment.

True
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 5:08pm On Jun 18, 2021
Robo queens of Lagos players

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 5:29pm On Jun 18, 2021
isan:
Robo queens of Lagos players
Ajibade, Okeke, Oshoala and who please?
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 7:00pm On Jun 18, 2021
mostob:

Monday Gift #2
Left footed

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by isan(m): 8:11pm On Jun 18, 2021
Gift Monday
mostob:
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 8:36pm On Jun 18, 2021
isan:
Gift Monday
Ok
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 8:40pm On Jun 18, 2021
Schemerkhiz:

Monday Gift #2
Left footed
OK. Left footed? This is really good. She will be the first left footed striker in that squad. Am I wrong sir?
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by PDPGuy: 8:51pm On Jun 18, 2021
Schemerkhiz:

Monday Gift #2
Left footed
I will give her a gift on Monday..
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 11:51pm On Jun 18, 2021
mostob:
OK. Left footed? This is really good. She will be the first left footed striker in that squad. Am I wrong sir?

Not really..
Esther Ijeoma Okoronkwo and Chiwendu Veronica Ihezuo are Left footed...
Kanu, Ordega both uses their Left foot effectively.. Especially Kanu you can't differentiate between her Left and right foot which one is the dominant one...

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by mostob(m): 10:47pm On Jun 19, 2021
Schemerkhiz:

Not really..
Esther Ijeoma Okoronkwo and Chiwendu Veronica Ihezuo are Left footed...
Kanu, Ordega both uses their Left foot effectively.. Especially Kanu you can't differentiate between her Left and right foot which one is the dominant one...
OK sir
Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by Schemerkhiz: 2:08pm On Jun 23, 2021
USWNT Squad for the Olympic game's

Among the 18 listed players for the tournament only 3 of the players didn't feature against Nigeria at the Summer Series..

Goalkeeper Adrianna Franch, Midfielder Julie Ertz, Forward Tobin Heath.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Female National Teams' Thread by TheSuperNerd(m): 2:21pm On Jun 23, 2021
They really meant to destroy us but God no shame us. Hahahahahaha grin grin

Schemerkhiz:
USWNT Squad for the Olympic game's

Among the 18 listed players for the tournament only 3 of the players didn't feature against Nigeria at the Summer Series..

Goalkeeper Adrianna Franch, Midfielder Julie Ertz, Forward Tobin Heath.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (201) (202) (203) (204) (205) (206) (207) ... (1072) (Reply)

The NBA Begins / "The Super Eagles Thread: The Road To AFCON 2023, 2025 And 2026 World Cup

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.