Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,077 members, 7,814,737 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 06:31 PM

What To Do To Make Money Online? - Business (1476) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / What To Do To Make Money Online? (3542668 Views)

Top 5 Strategies Millionaire Entrepreneur Use To Make Money Online / Can You Really Make Money Online On Autopilot? / Make Quick Money Online And Offline (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1473) (1474) (1475) (1476) (1477) (1478) (1479) ... (3313) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by iCauseTrouble: 7:26pm On May 19, 2020
ElonMosque:

5? what sort of STR is 5/900000
5 major sales. Not Total sales
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Ayobamms: 7:27pm On May 19, 2020
NkShallom:
Meanwhile...

Some of them had expired. I got one recently that I had to message Dan to delist it from his account.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by jamih: 7:36pm On May 19, 2020
NkShallom:
Meanwhile...
That's Mike Mann

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by ikhalyfah(m): 7:39pm On May 19, 2020
iCauseTrouble:

You never can tell the quality of his names.
Lets go by the industry standard sell-through-rate of 2%, he should be having a minimum of 16,000 domains sold in a year.
Now imagine how much he will be making if he sells each at Low $XXXX. Not to talk of the 5 and 6 figure sales he will have.
You said 5 sales earlier. Meaning each sale must be $1.8M to break even ooo..

And standard sale tru is 1-2%, mind you, this figure decreases with increase in number of domain (read dis on NP recently).

Plus if he hand reg (i have adequate respect for hand reg), he won't see no 5-6 fig sale. Whereas if he purchase a potential 5fig Domain from aftermarket, then his acquisition cost will now destroy this our calculations. Update: seen quite number of quality names in the portfolio, but just how much is sold in a year? That's the question.

I personally had a conversation with known NP member, he said he has over 5,000 domains, all .com, but barely break even each year.

There is a reason why the white folks Always advocate quality over quantity, most of them have gone tru both aspects.

Note: i am not saying this particular company/user is not making profit, but it shouldn't be surprising when we hear they barely break even.
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by ikhalyfah(m): 7:44pm On May 19, 2020
NkShallom:
Meanwhile...
UPDATE

3 Likes

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by thorrvik55(m): 7:45pm On May 19, 2020
iCauseTrouble:

Think of his sales, not his renewal fee.
Just 5 sales can cover his renewal fees

I know man.. His yearly renewal fees alone would be like retirement money for most of us... Over 800,000 x $8 = over $6.4 Million.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by ikhalyfah(m): 7:46pm On May 19, 2020
thorrvik55:

I know man.. His yearly renewal fees alone would be like retirement money for most of us... Over 800,000 x $8 = over $6.4 Million.
Now has over 1.7Million domains at Dan.
Plus not all are .com, some extension are multiple the renewal fee of .com

2 Likes

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by thorrvik55(m): 7:51pm On May 19, 2020
ikhalyfah:

Now has over 1.7Million domains at Dan.
Plus not all are .com, some extension are multiple the renewal fee of .com

Chai.. See money grin grin
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by thorrvik55(m): 7:53pm On May 19, 2020
ikhalyfah:

And standard sale tru is 1-2%, mind you, this figure decreases with increase in number of domain (read dis on NP recently).

Plus if he hand reg (i have adequate respect for hand reg), he won't see no 5-6 fig sale. Whereas if he purchase a potential 5fig Domain from aftermarket, then his acquisition cost will now destroy this our calculations. Update: seen quite number of quality names in the portfolio, but just how much is sold in a year? That's the question.

I personally had a conversation with known NP member, he said he has over 5,000 domains, all .com, but barely break even each year.

There is a reason why the white folks Always advocate quality over quantity, most of them have gone tru both aspects.

Note: i am not saying this particular company/user is not making profit, but it shouldn't be surprising when we hear they barely break even.

So true..
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by ElonMosque(m): 7:54pm On May 19, 2020
IdeasPro:

$1 offer? Is this an insult or offer? Simply tell him/her "thanks for the offer while I wait for the right buyer." Period!

Insult. Meanwhile...

3 Likes

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by crudedude(m): 8:04pm On May 19, 2020
Please who has a cheap registrar right now. NetSol is saying my card has an issue, I've tried using glo network didnt work.

1 Like

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by iCauseTrouble: 8:05pm On May 19, 2020
Yes, I said 5. I should have used few instead of being assertive. Also, I know STR decreases with quantity. But one thing to have at the back of your mind is these domains were not bought in in a year. So for the domains he previously bought from aftermarket, he is now paying a regular renewal rate for them.
Domaining truly is about quality, but don't forget domaining is also a game of numbers. No domain investor will wake and sleep on just one quality domain he has. Nothing stops you from having quality names in large quantity.
I follow Mike Mann, Rick and some other prominent domainers on Social Media, Mike Mann tweeted around January that he has made sales that covered his total renewals for the year 2020 just in January. Now imagine the number of sales he has had from February till now.
ikhalyfah:

Plus if he hand reg (i have adequate respect for hand reg), he won't see no 5-6 fig sale. Whereas if he purchase a potential 5fig Domain from aftermarket, then his acquisition cost will now destroy this our calculations.

2 Likes

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Qulink1(m): 8:07pm On May 19, 2020
crudedude:
Please who has a cheap registrar right now. NetSol is saying my card has an issue, I've tried using glo network didnt work.
How about with PayPal,still worked for me this night

1 Like

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by iCauseTrouble: 8:09pm On May 19, 2020
Cc Ikhalyfah

4 Likes

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by crudedude(m): 8:12pm On May 19, 2020
Qulink1:

Was the PayPal the same bank card? I've used Paypal, it's my same card connected to it. Didnt also work

1 Like

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by OYENIYIJK: 8:14pm On May 19, 2020
Qulink1:
how much is it
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by ikhalyfah(m): 8:22pm On May 19, 2020
iCauseTrouble:
Cc Ikhalyfah
If at all i want to make research, make analysis or make a point in this industry, i will never use Mike and co as reference grin
His type have not only quality, but quality and quantity.

4 Likes

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by thorrvik55(m): 8:30pm On May 19, 2020
ikhalyfah:

If at all i want to make research, make analysis or make a point in this industry, i will never use Mike and co as reference grin

grin grin grin
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by BigDaddyB: 8:39pm On May 19, 2020
Just lost a sale on DAN.

Imported a lead, lead was sent in Spanish. Lol.

Buyer said it must be a scam, and pulled out.

1 Like

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by ElonMosque(m): 8:47pm On May 19, 2020
BigDaddyB:
Just lost a sale on DAN.

The devil is a liar.

3 Likes

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by thorrvik55(m): 8:56pm On May 19, 2020
BigDaddyB:
Just lost a sale on DAN.

Sorry bro.. If the domain is over 60 days old, list it on Afternic and ask the buyer to search for it on Godaddy and make the purchase from there.
Afternic's commission is significantly higher but at least it's better than just loosing the sale

9 Likes

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Qulink1(m): 9:00pm On May 19, 2020
crudedude:

Was the PayPal the same bank card? I've used Paypal, it's my same card connected to it. Didnt also work
I don't get your question but I use wema ALAT MasterCard with Nigerian PayPal

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Qulink1(m): 9:01pm On May 19, 2020
OYENIYIJK:

how much is it
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Itimkpataka: 9:01pm On May 19, 2020
ikhalyfah:

I no dey even look those men dem face. I fear who no fear dem..

People wey start domaining when Abacha still dey loot our money.

3 Likes

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Qulink1(m): 9:01pm On May 19, 2020
OYENIYIJK:

how much is it
I PMed you earlier boss
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Josmila(m): 9:02pm On May 19, 2020
BigDaddyB:
Just lost a sale on DAN.

For Bleep sake!!

1 Like

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by AYORICH: 9:07pm On May 19, 2020
BigDaddyB:
Just lost a sale on DAN.

Not a surprise as some of my previous sales are now showing in Chinese now ...lol Dan n problem

1 Like

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by iCauseTrouble: 9:11pm On May 19, 2020
ikhalyfah:

Good to know you know both quality and quantity goes together
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by johnoj24(m): 9:14pm On May 19, 2020
Omoawoke:

Please am I doing something wrong, I have sent several outbound mails and no single reply from end users, still waiting to make a first sale after like 3 months with a portfolio size of like 7 names. Please is this normal
Over normal cos some have to wait for like 5month, even 1 year before they make sale

3 Likes

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by ikhalyfah(m): 9:15pm On May 19, 2020
iCauseTrouble:

Good to know you know both quality and quantity goes together
Sure.
Having quality names means u are doing it right.
Having quantity means u have huge chance
Having both means YOU ARE RICH grin(patience play significant role thou)

9 Likes

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by ikhalyfah(m): 9:16pm On May 19, 2020
Itimkpataka:

I no dey even look those men dem face. I fear who no fear dem..

People wey start domaining when Abacha still dey loot our money.
grin
They are not our mates

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (1473) (1474) (1475) (1476) (1477) (1478) (1479) ... (3313) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 10 / Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 11 / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here

Viewing this topic: Theweekend, babazak(m), EMREX02, PUO001

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.