Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,324 members, 7,815,635 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:43 PM

What To Do To Make Money Online? - Business (2614) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / What To Do To Make Money Online? (3544947 Views)

Top 5 Strategies Millionaire Entrepreneur Use To Make Money Online / Can You Really Make Money Online On Autopilot? / Make Quick Money Online And Offline (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (2611) (2612) (2613) (2614) (2615) (2616) (2617) ... (3313) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by IdeasPro(m): 4:55pm On Jan 15, 2022
JerryGent1983:
please domain flipping is it as the same buying an expired domain and reselling it !! What do I know undecided undecided
Yes. It's buying and selling domain names for quick cash including buying expired domains, hand registration, backordering, etc
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by IdeasPro(m): 4:57pm On Jan 15, 2022
daxon001:

God bless your heart really for this!
In your PM now sir
Amen & amen.
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Automolite: 5:25pm On Jan 15, 2022
symbuul:
This business is not for the faint hearted. Two names I bought day before yesterday, I never sell one embarassed grin
Now I can start reading again from page 1 with more vigour,commitment and insight. At least, if a sale or two happens before I reach a certain stage, I could jump in on it. I know I might have probably made a mistake somewhere, maybe in directing to nameserver or setting offers, or not have done something right, but as I read again from page one, I'll probably modify. These days, I barely sleep at night. Registering one or two names was to me a price I had to pay, knowing that experience teaches better.
Kudos to those genuinely trying to show newbies like me the way and giving us updates. May joy never depart from your lives.
Comrade show us d names na. make we see wetin u don learn so far.
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by symbuul: 5:44pm On Jan 15, 2022
Automolite:

Comrade show us d names na. make we see wetin u don learn so far.

meta//fund//transfer/ in king
meta//funds//transfer// xyz

I never sabi shey? embarassed

2 Likes

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Mr2kul(m): 5:54pm On Jan 15, 2022
richkal:

12 names are fair but not enough in my perspective. I don't know the weigh of your pocket but you need to reg more geo domain names to increase your chances to make first sale. You can reg one name at a time.

There are some over here who make their first sales with just 5 domain names or less. But large majority have more names in their portfolio before landing the first sales.

I did a little survey quite a while ago, asking people how many domain names they have before first sales.

Someone makes his first sales after 17 domain names. I have someone who said he made his first sales after 24 domain names.

I was in a discussion, and someone said he regged 20 Geo domain names and no sales. But he keeps pushing and he later makes sales.

One of the highest I have seen is by softmojo, he regged about 49 names before first name. And the guy is making nothing less than $10k annually with this business in less than 2 years.

Our numbers are different and that's is that reality of this business. Unfortunately, things like this are not discuss among us for the benefits of others, especially the newbies.

This business is a number game, the more you reg, the higher the chance to make sales. My advise for you is to keep building your portfolio.

Now is not the right time to give up. Don't be desperate, just reg one domain name at a time. Have a long term goal.

Be consistent and you will smile to the bank at the end of the days. Your first sales is waiting for you, go get it. We will all give good testimony in December by God's Grace. wink smiley
I will keep pushing.... Thanks for this.
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by viktor88: 6:33pm On Jan 15, 2022
Learner47:

Nice one. Better. Same too. But eno easy. Though, if one is successful with brandables and inbound offers like Beckplanet with large brandable portfolio; you don't need to be aftaid.

But all these our Geos and emails and outbounding and reaching out to end users...most atimes some of these our illeterate agencies mistake one as Yahoo nd b4 u clear ursef damage already done.
Building my EMD portfolio gradually.

1 Like

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by viktor88: 6:43pm On Jan 15, 2022
TheSTreetman:

Congratulations.

I swear, if to say this guy carry this domain come here for review, 90% will blast him. That's why sometimes you need to allow people do their thing.
Not me
Any body that follows domain stuff on Twitter and namepros will know that dot xyz are selling very well.
Meta and metaverse names are selling like crazy.
I have meta and metaverse names on dot Co and dot xyz.

1 Like

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by symbuul: 6:45pm On Jan 15, 2022
symbuul:

Can someone share his/thoughts on this?
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Vikkoh(m): 6:48pm On Jan 15, 2022
symbuul:

Can someone share his/thoughts on this?

I'm still a Newbie but I know these are worthless names.
You haven't read enough.

I'm still in pg. 1300 but I know these names aren't worth a dime.
Although it's always said that the end user has the final say on how much worth a domain is worth buy who exactly are the endusers for this your domain?

Your focus should be Geo domains for quick flips.
Someone should correct me if I'm wrong, I still dey learn.

MODIFIED: Meta//fund//transfer in king for $8,999? It's outrageous IMO.

Meanwhile, how can we discuss further?

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by symbuul: 6:53pm On Jan 15, 2022
Vikkoh:

You haven't read enough.

Omoh

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by James39: 7:02pm On Jan 15, 2022
Mehn... this sales drought is real.

But I believe something huge is on the way.

4 Likes

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by joesh94: 7:57pm On Jan 15, 2022
Hi great minds.
I've got $55 Dynadot prepaid to sell, I'll reg a domain for you and push to you for #3600 per Name.... Dm if interested

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Automolite: 8:12pm On Jan 15, 2022
symbuul:

meta//fund//transfer/ in king meta//funds//transfer// xyz
lol..who i be to judge. but if u gatz buy .xyz, go for 2word name with high sv.

1 Like

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by symbuul: 8:36pm On Jan 15, 2022
Automolite:

lol..who i be to judge. but if u gatz buy .xyz, go for 2word name with high sv.

Thanks bro. I thought so.
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by daxon001(m): 9:05pm On Jan 15, 2022
dayo2hot:

Not a curse my brother. You are in right place. I will advise you to start reading from page 1. Wish you all the best.

I'm almost in tears now. Thanks for your sweet response. I believe you. I will do as you say

1 Like

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by IdeasPro(m): 9:28pm On Jan 15, 2022
daxon001:

God bless your heart really for this!
In your PM now sir
Hey there, I have replied your message. Check your email box for the reply.
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by symbuul: 9:40pm On Jan 15, 2022
Vikkoh:

You haven't read enough.

Although it's always said that the end user has the final say on how much worth a domain is worth buy who exactly are the endusers for this your domain?

Your focus should be Geo domains for quick flips.

MODIFIED: Meta//fund//transfer in king for $8,999? It's outrageous IMO.

Meanwhile, how can we discuss further?

I'll try geo as time goes on.
Check the plural below grin, someone registered it £73k
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by symbuul: 10:40pm On Jan 15, 2022
Lol

3 Likes

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Prosperity4All: 11:01pm On Jan 15, 2022
TheSTreetman:

Congratulations.

I swear, if to say this guy carry this domain come here for review, 90% will blast him. That's why sometimes you need to allow people do their thing.
Not true
xyz is on the upswing
Metaverse is about the best selling Keyword
And Music is new entrant into the Metaverse for services
So why would any sane Domainer trash such a name. It was well timed

2 Likes

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Sapiosexuality(m): 11:19pm On Jan 15, 2022
Mr2kul:

I got 12 names though. 70% Geos.... I got a name approved on SH (SH registered).
There are names i got over 100 end-users, yet no positive outcome
If I were you, I will list the names though. Though 12 names is still not enough. How many did you handreg?
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Prosperity4All: 11:20pm On Jan 15, 2022
daxon001:
Over 5 years online, haven't made 1kobo... maybe it's a curse cry
What would your living condition be today if Newton thought he was a cursed Scientist after 900 failed experiments. No he was ready to go on another 100, even 200
Business is a Marathon not a Sprint.
Late starters usually supercede the early birds
If you have the resources to sustain till the wins starts, then keep grinding.
Even if there is a curse they don't last forever

What sustains me is knowing that there is still improvements to make in my marketing skills and quality of Names registered.
However, in summary, I think domaining is better enjoyed when done as a Side gig rather than the main hustle that takes care of your bills

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Prosperity4All: 11:33pm On Jan 15, 2022
symbuul:
Should I park this domain? I just hand regged it day before yesterday and put a "buy now" price on it just now. Bought it at dynadot and listed at Dan.

Nobody can answer this correctly, you just need to park and see what the click through rate is.
Some domains receive plenty visits yet zero clicks. While some, for every 10 visits they get 3 clicks
The profit is in the clicks. Then you now check what CPC it returns. There you have your decision.

Also first few days views at Dan might not be external visits/traffic
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Prosperity4All: 11:46pm On Jan 15, 2022
Mr2kul:

I had about 12 names,... 2 just got expired.
I don't just know what am doing wrong.
I'm reading the thread from the very first page though... I've gotten to an extent.

What did you do with the 2 Names that just expired?
Did you try Liquidating them, if yes where?
I think we should have a thread here dedicated to Liquidation.

For you to have a SH approved name, I think you are already an Emeritus in this business. Just hang in here , your testimony is negotiating the corner

1 Like

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Prosperity4All: 12:06am On Jan 16, 2022
symbuul:

I have been doing some testing on xyz,
I would suggest you stick to registering one word (if Swether never collect all) only OR 2 words with over 50k SV ( that's what I have) the Idea is I might get some coins packing while I wait for a sale.

I like metafundtransfer//king but the question is what End user(s) did you spot before registering this one

2 Likes

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Mr2kul(m): 12:43am On Jan 16, 2022
Sapiosexuality:
If I were you, I will list the names though. Though 12 names is still not enough. How many did you handreg?
3 Handreg... The rest were picked from ED.

Pet//Rescue//Services (my first ever registered name).
Pinnacle//Garage//Door
Washington//Family//Dentist
Collins//Plumbing//And//Heating (later discovered i made a wrong choice).
Shreveport//Family//Law//Attorney
Houston///Tx//Flooring (Rushed to register this without checking stats that day. It was after some days i discovered it has no reasonable metric)
Photographer//Huntsville
Chiropractor//Dayton
Brave//Strive (Hand reg)
Dwell//izo (SH registered)
Lakes//Family//Dental (recently picked)
All in king.

Crypto//Circle//xyz (handreg) I later discovered this name has low SV.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Mr2kul(m): 12:53am On Jan 16, 2022
Prosperity4All:

What did you do with the 2 Names that just expired?
Did you try Liquidating them, if yes where?
I think we should have a thread here dedicated to Liquidation.

For you to have a SH approved name, I think you are already an Emeritus in this business. Just hang in here , your testimony is negotiating the corner
I didn't liquidate.
@the bolded, AMEN..
Thank you
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by symbuul: 2:35am On Jan 16, 2022
Prosperity4All:

I have been doing some testing on xyz,
I would suggest you stick to registering one word (if Swether never collect all) only OR 2 words with over 50k SV ( that's what I have) the Idea is I might get some coins packing while I wait for a sale.

I like metafundtransfer//king but the question is what End user(s) did you spot before registering this one

Of a truth, I just grabbed that name because the "funds" counterpart had an outrageous price of £73k on it. So I checked the singular and it was available. Stupid move, I guess know.

MODified: From the research I've been on for hours, the name seems not to be a good one. No worries, more effort.
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by massive1019(m): 5:54am On Jan 16, 2022
symbuul:
Lol
Bro, dont ever fall for this, .xyz can never be the future. Even Sweatha that is selling .xyz buys dictionary one word names or key words like ShipYard, MoveUp, DropIt etc. Not "IDoWhatIDo.xyz"

If you check his example of DomainKing, the guy simply bought his "probably" trade mark name in other extensions. Check DomainKing///co , DomainKing///io.

People using .xyz are just startups looking for a name that the big guns have already registered the .com

If you see a .xyz that other extensions have been registered, go for it but not just registering anyhow names and thinking .xyz is the future.

Examples of .xzy i own

MetaPM
Respectfully
CapitalSpace etc...

One love

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Goldsonjay: 6:34am On Jan 16, 2022
Make up to 100k weekly with your phone on affiliate marketing.
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Sapiosexuality(m): 7:56am On Jan 16, 2022
Mr2kul:

3 Handreg... The rest were picked from ED.

Pet//Rescue//Services (my first ever registered name).
Pinnacle//Garage//Door
Washington//Family//Dentist
Collins//Plumbing//And//Heating (later discovered i made a wrong choice).
Shreveport//Family//Law//Attorney
Houston///Tx//Flooring (Rushed to register this without checking stats that day. It was after some days i discovered it has no reasonable metric)
Photographer//Huntsville
Chiropractor//Dayton
Brave//Strive (Hand reg)
Dwell//izo (SH registered)
Lakes//Family//Dental (recently picked)
All in king.

Crypto//Circle//xyz (handreg) I later discovered this name has low SV.
Pet Rescue Services. My advice here is to get new leads. Get a lead from cities different from the ones you got earlier. Try Miami, FL, Austin, Phoenix, LA, etc.

And if you did that and no response from anyone, then it's time to look at your mail and make sure they are not disappearing. For a name like this, you should get, in the least, a 1000 endusers.

Do the same thing for others. Try to increase your leads. If you are using Reeon for scrapping try to use Letsextract. Or try our guys scrapping here. If you don't have money for that, then patiently do manual sourcing on google and bing.

Source for more leads for HoustonTx Flooring. It should sell but that will depend on your pricing, number of endusers you are contacting and your mails reaching their end. Mails can either go to inbox, spam folder or don't even reach the target address at all.

And don't hang reg for now. Brave Strive is good but it's a Brandable name. You can't outbound that and if you are going to reg a Brandable when you've not made a sale, it'd be good to go with a trending term. Like meta.

Crypto Cycle is good and doesn't need an SV to sell but what you look out for when it has to do with xyz is to check how many other extensions the name has been taken in. That should give you an idea of what to expect.

The bottom line is, if you are facing this state, then something is obviously wrong and you have to have a strategy for facing it. You have to design what you will do differently this year. E.g using a custom mail, warming your mail, regging only quality names, getting more leads or what ever. Do something different.

10 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Bigman02(m): 7:57am On Jan 16, 2022
Please has anyone used z.com??
Abeg how's they're services??... I want to make use of their promo of 4. For one domain name.

(1) (2) (3) ... (2611) (2612) (2613) (2614) (2615) (2616) (2617) ... (3313) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 10 / Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 11 / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here

Viewing this topic: Fixitnow, Nezta43 and 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.