Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,417 members, 7,815,937 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:34 PM

What To Do To Make Money Online? - Business (3265) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / What To Do To Make Money Online? (3545773 Views)

Top 5 Strategies Millionaire Entrepreneur Use To Make Money Online / Can You Really Make Money Online On Autopilot? / Make Quick Money Online And Offline (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (3262) (3263) (3264) (3265) (3266) (3267) (3268) ... (3313) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Underdawgg: 8:49am On Dec 28, 2023
Good Morning guys. Can someone please help?

After accepting an offer for a domain name, what is next??

Also, how do i push the domain name since it was registered on SPACESHIP to Dan............... How do i get authorization code dan is requesting for?

Thank You!

1 Like

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by ovokate(f): 8:58am On Dec 28, 2023
Underdawgg:
Good Morning guys. Can someone please help?

After accepting an offer for a domain name, what is next??

Also, how do i push the domain name since it was registered on SPACESHIP to Dan............... How do i get authorization code dan is requesting for?

Thank You!
1. You wait for payment notification from Dan.

2. I don't think spaceship has an account with Dan yet so you might not be able to push the domain. If the domain is 60 days old you can request for authorization code from spaceship and send to Dan. If not you have to wait until domain is 60 days old
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Underdawgg: 9:06am On Dec 28, 2023
ovokate:

1. You wait for payment notification from Dan.

2. I don't think spaceship has an account with Dan yet so you might not be able to push the domain. If the domain is 60 days old you can request for authorization code from spaceship and send to Dan. If not you have to wait until domain is 60 days old

1. Have received payment notification already.

2. The domain is more than 60 days....

Dan is requesting for authorization code. So the next step is to get the code and give Dan?
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by ovokate(f): 10:02am On Dec 28, 2023
Underdawgg:

Dan is requesting for authorization code. So the next step is to get the code and give Dan?
Yes, get the code from spaceship and send to Dan. Make sure you copy and paste to avoid any error
Congratulations

4 Likes

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Underdawgg: 10:10am On Dec 28, 2023
ovokate:

Yes, get the code from spaceship and send to Dan. Make sure you copy and paste to avoid any error
Congratulations

Thanks Brother.
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by James39: 10:11am On Dec 28, 2023
Underdawgg:

When the money land, make we see sales report ooo abeg.

This thread too dry.

6 Likes

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Heyzee5: 6:31am On Dec 29, 2023
beckplanet:
If anyone is struggling with card payments, simply open/create a payoneer account and get their dollar virtual card. If you can be able to make a domain sale and recieve it via payoneer then you'll have enough funds for your domain name registrations and purchases. Works for me every single time and payoneer virtual dollar card is accepted by all platforms be it for domain related services or otherwise.
Compliments of the season people. cool

Peace smiley
Boss, ginger us with sales report now. We are eagerly waiting ooo!

2 Likes

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by tevanso(m): 1:04pm On Dec 29, 2023
Please teach me how to get started. Thanks
OCEANS7:

Being motivated is a good thing... But, doing things the right way is equally as important.

Did you undergo any training on this - before venturing into it? If not - why not contact the OP and get tutored a bit.

It also helps to run through at least page 1 - 2000 of this thread (there's value in it).

- You'd learn from the questions of others.
- You'd also see some "beginner" mistakes and learn from them.

Solely for the purpose of motivation I have attached screenshots of my first year in domaining. And the first sales I made.

I stumbled on this thread, took the OP's training - and began domaining.

I made my errors and learned from them.

There's a lot of educational motivation and critique in the earlier parts of this thread - you should do well to read them.

To the glory of God - I have seen growth. My earnings this year is roughly 5times my year 1.

Currently (2023) - I am still very much a newbie in domaining, but I now make a decent number of sales every month and average between $1-$2k monthly. Strictly through outbounding.

Apologies for the long essay - but, if it is motivation you want - I have shared my journey with you.

There are folks with more exciting domaining stories to tell on this very thread. I urge them to please share...

Thank you @OP Iyke - for starting this thread. It has literally changed my life!

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by James39: 2:34pm On Dec 29, 2023
sales report

Handreg: $1 1st time promo
Holde time: 3 months 3days
Sales venue: Afternic
Asking price: $200
Sales price: $350

First outbound after i regged the name, one enduser asked "how much" after which he ghosted me, another buyer made $100 offer and ghosted also. I abandoned the name for future outbound.

later Outbound with price of 200, buyer went to afternic to buy at $350.

Afternic charges for conversion fee, usd to gbp Plus Grey 1% transfer fee.

more sales to us all

38 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by McTeesticks(m): 4:47pm On Dec 29, 2023
James39:
sales report

more sales to us all

Congratulations

3 Likes

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Huw(m): 4:54pm On Dec 29, 2023
James39:
sales report

First outbound after I regging the name, one enduser asked "how much" after which he ghosted me, another buyer made $100 offer and ghosted also. I abandoned the name for future outbound.

later Outbound with price of 200, buyer went to afternic to buy at $350.

Afternic charges for conversion fee, usd to gbp Plus Grey 1% transfer fee.

more sales to us all

Congratualtions Bro

1 Like

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by OCEANS7(m): 8:50pm On Dec 29, 2023
Congratulations @James39 ...
That's a 350x ROI on your $1 investment!
Isn't domaining sweet!!!

James39:
sales report

more sales to us all

2 Likes

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Brymo4all(m): 11:35am On Dec 30, 2023
Congrats Champ

James39:
sales report

more sales to us all

1 Like

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by beckplanet: 1:39pm On Dec 30, 2023
2023 Domain Sales Report

2023 was a stable but very slow year in sales. With the emergence of chat gpt and open ai from 2022 saw the rise in AI name trend and tech related trends. One of the many trends I missed the train on again because of my busy schedule and not paying close attention to things happening around lately.

My highlight sale of the year came from FrostConsult//com, a name I registered mid 2018 during the networksolutions promo period, I renewed the name for one year but however let it drop the next year 2020, somehow the name continued to show in my networksolutions account as expired deleted category and I didn't bother so much, so fastforward 2021 when name is already 1 year expired, networksolutions support reached out to me that the name have received a $150 offer from a willingness buyer, but because the name was no longer in my account and the expense of getting back from redemption and paying the huge redemption fee feature was a discouragement so I passed on pursuing the offer plus d not even knowing if the offer was legit in first place, I saw it as a gamble I wasn't willing to take, Fast-forward 2022 another offer of around 400usd came in for the same name through my registrant email via networksolutions support but at this point I felt name have expired 2 years ago and I have moved on already from it and therefore I might be receiving this offers in error or something, on a second thought I felt maybe this name is stuck on my deleted account names / redemption area but because of the rigorous process of redeeming a long time expired name I ignored the offer the second time.

Again in early 2023, the offer came again with same amount of 400usd was being offered but now through a Godaddy broker who reached out to me explaining that a buyer is interested in purchasing the name and Is willing to pay the offered amount asap if I accept offer, that was when I realized the offers are serious so out of curiosity I researched on the name then discovered that frost businesses is big in Australia and New Zealand and some companies, were using different variations of the name but frostconsult //com seemed like the perfect name, so without much deliberation I reluctantly quoted $15k to the Godaddy reps name broker who reached out to me, I didn't even bother explaining to them that this name used to be in my account and no longer there. I just wanted to scare them off with the high price so they stop disturbing me, but surprisingly they came back saying that the buyer needs the name so much and would be willing to pay $4k, I was suprised and wasn't even expecting such comeback, at that I decided to think of the possibility of getting the name back from redemption at networksolutions, so i decided to check the possibility of regaining the name back to my account if it's not already in someone's else's possession. So I called networksolutions domain support team and explained to them that I used to own this name 3 years ago but it expired but somehow still shows in my account as expired, and I asked them of the possibility of redemption of the name, so they said I can redeem the name but since it expired for like 3 years now but still in their registry that I'll have to pay 350usd to redeem name, so I felt that was a big gamble, however with the genuiness of the Godaddy broker's offer I felt I could take the gamble even if the sale falls through maybe I put up the name for 350usd and at least get my money back. So I paid the redemption fee and redeemed the name back in my networksolutions account. Then I went ahead to accept the Godaddy broker's offer of $4k, surprisingly the sale went through, this was just a miracle sale cos I can't explain how I was still receiving offers for a name that was long expired from my networksolutions account and how I even reluctantly quoted a big fee for the name and just like that the buyers paid, can't even explain how a name expired in my networksolutions account got a redemption chance after 3 years of expiry, and back in my account. So I give God all the glory for the sale cos I wasn't expecting it at all, at the time of the sale was in early February this year.

Here are the rest of my sales for the year, it was a pretty mediocre year of selling around just 8 names all year long with over 800 portfolio names and 500 of those I had to renew, which cost around 4.5kusd in renewals. So with the amount of name sales I endured some months with zero sales and across the year I added about 200 names to my portfolio to bring my names portfolio from around 600 to 800 names at the moment.
Here is a list of my other sales this year aside the frostconsult // com sale which I already explained in details above.

Nexadia//com $1799 Afternic (25% AN commission)
Finxia//com $2,199 Squadhelp (30% SH commission)
Givvio//com $1,988 Afternic (25% AN commission)
Nexatravel//com $1,799 Squadhelp (30% SH commission)
Fintovo//com $1,705 DAN (15% DAN commission)
Beluxo//com $1885 Squadhelp (30% SH commission)
Airviser//com $1799 Squadhelp (30% SH commission)

Moreso, I registered some ai names too this year but still waiting for the results on that one. I tried doing auctions this year but it wasn't working for me but I'll restudy it again in, I also took steps to reinvent my domaining philosophy this year to help scale up sales but couldn't find much time for an in depth study/change, so i still stick with my past domaining knowledge, but actively looking to evolve and improve to my strategy.
Hope this insight helps someone and congrats to all those who made sales this year, for those who haven't don't worry your time will come.
Wishing everyone all the best, a merry Christmas and success in the coming new year.

Peace smiley

68 Likes 9 Shares

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by GrammarNazi1(m): 3:00pm On Dec 30, 2023
Bosses in the house, could you please share links to articles explaining domaining.
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by mygistheaven: 3:02pm On Dec 30, 2023
Thanks boss for this elaborate explaination. More Green to all of us!

1 Like

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by ovokate(f): 4:23pm On Dec 30, 2023
beckplanet:
2023 Domain Sales Report

Moreso, I registered some ai names too this year but still waiting for the results on that one. I tried doing auctions this year but it wasn't working for me but I'll restudy it again in, I also took steps to reinvent my domaining philosophy this year to help scale up sales but couldn't find much time for an in depth study/change, so i still stick with my past domaining knowledge, but actively looking to evolve and improve to my strategy.
Hope this insight helps someone and congrats to all those who made sales this year, for those who haven't don't worry your time will come.
Wishing everyone all the best, a merry Christmas and success in the coming new year.

Peace smiley
Congratulations and thanks for sharing. Did you list the frost domain on GoDaddy auctions or was it afternic listing you forgot to delete?
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by beckplanet: 4:47pm On Dec 30, 2023
ovokate:

Congratulations and thanks for sharing. Did 2you list the frost domain on GoDaddy auctions or was it afternic listing you forgot to delete?
No i didn't, list anywhere like I mentioned it was already deleted name I guess the offer from the first one came via whois info at the time. But am not clear how I still was able to receive the offers even after name have expired that's why I termed it as miracle sale cos I was expecting the turn of events that led to the sale.

1 Like

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by ovokate(f): 5:00pm On Dec 30, 2023
beckplanet:
No i didn't, list anywhere like I mentioned it was already deleted name I guess the offer from the first one came via whois info at the time. But am not clear how I still was able to receive the offers even after name have expired that's why I termed it as miracle sale cos I was expecting the turn of events that led to the sale.
Oh wow. I had to ask when I read that GoDaddy brokers contacted you. Congratulations once again
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by beckplanet: 5:19pm On Dec 30, 2023
ovokate:

Oh wow. I had to ask when I read that GoDaddy brokers contacted you. Congratulations once again
Yeah from the timeline you could read that probably the same buyer have contacted me to severally without response that they resorted to using a reputable broker like Godaddy to reach out instead.

3 Likes

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by donsheva: 7:22pm On Dec 30, 2023
Thanks for your insights. They are very helpful.

One of my major regrets in domaining this year was not transferring more names that I plan to keep beyond 2024 during that one/com 1.99 transfer promo. I transferred just 16 names , now I think I should have transfered more.

Maintaining a large portfolio is not small work though I still have under 500names.

It's a very challenging process of knowing what to keep and what to throw away.

beckplanet:
2023 Domain Sales Report

best, a merry Christmas and success in the coming new year.

Peace smiley

3 Likes

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by VersatileVee: 4:15am On Dec 31, 2023
Hi Fam,

*Dynadot reg and push is available
*Dynadot renewal transfer is also available

Rate: 1120

DM us to get started!

WhatsApp Contact: 09161916421
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by massive1019(m): 7:52am On Dec 31, 2023
2023 summary:

Names bought: 222 (geo, brandables)
Names sold: 48 (1 brandable)
Worst month: January with zero sales
Best month: September with 8 names sold ( $1,748 )
Afternic: 26
Daaz: 13
Dan: 9
C.P = $1,950.44
S.P (Gross) = $10,650
S.P (Net) = $8,773.3
Operating Expenses = $480
Net Profit = $6,342.86
Best niche: Law
LS: Snovio, Manual GMap.
Mode of Outbound: Manual (Boomerang).

Our tomorrow shall be better than today IJN.

More sales to us all...

54 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by yemight2776(m): 11:33am On Dec 31, 2023
Please is there way to make location not showing on Sedo because I discovered anytime I posted, the location usually show with the sell lander.

Any help please...thanks

1 Like

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by chicfarmer: 11:53am On Dec 31, 2023
massive1019:
2023 summary:

C.P = $1,950.44
S.P (Gross) = $10,650
S.P (Net) = $8,773.3
Net Profit = $6,342.86

More sales to us all...
Big Congratulations!
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by riqmarol(m): 1:29pm On Dec 31, 2023
You dey always motivate boss. Congratulations
beckplanet:
2023 Domain Sales Report

2023 was a stable but very slow year in sales. With the emergence of chat gpt and open ai from 2022 saw the rise in AI name trend and tech related trends. One of the many trends I missed the train on again because of my busy schedule and not paying close attention to things happening around lately.

My highlight sale of the year came from FrostConsult//com, a name I registered mid 2018 during the networksolutions promo period, I renewed the name for one year but however let it drop the next year 2020, somehow the name continued to show in my networksolutions account as expired deleted category and I didn't bother so much, so fastforward 2021 when name is already 1 year expired, networksolutions support reached out to me that the name have received a $150 offer from a willingness buyer, but because the name was no longer in my account and the expense of getting back from redemption and paying the huge redemption fee feature was a discouragement so I passed on pursuing the offer plus d not even knowing if the offer was legit in first place, I saw it as a gamble I wasn't willing to take, Fast-forward 2022 another offer of around 400usd came in for the same name through my registrant email via networksolutions support but at this point I felt name have expired 2 years ago and I have moved on already from it and therefore I might be receiving this offers in error or something, on a second thought I felt maybe this name is stuck on my deleted account names / redemption area but because of the rigorous process of redeeming a long time expired name I ignored the offer the second time.

Again in early 2023, the offer came again with same amount of 400usd was being offered but now through a Godaddy broker who reached out to me explaining that a buyer is interested in purchasing the name and Is willing to pay the offered amount asap if I accept offer, that was when I realized the offers are serious so out of curiosity I researched on the name then discovered that frost businesses is big in Australia and New Zealand and some companies, were using different variations of the name but frostconsult //com seemed like the perfect name, so without much deliberation I reluctantly quoted $15k to the Godaddy reps name broker who reached out to me, I didn't even bother explaining to them that this name used to be in my account and no longer there. I just wanted to scare them off with the high price so they stop disturbing me, but surprisingly they came back saying that the buyer needs the name so much and would be willing to pay $4k, I was suprised and wasn't even expecting such comeback, at that I decided to think of the possibility of getting the name back from redemption at networksolutions, so i decided to check the possibility of regaining the name back to my account if it's not already in someone's else's possession. So I called networksolutions domain support team and explained to them that I used to own this name 3 years ago but it expired but somehow still shows in my account as expired, and I asked them of the possibility of redemption of the name, so they said I can redeem the name but since it expired for like 3 years now but still in their registry that I'll have to pay 350usd to redeem name, so I felt that was a big gamble, however with the genuiness of the Godaddy broker's offer I felt I could take the gamble even if the sale falls through maybe I put up the name for 350usd and at least get my money back. So I paid the redemption fee and redeemed the name back in my networksolutions account. Then I went ahead to accept the Godaddy broker's offer of $4k, surprisingly the sale went through, this was just a miracle sale cos I can't explain how I was still receiving offers for a name that was long expired from my networksolutions account and how I even reluctantly quoted a big fee for the name and just like that the buyers paid, can't even explain how a name expired in my networksolutions account got a redemption chance after 3 years of expiry, and back in my account. So I give God all the glory for the sale cos I wasn't expecting it at all, at the time of the sale was in early February this year.

Here are the rest of my sales for the year, it was a pretty mediocre year of selling around just 8 names all year long with over 800 portfolio names and 500 of those I had to renew, which cost around 4.5kusd in renewals. So with the amount of name sales I endured some months with zero sales and across the year I added about 200 names to my portfolio to bring my names portfolio from around 600 to 800 names at the moment.
Here is a list of my other sales this year aside the frostconsult // com sale which I already explained in details above.

Nexadia//com $1799 Afternic (25% AN commission)
Finxia//com $2,199 Squadhelp (30% SH commission)
Givvio//com $1,988 Afternic (25% AN commission)
Nexatravel//com $1,799 Squadhelp (30% SH commission)
Fintavo//com $1,705 DAN (15% DAN commission)
Beluxo//com $1885 Squadhelp (30% SH commission)
Airviser//com $1799 Squadhelp (30% SH commission)

Peace smiley
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by riqmarol(m): 1:29pm On Dec 31, 2023
Congratulations Chief
massive1019:
2023 summary:

C.P = $1,950.44
S.P (Gross) = $10,650
S.P (Net) = $8,773.3
Net Profit = $6,342.86

More sales to us all...
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by OCEANS7(m): 2:38pm On Dec 31, 2023
Congratulations @beckplanet ... Congratulations @massive1019

Wishing us more success in 2024

2 Likes

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by sammyrollo: 2:43pm On Dec 31, 2023
Sales Report
ALL THANKS TO GOD
HT:less than a month
Sales Type:inbound

The bin price was 4k, but the buyer made an offer of $500 which I countered with $3k, but the buyer was so sincere that they only have a limited budget of $1k which I rejected but after two days I accepted to sell it at $1k if he is going to cater for the commission fee, which he accepted the offer immediately.

44 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by iykepromotions: 5:17pm On Dec 31, 2023
Woke up this morning to see this. Hold time 2 months. Reg fee. Followed up last week though no response, Probably one of them bought it. All thanks to God almighty.

38 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by Mkingz(m): 5:53pm On Dec 31, 2023
Congratulations boss...was this a handreg or auctions?
sammyrollo:
Sales Report
ALL THANKS TO GOD
HT:less than a month
Sales Type:inbound

The bin price was 4k, but the buyer made an offer of $500 which I countered with $3k, but the buyer was so sincere that they only have a limited budget of $1k which I rejected but after two days I accepted to sell it at $1k if he is going to cater for the commission fee, which he accepted the offer immediately.
Re: What To Do To Make Money Online? by mahvie: 8:17pm On Dec 31, 2023
Congrats to everyone. Personally, I made zero sales this year. Hopefully, next year will be better. Happy new year in advance to everyone.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (3262) (3263) (3264) (3265) (3266) (3267) (3268) ... (3313) (Reply)

Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 10 / Football (+Other Sports) Betting Season 11 / If You Are Uber Partner In Lagos, Please Share Your Experience Here

Viewing this topic: Oluvick247, TaiwoKing and 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 100
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.