Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,102 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:04 PM

I'm I Qualified To Get Married Or Not? - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I'm I Qualified To Get Married Or Not? (25339 Views)

SEE THIS Before You Get Married or Don't Ever Get Married [Picture] / Guys, Will You Get Married Or Be A Baby Daddy? / What Is The Core Reason Why You Got Married Or Intend To Get Married? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'm I Qualified To Get Married Or Not? by Nobody: 10:53pm On Oct 31, 2016
i got this for u.

"By all means marry; if you get a good wife, you'll become happy; if you get a bad one, you'll become a philosopher."
Re: I'm I Qualified To Get Married Or Not? by skywalker240(m): 10:54pm On Oct 31, 2016
soloroyality:

as a lady may u marry at the age of 30. Say amen

No,...35 actually, grin ....(no be me tok am oo, na wetin one reaction babe suggest to OP ok oo.. grin)

1 Like

Re: I'm I Qualified To Get Married Or Not? by moshino(m): 10:57pm On Oct 31, 2016
Young03:

see wetin u dey advise person

He is still young @ 30 to get married, u mean married man can't go to school, the way una dey hype school self tire me, whereas those that have graduated r yet to see work..

guy u better go marry n enter school

if u want to graduate before marriage, u may turn to Banky w

He cannot successfully get married and enter school at the same time, both endeavors bear enormous responsibilities and demands on his time, energy, finance, emotional and mental well being. You cannot serve those 2 masters equally well at the same time.

1 Like

Re: I'm I Qualified To Get Married Or Not? by deltateam: 11:03pm On Oct 31, 2016
ucsparks:
marriage at 30? TUFIAKWA!!!!. You want to give yourself such burden at this young age
Go and get a degree jare, then in 5years time u think about marriage burden

What makes marriage a burden most times is finance. Since op is buoyant enough let him marry. He gets to enjoy his family more than when he's 40.
Re: I'm I Qualified To Get Married Or Not? by warmachine(m): 11:03pm On Oct 31, 2016
Young03:

see wetin u dey advise person

He is still young @ 30 to get married, u mean married man can't go to school, the way una dey hype school self tire me, whereas those that have graduated r yet to see work..

guy u better go marry n enter school

if u want to graduate before marriage, u may turn to Banky w

Gbam!...you nailed it....I wonder y they can't understand that education is a tool for success and not success in its self....and that also shows many of this ladies don't know the aim of marriage ..marriage is not something you do after school...its something you do when you find someone who makes you happy...its because of the financial culture that kindoff mandates school so that you can pay bills...its not some sort of nysc or job hunt...

2 Likes

Re: I'm I Qualified To Get Married Or Not? by warmachine(m): 11:04pm On Oct 31, 2016
ucsparks:
marriage at 30? TUFIAKWA!!!!. You want to give yourself such burden at this young age
Go and get a degree jare, then in 5years time u think about marriage burden

I see...I smell ignorance
Re: I'm I Qualified To Get Married Or Not? by Barigaboy(m): 11:06pm On Oct 31, 2016
Funfair001:
Hello Nlanders, I need mature advice please. I'm a 29years old man....I dropped out of University for business and I'm making stable income but now, I want to go back to school (abroad) which I have started my admission processing. Next year, I will be 30years old and some guys are advising me to get married since I have the money to take care of my family and my studies.

I'm confused even though I wish to get married too but still, I don't know what to do. Please I need mature advise if I should just go ahead or shun marriage for now.

Thank you all

If u think u r fit to get marry pls do but don't do it because your friend said so. Do it because u r married.
Re: I'm I Qualified To Get Married Or Not? by HCF(m): 11:09pm On Oct 31, 2016
There are certain things you can not have back in life-time wasted is one of such. Personally, I dont think the OP is too young to get married. In fact he should have been married by now all things being equal...However, I do not belong to the school of thought that says if he marries much later in life(perhaps at 35 and above) 'he would spend his pension on his children's school fees'...or 'when he is sixty his child will just be twenty'...etc

With all due respect, that is a myopic way of thinking. We have seen instances where people married early,in their twenties and could not even have a child till their late forties/early fiftees. If their aim of getting married then was to have children early to avoid such problems, then has the aim not been defeated?....I have seen instances where a man in his late thirties is still a liability to the parents, while another boy in his early twenties has already become successful,making his own parents proud-Both parents of the man and the young boy are agemates..meaning one married atleast 10years before the other!...

In short, getting married early is not a guarantee you would be relieved of your children's financial or social burden early, it does not even mean you would become a grandparent before someone who married much later in life....

I am not saying getting married late is good...but we need to understand that,'life has no manual'..and the 'end justifies the means'

@Op.
Do you have someone you really like enough to get married to?. I mean someone who also shares in your values and ideals. If yes, then go ahead, marry her and regardless of the challenges you face, both of you can weather the storm together and u would emerge victorious...such stories are sweet to tell.. smiley

But, if u are asking this question because some of your colleagues, relatives or friends are married, and you think u should also marry, then you might be making a grave mistake-a kind of mistake which is becoming a recurring decimal in our society today...In as much as I support getting married as and when due, I won't encourage you to marry just because others are doing it. Cheers.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: I'm I Qualified To Get Married Or Not? by oribi(m): 11:19pm On Oct 31, 2016
Marriage ain't a key to happiness nor self satisfaction

My advice focus in making your EDUCATION a priority and in process if you "TRULY" fall in love then get married(someone who loves YOU for YOU & ready to be with no matter the circumstance "LOYALTY")
Re: I'm I Qualified To Get Married Or Not? by Taryur3(m): 11:31pm On Oct 31, 2016
Benita27:
You're still very young op, give it another 5yrs...focus on getting the tertiary education then get married when you're 35.

It will save you a lot, don't run into it because your friends are advising.
Young at 29, stop this pls.am younger than him and am having the zeal to marry now if the chosen one show up...pls...he is old to marry.
Re: I'm I Qualified To Get Married Or Not? by Taryur3(m): 11:35pm On Oct 31, 2016
OlajumokeBread:

What a Nigerian mentality

30 is a young age ??

Go tell that to Anthony Martial who got married at the age of 18

I got married at the age of 20

So your smoke filled brain told you that marriage is a burden ??

*Spits
Dnt mind them, so surprising how guys here posting that 30yrs old man is too young to marry...Nigerians can think anything stupid...besides...you don't marry at 20,you impregnate someone at 20.stop lieing
Re: I'm I Qualified To Get Married Or Not? by samtopwisdom(m): 11:52pm On Oct 31, 2016
Pls do not marry cos ur friends r sayin u shud do oooo its not dem dat will help u in d marriage *A broken relationshop is better dan a broken marriage* if i were U i will go for my education first
Re: I'm I Qualified To Get Married Or Not? by moshould(m): 11:54pm On Oct 31, 2016
you dey consider only the age factor,what of the economy of our country?? cost of feeding your family, bros e no easy to feed other people o... especially in naija where ur take home pay can no longer take you home.....age na numbe for poor people..
Re: I'm I Qualified To Get Married Or Not? by ogtavia(m): 12:01am On Nov 01, 2016
Benita27:
You're still very young op, give it another 5yrs...focus on getting the tertiary education then get married when you're 35.

very young at 35..really
Re: I'm I Qualified To Get Married Or Not? by Nobody: 12:09am On Nov 01, 2016
ogtavia:
very young at 35..really
Very young @29 and still young at @30 for marriage, he should focus on pressing things now.
Re: I'm I Qualified To Get Married Or Not? by Category1: 12:15am On Nov 01, 2016
Funfair001:
Hello Nlanders, I need mature advice please. I'm a 29years old man....I dropped out of University for business and I'm making stable income but now, I want to go back to school (abroad) which I have started my admission processing. Next year, I will be 30years old and some guys are advising me to get married since I have the money to take care of my family and my studies.

I'm confused even though I wish to get married too but still, I don't know what to do. Please I need mature advise if I should just go ahead or shun marriage for now.

Thank you all

Nwadialor arinze
Re: I'm I Qualified To Get Married Or Not? by Drdonzeez(m): 12:17am On Nov 01, 2016
Coldfeet:
lolz exactly o! Smh at folks saying 30 is young for a guy.

Let's do the maths.. get married at 30 have a kid by 31( for instance) by the time that child is ready for secondary school the guy is around 42! Add 6 years to that and he is 48.
Uni starts for the child at age 18-19 add 4years uni and 1year NYSC the child is 23-24 ish and the father is 53-54 ish.

And yet some people want him to wait?
Life is just beyond what you presume..I'm aware you've only done your calculations with the belief 'all things being equal' but you failed to understand that things don't work for different persons the same way. How are we sure the op will have children as soon as he gets married;no one prays for unfortunate situations anywhere.I will still reteriate on the op chasing his academic career for now if he's so ardent about it.I might have being jaundiced in my views though but Its just an opinion.
Re: I'm I Qualified To Get Married Or Not? by DrinkWater10: 12:18am On Nov 01, 2016
OlajumokeBread:

30 is a young age ??
*Spits
Anthony martial isnt married, get your facts right.

1 Like

Re: I'm I Qualified To Get Married Or Not? by DrinkWater10: 12:18am On Nov 01, 2016
OlajumokeBread:

30 is a young age ??
*Spits
Anthony martial isnt married, get your facts right.

1 Like

Re: I'm I Qualified To Get Married Or Not? by Youngzedd(m): 12:24am On Nov 01, 2016
Formal education at the age of 30

Bro you dey smoke something strong, no vex. Apply for e-learning if you must go to school.

University is overrated. At 30 you're still asking childish question.

When e go set, none of them here giving you stup1d advise will be there.
Re: I'm I Qualified To Get Married Or Not? by Youngzedd(m): 12:26am On Nov 01, 2016
Taryur3:

Dnt mind them, so surprising how guys here posting that 30yrs old man is too young to marry...Nigerians can think anything stupid...besides...you don't marry at 20,you impregnate someone at 20.stop lieing

Bros maka why naa

grin grin grin
Re: I'm I Qualified To Get Married Or Not? by evatee(m): 12:30am On Nov 01, 2016
Funfair001:

Thank you all

I am also in your shoes. I will advise u don't get married now if u are sure u want to further your studies. If u get married now it will make u lose focus. It will also pull you down. It won't make u achieve your aim on time. I will advise you to be focus with ur study for now. Many people made that mistake years back. Now they are mere secondary school teachers. If you really want to go far with ur academics and business don't give marriage a thought now. Presently am out of the country for my post graduate study...when it comes to marriage am over due for it but I won't give it a thought till the next few years. So decide well.
Re: I'm I Qualified To Get Married Or Not? by Runsome(m): 12:59am On Nov 01, 2016
Please my brother go marry leave the rest for ur children
Re: I'm I Qualified To Get Married Or Not? by misscall247: 12:59am On Nov 01, 2016
ChemicalReaction:
You can kill two birds with a stone. Follow your heart. In this era, If I'm in your shoes, i'll choose education. You're still a young man, your time isn't ticking yet and you may likely change your mind when kids start coming.#my opinion tho. @Cornoil, say something!
30yrs is a young man.......hmmmmm
Re: I'm I Qualified To Get Married Or Not? by Taryur3(m): 1:12am On Nov 01, 2016
Youngzedd:

Bros maka why naa

grin grin grin
Lols...sorry...buh how u go say u marry at 20
Re: I'm I Qualified To Get Married Or Not? by macminista(m): 1:17am On Nov 01, 2016
Benita27:

which kan advice b dis? Get married @35?
Re: I'm I Qualified To Get Married Or Not? by ogtavia(m): 1:24am On Nov 01, 2016
Benita27:
Very young @29 and still young at @30 for marriage, he should focus on pressing things now.
well for me,i feel,if one can,if the circumstances permit,set out on marriage early,marriage is best enjoyed and savoured in youth...I am 26 and I am praying to get married before I hit 30...hopefully 29..
Re: I'm I Qualified To Get Married Or Not? by Cecero(m): 1:26am On Nov 01, 2016
Guy the best advice for you is to shun that marriage for now. You probably are not planning to travel abroad with the young wife and yet who do you want to keep her here for? You are young bro and worse still going back to school. You may not be making a sound judgement going into uni already with a baggage. You are definitely going to meet a lot of beautiful creatures there and your mind might sway. Forget the love, I bet you'll fall into it a million times and you'll only have regrets and unsettled mind. Bro be free, you still have the time. Don't listen to these shitty about you being old enough, it might end in regrets. Go get the education and when you've sampled a lotta waists there, you may wish to pick one that meets your taste at the tail end of your course if you still gat the cash or leave it you finish and get job.
Re: I'm I Qualified To Get Married Or Not? by proudlyNigeria2(m): 2:11am On Nov 01, 2016
Its relative. For me 30 is old. Is it wen he strt to grow grey hair that he will settle down? All this girls asking him to go to school...will u marry him ni? Abeg oo. Oga settle down n still go to school. Shikina.
Re: I'm I Qualified To Get Married Or Not? by hollypagan: 3:02am On Nov 01, 2016
Wait let me read all your comments and tell wether your matured to get married
Re: I'm I Qualified To Get Married Or Not? by cc150615(f): 5:00am On Nov 01, 2016
HCF:
There are certain things you can not have back in life-time wasted is one of such. Personally, I dont think the OP too young to get married. In fact he should have been married by now all things being equal...However, I do not belong to the school of thought that says if he marries much later in life(perhaps at 35 and above) 'he would spend his pension on his children's school fees'...or 'his children would be under stress financially'.

With all due respect, that is a myopic way of thinking. We have seen instances where people married early,in their twenties and could not even have a child till their late forties/early fiftees. If their aim of getting married then was to have children early to avoid such a problem, then has the aim not been defeated?....I have seen instances where a man in his late thirties is still a liability to the parents, while another boy in his early twenties has already become successful,making his own parents proud-Both parents of the man and the young boy are agemates..meaning one married 10years before the other!...

In short, getting married early does not mean you would become relieved of your children's financial or social burden early, it does not even mean you would become a grandparent before someone who married much later in life....

However I am not saying getting married late is good...but we need to understand that,'life has no manual'..and the 'end justifies the means'

@Op.
Do you have someone you really like enough to get married to?. I mean someone who also shares in your values and ideals. If yes, then go ahead, marry her and regardless of the challenges you face, both of you can weather the storm together and u would emerge victorious...such stories are sweet to tell.. smiley

But, if u are asking this question because some of your colleagues, relatives or friends are married, and you think u should also marry, then you might be making a grave mistake-a kind of mistake which is becoming a recurring decimal in our society today...In as much as I support getting married as and when due, I won't encourage you to marry just because others are doing it. Cheers.
This is a million dollar advice. funfair001, look no further, this is the advice you're looking for.
Re: I'm I Qualified To Get Married Or Not? by valnelly(m): 5:11am On Nov 01, 2016
I'm 29 also. Feb 14th next year makes me 30. I just got admitted for my degree programme. Marriage is something I wanna do right after education.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

The Most Romantic Statement You Can Tell A Nigerian Babe / Ladies, Do You Feel H.o.r.n.y Too? / If You Truly Love Your Girlfriend, Use Her Picture As Your DP On Valentine's Day

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.