Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,203 members, 7,953,744 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 02:45 AM

I'm I Qualified To Get Married Or Not? - Romance (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / I'm I Qualified To Get Married Or Not? (25658 Views)

SEE THIS Before You Get Married or Don't Ever Get Married [Picture] / Guys, Will You Get Married Or Be A Baby Daddy? / What Is The Core Reason Why You Got Married Or Intend To Get Married? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I'm I Qualified To Get Married Or Not? by da3pu0(m): 5:36am On Nov 01, 2016
my brother. my candid advice on the matter might be too sided. before anyone can say i want to get married, u must put some things in to consideration.
1 marriage has no age bracket for "MEN".
2. one must be financially stable and emotionally balanced before you can embark on the journey called marriage
3. one must be able to make decision on his or her own though this doesn't stop him of taking advice from people.
4. one must have a partner he or she is courting with for a period of time before taking it to next step
5. one must have stable source(s) of income
so from your post , i saw that you are only been advised to get married and when you see the other way of marriage you will only be blaming those that advised to to go ahead with it forgetting that every home has its own cross to carry. you have to be finally convinced by yourself that its high time to settle down even when you are still schooling cos i see nothing bad in the step IF and only IF you keep those points aforementioned in mind. everyone that drop comment(s) on the matter is right in one way or the other cos most people are talking from experience.
you can check me out as a guidance and counselor on every matter especially on MARRIAGE AND RELATIONSHIPS, CAREER, HEALTH ISSUES ans may more. my contact triplezero2010. whatsapp: 08032066562 or give me call on the same line. you will be glad you did

1 Like

Re: I'm I Qualified To Get Married Or Not? by tosinjay(m): 5:49am On Nov 01, 2016
Too much hype for this school mata sef...
Re: I'm I Qualified To Get Married Or Not? by Mann11: 5:49am On Nov 01, 2016
freeman95:
don't know why it hurts a lot when we bite our tongue accidentally. But It doesn't hurt when we bite it intentionally. The thing I can't understand is why are you biting your tongue now.
Freeman, you got your nigga there.
Re: I'm I Qualified To Get Married Or Not? by Nobody: 6:03am On Nov 01, 2016
ChemicalReaction:
You can kill two birds with a stone. Follow your heart. In this era, If I'm in your shoes, i'll choose education. You're still a young man, your time isn't ticking yet and you may likely change your mind when kids start coming.#my opinion tho. @Cornoil, say something!

Na who education don epp? You want to waste almost 10 thousand pounds in a UK school, that you would come out & still be dragging jobs with their own citizens. It's like you don't have an idea of how much the fees in UK are before you jump into conclusions.

Education won't make you stand out in this era! Your Ideas will.

Come to think of it, You have money...you think women give a poo about your education ? undecided They don't care ! except he can't speak well.
Re: I'm I Qualified To Get Married Or Not? by Nobody: 6:12am On Nov 01, 2016
inthack:
The First Question i will ask you, even if you have all the decrees in the world, You will still seattle down, I love the fact that you said you are doing well in your business, and with your school skill, you are good to go, you are not like others with huge expectation of leaving school today and starting work after NYSC. My brother, Get married, You can school anytime and getting married even as at when you want to enroll in school wont be a problem...My take though

My broda, once he's married everything is over. He can't school anything ! You can only change the World when you are single.

Moreso, I don't even agree that a 29 year old man, still looking for School upandan. am sure its as a result of inferiority complex from his peers who are educated.

If he can't speak well, then he should travel and learn linguistics and semantics. Except that... He has money, thats all that matters undecided
Re: I'm I Qualified To Get Married Or Not? by fyneboi79(m): 6:32am On Nov 01, 2016
Funfair001:
Hello Nlanders, I need mature advice please. I'm a 29years old man....I dropped out of University for business and I'm making stable income but now, I want to go back to school (abroad) which I have started my admission processing. Next year, I will be 30years old and some guys are advising me to get married since I have the money to take care of my family and my studies.

I'm confused even though I wish to get married too but still, I don't know what to do. Please I need mature advise if I should just go ahead or shun marriage for now.

Thank you all

Bros pls go into deep analysis and make ur own personal decisions because only u will bear the consequences after the deed is done.
Re: I'm I Qualified To Get Married Or Not? by Youngzedd(m): 6:50am On Nov 01, 2016
Taryur3:

Lols...sorry...buh how u go say u marry at 20

Maybe only son level naa.
Re: I'm I Qualified To Get Married Or Not? by davidif: 6:53am On Nov 01, 2016
Funfair001:
Hello Nlanders, I need mature advice please. I'm a 29years old man....I dropped out of University for business and I'm making stable income but now, I want to go back to school (abroad) which I have started my admission processing. Next year, I will be 30years old and some guys are advising me to get married since I have the money to take care of my family and my studies.

I'm confused even though I wish to get married too but still, I don't know what to do. Please I need mature advise if I should just go ahead or shun marriage for now.

Thank you all

Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease go abroad and get that degree. Trust me you will learn a lot and it would open doors for you in future. Nothing beats an education. You can always marry later but don't miss your window of opportunity to go to school abi na when you don born pikin you go dey go back school. Please think long term.

https://www.nairaland.com/313588/best-business-schools-world
Re: I'm I Qualified To Get Married Or Not? by Nobody: 7:05am On Nov 01, 2016
ChemicalReaction:
my opinion! you hear? And yes! 30 is young for a guy!
i want to marry at the age of 23, 30 is not too young for a guy
Re: I'm I Qualified To Get Married Or Not? by Nobody: 7:13am On Nov 01, 2016
Funfair001:

Thank you all

dangote didn't went to university, footballers don't go to school, forget about schooling, u have made ur money, go and marry bro, i want to get married before i turned 23, buh if it didn't work atleast in my late 20's, me i want to see my great grand children, think about it
Re: I'm I Qualified To Get Married Or Not? by Nobody: 7:15am On Nov 01, 2016
da3pu0:
my brother. my candid advice on the matter might be too sided. before anyone can say i want to get married, u must put some things in to consideration.
1 marriage has no age bracket for "MEN".
2. one must be financially stable and emotionally balanced before you can embark on the journey called marriage
3. one must be able to make decision on his or her own though this doesn't stop him of taking advice from people.
4. one must have a partner he or she is courting with for a period of time before taking it to next step
5. one must have stable source(s) of income
so from your post , i saw that you are only been advised to get married and when you see the other way of marriage you will only be blaming those that advised to to go ahead with it forgetting that every home has its own cross to carry. you have to be finally convinced by yourself that its high time to settle down even when you are still schooling cos i see nothing bad in the step IF and only IF you keep those points aforementioned in mind. everyone that drop comment(s) on the matter is right in one way or the other cos most people are talking from experience.
you can check me out as a guidance and counselor on every matter especially on MARRIAGE AND RELATIONSHIPS, CAREER, HEALTH ISSUES ans may more. my contact triplezero2010. whatsapp: 08032066562 or give me call on the same line. you will be glad you did

I totally disagree with number 1. Most of those that he ought to have married b4 30 will already be married . No young girl will want to marry a guy @35 when she is only 25. Those cases are raaaare or he goes for a lady who is either divorced or I don't know. Besides who wants to be paying school fees at age 60

2 Likes

Re: I'm I Qualified To Get Married Or Not? by Nobody: 7:19am On Nov 01, 2016
You left school in the first because something made u to and you Ventured into business and that payed off. I feel school still might not work out since it failed before and I believe to go to school in Nigeria is not by force and it's not a basis for richness in naija. And I advice u raise ur child early. And also don't jump into marriage because of time and haste, if theres no serious relationship now just keep waiting for the right woman because the biggest mistake of ur entire life is to marry a woman not meant for you
Re: I'm I Qualified To Get Married Or Not? by SIRJENTLE: 7:22am On Nov 01, 2016
my dear,marrying because of age is wrong.marrying because you have the money is also wrong.
ask the rich men that have problems with their marriage if they do not have money again.
marry because you want to marry and besides it has a lot if things buried under it:
1) can you still travel abroad for your studies if you marry?
2)what happens to your business if you travel abroad?
3)can your wife effectively manage your business for you by that time?
4)who can take care of your wife when you are abroad?
5)is there any work waiting for you when you finish your studies abroad as you are going to start almost afresh when you comeback. then you will understand that the money you hoped on before marriage is not to be hoped on after marriage.
5)then lastly, do not discuss this with your fiancée/girl friend for she can. only tell you WE CAN MARRY AND THEN YOU CAN TRAVEL FOR YOUR STUDIES(just for her to secure her getting married,she will not think constructively).

thanks
Re: I'm I Qualified To Get Married Or Not? by soloroyality(m): 7:27am On Nov 01, 2016
skywalker240:

No,...35 actually, grin ....(no be me tok am oo, na wetin one reaction babe suggest to OP ok oo.. grin)

bros sorry ooh cheesy
Re: I'm I Qualified To Get Married Or Not? by StupidYorubaFool: 7:47am On Nov 01, 2016
Benita27:
You're still very young op, give it another 5yrs...focus on getting the tertiary education then get married when you're 35.

It will save you a lot, don't run into it because your friends are advising.
kissssess. muah.. I luv you for this.
I'm edified.
Re: I'm I Qualified To Get Married Or Not? by soloroyality(m): 7:48am On Nov 01, 2016
samtopwisdom:
Pls do not marry cos ur friends r sayin u shud do oooo
its not dem dat will help u in d marriage
*A broken relationshop is better dan a broken marriage*
if i were U i will go for my education first

u are telling him not to marry because a friend told him to marry if he's not the initiator of the idea of getting into marriage.

My question here is, A friend who know him very well in real life and a nairalander who is here to advice who do u think he should listen to.
Re: I'm I Qualified To Get Married Or Not? by NevetsIbot(m): 7:50am On Nov 01, 2016
ChemicalReaction:
You can kill two birds with a stone. Follow your heart. In this era, If I'm in your shoes, i'll choose education. You're still a young man, your time isn't ticking yet and you may likely change your mind when kids start coming.#my opinion tho. @Cornoil, say something!
at 29? Young? Time is flying fast... If I'm 29 nd not married yet...something is wrong.

At age 30, time flies for men. Op shud just focus on enlarging his bussiness bigtime rather than wast money on acqjiring a document that won't be valued in Nigeria.
Re: I'm I Qualified To Get Married Or Not? by Nobody: 7:55am On Nov 01, 2016
the degree is just a backup i guess

the choice is yours.... do you think you can combine both??

if you can then... do it
but try to reach your second year sha before you put a ring on it to be sure that you can.. handle it

or if you cant handle it.... be patient
Re: I'm I Qualified To Get Married Or Not? by skywalker240(m): 7:59am On Nov 01, 2016
soloroyality:

bros sorry ooh cheesy
That girl just got me rolling
Re: I'm I Qualified To Get Married Or Not? by soloroyality(m): 8:03am On Nov 01, 2016
skywalker240:
That girl just got me rolling

no mind her, she was highly intoxicated.
Re: I'm I Qualified To Get Married Or Not? by creamylicious(f): 8:05am On Nov 01, 2016
femi4:
Na your type dey pay children school fees at age 70 when you should be enjoying your pension
na wa oooooo... people wey marry early come dey childless for two decades plus nka ?? make una take am sofri sofri sofri dey yab people wey tey small b4 dem marry l
Re: I'm I Qualified To Get Married Or Not? by Nobody: 8:06am On Nov 01, 2016
bitchcrafts:
Well, Our maid here is 26 and she dey look for groom wey get money to take better care of her. If na loyalty u dey fear while away, I can keep an eye on her for you for free . She knows how to maximize stipends however small too no worry.... She no dey talk and she knows how to fukc well. This babe got maddening skills mehn!

How you take know say she get skill abi you dey drill her oil well too ?
Re: I'm I Qualified To Get Married Or Not? by Nwanna2588: 8:10am On Nov 01, 2016
Marry now is my advice since you can beat your chest that you've the money. Late marriage is not good as I'm here regretting why I've stayed long without marrying.
Lest I forget, make sure you marry and take your wife along while leaving the shore of this country.
Re: I'm I Qualified To Get Married Or Not? by bigiyaro(m): 8:10am On Nov 01, 2016
ucsparks:
marriage at 30? TUFIAKWA!!!!. You want to give yourself such burden at this young age
Go and get a degree jare, then in 5years time u think about marriage burden
Park well jare! Do you even understand what marriage is about? For the fact that you see marriage as a burden sef mean say u need life lessons.
Re: I'm I Qualified To Get Married Or Not? by skywalker240(m): 8:16am On Nov 01, 2016
soloroyality:

no mind her, she was highly intoxicated.
Thats the exact word....some people are yet to taste life reality, probably they still under parents guide, thats why they make and overhype education,...back then when i was growing up, it was instiled in my brain that if i dont go to school i will be poor,

Now that ive grown to reality, i realised it was just a weird assertion.
Re: I'm I Qualified To Get Married Or Not? by latinoKingdom(m): 8:20am On Nov 01, 2016
Funfair001:
Hello Nlanders, I need mature advice please

we can't say maybe you are qualified or not because we are not the one to live in that marriage with you. When you are ready you will know yourself infact your parents can't tell you that you are ready
Re: I'm I Qualified To Get Married Or Not? by chiefojiji(m): 8:20am On Nov 01, 2016
go and further your carrier bros! had it been that you have married now, and you now want to go further, fine. but now u can't do the 2 at a go. marriage is an institution too.

think am well
Re: I'm I Qualified To Get Married Or Not? by Flawlessangel(m): 8:22am On Nov 01, 2016
smithsydny:
If u get married are u still travelling? Nah woman she be oo.. Were in the same situation bro.. But marriage now is not in my agenda.

why is marriage not in your agenda?
Re: I'm I Qualified To Get Married Or Not? by bigiyaro(m): 8:24am On Nov 01, 2016
OP, if you are going to school to get a meal ticket, den fvck d school cos u r making money already, bt if its for personal fulfillment den by almeans get a real woman as a wife, real woman o.... Not all diz fake girls dat don't earn #1 in a month bt want to wear 50k Brazilian hair n use foundation n decking be make up. Avoid any girl that sees marriage as an employment opportunity. All said, 30 is the ideal age for a man to get married oo.... except u don't want to dance with ur dota on her wedding day.
Re: I'm I Qualified To Get Married Or Not? by Flawlessangel(m): 8:24am On Nov 01, 2016
vchykp:
if you dont have a serious relationship now, then go for your education..

words of wisdom

1 Like

Re: I'm I Qualified To Get Married Or Not? by femi4: 8:34am On Nov 01, 2016
creamylicious:
na wa oooooo... people wey marry early come dey childless for two decades plus nka ?? make una take am sofri sofri sofri dey yab people wey tey small b4 dem marry l
Its not like that o.....he was agitating that a 30yr old man is too young to marry
Re: I'm I Qualified To Get Married Or Not? by Nobody: 8:42am On Nov 01, 2016
Flawlessangel:

why is marriage not in your agenda?
I should marry her and leave her to Europe hmmm.. For how long? Young wife? That's not advisable ooo..

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Nigerians Consume 400 Million Condoms Annually - SFH / "Single Mom" Epidemic: Who Is To Blame- Men Or Ladies..? / How Do You Ask A Nigerian Lady Out In Style?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.