Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,002 members, 7,821,514 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:10 PM

20 Arguments For The Existence Of GOD - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 20 Arguments For The Existence Of GOD (5272 Views)

Why Does An Interacting God Need Arguments For Its Existence? / There Are Atheists Who Acknowledge the Existence of the Creator of the Universe / What Christians Say When They Are Losing Arguments (For Atheists) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 20 Arguments For The Existence Of GOD by EyeHateGod: 9:27am On Nov 06, 2016
TomHagen:
The OP added a disclaimer that his thread is not for the intellectually deficient. Did you not read it.
Oh so You think Believing In Yahweh is Intellectual but believing in F SM Is not? Wow this is pure Ignorance..
Re: 20 Arguments For The Existence Of GOD by DoctorAlien(m): 9:30am On Nov 06, 2016
akintom:

Your God does exist, BUT just that it's the very one you created with your very minute knowledge base.

Just as spiderman exist in a better scripted fictional story book, than the one that created God idea.

What is your own GOD? If none, how did the universe come about?
Re: 20 Arguments For The Existence Of GOD by TomHagen: 9:31am On Nov 06, 2016
EyeHateGod:

[b]Oh so You think Believing In Yahweh is Intellectual but believing in F SM Is not? [/b]Wow this is pure Ignorance..
From whence did you draw this conclusion? No derail thread abeg.
Re: 20 Arguments For The Existence Of GOD by EyeHateGod: 9:34am On Nov 06, 2016
TomHagen:
From whence did you draw this conclusion? No derail thread abeg.
I Drew the Conclusion From the Op Being A Christian Of course we All know the God he Meant was YAHWEH Or do you have any other in mind?

1 Like

Re: 20 Arguments For The Existence Of GOD by McIroncock: 9:38am On Nov 06, 2016
I'm of the opinion that we should not compare FSM, the one true God of the whole world to a Jewish folklore god

its an insult to FSM
Re: 20 Arguments For The Existence Of GOD by akintom(m): 9:41am On Nov 06, 2016
DoctorAlien:

What is your own GOD? If none, how did the universe come about?

My area of focus is God-idea, which was introduced by primitive (early) men, and being propagated by deluded modern folks.

It's the different oral and written accounts of this God idea, that tells the A-Z of all that can be KNOWN about God.

Therefore, i can only DISPROVE its existence by using the very means of its introduction into human experience.

That i have been doing with my writing on the series of "inherent evils in religious ideologies".

If you're not satisfied with the scientific position on the origin of life, then hold on to your beliefs.

1 Like

Re: 20 Arguments For The Existence Of GOD by TomHagen: 9:42am On Nov 06, 2016
EyeHateGod:

I Drew the Conclusion From the Op Being A Christian Of course we All the God he Meant Is YAHWEH Or do you have any other in mind?
You just wan derail abi?
Re: 20 Arguments For The Existence Of GOD by TomHagen: 9:45am On Nov 06, 2016
McIroncock:
I'm of the opinion that we should not compare FSM, the one true God of the whole world to a Jewish folklore god

its an insult to FSM
Operating two accounts at a time eh? Even me wey no get job no dey do this kind thing. How low can you go bro?
Re: 20 Arguments For The Existence Of GOD by McIroncock: 9:47am On Nov 06, 2016
TomHagen:
Operating two accounts at a time eh? Even me wey no get job no dey do this kind thing. How low can you go bro?

which one is the other account

abeg face discussion
Re: 20 Arguments For The Existence Of GOD by EyeHateGod: 9:48am On Nov 06, 2016
TomHagen:
You just wan derail abi?
No am Just Handling Hypocrisy From the Op
Re: 20 Arguments For The Existence Of GOD by DoctorAlien(m): 9:52am On Nov 06, 2016
akintom:

My area of focus is God-idea, which was introduced by primitive (early) men, and being propagated by deluded modern folks.

It's the different oral and written accounts of this God idea, that tells the A-Z of all that can be KNOWN about God.

Therefore, i can only DISPROVE its existence by using the very means of its introduction into human experience.

That i have been doing with my writing on the series of "inherent evils in religious ideologies".

If you're not satisfied with the scientific position on the origin of life, then hold on to your beliefs.

Who introduced the idea of GOD to primitive men?

I was holding on to my beliefs, anyway. I didn't call you into this thread.
Re: 20 Arguments For The Existence Of GOD by EyeHateGod: 9:58am On Nov 06, 2016
DoctorAlien:

your Thread was Already Dead on Arrival Can you Now imagine the Kind Of Stupid Question you are now Asking Who introduced God Of course we Know God is A Place holder For our ignorance... Oh did you see that Lightning? It must be the Gods...
Re: 20 Arguments For The Existence Of GOD by akintom(m): 10:17am On Nov 06, 2016
DoctorAlien:

The curiosity and imaginative components of the human mind (what the physical brain does), did the introduction of God idea.

I was holding on to my beliefs, anyway. I didn't call you into this thread.

Oh boy, you religious folks obviously live a life of hiding behind one finger. Don't you know that the world system revolves on competitive ideological balance?

Religious beliefs is an evil and inimical idea, that every rational beings have responsibility to ensure it's contained. It doesn't matter who or where it's being spread.

Do you realize you are addressing the public? Your bet is to keep your thoughts to the micro space of your brain. If you don't want to be challenged.

Re: 20 Arguments For The Existence Of GOD by DoctorAlien(m): 10:29am On Nov 06, 2016
akintom:

Oh boy, you religious folks obviously live a life of hiding behind one finger. Don't you know that the world system revolves on competitive ideological balance?

Religious beliefs is an evil and inimical idea, that every rational beings have responsibility to ensure it's contained. It doesn't matter who or where it's being spread.

Do you realize you are addressing the public? Your bet is to keep your thoughts to the micro space of your brain. If you don't want to be challenged.

All I see in this post is a person's idea and beliefs. Nothing worthy of consideration.

If no amount of belief makes something a fact, why do you hold evolution as a fact just because many "scientists" believe it?
Re: 20 Arguments For The Existence Of GOD by EyeHateGod: 10:44am On Nov 06, 2016
DoctorAlien:

All I see in this post is a person's idea and beliefs. Nothing worthy of consideration.

If no amount of belief makes something a fact, why do you hold evolution as a fact just because many "scientists" believe it?
One Does not Believe in Evolution You Either Understand It Or You Don't!
Re: 20 Arguments For The Existence Of GOD by DoctorAlien(m): 10:46am On Nov 06, 2016
EyeHateGod:

One Does not Believe in Evolution You Either Understand It Or You Don't!

grin grin grin grin

One does not believe in GOD. You either understand Him or you don't.
Re: 20 Arguments For The Existence Of GOD by EyeHateGod: 10:48am On Nov 06, 2016
DoctorAlien:

grin grin grin grin

One does not believe in GOD. You either understand Him or you don't.
Exactly One does Not Believe Superman Is Real You Either Understand Him or You dont

Now you are making Sense...
Re: 20 Arguments For The Existence Of GOD by DoctorAlien(m): 10:51am On Nov 06, 2016
EyeHateGod:

Exactly One does Not Believe Superman Is Real You Either Understand Him or You dont

Now you are making Sense...

It follows then that one cannot understand something that does not exist. And since GOD can be understood, He exists.
Re: 20 Arguments For The Existence Of GOD by EyeHateGod: 10:52am On Nov 06, 2016
DoctorAlien:

It follows then that one cannot understand something that does not exist.
Good Now you understand so Move along grin
Re: 20 Arguments For The Existence Of GOD by DoctorAlien(m): 10:53am On Nov 06, 2016
EyeHateGod:
Good Now you understand so Move along grin
grin grin
Re: 20 Arguments For The Existence Of GOD by Nobody: 11:00am On Nov 06, 2016
DoctorAlien:

I am a Christian today because I arrived at the fact that a GOD exists purely by thought processes. How I was able to differentiate the fake from the real is a whole new topic. I do not boast, anyway. The LORD mercifully drew me to Him.

The above bolded is a hasty generalization, especially when you consider that some people born into those countries and into those belief systems are Christians today.
But the main gist is that you were born in a predominantly Christian environment. And thus it is the factor that most matters.
If you were born before the missionaries came you would have been a traditional worshipper like your ancestors.
No religion is right or wrong and if there is a God they got it all wrong.
Re: 20 Arguments For The Existence Of GOD by Nobody: 11:04am On Nov 06, 2016
DoctorAlien:

It follows then that one cannot understand something that does not exist. And since GOD can be understood, He exists.
Then why is every one understanding him differently in different religions. If God was a universal factor he would have been the same all over the world. Same as 1+1=2
And the fact that something can be understood doesn't mean it exist inside anywhere but the mind.
I understand the Harry potter novels those that mean they are real. People understand star wars and start trek are they real?
Re: 20 Arguments For The Existence Of GOD by Nobody: 11:06am On Nov 06, 2016
DoctorAlien:

Scientist don't just believe it they prove it with verifiable facts. There findings can be carried out by anyone with means and determination.
And there findings if proved wrong is corrected. It is not belief.
Re: 20 Arguments For The Existence Of GOD by DoctorAlien(m): 11:09am On Nov 06, 2016
Lennycool:

Then why is every one understanding him differently in different religions. If God was a universal factor he would have been the same all over the world. Same as 1+1=2
And the fact that something can be understood doesn't mean it exist inside anywhere but the mind.
I understand the Harry potter novels those that mean they are real. People understand star wars and start trek are they real?

As far as He is understood, He exists. This is because you cannot understand something that does not exist. Suffice it to say that 2 can also be understood as 0.75 + 1.25. Or even 2 x 1. Or even 0.5 x 4. Or even 7-5.

There are some universally understood things about GOD:

1. He is omnipotent, omniscient and omnipresent.

2. He created the Universe.

3. He sustains it.

4. He deserves worship.
Re: 20 Arguments For The Existence Of GOD by DoctorAlien(m): 11:11am On Nov 06, 2016
Lennycool:

Scientist don't just believe it they prove it with verifiable facts. There findings can be carried out by anyone with means and determination.
And there findings if proved wrong is corrected. It is not belief.

Show me video of bacteria turning into worms, or tell me how I can replicate the experiment and observe it.
Re: 20 Arguments For The Existence Of GOD by Nobody: 11:16am On Nov 06, 2016
DoctorAlien:

Show me video of bacteria turning into worms, or tell me how I can replicate the experiment and observe it.
Well you can kill a bunch of bacteria with antibiotics, the ones that remain will be resistant, allow them to multiply and kill them again with the same antibiotics, continue doing so and eventually you'll find out none of the bacteria can be killed with the antibiotics any more. They have all evolved against that particular strain and the only way to kill them would be to change the antibiotics. This is what is currently happening in the world of drugs. The bacteria is evolving to fight the meds.
Other methods would take longer, from a few hundred years to millions.
Evolution takes time.
Re: 20 Arguments For The Existence Of GOD by DoctorAlien(m): 11:17am On Nov 06, 2016
Lennycool:

But the main gist is that you were born in a predominantly Christian environment. And thus it is the factor that most matters.
If you were born before the missionaries came you would have been a traditional worshipper like your ancestors.
No religion is right or wrong and if there is a God they got it all wrong.

Who told you so? What do you think Christianity is? Just mentioning Christ's Name? I was never born into an environment predominantly practising the belief system which I practise now.

Learn to construct arguments with minimal assumptions.
Re: 20 Arguments For The Existence Of GOD by Nobody: 11:19am On Nov 06, 2016
DoctorAlien:

As far as He is understood, He exists. This is because you cannot understand something that does not exist. Suffice it to say that 2 can also be understood as 0.75 + 1.25. Or even 2 x 1. Or even 0.5 x 4. Or even 7-5.

There are some universally understood things about GOD:

1. He is omnipotent, omniscient and omnipresent.

2. He created the Universe.

3. He sustains it.

4. He deserves worship.

That is where you are wrong.
Some Gods are not viewed as omni anything.
Some aren't viewed as the creator of the universe
Worship seems to be the only constant.
But then again would it be a religion without worship?

And those figures no matter how manipulated will always be the same everywhere.
Re: 20 Arguments For The Existence Of GOD by DoctorAlien(m): 11:20am On Nov 06, 2016
Lennycool:

Well you can kill a bunch of bacteria with antibiotics, the ones that remain will be resistant, allow them to multiply and kill them again with the same antibiotics, continue doing so and eventually you'll find out none of the bacteria can be killed with the antibiotics any more. They have all evolved against that particular strain and the only way to kill them would be to change the antibiotics. This is what is currently happening in the world of drugs. The bacteria is evolving to fight the meds.
Other methods would take longer, from a few hundred years to millions.
Evolution takes time.

Red herring.

I didn't ask you to explain adaptation to me. Neither did I ask you to explain to me why most antibiotic drugs no longer affect bacteria.

Show me a video of one species turning into another species, or tell me how I can observe it.
Re: 20 Arguments For The Existence Of GOD by Nobody: 11:22am On Nov 06, 2016
DoctorAlien:

Who told you so? What do you think Christianity is? Just mentioning Christ's Name? I was never born into an environment predominantly practising the belief system which I practise now.

Learn to construct arguments with minimal assumptions.
Belief system or not. You learnt the basics from your society. If you were in Pakistan how often would you have even heard of Christ. And if you were in nigeria before the coming of the missionaries you would have known absolutely nothing about Jesus. Then how do you think your belief system would have come about.
Re: 20 Arguments For The Existence Of GOD by DeSepiero(m): 11:23am On Nov 06, 2016
DoctorAlien:

Where is that GOD?

I don't know!
Can you answer my question already?

1 Like

Re: 20 Arguments For The Existence Of GOD by Nobody: 11:24am On Nov 06, 2016
DoctorAlien:

Red herring.

I didn't ask you to explain adaptation to me. Neither did I ask you to explain to me why most antibiotic drugs no longer affect bacteria.

Show me a video of one species turning into another species, or tell me how I can observe it.
With enough changes the bacteria would become a totally different strain in evey manner.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Nigerians Shouldn't Practise Imported Religions Like Christianity And Islam / "The Lord's Prayer" Is Not For Believers / The Truth About Ruth The 'moabite'..grab Your Bibles

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.