Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,400 members, 7,954,581 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 11:38 PM

20 Arguments For The Existence Of GOD - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 20 Arguments For The Existence Of GOD (5550 Views)

Why Does An Interacting God Need Arguments For Its Existence? / There Are Atheists Who Acknowledge the Existence of the Creator of the Universe / What Christians Say When They Are Losing Arguments (For Atheists) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 20 Arguments For The Existence Of GOD by DoctorAlien(m): 11:26am On Nov 06, 2016
Lennycool:

Belief system or not. You learnt the basics from your society. If you were in Pakistan how often would you have even heard of Christ. And if you were in nigeria before the coming of the missionaries you would have known absolutely nothing about Jesus. Then how do you think your belief system would have come about.

Who knows something about Jesus? The person who mentions His Name? Who do you think Jesus is?

You're an example of people who know nothing about Jesus. Some people in Pakistan who have not heard the Name of Jesus know of Him more than you do.
Re: 20 Arguments For The Existence Of GOD by EyeHateGod: 11:28am On Nov 06, 2016
DoctorAlien:

There are some universally understood things about GOD:

1. He is omnipotent, omniscient and omnipresent.
Fallacy Upon Fallacy When would you Stop?

This is Not universal To all God Yahweh ? Maybe yes!

2. He created the Universe.
Also Not Universal To all God Some God Exist With The Universes
3. He sustains it.
This is also Not Universal to All God Esp The Deistic God which i actually respect their View..

4. He deserves worship.
Not all Theist God Deserve Worship Yes Yahweh does But Not all So this is Not universal to all God

And besides i Can't imagine a God with a Quality of Point number 1 still Having your Point number 4? It contradict Each other... The problem is that You are not Honest with your Self...

1 Like

Re: 20 Arguments For The Existence Of GOD by jonbellion(m): 11:28am On Nov 06, 2016
Wait oo DoctorAlien why aren't you in church??
*gaap*
Are you pinging in the service??

2 Likes

Re: 20 Arguments For The Existence Of GOD by DoctorAlien(m): 11:29am On Nov 06, 2016
Lennycool:

With enough changes the bacteria would become a totally different strain in evey manner.

grin grin grin grin grin I must laugh!

Please, who's talking about strains here? Do you think everybody cannot differentiate between strains and species?

It isn't bad to admit that nobody has observed evolution in any replicable way whatsoever.
Re: 20 Arguments For The Existence Of GOD by DoctorAlien(m): 11:31am On Nov 06, 2016
jonbellion:
Wait oo DoctorAlien why aren't you in church??
*gaap*
Are you pinging in the service??

You don't know who I am grin grin grin
Re: 20 Arguments For The Existence Of GOD by jonbellion(m): 11:32am On Nov 06, 2016
DoctorAlien why should a perfect being care about worship
That is why it is perfect
Its not supposed to be egoistical
And why would a perfect being punish unbelievers like ourselves in an eternal fire for lack of belief but allow someone like Joseph Stalin into heaven if he repents on his deathbed?
If this is the being that did create everything it is obviously not intellegent
Your works matter most not belief

1 Like

Re: 20 Arguments For The Existence Of GOD by EyeHateGod: 11:35am On Nov 06, 2016
DoctorAlien:

Who knows something about Jesus? The person who mentions His Name? Who do you think Jesus is?

You're an example of people who know nothing about Jesus. Some people in Pakistan who have not heard the Name of Jesus know of Him more than you do.
This is Another Fallacy! In Israel where it is Claimed that Jesus Was Born almost 60% of Israel Believe that Jesus Didn't Exist that it's a Myth... If not more...

It's no doubt that the Muslim also believe in jesus are you also gonna accept their view on Jesus also? The reason why Muslims believe in Jesus is the keyword The Son Of Man

1 Like

Re: 20 Arguments For The Existence Of GOD by Nobody: 11:36am On Nov 06, 2016
DoctorAlien:

But if you had been in nigeria in the 1700s you would not know this your Lord and saviour.
Re: 20 Arguments For The Existence Of GOD by EyeHateGod: 11:37am On Nov 06, 2016
jonbellion:
DoctorAlien why should a perfect being care about worship. That is why it is perfect Its not supposed to be egoistical
And why would a perfect being punish unbelievers like ourselves in an eternal fire for lack of belief but allow someone like Joseph Stalin into heaven if he repents on his deathbed?
Re: 20 Arguments For The Existence Of GOD by Nobody: 11:39am On Nov 06, 2016
McIroncock:
everybody should listen to Lennycool on this thread

he giving unadulterated knowledge
Thank you for the endorsement cheesy
Re: 20 Arguments For The Existence Of GOD by DoctorAlien(m): 11:41am On Nov 06, 2016
jonbellion:

Whether you worship GOD or not, it changes nothing. You can at least be truthful enough to admit this.

The problem here is that you're trying to make your own perception of "perfection" universal.

It is also not hard to see that your ideology lacks any epitome of forgiveness in it: why do you think murdering somebody is far more grave than denying the existence of GOD and living in rebellion against Him?
Re: 20 Arguments For The Existence Of GOD by Nobody: 11:42am On Nov 06, 2016
jonbellion:
Remember that he's also a jealous God. And an avenging fire.
grin
How can a perfect being be jealous.
Not to mention all the times he regretted in the Bible even though being omniscient he knew it would happen.
I swear the Bible is poorly scripted.
Re: 20 Arguments For The Existence Of GOD by jonbellion(m): 11:44am On Nov 06, 2016
DoctorAlien:

Whether you worship GOD or not, it changes nothing. You can at least be truthful enough to admit this.

The problem here is that you're trying to make your own perception of "perfection" universal.

It is also not hard to see that your ideology lacks any epitome of forgiveness in it: why do you think murdering somebody is far more grave than denying the existence of GOD and living in rebellion against Him?
lol no you're not getting the point I'm all about forgiveness but it doesn't make sense that me a mere unbekiber would be punished for eternity while people that were really terrible on earth won't even get any divine retribution even for a small time
Re: 20 Arguments For The Existence Of GOD by EyeHateGod: 11:44am On Nov 06, 2016
Lennycool:

grin
Not to mention all the times he regretted in the Bible even though being omniscient he knew it would happen.
This are Interplay of Human Emotions...

1 Like

Re: 20 Arguments For The Existence Of GOD by Nobody: 11:45am On Nov 06, 2016
DoctorAlien:

grin grin grin grin grin I must laugh!

Please, who's talking about strains here? Do you think everybody cannot differentiate between strains and species?

It isn't bad to admit that nobody has observed evolution in any replicable way whatsoever.
Actually it has been observed in the case of certain fruit flies in America that evolved into a new specie.
I wanted to show you the one you can easily observe.
Re: 20 Arguments For The Existence Of GOD by jonbellion(m): 11:47am On Nov 06, 2016
Lennycool:

grin
lol if he's a consuming fire doesn't it make more sense to consume us with his fire once and for all??
But no ooo
He'll rather turn us to living suya

1 Like

Re: 20 Arguments For The Existence Of GOD by EyeHateGod: 11:51am On Nov 06, 2016
Lennycool:

Actually it has been observed in the case of certain fruit flies in America that evolved into a new specie.
Did someone teach you this before you accepted it? Didn't you sincerely whet out to seek this knowledge?

The only person i listen to is myself same with others. The truth is that no matter how you try to Convince him with fact he won't accept and besides logical argument doesn't work with religious folk...if he is ready and sincere with himself he will also go out to seek knowledge...
Re: 20 Arguments For The Existence Of GOD by DoctorAlien(m): 11:51am On Nov 06, 2016
Lennycool:

What did the fruitflies evolve into? Can you show me the video documenting all the steps they took in going from being fruitflies to being entirely different species?
Re: 20 Arguments For The Existence Of GOD by DoctorAlien(m): 11:51am On Nov 06, 2016
jonbellion:
lol no you're not getting the point I'm all about forgiveness but it doesn't make sense that me a mere unbekiber would be punished for eternity while people that were really terrible on earth won't even get any divine retribution even for a small time

Nobody will burn in fire forever.
Re: 20 Arguments For The Existence Of GOD by akintom(m): 11:52am On Nov 06, 2016
DoctorAlien:

What is your own GOD? If none, how did the universe come about?

It's certainly your badly contrapted God idea that is under scrutiny here.

You should also know that your question doesn't arise. Have you forgotten the meaning of Humanism?

Re: 20 Arguments For The Existence Of GOD by EyeHateGod: 11:56am On Nov 06, 2016
jonbellion:
lol if he's a consuming fire doesn't it make more sense to consume us with his fire once and for all??
But no ooo
He'll rather turn us to living suya
It is no news that YAHWEH Loves SUYA
Re: 20 Arguments For The Existence Of GOD by akintom(m): 11:58am On Nov 06, 2016
DoctorAlien:

All I see in this post is a person's idea and beliefs. Nothing worthy of consideration.

If no amount of belief makes something a fact, why do you hold evolution as a fact just because many "scientists" believe it?

Don't get yourself twisted on this. Scientific beliefs are based on derivable overwhelming facts from scientific investigation.

Not on abstractions that religious idiocy is founded on.

Re: 20 Arguments For The Existence Of GOD by DoctorAlien(m): 12:01pm On Nov 06, 2016
Can anybody give me a good reason why I should ever interact with the person who posted this comment above me?
Re: 20 Arguments For The Existence Of GOD by akintom(m): 12:05pm On Nov 06, 2016
DoctorAlien:

As far as He is understood, He exists. This is because you cannot understand something that does not exist. Suffice it to say that 2 can also be understood as 0.75 + 1.25. Or even 2 x 1. Or even 0.5 x 4. Or even 7-5.

There are some universally understood things about GOD:

1. He is omnipotent, omniscient and omnipresent.

2. He created the Universe.

3. He sustains it.

4. He deserves worship.

All these your baseless claims streams from the fictional book that documented God idea.

Beyond the abstractive claims of this book, you can't establish any of this nebulous claims.
Re: 20 Arguments For The Existence Of GOD by akintom(m): 12:09pm On Nov 06, 2016
DoctorAlien:
Can anybody give me a good reason why I should ever interact with the person who posted this comment above me?

Just because you can't intelligently disprove it.

Your usual pathway loading....... You will soon fizzle into meaningless copy and paste from your creationist sites.
Re: 20 Arguments For The Existence Of GOD by jonbellion(m): 12:20pm On Nov 06, 2016
akintom:

Just because you can't intelligently disprove it.

Your usual pathway loading....... You will soon fizzle into meaningless copy and paste from your creationist sites.
lol dude you're a bit harsh na it should be an intellectual discussion.

1 Like

Re: 20 Arguments For The Existence Of GOD by akintom(m): 12:25pm On Nov 06, 2016
jonbellion:
lol dude you're a bit harsh na it should be an intellectual discussion.

No harshness intended oooo. May be a perceptive collateral damage has occurred. Apologies!
Re: 20 Arguments For The Existence Of GOD by jonbellion(m): 12:31pm On Nov 06, 2016
[/font][font=Lucida Sans Unicode]
akintom:

No harshness intended oooo. May be a perceptive collateral damage has occurred. Apologies!
lol I'm on the same side with you bit I don't take it too far

1 Like

Re: 20 Arguments For The Existence Of GOD by EyeHateGod: 12:49pm On Nov 06, 2016
DoctorAlien:

What did the fruitflies evolve into? Can you show me the video documenting all the steps they took in going from being fruitflies to being entirely different species?

Re: 20 Arguments For The Existence Of GOD by Nobody: 1:44pm On Nov 06, 2016
DoctorAlien:

You need video proof of every step?
You know what you're asking is illogical. The transition was unexpected and hence not recorded. You really need to learn more about science.
Re: 20 Arguments For The Existence Of GOD by DoctorAlien(m): 3:35pm On Nov 06, 2016
Lennycool:

You need video proof of every step?
You know what you're asking is illogical. The transition was unexpected and hence not recorded. You really need to learn more about science.

Red herring.

What did the fruitfly change into? Can I see it?
Re: 20 Arguments For The Existence Of GOD by Nobody: 4:02pm On Nov 06, 2016
DoctorAlien:

Red herring.

What did the fruitfly change into? Can I see it?
Yeah you can cheesy simple research

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

"Most Christians Infected With Prosperity Gospel" / My Journey To God Realization / Why You Should Ignore Atheists

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.