Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,473 members, 7,770,163 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 06:19 AM

Why Do Yoruba Mums Discourage Their Sons From Marrying Ibo Women? - Romance (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Do Yoruba Mums Discourage Their Sons From Marrying Ibo Women? (11346 Views)

But Why Are Ibo Women Always Lightskin... / See What Nigerian Mums Did To Their Sons Who Beat And Maltreated Their Wives / IBO Women.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Yoruba Mums Discourage Their Sons From Marrying Ibo Women? by Nobody: 9:04am On Nov 10, 2016
Earn real money online by working as a part time job easily, earn up to 2500$ dollars weekly guranteed join link http://taskmine.club/pay.php?ref=akinde.kolawole
Re: Why Do Yoruba Mums Discourage Their Sons From Marrying Ibo Women? by ificatchmodeh: 9:11am On Nov 10, 2016
Brigham:

Who gives a _fuck about your thoughts.

GTFOH!
You give a fVck..
Na why you the provoke.. cheesy
Re: Why Do Yoruba Mums Discourage Their Sons From Marrying Ibo Women? by Presh900(m): 9:20am On Nov 10, 2016
I am Igbo ibo and i don't see myself marrying from any other tribe ....no offence

6 Likes

Re: Why Do Yoruba Mums Discourage Their Sons From Marrying Ibo Women? by greatnaija01: 9:27am On Nov 10, 2016
no am jealous of the CUCUMBER Now shut ya trap

BabaRamota1980:

You are just jealous of bae because she is Igbo. grin

#babaramota4chidinma

Re: Why Do Yoruba Mums Discourage Their Sons From Marrying Ibo Women? by BabaRamota1980: 9:31am On Nov 10, 2016
greatnaija01:
no am jealous of the CUCUMBER Now shut ya trap

yes nau, you wish you were that cucumber. grin

#teamchidinma
Re: Why Do Yoruba Mums Discourage Their Sons From Marrying Ibo Women? by greatnaija01: 9:37am On Nov 10, 2016
EVEN YOU O. if i fit job as cucumber... nothing spoil o

BabaRamota1980:

yes nau, you wish you were that cucumber. grin

#teamchidinma
Re: Why Do Yoruba Mums Discourage Their Sons From Marrying Ibo Women? by NIGHTMAREOO7: 10:36am On Nov 10, 2016
KissChrix:
Its a fact, the average yoruba mum frowns at the idea of an Ibo daughter-in-law

But, I'm not understanding, why?

The funniest excuse I've heard is that : Ibo women don't make an effort to learn Yoruba culture and pass such ideals to their kids

#Discuss

Shut it!...
No sensible igbo gal will want to marry yoruba man....except thise born and raised in yoruba land...

And i think 5he questuin should be why do yoruba mumsprevent 5heir daughters from marrying igbo

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Yoruba Mums Discourage Their Sons From Marrying Ibo Women? by Nobody: 10:50am On Nov 10, 2016
NIGHTMAREOO7:

Shut it!...
No sensible igbo gal will want to marry yoruba man....except thise born and raised in yoruba land...

And i think 5he questuin should be why do yoruba mumsprevent 5heir daughters from marrying igbo

I can tell You're Ibo

If you feel you know better, open your own thread

Don't quote me again... Thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Yoruba Mums Discourage Their Sons From Marrying Ibo Women? by NIGHTMAREOO7: 10:52am On Nov 10, 2016
KissChrix:

I can tell You're Ibo

If you feel you know better, open your own thread

Don't quote me again... Thanks

I can tell u are yoruba always masturbating on marriying igbo women..
Thanks...

When ur own mother's dont allow their daughters to marry igbo men

1 Like

Re: Why Do Yoruba Mums Discourage Their Sons From Marrying Ibo Women? by Nobody: 10:55am On Nov 10, 2016
NIGHTMAREOO7:

I can tell u are yoruba always masturbating on marriying igbo women.. Thanks...
When ur own mother's dont allow their daughters to marry igbo men
Because you masturbate, you think everyone does it? undecidedlipsrsealed

1 Like

Re: Why Do Yoruba Mums Discourage Their Sons From Marrying Ibo Women? by NIGHTMAREOO7: 10:58am On Nov 10, 2016
KissChrix:

Because you masturbate, you think everyone does it? undecidedlipsrsealed

Hahahaha... see this miserableman...
Why didnt u open a thread about igbo men marrying yoruba women??.

Typical yoruba man dying on thinking abt igbo women. grin

1 Like

Re: Why Do Yoruba Mums Discourage Their Sons From Marrying Ibo Women? by NIGHTMAREOO7: 11:12am On Nov 10, 2016
ireneony:
Everyone knows yoruba men marry out more than any tribe in Nigeria.

@ op story for the gods..
Your question should be why don't igbo mothers allow their son marry yoruba ladies.

Op you make it seems like getting married to a yoruba is prestige..

undecided

1million likes...ask her my dear.... who wana make marryinh yoruba man her priority?
The last i checked igbo men are more faithful in marriage... so wana marry a.cheat?

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Yoruba Mums Discourage Their Sons From Marrying Ibo Women? by bizzy500: 11:12am On Nov 10, 2016
NIGHTMAREOO7:

Hahahaha... see this miserableman...
Why didnt u open a thread about igbo men marrying yoruba women??.

Typical yoruba man dying on thinking abt igbo women. grin
i guess u dont knw dat no yoruba parent will allow dere son to marry an igbo gal, i dont knw y myself maybe cuz dey re always after husband property or wealth
Re: Why Do Yoruba Mums Discourage Their Sons From Marrying Ibo Women? by NIGHTMAREOO7: 11:16am On Nov 10, 2016
bizzy500:
i guess u dont knw dat no yoruba parent will allow dere son to marry an igbo gal, i dont knw y myself maybe cuz dey re always after husband property or wealth

Well the feeling is mutual...
I hav 5 sisters 4vare married
2 are married 2 edo and 2 married to igbo.

No yoruba man can dare enter my family to marry any of my relatives.
U dnt allow igbo marry ur daughters so how u expect us to allow u marry ours..

THE FEELING IS MUTUAL BRO.

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Yoruba Mums Discourage Their Sons From Marrying Ibo Women? by bizzy500: 11:29am On Nov 10, 2016
NIGHTMAREOO7:

Well the feeling is mutual...
I hav 5 sisters 4vare married
2 are married 2 edo and 2 married to igbo.

No yoruba man can dare enter my family to marry any of my relatives.
U dnt allow igbo marry ur daughters so how u expect us to allow u marry ours..

THE FEELING IS MUTUAL BRO.
lol see u..to marry an igbo gal all u need iz hefty introduction gift,u knw wat i mean lol

1 Like

Re: Why Do Yoruba Mums Discourage Their Sons From Marrying Ibo Women? by NIGHTMAREOO7: 11:50am On Nov 10, 2016
bizzy500:
lol see u..to marry an igbo gal all u need iz hefty introduction gift,u knw wat i mean lol

Ur tiny luck is only on those raised in west
Well go to east and try to woo an igbo as a yoruba man and u will come back neva the samr grin grin

1 Like

Re: Why Do Yoruba Mums Discourage Their Sons From Marrying Ibo Women? by success10(m): 12:26pm On Nov 10, 2016
modsRbastard:
@ OP. Those excuses may not be far-fetched;

an average Ibo girl raised in the East irrespective of how exposed she is will most likely be skeptical/ not marry a Yoruba man cos she's afraid she's going into a family where she'd have to depend on her hubby to translate before she could understand a thing been said, this isn't her big worry but the inability to decipher when she's the topic of the discuss/gossip.

Ibo girls are also worried for what her surrounding community might say, an average ibo man is still bitter about the July 6 1967 event so much that they instill it in their offspring that Yorubas are the Devil himself.

If you see any Ibo girl marrying a Yoruba man, know that she's spent a substantial amount of her life down West and same goes for any Ibo man who does. Reason being that, they're better exposed and had a re-orientation of who the Yorubas really are.
VERY TRUE AT BOLD.
MY GIRL IS FROM EAST AND AM YORUBA.
Re: Why Do Yoruba Mums Discourage Their Sons From Marrying Ibo Women? by NevetsIbot(m): 12:33pm On Nov 10, 2016
Jostapo:
First of all, "Your seemly" is wrong, "iced with grammatical" wrong, you don't _ice_ words. Where did you invented the word _seemly_From? It's seemingly. if you get perturbed over my text, you should probably aid your low-self the necessary solution with the use of your lexicon - I communicate with effective words, it's obvious that you don't possess [b] a [/b]cognisant brain to comprehend such text that's far beyond your cerebral - veer not to dare my prowess or you would find yourself on horns of dilemma. it would be of a great help for you to clench to this.

You know words.. True .... But you ddnt know the letter 'a' hadto be there. Smh.. I've put it in for yu.
Re: Why Do Yoruba Mums Discourage Their Sons From Marrying Ibo Women? by Richiy(f): 1:03pm On Nov 10, 2016
See why I need a millennial husband. All these things can not be a problem

1 Like

Re: Why Do Yoruba Mums Discourage Their Sons From Marrying Ibo Women? by Kellibae(f): 1:13pm On Nov 10, 2016
Fabulousb36:

Igbo mums don't prevent their sons at all. My brothers married from different tribes Yoruba, kogi, delta...It's really Not d mothers business whom dia son chooses to marry as dey believe she is an addition to d family nd she'd b treated very well but on d oda hand they don't like dia daughters going too far if possible they'd prefer she marries from her village.

my sister i guess dat ur brother lives in yorubaland.
dats why the parents allow theor daughter which is still rare.

my brother dated a yoruba gal for over 2years only for her mum to crash it wen they are abt discussing marriage.
my brother cried profusely almost lost his mind.
neva sleep in d house neva eat.
it took grace of God to bring him back to order.

ridiculously about few months later a yoruba guy started following me around with their sweet lying mouth lol.

but guess wat wanted sex but aint getting it..
but when i knew i had to cut it off.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Yoruba Mums Discourage Their Sons From Marrying Ibo Women? by modsRbastard: 1:56pm On Nov 10, 2016
Kellibae:

my brother dated a yoruba gal for over 2years only for her mum to crash it wen they are abt discussing marriage.

ridiculously about few months later a yoruba guy started following me around with their his sweet lying mouth lol.

*fixed*

Cheating and lying is not peculiar of any tribe nor race...it is an individual thing.

I dated an Ibo girl for nearly 2yrs, turns out all she wanted was my money and the good life, I didn't mind that cos I loved her dearly, who else would help me spend my money if not my family and my spouse...Then She did the unforgivable and she woke my Demon.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Yoruba Mums Discourage Their Sons From Marrying Ibo Women? by Nobody: 2:00pm On Nov 10, 2016
Flexherbal:
Marriage should be by choice not by religion nor ethnicity.
If both of you are good, carry go.

Thanks you!
Re: Why Do Yoruba Mums Discourage Their Sons From Marrying Ibo Women? by bizzy500: 3:07pm On Nov 10, 2016
NIGHTMAREOO7:

Ur tiny luck is only on those raised in west
Well go to east and try to woo an igbo as a yoruba man and u will come back neva the samr grin grin
lol..just to woo i will nv remain d same...hmm igbos i understand tho

1 Like

Re: Why Do Yoruba Mums Discourage Their Sons From Marrying Ibo Women? by Nwakaumu(m): 3:15pm On Nov 10, 2016
What is you people's pathetic obsession with Igbo,and yet you are always filled with jealousy and hatred for them? As igbo, I hate you people's double or lack of standard,which also validates the perception that you all are unfaithful in marriage and in relationship.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Yoruba Mums Discourage Their Sons From Marrying Ibo Women? by schumastic(m): 3:35pm On Nov 10, 2016
Fabulousb36:

wait o is d girl getting married to d man or his mother Which one is kneel down while greeting hmmm.
I think d Major problem with igbo /Yoruba Marriage is d fact dat igbo girls ain't trained to be dat submissive as d Yoruba custom demands. Most igbo girls are looking for life partners Not a lord/master. sincerely if I'm married to a Yoruba man nd I'd b required to be kneeling and lying down before every elderly woman I meet den every Christmas I will simply fake one sickness dat will make him liv me behind while traveling.

is better you don't marry from there at all if it means you faking all that...already said it that non of my daughters would get married to a yoruba guy n my sis know better as well..no offence but most yoruba men are promiscuous and the family can cover up tracks of child born out of wedlock..that's the only problem i v with them.

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Yoruba Mums Discourage Their Sons From Marrying Ibo Women? by schumastic(m): 3:44pm On Nov 10, 2016
Richiy:
See why I need a millennial husband. All these things can not be a problem

my dear it goes beyond being millennial but the traits and up bring about the person matters..No offence but no yoruba guy can come into our family and say they want to marry my siblings

1 Like

Re: Why Do Yoruba Mums Discourage Their Sons From Marrying Ibo Women? by schumastic(m): 3:47pm On Nov 10, 2016
Kellibae:

ridiculously about few months later a yoruba guy started following me around with their sweet lying mouth lol.

good thing you cut them off before they use their demon tricks on you

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Yoruba Mums Discourage Their Sons From Marrying Ibo Women? by BabaRamota1980: 3:49pm On Nov 10, 2016
Haters can go quench....

#igbobaes4odua

#teamchidinma

bae could not find a worthy Igbo to do her, no Yoruba was around to fulfill the covenant, the poor girl was pushed to find alternative.

#chidinmamoves2Yorubaland.

Haters jump in Lagoon.... grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Yoruba Mums Discourage Their Sons From Marrying Ibo Women? by sparko1(m): 4:01pm On Nov 10, 2016
KissChrix:
Its a fact, the average yoruba mum frowns at the idea of an Ibo daughter-in-law

But, I'm not understanding, why?

The funniest excuse I've heard is that : Ibo women don't make an effort to learn Yoruba culture and pass such ideals to their kids

#Discuss

For one your English!
Re: Why Do Yoruba Mums Discourage Their Sons From Marrying Ibo Women? by NIGHTMAREOO7: 4:03pm On Nov 10, 2016
bizzy500:
lol..just to woo i will nv remain d same...hmm igbos i understand tho

Yea coz u may come back with a black face grin grin
If u got my drift
Re: Why Do Yoruba Mums Discourage Their Sons From Marrying Ibo Women? by Richiy(f): 4:09pm On Nov 10, 2016
schumastic:

my dear it goes beyond being millennial but the traits and up bring about the person matters..No offence but no yoruba guy can come into our family and say they want to marry my siblings

You need to get ride of that ideology. It's not helping anyone

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

I Went On A Romantic Date In Lagos And Was TREATED This Way Because I Had No Man / I Just Discovered That All The Young Men In My Compound Has Slept With My Wife / How Do You Make Someone Lose Interest In You?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.