Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,494 members, 7,770,218 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 07:41 AM

Why Do Yoruba Mums Discourage Their Sons From Marrying Ibo Women? - Romance (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Do Yoruba Mums Discourage Their Sons From Marrying Ibo Women? (11348 Views)

But Why Are Ibo Women Always Lightskin... / See What Nigerian Mums Did To Their Sons Who Beat And Maltreated Their Wives / IBO Women.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Yoruba Mums Discourage Their Sons From Marrying Ibo Women? by schumastic(m): 4:27pm On Nov 10, 2016
Richiy:

You need to get ride of that ideology. It's not helping anyone

is not about ideology, is just the truth and the reality, some traits can't be hidden and some things are better left the way they are cus of cultural diff and believe..is like you saying the Muslims will allow their daughters get married to an igbo guy.

5 Likes

Re: Why Do Yoruba Mums Discourage Their Sons From Marrying Ibo Women? by schumastic(m): 4:40pm On Nov 10, 2016
Richiy:

You need to get ride of that ideology. It's not helping anyone

Re: Why Do Yoruba Mums Discourage Their Sons From Marrying Ibo Women? by Nobody: 4:43pm On Nov 10, 2016
ireneony:
Everyone knows yoruba men marry out more than any tribe in Nigeria.

@ op story for the gods..
Your question should be why don't igbo mothers allow their son marry yoruba ladies.

Op you make it seems like getting married to a yoruba is prestige..

undecided
is it not prestige before? I have two igbo ladies begging me to find them yoruba dudes especially Lagosians not dis fake shameless ibo migrants calling themselves Lagosians o.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Yoruba Mums Discourage Their Sons From Marrying Ibo Women? by Nobody: 4:50pm On Nov 10, 2016
sparko1:

For one your English!
Pardon? undecided
Re: Why Do Yoruba Mums Discourage Their Sons From Marrying Ibo Women? by oboy3(m): 4:51pm On Nov 10, 2016
My Igbo mum also discourages us from bringing Yoruba wives,most of them form Respect to get something from you when you stop giving them, The Respect is gone

I can't even imagine myself with a Yoruba woman,instead I go for akwa ibom or Delta, During my years of stay in Lagos,I learnt a lot about this people called Yoruba

They can be unhygienic, they can't cook without too much oil,I don't wanna die of cholesterol,
Their mouth sharp die,can insult for African

And giving birth their body disfigures,looking like "iyami l'eko"

even after marriage,they see no wrong in having Ale,boyfriends

I had this neighbour,the husband knows the wife has a boyfriend and the wife too knows the husband has a girlfriend too,what a tribe

6 Likes

Re: Why Do Yoruba Mums Discourage Their Sons From Marrying Ibo Women? by Nobody: 4:53pm On Nov 10, 2016
Its a shame y'all thought I opened this thread to bash Igbo ladies

I just opened it to learn the rationale behind the topic and for possible solutions

But, some of you only read the topic and rushed in here to comment without reading my opening speech undecided

Igbos are wonderful people

1 Like

Re: Why Do Yoruba Mums Discourage Their Sons From Marrying Ibo Women? by Dainikel(m): 4:59pm On Nov 10, 2016
Fabulousb36:

Igbo mums don't prevent their sons at all. My brothers married from different tribes Yoruba, kogi, delta...It's really Not d mothers business whom dia son chooses to marry as dey believe she is an addition to d family nd she'd b treated very well but on d oda hand they don't like dia daughters going too far if possible they'd prefer she marries from her village.
U wouldn't blame me for stating the experience my dad has repeatedly talked about...t'is even this same issue that has kept my uncle from getting married till date on top se he brought an Edo lady home...haba!
Re: Why Do Yoruba Mums Discourage Their Sons From Marrying Ibo Women? by modsRbastard: 7:05pm On Nov 10, 2016
KissChrix:
Its a shame y'all thought I opened this thread to bash Igbo ladies

I just opened it to learn the rationale behind the topic and for possible solutions

But, some of you only read the topic and rushed in here to comment without reading my opening speech undecided

Igbos are wonderful people

I told you in my previous post, an average Ibo man is still bitter about the 1967 event. I'm sure you can percive the hate from their hostile comments, using lame excuses as reason for not marrying Yoruba.

Someone said in a post that yorubas like oily soup and he cannot come and die of cholesterol, help me ask him does eating a whole palm kernel reduces the risk of high cholesterol?

I hold an individual accountable for his/her act, not his/her entire race or tribe.

I have a personal experience with an Anambra (Awkuzu) girl, Mehn... It was ugly. Yet I still have Ibo friends and a new Ibo girlfriend.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Yoruba Mums Discourage Their Sons From Marrying Ibo Women? by kaziblake(f): 7:13pm On Nov 10, 2016
oboy3:
My Igbo mum also discourages us from bringing Yoruba wives,most of them form Respect to get something from you when you stop giving them, The Respect is gone

I can't even imagine myself with a Yoruba woman,instead I go for akwa ibom or Delta, During my years of stay in Lagos,I learnt a lot about this people called Yoruba

They can be unhygienic, they can't cook without too much oil,I don't wanna die of cholesterol,
Their mouth sharp die,can insult for African

And giving birth their body disfigures,looking like "iyami l'eko"

even after marriage,they see no wrong in having Ale,boyfriends

I had this neighbour,the husband knows the wife has a boyfriend and the wife too knows the husband has a girlfriend too,what a tribe
Just stick to your tribe pls

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Yoruba Mums Discourage Their Sons From Marrying Ibo Women? by kaziblake(f): 7:16pm On Nov 10, 2016
modsRbastard:

I told you in my previous post, an average Ibo man is still bitter about the 1967 event. I'm sure you can percive the hate from their hostile comments, using lame excuses as reason for not marrying Yoruba.

Someone said in a post that yorubas like oily soup and he cannot come and die of cholesterol, help me ask him does eating a whole palm kernel reduces the risk of high cholesterol?

I hold an individual accountable for his/her act, not his/her entire race or tribe.

I have a personal experience with an Anambra (Awkuzu) girl, Mehn... It was ugly. Yet I still have Ibo friends and a new Ibo girlfriend.
s
Lemme ask you,why don't you date your tribe? Or if you don't date an igbo woman will you die?

5 Likes

Re: Why Do Yoruba Mums Discourage Their Sons From Marrying Ibo Women? by modsRbastard: 7:38pm On Nov 10, 2016
kaziblake:
s
Lemme ask you,why don't you date your tribe? Or if you don't date an igbo woman will you die?

Let me satisfy you by answering your inconsequential answer grin ==ยป NO

Look... I am not like you who would most likely ask a person where they're from before getting to know 'em. Cant blame me for feeling comfortable with whom I have a connection and chemistry with.

Besides... I'm liberal and not a tribalist grin

1 Like

Re: Why Do Yoruba Mums Discourage Their Sons From Marrying Ibo Women? by oboy3(m): 7:42pm On Nov 10, 2016
kaziblake:
Just stick to your tribe pls
okey-dokey madam

I Neva said I wanted a Yoruba Lady in the first place.
Re: Why Do Yoruba Mums Discourage Their Sons From Marrying Ibo Women? by Nobody: 11:09pm On Nov 10, 2016
ificatchmodeh:

Bleep stories..na people wey know sabi you..
No dey. Over hype matter..
Which yourba /igbo marriage dey all time high..even the pre wedding pics for nairaland dey talk otherwise..

Suspicion on the both sides are all time high..the. Op is right..very very right..

...nysc in the. east and married ibo girl that grew up. In the east after nysc..
Oga you sabi lie..

Am not ibo..but I can assure you..you made your post up..

Oga, ethnic marriages are happening yafu yafu. Even in my department, my colleague is igbo and she married a Yoruba man

1 Like

Re: Why Do Yoruba Mums Discourage Their Sons From Marrying Ibo Women? by kaziblake(f): 4:32am On Nov 11, 2016
oboy3:
okey-dokey madam

I Neva said I wanted a Yoruba Lady in the first place.
see face undecided
Rubbish
Re: Why Do Yoruba Mums Discourage Their Sons From Marrying Ibo Women? by Nobody: 8:32am On Nov 11, 2016
ireneony:
Everyone knows yoruba men marry out more than any tribe in Nigeria.

@ op story for the gods..
Your question should be why don't igbo mothers allow their son marry yoruba ladies.

Op you make it seems like getting married to a yoruba is prestige..

undecided
Are u ibo?

(#YolO
Re: Why Do Yoruba Mums Discourage Their Sons From Marrying Ibo Women? by orimsamsam(m): 11:19pm On Nov 11, 2016
Nwakaumu:
What is you people's pathetic obsession with Igbo,and yet you are always filled with jealousy and hatred for them? As igbo, I hate you people's double or lack of standard,which also [b]validates the perception that you all are unfaithful in marriage [/b]and in relationship.
but all igbos are faithful in marriage abi. Continue to deceive urself. I don't knw why people like you always think thread of this type is against the Igbo. Find something to do about ur mindset, yorubas are not against igbos

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Yoruba Mums Discourage Their Sons From Marrying Ibo Women? by Nobody: 8:29am On Nov 12, 2016
orimsamsam:
but all igbos are faithful in marriage abi. Continue to deceive urself. I don't knw why people like you always think thread of this type is against the Igbo. Find something to do about ur mindset, yorubas are not against igbos

Thank You bro @ the bolded

Most of them didn't even read and understand my intro and only came here to start running their mouths like tap

1 Like

Re: Why Do Yoruba Mums Discourage Their Sons From Marrying Ibo Women? by NIGHTMAREOO7: 10:02am On Nov 12, 2016
orimsamsam:

U are not against igbos but wen igbo man wana marry ur daughters ur parents will start kicking against it. Especially the mothers.

Keep deceiving urself

1 Like

Re: Why Do Yoruba Mums Discourage Their Sons From Marrying Ibo Women? by BabaRamota1980: 10:06am On Nov 12, 2016
Onijagidijagan:

is it not prestige before? I have two igbo ladies begging me to find them yoruba dudes especially Lagosians not dis fake shameless ibo migrants calling themselves Lagosians o.

Chidinma is relocating too. She is headed West in couple of weeks. She wants Yorubaman, the real poussey crusher, tired of impotent Biafrans and embarassed about #cucumber. Need a new brand! grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Yoruba Mums Discourage Their Sons From Marrying Ibo Women? by orimsamsam(m): 10:46am On Nov 12, 2016
NIGHTMAREOO7:

U are not against igbos but wen igbo man wana marry ur daughters ur parents will start kicking against it. Especially the mothers.

Keep deceiving urself
pls don't just sit in ur enclavement and typ rubbish. U need to open ur eyes and see beyond ur bigot. A lot of inter tribal marriage is going on presently, not every parent is against inter tribal marriage

1 Like

Re: Why Do Yoruba Mums Discourage Their Sons From Marrying Ibo Women? by NIGHTMAREOO7: 1:01pm On Nov 12, 2016
orimsamsam:
pls don't just sit in ur enclavement and typ rubbish. U need to open ur eyes and see beyond ur bigot. A lot of inter tribal marriage is going on presently, not every parent is against inter tribal marriage

Insults thats all u pple know...
U are most tribal region in d country yet u will turn d table around and pointin accusing fingers at others.

Its pathetic U cant just comprehend simple lines.
Show where i said inter tribal marriages aint going on. undecided
What i simply said is yoruba parents poison their daughters mind from marrying igbo which is known fact.
So tell me who is the bigot here niw? undecided

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Yoruba Mums Discourage Their Sons From Marrying Ibo Women? by orimsamsam(m): 2:08pm On Nov 12, 2016
NIGHTMAREOO7:

Insults thats all u pple know...
U are most tribal region in d country yet u will turn d table around and pointin accusing fingers at others.

Its pathetic U cant just comprehend simple lines.
Show where i said inter tribal marriages aint going on. undecided
What i simply said is yoruba parents poison their daughters mind from marrying igbo which is known fact.
So tell me who is the bigot here niw? undecided
u can just sit in ur enclavement and assume wht is not. I have a lot of uncle that married igbos. I have a lot of friends that married igbos. My childhood is an Igbo girl from IMO state. Just open ur eyes and see more than ur village mentality. Ur stupid perception about the yorubas is wrong
Re: Why Do Yoruba Mums Discourage Their Sons From Marrying Ibo Women? by NIGHTMAREOO7: 2:32pm On Nov 12, 2016
orimsamsam:
u can just sit in ur enclavement and assume wht is not. I have a lot of uncle that married igbos. I have a lot of friends that married igbos. My childhood is an Igbo girl from IMO state. Just open ur eyes and see more than ur village mentality. Ur stupid perception about the yorubas is wrong

Obviously u lack brain to read.
Go and read my post again
Im talkin about yoruba women marryinh igbos.
I know wat im saying nit assumptions.

Ur mums hates seeing ur daughters hetting married to igbo men.
I know over 3 instances to giv u.
Oneof them my friend was involved.
Had thus yoruba girl he wanted to marry but her with her miserable bigot mind just like all of u.
Ruined the weddin.
So stop talking nonsense

1 Like

Re: Why Do Yoruba Mums Discourage Their Sons From Marrying Ibo Women? by orimsamsam(m): 2:50pm On Nov 12, 2016
NIGHTMAREOO7:

Obviously u lack brain to read.

Go and read my post again
Im talkin about yoruba women marryinh igbos.
I know wat im saying nit assumptions.

Ur mums hates seeing ur daughters hetting married to igbo men.
I know over 3 instances to giv u.
Oneof them my friend was involved.
Had thus yoruba girl he wanted to marry but her with her miserable bigot mind just like all of u.
Ruined the weddin.
So stop talking nonsense
you sed Yoruba love insulting people and u doing exactly the same thing u accused the yorubas of doing. Ur hypocrisy stink to high heaven.

U need to leave ur village and don't just believe wht ur village head or uncles tell you. Yorubas are liberal minded, Ave seen a lot of inter tribal marriage were yorubas girlz marries Igbo guy. A close example is my mum cousin who married a Delta igbo

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Yoruba Mums Discourage Their Sons From Marrying Ibo Women? by NIGHTMAREOO7: 3:08pm On Nov 12, 2016
orimsamsam:
you sed Yoruba love insulting people and u doing exactly the same thing u accused the yorubas of doing. Ur hypocrisy stink to high heaven.

U need to leave ur village and don't just believe wht ur village head or uncles tell you. Yorubas are liberal minded, Ave seen a lot of inter tribal marriage were yorubas girlz marries Igbo guy. A close example is my mum cousin who married a Delta igbo

U are a ridiculous.. so u think after calling me stupid i will swallow it and not retaliate.? undecided
Now u are crying coz i said u lack brain.
But uv been the one insultin me all along. Mofo
By the way u are a big liar.
Ur cousin or watever u call it married delta guy not igbo...dats even if ur story is true coz u lie a lot.
I stayed in lagos 4 over 3yrs nd wat im sating here is from my exprience not wat anyone told me.. atleast i kno over 70% or 80% of yoruba character... there are still fe yoruba pple who ar not tribalist but... the tribalist dominates

Yes i hav 1 or 2 yoruba friends and also dated a yoruba gal long ago.. but if it comes to marrying a yoruba gal ur parents always want to frustrate it untill they stop it. Thats d fact im not just writing this to beef u people
deep within urself u kno im tellin the truth but u just trying to defend ur tribe

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Yoruba Mums Discourage Their Sons From Marrying Ibo Women? by orimsamsam(m): 3:20pm On Nov 12, 2016
NIGHTMAREOO7:

U are a ridiculous.. so u think after calling me stupid i will swallow it and not retaliate.? undecided
Now u are crying coz i said u lack brain.
But uv been the one insultin me all along. Mofo
By the way u are a big liar.
Ur cousin or watever u call it married delta guy not igbo...dats even if ur story is true coz u lie a lot.
I stayed in lagos 4 over 3yrs nd wat im sating here is from my exprience not wat anyone told me.. atleast i kno over 70% or 80% of yoruba character... there are still fe yoruba pple who ar not tribalist but... the tribalist dominates

Yes i hav 1 or 2 yoruba friends and also dated a yoruba gal long ago.. but if it comes to marrying a yoruba gal ur parents always want to frustrate it untill they stop it. Thats d fact im not just writing this to beef u people
deep within urself u kno im tellin the truth but u just trying to defend ur tribe

well am no longer arguing with u. Your belief is ur belief.

Ur cousin or watever u call it married delta guy not igbo
so Delta igbos are different from igbos. Will bookmark dis for future reference

Odabo
Re: Why Do Yoruba Mums Discourage Their Sons From Marrying Ibo Women? by NIGHTMAREOO7: 3:58pm On Nov 12, 2016
orimsamsam:
well am no longer arguing with u. Your belief is ur belief.

so Delta igbos are different from igbos. Will bookmark dis for future reference

Odabo

Yes wat i mean is igbos are 1 therez nothing like delta igbo is either he is igbo or not igbo

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Yoruba Mums Discourage Their Sons From Marrying Ibo Women? by NIGHTMAREOO7: 12:34am On Nov 14, 2016
Iamhatey:
I agree with you. You are so on point with this. Yorubas are the most accommodating tribe in this Nig.

Op, it's the other way round. I'm telling you from my personal experience

Its a lie bro
Only wen its yoruba man its involved to marry the gal.
But the man is from another tribe to marry their daughter they rather die dan allow that.
Re: Why Do Yoruba Mums Discourage Their Sons From Marrying Ibo Women? by askino(m): 9:06am On Nov 07, 2019
NIGHTMAREOO7:

Yes wat i mean is igbos are 1 therez nothing like delta igbo is either he is igbo or not igbo

And when it comes to Biafra... they will start carrying everyone not concern along ..Simply because YORUBA's are wise ..not cunning ...every tribe that is open minded dealing with your tribe will unavoidably face the plague of your cunning skills which knows no limits to family and friends.. Yorubas don't forget when played even when they tends to give numerous benefits of doubts.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Do Yoruba Mums Discourage Their Sons From Marrying Ibo Women? by Keemsleek005(m): 9:18am On Nov 07, 2019
I think sometimes you people should do more research before you talk or write things. My lil brother is married to a beautiful mannered homely igbo lady, I myself won't mind too. The rate at which Yoruba guys are marrying igbo ladies is on the rise cos they respect the vows of marriage.
Re: Why Do Yoruba Mums Discourage Their Sons From Marrying Ibo Women? by Small080(m): 3:21pm On Nov 07, 2019
No, ibo woman like to take your children away if you have a little misunderstanding... you won't be able to see your children again ..... its happened to my uncle
Re: Why Do Yoruba Mums Discourage Their Sons From Marrying Ibo Women? by Emperor002: 4:11pm On Nov 07, 2019
my mum n my relations will not want to kom to ma weddin if i marry omo yorubber. My mum wud say i rather marry fulani dan yourobber.i even find it hard to spell d tribe name correctly.i hv not lived dem but i heard,
1.d are fetish ppl2.d are vert dirty3.d are cunny ppl4.d are very unfaithful5.d women d chop pepper

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Man Goes Viral As He Shares Photo Of Himself Grabbing Butt Of 2 Ladies(pics / Kobe Bryant Wife Had Been With Him Since He Was 17 (photos) / Most Nairaland Girls Are Very Local And Unadventurous

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.