Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,453 members, 7,770,123 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 04:36 AM

Why Do Yoruba Mums Discourage Their Sons From Marrying Ibo Women? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Why Do Yoruba Mums Discourage Their Sons From Marrying Ibo Women? (11342 Views)

But Why Are Ibo Women Always Lightskin... / See What Nigerian Mums Did To Their Sons Who Beat And Maltreated Their Wives / IBO Women.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Do Yoruba Mums Discourage Their Sons From Marrying Ibo Women? by dungburu: 9:16pm On Nov 09, 2016
Jostapo:
Wish i could give a satisfying answers to that, It's something i find belligerent amongst these yoruba mothers arising to their unfair accession over their son's choice of spouse - this is a more causecelebre issue which need serious attainment for clear accentuating.
your seemly impressive vocabulary is iced with flaws and gramatically incorrect. Try and communicate but not to show off d deposits u have in ur vocabulary bank.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Yoruba Mums Discourage Their Sons From Marrying Ibo Women? by Nobody: 9:17pm On Nov 09, 2016
Jostapo:
Wish i could give a satisfying answers to that, It's something i find belligerent amongst these yoruba mothers arising to their unfair accession over their son's choice of spouse - this is a more causecelebre issue which need serious attainment for clear accentuating.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Yoruba Mums Discourage Their Sons From Marrying Ibo Women? by ireneony(f): 9:17pm On Nov 09, 2016
Everyone knows yoruba men marry out more than any tribe in Nigeria.

@ op story for the gods..
Your question should be why don't igbo mothers allow their son marry yoruba ladies.

Op you make it seems like getting married to a yoruba is prestige..

undecided

12 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Yoruba Mums Discourage Their Sons From Marrying Ibo Women? by Nobody: 9:22pm On Nov 09, 2016
ireneony:
Everyone knows yoruba men marry out more than any tribe in Nigeria.

@ op story for the gods..
Your question should be why don't igbo mothers allow their son marry yoruba ladies.

Op you make it seems like getting married to a yoruba is prestige..

undecided

I'm not saying it's bad to marry Ibo ladies

I'm just trying to understand why Yoruba mothers frown at it undecided

And yes, marrying a Yoruba is prestigious
winkcheesy

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Yoruba Mums Discourage Their Sons From Marrying Ibo Women? by Baawaa(m): 9:24pm On Nov 09, 2016
KissChrix:

You mean they are put off by the exorbitant dowry?
Exorbitant,abnormal,crazy dowry
Re: Why Do Yoruba Mums Discourage Their Sons From Marrying Ibo Women? by MrCork: 9:25pm On Nov 09, 2016
KissChrix:
Its a fact, the average yoruba mum frowns at the idea of an Ibo daughter-in-law

But, I'm not understanding, why?

The funniest excuse I've heard is that : Ibo women don't make an effort to learn Yoruba culture and pass such ideals to their kids

#Discuss

...well acoddin to opinion poll..ibo women have mustache!! (No ofeense) angry

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Do Yoruba Mums Discourage Their Sons From Marrying Ibo Women? by Nobody: 9:31pm On Nov 09, 2016
MrCork:

MrCock! cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Yoruba Mums Discourage Their Sons From Marrying Ibo Women? by Jostapo(m): 10:21pm On Nov 09, 2016
First of all, "Your seemly" is wrong, "iced with grammatical" wrong, you don't _ice_ words. Where did you invented the word _seemly_From? It's seemingly. if you get perturbed over my text, you should probably aid your low-self the necessary solution with the use of your lexicon - I communicate with effective words, it's obvious that you don't possess cognisant brain to comprehend such text that's far beyond your cerebral - veer not to dare my prowess or you would find yourself on horns of dilemma. it would be of a great help for you to clench to this.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Yoruba Mums Discourage Their Sons From Marrying Ibo Women? by Jostapo(m): 10:24pm On Nov 09, 2016
Causecelebre means an issue or topic that attracts a lot of attention. Are you satisfied?
Re: Why Do Yoruba Mums Discourage Their Sons From Marrying Ibo Women? by modsRbastard: 10:26pm On Nov 09, 2016
MrCork:

Mustache ko... Hairy chest ni angry
Re: Why Do Yoruba Mums Discourage Their Sons From Marrying Ibo Women? by Dainikel(m): 10:30pm On Nov 09, 2016
@op I really don't think Yoruba mums prevent their sons from marrying Igbo women otherwise we wouldn't be having a high percentage of the duo getting married...I think Igbo mums does the prevention better.

4 Likes

Re: Why Do Yoruba Mums Discourage Their Sons From Marrying Ibo Women? by Nobody: 10:34pm On Nov 09, 2016
Dainikel:
@op I really don't think Yoruba mums prevent their sons from marrying Igbo women otherwise we wouldn't be having a high percentage of the duo getting married...I think Igbo mums does the prevention better.

I'm not saying preventing , I'm talking about discouraging

Yoruba guys are strong-willed, so they'll eventually marry the girl which is what causes oppression from the in-laws
Re: Why Do Yoruba Mums Discourage Their Sons From Marrying Ibo Women? by Nobody: 11:02pm On Nov 09, 2016
yomi007k:
undecided

Will ibo man marry Yoruba woman? ??yes am marrying one soon

I beg park well
Re: Why Do Yoruba Mums Discourage Their Sons From Marrying Ibo Women? by Dainikel(m): 11:06pm On Nov 09, 2016
KissChrix:

I'm not saying preventing , I'm talking about discouraging

Yoruba guys are strong-willed, so they'll eventually marry the girl which is what causes oppression from the in-laws
Ok well said, let's not forget Igbo mums discourage too if not better...
Re: Why Do Yoruba Mums Discourage Their Sons From Marrying Ibo Women? by NemzySeries(m): 11:26pm On Nov 09, 2016
dey bkom unpredictable wen matters relating to money & material things arise
Re: Why Do Yoruba Mums Discourage Their Sons From Marrying Ibo Women? by mayorchelsea(m): 11:59pm On Nov 09, 2016
I love this thread,may those who will come and ruin it not enter.Back to the topic,mother-in-laws want a wife they can hold steady conversations with,trying to say the language barrier is a problem.Again,a yoruba mother-in-law wants a daughter-in-law that goes on her both knees to greet her not one that could potentially offer her a handshake or refuse to go down while greeting her.The dumbest reason I've heard is,"If you guys have issues,she could take the kids to her people, how do we find her then? "

6 Likes

Re: Why Do Yoruba Mums Discourage Their Sons From Marrying Ibo Women? by bizzy500: 12:02am On Nov 10, 2016
vicsterling:
that "big brain" of her's is seen as a threat undecided

Don't quote me
big threat..i dey tell u.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Yoruba Mums Discourage Their Sons From Marrying Ibo Women? by fratermathy(m): 12:51am On Nov 10, 2016
Jostapo:
First of all, "Your seemly" is wrong, "iced with grammatical" wrong, you don't _ice_ words. Where did you invented the word _seemly_From? It's seemingly. if you get perturbed over my text, you should probably aid your low-self the necessary solution with the use of your lexicon - I communicate with effective words, it's obvious that you don't possess cognisant brain to comprehend such text that's far beyond your cerebral - veer not to dare my prowess or you would find yourself on horns of dilemma. it would be of a great help for you to clench to this.

Hey mister, the basic idea behind communication is to be understood by your hearers/readers. If understanding is not reached, communication has not taken place. There is always the issue of the right audience for everything. Your highly verbose and jaw-breaking posts are not suited for this audience. Better retract or simply move on if you have no understandable ideas to contribute.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Yoruba Mums Discourage Their Sons From Marrying Ibo Women? by eleshin(m): 1:20am On Nov 10, 2016
I think it's the opposite cos Yorubas are open to cross marriage than any other tribe in nigeria.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Yoruba Mums Discourage Their Sons From Marrying Ibo Women? by dungburu: 2:56am On Nov 10, 2016
Jostapo:
You are right but worefa! just speak the English we would understand and stop trying to impress urself. As u can see, I don't understand all those grammar, because they can even add to this economic recession. No body speaks such vocabulary in this recession as ppl are too hungry to rack brains for one yeye grammar here.

How many people vocabulary don employ? I beg!

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Yoruba Mums Discourage Their Sons From Marrying Ibo Women? by Fabulousb36(f): 3:41am On Nov 10, 2016
Dainikel:
Igbo mums don't prevent their sons at all. My brothers married from different tribes Yoruba, kogi, delta...It's really Not d mothers business whom dia son chooses to marry as dey believe she is an addition to d family nd she'd b treated very well but on d oda hand they don't like dia daughters going too far if possible they'd prefer she marries from her village.

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Yoruba Mums Discourage Their Sons From Marrying Ibo Women? by Fabulousb36(f): 4:01am On Nov 10, 2016
mayorchelsea:
I love this thread,may those who will come and ruin it not enter.Back to the topic,mother-in-laws want a wife they can hold steady conversations with,trying to say the language barrier is a problem.Again,a yoruba mother-in-law wants a daughter-in-law that goes on her both knees to greet her not one that could potentially offer her a handshake or refuse to go down while greeting her.The dumbest reason I've heard is,"If you guys have issues,she could take the kids to her people, how do we find her then? "
wait o is d girl getting married to d man or his mother Which one is kneel down while greeting hmmm.
I think d Major problem with igbo /Yoruba Marriage is d fact dat igbo girls ain't trained to be dat submissive as d Yoruba custom demands. Most igbo girls are looking for life partners Not a lord/master. sincerely if I'm married to a Yoruba man nd I'd b required to be kneeling and lying down before every elderly woman I meet den every Christmas I will simply fake one sickness dat will make him liv me behind while traveling.

5 Likes

Re: Why Do Yoruba Mums Discourage Their Sons From Marrying Ibo Women? by stinggy(m): 4:54am On Nov 10, 2016
missvera:
This was able to happen bcs the woman must have some traits of Yoruba culture in her. You said she speaks Yoruba fluently. It's either she was born in the west or started living there at a very tender age. 90 percent of Yorubas don't marry other tribes.
Marry whoever you find love in. Let's say no to tribalism, we are Nigerians.
Are you sure you're saying this out of what your uncles and aunts must have fed you with?
If you've stepped out of your zone, you'll be amazed how carefree most Yorubas are instead of relying on the lies you're being told.

Do you think it's a mere coincidence that most Igbos born or raised in the West are more liberal than those born or raised in the East?

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Do Yoruba Mums Discourage Their Sons From Marrying Ibo Women? by Ade3000yrs(m): 5:11am On Nov 10, 2016
My dear, for me, Igbo women are the best ever as a wife material. one man's meat is another man poison. I hv dated over 4 igbo ladies in my life and i had no regret at all. though i hv my taste and know d type that suites me without any need for prophetic nor, oracle consultation. My dear, not all igbos are troublesome. the success of a marriage is a question of management and the consenting couples in question to include a sum total of human psychology, so lets not made a bad stock of the igbo tribes at all, for someone like me, i have a big phobia for my fellow yoruba ladies and sisters though they are fantastic people. without argument or controversy and much detail, igbo women may be heady and stubborn affirmatively, but they still remain the best wife material idle for marriage in Nigeria. if i find a decent one, I think i will have to invite all my well wishers and back talkers to join me to grace the conjugation in my woman's village, in church and at the registry ASAP!!

5 Likes

Re: Why Do Yoruba Mums Discourage Their Sons From Marrying Ibo Women? by ificatchmodeh: 5:37am On Nov 10, 2016
Brigham:

No ma'am, born and bred in Igbo land, her husband married her after his NYSC in the east.

Yoruba/Igbo marriage is on the all time high, I'm telling you.

Yorubas ain't clannish only conservative.

Bleep stories..na people wey know sabi you..
No dey. Over hype matter..
Which yourba /igbo marriage dey all time high..even the pre wedding pics for nairaland dey talk otherwise..

Suspicion on the both sides are all time high..the. Op is right..very very right..

...nysc in the. east and married ibo girl that grew up. In the east after nysc..
Oga you sabi lie..

Am not ibo..but I can assure you..you made your post up..
Re: Why Do Yoruba Mums Discourage Their Sons From Marrying Ibo Women? by Twizzy30(m): 5:47am On Nov 10, 2016
Op its vice versa
Re: Why Do Yoruba Mums Discourage Their Sons From Marrying Ibo Women? by Nobody: 6:53am On Nov 10, 2016
ificatchmodeh:

Bleep stories..na people wey know sabi you..
No dey. Over hype matter..
Which yourba /igbo marriage dey all time high..even the pre wedding pics for nairaland dey talk otherwise..

Suspicion on the both sides are all time high..the. Op is right..very very right..

...nysc in the. east and married ibo girl that grew up. In the east after nysc..
Oga you sabi lie..

Am not ibo..but I can assure you..you made your post up..
Who gives a _fuck about your thoughts.

GTFOH!

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Yoruba Mums Discourage Their Sons From Marrying Ibo Women? by Nobody: 7:24am On Nov 10, 2016
eleshin:
I think it's the opposite cos Yorubas are open to cross marriage than any other tribe in nigeria.
I agree with you. You are so on point with this. Yorubas are the most accommodating tribe in this Nig.

Op, it's the other way round. I'm telling you from my personal experience

1 Like

Re: Why Do Yoruba Mums Discourage Their Sons From Marrying Ibo Women? by 24SEVEN: 7:27am On Nov 10, 2016
Jostapo:

See the kind grammar u dey knack. na wah angry grin
Re: Why Do Yoruba Mums Discourage Their Sons From Marrying Ibo Women? by Dexema(m): 8:03am On Nov 10, 2016
History and perception is the problem with intertribal marriages in Nigeria, the civil war and its results has and still makes relationships between both tribal groups suspect but I'm glad things are getting better in this generation. If I find a good ibo girl that loves me, na to knack am belle con see if den no go gree make I wife am.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Yoruba Mums Discourage Their Sons From Marrying Ibo Women? by Justiceleague1: 8:56am On Nov 10, 2016
Brigham:

Bro, nothing of such exist.

Tales abound of Yoruba mother in laws, supporting the marriages of Igbo wives to be to their sons, the only clause I've heard is that they must move to the west.

Yorubas ain't tribalist at all, we even more open minded than people believe.

iyam a congo pygmy,and iyam an ibibio! grin grin grin

ibibian pygmyous congolese mental grin grin
Re: Why Do Yoruba Mums Discourage Their Sons From Marrying Ibo Women? by BabaRamota1980: 9:03am On Nov 10, 2016
greatnaija01:
PLEASE GO AHEAD AND MARRY IGBO IF YOU ARE NOT FROM THE EAST...20years Later return to this post and comment

The dog who wont hear the master's whistle will get lost

IGBO's are wonderful and lovely tribe ONLY WHEN THEY MARRY THEMSELVES.... cross marriage can never work for them... because they are all BORN LEADERS.... HAVING THEIR WAY IS INBRED IN THEM... and it doesn't show when they are singles especially in the ladies but it will over time.

You are just jealous of bae because she is Igbo. grin

#babaramota4chidinma

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Do You Still Love Your Fat Wife? / Don Jazzy, Celebrities React As Actors Refuse To Stop While Filming Hot Sex Scen / You Think Your Partner Is Better? Come In

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.