Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,382 members, 7,812,126 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 08:41 AM

I Want To Be A Lecturer But Have Only HND, Advise Me - Career (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / I Want To Be A Lecturer But Have Only HND, Advise Me (60480 Views)

Yakubu Nataala Is Dead! Kogi Polytechnic Lecturer Slumps, Dies Over Non-Payment / Please Advise Me, I Am At Cross Roads On What To Do / Kindly Advise Me On The Behaviour Of My Managing Director (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Want To Be A Lecturer But Have Only HND, Advise Me by Dereformer(m): 12:05pm On Nov 23, 2016
Timossa:
The duration could be between 1 - 6 months. It all depends on how fast you pay for your conversion and how soon you finish up your project.

Mind you, with us, you don't have to sit for lectures, write exams, waste unnecessary resources.

The conversion fee is N250,000 (Two Hundred, Fifty Thousand Naira) only. And your form is N10,000. That is all.

For more info: email us at : universitinfo@gmail.com

Best wishes.

Please stop misleading people in this forum.
After your 6 months Bsc, what transcript is he going to present if he decides to do Msc.
Re: I Want To Be A Lecturer But Have Only HND, Advise Me by Chinks(m): 3:02pm On Nov 23, 2016
Dereformer:

After your 6 months Bsc, what transcript is he going to present if he decides to do Msc.
I wonder oooooo...
Re: I Want To Be A Lecturer But Have Only HND, Advise Me by Timossa(m): 7:06pm On Nov 23, 2016
Hi sir,

It's better you calm down and get educated. For your masters, your University where you did your B.Sc will not give you your transcripts by hand, they will send them to your university where you want to run your master programme.

Transcripts, most of the time are kept in the university or institute archives for documentation, not to be given to the students because they may manipulate it.

Transcripts are more important to universities to your Degree certificate, becuase they can never be forged. That is why they request for it when you are going for your masters.

So, who is misleading who I am not a baby in this and its my job as an Award Winning Educationist (CEO).

Best wishes sir.

Dereformer:

Re: I Want To Be A Lecturer But Have Only HND, Advise Me by ade2008(m): 7:36pm On Nov 23, 2016
Timossa:
The duration could be between 1 - 6 months. It all depends on how fast you pay for your conversion and how soon you finish up your project.

Mind you, with us, you don't have to sit for lectures, write exams, waste unnecessary resources.

The conversion fee is N250,000 (Two Hundred, Fifty Thousand Naira) only. And your form is N10,000. That is all.

For more info: email us at : universitinfo@gmail.com

Best wishes.

This is purely academic fraud.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Want To Be A Lecturer But Have Only HND, Advise Me by Timossa(m): 7:45pm On Nov 23, 2016
Mr. Ade,

I believe I didn't come to your house to advertise Degree Conversion to you. So, stay clear and let people that know the usefulness embrace what will change their lives for the better.

Cheers!!!

ade2008:

This is purely academic fraud.
Re: I Want To Be A Lecturer But Have Only HND, Advise Me by Dereformer(m): 7:57pm On Nov 23, 2016
Timossa:
Hi sir,

It's better you calm down and get educated. For your masters, your University where you did your B.Sc will not give you your transcripts by hand, they will send them to your university where you want to run your master programme.

Transcripts, most of the time are kept in the university or institute archives for documentation, not to be given to the students because they may manipulate it.

Transcripts are more important to universities to your Degree certificate, becuase they can never be forged. That is why they request for it when you are going for your masters.

So, who is misleading who I am not a baby in this and its my job as an Award Winning Educationist (CEO).

Best wishes sir.

I pity anybody that will toe the line you are presenting.

Transcripts are not given to the students- agreed.
Tell me what will be the content of a transcript from your six months degree.
Re: I Want To Be A Lecturer But Have Only HND, Advise Me by Timossa(m): 8:06pm On Nov 23, 2016
Hi sir,

Get it straight. Its not a 6 months Degree. We convert your HND results into a Bachelor Degree which could take 1 - 6 months if you pay up and finish your project within those months.

HND is 4/5 years while B.Sc is also 4/5 years. Hope this helps

The conversion programme is not for everyone.

Thanks sir.

Dereformer:

I pity anybody that will toe the line you are presenting.

Transcripts are not given to the students- agreed.
Tell me what will be the content of a transcript from your six months degree.

Re: I Want To Be A Lecturer But Have Only HND, Advise Me by seyema(m): 9:05pm On Nov 23, 2016
Is it possible to become a lecturer in a university with 2.2 and a strong MSc grade?
Re: I Want To Be A Lecturer But Have Only HND, Advise Me by Timossa(m): 9:27pm On Nov 23, 2016
Yes sir, Its very possible because your Masters will override your Bachelor degree in this regard.

Hope this prove useful?

seyema:
Is it possible to become a lecturer in a university with 2.2 and a strong MSc grade?

1 Like

Re: I Want To Be A Lecturer But Have Only HND, Advise Me by Profandie(m): 11:26pm On Nov 23, 2016
Please experienced people help me out
if I do a pgd in noun then go and do msc in a conventional uni,can I still be considered for a lecturing job ?Meaning do they look at where u did your pgd (noun)? and will it affect my chances?
please advice
thanks in anticipation
Re: I Want To Be A Lecturer But Have Only HND, Advise Me by Timossa(m): 8:47am On Nov 24, 2016
Hello sir,

It's not going to affect you at all when you go for a lecturing job. NOUN is wel known and recognised as one of the best National Open University of Nigeria, meaning it's a Federal University.

NUC can say shit about them. You are good to go sir.

Cheers!!!

Profandie:
if I do a pgd in noun then go and do msc in a conventional uni,can I still be considered for a lecturing job ?Meaning do they look at where u did your pgd (noun)? and will it affect my chances?
please advice
thanks in anticipation
Re: I Want To Be A Lecturer But Have Only HND, Advise Me by Timossa(m): 8:48am On Nov 24, 2016
Hello sir,

It's not going to affect you at all when you go for a lecturing job. NOUN is well known and recognised as one of the best National Open University of Nigeria, meaning it's a Federal University.

NUC can't say shit about them. You are good to go sir.

Cheers!!!

Profandie:
please advice
thanks in anticipation
Re: I Want To Be A Lecturer But Have Only HND, Advise Me by Timossa(m): 8:49am On Nov 24, 2016
Hello sir,

It's not going to affect you at all when you go for a lecturing job. NOUN is well known and recognised as one of the best National Open University of Nigeria, meaning it's a Federal University.

NUC can't say bardeldash about them. You are good to go sir.

Cheers!!!

Profandie:
please advice
thanks in anticipation
Re: I Want To Be A Lecturer But Have Only HND, Advise Me by Dereformer(m): 12:05pm On Nov 24, 2016
Timossa:
Hi sir,

Get it straight. Its not a 6 months Degree. We convert your HND results into a Bachelor Degree which could take 1 - 6 months if you pay up and finish your project within those months.

HND is 4/5 years while B.Sc is also 4/5 years. Hope this helps

The conversion programme is not for everyone.

Thanks sir.

Please tell me what the content of the transcript, emanating from the conversion, will be.

I think its all about the money.

This is pure fraud as someone has earlier stated. NUC must identify those involved in this.
Re: I Want To Be A Lecturer But Have Only HND, Advise Me by Timossa(m): 12:40pm On Nov 24, 2016
Mr. Man,

Please, I beg you in Jesus name, don't say what you know nothing about. Mind you, this is legal and NUC has nothing to do about it. NUC is in Nigeria and MHESR is in Benin Republic. Do they mesh in any way

Please, respect yourself sir and don't let us fetch you out. Just simply mind your business the way am minding my own business.

Thank you for understanding me and I think you are matured enough to know what I mean and am talking about.

Regards.

Dereformer:

Please tell me what the content of the transcript, emanating from the conversion, will be.

I think its all about the money.

This is pure fraud as someone has earlier stated. NUC must identify those involved in this.
Re: I Want To Be A Lecturer But Have Only HND, Advise Me by Dereformer(m): 12:54pm On Nov 24, 2016
Timossa:
Mr. Man,

Please, I beg you in Jesus name, don't say what you know nothing about. Mind you, this is legal and NUC has nothing to do about it. NUC is in Nigeria and MHESR is in Benin Republic. Do they mesh in any way

Please, respect yourself sir and don't let us fetch you out. Just simply mind your business the way am minding my own business.

Thank you for understanding me and I think you are matured enough to know what I mean and am talking about.

Regards.

Please dont fetch me out. Henceforth, I will mind my business. grin grin grin grin
Re: I Want To Be A Lecturer But Have Only HND, Advise Me by Timossa(m): 1:03pm On Nov 24, 2016
Thank you sir for minding your own business, you are the best my man....

One love bro... smileysmileysmiley

Dereformer:

Please dont fetch me out. Henceforth, I will mind my business. grin grin grin grin
Re: I Want To Be A Lecturer But Have Only HND, Advise Me by ashas50(m): 1:56pm On Nov 24, 2016
2kaybiel:

is PGD presentable for job or only HND and bsc?

Yes, Pgd is higher than HND. Even all bsc student that did not past very well, need to go for pgd before they can futher there masters. So HND also need pgd before u can further your masters.
Re: I Want To Be A Lecturer But Have Only HND, Advise Me by shehuolayinka(m): 6:20pm On Nov 24, 2016
fineyemi:
Unilag DLI is very OK. drop the idea of Noun
Thank you very much sir, I really appreciate it.
Re: I Want To Be A Lecturer But Have Only HND, Advise Me by fineyemi(m): 6:40pm On Nov 24, 2016
shehuolayinka:
Thank you very much sir, I really appreciate it.
u are welcome sir
Re: I Want To Be A Lecturer But Have Only HND, Advise Me by Profandie(m): 6:49pm On Nov 24, 2016
Timossa:
Hello sir,

NUC can't say bardeldash about them. You are good to go sir.

Cheers!!!

thanks so much
I feel relieved now
Re: I Want To Be A Lecturer But Have Only HND, Advise Me by fineyemi(m): 6:57pm On Nov 24, 2016
Hardarmson:
This is the first post ever that i will read from A-Z in nairaland.. not because others had not made sense to me but this make me realise that there is one spirit living inside me that made me resist going back for my HND after i finished my ND since 2014... Though i always put in for D.E but haven't click yet.. now i am going to try write another Jamb because i thought writting jamb was another waisting of time together with the time waisted in my N.D days... thank you everybody.
Or better still, u should apply for any university accredited part time programme and save ursef the stress of taking jamb and starting from 100l when u can begin from 200l in any university accredited to run a part time programme. some university part time form available is Uniosun.
Re: I Want To Be A Lecturer But Have Only HND, Advise Me by cruxifixo: 6:33am On Nov 25, 2016
Are u guys saying with an HND - MASTERS - PHD (PhD and Masters in a mid -level British University) and presently teaching in a British University, I can't teach in a Nigerian University if I choose to do?
Re: I Want To Be A Lecturer But Have Only HND, Advise Me by Abdul4trust1(m): 12:31pm On Nov 26, 2016
2kaybiel:

is PGD presentable for job?
no, But Without Pgd An Hnd Holder Can't Go For Msc.
Re: I Want To Be A Lecturer But Have Only HND, Advise Me by Abdul4trust1(m): 12:32pm On Nov 26, 2016
Timossa:
But you can't go for your Ph.D without a B.Sc. Bachelor degree is very important, and its your first degree ever and not a certificate.

Most jobs demands for a First Degree holder and not a second degree or National Certificate.

Best wishes.

you Must Do Your Pgd Before Msc
Re: I Want To Be A Lecturer But Have Only HND, Advise Me by futurewise11(m): 2:52am On Nov 27, 2016
fados4sure:

There is definitely room for upgrade cos am in Germany right now upgrading

I started with HND + MSC

Which german university admitted you into M.Sc program with HND?
Re: I Want To Be A Lecturer But Have Only HND, Advise Me by Nobody: 8:41am On Nov 27, 2016
futurewise11:

Which german university admitted you into M.Sc program with HND?
Could you please check through my previous comment? I got MSC in Cyprus & currently in Germany for upgrade
Re: I Want To Be A Lecturer But Have Only HND, Advise Me by futurewise11(m): 9:13am On Nov 27, 2016
fados4sure:

Could you please check through my previous comment? I got MSC in Cyprus & currently in Germany for upgrade

Noted.
Re: I Want To Be A Lecturer But Have Only HND, Advise Me by SRK1(m): 10:49am On Nov 27, 2016
Who else wants to make it BIG LEGITIMATELY without having to do ANY hardwork?

I am a professional ghostwriter who will like to recruit other writers into my team.

With me, you will get paid handsomely for your writing talent.

You will be required to write original website and ebook contents.

I can guarantee you constant jobs, which means the only limit to the amount you can make in a week is what you decide to earn!

Want to make 50k weekly, 100k weekly, or 200k? I say it all depends on you!

You will be paid per 1000 words piece of writing.

So, for example, if you are able to write 5000 words ebook in 2 days, multiply 5 by the amount you would charge to write 1000 words, and that gives you your income for 2 days.

From that, you get an idea of how much you can make weekly.

All you have to be is an EXCELLENT writer. Your writing must be cohesive and free of grammatical errors.

Ready to grab your first job? CONTACT me IMMEDIATELY at: mavenwriter02@gmail.com

P.S. Only those who contact me through this email will be responded to. Also, if I wasn't sure I can employ a lecturer I wouldn't post this here. Thanks!

1 Like

Re: I Want To Be A Lecturer But Have Only HND, Advise Me by much30: 3:18pm On Nov 28, 2016
ade2008:

I'm in the system, working in a polytechnic, state owned. This is not hearsay, assumption, direct experience. With HND you can only be employed as a technologist or instructor(high cgpa). Note lecturer cadre is different from instructor cadre. I repeat, in Nigeria, no university will employ him as a lecturer even with HND+PGD+MSC, only polytechnic can. Many lecturers in the polytechnic with HND+PGD+MSC are now going back for degree so that can they have the opportunity to work in the university. Gone are the days HND are employed as instructor in the university and rise to be a professor. OP, my advice for you, if you really want to work in academics settings get the degree, and then your master. Dont go through the PGD+MSC path especially if you wish to work later as a reaseacher(lecturer) in the university. You will surely need the degree. This information is from a reliable source, i'm one of the victim of this abnormal system in this country. Be wise in your decision, dont waste your money and time. We are in the same age bracket, age is not a barrier to achieve your dream but take wise decision now. If you've academic Godfather you can neglect this advice. Goodluck

guy, i wonder where u got such story from. i know lots of lecturers that have HND + M. Sc who are working in my school (ANSU) and are currently undergoing their PhD programme. i don't even want to mention names. Getting appointments into any university is on "whom you know basis". the young man should start his masters and after that try his luck and also pray, he may be lucky. HE SHOULD REMEMBER "CONNECTIONS CAN HELP HIM GET ANY JOB IN NIGERIA "
Re: I Want To Be A Lecturer But Have Only HND, Advise Me by Nobody: 4:06pm On Dec 02, 2016
[quote author=ade2008 post=50995269]

I'm in the system, working in a polytechnic, state owned. This is not hearsay, assumption, direct experience. With HND you can only be employed as a technologist or instructor(high cgpa). Note lecturer cadre is different from instructor cadre. I repeat, in Nigeria, no university will employ him as a lecturer even with HND+PGD+MSC, only polytechnic can. Many lecturers in the polytechnic with HND+PGD+MSC are now going back for degree so that can they have the opportun
Sir, can he go for direct entry with his HND into 300L in the university to obtain degree cert?
Re: I Want To Be A Lecturer But Have Only HND, Advise Me by Nobody: 4:13pm On Dec 02, 2016
[quote author=Dereformer post=51112881]

Four years ago, I was in your shoes.

I had an HND(Distinction) in accounting and ACA.

The discrimination was just too much. My friend told me the painful truth. He ask me to go back to school for a Bsc in Accounting.

I thought of this, with children school fees to pay, family to feed and cloth and other important financial responsibilities to meet, how could I possibly add another responsiblity of paying university school fees for myself. It wasn't an ea
Sir, what if one go for Direct Entry with ND or HND into the university instead of starting from 100L, won't the degree cert be recognized after graduation?

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (Reply)

Meet Malam Abba Gandu From Kano, Who Has Been Feeding Lions For The Pass 50yrs / Sleep With Me Or I Fire You - My Female Boss. / Did I Make A Mistake Studying Law?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.