Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,466 members, 7,826,770 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 08:05 PM

Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available - Health (108) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available (638224 Views)

Ola Orekunrin, The Youngest Doctor In England At Age 21 / Doctor In The House: Free Medical Advice Available / Pharmacist In The House:free Medicines Advice Available (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) ... (305) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Samgreguc(m): 5:26am On Sep 22, 2013
Gud day docs. Atyms i notice than when I urinate they don't come out as one as it ought to be. Well it not all d time. Pls cud there be any problem?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 5:00pm On Sep 22, 2013
euromilion:

Get urself some antacid or fruits eg orange or even laxatives eg or ducolax tablet.
antacid for what?.....abeg....ahtacid got nothing to do in assisting ur BOWEL MOVEMENT....Laxatives are required for CHRONIC CONSTIPATION....eatin fruit is reliable n drink water....meet a GASTORENTEROLOGIST for any secondary GASTORINTESTINAL problem.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by ziga: 8:35pm On Sep 22, 2013
Lucky-G-:
antacid for what?.....abeg....ahtacid got nothing to do in assisting ur BOWEL MOVEMENT....Laxatives are required for CHRONIC CONSTIPATION....eatin fruit is reliable n drink water....meet a GASTORENTEROLOGIST for any secondary GASTORINTESTINAL problem.

Dude...

Some antacids cause diarrhea. Milk of magnesia is a classic example that can be used for treatment of heartburn as well as constipation. The magnesium component of it specifically.

Nobody knows it all!!!

1 Like

Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by joshuapharm(m): 9:46pm On Sep 22, 2013
ziga:

Dude...

Some antacids cause diarrhea. Milk of magnesia is a classic example that can be used for treatment of heartburn as well as constipation. The magnesium component of it specifically.

Nobody knows it all!!!

Spot on bro, Epsom salt likewise(been an antacid and also stimulates peristalsis).

1 Like

Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by joshuapharm(m): 9:51pm On Sep 22, 2013
#me@:

hw will i know all these now ehn. I forget immediately after exams, altho I am still in year 2.

Go out of ur way.. Goan apply for a community pharmacy job, u'd be able to get hold of good practice if u're under a good pharmacist. I remember after my 200L first semester, I was at work, then sum1 came in to ask for a stool softener. GBOOM!!! I went blank, couldn't remember anything(tho we had done dem antacids, laxatives, electrolyte replenishers dem under pch). I went back home to check my note, little by little I started getting better. Pharmacy depends on how much experience u av bro, not on how u can read and pour.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Niranking(m): 11:08pm On Sep 22, 2013
Brimmie:

Hey mate, i asked a Doctor on Tuesday exactly what you just posted. He laughed at me and asked me to stand up, and said "you are even taller than me"! He said abt the body thing, when am married, am gon' put on weight. i couldnt disagree.

But i think there's somethin wrong in the body system! Am the only skinny one in our family too!! I had a rapid growth but when i clocked 19, i stopped growing physically! Now am 22!

Let's hear the Docs!
hello doctor in d house,pls wt is d implication of this sign,anytime i go to toilet something like sperm use to come out frm my penics,is excatly sperm not lookin like,pls can i do sir
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Niranking(m): 11:21pm On Sep 22, 2013
joshuapharm:

Go out of ur way.. Goan apply for a community pharmacy job, u'd be able to get hold of good practice if u're under a good pharmacist. I remember after my 200L first semester, I was at work, then sum1 came in to ask for a stool softener. GBOOM!!! I went blank, couldn't remember anything(tho we had done dem antacids, laxatives, electrolyte replenishers dem under pch). I went back home to check my note, little by little I started getting better. Pharmacy depends on how much experience u av bro, not on how u can read and pour.
joshuapharm:

Have you taken any iron supplement lately? True, u might need more fibre in ur diet. Atm, u might need a stool softener(liquid paraffin(moko)) or laxative(say bisacodyl) or epsom salt. Walk into a pharmacy and relate this to the pharmacist in charge. If after this, symptoms persist, then pay ur doc a quick visit.. Cheers
joshuapharm:

Have you taken any iron supplement lately? True, u might need more fibre in ur diet. Atm, u might need a stool softener(liquid paraffin(moko)) or laxative(say bisacodyl) or epsom salt. Walk into a pharmacy and relate this to the pharmacist in charge. If after this, symptoms persist, then pay ur doc a quick visit.. Cheers
joshuapharm:

joshuapharm:

joshuapharm:

joshuapharm:

joshuapharm:

pls doctor,wht drug to be taken to last on the bed,or wt is ur advice to this problem, thks i'm waiting 4f ur respond.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 11:33pm On Sep 22, 2013
[quote
author=ziga]

Dude...

Some antacids cause diarrhea. Milk of magnesia is a classic example that
can be used for treatment of heartburn as well as constipation. The
magnesium component of it specifically.

Nobody knows it all!!![/quote]not a thing of ''who knws it all''...it is a thing of what to be done..and d ryt of whict should be...Antacid to walkover CONSTIPATION or INCREASE bowel movement is an unintensive medical practise....PYROSIS is nt a focus complain...In such state.....advices shud be direct to easy task with less complication...bsides dat EPSOM salt shud nt b given to a PREG woman at a tym she is to live her conefinement....is dat person a woman?...is she preg?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Gboliwe: 7:25am On Sep 23, 2013
azeezlateefah: Good to find this thread at last! @ doctor pls I had an attack some years back on my left eye which was severely punched....the problem is my left eye Is blured, I can't read with my right eye closed! It would be as if am in the middle of the night I won't see clearly,its Not garish, I went to hospital they wanna give me a glasses which couldn't make my left eye see brightly so I negate. pls and pls I need solution am tired of living my life this way...thanks...
too bad we can't give a better solution than the optician who saw you physically. Go and consult a qualified opthalmologist, maybe you may get better solution.
muhammed bilal: Pls house is there any cure for vitiligo if there is any kindly help me out
unfortunately, its incurable. I think it can only be managed to slow down the movement. On a lighter note sister, be happy it is not leprosy. In every stage in life, we are better than somebody.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Gboliwe: 7:34am On Sep 23, 2013
CallMeFemi: @ Doctor in the house

Pls I've been urinating more frequently than usual is there any problem??
what is your water intake like?
Capableben: ye; there is a case here.
the thing happens like epilepsy. but it only occurs at night; strictly during sleep. It never happens when am conscious.When i wake up the next day i feel so weak as though i lifted a house yesternight. i also discover that i bite the sides of my tongue lackadaisically.
pls doctor what do i call this and how can i finally treat it?
have you ever been epileptic? How do you know it happens like epilepsy?
harmeenart: Good evening to all the doctors in the house.
I want to know if there is any first aid treatment for weaklow(i dont know if that's d real name) that is just developing.
Thank you.
there is no firstaid treatment for withlow. Its a bacterial infection. Take antibiotics. Sorry, that is one painful ailment
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 8:49am On Sep 23, 2013
[quote
author=Gboliwe]
what is your water intake like?
have you ever been epileptic? How do you know it happens like epilepsy?
there is no firstaid treatment for withlow. Its a bacterial infection.
Take antibiotics. Sorry, that is one painful ailment[/quote]PARONYCHIA(Withlow) can be cos by both MYCOTIC/BACTERIAL condition......d well 2 knw organisms cosin it are CANDIDA ALBICAN and STAPHYLOCOCCUS SPP......But ur summoning an ANTIBIOTICS is nt bad at all...jus wich to open ur sense of observation....wich i biliv a good MEDICO will accept...
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 12:15pm On Sep 23, 2013
joshuapharm:

hmmm, thanks so much.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by senoraaquila(f): 8:33pm On Sep 23, 2013
lizzy95: (please i copied and pasted this from my orginal question)
Hello i'm elizabeth by name, a
friend of mine told me about
nairaland so i'm here to
discuss soime of my issues
with u guys
I've come to notice that many
things are going wrong with
me for a long tym now like: i'm
having alot of problem with
FOCUSING on task long enough
to get them done, Inability to
notice small
details And paying ATTENTION
(especially when in school, my
lecturer can say a million
words and i will just hold my
pen sterring @ him, @ d end
of d class i will berely jote half
a page whn odas hv written
abt 4_5 pgs),Being easily
distracted when i am doing
smth by noises,people, etc
irrational procrastination (alot
of people hate me 4 dis),
Disorganization and
forgetfulness.
inability to stay on one
topic at a time when leading
discusion or stay
focused while others
speak...hmmmm further more i
always move around restlessly
at times (i.e i just can seem to
be seated in a place 4 lon), i
think i'm also impatient
because i find myself
Constantly interrupting
others....the most painful part
is that no MATTER how i
prepare b4 reading (sleeping/
resting 4 hours) i cant study
for long because my head gets
weary and saturated on time
i.e if @ all i pay any attension 2
it.....please i really need you
help on this matter...because it
makes me cry when ever i
think abt it...[NB i knw i'm nt
dull, because i have a gud
understanding when ever my
attension is active BUT i 4get
most things on tym (e.g i can
explain a STATISTICS (math)
problem to a person that is
lost beside me but in d
evening i will go n meet d
person to explain 2 me again)
2. I dont hv any boy friend
now so am nt distracted by
any guy but rather by
ANYTHING)...please it took me
virtually d whole of today to
write and type this message.

Sounds a lot like ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder) to me. But like Sal C said, you should see a Psychiatrist. Hope it helps
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by senoraaquila(f): 8:41pm On Sep 23, 2013
ladepete:
Thank you very much doctor. I have done all of this test several times. The last was just a month back. Mp -ve. Widal:very low typhoid. FBC normal. I have done HIV test 3ce from nov last year to date. I did hbv test too just last month. I just finished halfan and amoxyl beecham 500mg.(20 capsules) used 1/3 daily and halfan 2tabs 6hourly.this I took ust 3 weeks ago. I must add, I drink approximately 8 bottles of heineken a week. With this medications less than a month ago; I went clubbing last week friday and had some hot drink and white wine. Now I have fever feelings again.never fully recovered from the hangover. Sont know if this can help u in helping me better. This reoccuring fever is killing my social life plz help.thanks
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by chuksisaac: 8:11am On Sep 24, 2013
docs in d buildin,pls ave bin avin this frequent urge 2 urinate 4 d past few days pls help
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by oluplus(m): 10:49am On Sep 24, 2013
Hello doc, I woke up last week and fell down and started feelin dizzy, went to a hospital and was told sugar level too high, wt malaria and typhoid. Was given drips , injection and drugs. Was discharged d same day, though still very weak. Since that time, till now. Am still not balanced, though, no more dizzinessn but I still stagger once in a while as if I'll fall. Went to anoda hosp, and was told to go for E/U/Cr tests and ECG .Am going to a lab outside now to conduct the test. Pls what could be wrong wt me. What other tests can I do. The truth I don't take sugar at all. Pls help me. Tired of malaria drugs for a week without improvement
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by humnsikan: 6:56pm On Sep 25, 2013
Emzybrown: My cousin suffered from partial stroke in 2008, then he was diagnose of hypertension with BP of 180/100,he is on anti-hypertensive therapy, but he complains to me that when ever he is tensed up,angry, talking in-front of large crowd, his pulse rate increases and he feels uncomfortable. Is this normal or what do you guys think, presently his BP is 130/80
Yeah, it's normal, those activities trigger the release of some "chemicals" that shoot the BP. The BP is ok for your dad, but if he's diabetic, it isn't Ok, it has to be lower than that. Tell your dad to take it easy on himself.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Unix1: 11:17pm On Sep 25, 2013
Good day,
I gave birth in the month of FEBRUARY OF this year about 3months after it I started noticing hottness in my lower stomach when ever I want to stool, later the hottness became permanent in my lower stomach,I went to a hospital near by after complaining the doctor gave me ampicillin and multivitamins told me to drink a lot of water eat a lot of vegetable and fruits 2 days after taking the drugs the symptoms disappeared for 2 weeks in a row and later came back as cramp in my legs.
I went to another hospital I was asked to go to the laboratory and do SWAP/HVS/,URINE & BLOOD
Swap came back and I have CLORIFORM ORG, in the URINE I have moderate growth of ECOLI & BLOOD test was negative. the doctor placed me on anti-biotics for 4days with other injections according to the drugs written on my lab result which ciprofloxacin drip but even after taking the drugs and spending days in the hospital,I still feel the hottness around my leg area that is from my labs,help what can I do about it?
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Saylawchar(m): 8:52pm On Sep 26, 2013
pls what is the best way to handle morning sickness especially coming from one's spouse
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Teegali(f): 10:26pm On Sep 26, 2013
Hello doctor in d house,i av bin having strong heart beat ,d kind one gets one when ur heart jumps or when u r scared of sometin.even when i m not scared of anytin in particular.its been on for more than a month now,i initially taugth it was a sign of pregnancy because i av been tryin to conceive for some years now. Could it be a sign of high blood pressure/hypertention/diabetes or whats ur advice.thanks
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by yoged(m): 11:06pm On Sep 26, 2013
Teegali: Hello doctor in d house,i av bin having strong heart beat ,d kind one gets one when ur heart jumps or when u r scared of sometin.even when i m not scared of anytin in particular.its been on for more than a month now,i initially taugth it was a sign of pregnancy because i av been tryin to conceive for some years now. Could it be a sign of high blood pressure/hypertention/diabetes or whats ur advice.thanks
strong heartbeat ? is your heartbeat very fast.? i think its due to anxiety. what are u anxious about ? kindly take things easy and get good sleep.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 7:12am On Sep 27, 2013
harmeenart: Good evening to all the doctors in the house.
I want to know if there is any first aid treatment for weaklow(i dont know if that's d real name) that is just developing.
Thank you.

Go ur pharmacy and ask for colomark solution.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Unix1: 7:42am On Sep 27, 2013
Hello doctors in the house I would be happy to get an advice or solution to my health problem.
I gave birth in the month of FEBRUARY OF this year about 3months after it I started noticing hottness in my lower stomach when ever I want to stool, later the hottness became permanent in my lower stomach,I went to a hospital near by after complaining the doctor gave me ampicillin and multivitamins told me to drink a lot of water eat a lot of vegetable and fruits 2 days after taking the drugs the symptoms disappeared for 2 weeks in a row and later came back as cramp in my legs.
I went to another hospital I was asked to go to the laboratory and do SWAP/HVS/,URINE & BLOOD
Swap came back and I have CLORIFORM ORG, in the URINE I have moderate growth of ECOLI & BLOOD test was negative. the doctor placed me on anti-biotics for 4days with other injections according to the drugs written on my lab result which ciprofloxacin drip but even after taking the drugs and spending days in the hospital,I still feel the hottness around my leg area that is from my labs,help what can I do about it?[/quote]
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by DrABCD: 7:44am On Sep 27, 2013
DR. U R DOING A GUD JOB HELPIN PEOPLE , I WIL ONLY ADVICE DT U SHLD PROVIDE SOLUTIONS DT ARE ACCESSIBLE, EFFECTIVE AND RELIABLE IN THIS OUR TROPIC ENVIRONMNT..

AND AS MUCH AS POSSIBLE USE SIMPLE ENGLISH TERMS TO EXPLAIN A CONDITION...THE USE OF MEDICAL TERMS MAY FUDA CAUSE CONFUSION RADA THN SOLVIN IT.

THNK U!
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by bayernobi07: 10:34am On Sep 27, 2013
Help doctor...
Please im feeling hoarse and kind of tightness in the chest..
and also dizzy this morning..i felt like ill faint..but after drinking water and resting..i feel strength coming back
...im on Levoflaxin drug, vitamin b complex, and Amlodipine drug for a fairly High blood pressure relaxing..I had been battling with Thypoid issues for 3 months plus now..it was cleared once and now back again....thats why im being treated....Please what do i do..I am tired.
I want my precious health back..as iv not been 100% all these while...

I did HIV test 2ce out of fear..Negative...so thats ruled out..
They did Urine tests..i asked for any issues with Kidney etc..they said no indications of anything like that in my urine test that came out..
My urine was declared Normal. However my Blood pressure is on the high side..not hypertensive yet.

but at times i feel full...feel musky in my eyes..and this hoarse tight feel in my chest and dizziness..sometimes feel like fainting.
please whats going on...i am 6.1 foot tall and weigh 108..which is bad...i want to start dieting..but cant in this condition..as im on drugs..i will start watching it after im ok..help i want to get back to 100% and be very vigilant henceforth about where i eat, how i eat...etc.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by baba4segun: 1:22pm On Sep 28, 2013
Pls which food is advisable for and ulcer patients to be eating,and how can they be eating such food so that the pain we not be complicated.what can also be their medications pls I need answer very fastPls which food is advisable for and ulcer patients to be eating,and how can they be eating such food so that the pain we not be complicated.what can also be their medications pls I need answer very fastPls which food is advisable for and ulcer patients to be eating,and how can they be eating such food so that the pain we not be complicated.what can also be their medications pls I need answer very fast
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by dude99(m): 2:52pm On Sep 28, 2013
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by Nobody: 5:19pm On Sep 28, 2013
Lols.
Whatever happened to abstinence? The thing aint food please.
Ok, u can try out 3 other labs for confirmation, that should do. See a doc for proper examination also.
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by dude99(m): 6:05pm On Sep 28, 2013
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by SalC: 7:17pm On Sep 28, 2013
dude99: Hello,i had a bruise on my penis while romancing a? lady,as it goes on the lady touched my penis,had some symptom of Hiv and i went to the hospital after 3 month and i am negative!do you think i should rule out Hiv from my mind?
What are the symptoms you talked about? It might not be symptoms of HIV. You should also repeat the test to be certain. When next you have such experience don't wait for three months before getting tested, you should immediately go to the nearest Heart to Heart centre, get the test and possibly take prophylaxis.

FYI, abstinence remains the best option anyday .
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by joshuapharm(m): 8:06pm On Sep 28, 2013
bayernobi07: Help doctor...
Please im feeling hoarse and kind of tightness in the chest..
and also dizzy this morning..i felt like ill faint..but after drinking water and resting..i feel strength coming back
...im on Levoflaxin drug, vitamin b complex, and Amlodipine drug for a fairly High blood pressure relaxing..I had been battling with Thypoid issues for 3 months plus now..it was cleared once and now back again....thats why im being treated....Please what do i do..I am tired.
I want my precious health back..as iv not been 100% all these while...

I did HIV test 2ce out of fear..Negative...so thats ruled out..
They did Urine tests..i asked for any issues with Kidney etc..they said no indications of anything like that in my urine test that came out..
My urine was declared Normal. However my Blood pressure is on the high side..not hypertensive yet.

but at times i feel full...feel musky in my eyes..and this hoarse tight feel in my chest and dizziness..sometimes feel like fainting.
please whats going on...i am 6.1 foot tall and weigh 108..which is bad...i want to start dieting..but cant in this condition..as im on drugs..i will start watching it after im ok..help i want to get back to 100% and be very vigilant henceforth about where i eat, how i eat...etc.

Bros, if u made all this complains to ur doctor, I doubt ull need to type it here.. Id av replied earlier, buh for the doctors that'll call for my head if i did, buh ill do it anyways.. Okay, ur weight is a serious problem if u want to get back to health if you want to get back to health, it could be the reason for ur BP, ur LDL cholesterol level is prolly very high, preventing normal blood flow. Tiredness and chest tightness could be well related to angina pectoris, u don't want that to progress, trust me... My first point of call would be ur weight loss while still using ur amlodipine, b4 other treatment'll follow.. I could suggest orlistat or any lipid lowering drug plus a muscle relaxant b4 u see ur doc next... U need a weight loss therapy and adequate workout in a gym. U can pm me if there more to it.. Cheers
Re: Doctor in the House: Free Medical Advice Available by dude99(m): 8:49pm On Sep 28, 2013

(1) (2) (3) ... (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) ... (305) (Reply)

How Can I Get Rid Of Black Spots On My Face? / Doctor In The House:Obstetrics And Gynecology / How Do I Calculate My Safe Period?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 113
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.